PDA

View Full Version : How would you build the ultimate Kobold?

danzibr
2013-07-25, 11:21 PM
No, I don't mean Pun-Pun.

Kobolds have a lot of fluff. Shoot, RotD is basically a book all about Kobolds. If you were to build a powerful, iconic Kobold, what would you do?

My idea would be something like Half-Dragon (probably red), combination of Sorcerer, Kobold Paragon, probably some prestige classes. The ultimate Kobold, not ultimate in terms of optimization, but ultimate in the sense of... now *that's* a Kobold (low whistle).

Please don't say the iconic Kobold is a weak little creature which attacks in numbers, then proceed to link Tucker's Kobolds. I'm talking more like the Legendary Animal template (well, there is no official template) but for Kobolds.

Verditude
2013-07-25, 11:27 PM
Venerable Dragonwrought White Dragonspawn Greater Draconic Rite of Passage Loredrake kobold. Lots of free sorcerer levels.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-25, 11:36 PM
Maybe toss some Combat Trapsmith in there? Regardless, you've got to give a nod to their trap-making skills.

Telonius
2013-07-25, 11:50 PM
"The" iconic kobold, imo, is Meepo (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20060120a).

The essence of the kobold is using your brainpower to defeat the hordes of adventurers that are always sent against you. You refuse to be the cannon fodder that the adventurers expect. You are Kobold, you are strong, you are smart. If the fight is overwhelming, you will escape to fight another day.

Factotum would be excellent, as would be Wizard (if only for the variety of options). I could certainly see a Combat Trapsmith being an "Everykobold."

Zanos
2013-07-25, 11:59 PM
Venerable Dragonwrought White Dragonspawn Greater Draconic Rite of Passage Loredrake kobold. Lots of free sorcerer levels.

I believe if you become a Dragonspawn after having taken the Dragonwrought feat, you instead become an Abomination, which has an additional +2 LA.

Either that or they don't qualify for either template since their type is dragon.

I've been wrong before, though.