PDA

View Full Version : Need help building a Alt-Dhampir (Using Create a Race)

TheWanderer
2013-07-25, 10:32 PM
Ok so I found the page that IDed the Dhampir from the advanced races as a 11 RP race so I figured with this layout I can try to tweak the abilities a bit.

Well scrolling through I find this.
Spell-Like Ability, Lesser (Variable, see Special):
Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Choose a 2nd-level or lower
spell that does not attack a creature or deal damage.
Members of this race can use this spell as a spell-like
ability once per day. The caster level of the spell is equal
to the user’s character level. Special: This trait costs as
many RP as the level of the spell chosen (minimum 1
RP). This trait can be taken up to three times. Each time
you take an additional spell, adjust the RP cost of this
trait appropriately.

So is Cure Light wounds not allowed because it can damage undead? Because if it is allowed then I am fine with using the Inflict light wounds to be used as a cure light wounds for my Dhampir (Who suffers from the Negative Energy Affinity)

It has a At-Will version with the RP costing double the spell level. Does this mean I could make a character with an At-Will power of True Strike?

TheWanderer
2013-07-26, 12:11 AM
Ok so I had a little bit of a fun idea.
I am gonna post the table found online.
Spell-Like Abilities (Lesser, Greater, At-Will) all have rules but no spell can be above 4th lvl. In the case of the At-Will you have to double the lvlto get the RP for it.
Lets see how much of the Vampire myths we can fit into this Dhampir build using Spell-Like Abilities (Lesser, Greater, At-Will) and still keep the number under 20 (19 is the MAX)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/FoxFireGraphicsInc/Dhampirtable_zps8fbe6722.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/FoxFireGraphicsInc/media/Dhampirtable_zps8fbe6722.jpg.html)
We can use different kinds of vampire myths such as the controls bats, can turn into a bat, can control or summon fog, read minds, etc.

avr
2013-07-26, 01:43 AM
The race points system is, um, not particularly accurate as far as balancing created races goes. You're probably better to make some changes and eyeball them for balance, particularly if you're only going to use the race for one GMPC.