PDA

View Full Version : Racial Profiling

Torger
2006-12-12, 03:09 PM
Alright, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, so if not, sorry Mod. Please move me to the appropriate forum.

I'm working on tweaking SSS's Scarred Lands setting to suit my personal taste, as well as incorporating a lot of the fluff from various splat books. What I'm going is setting the available PC races. I want it to be intentionally broad, enough so that options are available for pretty much anything, but each race has a "thing" or a "shtick" that they are more or less bound to.

Flavour-wise, it works for me to have 27 (!) races to work with, mostly for the color of the realm I'm reshaping, but I'm having issues coming up with a couple of good races. and I mean Good, as in alignment.

Here's what I've got to date:

On the Side of Law:
(Short and Stout)

Mountain Dwarves (LG)
Burrow Dwarves (gnomes; long story) (LN)
Charduni Dwarves (LE)

On the Side of Chaos
(Mountainkin)
Goliaths (CG)
Half-Giants (CN)
Kobolds (CE)

On the Side of Evil
(Monstrous Beasts)
Hobgoblins (LE)
Gnolls (NE)
Orcs (CE)

Neutrality from the Top
(Pointy-eared and sickly)
High Elves (NG)
Wood Elves (N)
Dark Elves (NE)

Neutrality from the Left
Halflings (LN)
Half-Elves (N)
Half-Orcs (CN)

On the Side of Good
Warforged (LG)
And here I need stuff

There are also the planetouched races (Aasimar, Tiefling, Chaond, and the one that starts with a Z that I can never spell) and the Genasi. And, of course, Humans.

What am I looking for? Two races with a LA of no more than +2 to occupy the vacant NG and CG spots on my racial tableau. I was thinking Centaurs w/o the racial HD and trappings that go with that for CG, but I could use some opinions. Thanks.

pestilenceawaits
2006-12-12, 03:53 PM
if you are not sticking with the listed alignments in the books how about Dromites, lizardmen (don't remember the LA of the top of my head), or the synad from the complete psionic.

Balesirion
2006-12-12, 07:01 PM
The lawful planetouched are called Zenythri. Don't ask me how it's pronounced.

You could always go for raptorans or illumians, those are interesting.

icke
2006-12-13, 10:19 AM
Asimaars are fine for any good. Why not make Wild Elves chaotic good? You could also twist the Githzerai into being NG. My favorites would be the Troglodytes, though, since I'm very fond of the poor wretches. :smallamused:

Torger
2006-12-13, 11:20 AM
As you can see, Aasimars are already on my list, and the fluff of the world has Wood Elves as N. Trogs and Lizardfolk don't really do it for me, but thanks, anyway.