PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Juju Oracle -- Juju Zombies

Blyte
2013-07-26, 10:26 PM
currently playing in an evil campaign, and it seems I will be breaking the game at 6th level, when my juju oracle starts to animate juju zombies (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/zombie-juju-cr-1).

I can re-animate an encounter that pushed the party to its limits into even more powerful versions of themselves, which are now my minions.... it seems I will just be able to steamroll the AP.

I guess I should just limit myself to regular zombies.. I was planning to just have fodder and flanking buddies in my zombies, but juju zombies seem entirely OP

let's not forget charm person, command undead, and eventual dominate person/charm monster... this class is entirely OP

and the capstone is just NUTS! I get to reassign anyone (party members and myself included) new bodies?! what!?

Crasical
2013-07-26, 10:58 PM
How? You need Create Undead to make Juju zombies, and you only get that at 10th level, not sixth. Plus, you need to spend fifty gold per HD of the thing you're re-animating, PLUS have a caster-level greater than the HD of your opponent.

avr
2013-07-26, 11:06 PM
The requirements look borked. You need enervation or energy drain to create a juju zombie, but you have no access to either. I'm not sure how that is supposed to work.

Since you need to pay a revelation (equivalent to a feat) as well as spells known to get charm/dominate person, I don't see that as horribly broken.

Edit: the capstone though, that's broken. It's also level 20 so I personally don't care.

Crasical
2013-07-26, 11:17 PM
The requirements look borked. You need enervation or energy drain to create a juju zombie, but you have no access to either. I'm not sure how that is supposed to work.

Since you need to pay a revelation (equivalent to a feat) as well as spells known to get charm/dominate person, I don't see that as horribly broken.

Edit: the capstone though, that's broken. It's also level 20 so I personally don't care.

Energy Drain is on the Oracle list, but as a 9th level spell, I kind of question it changing the situation much. It's probably best to just waive that requirement.

Blyte
2013-07-27, 01:07 PM
How? You need Create Undead to make Juju zombies, and you only get that at 10th level, not sixth. Plus, you need to spend fifty gold per HD of the thing you're re-animating, PLUS have a caster-level greater than the HD of your opponent.

for some reason I was thinking the juju oracle could animate them.. the mystery (while not the worst written) is terribly written.

50gp per HD is welllllll worth it btw, and there are a numerous ways (especially for necromancy school) to increase your caster level.

looks like I will have some stout fodder zombies till 10th I guess..