PDA

View Full Version : Dragondoom [FR PF] - IC Thread

Pages : [1] 2

LittleCarp04
2013-07-27, 08:34 PM
The old man motions everyone to the nearby table and takes a moment to look at the odd looking group. Among them is a man with a large bow strapped to his back, a rather stocky elf with two swords, a man who had an elvish look to him, a handsome man with his hair tied back and smiling, a creature of hellish appearance, smelling of brimestone and grease, and a heavily armored man with a golden sheen to his skin. An odd group for sure to be in such an establishment as the Frosty Witch

"Sarmith is my name, I see you have interest in my offer. I can give any who return successfully an incredible sum of gold. 15 thousand gold pieces each," as he says that he drops a rather large bag on the table that is obviously heavy and falls with the great clinking sound that only gold can reproduce. "Now I'm sure you want to know what I would be willing to spend this money on. What I seek is said to be found on the Glacier of the White Worm. It is an orb about 2 foot in diameter, it is white with a blue tinge in the center. Why I need this is not of so much importance to you as the why I am hiring you."

"It is simple, the glacier can be deadly. I am not exactly in my prime anymore and thus I need to make use of brave adventurers and am willing to pay this gold to each of you whom makes the journey and returns. But beware it is said that great worms of incredible power call the glacier home, and word is that there is a great white dragon who lairs there, but I have seen neither with my own eyes so you may want to ask around town to see who may have more information for you. Return with the orb and collect your prize to enjoy as you see fit. Do you have any other questions?" He asks as he looks at each of you in turn.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-27, 11:25 PM
Brand fingers his drink as the man, Sarmith, speaks his piece. He knew why he was here, and it wasn't for some orb: he was here to find out if there really was a white dragon on that glacier, and to end it if there were. And if it were really a white dragon, then Alter wouldn't give him grief for it...especially if it were The White. He clenches his teeth at the very thought of that vermin, but puts it out of his mind.

How long has this "White Worm" been lairing on this Glacier? he asks the man. He pulls out a thin sprig from a pouch and places it between his teeth, gnashing it idly.

razorback
2013-07-28, 08:16 AM
As Kadul sits back and listens it is obvious to anyone watching that the gold doesn't play much into what this young man is looking into, even if he does light up a bit at the prospect of so much income. When the man mentions the Orb, he looks crestfallen for a moment before perking back up with a shrug of his shoulders as he sits forward.
"Aye, Sarmith, I do have one that comes to mind. Anything found besides this orb would be ours, not yours, correct?" he says just after the brawny human to his right finishes speaking, although Kadul cannot tell if the man is annoyed by the fact that he didn't wait for Sarmith to answer the man's question before asking his own.
"Fifteen thousand is quite the handsome sum, without a doubt, but if there is a dragon, especially a great white dragon, then that amount seems less attract if we do not get to keep the loot. If the orb is your business, so be it, but I want to be clear on other aspects."
Sitting back with an ever present smile on his face, Kadul looks around at the others gathered as he sees what kind of input the others try to garner, using it to gauge each's usefulness.

Beowulf DW
2013-07-28, 09:17 AM
Alter folds his arms, sits back and let's Brand do the talking. The gold and any loot, while enticing, are not the reason they are here. This business with a white dragon, though...One less chromatic dragon in the world meant one less catastrophe waiting to happen. And on the subject of catastrophes, this orb was likely worth looking into.

PowerGamer
2013-07-28, 10:26 AM
Azrael sat with the others. He had a cloth layed out infront of him and he was tinkering as he does in his spare time. It helped him to focus and relax. He took a sip from his watered down wine (from experience getting drunk was a very very bad idea). Putting down the drink he goes back to tinkering. When the money bag hit the table he looked up at it ... Oh the machines I could build with that... "Just to get some things straight here... I'm here for money and to study that dragon, dead or alive. I'm too weak to do it alone, but I can be very valuable to you lads.

Athaleon
2013-07-28, 01:40 PM
The elvish-looking man in drab attire sat sipping his wine thoughtfully. Most of the questions he wanted to ask were being asked. After a moment he chimed in, "You wouldn't happen to know the name of this Great White Dragon?"

Ralasha
2013-07-28, 11:06 PM
"I may not be of any significant intellectual leanings... yet I cannot help but to ponder the nature of this orb. Orbs tend to feature prevalently in myths and legends..." She squinty suspicious glares. "I'll go, but I don't trust you."

LittleCarp04
2013-07-28, 11:51 PM
Sarmith smiles at everyone at the table, "Barmaid, another round for my new friends here", He looks around them and answers their questions in turn, "The Worms have been on the glacier for decades, there are many of them there, and reports of a massive worm larger than any seen before has been spreading about recently.

Of course anything else you find is yours to keep, if there is a dragon there, I would think there would also be treasure, and anything but the orb you find would be between you all. My interest is only the orb," he says with a slight smile.

"The Wyrm who is said to lair on the glacier is Bestlaranathion, the White Death. He hasn't been there long, people say he only arrived last year, after all the rages ended. Maybe he was running from something, or just looking for new hunting grounds, but it seems he enjoys his solitude on the Glacier, well except for the Worms that tunnel through there.," Sarmith takes a pause to accept his drink from the barmaid, takes a long draw and continues.

"Elf, I don't need trust, I only need your acceptance of my offer. Travel up the glacier, retrieve the orb and as much of whatever else may be that you can carry, and return the orb to me. This journey will not be easy, but I have faith that you who are brave, or foolish," he says looking at Onirienla, " enough to come here, will be able to accomplish this task."

AzraelYour knowledge of Arcana and magical objects brings to memory mention of similar orbs which can grant powers over dragons, you recall mention that there are 10 orbs, one for each primary chromatic and metallic dragon, and that if all ten are collected, powerful magics may be completed. The orbs were called Orbs of Dragonkind, and were created eons ago by a powerful elf named Arathinael.

Ralasha
2013-07-28, 11:55 PM
She smiles at him in a predatory manner. "Fools, most often, are unaware they are walking into a trap. I am quite well aware that I most likely am. Insulting me does not make me more inclined to return it to you than to attempt it's destruction, or at least, to be certain you cannot obtain it by any means at my disposal, after all, even without your paltry payment, I will most likely be coming back down with more money than is in that bag."

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-29, 12:52 AM
Brand feels a shiver run down his spine at the sound of the dragon's title. Finally, he thinks victoriously as he grinds the sprig even further. Now Alter definitely won't give me grief over this. It's been a long time coming, but I'm here for you, you bastard.

He swallows the sprig of mint and downs the drink the barmaid had set down. Ah, what of traps? We'll get through them, and when we do, I'll stand on that dragon's scaly corpse and spit in its lifeless eye.

With that he gets up, unable to contain his excitement. Don't get up on my account, he says, though when he looks at Alter his eyes flit to Sarmith and then back, as if to say, Get as much info as you can.

I'll be out with Braun, checking my things and maybe asking around about the Glacier. What's say we meet at the town gate in a few hours?

Ralasha
2013-07-29, 12:56 AM
"I shall endeavor to locate the local cartographer, assuming such exists in this town. Perhaps the shop will have a map of what is known of the mountain, with which we might find easier trails."

With that, Ori imperiously strides from the room... to the bar, at which she asks after the local cartographers.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-29, 01:06 AM
I'll assume that's a "yes" to the town gate, Brand says, shrugging. He then walks from the room and out of the bar, into the sunlight. He finds Braun, his loyal horse, and begins to check his saddlebags.

After a few minutes, he settles a strap into place and looks up. Looking around, he spots a passerby and asks, Excuse me, do you know anything about the Glacier? Or anyone who knows anything about the Glacier?

razorback
2013-07-29, 07:13 AM
As Kadul sits back and listens to Sarmith and the others speak back and forth, he thinks about what he remembers for a moment, trying to recall anything on the Dragon Orbs or this dragon called White Death.

Kn:Arcana on the Dragon Orbs
[roll0]
Kn:History on Bestlaranathion
[roll1]
Kn:Local on Sarmith
[roll2]

As the others start to break company, he says to no one in particular "I suppose some cold weather gear is in order." with a sigh as he watches Sarmith.

Beowulf DW
2013-07-29, 07:54 AM
Alter watches Brand leave, somewhat worried at what his friend might do or dare in the pursuit of his revenge. He leans forward and addresses Sarmith.

"If it's not too rude, may I ask what you plan to do with this orb once you have it?

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana to corroborate what he tells Alter with anything Alter might know about the orb: [roll1]

LittleCarp04
2013-07-29, 11:51 PM
The barkeep looks up at Ori when she walks up to the counter inquiring of a map maker. "Aye, Gunthar is your man, he has been up and down the glacier plenty of times, knows all the safe spots, if they can be called that at all. He should have a new map, I heard he made a new one for Laurin before his last trip days ago." He says as hes wiping a glass, glancing around the room for other patrons needing help.

Outside when Brand stops a passerby, inquiring about the glacier also, "The glacier? Deadly place that is. Most folk are avoiding it these days, but word is Laurin, the crazy old guide went up about a week back or so. He barely made it back I heard, that trip cost him his leg. I would talk to him if you're thinking of going up there."

To Kadul's comment on cold weather gear, Sarmith comments, "Girvas, the barkeep has a nice supply on hand, and anything you need from him will be added to my tab here. I've also taken the liberty of paying for you all to have rooms as long as you like here, so you can rest before beginning or upon finishing your journey."

To Alter, Sarmith replies, My intent is to confirm that the orb is the one I have been seeking. I am only going on a few tips and rumors, all the mages I have hired have not been able to find out anything about the orbs location, and I have been tracking it for nearly a year."

Glancing around, ensuring that others aren't paying direct attention to those still at the table, There is a group after the orb as well who plan to use it in some sort of devious ritual. I intend to safeguard the orb, and ensure it remains safe with those who can protect it."

Kadul

Knowledge Arcana on Dragon Orbs:
The Orbs were created long ago by an elven archmage named Arathinael who did not believe the recently destroyed Dracorage Mythal would be sucessful in combatting the Dragons who ruled in his time. There are 10 orbs, one for each chromatic and metallic dragon type. The orbs are said to confer powerful abilities to any who hold them, and may grant some power over dragons.

Knowledge History for Bestlaranathion:
Bestlaranathion used to lair in the High Ice above Anauroch, but during the Rages that were so erratic last year, found his lair destroyed and relocated to the glacier which he thought of as prime hunting ground. Bestlaranathion has been known to travel thoughout the year and attack small villages and target she thinks will be easy, but usually returns to his lair.

Knowledge Local for Sarmith:
He arrived recently, less than two ten days ago, and recently hired Laurin, an old ranger and guide, someone widely known as able to travel the glacier and deal with its unfriendly inhabitants. He made Laurin the same offer, return with the orb for a large sum of gold, but after he was unable, realized a stronger party would be needed.

The Orbs were created long ago by an elven archmage named Arathinael who did not believe the recently destroyed Dracorage Mythal would be sucessful in combatting the Dragons who ruled in his time. There are 10 orbs, one for each chromatic and metallic dragon type. The orbs are said to confer powerful abilities to any who hold them, and may grant some power over dragons.

Your knowledge Arcana confirms what little Sarmith is mentioning about the orb. It is definately a powerful object that any number of people would attempt to use for their own gains.

Ralasha
2013-07-29, 11:56 PM
She smiles at him in a smoky manner. "Very well, and where might I ask can I find this... Gunthar, from which I might purchase such a formidable piece of cartography?" She leans forward on the bar, with crossed arms, and leans down over them, attempting to bring about a specific visual effect. "Hmmm?"

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-29, 11:59 PM
Brand nods at the passerby as they point him in the direction he should go. Giving Braun one last pat on the neck, he heads off in search of this Laurin fellow.

Finally finding him, Brand says, I hear talk that you went up to the Glacier not so long ago. Tell me everything you can about it, and I'll give you a little something to ease your time. He takes out a gold piece, flitting it between his fingers enticingly.

razorback
2013-07-30, 07:07 AM
"Fantastic, man. I will inquire with him. Some tips from your man, Laurin, would seem to be in order." Kadul says to Sarmith, seeing if he catches the man off balance by mentioning the ranger. "In the mean time, I believe I have everything else I need. Until I can mee with Laurin, I believe a warm meal is in order after my travels here, then a bath. Maybe I can gain a companion for that..." he says as he looks around the room at any female guests that might catch his eye. Seeing the waitress, he waves her over. "Give me whatever is good and warm, please, miss. Also, if you could have a room made ready and a warm bath drawn, I would be eternally in your debt." he says, giving her a sly smile at the end.

Beowulf DW
2013-07-30, 07:39 AM
Alter thanks his host and heads outside to find Brand, since it seems that they might not be leaving immediately.

So, what was the result of my knowledge arcana check earlier?

PowerGamer
2013-07-30, 08:28 AM
After the deal is done, Azrael continues to tinker ignoring the the world. He already had everything he could thing of needed to survive the trip. Though if anyone were to suggest he should get up and be productive, he would reluctantly oblige.

Athaleon
2013-07-30, 07:50 PM
"Bestlaranathion... I think I may know someone with a keen interest in seeing the beast dead. I'll accept your deal and your terms." Nirallus finally nodded. "For now, I think I'll have another drink and, ah, maybe help to track down our guide?"

LittleCarp04
2013-07-30, 10:59 PM
The barkeep takes his time to wipe down the glass and appreciate the view offered to him, "Aye, easy enough, he is a short walk west of here, next to the smith's shop. Beware though he is a grouch these days and may need convincing to sell you a map."

Sarmith's mouth twitches slightly at the mention of Laurin, So I see you are adept at gathering information. that will be useful to you all I'm sure. Feel free to visit him, he stays in a house, if it can be called that a short walk away. He should be able to help you with information if that is what you're after."

The next day...

The group approached where Sarmith said they could find Laurin’s house, and it was clear which shack it was, the “house” was rather rundown and was in sore need of repair. As the group approached the door to announce their arrival, it swings open and a disheveled man was pointing a large crossbow straight at Kadul, “Who in the hells are ye’? I didn’t ask nobody to come here today! Get the hell out of here before I lay you down!” As he is yelling its clear he is either manic or drunk, or possibly both. The smell of refuse and alcohol is wafting from the house and you immediately take a small step back. After a tense moment, Laurin recognizes that you haven't attacked him and says, “What are you doin’ here? It ain’t safe here! Get in to the back of the house, quickly now!” He lowers the crossbow and begins to wave you all into the home, leading you to the back. As you step through the door, you all notice a man standing across the way leaning casually against an abandoned house, with his hand on the hilt of his sword as if waiting patiently. He is keeping a careful watch on the house.

After you are all in the back of the house, surprisingly free of the stench that seemed to be permeating the front Laurin shuffles around the room, you notice he has a wooden peg in place of the lower left leg he lost, looking out the windows before finally sitting down and looking at you squarely, “You shouldn’t be here, its not safe right now, ever since I took the job on the glacier.” As he says that he notices a few of you look to one another, and continues, “Is that why you are here, to ask me about the glacier? Fine then, its quite a tale to tell, so let me start. About two ten-days ago an old man, Sarmith was his name, was looking for someone to head onto the glacier in search of some magical trinket he thought may be stored there. He said it was a rather easy job that anyone with my rather considerable talent should have been able to do simply. Of course everyone knows that the glacier is a dangerous place, what with the Worms and the White Death and all. But I wasn’t too concerned, it seemed as of late the dragon had been less active and the worms don't frighten me.

Everything was fine for the first few days of the journey, I was able to avoid the goblins and frost giants. I was on the glacier approaching the cave where he said the orb could be found, went in and traveled down a long tunnel in the back, I was quickly realizing that I wasn’t prepared for the intense cold. It was worse than anything I had ever experience, it had to be the dragons lair. But a jobs a job and I would see it through. After going down a few hundred feet I found a large opening and on top of a pile of gold was the orb. It was beautiful, about 2 feet around, the most pure white, with some sort of blue mist swirling within. I knew this is what he wanted, and I knew that the gold he had promised me would be mine. Of course I was sorely tempted to take as much as I could carry, but at this point it was just about getting out of there alive.” He gets up and looks back out the windows again and then looks around at all of you nervously, he paces as he continues.

“I had the orb and was traveling back up the tunnel to leave, I heard the rumbles that I knew could only be cause by the burrowing worms, but never saw one thank the gods. As I was at the first cave again I felt it, the dragon was coming, I’m not sure how I knew but I never would have wanted to see it up close I’ll tell you! He must have had some sort of alert or magical alarm to inform him when someone entered that cave, because he KNEW I was there. I started shooting my bow but it was nearly useless. Nothing was getting through his scales. He took in a deep breath and I knew my life was at that point forfeit. A strong jet of what appeared to be frozen air billowed toward me and I had nowhere to go. It washed over me and I knew I would be frozen in place, as some sort of statue to warn off others.

But nothing happened, the cold air flowed over me but did not hurt me in the least. I took that moment of surprise for the dragon to make a run for it, he quickly got over the shock of his attack being negated and swiped at me, deeply cutting my leg and tearing the orb from my pack. I fell over the edge of the cave mouth and tumbled down quite a ways, leaving a red streak on the ice. Surprisingly the dragon did not follow me out and I did not see him again, I was nearly running down the glacier at this point, paying no attention to where I stepped and my leg got caught in a crevasse.” He is breathing heavily at this point and his hands are slightly shaking.

“I panicked, didn’t know what do to so I chopped at the ice for a time, but I could feel myself getting weaker by the minute, I was only a few hundred feet up at this point and I knew if I could get lower I might have a chance. So I took my leg off. It was rough work with my old blade, but it had to be done. I continued down the mountain as I could until I blacked out, I woke later at a nearby temple, they said that a local boy had brought me down the rest of the way, but wasn’t sure on the details, but that isn't important anymore.

Since I had came down and been back home, there have been these men around, always watching me. I told Sarmith I was unable to retrieve it and that the orb was there, he seemed satisfied with the answer and paid for my wounds to be tended and fixed up my leg best they could. There have been notes posted on my door threatening me if I don’t turn over the orb. I fear how much time I have left. So you see, you have to turn down this job and just leave. Its not safe to be here and you may already know too much, tell no one of what you have heard today and hope you can escape this madness I find myself in." He slumps back into his chair, visibly shaken at reliving the experience.

Ralasha
2013-07-30, 11:04 PM
She smiles roguishly, and presses down a bit more to improve his view for a moment before standing up and tossing a silver onto the bar for 'the information' with a wink, and heads out to find the shop.

Beowulf DW
2013-07-30, 11:22 PM
Alter stands, takes a long breath, and says, "Sir, these men that have been threatening you, is that one of them out there?" pointing out the window to the especially vigilant man they saw outside.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-30, 11:37 PM
Brand shakes his head at the end of the man's tale. I appreciate the info, Laurin, but you're not us, he said. We'll use this information, bring some cold weather gear. You didn't even use Endure Elements to help with that; I'll be sure we've got that covered. Alter here has got some nasty things for a frost dragon, and we're a nasty team. We'll take that bastard down, and avenge your leg to boot. So just stay here, and we'll be back in a week tops.

He is not normally this talkative, but the man's story had only served to rile him up more. He stood back up and flipped the gold he had offered before. He stands by Alter as his friend asks about the man across the way.

LittleCarp04
2013-07-30, 11:43 PM
Ori travels down past a few other shops and inns and finally spots Gunthar's Map Shop sign and heads inside, the walls are covered in parchment and maps of every type. With a casual glance you spot documents with Dwarven, Elven, and common written on them.

A gruff man is sitting behind a desk sweatily working on a map, he looks up as you enter, takes note of your appearance, and smiles slightly.

Well hello there madam, welcome to my shop, I am Gunthar, no doubt the very skilled man you came here to meet. I can I help you today?

Ralasha
2013-07-30, 11:50 PM
She assumes an airheaded persona, and speech pattern. She smiles a little wider than is perhaps advisable, "That depends, what are you skilled at?" She giggles vacantly, "My name is Onirienla. I have a mountain that needs climbing, and need a map to help me get there... I've been told you make the best maps around... and I've traveled a long way to get here." (Though not necessarily intentionally, or even to this specific shop, but she won't mention that.)

She smiles flirtatiously. Silly humans, they jump at simple bait. "I was hoping that... perhaps... you could assist me?" She ***** her head slightly to the side, keeping her eyes slightly widened to assist in the appearance of a brainless beauty.

((tilts her head then... stupid censor.))

razorback
2013-07-31, 07:38 AM
Nodding agreement with Alter, Kadul pipes in "How many of these men? Do you suspect they work for Sarmith or some other group that seeks the orb?" Kadul looks troubled for the man, who, while still dangerous with his crossbow, could easily be taken in a rush in his current state.
Once he answers Kadul asks "How large was this dragon? And, any other advice you can offer if we take a trip up there?"

PowerGamer
2013-07-31, 09:14 AM
During Laurin's story, Azrael couldn't keep his hands still and was fiddling with his Traveler's Any-Tool. The story intrigued his adventurous side, but he was still confident that he and his new allies could do this. "These men, they don't bother me and it they get in the way of me research, well... Let's just say we have a dragon of our own that'll handle them. And for the dragon, could you tell me some more about it? I worried that mine may need some more parts so that it may rival it's glory.

Athaleon
2013-07-31, 11:12 PM
Nirallus listens to the old man's story with genuine wonder. With no magic and no allies, it took supreme bravery and skill to have come even as close as he did, let alone survived. Even if it was as foolish as all hell. Not for the first time, he wondered why men without benefit of magic undertook anything dangerous at all.

"We can handle whoever these guys are, and our visit might actually serve to draw suspicion away from you. In any case, we've already taken the job, so we might as well learn anything you can tell us."

LittleCarp04
2013-08-01, 09:56 PM
Laurin is still shuffling around the room, and he nervously glances out his window to where the man is still standing, and he seems worried at what may happen in the near future, "Him, standing there waiting for who knows what. He has never been the one to threaten, but he has been there since the day I returned from the glacier. I don't know how many men are with them but there have been alot of new faces around that don't seem so friendly.

About the dragon, his wingspan looked to be near 30 ft, his body filled the cavern it had to be close to 60 ft long overall. He was huge, definately the largest dragon I have ever seen with my one eyes, and I have seen a few in my life. Its head was over 20 ft from the ground as it was standing. It was a terrifying sight to behold.

As to the orb, like I mentioned it was pure white, and protected me from the dragons deadly frozen breath, but not from his teeth or claws. I wish I had stayed clear of it now, not only cost me my leg, but seems as though it may cost me much more.

Ok you all must leave now, when you leave make it seem as though you are upset and I will yell a bit, we don't want them to think you are on friendly terms with me, do what you can about these thugs but please don't go for the Orb, only ill can come of it!"

He goes to the front of the shack and checks the window, seeing if the coast is clear, and then comes back into the room and checks the side window one further time,"Ok the coast seems cl-" *CRASH* The sound of glass breaking is only slightly muffled by the dull thump you hear from Laurin and the sound his body makes when it slaps the floor limply. At the sound, everyone turns toward the window when a small orange bead, no larger than a grape flies in through the broken window explodes with enough force to throw everyone to the ground burning and turn the shack into tinder.

Everyone roll Reflex saves. Damage for Fireball [roll0]

Meanwhile at Gunthar's shop...

"I would be pleased to help you lass, but the map you are asking about was damaged by Laurin when I let him use it, horrible choice that was... The detail of the glacier is still accurate, but the path up was bloodied and may not be a safe guide, but you can certainly purchase it. A map of my quality usually fetches 60 gold, but because it is damaged, I will give you a deal, 50 gold and its yours." He says with a smile and no longer looks anywhere but your eyes, steady, and waiting for your response. When suddenly you hear a blast off in the distance, and Guntar says, "Ugh, those damn mages again, I swear by Tymora, never trust a mage. I hope no one was injured in that blast, sounded like it came from over in the slums." He looks out his shop door, "Hmm seems close to Laurin's place, hope hes ok. Ahh well where were we? Did you want the map, Miss?"

Ralasha
2013-08-01, 10:56 PM
She pouts playfully, which she can't hold and turns into a smile. "Any idea how long it might take to repair?" Laughter can definitely be seen in her eyes at this point. "I think I honestly like you. Truthfully, you're probably the first male I haven't been able to fool with that whole sordid 'I'm brainless' act." She chuckles. "I'll do it for 80 if you can repair it faithfully."

Beowulf DW
2013-08-02, 12:08 AM
Reflex: [roll0]
Fire resistance: 5

Alter gives a "here we go again" look to Brand. Some fool had just signed his own death warrant.

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-02, 12:16 AM
Brand briskly nods at Alter's look. You should probably give Laurin a once-over first, he says, hurrying through the wreckage to the door. He kicks it down as he says, Those bastards are gonna wish they never saw us!

Initiative: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Beowulf DW
2013-08-02, 12:26 AM
"Try not to hog them all," says Alter half-jokingly. He tries to make his way to Laurin as best he can.

Initiative: [roll0]

If Laurin is still alive: Lay on Hands: [roll1]

If Laurin is not alive: Alter will follow Brand out the door and into the fight.

Athaleon
2013-08-02, 12:31 AM
Grinding his teeth through the pain, Nirallus focuses his will and completes a quick ritual to summon his great ally. It wouldn't last long, not as long as the proper rites, but it would have to do for now. "To me, Eidolon" he grunts. "I have need of you."

When his turn comes, unless something happens to interrupt him, Nirallus will cast Summon Eidolon (which has a full-round cast time)

PowerGamer
2013-08-02, 09:00 AM
Azrael ducks and covers when the bead explodes. He stands up not having been harmed to badly. He takes out his crossbow and kneels at the window to shoot the assailant.

Init:[roll0]

Perception:[roll1]

LittleCarp04
2013-08-03, 10:39 AM
Gunthar consideres Ori's offer of 80 gold for a completed map, "It would take me some time to repair it fully, if you give me a week I should have it completed. But if you are in a hurry then I have the map with the damaged portion here, it will get you to the glacier, but some of the trails up that were definately safe then, were destroyed, so you may have ot make your own way, but the cavern Laurin said was the tartget is clearly marked allow you to travel there quickly at least. So which will it be? If you need time to think it over, I am not going anywhere, feel free to come back and let me know if you need to."

At Laurins shack, or whats left of it...

The blast leveled the shack, Laurin was clearly dead as parts of him were strewn about, though Alter still rushes to his side to attempt to help him, though it is too late, there is a large crossbow bolt sticking from his chest which is what shattered the window before the explosion went off. No one else seemed to be killed and everyone is fairly quick to get up. Nirallus starts to cast a elaborate spell, Brand and Azrael both quickly scan the street and rooftops for who could have launched the attack. Initially they notice that the man who was standing outside the house watching casually is gone, and it appears that there is a man running down a rooftop heading east from Laurin's house, he is bald with a beard and is wearing a dark purple robe. Azrael leans and focuses to fire a shot, but realizes the man is nearly 500ft away, Brand spots a contingent of city guards rounding the corner and heading straight for the destroyed house and their weapons are drawn.

The one leading the pack begins to yell already, YOU THERE, STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND LAY DOWN YOUR WEAPONS OR WE WILL BE FORCED TO PUT YOU DOWN.

Ok so if Azrael wants to fire off a shot he of course can, but will incur a -4 penalty due to distance.

Damage is as follows ( I think )
Brand takes 0, made save and evasion
Nirallus, Kadul, and Azrael take 13 damage, made save so half dmg
Alter takes 22 damage, failed save but has 5 fire res

razorback
2013-08-03, 10:48 AM
Kadul looks at the guards to see if they can be seen from where they stand.
I" have no desire to fight the city guard. That being said, I also have no desire for them to put hands upon me, detain me, or rifle through my equipment. If you are of like mind, I say we vacate the premises immediately. By the power of my magic, I can have us away and after those who have killed this faultless man."

Ready action to cast Teleport if everyone agrees to go with him.
If someone else comes up with a different/better plan he will hold off unless the guards threaten the group.

Ralasha
2013-08-03, 11:37 AM
"A week should be fine. I'll be back for it then. If I need it sooner, I'll pay you for your work anyway. I'm going to go see what all the hubbub is."

Ori leaves the shop wityh a final smile at the map maker, and makes her way down towards the smoke, and shouting.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-03, 11:54 AM
Alter makes his way out of the smoking ruin, to stand beside his companions.

"I have no desire to fight these men. They're just their duties, and they don't know the whole situation. Let me speak with them."

Taking a few steps toward the guards with his hands in the air, and his great sword still in it's sheath, Alter addresses the guards.

"My name is Alter Frost. I am a paladin of Bahamut. I cannot allow you take me or my friends into custody until we have done something to catch the people that did this. Please help us; there's a man running along the rooftops in that direction," says Alter, pointing in the direction that his friend indicated.

Ralasha
2013-08-03, 11:57 AM
Ori walks up behind the guards. Upon seeing the situation she starts laughing and saying incoherent sentences of obvious derogatory nature about humans, fools, and the two being synonymous.

Athaleon
2013-08-03, 12:42 PM
Nirallus finishes calls the Eidolon, clothing himself in the form of a "small" dragon. Without waiting for the guards to reply, he takes off into the air and hurtles after the fleeing figure.

He'll fly 40' up and towards the subject (move action) and cast Haste on himself (standard action). He'll then fly in pursuit of the suspect until he gets in range to cast Slow on him (45').

razorback
2013-08-03, 02:58 PM
Kadul watches as Alter goes to talk to the guard, a of shock on his face. His roguish nature usually keeps him from wanting to talk to authority figures so this path didn't occur to him.
As Nirallus flies off, he is conflicted on whether to fly off to help his fellow magic user or wait until Alter can talk the guards down.
Hearing Ori and seeing her laugh behind the guards, he shakes his head and gives her a sly grin and a wink as he speaks words of magic and flies out the window, about 20 feet above the guards as he yells "Don't worry, we'll be right back with the bad guys."

Cast Fly and go off in pursuit of Nirallus and our apparent adversary.

PowerGamer
2013-08-03, 03:38 PM
Azrael carefully takes aim at the man on the roof, I've got a clear shoot but at this distance I'm not sure if I can hit him." to the guards he yells, "I'm not shooting at you! I'm shooting at a runner!!" and with that he takes a moment and murmors, 24 degrees, 500 feet and moving. So it should work if I aim... Here! and a bolt goes flying from the teiflings crossbow.

+1 R. Light Crossbow:
Attack:[roll0] *-4 (16) I don't think that is going to hit :/
Damage:[roll1]

LittleCarp04
2013-08-06, 08:30 PM
When the two take off flying, the guards are stunned momentarily. LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS THE REST OF YOU! NOW!!

Kadul and Nirallus fly off after the man running on the rooftops, as they see him in the distance, the bolt that Azrael loosed hits the man in the hip and he falls down, he slowly gets up and continues to run away with a slight limp. In just a few short seconds, Kadul and Nirallus are within range and Nirallus casts Slow on the man and now he is moving at a snails pace.

PowerGamer
2013-08-06, 10:27 PM
Azrael takes a moment to bask in his shooting skills and then realizes he's still holding a loaded crossbow infront of a bunch of guards. "I'm putting it down. See, see. I'm not a bad person. I'm didn't do any of this." He says nervously with a bit of excitement on his voice as he lays down his crossbow.

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-06, 10:40 PM
Brand shakes his head in disgust as he drops his bow close to his feet. You guys are letting the real culprit escape, you know, he says clearly as he raises his hands to show they are empty.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-06, 10:49 PM
Alter stands his ground, still keeping his greatsword sheathed, but showing no signs of surrendering it.

"Calm down! We had nothing to do with the destruction you see! Look at us! Why in Bahamut's name would we have blown up a hut while we were still inside of it? Laurin said that he was being watched and threatened just before he was killed. Our friends have gone after whoever blew the house up. Let us go. We will catch the culprit, then return to answer whatever questions you might have. That's the best I promise."

Detect Evil on the leader of the guards.

Athaleon
2013-08-06, 11:01 PM
Nirallus quickly closes in on the fleeing man, and briefly wonders if the measures taken amounted to overkill. Never mind, time to bag this guy and find out what he knew. Hopefully he'd go down without a fight, it'd be a shame if the poor sap ended up getting killed in the struggle.

In case he doesn't go down without a fight, CMB check to Grapple: [roll0]

razorback
2013-08-07, 07:16 AM
As Kadul sees the half elf fly up and prepares to deal with the apparent attacker, he takes a quick look around before preparing to encapsulate the man in a stoney prison in case he manages to escape Nirallus' grasp.

Perception
[roll0] ach! need to work on this skill

Readied action - preparing Wall of Stone to create a half dome over the man if he manages to get away from Nirallus.

Ralasha
2013-08-07, 02:45 PM
Azrael takes a moment to bask in his shooting skills and then realizes he's still holding a loaded crossbow infront of a bunch of guards. "I'm putting it down. See, see. I'm not a bad person. I'm didn't do any of this." He says nervously with a bit of excitement on his voice as he lays down his crossbow.

Brand shakes his head in disgust as he drops his bow close to his feet. You guys are letting the real culprit escape, you know, he says clearly as he raises his hands to show they are empty.

Her chuckling halts for a moment and her voice turns serious, "Oh please, They're humans, you think they care if you did it? You just happen to be convenient targets to blame."

LittleCarp04
2013-08-08, 09:29 PM
The guards calm noticably at Alter's words, and even goes so far as to signal his men to lower their weapons and he sheaths his sword as he approaches Alter to shake his hand, Ok Sir, I see you a man of faith and honor, I will trust you aren't responsible for this, but we still have our own duty to keep the peace here. Fact is I haven't seen any of you before, and there has been murder here, we have to keep control. Name's Bulnath, I am the Sergeant of this group of town guards, we happened to be patrolling over a street near the Fanciful Goat you see, and heard the explosion. What exactly happened here? I see you lot are well equipped to capture that other man, moreso than we are at this time, so hopefully you can fill us in on the situation. Gregor and Leragar go secure the perimeter, make sure other folk stay well back from the house and let me speak with these folk." The men obey the orders but look sidelong at Ori's comments and Brand's open disdain for their requests.

The running man looks up and sees that he is captured. He twists a ring on his finger, and can be heard speaking to himself... "Escape is impossible, they are stronger than you thought they don't have the orb, I will always keep our secrets." With that he removes an ornate dagger from his belt and stabs himself in the neck, and leaps from the roof. Nirallus collides with the man midair and wrenches his arm out of socket, preventing the dagger from fully entering his neck and killing himself. They struggle briefly on the ground before the man is obviously overpowered by the draconic form Nirallus is wearing and he looks on in open reverence at the fact he has been captured and at the draconic being who is holding him down easily. Kadul takes a moment to scan the nearby area for anything else of interest, and doesn't spot anything other than random onlookers watching the action.

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-08, 09:49 PM
Brand breathes a small sigh of relief that the guards accepted Alter's diplomatic advances. Clapping his hands, he bends down to retrieve his bow; deliberately enough that the guards would not think him hostile. Great job, Alter m'friend, he says. And for what it's worth, good on you all. Hope you can understand the hostility; being assaulted out of the blue would make anyone angry. Speaking of, he says, looking around until he sees the flying Kadul. Come on, Alter, let's go see what our fellows have caught.

With that, and a nod of respect to Bulnath, he jogs off to meet with Kadul and Nirallus.

PowerGamer
2013-08-08, 10:01 PM
Azrael, realizing that he is no longer in danger picks up his crossbow and and attaches it to his back again. He then sits down and proceeds to pull out a ball of metal and begins tinkering with it, after a minute he moves on to another and some other gadgets as well. He mutters to himself something about these things being useful later and being stupid for not having been prepared but doing a good job with the crossbow.

preparing some "spells" incase we need them later :) 1 min per spell prep

1st lvl:
shield
guardian drone

2nd lvl:
2 blade drones
Flaming sphere
levitate

3rd lvl:
Tiny hut (this will be our sleeping quarters) yay portable house :)

Beowulf DW
2013-08-08, 10:05 PM
"Brand, I'll should be all right. Would you mind getting after the other two and bringing that murder back? Please? I'll catch up as soon as I can," Alter implores his old friend before turning back to the guards. The paladin speaks as quickly as he is able, "Thank you. We were hired to take up a task that Laurin was unable to accomplish. We gathered at his house to ask him about what he had learned. He mentioned that some one was watching him and had even gone so far as to threatened him. My friends and I had just determined to confront these cads, when Laurin was shot with a crossbow bolt through the window. Then they threw something into the house, which did that," Alter points to the ruined house to emphasize the end of his brief tale. "Will that do for now?"

Alter is clearly eager to be off, but he's willing to stay and further placate the guards, if they'll let his companions go for now.

Ralasha
2013-08-08, 10:19 PM
Ori looks disappointedly at the guards, and shifts on her feet, as though uncertain what to do without violence being imminent. Her face bears an almost innocent, empty headed expression, "Don't look at me like that. I didn't do anything!"

Athaleon
2013-08-08, 11:00 PM
Nirallus flies back to the rest of the party, clutching his subdued quarry in the Eidolon's jaws just hard enough to keep him restrained. His intervention prevented the man from killing himself outright, but he may yet bleed out without the swift intervention of magical healing.

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-08, 11:09 PM
Brand stops in his tracks as the flying man goes back to where he started. Sighing in frustration, he runs back to the others. He sees that the captured criminal is practically bleeding to death, he quickly motions to Alter to heal him if he can. Before his friend can move, he unwinds some fabric from his backpack and does his level best to treat the man's wounds first. No way you're dying on us before you spill your guts, he thinks angrily.

Since I'm not threatened, I'll take 10 for a total of 18 for Heal. Just something to do until Beowulf comes back.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-08, 11:19 PM
Alter sprints towards the bleeding man, gather what holy power he can to him.

Lay on Hands: [roll0]

"I assume that he either tried to take his own life, or he fought and lost. Which was it?" Alter asks, looking up at Nirallus.

Athaleon
2013-08-08, 11:46 PM
"When it became obvious that he wouldn't escape, he spouted some zealotry and took a dagger to his own throat. Obviously afraid of his paymasters."

Ralasha
2013-08-08, 11:49 PM
Ori watches everything with seemingly ditz like interest.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-09, 12:01 AM
"Hmm...These are certainly no ordinary thugs, then. Do you think that our employer knows about these people?" Alter's question is addressed to everyone as he steps back to see if the criminal has stabilized. Turning to the Sergeant, "Looks like you have your culprit."

razorback
2013-08-09, 06:35 AM
Kadul, after scanning the area, see the altercation between Nirallus and the assassin. Before he could react, Nirallus has the man restrained and flying back with him towards the others and lands softly just as Alter heals the man.

<Why would anyone try to take their life for such an object? he thinks in stunned silence for a moment, trying to grasp the reality of those who may oppose them.
Shaking his head at the man, he sidles up with the gathering group, keeping an eye on the sergeant to see if the man shows any signs of duplicity.

LittleCarp04
2013-08-10, 12:28 AM
Bulnath nods at Alter's comment, signaling his ok to move on for now, and he then motions the other guards over to the house and they begin asking other locals if they have any information to offer.

The robed man stops bleeding when Brand administers some pressure on the mans wound, and it closes and leaves a faint pink line when Alter rushes over and heals him with a holy word. The man is clearly struggling against the group and is looking around with crazed eyes at the obvious truth that he has been caught. He begins talking quickly under his breath in another language which many of you recognize as Draconic, and he quickly attempts to form specific forms with his hands but Nirallus is too strong and his attempted spell fizzles with no result. At this latest failure among his many, he slumps down realizing his defeat and he says to the group, "I will not reveal anything to you. Your attempts at gathering anything from me will be futile. I have known worse pain than you can hope to administer. Good luck." With that he lays his head down and closes his eyes calmly.

PowerGamer
2013-08-10, 08:27 AM
Hearing the draconic, Azrael looks up but sees that Nirallus his the man under control. He finishes making one of the blade drones and shows it to the man. "Pain, it's the reaction of me holding this against your body and your body not liking it." he says in a cool tone while holding up the 5 bladed ball making sure that he had built it correctly. He then puts it and it's partner away and moves on to his last few blueprints.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-10, 09:11 AM
At hearing the dragon tongue from the prisoner, Alter leans in and, in not quite a whisper, says,

(In draconic)
"You killed a good old man whose only crime was taking a job for a wizard. You will be handed over to these guards to be tried for murder, and even if you aren't convicted, you'll likely be killed by your masters for failing. Your life is pretty much over. Wouldn't you like to do some good before you die? At least tell us why you killed Laurin."

razorback
2013-08-12, 03:03 PM
Kadul stands at the ready and a bit unsure how to handle this situation, as it is something out of the realm of his experience.
Looking at his fellow magician, he walks over and whispers "I have no spells that would compel him to talk... what about you?"

LittleCarp04
2013-08-12, 06:46 PM
The robed man looks sidelong at Alter, *in Draconic*"That you even understand this is surprising, but no, you can't appeal to the "good" side of me. I have sold my soul and will die satisfied that my small part has been played in this large work." In common, in response to Azrael, "I have known pain worse than you can fathom in your worst nightmare tinkerer. I have seen those of your type before, constantly playing with your toys, imagining that as some true form of magic."

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-12, 07:15 PM
Brand

Brand allows Alter to talk to the man, though with their shared knowledge of Draconic he was able understand their conversation. When the man continues to refuse to talk, Brand takes out a dagger from his belt. Positioning himself so that his body blocks the view from the guards, he crouches down to whisper to the man in Draconic,

Listen you little bastard, you tried to kill my friend, and I don't take kindly to that. Taking the dagger, he allows it to rest gently against the man's crotch. Do you know how many little veins and arteries are in your body? More than you can count, and I'm going to give you the chance to get intimately acquainted with the feeling of having each and every one ripped from your body unless you tell us what you know.

Intimidate check: [roll0]

I feel it's weird that Favored Enemy doesn't give a bonus to Intimidate against a favored enemy.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-12, 07:53 PM
Good cop-bad cop routine?:smallwink:

Alter puts a hand on Brand's shoulder, whispering, "You know that I can't actually let you torture him. Besides, he won't be our responsibility for long enough to make any progress. The guards are going to come back any minute now."

Turning back to the prisoner, (In draconic again):
"Surprising? I have the blood of a gold dragon in my veins, cretin. Draconic is my mother tongue. At least tell me your name."

PowerGamer
2013-08-12, 10:25 PM
Azrael, in draconic, says "He's not the only one who understands Draconic,"
He finishes his tinkering and puts all of his trinkets and tools away. Standing up he brushes off the snow and just as easily he ignores the mans insults to his machinery. He starts to shift through the rubble for any useful materials for future crafts

Perception: [roll0]

Ralasha
2013-08-12, 11:59 PM
"Well, aside from my being a she... now that we have discovered who knows draconic, how about we move this along?"

Ralasha
2013-08-13, 12:10 AM
Ori glares at brand, and begins a rather long string of obscure elven obscenities. Generally in regards to whatever race he happens to be.

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-13, 12:48 AM
Ori glares at brand, and begins a rather long string of obscure elven obscenities. Generally in regards to whatever race he happens to be.

Brand blinks at the open hostility in a foreign tongue. Well, I don't know exactly what she said, but that tone obviously means that I said something wrong, he thinks. I couldn't really hear her, but she mentioned something about being able to speak Draconic as well. Perhaps she thinks that I didn't take her into account when I said what I did. Best to apologize and avoid unnecessary conflict.

Turning to fully face her, Brand bows his head. From your tone, it seems that I have offended you. I did not think before I said what I did, and am sorry if it caused you anger. It was not my intent. I hope you can forgive me, and we can still work together toward our goal.

Ralasha
2013-08-13, 12:50 AM
Her eyes narrow and her rapid-paced insults dither and die... quite suddenly she shrugs "Whatever. I still think you're right, your friend looks and sounds girly."

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-13, 01:09 AM
Brand shrugs. He does tend to leave his hair down long. It's not my fault what it makes him look like, he chuckles, clapping his friend on the back.

Ralasha
2013-08-13, 01:17 AM
"You could always try carrying a dirk for trimmiing your hair. I personally keep soap, loam, amd oils for my own hygienic needs when on the road, along with a pair of sheers, a set of razors, combs and brushes. Don't forget an oilcloth, a polish brush and polish."

Athaleon
2013-08-13, 01:33 AM
Nirallus, draconic claws and all, has to make an effort not to pinch the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger. So much for intimidating this guy with our stone-cold professionalism.

Well now, how to get him talking? No one was going to break this man through torture. Truth be told, Nirallus didn't feel anyone in the group was an evil enough bastard to torture a captive, himself included. He wouldn't be hanging around with them if they were. And then there's the presence of the guards, and the fact that torture produces answers to please, and degrades the standard of information... No, torture is right out.

He knew some of his companions were skilled alchemists and arcanists, but whether any could extract the truth through chemical or arcane means was unknown to him. Nirallus himself certainly possessed little talent in such applications.

That meant the only option was to wheedle it out of him in conversation and watch for a reaction. Not an area of his expertise either, but what the hell, he'd give it a shot.

"You obviously fear your masters very much. Tell me this then, at least: This indescribable pain you keep alluding to, who inflicted it upon you? Your current masters?"

LittleCarp04
2013-08-13, 07:23 PM
The robed man is simply stunned at the quick and quiet exchange of personalities grating against each other. He looks to Nirallus and responds, "You will come to fear my masters as well, but my name is Iluthara. Now will you be taking me to the guards or not? Of course if you prefer I could possibly be persuaded to provide some information for my freedom. Of course nothing that will endanger our mission but clearly you fools need a compass." He says with a laugh in common to ensure everyone understands.

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-13, 08:42 PM
Brand doesn't even give the assassin's offer a second's thought. We'll find our way on our own, he said. You tried to kill us, after all; I'd rather see you rot in jail than give you any help.

With that he walks behind Alter and stands loosely at attention, ready to leave when his friend does.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-13, 09:04 PM
Alter folds his arms, and glares at Iluthara.

"Who's more foolish, the fools, or the fool that was captured by the fools?

Addressing the rest of the group, "Brand said all that needs to be said. The two of us will make no deals with this man. The rest of you must of course make what bargains you will, I can't speak for all of us, but rest assured, one way or another, I intend to see that justice is brought down on this man."

razorback
2013-08-13, 09:09 PM
Kadul

Kadul stands aside and a little back from the others, unsure what to make of this would-be assassin.
"Let him rot, I say. Any information he might give could be tainted. Just enough good information to keep us second guessing. Besides, " he continues, his roguish grin coming naturally to his face, snideness lost in an innocent look "No on sends their best operative out to kill a a one-legged old man. He's a lackey without a clue to the greater picture his masters bade him to do, right, lap dog? He will continue to dream the dreams of granduer, forever unconvinced that his master had some other plan he had no idea about and he was just a pawn to be used. Let us be on our way once this offal is handed to the guard."
He slyly turns his back on the man, and gives the others a wink.

PowerGamer
2013-08-13, 09:25 PM
Coming back to the group from searching the remains Azrael squats down next the rude man that he had shot. He whispers to him,"And by the way, that was my crossbow that hit you," turning his head up towards the rest of the group, "Anyone mind if I search his possessions for anything of use?"

I have an usresolved search check of the ruins for anything useful for future craft. Total was a 21, proof is on page 4.

If we are ok with searching through his stuff.
Perception: [roll0]

Ralasha
2013-08-14, 01:19 AM
"May I ask, how he did this damage? If he is a mage... you may wish to check for his foci, book or otherwise..."

Beowulf DW
2013-08-15, 06:26 AM
"I doubt that he can use spells. He used some kind of device to unleash the explosion that destroyed the house, instead of firing off a spell of his own."

LittleCarp04
2013-08-15, 06:42 AM
The robed man laughs at the refusal of his offer of aid. He continues to listen intently but doesn't say anything further. The guards make their way back, and Bulnath addresses the group, "So this is the man responsible for Laurin's death? Take him into custody!

Did you learn anything from him about the reason? He doesn't look familiar to me so he must be working with some other group."

Azrael:

Azrael meanders around the area checking for any lost bits that may be useful and comes across what appears to be a broken old trainset of some sort which contains many cogs, small wheels and assorted bits of metal. He searches Iluthara roughly and finds a single page folded up that was written in draconic and was only partially readable:

*in Draconic* "...the Lords rule from above, over all of us until the end of days. Then the change, from flesh to bone, beating heart to pulsing magic fueling their eternal lives. Only then may they take over the place of the gods..."

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-16, 11:08 AM
Brand shrugs. The man was tight-lipped as to the reason and who he was working with, he says. Although it is likely that it was tied to Laurin's journey to the glacier.

Ralasha
2013-08-16, 01:24 PM
Ori "So... lauren is the burnt corpse?" She walks over and examines the body, and the damage to the building.

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-16, 01:31 PM
Brand

Yeah, poor guy never had a chance, Brand responds. He gave us some info on the glacier; we'll catch you up on the details when we're in a relatively more secure place.

Ralasha
2013-08-16, 01:34 PM
"I've purchased a map. It's being updated as we speak." Ori moves over and examined the area of the blast. "He was standing near here?"

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-16, 01:41 PM
Brand

Good idea with the map, we'll need it. And he was standing by the window near the blast, yeah, Brand replies. He was pretty much dead with the crossbow bolt, I think; the explosion was probably for insurance, and we were just lucky enough to be with him at the time.

Ralasha
2013-08-16, 01:44 PM
"I would think it was more to take care of his company... Or the competition. Depending on your perspective, and the situation."

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-16, 01:48 PM
Brand nods in agreement. Most likely competition, I'd guess. Though given how little we know of the situation, guesses are all we have. We'll just have to keep a sharp eye out for more trouble.

Ralasha
2013-08-16, 01:55 PM
"He was talking when he was shot? That would explain the overkill, and attempt on your lives. He had company, for all they know you could have been working with or for him. What would not matter much I think."

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-16, 02:01 PM
Agreed on all counts, Brand nods. He had just finished talking to us, and in a stroke of irony was just looking outside for that guy when he was hit. He'd seen his assassin around before; I don't know whether our visit caused or hastened his death, but he was under surveillance nonetheless.

Ralasha
2013-08-16, 02:08 PM
Ori nods "We are most likely being watched... even now..." She doesn't look around, merely continues to examine the scene.

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-16, 02:12 PM
Brand nods again without changing his expression or looking around. Seems like it's going to be an occupational hazard in this job, he comments. Nothing we can't handle, of course.

Ralasha
2013-08-16, 02:20 PM
Ori shrugs, Well, all die eventually. Assassins however are cowards. Unfortunately they are not also fools."

razorback
2013-08-16, 02:21 PM
Kadul, watching the interplay between Ori and Brand, lets the discus what is on their minds without interrupting.
"My question, going forward, is are we going to be followed on our expedition? I would hate to have just fought a difficult fight only to have another group descend upon us that has some knowledge of our talents, no matter how small it may be. I justly wonder if it is something we can even deal with now..." he asks, letting the question hang out there for everyone.

PowerGamer
2013-08-16, 02:26 PM
Azrael reads the paper... and the prisoner is taken from them no longer able to ask any questions. Lost in his own world he reads it over a few times trying to figure it out. Talking to himself he says *in draconic*, "the Lords rule from above, over all of us until the end of days. Then the change, from flesh to bone, beating heart to pulsing magic fueling their eternal lives. Only then may they take over the place of the gods...Hmmm... flesh to bone, and magic to fuel live to then become a god... interesting."

Ralasha
2013-08-16, 02:26 PM
"Considering you survived this attack almost entirely unscathed... probably not, I would assume they would use the equivalent of siege weapons next time, that is, in comparison to this being a crossbow. Figuratively speaking."

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-16, 02:30 PM
And we are neither cowards nor fools, so the advantage is ours, he replies. And if they're willing to blow up a house in the middle of the day, then it is almost assured that they will send stronger opponents our way. This whole thing makes me wonder if our employer knew of these risks when he hired us.

Ralasha
2013-08-16, 02:33 PM
"That would undoubtedly be why he isn't attempting to accomplish the job himself. I'm not likely to hire a boy to fetch me a glass of water for a copper piece. Unless someone is standing by the bar with a dagger pointed in my direction. Again figuratively speaking.

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-16, 02:39 PM
Well, the prospect of a dragon guarding the treasure would be enough for any regular person to send for outside help, of course. But this assassin is part of an organization, possibly dedicated solely to collecting artifacts of this nature. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, he finishes with a shrug.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-16, 07:26 PM
Alter looks up from a brief prayer for the departed.

"We have an advantage no one seems to have mentioned. He's only had a small taste of the abilities of two members of our group. The rest of us are a mystery to him, and thus to his employers, assuming they ever manage to debrief him or his corpse."

Turning to the guards,

"Thank you, sir. I apologize for the confrontation earlier, but I could not allow myself our my companions to be taken into custody while a murderer was on the loose."

Addressing his companions once again,

"I don't think we've all been properly introduced, yet. Brand and I already know each other, as some of you may have gathered, but I'm Alter Frost, paladin of Bahamut. Honored to meet you all."

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-16, 07:53 PM
Brand nods and gives a loose salute. The name's Brand Knott, dragon hunter. Chromatic dragons, of course; otherwise Alter would cut me even less slack than he does now, he says with a chuckle.

PowerGamer
2013-08-16, 11:05 PM
"I'm Azrael," says Azrael, "I was banished from my home and am only allowed to return upon completion of the dragon that I'm building. He's back at the inn. You'll meet him later."

razorback
2013-08-17, 08:08 AM
"I am Kadul Taka'Lidal, pleasure to meet your company." he says with a bow and a flourish. As he straights, he c ocks his head as he looks at Azrael "Building a dragon, eh? We must speak on this later." Turning back towards Alter, he nods in agreement "You are right. They only can only poorly gauge the power of two of us right now."
Snapping his fingers, he looks at the others "We should check on Sarmith. If they made this attempt here, they may be so bold as to take out our new employer."

Ralasha
2013-08-17, 09:59 AM
''You may refer to me as Orienla. As I prefer to not have my name butchered by uncouth tongues. I am a warrior, my being in this area happens to be purely my own concern.'' ((My computer died, posting may be erratic.))

Athaleon
2013-08-17, 05:09 PM
Nirallus dismisses the Eidolon, and in an eyeblink the dragon disappears, leaving an unassuming Half-Elf in drab civilian clothes standing in its place.

"Nirallus Uthorin. Professional wanderer, and part-time dragon" he deadpans.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-17, 09:02 PM
"Again, pleased to meet you all. Getting back to business, I agree with Master Kadul: we should check in on our employer."

LittleCarp04
2013-08-17, 09:24 PM
Assuming you guys want to go back to the Inn per your IC conversations, in order to move things along.

After you all decide to head back to the Frosty Witch to check on Sarmith, you find that Sarmith has left the inn. Girvas the barkeep says,"Aye, Sarmith, the old man who has the deep pockets left town for a bit. Going east he said. Should be back in about ten days or so, he said that you all have rooms here as long as you need and that he hoped you would return with the trinket he's after b'time he got back."

Beowulf DW
2013-08-17, 10:28 PM
"...Well. I suppose there was nothing to worry about. Shall we sally forth, then?"

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-17, 10:38 PM
Brand

We should probably wait for Orienla's map to be finished, Brand says to his friend. Turning to the elf, he asks, How long did the cartographer say it would take to make?

I know Ralasha said that her computer's on the fritz, so if she can't make it on after a day or so that we can assume Ori tells the group?

PowerGamer
2013-08-17, 11:31 PM
[COLOR="Navy"]"Building a dragon, eh? We must speak on this later."

Now back at the inn, Azrael pulls Kadul aside, "You said earlier you wanted to see my lifes work right? If you want I can show you now. It's far from compete, but it's more than a bunch of parts."

Beowulf DW
2013-08-18, 12:07 AM
"Ah, thank you, Brand. I had forgotten about that map she mentioned. In the meantime, I think I'll try to get a glimpse of this 'dragon' myself."

Alter catches up to Azrael and Kadul saying, "May I see this creation of yours, as well, Azrael? I have more than a passing interest in draconic subjects."

razorback
2013-08-18, 01:36 AM
"Well, it sounds as if miss Orienla's map will give us some time to take at least a small peek at it... Lead on, good fellow."

PowerGamer
2013-08-18, 08:28 AM
"Ah, thank you, Brand. I had forgotten about that map she mentioned. In the meantime, I think I'll try to get a glimpse of this 'dragon' myself."

Alter catches up to Azrael and Kadul saying, "May I see this creation of yours, as well, Azrael? I have more than a passing interest in draconic subjects."

"Well, it sounds as if miss Orienla's map will give us some time to take at least a small peek at it... Lead on, good fellow."

Azrael leads the two around to the stable. He explains to him about his childhood and how he built the dragon and the problem that it eventually caused him. He opens the door to the stables. Inside are horses like one would expect. and in the back is a large lump of straw that looks... strange. *Wake up* Azrael telepathically commands the mechanical beast. The straw shifts and falls to the ground as a large mechanical lizard stands up. It has the body of a dragon that is missing it's wings. It's body covered in spikes. "Well... here she is. I've made a lot of progress so far but I still have a long way to go. I can't get the firing mechanism to work in it's mouth and I'm still trying to find a way to make it fly."

I needed to run before I could finish the post. will be back on later. but I ended it at a point where we can still continue.

Ralasha
2013-08-18, 09:17 AM
He said it would be <insert answer>... And I for one am not rushing up the moumtain unprepared. If he wanted it done within a time limit he should have said so. To us.

razorback
2013-08-18, 09:44 AM
As Kadul looks on the mechanical dragon inquisitively, appreciating the work done on it.

"I have some small skill with mechanics... took a few required classes with a master gnome... well, long story short, I might be able to help you with firing mechanism. As far as flying, why not craft a flying spell that has been made permanent?"

Ralasha
2013-08-18, 10:09 AM
"Also good ideas. I think I'm going to go eat."

Ori heads back into the tavern and orders what many would probably consider too much food.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-18, 10:40 AM
Alter stares at the mechanical dragon with unhidden fascination.

"This is incredible, Azrael! I don't actually know much about engineering, but I am versed in quite a few subjects about dragons, such as their physiology. That might come in handy for figuring out the right wingspan."

razorback
2013-08-20, 07:40 AM
Kadul crawls around the underside of the mechanical dragon, as he gets a feel for its construction.

"Do you seek a mechanical or magical means to create fire? it would seem if you were to do it mechanically, you could replicate how the dragons do it. If my understanding is correct, the dragons innards contain two cavities that the dragon can pressurize through conscious effort. As the contents are ejected out of the dragons gullet, the two mix and become volatile. I don't remember how, but the dragon has a way of igniting said mixture as it fires the pressurized mixture."

PowerGamer
2013-08-20, 08:27 AM
Alter stares at the mechanical dragon with unhidden fascination.

"This is incredible, Azrael! I don't actually know much about engineering, but I am versed in quite a few subjects about dragons, such as their physiology. That might come in handy for figuring out the right wingspan."

Kadul crawls around the underside of the mechanical dragon, as he gets a feel for its construction.

"Do you seek a mechanical or magical means to create fire? it would seem if you were to do it mechanically, you could replicate how the dragons do it. If my understanding is correct, the dragons innards contain two cavities that the dragon can pressurize through conscious effort. As the contents are ejected out of the dragons gullet, the two mix and become volatile. I don't remember how, but the dragon has a way of igniting said mixture as it fires the pressurized mixture."

Glad that the other two are impressed with his creation thus far he answers their questions. "I'm here to study the anatomy of the dragon on the mountain so that I may properly make additions and corrections as I try to finish and bring it to life. As for fire, I thought about it, and it would need to be refueled if done by that process. A more effective way I found was to use a magnet, wires, and a metal rod to release and electric blast that wouldn't need to be refueled, just needed to be charged by it's own power. As for flight, I thought about magically enchanting it, but it felt like cheating. But I have time to figure it out. I'm in to rush to finish it. The more perfect I can make it the better."

LittleCarp04
2013-08-21, 12:31 AM
A barmaid comes out to the group in the stables behind the Frosty Witch and mentions to them that they have rooms available, and the hour is getting late. She heads back in almost immediately after giving you the message, obviously not intent on your actions or response.

Ralasha
2013-08-21, 09:02 AM
Ori makes inappropriate propositions to the barmaid, along with an offer of platinum, probably more money than she makes in a year. It's always good to have a sleep aid.

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-21, 01:58 PM
Brand nods appreciatively at Azrael's creation before saying, I'm calling it a night. We can finalize our plans in the morning.

With that, he walks up to his room and prepares to sleep.

razorback
2013-08-21, 02:12 PM
As Orienla propositions the barmaid, Kadul rubs his chin knowingly. "Interesting." he mumbles to himself.

As Brand bids them good night, he speaks out loud "Have a good night. For me, since it looks like our room and board are taken care of, I think it is high time for some good, warm food and libations. Anyone care to join me?"

PowerGamer
2013-08-21, 03:06 PM
Azrael instructs the mecha to go back to it's straw heap and proceeds to cover it back up. With that he bids the party good night and retires to his room to sleep

Beowulf DW
2013-08-21, 07:41 PM
"I would most certainly care to join you, Kadul. This may be the last decent meal we have for while. I doubt there's inns out on that glacier."

Alter bids good night to everyone that has already decided to turn in, blushing a bit at Orienla's proposition, and wondering if the barmaid would take her up on it as he joined Kadul.

LittleCarp04
2013-08-23, 12:18 AM
The barmaid set's down her tray and looks over to Girvas, the barkeep, and says "Why not. I could use the money, and you look like fun."

razorback
2013-08-23, 08:05 AM
As Kadul, Alter, and the others sit around the table enjoying their drinks, he regales them with tales he had picked up over his travels. Some are bawdy, more appropriate for the barracks of some army, while others are tales of heroics.
After a time he notices Orienla slip away with the barmaid, he raises his glass to her and gives her a nod.

Afterwards, he gives his story, of growing up in a small village in Mulhorand and eventually going to the Geldaneth Wizard College. He interlaces his quest with while mentioning the story of Targin 'Lumpy Pants' Duvail.
"Ah, old Lumpy Pants. Courage was never his strong point and, if he were half has bright as he thought himself, he would have instantly realized that the gorgon could not have been in the room as it couldn't have fit through the doors." With that, he roars with laughter. "But, as I have said, Lumpy wasn't the brightest wizard. So, what long and winding road brings you here?" he asks the others.

Ralasha
2013-08-23, 11:02 AM
Ori rents a room, and takes the barmaid upstairs where they cuddle. Easiest platinum the barmaid ever made.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-24, 12:10 AM
As Kadul, Alter, and the others sit around the table enjoying their drinks, he regales them with tales he had picked up over his travels. Some are bawdy, more appropriate for the barracks of some army, while others are tales of heroics.
After a time he notices Orienla slip away with the barmaid, he raises his glass to her and gives her a nod.

Afterwards, he gives his story, of growing up in a small village in Mulhorand and eventually going to the Geldaneth Wizard College. He interlaces his quest with while mentioning the story of Targin 'Lumpy Pants' Duvail.
"Ah, old Lumpy Pants. Courage was never his strong point and, if he were half has bright as he thought himself, he would have instantly realized that the gorgon could not have been in the room as it couldn't have fit through the doors." With that, he roars with laughter. "But, as I have said, Lumpy wasn't the brightest wizard. So, what long and winding road brings you here?" he asks the others.

Alter shares some details about his time together with Brand, a few tidbits about their recent travels and more memorable misadventures ("So what everyone thought was a magma dragon was actually a red dragon that had taken a lava bath!"), though he mentions nothing about his childhood or anything Brand may have mentioned about his own younger years. Alter bids his new companions good night, expending his remaining Lay on Hands to tend to his burns before turning in.

Lay on Hands [roll0]

LittleCarp04
2013-08-24, 11:37 AM
The morning rolls around and upon entering the main room of the inn you find the mapmaker Girvas there, with a large rolled parchment on the table with small spots of blood on it.

He inquires about Ori, whom he spoke with before at his shop and says, "This map is ready, I heard what happened to Laurin and I don' think you have time to wait for me to dawdle. I worked overnight for it. Take the map, complete this task you have been charged. Then you can bring justice back to Valls for Laurin."

Ralasha
2013-08-24, 11:50 AM
Ori stumbles down the steps, with an arm around the barmaid, and the barmaid has an arm around Ori. They giggle and talk quietly as they enter the main room. Ori gives her a peck on the cheek and heads over to the mapmaker, as she goes back about her daily business.

She gets a glass of water and a rag from the innkeeper, and scrubs her decidedly shiny face, and her hands.

PowerGamer
2013-08-24, 02:02 PM
The morning rolls around and upon entering the main room of the inn you find the mapmaker Girvas there, with a large rolled parchment on the table with small spots of blood on it.

He inquires about Ori, whom he spoke with before at his shop and says, "This map is ready, I heard what happened to Laurin and I don' think you have time to wait for me to dawdle. I worked overnight for it. Take the map, complete this task you have been charged. Then you can bring justice back to Valls for Laurin."

Azrael, having woken early to polish and oil his mecha*, re-enters the inn and sees the map maker and Ori. He walks over and looks over the mans shoulder, completely in his personal space. "Ahhhh, the map Ori ordered. Thank you sir. Thou I must ask, these blood spots, how did they get there?"

Beowulf DW
2013-08-24, 07:56 PM
Alter enters the common room, a bit groggy, but well rested, nevertheless.

"Hm? Blood? Where? Who's blood?"

razorback
2013-08-24, 08:37 PM
Yawning, his head feeling a bit like someone stuffed cotton between his ears and let him sleep that way, Kadul stretches as he walks down the stairs into the main room. The others are discussing something with a man over on the other side of the room but squinting, Kadul decides he interests would be best served with something warm, moist, and most definitely not greasy.
Ordering something from the girl, he watches the others with growing awareness, as he vaguely remembers the night before devolving into singing and someone dancing on a table before being yelled to come down. He thinks, as one eye sinks down a bit, it may have been him being yelled at but he can't be sure.
He hears something about blood but decides that the thick porridge before him should be the focus of his attention at the moment and knows that his new companions should be competent enough to handle it. If they need his help, he decides, they would probably ask.

Ralasha
2013-08-25, 11:06 PM
Ori gives the girl a saucy wink when she thinks no one is looking as she discusses and examines the map. "How much did I say I would pay you?"

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-25, 11:22 PM
Brand walks down the stairs from his room, stretching himself to full awareness. He notices Ori speaking to a man with a map and smiles, pleased. Ah, we got the map. Great job getting it done so quick, he says to the man, obviously the cartographer. He notices the specks of blood, but says nothing.

Instead, he orders some breakfast and chows down. Finishing up, he asks the group at large, So, with our directions in hand, what should our next move be? Do you think we should make more preparations?

LittleCarp04
2013-08-27, 12:31 AM
Gunthar looks on to the group, hands Ori the map and replies, "50 gold for the map will settle it."

The barmaid rubs her eyes and brings the group drinks and warm bisquits and ham with butter, some of the finest food they have.

razorback
2013-08-27, 07:09 AM
Around mouthfuls of the warm and delicious food, Kadul manages "Well, I have enough food for me for a couple of weeks or so, but I think we should stock up. Sarmith said he would cover us for some cold weather gear, and I at least, plan on taking him up on that.' getting the waitresses attention he asks her I am wondering if this little town of yours has a shop where we can procure items of magic and such? Or, a place that sells general equipment, too?"

Ralasha
2013-08-27, 07:07 PM
Ori hands him the 80 gold she originally agreed upon, and strokes the barmaid's flank in an affectionate and secretive manner to hide the act, hoping no one notices. "Failing all else, I can make magical weapons."

Athaleon
2013-08-28, 12:51 AM
Nirallus, in his typically lackadaisical manner, was content to tag along with the rest of the party until it was time to get down to business again. "I don't need any special preparations, but we'll want provisions, and some of us might need some cold-weather gear. Maybe climbing equipment, too?"

Back in town, resuming regular posting.

Ralasha
2013-08-28, 01:03 AM
"I require nothing but what I have, and one hour of sleep a night."

Beowulf DW
2013-08-28, 07:18 AM
Alter nods at the barmaid and thanks her for the food. "I suppose I'll have to go over my own inventory to see what I need. A little shopping trip never hurt anyone, guess."

PowerGamer
2013-08-28, 08:27 AM
Azrael having not gotten an answer yet, asks again about the blood, "I really am grateful that you finished the map for us... But I'm still curious about the blood spots?

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-28, 10:24 AM
Brand finishes his meal and sets down his utensils. Getting up, he says, So extra provisions, and cold weather outfits for anyone who doesn't have them. Climbing gear couldn't hurt either; good idea, Nirallus.

He turns to Ori. And you only need one hour of sleep a night? Impressive. You'll be able to keep on guard for most of the night, that way; very useful where we're going, no doubt.

Ralasha
2013-08-28, 10:54 PM
She nods. "I have a couple of rather useful items on my person. Now all I need is a case to keep the map from being inadvertently damaged." Her eyes widen slightly for a flicker of a moment. Then she grins, "Who just goosed me?"

Beowulf DW
2013-08-28, 11:13 PM
"Certainly not me." grumbles Alter, who feels it's far too early in the morning for games.

"Should we perhaps buy a sled and some dogs to pull it? We could end up hauling back quite a load."

Ralasha
2013-08-28, 11:44 PM
"I haven't a sleeping bag either. And do not look forward to being covered in ice. done it before, it wasn't pleasant trying to break out of it. Even if it wasn't particularly cold."

LittleCarp04
2013-08-28, 11:59 PM
Gunthar looks to Azrael and explains, "That blood is Laurin's, he had this map when he last went up the glacier and was injured, during his fall down and his climb the rest of the way, it was bloodied up, I made repairs that I could so it should work for ye'"

The barmaid over hears your talk and mentions that Sarmith has paid the local outfitter Nelmar a nice sum to ensure you are protected from the elements on the glacier, "Nelmar's shop down the road a bit, it would have all the things you need, and Sarmith paid him a visit I think. Check there for goods to help you on the trip."

Ralasha
2013-08-29, 12:34 AM
Ori smiles at her and says her thanks. She then turns back to the cartographer "So, about that case for the map..."

razorback
2013-08-29, 07:49 AM
Kadul grins at Brand as he makes light of Orienla practically voluntering to be the night guard.

"Daylight is burning, lady and gentlemen. Let's be off to this Nelmar's and see what we need and get going. Be wary of anyone watching too closesly our activities, as if you need to be reminded." As the barmaid walks back into the room, he asks her and Gunthar "Besides us, are there any other people new to town or strange characters that have been skulking around town?" he asks, grin draining from his face as he asks.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-30, 02:13 PM
"Did Laurin mention multiple people watching him, or just the one man? I've forgotten in all the excitement."

Beowulf DW
2013-08-31, 11:12 AM
"Well, if anyone was going to attack us, they'd have tried something by now. I'm heading to this Nelmar for my cold-weather gear. I'll see about sled dogs and such while I'm out," Alter waves as he heads out, making sure that his armor is properly strapped on. He meant to wear his armor under any cold weather clothes he was provided, and wanted them to be fitted properly.

LittleCarp04
2013-08-31, 03:54 PM
At Nelmar's shop he gives you 3 cloaks, 2 rings, and a hat that all assist you endure the elements you will find on the glacier. These are the items that Sarmith paid for you, they are all the same, they will keep you safe from the cold up there, but only the natural cold, anything else is beyond these items ability to stop.

You have all your gear in order and are ready to head south east at your leisure.

Thokk_Smash
2013-08-31, 03:59 PM
Brand takes one of the rings and slips it onto his right hand. Easy to slip on, easy to keep on, he says. So, that seems to be that. I'll get Braun and then we can be off, I suppose. With that, he walks off to the stable.

Beowulf DW
2013-08-31, 07:00 PM
After thanking Nelmar, Alter puts the other ring on.

"I have 10 days worth of rations on me, and I'm more than ready to go after this dragon. Shall we be off gentlemen? And lady?"

Ralasha
2013-08-31, 11:39 PM
Ori frowns in thought.

Athaleon
2013-09-01, 12:41 AM
Nirallus takes one of the hats, and makes sure to secure it to his person with a sturdy cord. Didn't want it to fly off and suddenly expose him to a cold wind, after all.

Afterward he makes his purchases, putting a tent, bedroll, blanket, and a pile of food rations into a comically small rucksack."Ready to go when you are" he replies jauntily.

Ralasha
2013-09-01, 04:43 AM
"I want to pick up some ice climbing gear before we go. I'll need a set of ice grips for my boots, claws for my hands, a climbing pick, some rope, pitons, a harness... some salts... and a small block and tackle and winch. I think that's everything..." She nods, and taps her fur clad foot as she continues in deep thought.

PowerGamer
2013-09-01, 12:21 PM
Azrael graps a hat and shoves it on his head, his horns tearing holes through the fabric. "I could use some rations as well. As for shelters I have that covered with a prototype of mine. It's housed me well during travels and should work in this climate just as well."

ooc
I'm moving so on a tablet. Posting isn't simple and I can't use mythweavers :\ idk if I have a hat or shoulder slot open for endure element item..

razorback
2013-09-02, 01:47 PM
Kadul, with the others, picks up some cold weather clothes and equipment, and as they stand outside in the cool morning, he feels funny about all of this material he is wearing.
"I have never worn so much in my life" he says with a laugh. "I come from far south of here, where the says are hot and the nights are warm. I cannot decide if these clothes feel like the warm embrace of a favored lover or the smothering pillow of said ladies vengful husband."
He grins out the face of his headcovering. "Shall we be off?"

Beowulf DW
2013-09-02, 02:34 PM
"Well, we need to wait for Ori to run and get her climbing gear. I doubt I'll need anything like that, due to my spells, but if it makes her feel better, let her get the gear. You never know, after all."

As soon as Ori gets her equipment, I suppose we'll get started?

Ralasha
2013-09-02, 04:52 PM
Ori peruses and purchases:

200 ft silk rope: 40 gp
Grappling Hook: 1 gp
Climbing Pick (x2): 4 gp
Climber's Harness: 10 gp
+2 Climber's Kit: 280 gp (+4 climb checks)

Hand grip climbing Claws: 20 gp (gloves with small pointed blades on the palms for gripping surfaces)
Ice cleets: 20 gp (similar to climbing claws, strapped to boots)

Beowulf DW
2013-09-02, 08:02 PM
Alter begins to make his way out of town and toward the glacier as he sees Ori come back with her new gear.

"This is going be one of our more interesting adventures for sure, Brand."

Ralasha
2013-09-02, 08:09 PM
"Ever been on the northern ice sheets? Interesting doesn't cover it, and I'm just being prepared. If one of you falls, you fall. If I fall, I have a ring for that, but first I have my climbing gear to help catch me so I don't have to climb too far back up." She nods, and smooths her expression.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-02, 08:18 PM
Brand nods in response to his friend's words. He pulls himself into the saddle and directs Braun to move with his legs without even thinking as he says, Also one of our more satisfying. I can almost see the dragon dead at our feet.

He turns to Ori as she finishes talking. It is always good to be prepared. I assume you've been to that kind of terrain before, then? Any interesting tales to tell?

Ralasha
2013-09-02, 08:25 PM
"I grew up in the frozen north. Where spring just means the rivers run a little faster under the ice, and summer means your skin doesn't turn black without a fire nearby. Think I have some experience?" She grins wryly. "I know what's needed for ice and snow. You might want to go buy some climbing harnesses, we can share the climbing gear I bought. My climbing kit is magical though."

She gets a far away look in her eyes. "I miss the hot springs..."

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-02, 08:36 PM
Brand considers for a moment. Nodding, he says, Sounds like a good idea. I'll hurry there on Braun and grab a few harnesses.

With that, he turns Braun around and trots back to Nelmar's shop. He asks for a harness for himself and Alter, and then trots back.

Ralasha
2013-09-02, 08:51 PM
"Climbers Kits only cost 80 gold you know, and they help a lot. I can't imagine mine will bve quite enough alone. Normally each person would have their own. Magical or not, it isn't an all tools vest."

Beowulf DW
2013-09-02, 08:53 PM
"That was quick...Thank you, Brand. I'll pay you back out of my share of the reward. I do know the Fly spell, though. I could just cast it on Braun and have him fly us up any cliffs we find."

Ralasha
2013-09-02, 08:56 PM
"And then hope that nothing negates the spell... brilliant. I rely on my muscle for a reason. Magic comes easily to elves, but I've seen it fail even when it shouldn't. I know I can rely on my body, and steel, would you risk your life on something as fickle as magic?"

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-02, 08:57 PM
Sad to say that I'm a bit strapped for gold right now, he says, shrugging. If you have and would be willing to lend us the gold, I would be happy to pay you back when we finish the mission; but as it stands, these and Alter's spells will have to do.

Ralasha
2013-09-02, 09:01 PM
She stops, tilts her head and and walks off in the direction of her gypsy style wagon.

Once there she unlocks and opens a fold-out section of the wagon and pulls out a drawer with coins kept in neat and orderly rows, she begins counting out one hundred and sixty coins of burnished platinum. Stuffs them in a bag, puts the drawer back and closes and locks the fold-out table.

She tosses the bag to Brand. "Two standard climbing kits. That's one hundred and sixty of my favorite coins. I'll expect two hundred in return, since I'm saving up."

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-02, 09:07 PM
Brand catches the bag deftly and opens it up. He whistles at what he sees. Reaching inside, he takes out sixteen of the platinum coins and slips them into a pouch. He tosses the bag back to Ori and says, And that's one hundred and forty four of your favorite coins back. I don't want to be more indebted to you than necessary.

With that, he trots back to Nelmar's and buys two standard climbing kits. He trots back and hands one of them to Alter.

Ralasha
2013-09-02, 09:08 PM
Ori meanwhile returns the coins to her wagon. She looks puzzled for a moment, and then suddenly starts laughing once brand returns. "Sorry, I'm a bit... off at the moment apparently. My math was completely wrong."

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-02, 09:15 PM
Brand shrugs, grinning a bit himself. It happens to all of us at one point or another. As Braun walks along, he opens the climber's kit and begins to familiarize himself with it.

Ralasha
2013-09-02, 09:20 PM
Ori explains to him what each piece of equipment is for, how to use it and what it does.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-02, 09:26 PM
Brand listens intently at the explanation of each piece. After learning what each piece does he thanks her for her help.

Ralasha
2013-09-02, 09:28 PM
She friendily bumps against his arm, and smiles.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-02, 09:36 PM
Brand grins back and nudges her arm with his leg.

LittleCarp04
2013-09-06, 12:11 AM
Having been properly equipped to handle the dangerous cold, you are ready to depart. Horses are available at the Frosty Witch if you prefer. The glacier is a 2 day ride south east of Valls over rarely traveled roads.

Sorry about my lack of posting. Everything is good to go now, take any other actions and let me know when you're ready to leave.

Ralasha
2013-09-06, 02:07 AM
Ori will walk, or ride side-saddle to someone.

Beowulf DW
2013-09-06, 07:40 AM
Alter is a somewhat clumsy rider, but he'll take one of the horses from the Frosty Witch to keep up with everyone else.

Do we have to pay for the horses, or is that on the wizard's tab?

razorback
2013-09-06, 07:44 AM
Kadul, while at the Frosty Witch, acquires one of the horses.
"Been a while since I've ridden one. Mostly been travelling by foot or by wagon lately. Mostly by foot." He stows the equipment he gained at Nelmar's shop, a duplicate of what the nature savy Ori picked up, on his horses saddlebags. He also takes one of the cloaks the man offers, as he casts his magic spell to divine the nature of the dweomer before putting it on, although he suspect the nature already.

Casting Detect Magic
Kn:Arcana as follows
Cloak 1
[roll0]
Cloak 2
[roll1]
Cloak 3
[roll2]
Ring 1
[roll3]
Ring 2
[roll4]
Hat
[roll5]

And, as successes allow, Spellcraft checks
Cloak 1
[roll6]
Cloak 2
[roll7]
Cloak 3
[roll8]
Ring 1
[roll9]
Ring 2
[roll10]
Hat
[roll11]

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-06, 07:59 AM
Brand waits on his own horse for the others to acquire theirs. He notices that Ori is not getting a horse of her own. He says, The glacier is not far, it seems, but to walk while the rest of us ride would put you at a strain. If you won't get a horse for yourself, you could ride on Braun for part of the way.

razor
Beowulf and I already got both of the rings.

PowerGamer
2013-09-06, 10:33 AM
Azrael uses the hand holds he built into Drogon (naming the mechanus) to scramble up the metal lizard and sits in the saddle all bundled up and sporting his new element warding hat. He looks around at the rest of the party and their mounts. "Out of curiosity... are any of your mounts warded against the cold? Mine won't be affected, but those horses sure will..."

sparadic posting.. I have access to computers but have orientation all day and then getting into the ol college schedule

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-06, 05:19 PM
I can prepare Endure Elements for my own mount, Brand says. Braun will be fine, at the least.

Beowulf DW
2013-09-06, 08:17 PM
"We have merely adapted to the cold. These horses were born in it. Molded by it. I'm sure they'll be fine."

I couldn't help it...:smallredface:

Ralasha
2013-09-06, 08:22 PM
Ori hops up onto the horse and snugs back teasingly against Brand.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-06, 10:13 PM
Brand blinks and stiffens a bit in surprise as Ori makes herself a bit too comfortable in the saddle with him. He shifts himself slightly to give them both a bit more room, though not to the point that he's falling out of the saddle. As she snugs herself against him some more, he sighs internally and stops squirming.

Gripping the reins, he says, You have the map, Ori. Where should we start off?

Athaleon
2013-09-07, 10:34 AM
"You probably guessed that I have no need of a horse. I will take the Eidolon high above the group to look out for trouble ahead."

Ralasha
2013-09-07, 08:35 PM
Ori grins, facing away so he won't see, and unfurls the map
((Someone else will have to roll for me as I don't have access to my computer.)) She repeatedly looks to the mountain using its landmarks for reference. After a short time she points in a specific direction. "that way."

Beowulf DW
2013-09-09, 09:27 PM
"We have our bearing. Off we go!"

Alter nudges his horse into a brisk trot in the direction Ori has indicated.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-09, 09:37 PM
Brand nods and directs Braun to move with his legs. He keeps abreast of Alter and maintains a steady pace with him.

Ralasha
2013-09-09, 11:28 PM
Ori takes a nap, nice and warm, and snuggling.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-09, 11:48 PM
Brand attempts to make himself relax as his affectionate companion falls asleep next to him on his horse. It is a mostly fruitless effort, for as Ori continues to snuggle he feels his ears heat up with blood, as is typical for him when flustered. Still, he does not attempt to wake her or otherwise move her; there's no harm in it, and beneath his initial discomfort he can admit that the feeling is pleasant.

LittleCarp04
2013-09-10, 12:58 AM
Traveling is easy for the first day but about an hours ride out from the glacier you find a small caravan of travelers heading toward Valls, looks like they had some trouble as many of them are wounded, and they all look rather downtrodden.

They pull up when they spot you, almost waiting for you either pass them by, attack them, or talk to them, but aren't sure which.

The weather is also noticeably colder as you have neared the glacier, as if some unnatural force is pushing the cold outward from the glacier.

Ralasha
2013-09-10, 01:38 AM
Ori hops down off of the horse and trots over to the caravan. She asks where they are coming from, where they are going, and if they have anything hot to drink she might get some of.

razorback
2013-09-10, 07:35 AM
Kadul

Kadul rides on with the others, a little bit uncomfortable in the saddle as one who rarely rode is, but making a good pace with the others.
<Speaking of uncomfortable> he thinks to himself as he notices that Brand looks distinctly uncomfortable with Ori riding with him, but he tries to hide his smirk from the warrior, only partially succeeding.

As they ride up to the caravan and Ori jumps off, he too dismounts and ties the horse's reins to a nearby tree stump. He looks a little put off at Ori's request for something hot from these people who look like they have been through some trouble.
"Ai, you folks like like you have been through a rough patch. What happened? Anything we can do to help you folks?" while open, he doesn't approach to closely to the group in case they prove to be a little trigger happy with any crossbows.

Beowulf DW
2013-09-10, 08:18 AM
Alter hops down from his horse and immediately begins using Lay On Hands to heal the most injured members of the caravan. But for a few prayers the paladin remains silent as he works.

I can use Lay On Hands six times per day, so that's six people I can heal. Let me know if you'd like rolls for each use.

PowerGamer
2013-09-10, 09:38 AM
Azrael rode along with the group. His unusual mount and companion easily trudging through the snow. Upon sight of the caravan he slowed to the back of the group. Most folks weren't a fan of his kind or his mechanical beast. He pulled his crossbow out just in case, holding it across his lap.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-10, 09:48 AM
Brand sighs as Alter puts himself directly into the mass of complete strangers. He dismounts and directs Braun to stay next to Azrael and his steed. Then he walks to stand beside Alter as his friend works. He eyes the people warily, but makes no move to talk or antagonize them.

Athaleon
2013-09-11, 05:48 PM
Nirallus continued to circle lazily some distance above the group, keeping an eye on the proceedings as he continued to watch the surrounding area.

LittleCarp04
2013-09-11, 06:07 PM
The seeming leader of the caravan eye's your group wearily as Alter jumps off his mount and seems to forget about the potential for danger and begins healing those who seem the worst injured. He takes careful notice of the large mechanus, and Nirallus circling above.

At that the guards lower their weapons and visibly sigh in relief.

"Thank'ee friends. We are headin' to Valls to sell some wares, but were beset by a group of orcs and goblins at the base of the glacier as we rode around it. Luckily they werent very persistent as we tried to keep them off us, but we lost 8 in the fight and many more were injured, and I can't say we even got one." He hangs his head in disgust as he finishes his sentence, then looks up hopefully, " But you lot look rather able bodied. Be wary if you go around the glacier, head to the northside, that way should be less traveled, but far from the group that beset us. If'n you do run into em, just give em hell and bloody them all for us, and our fallen friends.

Would you like anything we have to offer for the aid?" He asks Alter as he is finishing healing a few of the travelers. " We don't have much to offer, but take anything you need."

He points to the back of the wagon behind him, inside you find hard cheese and meats made for traveling, and heavy cloaks with three children wrapped in them, there are a multitude of other packages and crates in the back as well.

razorback
2013-09-11, 09:04 PM
Somber, and out of place on his usually grinning face, Kadul walks up to the three kids and produces a gold coin for each. "For when you get to town... don't let your parents know. Get yourself a toy and a sweet, ok?" he says whisper conspiratorially.
To the leader he says "Tell you what, we could probably use some more rations. Since you are almost at town, how much for the meat and cheeses? The warning you gave more than makes up for any help we have given." he says with a nod.

Beowulf DW
2013-09-11, 09:56 PM
While Kadul discusses rations, Alter leans over to Brand, "Sounds like the dragon's decided to employ security?"

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-11, 10:02 PM
Brand shrugs, although he is not wholly unconcerned by the possibility. After Laurin's bungle, it's not terribly surprising, he says. Even a dragon must not want to have to deal with every interloper that passes through. But I suppose that raises the question: should we take the longer and less-traveled route, or the shorter and enemy-filled route?

Ralasha
2013-09-12, 04:49 AM
Ori, smiling gently, removes her own cloak and wraps it around the group of children, telling them to stay close together for warmth.

She strokes a few brows, ruffles some hair, and heads back over to their leader. "When we get back to town, I'll have something to hopefully make them more comfortable on the road... if you're still there."

((No color coding, is difficult to type or edit on my phone.))

Ori glances about. "Actually. I think we should escort them. But I'll do it on my own if necessary. The dragon can wait. Those children could have died." She looks at the rest of the geoup, waiting for their replies.

Beowulf DW
2013-09-12, 08:10 AM
"I like where your heart's at Ori, but we're only a little ways out from the town. Our presence would probably put their minds at ease...Though I think the best way to help these people would be to show them that the monsters that did this to them no longer walk this earth."

Ralasha
2013-09-12, 12:12 PM
"I agree with your sentiments about the Orcs... However, as you mentioned, we are only a short distance from town, so escorting them can't hurt anything either. I'm doing it either way, I was merely curious if anyone else... perhaps someone who's duty it is... was interested in joining me in protecting the lives of some innocents."

Beowulf DW
2013-09-12, 01:35 PM
"My duty is to protect the innocent, and the best way to do that is to kill an evil dragon that seems to be gathering power as quickly as we can manage. But, very well. For their own peace of mind, then."

razorback
2013-09-12, 03:10 PM
"I agree, we should escort them back to town. We are only a little out of the way and if we can set a good pace, we will have only lost a little time."

PowerGamer
2013-09-12, 03:14 PM
But if we go back, we'll have lost all forward progress thus far Azrael says from the back of Drogon

Ralasha
2013-09-12, 11:22 PM
"What progress? A lot of things can happen between here and town, and you speak as though we are already on the mountain. It doesn't matter, regardless." Ori heads over and takes a spot on one of the wagons, her eyes already scanning the surroundings. "The dragon will still be there."

razorback
2013-09-12, 11:31 PM
Kadul

Kadul lets out a laugh at Onirienla's impudence.
"Aye, if there is something we can be sure of, at least for the next week, I'd imagine, is the sun will rise and set... and the dragon will still be in it's guarded home of ice. Come, no bickering. The sooner we are on our way, and help these people out, the sooner we can be on our way to becoming famous dragon slayers." With that, in an ungainly fashion, he quickly remounts his horse.

Beowulf DW
2013-09-12, 11:48 PM
"Well, back we go, then. We'll set a somewhat faster pace on the backtrack to this backtrack to make up time, eh?"

LittleCarp04
2013-09-15, 01:11 AM
"No such escort is needed friends. The town is a short way, and we are still able to protect ourselves from anything found this close. Just beware the glacier and its foul inhabitants.

Meat and Cheese, hmm how about these portions here?" He motions to 8 bundles wrapped each containing a days worth of meat and cheese. "Two or three gold would take the lot if you have the coin. I udnerstand the price may be high but we do have a buyer in Valls who will be expecting it, but for that price I could convince him I had to let it go."

razorback
2013-09-15, 08:29 AM
Kadul

Reaching into his coin pouch, Kadul produces another 3 gold coins.
"Seems fair enough. Not every day you can replenish your stores while on the road." he says with a sparkle in his eyes.
His tone becomes a bit more somber as he continues "But, while it is still early and you don't need our escort, I suggest you make haste towards town to be there before twilight." as he nods towards the children. "You need to make sure your cargo makes it there whole."

Beowulf DW
2013-09-15, 10:20 AM
"Thank you, and fare well, wherever you may fare. May the favor of the gods go with you."

With that, Alter gets back on his horse and prepares to move out.

Ralasha
2013-09-15, 11:12 AM
Ori hands him a stack of 10 platinum. "Fet those children aome warmer clothing. And hire guards. Or I will hunt you."

LittleCarp04
2013-09-19, 12:21 AM
You and the caravan separate ways, luckily without any aggression from either side. You travel on further and eventually get to a fork, one path leads to the south and is obviously more traveled road, but the caravan leader did mention that the Orcs were that way, and then there is the barely visible north path that leads away from the group of beasts that attacked the caravan.

Which way will you head?

Beowulf DW
2013-09-19, 07:19 AM
"I'm of the opinion that we should deal with the shark before contending with the minnows. If we lose the element of surpris by fighting the orcs first, victory against the dragon will be that much more difficult. Which path will take us around the orcs? We can deal with them later, I think."

razorback
2013-09-19, 07:34 AM
Kadul

Reining in his horse when they reach the fork in the road, he stops and ponders as he scratches at his strawberry blonde hair.
Taking Alters words in, he ponders before responding.
"There is some merit to that. Unless we can overcome the minnows without letting any escape, so they don't alert the shark. Either way, we take the chance. We either take on the dragon and risk being set upon by the riffraff or we take on the orcs and risk altering the dragon to our presence." Spitting on the ground, he finishes "Neither sounds like fun but which carries the most risk or greatest outcome?"

Ralasha
2013-09-19, 07:49 AM
"What is the difference between the dragon knowing, or not knowing really? It isn't going to make it any easier really, unless we did something like poison it. So I don't particularly care. I forgot to buy a compass. Damnation."

She snuggles back teasingly, against the man riding behind her, and holds up the map for his perusal.

razorback
2013-09-20, 08:02 AM
"A few, precious moments of surprise could mean the difference of some, or all, of us surviving when we encounter the beast. Or not."
Shaking off the somber thought, he continues "Either way, we need to make a decision. I think we continue heading for the dragon but if we come across his minions, we deal with them quickly and decisively, leaving none to carry the tale back to the dragon. Then we continue to proceed to the dragon."

PowerGamer
2013-09-20, 12:11 PM
Azrael rides up to the two love birds to look at the map. He looks at it and the paths infront of him. "I'm here for the dragon, not the little buggers, we can take care of them later" he says out loud but more to himself.

Getting his directions mixed up he starts to take the south path thinking the orcs are the other way

Knowledge Geography: [roll0]

Ralasha
2013-09-20, 12:19 PM
"That's south, the caravan said that's the way they came from."

PowerGamer
2013-09-20, 12:51 PM
Azrael stops and looks back confused. "That's what I get for trying to take the lead..." he says as he turns back, his sense of direction is not very good despite his high level of intelligence. He returns to his position at the back of the group

Athaleon
2013-09-21, 01:29 PM
Nirallus descends back down to the group as their hesitancy is obvious even from the air.

After being informed of the dilemma, he weighs in with his own opinion.

"The dragon had apparently been content to chase intruders away from its lair, and not to pursue them beyond that. But if things go south and we have to flee, it'd be better not to have to dodge raiders while carrying wounded, or what have you."

Anxious as the Eidolon was to come to grips with its hated old foes, Nirallus was becoming more hesitant as the scale of their task sunk in. Though he'd have helped escort the caravan in any case, he wondered if he was seizing on these diversions in order to put off the main task.

Ralasha
2013-09-21, 05:26 PM
Ori sighs. "We can argue about this forever, but we have to actually do something."

Ori hops down and starts walking. Away from the orcs. And the town. So using the correct trail.

Beowulf DW
2013-09-21, 10:48 PM
"Ladies first, of course," says Alter as he begins to follow Ori.

razorback
2013-09-22, 06:52 PM
Kadul looks at the others milling around as be responds to Alters comment."Ladies first, indeed." as he heels his horse about and follows Ori.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-22, 08:05 PM
Brand wordlessly nudges his horse after Alter, silently relieved that the affectionate Ori had given him his space back. His mind has kept him busy with scenarios and hypothetical situations as to what they would do when the confront the dragon.

LittleCarp04
2013-09-22, 08:15 PM
The group takes the path avoiding the orc tribe the caravan mentioned. Referring to the map that Ori obtained back in town they see there was a small path that diverged off the main road that winded up the side of the glacier.

Traveling was simple for a ways, but soon it became evident that the horses would be unable to continue much further.

These were not the hearty northern horses made to traverse through freezing temperatures for days on end, and the footing was becoming difficult for the beasts. As you make camp at what appears to be the last clear area before the path goes higher, you hear a deep rumbling from far within the glacier.

Beowulf DW
2013-09-22, 08:47 PM
"Bad dreams, perhaps? Or did he ate something that disagreed with him?" the paladin jokes, even as he tries to hide his concern. That strange mix of fear, exhilaration, and gods knew what else welled up in his belly once again. He always got that feeling before a fight, and Alter had never been able to shake it, even after all these years.

Ralasha
2013-09-22, 11:55 PM
Ori smirks, knowing it is the mountain she turns and looks at the others, "Alright, who's hungry?"

PowerGamer
2013-09-23, 12:33 AM
Azoth and Drogan make it up the clearing. As Ori asks about food, Azoth's stomach growls... "Food sounds nice... I can set up a magical shelter. Where should I center it?" he asks the group as a whole

Tiny hut, 20ft radius on me
none moving once cast
I can't leave it once cast without dispelling, but the rest of you can

Actual spell here.. tiny hut (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/tiny-hut)

Ralasha
2013-09-23, 12:35 AM
Oh! Leomunds Tiny Hut, fit's up to 8 people comfortably? (I didn't follow the link)

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-23, 07:47 AM
Brand looks around the clearing and points at a bare patch of land. There should be good, Azoth, he suggests. He walks over to Braun and casts Endure Elements on the horse. He can't believe that he had forgotten to do so earlier.

PowerGamer
2013-09-23, 01:07 PM
Azoth walks over to the area mentioned. He pulls out a small house shaped trinket and places it on the ground. Around it an opaque bubble starts to form, from the outside it looks like a 40' white dome. Upon entering, it's comfortably warmer than the outside and is magically lit, the transparent walls showing the outside world.

Cast Tiny Hut. We gave it for 18 hrs now :)

razorback
2013-09-23, 02:25 PM
Kadul

Looking a bit guilty after they had been travelling and he had been munching on the goodies procured from the merchants, Kadul says "Yeah... not so hungry, but I wouldn't mind a bit of conversation."

Entering the small hut, he sits and relaxes a bit. "Ah, much better. We warm-blooded southerns could get used to this, I think. What say the rest of you?"

Beowulf DW
2013-09-23, 07:00 PM
"I was raised in a village high in the mountains. The winters could be quite unforgiving. You got used to it after a time, but that doesn't we never enjoyed a warm shelter and a hardy meal," responds Alter as he ducks inside the shelter after making sure that the horses are tied close together to keep each other warm.

Ralasha
2013-09-23, 11:11 PM
Ori steps inside, and then back out with a grunt. She determinedly steps back inside, and begins shedding clothing. "Too warm."

Athaleon
2013-09-25, 12:44 AM
Though the Eidolon was doing all the physical work of flying, Nirallus was exhausted simply from being awake and vigilant for so long. And he couldn't maintain the link in his sleep.

After a well-appreciated but hastily eaten supper, he mumbles his sincere gratitude, practically staggers to the magical shelter, opens his bedroll and promptly collapses in it.

Ralasha
2013-09-25, 01:17 AM
Ori decides to eat, even though she really doesn't need to.