PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Cleric Build [Help]

TheWanderer
2013-07-26, 06:41 PM
Alright so because one member dropped out of our party (At least for now) we are down to 3 people (Including me as a GMPC) but none of us are healers so I am making a Healbot Cleric for the Summoner to play on the side.

Now I am making the race (The player is specific in that she wants a Pixie to be the healer) so I made a race that has Detect and Read Magic as at will powers, as well as Invisibility as an at-will so that they dont have the justified excuse of 'well why aren't they attacking the little creature healing us' So its mainly an excuse.

But how should I go about building a Cleric who will be lvl 2. She is likely going to be Neutral Good (The fluff is this little pixie owes the party a life debt so she has agreed to follow them along and provide healing till such time they release her from this debt.)

Please remember we have 2 normal players and 1 Dhampir who requires negative energy spells such as inflict light wounds to heal.

navar100
2013-07-26, 07:03 PM
It might be easier to make the character a Life Mystery Oracle. The character can still have Channel Energy, so take Selective Channeling feat. With limited spells known, you only have to make spell choices at each level gain and be done. The Mystery itself offers some remove affliction spells for free. You can add a few more as well as buff spells as the levels progress. By not taking attack spells, it's an excuse as to why the character doesn't take a more active role against the bad guys. Healing and buffing work just fine. As a spontaneous caster the character can spam buff spells on everyone, such as Protection From Evil or Shield of Faith.

TheWanderer
2013-07-26, 07:20 PM
Hmm so you think I should use Oracle huh? I don't know much of that class. So I need to look over it.

How should I gear her and feat her out?

FatherMalkav
2013-07-26, 08:20 PM
Can you tell us more about the costume race you made, that may help us with builds.

Oracles are spontaneous divine casters defined by their Mystery and there Curse. Mystery is the theme of their powers (and source) and their Curse is just that: some supernatural hindrance.

Two good curses for you would be Lame (assuming she can fly) or Blackened (more reason not to take part in the fighting).

Life would be a good Mystery, as is focuses on healing. You get a Revelation (Mystery based class feature chosen from a list) at level one. I'd suggest Life Link, which allows the cleric to take on the wounds of party members. This would allow the pixie to heal herself (and not break invisibility) as well as bypass the positive/negative problem the Dhamir would have since he's not actually being healed, just 'losing wounds'

TheWanderer
2013-07-26, 08:29 PM
Type: Fey (2)
Subtype: Pixie
Size: Tiny (4)
Speed: Normal
Ability Modifier: Standard (+2 Int; +2 Dex; -2 Str)
Language: Standard
Racial Skills
Skill Bonus (Heal) (2)
Skill Trained (1) (Fly & Stealth)
Racial Traits
Static Bonus Feat (Flyby Attack) (2)
Spell-Like Ability, At-Will
Detect Magic (0) (The rule states to double the level of the spell and 0 x2 is 0)
Read Magic (0)
Prestidigitation (0)
Invisibility (4)
Movement racial Traits
Flight (12)(Perfect Flight)(70ft)
Total 27

Is the race I built. She is a bit uber but this is due to her not leveling up with the party the first level till she is on level with them (20+ adds a +1 lvl)

FatherMalkav
2013-07-26, 08:47 PM
So she'll be ECL 3 (Race 1/Oracle 2)?

TheWanderer
2013-07-26, 08:51 PM
No she will be a Oracle level 1 and 1 race. So a ECL2. Or I might do her at a 3 and just starve her of EXP till the party reaches that level.

navar100
2013-07-26, 09:19 PM
Oracle Life Mystery

Life Link at low level is too dangerous. You don't have the hit points to cover it. Maybe for your 3rd level revelation and even then only for one party member. At 7th level it works well enough.

Level 1 Revelation: Channel Energy

Level 1 Feat: Selective Channeling so you don't heal the bad guys.
Level 3 Feat: Extra Channeling to heal more often.

Level 3 Revelation: Energy Body - become Elemental Subtype and heal 1d6 + oracle level as a move action, yourself or party member. Works well with Life Link because it is a move action to heal yourself still allowing you to do something else.

Level 5 Feat: Quick Channel to use Channel Energy as a move action to do something else, like cast a spell or another Channel if you need emergency healing during combat.

Level 7 Revelation: Life Link. If you find you're casting a lot of healing spells in combat, Safe Curing instead, but Life Link is fine.

TheWanderer
2013-07-26, 09:22 PM
I thank you very much for the insight Navar.

I will likely be doing the build with insight from the player because she will be busy building Toothless as her Eidolons and I don't want to burden her. So this is all very helpful.

I am running this off 3 established modules that I may spice up from time to time so I want them to have a good healer on the off chance I mess up and get them near death.

grarrrg
2013-07-26, 09:42 PM
For more ideas for your build give the Oradin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257365) guide a look over.
Feel free to ignore all the "Paladin" stuff. The Oradin is a "Non-Bot Healbot", but since you just want a Healbot anyway, then you can ignore the Paladin stuff.