PDA

View Full Version : Buffing(3.5)

sambouchah
2013-07-27, 04:29 PM
After losing my fighter to a disagreement with a psychic warrior I decided to play a Cleric. I know Divine Metamagic/Persist spell is a good way to go but I don't know what Buffing spells to use. So what are the best buffs to ue on my party and what are good debuffs to use against foes?

Thanks in advance, Sam

Edit: I get to start at level six

Feilith
2013-07-27, 04:32 PM
Well divine favor for AB, shield of faith for AC are good starts from core. Ethereal jaunt and True seeing arent bad either. Just remeber persistant spell requires the target to be listed aspersonal.

sambouchah
2013-07-27, 04:40 PM
Well divine favor for AB, shield of faith for AC are good starts from core. Ethereal jaunt and True seeing arent bad either. Just remeber persistant spell requires the target to be listed aspersonal.

Oh it does:smallfrown: What are some other tricks to learn then? Ha Ha

TuggyNE
2013-07-27, 05:31 PM

Personal or fixed range. This is why persisting vigorous circle works. (Incidentally, that's something you should probably persist as soon as you can.)

Urpriest
2013-07-27, 05:35 PM
Personal or fixed range. This is why persisting vigorous circle works. (Incidentally, that's something you should probably persist as soon as you can.)

That or Mass Lesser Vigor, which is essentially the same spell.

Ice Axe is great for melee, since it lets you make touch attacks. Righteous Wrath of the Faithful is a nice party buff, though it feels a bit like a weak Haste.

erikun
2013-07-27, 05:53 PM
At 6th level?

Divine Favor (Clr 1) gives you +2 to hit and +2 damage. Bull Strength (Clr 2) gives you +4 to STR, which translates into +2 to hit and +2/+3 damage.

On the defensive side, Shield of Faith (Clr 1) now gives +3 AC. Protection from Evil (Clr 1) gives +2 to AC/Saves from evil creatures, along with other bonuses - not being physically hit by summoned creatures is nice. The Vigor line of spells basically grant fast healing for the entire day.

Other nice situational spells include Undetectable Alignment , Water Walk/Breathing, and Comprehend Languages.

[EDIT]
You're really going to like next level. Divine Power for +5 to hit and +3 damage, Magic Weapon will soon be turning useful, all-day Air Walk, all-day Freedom of Movement, or all-day Spell Immunity if there are one or two spells you want to completely avoid.