PDA

View Full Version : V for Vendetta translation

leegi0n
2013-07-26, 02:38 PM
V, from the movie.....

what class(es) would he be, in your opinion? Level? Feats/abilities?

I'm curious what he would like as a forgotten realms build.

The Viscount
2013-07-27, 11:22 AM
I'm tempted to say ranger with favored organization (Norsefire) into vigilante, partially for fluff and partially for more V's, but vigilante is kind of awful. Avenging Executioner seems a decent fit, though you'd need apprentice (soldier) because ranger doesn't give intimidate for some bizarre reason. If you don't mind using April Fool's Day material, Avenger sort of fits, though to me non-chaotic doesn't fit V alignment-wise.

Petrocorus
2013-07-27, 12:28 PM
I would say Warblade focusing on Tiger Claw stuff. Maybe with some Shadow Hands addition.

Octopus Jack
2013-07-27, 12:56 PM
Well he demonstrates in the film a proficiency in both knives and unarmed combat, usage of explosives and poisons. He is able to infiltrate secure locations and has amassed a vast amount of stolen goods which hints at well developed stealth skills and is a meticulous planner able to manipulate events and people around him to get the desired result.

I'd pin him for a rogue as a broad generalization, possibly martial factotum, with levels in invisible blade and his theme does fit avenging executioner quite well. But I have not seen V for Vendetta in years so could be forgetting/mis-remembering things.

Aharon
2013-07-27, 01:06 PM
I just rewatched the final fight scene.
In the final fight scene, he fought against fourteen soldiers plus Creedy.

I would probably model him with Quick Draw, Cleave, Greater Cleave and some homebrew sneak-attack-like thing that enables him to down lots of foes in a round, coupled with superhuman STR, DEX and CON.

lsfreak
2013-07-27, 02:07 PM
I would probably model him with Quick Draw, Cleave, Greater Cleave and some homebrew sneak-attack-like thing that enables him to down lots of foes in a round, coupled with superhuman STR, DEX and CON.

I don't think you need that, he's a superhuman in a world of 1st level commoners and a few NPC classes. They don't take much damage before dropping.

The Viscount
2013-07-27, 02:22 PM
I hadn't thought of warblade, but that final fight scene seems a very good example of Time Stands Still.

Gwendol
2013-07-27, 03:28 PM
Daring outlaw rogue/swasbuckler isn't bad. He clearly has high INT, so insightful strike is put to good use.
Add some travel devotion to move as a swift action and get full attacks. He is likely to have some skill tricks/feats to render opponents flatfooted.

Nettlekid
2013-07-27, 03:50 PM
How has no one suggested Master Thrower yet? What with the dagger-hurling and all, I definitely see that fitting. I guess Rogue is a pretty good fit for him, though I also see Ninja working (since he does kind of appear/vanish all of a sudden, and Ninjas have that ability). And of course, Factotum fits in pretty well since he's very high Int, skillful, and very cunning, as per all of the Factotum's Cunning X abilities.

Gwendol
2013-07-27, 04:43 PM
As a TWF daring outlaw he should be able to qualify for master thrower as well, no?