PDA

View Full Version : Aptitude Weapon, Crossbow, Manyshot?

Cozod
2013-07-27, 11:33 AM
Since Manyshot doesn't explicitly stat "when using a bow", rather "you may fire two arrows", would you be able to use manyshot with a crossbow that has the aptitude enchantment?

edit: if it does work, would i need rapid reload, or some other way for free action reloading?

awa
2013-07-27, 11:39 AM
crossbows don't shoot arrows they shoot bolts

although It might still work i've never read the exact wording of the feat

Cozod
2013-07-27, 12:52 PM
I guess any solution to getting all my attacks with a crossbow and having skirmish works too. I was seeing the character as a guy running around with an assault rifle, combat rolling just because he thinks it makes him look cooler. And slap a wand of fireball on the crossbow to be an underslung grenade launcher.

DogbertLinc
2013-07-27, 01:01 PM
Yes, that does work.

Also, for theoretical sense only, you could probably shoot any aptitude weapon with Manyshot, I'm just not sure if it would hit a size or non-proficiency wall.

awa
2013-07-27, 01:13 PM
note skirmish will only apply to one many-shot arrow not all of them

Twilightwyrm
2013-07-27, 01:23 PM
If you are wanting to get all your attacks per round, why not use a repeating crossbow? I mean, yeah you have to expend a feat to get it, but you have to expend multiple feats normally for crossbow fighting anyways. Hell, it actually makes a little more sense for Manyshotting with an Aptitude Repeating crossbow, considering you actually have a "magazine" or sorts.
Either way, I would suggest taking Rapid reload as well, if only so you use less actions to reload.

Cozod
2013-07-27, 01:40 PM
note skirmish will only apply to one many-shot arrow not all of them

AFB (at work), greater manyshot would work though, right?

Cozod
2013-07-27, 01:55 PM
If you are wanting to get all your attacks per round, why not use a repeating crossbow? I mean, yeah you have to expend a feat to get it, but you have to expend multiple feats normally for crossbow fighting anyways. Hell, it actually makes a little more sense for Manyshotting with an Aptitude Repeating crossbow, considering you actually have a "magazine" or sorts.
Either way, I would suggest taking Rapid reload as well, if only so you use less actions to reload.

Sorry for the double post, couldn't find out how to edit in a second quote.

That makes more sense mechanically and thematically. Thanks for the suggestion.