PDA

View Full Version : Ready, Aim, Fire! (Round 5) (Thawing Glaciers)

Silkenfist
2006-12-12, 05:37 PM
The tribe sits together in the last hut that has remained after the storm. Even though it is a clear afternoon, the cold bites into their bones and even the thickest furs fail to keep them warm. Within few years, their green lowlands had become barren. The summers had become short and the winters long and harsh. One after another the herds have moved south and the hunters took longer and longer to return with prey. Since three years no newborn has survived its first winter and last years’ famine took a heavy toll among the eldest. In a few moons it would be too late for the tribe to move over open land – the autumn winds would stop them in their tracks quickly. As the sun goes down behind the horizon, the chief declares his decision. This is the core of the story, you were told as children. There was a time many generations ago, when you had to move south. The long winters followed you on your way south but after a seemingly endless journey, you reached the highlands.
In your new home, life has not been blissful either, but you found some pray, shelter from the wind and enough vegetation to support you through the long winters, while your old home had been turned into a harsh tundra. The hunters who journeyed north returned with gruesome stories about how the remote mountains where covered in snow and ice all of the year. But you are not alone in your exile. Other tribes have taken refuge across the hills as well. As well as you, they are waiting for the right time to return north.
In the many years of your refuge, you have had the time to discover the nature across the hills some more. Among the different tribes, many developments were made. Some tribes managed to extract ore from the hills and use it for weapons, more sharp and light than flint could ever be. Others found a use for the sinews of their prey. Their technique of bow and arrow trumped even the best slingshot in range and deadliness. Other tribes just advanced the axes and knives, they had, to make handling them easier. Some even improved their ability to create and harness the fire. Summer for summer, they longed to reclaim their lands and prepared for a time when the ice would not block their way. Each winter, the lookouts journeyed north to scout for a place that could support their tribe, failing each time.
Once again, the time of the shortest day has begun and the tribes begin to prepare their scouts for the journey, providing them with their best weapons and equipment. Their hopes are high, since the hunters have not reported seeing white mountaintops during the summer. The ice might have retreated again, unveiling a new habitat for them. Of course, if there was a place to live, it would be sought after by all of the tribes. Knowing this, only the quickest and fittest hunters have been chosen for the journeys. With hopeful hearts, they are sent north.
As you leave the village behind you, you are alone on your journey, not knowing what to expect. Carefully, you listen for possible adversaries as you start marching…

To be continued...

How does this game work?

1) Each round, each player sends me a message with his action.

2) There are three possible actions. Shoot yourself, shoot in the air or shoot someone else.

3) Shoot in the Air: This has no effect on you, anybody else or anybodys action.

4) Shoot yourself: If you shoot yourself and noone else tried to shoot you, you die.
4a) If you shoot yourself AND at least one other player tried to shoot you too, you remain alive and all assailants die instead.

5) Shoot someone: You have to specify a certain player that you want to shoot. You shoot that player and they die
5a) Exception: If your victim has tried to shoot itself, you die instead (See 4b)

6) After each round, the survivors are put together in a new standoff and the next round ensues. This continues until there is only one player left.
6a) If all players die simultaneously in one round, that round is repeated.

7) One round will last for about 48 hours, with each update there will be a deadline for your submission.
7a) Players who don't submit an action within the deadline are treated as if they shot the air.
7b) Players who don't submit an action twice in a row are removed from the match.

8) You can't join during a match but once a winner has been determined, there will be a new match with new signups

9) Don't take games too seriously and have fun.

Registration for the round is now open and will end on Thursday 7 PM Eastern. Register by replying here.

Previous Winners
Round 1: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26710) DarkLightDragon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=7519) (14 contestants)
Round 2: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27939) B-Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=2002) (8 capos)
Round 3: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28305) Bookman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=14935) (12 pirates)
Round 4; (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28632) Alarra (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=7141) (16 cowboys)

Possible Themes for Future Rounds
Feudal Japan (Samurai, Ninja, Shogun)
Thirty Year's War
Pop-Science-Fiction (Star Trek, Star Wars)
Highwaymen (Richard Turpin, Tom King)
Matrix
Fighting Jackie Chan style (Drunken Mastery & arbritary use of improvised equipment)
Royal intrigue (Roman senate, Hamlet scenario, Japanese daimyo...)
Snipers

Feel free to submit other themes. Right now, I am applying one of your original suggestions.

Contestants:

Kantur
2006-12-12, 05:39 PM
I'm in! I want my revenge!

Selrahc
2006-12-12, 05:40 PM
I'm in, again.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 05:43 PM
Count me in again.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-12, 05:45 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/llamasicle.gif

I'm in!

evnafets
2006-12-12, 05:56 PM
From a parched desert to a frozen wasteland!
You're not gonna keep me outta this one

Deckmaster
2006-12-12, 05:57 PM
I'll actually try playing this time. Hopefully.

Alarra
2006-12-12, 06:31 PM
Count me in!

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-12-12, 06:33 PM
I'm always up for getting killed.

Alarra
2006-12-12, 06:36 PM
TheChris calls from the kitchen that he would like to be in also.

Bookman
2006-12-12, 06:38 PM
I am as they say in the "biz" "IN"

Lucky
2006-12-12, 06:42 PM
Ready! Fire! Aim!

Whoops. Sorry Kantur.

Count me in!

Khantalas
2006-12-12, 06:46 PM
Me too!!!!

faerwain
2006-12-12, 09:54 PM
Do I really have to state that I'm in again?

Oh, since evnafets is playing again this time: What about trying not to kill us simultaniously this round?

So let's get ready for killing in very cold blood!
One-who-cannot-come-up-with-a-fitting-name-this-time

B-Man
2006-12-12, 10:17 PM
Meh... I'm warm up with a coffee and the blood of my opponents... assuming that I remember that this game exists... :smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2006-12-13, 05:39 AM
I'm in! Sneak attack with a big club!

Silkenfist
2006-12-13, 03:39 PM
Some player statistics so far...

Suicidal Tendencies: B-Man, Kantur (33% suicides)
Nobel Piece Prize:
Homicidal Maniac: Javie Swiftbow (80% homicides)

Biggest Grudges (At least 3 hostile actions in either direction)
Beta vs. faerwain
evnafets vs. faerwain
Kantur vs. Lucky

Lord Herman
2006-12-13, 03:40 PM
Homicidal Maniac: Javie Swiftbow (80% homicides)

That is SO going into my sig :smallbiggrin:

Weebl
2006-12-13, 03:43 PM
I'm in! And I'm going to get myself a stat too!

Like the idea of Feudal Japan by the way. its one of my favourite things to read about. :smallamused:

Lucky
2006-12-13, 05:06 PM
Biggest Grudges
Kantur vs. Lucky

Shhhhhhhhhh... I don't want him to know...

Silkenfist
2006-12-13, 05:28 PM
Shhhhhhhhhh... I don't want him to know...

I think he found out after you attacked him for the third time...

Kantur
2006-12-13, 05:42 PM
I guessed it the second time beyond reasonable doubt really...

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-13, 05:47 PM
Suicidal Tendencies: B-Man, Kantur (33% suicides)

Don't do it! You have so much to live for!

I like the theme ideas. How about a war theme, armies and tactics? I dunno, doesn't sound that great, but may aswell suggest it.

Kantur
2006-12-13, 05:54 PM
Don't do it! You have so much to live for!

I like the theme ideas. How about a war theme, armies and tactics? I dunno, doesn't sound that great, but may aswell suggest it.

But it all seem so hopeless! :smallwink:
Thinking along the war theme slightly...Sniper duel/free-for-all?
Remenants of squads all seperated and fighting to control an area to call in an emergency transport?

evnafets
2006-12-13, 07:45 PM
Oh, since evnafets is playing again this time: What about trying not to kill us simultaniously this round?

But it is our destiny!
We are forever doomed to repeat the same story over and over again, and kill eachother horribly.
But we don't have to do it in the first round if you don't want to.

Silkenfist
2006-12-13, 07:47 PM
Captain: I need a war with a lot of different factions and put down the Thirty Year's War as the only one where there were enough factions and which was long ago enough to not make the game political. (I could write wonderful settings with WWI factions or Afghani warlords, but that wouldn't really be appropiate). If you find a territorial conflict that has no political influence anymore AND has a lot of different parties, I would certainly add it.

Kantur: Sniper shootout sounds cool. Added.

faerwain
2006-12-14, 07:02 AM
But it is our destiny!
We are forever doomed to repeat the same story over and over again, and kill eachother horribly.
But we don't have to do it in the first round if you don't want to.

Oh woe! How shall I, pitiest o' the mortals' ever stand against the unexplainable powers of fate which have put their judgement upon me! So it shall be then!!

Meaning, by talking about "killing horribly" you sold it to me :smallbiggrin: Bwuuahahahhaha....

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-14, 07:05 AM
Please let me in! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Silkenfist
2006-12-14, 08:01 PM
A mild winter breeze blows over the lands. Between the narrow hills, several small shapes flit between the trees, all in the same direction but each on their own.
Why does a tribe send not more then one seeker? There are two reasons not to send more. Firstly, the mission is risky – more than once a scout did not return or returned with illnesses and injuries that disabled him for the rest of his life. The small tribes could not possibly risk losing more than one strong man or woman in one year. The other reason is the fact that in the cold wastelands in the north, there is not much prey to be found. A skilled hunter would certainly be able to support himself for a while but two of them wouldn’t find enough game to keep on going for long.
You all know this reason and accordingly you are surprised that even after travelling several days you still have no problems to find animals easily. Also except for the patches covered by snow, the vegetation is intact. Your hopes to find a place to dwell increase but you don’t see one yet. Even though you can keep going easily, you will need to find large patches of edible vegetation, a stream of water and good prey in reach to move back with your tribe. In order to fulfill those needs, you keep watching for big trails to follow.
The Weichsel Ice Age has been the last big ice age in the are, which would later be known as Central Europe. For a long time the climate cooled and glaciers moved from the North to Germany and Poland, pushing away most of the mammals who couldn’t cope with the new climate. While the ice moved south, humans travelled north, sending a large wave of homo sapiens from Africa to claim new ground. When the Ice Age ceased and the glaciers retread, the humans followed the snow line, demanding the new lands for them – and their respective tribe.
After you have found the new snow line, you start scouting the area. Sooner or later, you will notice a large trail – footprints of a kind you have never seen before. Eagerly, you follow the trail that leads you north even farther, where the patches of green become increasingly rare. After following the trail for some time, you find a valley enclosed between a range of mountains. As you enter the valley, you almost stop breathing. Within sight, you see a large herd of towering beasts, each being as tall as two men and as long as three, bearing a brown fur and gargantuan tusks. But you also see smaller animals running through the underbrush at the edge of the large valley, that forms a green spot between the snow. This could be the perfect habitat for your tribe to return. Enthusiastically, you scout through the valley, admiring its beauty – but inevitably you also notice that you are not alone…
You don’t even know who screamed first but suddenly you stand vigil and recognize each other at various points inside the valley. More than a dozen scouts of as many tribes has found the secluded place. One tribe could dwell there, and given its easily defendable position everything would depend on which tribe would reach the valley first. As the scouts stare at each other, they all come to the same conclusion. They ready their primitive weaponry to make sure, none of the other tribes would find a returning scout.

Please submit your action. Deadline is Sunday, 3 PM Eastern

Contestants: 16
Alarra
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
Captain van der Decken
Darklightdragon
B-Man
Bookman
Deckmaster
El Jaspero the Pirate King
evnafets
faerwain
Javie Swiftbow
Kantur
Khantalas
Lucky
Selrahc
The Chris
weebl

:vaarsuvius:: The almighty Player Statistics thread. Check out your adversaries (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29553)

:roy:: The Hall of Fame (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1686881#post1686881)

faerwain
2006-12-14, 08:19 PM
Great opening!
You should really write stories(do you?)

Besides- do you ever sleep ?:smallwink:

TheChris
2006-12-14, 09:38 PM
Oh....guess i wont be playing then. That's okay, I'll just read them again.

Silkenfist
2006-12-14, 11:19 PM
Oh....guess i wont be playing then. That's okay, I'll just read them again.

Are, too. Just added you :)

Lord Herman
2006-12-15, 02:11 PM
Blimey, by trying to keep my title of #1 homicidal maniac, I'm forcing myself into one partictular (and predictable) strategy... so what's more important to me, keeping my title or winning the game?

*ponders*

Hivemind Ghost
2006-12-15, 03:13 PM
Aww, I wanted to try this, too.

Oh well, always next time.

Silkenfist
2006-12-17, 03:48 PM
While battle rages inside the basin, fierce winter rages outside, freezing gusts of wind blowing occassionally over the mountains. Oblivious to them, Darklightdragon sits down on one of the plateaus, observing the action below and pondering her plan. But she is so absorbed that she doesn't even notice how the winds blow layers after layer of snow on her, then harden it with their pressure. After a few hours, the noble dragon has become naught more than an icy ornament on the top of the glacier...
Meanwhile in the valley, plans had been made - together with some short-term alliances. Alarra and Selrahc have decided to join forces in a combined effort to take out one of their adversaries while Khantalas, faerwain and the Captain are still negotiating how to proceed. The only ones who chose solitude are evnafets, who keeps trying to avoid faerwain, and Bookman whose feeble mind had suffered from the pressure of it all.
Finally Bookman has made up his mind and decides to end his life as honorably as it is possible. Not exactly knowing how, he looks around to find a way. Meanwhile an open argument between Kanthalas, faerwain and the Captain has ensued and it seems like a battle between them was only a matter of time.
Also, the other inhabitants of the place have spotted the humans. The mammoths are calmly approaching the scattered group, keeping a bit of a distance and eyeing them curiously. Bookman is the first to notice them and he comes to a pompous conclusion: Wouldn't it be a great way to go if it was during a duel with one of these beasts. He grabs his spear and walks towards the largest bull, ready to throw himself into it - When suddenly Alarra and Selrahc come running up from behind. They had chosen Bookman to be their target and try to intimidate him by charging him while screaming. Unfortunately for them, they only unsettle the mammoth bull, who decides to sway away from Bookman and trample those overly loud disturbers instead.
This scene has been noticed by the arguing trio who happens to stand closely to the rest of the herd. Clearly these large beasts could be used to eliminate their opponents. If Bookman had success with his tactic, they should have it, too. They all come to the same conclusion and throw themselves into the tusks of the large bulls. However, for them there is noone to divert the beasts away...
Mere seconds later, three simple mammoth minds become occupied with the questions, what these strange thing impaled on their tusks is and how they could get rid of it. And while three bulls try to rub their teeth on the ground, evnafets approaches them carefully to see that his nemesis is truly dead. He jubilates and - for the festivity of the event - kicks the battered corpse of Selrahc for a few minutes to demonstrate his happiness and determination. Then, he goes searching for Bookman to engage him in the final battle...

Please submit your action. Deadline is Thursday, 6 PM Eastern

Sapients: 2
Bookman
evnafets

Neanderthals: 15
Deckmaster
The Chris
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
weebl
Lucky
Javie Swiftbow
Kantur
B-Man
faerwain
Khantalas
Selrahc
Alarra
Captain van der Decken
Darklightdragon

:vaarsuvius:: The almighty Player Statistics thread. Check out your adversaries (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29553)

:roy:: The Hall of Fame (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1686881#post1686881)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-17, 04:29 PM
At least I took someone with me this time.

Wonderful story, Silkenfist!

Lord Herman
2006-12-17, 04:37 PM
Drat! Out in the first round again!

But again, well written. And it's good to see the list of contestants grows with every round.

faerwain
2006-12-17, 04:41 PM
Ha!! That will teach you, sky god!

Fantastic description again - thanks for all your work you're putting into it. It's really fun to play.
Hey, according to the statistics I'm now the Gandhi of this game (Hint, hint to avatar-makers:smalltongue: )!

EDIT: :biggrin: And by posting this, I realize for the first time that still-lord-herman has changed his former swiftbow to a stone age one- awesome!

Selrahc
2006-12-17, 04:42 PM
I laughed my ass off at that sky god bit.:smallbiggrin:

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-17, 04:55 PM
Sky god= Brilliance.

Bookman
2006-12-17, 04:56 PM
Me smash good!

Silkenfist
2006-12-17, 05:09 PM
Thanks for your appreciation. Also, we have new players in the statisics thread, among them the notorious evnafets and Lucky PLUS we have a new title, which seems to be custom-made for Alarra *scratches head*

Lucky
2006-12-17, 05:12 PM
mumble mumble mumble... Stupid Kantur... not shooting me... mumble mumble mumble. :smalltongue:

Weebl
2006-12-18, 11:23 AM
Weebl like using ice shards! They pack big punch!

Kantur
2006-12-18, 06:35 PM
mumble mumble mumble... Stupid Lucky... not shooting me... mumble mumble mumble. :smalltongue:

:smalltongue:

Silkenfist
2006-12-19, 02:03 PM
Two small announcements:

1) The current round ends in a few hours. I still need two actions.

2) Later today/tomorrow, I will launch a new game which will be a crossbreed of Ready, Aim, Fire!, Werewolf, Heal/Hurt and the OOTS board game. Be prepared.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-19, 02:12 PM
:eek: Sounds complicated.

Alarra
2006-12-19, 02:52 PM
*is very intrigued*

faerwain
2006-12-19, 06:23 PM
I doubt that 4 games I never played will increase my chance of survival, but what the heck, I'll try of course

Silkenfist
2006-12-19, 07:18 PM
While battle rages inside the basin, fierce winter rages outside, freezing gusts of wind blowing occassionally over the mountains. Oblivious to them, Darklightdragon sits down on one of the plateaus, observing the action below and pondering her plan. But she is so absorbed that she doesn't even notice how the winds blow layers after layer of snow on her, then harden it with their pressure. After a few hours, the noble dragon has become naught more than an icy ornament on the top of the glacier...
Meanwhile in the valley, plans had been made - together with some short-term alliances. Alarra and Selrahc have decided to join forces in a combined effort to take out one of their adversaries while Khantalas, faerwain and the Captain are still negotiating how to proceed. The only ones who chose solitude are evnafets, who keeps trying to avoid faerwain, and Bookman whose feeble mind had suffered from the pressure of it all.
Finally Bookman has made up his mind and decides to end his life as honorably as it is possible. Not exactly knowing how, he looks around to find a way. Meanwhile an open argument between Kanthalas, faerwain and the Captain has ensued and it seems like a battle between them was only a matter of time.
Also, the other inhabitants of the place have spotted the humans. The mammoths are calmly approaching the scattered group, keeping a bit of a distance and eyeing them curiously. Bookman is the first to notice them and he comes to a pompous conclusion: Wouldn't it be a great way to go if it was during a duel with one of these beasts. He grabs his spear and walks towards the largest bull, ready to throw himself into it - When suddenly Alarra and Selrahc come running up from behind. They had chosen Bookman to be their target and try to intimidate him by charging him while screaming. Unfortunately for them, they only unsettle the mammoth bull, who decides to sway away from Bookman and trample those overly loud disturbers instead.
This scene has been noticed by the arguing trio who happens to stand closely to the rest of the herd. Clearly these large beasts could be used to eliminate their opponents. If Bookman had success with his tactic, they should have it, too. They all come to the same conclusion and throw themselves into the tusks of the large bulls. However, for them there is noone to divert the beasts away...
Mere seconds later, three simple mammoth minds become occupied with the questions, what these strange thing impaled on their tusks is and how they could get rid of it. And while three bulls try to rub their teeth on the ground, evnafets approaches them carefully to see that his nemesis is truly dead. He jubilates and - for the festivity of the event - kicks the battered corpse of Selrahc for a few minutes to demonstrate his happiness and determination. Then, he goes searching for Bookman to engage him in the final battle...

Please submit your action. Deadline is Thursday, 6 PM Eastern

Sapients: 2
Bookman
evnafets

Neanderthals: 15
Deckmaster
The Chris
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
weebl
Lucky
Javie Swiftbow
Kantur
B-Man
faerwain
Khantalas
Selrahc
Alarra
Captain van der Decken
Darklightdragon

Bookman
2006-12-20, 12:01 AM
WOooooooooo!

Selrahc
2006-12-20, 03:07 AM
Curse you Bookman *shakes fist in anger*

faerwain
2006-12-20, 05:56 AM
ARRRGH! evnafets was supposed to shoot me! What's that for a world when you can't even trust your blood enemy?

Lord Herman
2006-12-20, 01:30 PM
Blood for the blood god!

Now for the final showdown... my bet's on Bookman.

v, don't worry. In the third round, evnafets is going down.

Bookman
2006-12-20, 01:32 PM
Blood for the blood god!

Now for the final showdown... my bet's on Bookman.
Great........now I have pressure to perform.......

Khantalas
2006-12-20, 01:39 PM
I am expecting both parties to shoot themselves. Yes, I'm insane.

Weebl
2006-12-20, 01:46 PM
I expect that one either 1, both or neither will die. Taking bets now! Bookman win is 10:1! Evnafets win is 11:1! Both of them die horribly is 15:1! Niether of them die is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000:1!

Bookman
2006-12-20, 03:05 PM
I expect that one either 1, both or neither will die. Taking bets now! Bookman win is 10:1! Evnafets win is 11:1! Both of them die horribly is 15:1! Niether of them die is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000:1!

Well it's impossible for both of us to die........if we both die we just restart the round.

And how come he has better odds?! *is offended* :wink:

Lord Herman
2006-12-20, 03:12 PM
And how come he has better odds?! *is offended* :wink:

That's so when you win, I get more money off my bet, of course.

edit: oh wait, I think your odds are better than his. And I get less money. Drat.

evnafets
2006-12-20, 03:13 PM
I have better odds?
They're paying out more if I win - which means he thinks it is more likely you will win rather than me.

I'll wager 10 arrows and a mammoth hide on Bookman for the win!
hold on a sec...

Silkenfist
2006-12-20, 05:45 PM
The sun settles behind the glaciers in the west. It had been a bloody day that already caused the deaths of fifteen cavemen scouts in the struggle to be the only discoverer of the pristine resort. Only two scouts remain on the hunt for each other. However, the violence in the past hours had significant effects on them. While evnafets has turned spiritual and gone back to the traditional roots of his clan, Bookman feels invigorated by the death of his enemies.
From her icy crypt atop the glacier, the Darklightdragonstatue oversees the valley and in its centre Bookman, smearing his face with the blood of his enemies and carving evnafets name into each of his arrows. He even replaces his bowstring with a sinew, he freshly cuts out of the Llama who was shot earlier (and that is determined to seriously confuse theories of herd movements of archaeologists thousands of years later). Finally, he feels prepared for the final confrontation and proceeds to track down evnafets.
Only minutes later, Bookman finds his target, seemingly entranced in meditation. He hides behind a few rocks and carefully takes aim at evnafet's heart - before shaking his head and reaiming. Clearly, he could take him out right now, but where would be the fun in that? Instead, he fires an arrow into the three next to evnafets, then runs towards him chanting a crude war song of his tribe.
Evnafets horrifiedly turns away and flees but the mountains cut off his way. Expecting an arrow any second, he runs into a small cave, then readies his club to strike Bookman, should he follow. The latter, however, doesn't think so and lurks around the cave with one of his "evnafets-arrows" ready. He knows that it is only a matter of time until his opponent would have to come out. He smiles and waits...
Evnafets realizes that Bookman won't charge him and that he is, in fact, completely screwed. He cowers in a corner, trying to find an answer, when he notices his traditional necklace with the cuneiform writing: "WWTEGD"
What would the Earth God do? asks evnafets himself because this would help him, too. The obvious answer strikes him immediately. "Kill the sky god", he shouts, grabs his club and runs out to defeat the evil nemesis once and for all. But he doesn't make it even as far as the entrance. Bookman had been waiting outside and put two arrows into evnafet's chest as soon as he had revealed himself.
With a grim smile, Bookman finishes evnafet's life with his crude stone dagger, then lets loose a long victory howl. The valley belongs to the Bookman tribe and he alone would take credit for its discovery. He gathers the weapons and provisions of his dead adversaries, equips himself for his way home, then heads off to meet his tribe again.

Congratulations Bookman for winning Round 5 of Ready, Aim, Fire!

Ready, Aim, Fire! will go into Christmas Break for a few days. The macabre slash fan wishes you Happy Holidays.

faerwain
2006-12-20, 07:00 PM
*Silkenfest leaves his stage for the christmas break under standing ovation from faerwain*

Great work again! Llama +archaeology, sky god + ootS quotes made me really laugh. Thanks for the fun so far, and count me in for next year's deathmatches

Bookman
2006-12-21, 01:21 AM
WOooooooooo!

I WIN!

Ok ya'll have a point about the odds.

I can't do gamblin' :biggrin:

but I sure as heck can kill people

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-21, 01:26 AM
The not doing anything at all approach I took was an experiment to see what happened. That, and I couldn't be bothered playing anyway, which is why I decided to turn it into an experiment.

Slartibartfast
2007-01-01, 09:30 PM
I stolidly plan to shoot someone dead. Then shoot the survivors dead. Then drop some atom bombs on the corpses just to be safe. Then machine gun what's left of the ashes. Finally, I think I'll take whatever remains and dump it off the waterfall at the edge of the world, along with liquid-nitrogen covered plutonium in a container made of dynomite stuck together with dried lighter fluid well covered in gasoline for insulation. That holds 50 liters.

Oh yeah, I am so in. :smallamused:

faerwain
2007-01-02, 09:04 AM
(endless-detailled-rant-about-horrible-ways-of-killing-a-person-over-and-over-again)

Oh yeah, I am so in. :smallamused:

Wow, someone has really kept his "Evil Overlord" lessons in mind...

I think you will fit in here very well :smallbiggrin:

Weebl
2007-01-02, 10:34 AM
Wow, someone has really kept his "Evil Overlord" lessons in mind...

I think you will fit in here very well :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, I gotta remember my "Criminal Mastermind" lessons, "Evil Overlord" lectures and my lessons in "Communist Dictatorship"! I got a Masters in two of them! :smallamused:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-03, 01:53 PM
sounds like fun, you can count me in if there's still room.

faerwain
2007-01-03, 03:03 PM
It's a new round, you can join in here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1771456#post1771456)