PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Builds Calvin and Hobbes

Invader
2013-07-27, 07:31 PM
Usually I'm not a fan of build this character threads but if you were making Calvin and Hobbes how would you do it.

CyberThread
2013-07-27, 07:41 PM
druid + a bunch of spells and feats towards making hobbs super power.

Larkas
2013-07-27, 07:54 PM
Probably a Sorcerer with Animate Object.

Randomocity132
2013-07-27, 08:03 PM
A ranger, obviously, with a pet tiger, and if your campaign allows it, a focus on guns, for a spaceman spiff vibe.

Phelix-Mu
2013-07-27, 08:19 PM
Semi-delusional sorcerer who focuses on illusions/enchantment. He thinks his stuffed tiger is real, and the power of his belief has developed a custom spell, some kind of personal phantasm that can attack the minds of those around him. Maybe even have the "tiger" evolve into some kind of living spell at some point...need a mechanic, though.

Hmm, could be interesting build to develop, though. Might substitute some kind of alienist levels, reflavored into a creature from Dal'Quor, representing a manifestation of the sorcerer's persistent delusion that his tiger is real.

Yes, this is a good concept. Hehehe.:smallsmile:

EDIT: He should have a talking raven familiar called "Sally" that prattles on endlessly and thinks Calvin is nuts.

Waker
2013-07-27, 08:19 PM
Since the obvious choices were taken, I'll say Shaper with an Astral Construct.
"I don't believe my Tiger is real. I know it."

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-27, 08:25 PM
Wilder (Wild surge=temper tantrum) with Control Object. Schism for the "Tiger's" mind (because really, Hobbes is a fragment of Calvin's imagination). Also, Macrocosm for hilarity.

Educated Wilder ACF because of the dreaded School.

Verditude
2013-07-27, 08:50 PM
Calvin: Human Wildshape Ranger 5/Master of Many Forms 10/maybe Master of Masks 5, using a master of masks variant with Spiff, Tracer Bullet, and Stupendous Man masks/hats. This gets you Gargantuan dino forms and different abilities based on the masks. Perhaps a class feature of the Master of Masks variant would allow turning a cardboard box into a trap of Polymorph Any Object, Simulacrum, or Teleport Through Time, depending of how it is oriented.

Hobbes: former animal companion, now Awakened.

7thW1ckedness
2013-07-27, 08:54 PM
Halfling and animated cloth golem tiger.

HalfQuart
2013-07-28, 01:33 PM
I was thinking Calvin would be some sort of Artificer.. he's always making stuff (transmogrifier, cerebral enhance-o-tron, duplicator, etc.).

Hamste
2013-07-28, 02:09 PM
I always think of Hobbes as a high level Sorcerer/Transmorgifist. He is always in tiger form because he likes it. Calvin is a low level rogue who Hobbes just likes to mess with. Every so often Hobbes enchants Calvin to think he has been turned into something else or that he is sent back in time, makes it so only Calvin sees him as a tiger (everyone else sees him as a plush toy) and tries to educate him through obscure and weird ways.

DMVerdandi
2013-07-28, 02:10 PM
Hobbes, Awakened Tiger Telepath 10/Thrallherd 5

Yes, That's right. Hobbes is the Thrallherd, and Calvin is the thrall (level 14 cleric of mind and trickery)

The townspeople are his followers, and are convinced that he is a stuffed animal, rather than seeing his true form, as a real, and very dangerous tiger. Only calvin can see that, because only calvin IS ALLOWED.

JusticeZero
2013-07-28, 02:43 PM
Nightmare Constructor Dread. Hobbes is the eidolon that Calvin unwittingly summons from the horrors of his abused and tortured mind to protect himself from the horrible truths of his past.

Segev
2013-07-28, 04:56 PM
http://onceuponageek.com/images/hobbes_pooh.jpg
Clearly, it's more a proper build for Changeling: the Dreaming.

Slipperychicken
2013-07-29, 08:44 AM
Needs ranks in Perform (Comedy) and Ride.

Definitely thinking a gun of Polymorph to represent his transmogrifier. Especially so he can turn into a dinosaur and pilot military aircraft.

I could see Hobbes as an Item Familiar stuffed tiger. Obviously, one of his main motivations as an intelligent item is tuna. His Ego score is pretty good.

Calvin could have the city-slicker flaw (the one that penalizes Knowledge: Nature and Survival checks) to represent how much he hates camping.

Some way to build aircraft, like being an Artificer. Or he just builds aircraft really poorly.

He hates camping and definitely doesn't revere nature, so Druid is right out.