PDA

View Full Version : Here's a concept. Lets build it!

Immabozo
2013-07-27, 05:07 AM
I was hanging out with friends today and my friend brought up a Joseph Stalin quote the is stunningly horrific.

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our enemies have guns, why would we let them have ideas?" -Joseph Stalin

That would make an amazing BBEG, or a fun character for the evil campaign.

So, maybe the playground can collaborate and we can make a truly horrific character with that as its motto.

Hyena
2013-07-27, 05:35 AM
Well, mind rape is a spell that BBEG would have in disposal.

Samalpetey
2013-07-27, 06:20 AM
Assuming an evil wizard, the aforementioned mindrape can be pretty cool, possibly running his kingdom/local area with simulcra and ice assassins killing off the brightest, most imaginative people around, and using detect thoughts to make sure no one's plotting

Immabozo
2013-07-27, 12:03 PM
I agree. Wizard with mindrape, replacing opinion leaders and scientists with ice assassins, possibly running around with DMM persist guards with a 24 hour brainspider going on.

Feats, definitely leadership

Samalpetey
2013-07-27, 12:43 PM
Maybe he could have a Thrallherd ally, or be one himself

Feralventas
2013-07-27, 12:43 PM
Cleric could do this, but a Telepath/Thrallherd could, I think, do it better. Taking Leadership as well as the Thrallherd options, they could cover the Cleric/Wizard side of things as needed, possibly having one of them take Undead Leadership to cover that base as well. This would mean you'd have an unnatural draw of people, a strange allure to the undead, while still gathering normal folks simply by being powerful and influential.

You then use memory-manipulation powers to take over minds and alter them as you see fit, which you can do at lower levels and simply be a bit more surgical about what you allow or remove. You can also, ad mid/high levels take your inner-circle and manifest the power that replaces their mind and personality with a copy of your own, meaning that you never need worry too much about who you're working with, as they're all you, working toward your goals.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-27, 01:12 PM
Cleric could do this, but a Telepath/Thrallherd could, I think, do it better. Taking Leadership as well as the Thrallherd options, they could cover the Cleric/Wizard side of things as needed, possibly having one of them take Undead Leadership to cover that base as well. This would mean you'd have an unnatural draw of people, a strange allure to the undead, while still gathering normal folks simply by being powerful and influential.

You then use memory-manipulation powers to take over minds and alter them as you see fit, which you can do at lower levels and simply be a bit more surgical about what you allow or remove. You can also, ad mid/high levels take your inner-circle and manifest the power that replaces their mind and personality with a copy of your own, meaning that you never need worry too much about who you're working with, as they're all you, working toward your goals.

Unfortunately, you can't. It explicitly calls out that you lose Leadership if you take levels in Thrallherd.

Feralventas
2013-07-27, 01:30 PM
Oh right, my mistake. It's Undead Leadership that isn't technically banned. Would need the Thrallherd cohort or undead cohort to take the normal leadership.

Immabozo
2013-07-27, 01:41 PM
Oh right, my mistake. It's Undead Leadership that isn't technically banned. Would need the Thrallherd cohort or undead cohort to take the normal leadership.

what book is thrallherd from?

Samalpetey
2013-07-27, 02:07 PM
what book is thrallherd from?

Expanded Psionics Handbook

erikun
2013-07-27, 02:10 PM
Also, in the SRD. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/thrallherd.htm)

omnitricks
2013-07-27, 02:25 PM
A Summoner Broodmaster which uses his summons to play big brother over everyone of interest. Then with Leadership sends his general (cohort) and faceless minions (followers) to get rid of potential problems before it begins :P

Immabozo
2013-07-27, 04:18 PM
A Summoner Broodmaster which uses his summons to play big brother over everyone of interest. Then with Leadership sends his general (cohort) and faceless minions (followers) to get rid of potential problems before it begins :P

I'm unfamiliar with the Summoner Broodmaster, what book is it in?

But Thrallherd is definitely the way to go so far! From what my grandmother told me before she passed, that sounds like Joseph Stalin's class. (She dated his son, Vacilli, so I know a few stories stories about him most dont, as well the KGB)