PDA

View Full Version : Need help debuffing

Seclora
2013-07-26, 11:58 AM
Hi, first time poster here.

So I'm working on a team for a tournament that will be fighting the PCs, and one of the team members is going to be the boss at the end of the week. To help keep them from preparing for the boss fight, I'm trying to remove a few of his more powerful abilities, lower his health, cross the board weakness.

So, how would you lower a Ex-druid 5, Blighter 10, Duelist 10 Paragon(+15 Level Adjustment) Human to make him a on par with the rest of his team of level 25 characters.

I've got Lower Spell Resistance(only 15 lowered though), Ebon Ray of Doom(for the Fast Healing), Vulnerability(remove DR) and Delusions of Grandeur(general debuff) so far. I was thinking of using Harm to directly lower his health, but if there's a more(less?) direct way, that'd help. And he won't be preparing spells until the big battle, so that'll help too, but I suspect he's still rather too powerful for people to not figure him out.

Rambling, My question really comes down to, how can I lower his saves, Attack, and Health in a considerable, temporary, controllable way?

captain fubar
2013-07-27, 07:52 PM
for acrost the board debuffing that has no permanant efects then i would like to point out that most spells that give negative levels either have to short a duration to make you save vs level loss 24 hours later or say in the spell description that it never becomes perminant. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/enervation.htm
just remember not to optimise your weight maker if its only ment to be a debuff

nevermind apon rereading i see that you are into epic levels and what epic charicter isnt imune to negitive levels

Seclora
2013-07-27, 08:16 PM
Actually, I sort of came up with an answer to my own question. Magic Items of an opposed alignment generally bestow un-restorable negative levels while worn. A powerful good artifact should be capable of dealing with that, and would be able to hide underneath a Death Ward. Just means loading up a bad guy with Holy weapons.

Urpriest
2013-07-27, 08:19 PM
The level adjustment is irrelevant if they're NPCs. You're looking at CR instead.

Anyway, how are you going to justify in-game why he's debuffed for this fight? Who would have debuffed him, if not the PCs?

Seclora
2013-07-27, 11:39 PM
He debuffed himself. For sneaky evil reasons, also dramatic effect.

The idea is that he's joining a team competing against the PCs in a big tournament-thing and wants to blend in. Also so that his CR for the regular tournament fights is the same as the rest of his teammates, without making him rather spontaneously more powerful for the boss fight.