PDA

View Full Version : Character help

questionmark693
2013-07-27, 02:57 AM
So I'm looking making an eldrith theurge (complete mage I believe) that qualifies with sorcerer. I'm playing in a campaign that doesn't give a lot of magic items, so I took VoP, and I also took spellfire wielder (magic of faerūn). I intend to also at some point take spellfire channeler from the same book, just for the first two levels. Is this a horrible build for reasons I'm not seeing?

Waker
2013-07-27, 07:12 AM
So I'm looking making an eldrith theurge (complete mage I believe) that qualifies with sorcerer. I'm playing in a campaign that doesn't give a lot of magic items, so I took VoP, and I also took spellfire wielder (magic of faerūn). I intend to also at some point take spellfire channeler from the same book, just for the first two levels. Is this a horrible build for reasons I'm not seeing?

Could be better, could be worse. Note that with VoP chosen, you'll need to take Eschew Materials to address the lack of spell components. You'll also need to note which spells have costly materials.
I'm not familiar with the Spellfire Channeler, so I can't comment on that.
Note that you will be rather unimpressive as far as overall magical ability goes. Sorcerer is already on a slower spell progression when compared to classes like Wizard or Cleric, and needing three levels of Warlock to get into ET won't be helping. Assuming your party is lower op though, you should be fine. I would suggest grabbing movement and utility invocations such as Fell Flight and Beguiling Influence. For spells, I would suggest looking at Necromancy and Transmutation debuffs that can be added to your Spellblast ability.