PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Building Advice (FR)

AmbientRaven
2013-07-28, 03:19 AM
Hi Guys!

So i know this is my second class building advice thread recently, but my last character I made ended up being the groups kill pony. And we already had 2 other skill ponies better than me. But our Cleric disappeared so I opted to fill this role instead.

Problem is i have NO idea how to build an effective cleric.
The group consists of a Crusader, Barbarian, Druid, illusionist Spellthief (a mage type rogue) and a Rogue

I'll be starting at level 2 with 1k Gold and a 32pt buy in. Races are to only come from the players handbook, forgotten realms campaign setting and any other forgotten realms supplement book (Races of Faerun, Shining South, Silver Marches, Unapproachable east, etc) and Accepted Classes include any in the core or complete books, exalted deeds, champions of valor, complete champion, basically any book that has to do with good classes and is an official source (NO HOME BREW PLEASE, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)

I am looking at either a follower of Lathander heading into Morning Lord of Lathander or a Divine Disciple. Focusing on a buffer/healer and a bit of caster damage (as we have lots of melee damageers)
Problem is I am not so sure about domains or how to spend my 32 pts
nor useful equipment for a Cleric ><

Sticking to pre-spellplague lore, could i be a priest of Aumentor with Sun and Planning domain?
I would love Sun and Travel domain but no deity grants both form my research

Any tips/advise would be fantastic :)

-AR

Thanks for your time!

Scots Dragon
2013-07-28, 05:28 AM
Non-evil deities who grant the travel domain include...

Standard Pantheon

Akadi (N). Has the air, illusion, travel and trickery domains.

Gwaeron Windstrom (NG). Has the animal, good, knowledge, plant and travel domains.

Haor (LN). Has the fate, law, retribution and travel domains.

Istishia (N). Has the destruction, ocean, storm, travel and water domains.

Kelemvor (LN). Has the death, fate, law, protection and travel domains.

Mielikki (NG). Has the animal, good, plant and travel domains.

Oghma (N). Has the charm, knowledge, luck, travel and trickery domains.

Selune (CG). Has the chaos, good, moon, protection and travel domains.

Sharess (CG). Has the chaos, charm, good, travel and trickery domains.

Shaundakul (CN). Has the air, chaos, portral, protection, trade and travel domains.

Tymora (CG). Has the chaos, good, luck, protection and travel domains.

Waukeen (N). Has the knowledge, protection, trade and travel domains.

Dwarven Pantheon

Marthammor Duin (NG). Has the dwarf, good, protection and travel domains.

Elven Pantheon

Fenmaril Mestarine (CN). Has the animal, chaos, elf, plant and travel domains.

Sehanine Moonbow (CG). Has the chaos, elf, good, illusion, knowledge, moon and travel domains.

Gnome Pantheon

Baervan Wildwanderer (NG). Has the animal, gnome, good, plant and travel domains.

Halfling Pantheon

Brandobaris (N). Has the halfling, luck, travel and trickery domains.

For great justice effectiveness, forget the sun domain and be an elven worshipper of Sehanine Moonbow. Pick up the zen archery feat at some point and you'd basically become a divine sniper.