PDA

View Full Version : What spells for bard cohort? (Pathfinder)

Zach J.
2013-07-26, 06:04 PM
I'm currently playing Flint Westwood, a chaotic evil elf gunslinger (mysterious stranger), who is pretty close to leveling up and taking the Leadership feat. I have a hireling, a gnome bard named Sergio, whom I plan on promoting to cohort status as soon as I'm able.

With the DM's permission I've written up Sergio's stats, but I'm stumped as to what spells to give the guy.

Sergio

TN Male Gnome Bard (Street Performer) 7

Str 3, Dex 11, Con 11, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 20

He's 166 years old.

Bluff +8, Craft: Alchemy +14, Diplomacy +5 (+8 to influence crowd or gather information), Disguise +15, Escape Artist +10, Intimidate +5 (+8 to influence crowd), Knowledge: Local +10, Linguistics +6, Perception +14, Perform: Sing +15, Perform: Strings +20, Sleight of Hand +13, Stealth +14

Extra Performance, Improved Initiative, Skill Focus (Perform: Strings), Toughness

I've had some ideas for spells, but I'd like to get some feedback.

SPELLS
0 Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Sift
1 Alarm, Charm Person, Grease, Undetectable Alignment, Vanish
2 Eagle's Splendor, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Pyrotechnics
3 Haste, Reviving Finale

Undetectable Alignment is a must as there is a paladin in our party, but I'm open to suggestions concerning everything else.

Most of the time he'll be using his Harmless Performer ability during fights so I suppose I'm looking for spells that are more useful outside of combat with perhaps a few that can shut down opponents if necessary.