PDA

View Full Version : how does the mailman build hold up through levels?

morkendi
2013-07-26, 08:23 AM
I see how strong it is later, but I am wondering at what point does he really start to pull ahead? I am interested, but must arcane casters I play are battlefield control and debuffers.

Killer Angel
2013-07-26, 08:40 AM
mmm... the build works by using spells with large use of metamagic feats, combined with metamagic reducers to maintain the spell levels manageable.
So, it starts to be effective at mid-levels, I'd say.

tyckspoon
2013-07-26, 11:43 AM
Well, you're still a Wizard or Sorcerer. It's not like you ever have to be *ineffective*. If the question is when you can be up and running with effective direct damage as your main tool, I'd say that depends on when you can Arcane Thesis your preferred spell. (So level 6, if you want to work with a 1st/2nd/3rd level spell; Scorching Ray is decent.) It also depends some on how many feats you have available- a Wizard with Flaws will look like a full Mailman a lot sooner than one without, and a Gray Elf using the Chaos Shuffle to turn his racial proficiencies into extra metamagic will be ready to go at almost full potency as soon as he can get his Arcane Thesis.