PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Gestalt Cleric-Fighter build help

EvilPig
2013-07-27, 12:59 PM
Hello,

I would like to play this gestalt combo or something really similari in the idea (like old divine metamagic cleric 3.5)
So i would like a heavy hitter with nice magic impact. I would mantain cleric like main classe for many purpose.

Also i need to know stata weight for the build.

Thanks a lot for any info i can recieve.

EvilPig
2013-07-28, 04:16 AM
Noone know how to help about this?
Is a strange build maybe?

Squirrel_Dude
2013-07-28, 04:37 AM
Hello,

I would like to play this gestalt combo or something really similar to the idea (like the old divine metamagic cleric in 3.5).

I would like a heavy hitter with a way to impact the game with magic, too. I want to maintain cleric as the main class for most purposes.

I need to know the stat weight for the build.

Thanks a lot for any info I can receive.Okay, so my first question is:

Is this gestalt or a multiclassed build? Those aren't the same thing. Gestalt is taking 20 levels of two classes at the same time, gaining the benefits of both at each level. You would not have to worry about cleric being the main class, as you would have 20 levels in each class.

As I see it: You have two options:
- Cleric and Ranger/Fighter
- Oracle and Paladin, to take advantage of the Cha synergy if you are okay with being lawful good.

As for stat weight. If you want to be a combatant, then you'll want to max out strength or dex, and have your key casting stat be the second largest stat you have, followed by con.

- Cleric and X: Str or Dex, Wis, Con, Cha, Int, Dex or Str
- Oracle and Paladin: Str or Dex, Cha, Con, Int, Dex or Str Wis.

If you're talking about multiclassing, then the best way I can think to do it is to take a couple (never more than 4) levels of Paladin and the rest as levels of Oracle.

EvilPig
2013-07-28, 06:01 AM
Its gestalt not multiclass.

What talents can be a good choose? Two hand weapons? Or shield and one hand?

What are best spells i can use by level?

Chained Birds
2013-07-28, 10:34 AM
Its gestalt not multiclass.

What talents can be a good choose? Two hand weapons? Or shield and one hand?

What are best spells i can use by level?

What level are you playing at? And what classes will you be using for it as described by Squirrel_Dude in the last post?

Cleric + Martial Class (Ranger/Fighter/Paladin/etc.)
Oracle + Paladin or Antipaladin

We need more information in order to help you out...

EvilPig
2013-07-28, 01:05 PM
We are starting al lvl 1

I prefere variant 1. (Cleric + any martial class)
But a oracle / anti paladin (we will be evil) sound cool as well.

Bethrezen
2013-07-28, 03:31 PM
You could always go Barbarian/Cleric. Buff yourself six ways from sunday, pop your rage and run into the fray like a fanatical zealot screaming things like "Blood for the Blood God!". Not sure you'd call that optimal, but definately sounds entertaining.

Anywho, what level of optimization is your DM aiming for? What are your other party members rolling up as? Like others have said, more information would help.

EvilPig
2013-07-29, 01:27 AM
We have a mage/alchemist and a rogue/ranger.

Thats why we need a cleric/martial char. Maybe tanky or big dps, it doesnt count a lot.

Ours GM dont allow any multiclass levelling. Just two classes we take at begin

Squirrel_Dude
2013-07-29, 01:47 AM
Oracle/AntiPaladin is probably the best way to go, then. Just don't abuse Paragon surge.

EvilPig
2013-07-29, 04:35 AM
Can u be a little bit more accurate about talents you will get and how to build antipaladin/oracle ?

Weapons? I guess will be a heavy 2 hand, maybe a greatsword?

Spells?

Squirrel_Dude
2013-07-29, 10:26 AM
It's however you want to play your tank. You'll be plenty strong with that chassis. Obviously two handed is probably better than sword and board, but archery won't be a bad option either.

As for spells, Oracles use the Cleric Spell list. Use the same spells as you would if you played a cleric. I'd recommend being human for the favored clas bonus, though