PDA

View Full Version : Conquering Aatos [PTA]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-28, 01:01 PM
Welcome to Conquering Aatos, the sequel to Exploring Aatos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272596). We follow four brave souls as they journey through the medieval world of pokemon and priests known as Aatos. This is their story:

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-28, 01:05 PM
I was, but I do need to talk some business with you. I was unsure how the Hand handles leaves of absence. I have been offered a position on an expedition to the Crimson Cliffs, leaving in 8 days.

Now that she was sure that you were talking business, Mar broke out of her reverie to eye you. When she spoke, the slur was gone and her voice was as sharp as it normally was. Well, I suppose it should be alright. I won't plan any jobs for you or your team anytime in the near future then. Who offered you the position?

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-28, 01:14 PM
Oscar wasn't really a party person, and had no desire to stay here to enjoy the festivities. May as well see if we can track down these captains.

Cha: [roll0]
Wis: [roll1]

You noticed a man with the emblem of the Miolotic Scale seducing a woman in a back alleyway, and you found what must be the vice captain of the Lady Lyra enjoying a drink while watching a fire breathing show. You figured he was fist mate because he didn't have the air of a captain, but his clothes were way too nice to be anything but a high ranking officer.

IrnBruAddict
2013-07-28, 01:29 PM
Oscar approaches the man from the Lyra, since the other was ... indisposed.

'Can I buy you a drink?' he asks, approaching the sailor. 'I'd appreciate a chance to talk business with one of the crew of that fine boat the Lady Lyra.'

Umm, cha?: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-28, 09:36 PM
Now that she was sure that you were talking business, Mar broke out of her reverie to eye you. When she spoke, the slur was gone and her voice was as sharp as it normally was. Well, I suppose it should be alright. I won't plan any jobs for you or your team anytime in the near future then. Who offered you the position?

A group called Yazzen. They say they specialize in acquiring rare and desirable pokemon.

MintyNinja
2013-07-29, 02:04 PM
The tunnels were small and cramped; you often had to duck to avoid scraping your head on the low ceiling. It wound for quite a while before gradually sloping upwards. Eventually the tunnel turned into a staircase that ended in a trapdoor. A soft light filtered through the cracks of the door.

Okay, Torch, just like before. Go see if it's safe, Theo thought to the Litwick. So much of his success depended on that one pokemon tonight, he seriously owed him. He'd have to look into treats or similar rewards once he had a chance. Maybe someone at the Absol Horn would be able to point him in the right direction.

Major
2013-07-29, 04:15 PM
"I enjoy my movement and speed. So I'd hope to nab something that restricts my movement as much as possible. As for type armor...uhhhh, I'm not entirely sure. So far I know that the general that seems to be leading the attack uses dark and poison types. But I've not found much else about him in the library."

Holy ****, second thread already.

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-29, 05:42 PM
Oscar approaches the man from the Lyra, since the other was ... indisposed.

'Can I buy you a drink?' he asks, approaching the sailor. 'I'd appreciate a chance to talk business with one of the crew of that fine boat the Lady Lyra.'

Umm, cha?: [roll0]

Well I certainly won't say no tah a drink now will I? Though I'm afraid the Lady's all booked up at the moment. No more room for merchants to sneak their goods on board to squeak a profit. No sirree.

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-29, 05:46 PM
A group called Yazzen. They say they specialize in acquiring rare and desirable pokemon.

Hmmm. I've never heard of them. I never thought you to be a capture man though. I suppose it none of my business what you get yourself into. Well, if there's nothing else, I'm afraid I must rest. The whiskey has gone to my head, and it is time for the sun to set for now. I shall inform you if I need your services between now and your trip.

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-29, 05:48 PM
Okay, Torch, just like before. Go see if it's safe, Theo thought to the Litwick. So much of his success depended on that one pokemon tonight, he seriously owed him. He'd have to look into treats or similar rewards once he had a chance. Maybe someone at the Absol Horn would be able to point him in the right direction.

The litwick vanished and returned. It quickly gave you the signal for 'Not Safe'. Somebody, or something, was on the other side of that trapdoor.

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-29, 05:49 PM
"I enjoy my movement and speed. So I'd hope to nab something that restricts my movement as much as possible. As for type armor...uhhhh, I'm not entirely sure. So far I know that the general that seems to be leading the attack uses dark and poison types. But I've not found much else about him in the library."

Holy ****, second thread already.

Well Steel type is always a safe bet. It resists Dark and is immune to Poison, so it would be well suited to this task. It's bad against some common attacking types like fire and ground though, so you'll have to be careful.

Armor costs 3,000 + 100/level of the armor. Type shift costs 1600 and lowers reduction base by 1. You have up to 6000 to spend on armor. You do not get to pocket the left over.

IrnBruAddict
2013-07-29, 06:34 PM
'And would there be enough room for a person aboard?' Oscar flags down a couple ales for the two of them.

'Only cargo I need transported is what I wear upon my back.'

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-29, 06:49 PM
Hmmm. I've never heard of them. I never thought you to be a capture man though. I suppose it none of my business what you get yourself into. Well, if there's nothing else, I'm afraid I must rest. The whiskey has gone to my head, and it is time for the sun to set for now. I shall inform you if I need your services between now and your trip.

Janan nodded and took his leave. He took a scenic route around town, making his way towards his little network of spies.

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-29, 08:35 PM
'And would there be enough room for a person aboard?' Oscar flags down a couple ales for the two of them.

'Only cargo I need transported is what I wear upon my back.'

That depends on whether or not you have 1,500 Gold to pay your way aboard. If you've got it, we sail tomorrow morning at sunrise.

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-29, 08:37 PM
Janan nodded and took his leave. He took a scenic route around town, making his way towards his little network of spies.

You found your little gang of children in their usual spot. They looked a little better than usual, apparently your meals were making them look less like skeletons and more like humans.

Hello old man! Linnea gushed when she saw you. You come to ask about the slave girl?

Cause we ain't seen hide nor hair of her.

We're thinking about checking other parts of the market, but we've never had to do that before.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-29, 08:41 PM
You know, thats a great idea. Would you go do that for me and I'll be right here waiting for you with a treat for ya. Janan grins widely, happy that he was making a difference, in whatever way he could.

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-29, 10:04 PM
You know, thats a great idea. Would you go do that for me and I'll be right here waiting for you with a treat for ya. Janan grins widely, happy that he was making a difference, in whatever way he could.

Not so fast, a voice growled. A burly man stepped out from behind the corner and pushed two of the kids back towards you. Another, thinner man comes around the corner too. Both had large wooden clubs propped on their shoulders. Once you give us all your money, they can run off and search for whoever the muk you'd like.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-29, 10:18 PM
Janan snapped into action. He didn't have patience for thugs, especially one's who picked on kids. Orphans no less! He twirled the curved blade, slicing at the man nearest him, as Patience lept forward, energy pulse in his palm. How bout no.

Arms Attack AC 4 Physical Normal vs. Nearest Thug
[roll0]
[roll1]
Force Palm AC 2 Physical Fighting Paras 18+ vs. Same Target
[roll2]
[roll3]

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-30, 07:28 PM
Janan snapped into action. He didn't have patience for thugs, especially one's who picked on kids. Orphans no less! He twirled the curved blade, slicing at the man nearest him, as Patience lept forward, energy pulse in his palm. How bout no.

Arms Attack AC 4 Physical Normal vs. Nearest Thug
[roll0]
[roll1]
Force Palm AC 2 Physical Fighting Paras 18+ vs. Same Target
[roll2]
[roll3]

The man takes the scythe to the leg, but blocks Patience's attack by conjuring a shining blue shield out of thin air. Ughh people who fight are the worst.

They slam their clubs at the two of you. You take 21 physical normal damage, and Patience gets hit in the head and takes 29 physical normal battle.

IrnBruAddict
2013-07-30, 07:39 PM
'I'll have it by the morning' says Oscar as he walks away. He needed to find a fight with a bet to cover his fees, he only had $1000 on him. While not the type to battle others pokemon for sport, it looked like he had little choice.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-30, 07:56 PM
Patience yelps in pain, a sphere of energy coalescing in his hands, which explodes into the Thug who attacked him. And Thugs who attack kids are even worse. Janan changed targets, attacking the uninjured one.

Counter: Deals 50 Unblockable Undodgeable damage to the Injured one
[roll0] Arms AC 4 Physical Normal
[roll1]

Major
2013-07-31, 12:07 AM
"So...you think Steel would be the best then and just do my best to avoid fire?" Ovelia asks as she wanders around the shops.

So, with light armor having a base reduction of 1, can I type shift it since it can't go any lower?

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-31, 10:32 PM
'I'll have it by the morning' says Oscar as he walks away. He needed to find a fight with a bet to cover his fees, he only had $1000 on him. While not the type to battle others pokemon for sport, it looked like he had little choice.

After a bit of looking, you found some options that could yield money in addition to battling. While there was a ring where people could participate in matches for a crowd, you could bet on the matches instead to try and make a quick buck. Games of dice were going on all over the place, or you could try your hand at putting on a show for tips like so many other street performers.

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-31, 10:35 PM
Patience yelps in pain, a sphere of energy coalescing in his hands, which explodes into the Thug who attacked him. And Thugs who attack kids are even worse. Janan changed targets, attacking the uninjured one.

Counter: Deals 50 Unblockable Undodgeable damage to the Injured one
[roll0] Arms AC 4 Physical Normal
[roll1]

The man grunted in pain and staggered, but he still managed to slam his club into Patience for 22 physical noral damage. Get the rat he roared to his the second thug, who changed his target to the Riolu. His swing was rushed however, and Patience easily dodged the sloppy blow.

CosmicOccurence
2013-07-31, 10:39 PM
"So...you think Steel would be the best then and just do my best to avoid fire?" Ovelia asks as she wanders around the shops.

So, with light armor having a base reduction of 1, can I type shift it since it can't go any lower?

You would have effective reduction base 0 and only subtract STAB from damage (only 1 point difference at the moment though).

Well its your armor, so I'm not going to tell you what to buy, but Steel can be a good choice when used properly. I know a lot of knights who use it.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-31, 11:14 PM
Patience yelps as the thug bludgeons him. He holds on for a moment longer, before falling unconscious. Janan grits his teeth. He's a jackal! Fury! Fury erupts from his pokeball in Janan's hand, swiping at Thug 1 and 2, as Janan brought his scythe in a deadly arc against Thug 1.

He also returned Patience, but thats not as fun to do mid-righteous vengeance.
[roll0] Arms Attack v. Thug 1 AC 4 Physical Normal
[roll1]
Wing Attack vs. Thug 2 (AC 2) and Thug 1 (AC 4) Physical Flying
[roll2] Thug 2
[roll3]
[roll4] Thug 1
[roll5]

Major
2013-08-01, 02:34 AM
"Fair enough, but I trust your input." Ovelia said as she headed to look at various types of Steel Light Armor.

Am I able to pitch in some of my cash to add to the level? Thinking adding 100 so I can get level 15 steel light armor (6100 if I did math right) Would go for more, but I'll probably be spending cash on healing supplies :P

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-01, 06:34 AM
Oscar wasn't one for performing, and gambling would leave his chances in the hands of fate. Better he succeed or fail by his own hand. He takes a place in waiting to battle in the ring.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-01, 09:48 PM
Patience yelps as the thug bludgeons him. He holds on for a moment longer, before falling unconscious. Janan grits his teeth. He's a jackal! Fury! Fury erupts from his pokeball in Janan's hand, swiping at Thug 1 and 2, as Janan brought his scythe in a deadly arc against Thug 1.

He also returned Patience, but thats not as fun to do mid-righteous vengeance.
[roll0] Arms Attack v. Thug 1 AC 4 Physical Normal
[roll1]
Wing Attack vs. Thug 2 (AC 2) and Thug 1 (AC 4) Physical Flying
[roll2] Thug 2
[roll3]
[roll4] Thug 1
[roll5]

Thug one should be unconcious. Somehow, he managed to keep himself awake through pure willpower and experience. He had obviously been in this state before, as his swings struck the dragon for 19 damage, while his partner also aimed a swing at the dragon for 20 damage.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-01, 09:49 PM
"Fair enough, but I trust your input." Ovelia said as she headed to look at various types of Steel Light Armor.

Am I able to pitch in some of my cash to add to the level? Thinking adding 100 so I can get level 15 steel light armor (6100 if I did math right) Would go for more, but I'll probably be spending cash on healing supplies :P

You can add in your own cash. I need to figure out some sort of salary thing for you, since you don't get paid on commission or anything.

There were many types of armor on display, although armor with modifications for ... female body parts were much fewer. Still, you could get a good set of armor for a price that wasn't exorbitant. Most were plain or lowly ornamented, although one suit, well out of your price range, was encrusted with rubies and sapphires. It was also guarded by a contingent of Conkledurrs.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-01, 09:52 PM
Oscar wasn't one for performing, and gambling would leave his chances in the hands of fate. Better he succeed or fail by his own hand. He takes a place in waiting to battle in the ring.

You were asked to put your name and information up on a chalkboard. You were to list what kind of battle you wanted (single, double, tag, human v human,), and you experience level. You would be paired up with an appropriate match when all information had been considered.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-01, 09:53 PM
Janan swung an arm around, a pulse of energy surging at Thug 1 before his blow landed. Fury (who is up regardless), continues his furious assault.Stay down!

Vacuum Wave on Thug 1 as Interrupt, AC 2 Special Fighting
[roll0]
[roll1]
Wing Attack AC 2/4 Physical Flying
[roll2] VS Thug 2
[roll3]
[roll4] VS Thug 1
[roll5]

Major
2013-08-01, 10:35 PM
"What's with the crazy priced armor?" Ovelia asks Sir Zairon as she points out the suit as she looks around and finds one that seems to work. She was limited in option due to her bust, but luckily it seemed there were at least a few options. She didn't need a fancy one, as long as it worked.

Alright, let's go with a steel light armor level 15

Are armors able to be 'upgraded' later on by the way? Same with weapons?

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-02, 06:30 AM
Oscar writes his name as Beacon Knight Astora, and under experience he just puts 'well experienced', unsure of how else to phrase his skill level. He then writes that he's looking for a 3 vs 3 single battle.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-02, 07:52 PM
"What's with the crazy priced armor?" Ovelia asks Sir Zairon as she points out the suit as she looks around and finds one that seems to work. She was limited in option due to her bust, but luckily it seemed there were at least a few options. She didn't need a fancy one, as long as it worked.

Alright, let's go with a steel light armor level 15

Are armors able to be 'upgraded' later on by the way? Same with weapons?

Well they are the best armory in the realm. Of course they're going to have a couple showy pieces.

After you pay for the armor and leave the store, your Knight-Master inquires as to your plans for the rest of your time before you leave.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-02, 07:56 PM
Janan swung an arm around, a pulse of energy surging at Thug 1 before his blow landed. Fury (who is up regardless), continues his furious assault.Stay down!

Vacuum Wave on Thug 1 as Interrupt, AC 2 Special Fighting
[roll0]
[roll1]
Wing Attack AC 2/4 Physical Flying
[roll2] VS Thug 2
[roll3]
[roll4] VS Thug 1
[roll5]

Thug 1 gets in one more good whack at Fury for 23 damage before fainting. Thug 2 keeps on wailing away at the dragon for 20 damage.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-02, 07:57 PM
Oscar writes his name as Beacon Knight Astora, and under experience he just puts 'well experienced', unsure of how else to phrase his skill level. He then writes that he's looking for a 3 vs 3 single battle.

You were quickly paired up against a regular, a regular who happened to be wearing the crest of the Shooting Star ship. He walked onto the field, which was a simple sphere surrounded by bleachers full of screaming fans. An odd looking pokemon with a long, thin body accompanied him. A quick look at the betting board showed that spectators were betting 3:2 in your opponent's favor.

MintyNinja
2013-08-02, 09:15 PM
The litwick vanished and returned. It quickly gave you the signal for 'Not Safe'. Somebody, or something, was on the other side of that trapdoor.

That's not good. Can you make a distraction? Set a fire down the street? Theo asked Torch. He needed that exit, He wasn't too happy about a straight up fight. As a newly forming habit, he began to drain the light out of the tunnel, filling it with shadows.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-02, 09:51 PM
Thug 1 gets in one more good whack at Fury for 23 damage before fainting. Thug 2 keeps on wailing away at the dragon for 20 damage.

Janan curses under his breath as Fury falls too. He was a bit too frail for this fight, he had to admit. He released Hunger next, now that it was just one target to deal with. A voice in his head reminded him to get the kids to move to a different hiding spot later. Hunger, Tackle! Lets wrap this up. Janan brought the scythe around again in a deadly arc.

[roll0] Arms Attack AC 4
[roll1]
[roll2] Tackle AC 3
[roll3]

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-03, 06:17 AM
Not knowing what type of pokemon this is, Oscar decides to test his luck a little. Let's see if Blade can handle this. He sends out his Jolteon hound to take the first shot.

Speed 20

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-03, 08:20 AM
That's not good. Can you make a distraction? Set a fire down the street? Theo asked Torch. He needed that exit, He wasn't too happy about a straight up fight. As a newly forming habit, he began to drain the light out of the tunnel, filling it with shadows.

The litwick disappeared into the ceiling. Seconds later, sounds of surprise and panic broke out as the people saw the fire.

No worries, I have a totodile. The sound of a jet of water hitting fire sounded as the Litwick returned to you.

What was that?
Thanks Minerva
No worries, that's why I have him. What other use would he serve?
But where did it come from?
Somebody check the passageway.

Footsteps began to approach the trapdoor where you were hiding.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-03, 08:21 AM
Janan curses under his breath as Fury falls too. He was a bit too frail for this fight, he had to admit. He released Hunger next, now that it was just one target to deal with. A voice in his head reminded him to get the kids to move to a different hiding spot later. Hunger, Tackle! Lets wrap this up. Janan brought the scythe around again in a deadly arc.

[roll0] Arms Attack AC 4
[roll1]
[roll2] Tackle AC 3
[roll3]

The man dodged your scythe as it whipped through the air, but Hunger's well-timed tackle slammed into the man. He grunted in pain and slammed the butt of his club at Hunger, but he was in such a bad position that he missed.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-03, 08:22 AM
Not knowing what type of pokemon this is, Oscar decides to test his luck a little. Let's see if Blade can handle this. He sends out his Jolteon hound to take the first shot.

Speed 20

Your opponet seems unfamiliar with the pokemon you sent out, and he does nothing while his mon is unable to react in time as your mon's superior speed allows it to move first.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-03, 09:26 AM
First things first, see if this is a bad match-up or not. Under his armour, Oscar attempts to copy this mans form. If he had any special talents for battling, maybe Oscar could use them for this fight.

'Blade, Thunder Wave!' The Jolteon uses it's superior speed to close the gap between the two, and shocks the creature with it's electric power. Oscar hoped it wasn't a ground type. Otherwise, this was a pretty safe opening move.

Oscar uses Imposter
[roll0] vs lowest of targets WIS or CON. If I succeed, I plan on using Talent Theft if he has any good Features.

Blade uses Thunder Wave. Auto-hit, Auto-paralysis. With a movement of 14, and a range of 6, pretty sure I am in range :smallbiggrin:

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-03, 09:42 AM
First things first, see if this is a bad match-up or not. Under his armour, Oscar attempts to copy this mans form. If he had any special talents for battling, maybe Oscar could use them for this fight.

'Blade, Thunder Wave!' The Jolteon uses it's superior speed to close the gap between the two, and shocks the creature with it's electric power. Oscar hoped it wasn't a ground type. Otherwise, this was a pretty safe opening move.

Oscar uses Imposter
[roll0] vs lowest of targets WIS or CON. If I succeed, I plan on using Talent Theft if he has any good Features.

Blade uses Thunder Wave. Auto-hit, Auto-paralysis. With a movement of 14, and a range of 6, pretty sure I am in range :smallbiggrin:

As you assumed this man's form, you realized that he was not, at heart, a dedicated pokemon battler. He generally preferred to be a support player that coordinated attacks. The tattos on his arm gave him enhanced strength, but he had no abilities to give him the edge in a regulated battle like this one, though his ability to build vehicles was rather invaluable.

The energy was sucked into the pokemon's mouth, and its body began to hum as the electricity increased its power. It seems we both chose electric types. In that case, we'll attack using different tactics. Super Fang! The pokemon slid forwards and latched its oversized jaws onto Blade to deal 39 unchangeable damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-03, 09:46 AM
Just give up! Scythe and lard-butt Munchlax charge at the remaining assailant.

[roll0] Arms
[roll1]
[roll]1d20]/roll] Tackle
[roll2]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-03, 09:52 AM
Just give up! Scythe and lard-butt Munchlax charge at the remaining assailant.

[roll0] Arms
[roll1]
[roll]1d20]/roll] Tackle
[roll2]

The man grunts in pain, hovers on the edge of fainting, and stays up miraculously. He swung at you this time, dealing 24 damage.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-03, 09:56 AM
'Different tactics indeed.' Knowing Blade was less likely to win in a slugging fight, Oscar switches out his Jolteon for his Golurk.

speed 6

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-03, 10:15 AM
'Different tactics indeed.' Knowing Blade was less likely to win in a slugging fight, Oscar switches out his Jolteon for his Golurk.

speed 6

The pokemon charged forwards, electricity surging around its body before slamming into the Golurk. The attack had no effect whatsoever though, and failed. Ground type eh? At least you know your type advantages.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-03, 10:24 AM
'I am no rookie, I assure you. I doubt you are one yourself.'

Hammer planted his feet and there a massive punch right at the creatures head.

Hammer activates No Guard, moves cannot miss
Hammer uses Dynamic Punch
[roll0], auto hit but chance for a crit
[roll1], p normal damage, target is confused

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-03, 10:31 AM
'I am no rookie, I assure you. I doubt you are one yourself.'

Hammer planted his feet and there a massive punch right at the creatures head.

Hammer activates No Guard, moves cannot miss
Hammer uses Dynamic Punch
[roll0], auto hit but chance for a crit
[roll1], p normal damage, target is confused

The pokemon weathered the attack alright, but when it attempted to strike back the next turn, it hurt itself in confusion. Your opponent cursed softly when he saw what was happening, but didn't switch out pokemon.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-03, 10:41 AM
Hammer takes the chance to cover himself with a thick metallic coat.

Iron Defence

Major
2013-08-03, 10:53 AM
Well they are the best armory in the realm. Of course they're going to have a couple showy pieces.

After you pay for the armor and leave the store, your Knight-Master inquires as to your plans for the rest of your time before you leave.

"Fair enough." Ovelia comments. When asked about her plans, she thinks for a bit, "Well...I need to obviously get a good amount of rest before I leave. No idea when I can rest next. At same time more training both of my pokemon and myself is useful."

How many days remaining?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-03, 06:20 PM
Janan, at this point, was fed up fighting these thugs. He may just off them so they can't limp home and come back again.

[roll0] Arms
[roll1]
[roll2] Tackle
[roll3]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-08, 08:55 AM
Hammer takes the chance to cover himself with a thick metallic coat.

Iron Defence

The eel creature managed to see past the confusion that dynamicpunch caused enough to leap forwards and sink its jaws into your pokemon for 46 physical dark damage. The opposing trainer was looking a bit worried at how this matchup was going, but he wasn't worried enough to switch pokemon.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-08, 08:56 AM
"Fair enough." Ovelia comments. When asked about her plans, she thinks for a bit, "Well...I need to obviously get a good amount of rest before I leave. No idea when I can rest next. At same time more training both of my pokemon and myself is useful."

How many days remaining?

well, assuming the person reaches the palace in exactly seven days, you have four remaining.

Good. It's important for youngsters to have some excitement in their lives. I wish you the best of luck, and don't forget to come see me again before you leave. As for now, I have some errands to run. He began making his way down the street and further into the city.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-08, 08:58 AM
Janan, at this point, was fed up fighting these thugs. He may just off them so they can't limp home and come back again.

[roll0] Arms
[roll1]
[roll2] Tackle
[roll3]

Like his partner, this man fell with a satisfying thunk onto the ground. The two had bruises blooming across their faces and bodies, though it really was their fault that this had happened.

3,000 mon exp and 1 trainer exp

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-08, 09:05 AM
Janan took a minute to catch his breath, before searching both of them. After that he looked around for the kids. You all alright?

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-08, 01:13 PM
Flames erupt from Hammer's feet, and he disappears into the sky, out of reach of most attacks.

Using Fly

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-08, 01:37 PM
Janan took a minute to catch his breath, before searching both of them. After that he looked around for the kids. You all alright?

You beat the bad guys! Rikash yelled as he hopped around excitedly. Obviously the battle hadn't scared him so much as solidified your position as a hero in his mind. The other orphans were looking at you in wide-eyed admiration.

Do you always move so fast? gasped Linnea. She was poking the bodies of the two unconscious men in awe.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-08, 01:49 PM
Flames erupt from Hammer's feet, and he disappears into the sky, out of reach of most attacks.

Using Fly

The trainer didn't have a ready response for his opponet darting out of reach. His pokemon took no actions, though it did smack itself in the tail out of confusion.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-08, 02:26 PM
The mighty Golurk lands feet first on the eel's face.

Fly!
[roll0], once again, can't miss, only for crit
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-08, 02:46 PM
The mighty Golurk lands feet first on the eel's face.

Fly!
[roll0], once again, can't miss, only for crit
[roll1]

The Eel thing faints from the blow, but the opposing trainer releases what appears to be a giant pinapple that hops from one foot to the other like it was dancing.

You have trainer action to use if you would like. Don't post mon action as it is faster

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-08, 03:18 PM
Oscar claps his hands. 'That creature was impressive. I hope the rest are just as interesting.' There was no sarcasm in his voice. It was refreshing to be able to fight without planning on putting down the opponent after the match. Maybe he should do this more often to train.

No TA

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-08, 08:02 PM
I don't take kindly to threats, especially not to people under my ward. I will have no words with thugs. Janan picked himself up, stretching a bit. While they focused on his mon mostly, he was a bit sore from the blow they landed on him. Alright then, lets head towards the market shall we?

So these guys were broke? Sad day.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-08, 08:44 PM
Oscar claps his hands. 'That creature was impressive. I hope the rest are just as interesting.' There was no sarcasm in his voice. It was refreshing to be able to fight without planning on putting down the opponent after the match. Maybe he should do this more often to train.

No TA

The pinapple spun in a circle with a joyful cry of Ludicolo! As it spun, a doll made of water formed in front of the pokemon. You identified the move as substitute by the dilapidated look that the Ludicolo now possessed.

Since the opposing trainer isn't going to do anything, can I have a Mon and Trainer action please

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-08, 08:45 PM
I don't take kindly to threats, especially not to people under my ward. I will have no words with thugs. Janan picked himself up, stretching a bit. While they focused on his mon mostly, he was a bit sore from the blow they landed on him. Alright then, lets head towards the market shall we?

So these guys were broke? Sad day.

I mean, I suppose you could take their clubs with no special properties, but yeah they were. Forgot to mention it in the post. Sorry.

Linnea looked up at you questioningly. You're going to the market? I thought you were sending us to look for the slave girl. I suppose there are plenty of patrons there for you to attract.

The other three children gasped. I'd forgotten that you were a ho! Willow exclaimed. But what kind of ho can fight like that?

I bet he's a ninja-ho, the soft spoken Grendel put in. The others gasped and gathered around each other to discuss this new revelation about their benefactor. The words "ninja-ho" were thrown around quite a bit in the following conversation. They had been completely sidetracked by this turn of events.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-08, 08:55 PM
Janan had already given up on them giving up on his apparent job, but he supposed Ninja-Ho was better than just a Ho. Alright kids, lets settle down. We are all going to the market. More eyes are more likely to find the prize. C'mon! Janan riled up some energy, hoping to invigorate the children into motion and out of their random nonsensical discussion of cross-classing.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-09, 11:23 AM
Janan had already given up on them giving up on his apparent job, but he supposed Ninja-Ho was better than just a Ho. Alright kids, lets settle down. We are all going to the market. More eyes are more likely to find the prize. C'mon! Janan riled up some energy, hoping to invigorate the children into motion and out of their random nonsensical discussion of cross-classing.

As you walked into the market the kids dashed off in different directions. You headed down a road that was less occupied than most. The vast majority of stalls here were selling things that were of questionable legality or safety. As you were walking, you heard a scraping sound from above you. A quick glance revealed that a shadowy figure had scrambled up a a building to the roof. Since his back was to you during this endeavor, he didn't notice that you noticed him. His form was blurred around the edges and hard to focus on, but the way he moved told you that he was an experienced tracker. Since you were the only person who had entered the alleyway, it seemed that he was tailing you.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-09, 11:31 AM
Damnit.... Janan kept walking, making sure Hunger stood close by him. He tried to focus, and bring about his Aura-Sight. He was being tailed but until he knew what the guy wanted, he was going to play it cool.

[roll0] AC 13

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-09, 11:50 AM
Damnit.... Janan kept walking, making sure Hunger stood close by him. He tried to focus, and bring about his Aura-Sight. He was being tailed but until he knew what the guy wanted, he was going to play it cool.

[roll0] AC 13

The man continued to follow you as you travelled. While his blurry form was hard to make out, you were able to easily keep track of him now that you knew he was there. Your aura didn't activate however, and you got no read on what his intentions in following you were.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-09, 12:12 PM
Crude. Well, might as well look normal. Janan veers away from the shady street, trying to find a medic. If this guy wanted to attack him, he could at least try to recover from his last fight.

Major
2013-08-09, 01:56 PM
With her new armor picked out, Ovelia heads to her room to try it on, examine it in the mirror, and run a few drills to get used to the changed movement.

Time of day?

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-09, 02:17 PM
Hammer once again shone with a metallic gleam.

+ 2 more Def stages from Iron Defence

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-09, 09:42 PM
Crude. Well, might as well look normal. Janan veers away from the shady street, trying to find a medic. If this guy wanted to attack him, he could at least try to recover from his last fight.

You saw a medic stall down the lane, but as you started to walk towards it, the figure leaped into action. He dashed forwards at a speedy clip. There was no question of stealth now, though his movements were still silent. He held a pokeball loosely in his left hand, and his right held a silver knife. He wouldn't reach you for two rounds yet, but certainly before you reached the healer stall and recovered your pokemon.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-09, 09:43 PM
With her new armor picked out, Ovelia heads to her room to try it on, examine it in the mirror, and run a few drills to get used to the changed movement.

Time of day?

Late. Between training and armor and such, its already eight pm.So the end of the third day.

While some may call your actions vain, you knew from watching knights that the fit of armor was of vital importance. The suit you had was made of light plates that covered your chest, belly, arms, and legs. There were large gaps in places where maneuverability was desired, such as joints. These both helped keep mobility up, but they also lowered the weight of the armor. However, the sparse coverage also contributed to the low protective ability that it granted.

Your drills went smoothly. Both sword and styler were easy to manipulate while wearing the suit. Your waist as a bit crowded between your bag of apricorns, sword, and styler, but the lack of plates around the hips eased access to the items considerably.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-09, 09:44 PM
Hammer once again shone with a metallic gleam.

+ 2 more Def stages from Iron Defence

The Ludicolo spat a stream of bubbles that shot at Hammer like arrows from a longbow. The slammed into especially sensitive spots on his body, dealing 74 special water damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-09, 11:00 PM
Janan continued walking. He knew he wouldn't get there, but that didn't matter. He muttered to Hunger. Use Defense Curl till I tell you to stop. Hunger looked up at him oddly, but obliged, alternating between walking and rolling on the ground. Janan's right arm tensed, ready to pull the scythe off his back.

He'll use Def Curl till the dude is in range to attack.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-10, 10:13 AM
Janan continued walking. He knew he wouldn't get there, but that didn't matter. He muttered to Hunger. Use Defense Curl till I tell you to stop. Hunger looked up at him oddly, but obliged, alternating between walking and rolling on the ground. Janan's right arm tensed, ready to pull the scythe off his back.

He'll use Def Curl till the dude is in range to attack.

The man releases a red humanoid pokemon with thick white clothes draped around its body. It growls menacingly at you. The trainer continues to run; in fact, he runs straight past you before skidding to a stop. Even now, his form was blurred and difficult to focus on. The source seemed to be his black cloak in which several runes had been woven. It shimmered in the same way that desert mirages were distorted.

When the figure spoke, it was with the voice of a young woman. It was soft and silky, but it also meant business.You're going to come with me Janan. You can either cooperate, or I can force you to cooperate. The choice is yours.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdDdiQkRtaDhFeXVJZ2ZCSzlrOGNSQ nc#gid=10)Either RP or Trainer action here. If you choose to fight right now, save the muchlax action until after the humanoid goes.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-10, 04:56 PM
Janan stands his ground but doesn't make any motion. Who requires me and why? Can I at least ask that?

Major
2013-08-10, 05:24 PM
Feeling comfortable with the armor and confident that it would help a little while also not restricting her, Ovelia started removing the armor plates. It was late and there wouldn't be much more time to do anything else, so Ovelia settled for getting to sleep early so that she could get on to an early start the next day.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-10, 05:39 PM
Janan stands his ground but doesn't make any motion. Who requires me and why? Can I at least ask that?

You can ask whatever you'd like, but I'm afraid you won't be getting any answers. Not now at least. He fishes out a small bag and tosses it. It lands with a muffled clink on the ground at your feet. No more stalling. Return your pokemon and drink that in thirty seconds or I attack. Make any other movements than to drink it and I attack. Time to choose Janan.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-10, 05:40 PM
Feeling comfortable with the armor and confident that it would help a little while also not restricting her, Ovelia started removing the armor plates. It was late and there wouldn't be much more time to do anything else, so Ovelia settled for getting to sleep early so that she could get on to an early start the next day.

Your morning was normal as ever. Woke up, got dressed, headed to the mess hall for a breakfast of eggs, bacon and hot rolls. It was the beginning of the fourth day.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-10, 05:53 PM
Janan bent over, grabbing Hunger's ball. Hunger had been holding his head down, and was quivering. Hey hey now! Don't be scared. If she wanted us dead, we'd be already. Don't worry, we will be fine. His words didn't seem to get through to him, but he returned him anyways.

He hefted the bag, eyeing his captor. Will I see you later? His voice changed to almost flirtatious. He wasn't really sure why, but he did. He didn't wait for a response, he started guzzling the contents.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-10, 08:53 PM
Janan bent over, grabbing Hunger's ball. Hunger had been holding his head down, and was quivering. Hey hey now! Don't be scared. If she wanted us dead, we'd be already. Don't worry, we will be fine. His words didn't seem to get through to him, but he returned him anyways.

He hefted the bag, eyeing his captor. Will I see you later? His voice changed to almost flirtatious. He wasn't really sure why, but he did. He didn't wait for a response, he started guzzling the contents.

The bag's interior was padded to prevent a glass vial from breaking. After unstoppering it, you caught a whiff of something familiar before you began to drink. As the thin liquid passed down your throat, a memory came back to you; a memory of the worst years of your life. Dressed in rags, held behind bars with tens of other slave children, you had only bread and water to drink. Water drugged to keep you under control. You had always noticed that very slight tang as it slid down your unwilling throat. What you drank now was much stronger: a bitter taste that overwhelmed your taste buds, but the same taste nevertheless.

Your eyes began to feel heavy as you drank. The distorted woman walked forwards slowly, watching you carefully. As your eyes began to shut, your vision narrowed. When she reached you, all you could see was his face. As she kept you from falling, she whispered something to you A wise choice Janan. I'm glad to see that you're willing to cooperate with us. And yes, I do believe we'll be seeing each other again. And with that, you faded into unconsciousness.

------------------------------

You drifted in and out of consciousness several times. You couldn't tell if you'd been travelling for an hour or a day, only that certain moments came to you in a warped version of your normal awareness. Snippets came to you, interspersed in between the gaps of darkness.

The inside of a cart bumped and jerked as it was pulled down a busy street. Wooden slats left only slivers of sunlight. The smell of Ryhorn dung pushed you back into the darkness.

A red streak passed your eyes close to your face as two figures carried you somewhere dimly lit. You could process no more before the darkness overcame you once more.

The sounds of rushing water and the feel of water drops hitting your skin came to you, though your eyes refused to open.

A bed, not soft but not hard, lay beneath you. Your mind felt clearer, but sleep felt so good now. Then the blackness came again.

------------------------------

Time to wake up Janan, a firm voice commanded. Hands opened your mouth and placed a glass object on your lips. Something sweet trickled down your throat. The effects were immediate. You felt your body begin to function normally again, your mind begin to process information as it normally would. You were still extremely clumsy, and quite groggy, but you were now more than the comatose body that the drugs had made you.

When you opened your eyes, several details presented themselves to you. First, the only belongings you had on you were your clothes. No pokemon, no scythe, no nothing. Second, you were tied to a wooden armchair; nothing too uncomfortable, but still not pleasant. Third, a man that looked vaguely familiar was sitting in front of you, and your captor stood behind him, distorted image and all. She was rustling with something under her cloak, and faint clinks were audible from underneath the cloak.

The man spoke up. His eyepatch was rather interesting, as was the fact that was wearing black leather - though it was too comfortably cool down here for the leather to be a problem. The pink scar tissue covering his arms told the story of a man who knew battle. I was glad to hear that you came willingly Janan. It would have been most unfortunate if you had forced Kyra to make a scene. How are you feeling? Fireflower creates a potent drug, sometimes too potent.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-10, 09:06 PM
Janan cricked his neck, once to the left then once to the right. He tugged firmly at his restraints once, just to test them. Could be better. Could have use of my hands. Before you start, can I at least have a name for you Mr? Janan was trying to keep a level head. Play like he's in control. If any psychics were listening, they'd know he was more than a little freaked out and severely disliking the lack of control.

Oh and its a pleasure to see you again, Kyra was it?

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-10, 09:45 PM
Janan cricked his neck, once to the left then once to the right. He tugged firmly at his restraints once, just to test them. Could be better. Could have use of my hands. Before you start, can I at least have a name for you Mr? Janan was trying to keep a level head. Play like he's in control. If any psychics were listening, they'd know he was more than a little freaked out and severely disliking the lack of control.

Oh and its a pleasure to see you again, Kyra was it?

The man considered you, then came to a decision.They call me Argent. Sometimes I go by Harim, usually in the marketplaces. When you spoke to Kyra, a smile played across her lips. I assure you, the pleasure is mine. A glare from Argent wiped the smile from her lips though, and she didn't speak again.

In response to your earlier question about the ropes - which were quite well secured - he responded. I'm afraid we can't let you have the use of your hands, not yet at least. In fact, I hope to put your hands to very good use in the future. All for a good cause you understand? Before we begin though, I need to make sure that you're detoxified enough to think properly. Why don't you tell me a bit about your time in The Hand? Details about your boss and the jobs you've had will suffice.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-10, 09:56 PM
Not much to say about the job. I had to off a guy who "betrayed the Hand" whatever that means. Tracked him down offed him in his apartment. Took it for myself, saved me the trouble of apartment shopping. Then I got paired up with an existing team. Or maybe survivors of several teams, I'm not sure. We had to go out into the desert and collect Cacnea spines for medicine or something. I doubt thats what they were used for but who am I to say. Wasn't too tough, just had to sweet talk the plants and they gave them right up.

The last job was a bit more fun. Had to rough up a merchant who wasn't paying his protection. Infiltrated his house, knocked out a couple of guards, took a bit extra for myself. Standard fare I guess.

Well about Mars. She's and odd one. She seems aloof and uncaring, but she has some pretty obvious tells when something intrigues her. She's ruthless too, though that should go without saying right? She had some kind of special interest in me, but Groudon knows why.

Janan rambled through his speech, slowly rolling his head, looking above him as he was thinking. He was however, taking careful note of the features of the room at every opportunity. Why you ask? He snapped his attention back at Argent, a cool stare.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-11, 08:42 AM
Oscar returns the heavily battered Hammer and sends out Blade once again, letting him recover from the switch.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-11, 09:33 AM
Not much to say about the job. I had to off a guy who "betrayed the Hand" whatever that means. Tracked him down offed him in his apartment. Took it for myself, saved me the trouble of apartment shopping. Then I got paired up with an existing team. Or maybe survivors of several teams, I'm not sure. We had to go out into the desert and collect Cacnea spines for medicine or something. I doubt thats what they were used for but who am I to say. Wasn't too tough, just had to sweet talk the plants and they gave them right up.

The last job was a bit more fun. Had to rough up a merchant who wasn't paying his protection. Infiltrated his house, knocked out a couple of guards, took a bit extra for myself. Standard fare I guess.

Well about Mars. She's and odd one. She seems aloof and uncaring, but she has some pretty obvious tells when something intrigues her. She's ruthless too, though that should go without saying right? She had some kind of special interest in me, but Groudon knows why.

Janan rambled through his speech, slowly rolling his head, looking above him as he was thinking. He was however, taking careful note of the features of the room at every opportunity. Why you ask? He snapped his attention back at Argent, a cool stare.

The room was a relatively plain room with stone walls. There were two chairs, a chamber pot, and a small table. A single limestone door marked the only exit from the room, and it was behind the two figures. Torches lined the walls, providing enough light for the room to be reasonably well lit. There were no windows to provide more natural light.

Argent blinked slowly and took a moment before replying. Haven't I told you already that I needed to see if you're detoxified? I certainly hope you're a better listener than you let on. He seemed irritated by this trivial matter. Kyra put a hand on his shoulder, and he glanced up at her. She shook her head, almost imperceptibly. Then Argent turned back to you. Fireflower petals can create a powerful sedative that affects cognitive function. I knew all the information you gave me already; I just wanted to make sure you could remember. Anyways, it seems that you're fine, so we can continue.

Your ability to control life-energy caught our eye at first, and your later actions have confirmed your skill. While you're quite a bit older than our normal recruits, I'm going to turn you into a Silver Knife.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-11, 09:37 AM
Oscar returns the heavily battered Hammer and sends out Blade once again, letting him recover from the switch.

There was no need to make a DST, Hammer should be at -62, not -100.

The trainer grimaces seeing that you sent out your electric pokemon once again. The Ludicolo let out a great shout that sent a ball of condensed sound at Blade, but the Jolteon nimbly lept over it.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-11, 09:39 AM
A what now? Janan titled his head quisitievely, forgetting hisefforts to seem calm.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-11, 10:02 AM
A what now? Janan titled his head quisitievely, forgetting hisefforts to seem calm.

A Silver Knife. A subset of the Bloody Hand that specializes in assassination. A little known subset, but quite a powerful one. We answer directly to Takaa. His eyes turned to you pointedly You do know who Takaa is don't you?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-11, 10:27 AM
Ya- no. Im still new to this whole Hand thing.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-11, 01:37 PM
Ya- no. Im still new to this whole Hand thing.

He's the leader of the Hand and, by extension, the Silver Knives. Not many people know his true identity or where his is, but he turned the Hand from a small organization that he founded many years ago into a nationwide power that shapes Carthak.

The Silver Knives are told who to kill by Takaa, and we do it. There are anywhere from ten to fifteen members at any one time. And now you're one of our recruits. It really is an honor to be chosen so late in your life. Usually we pick children who show potential. A memory comes to you - Yenek mentioning that this man took children from the marketplace from time to time.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-11, 01:59 PM
Why so few? Not enough kiddos meet your standards? If I don't meet your standards, what happens?

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-11, 02:08 PM
Why so few? Not enough kiddos meet your standards? If I don't meet your standards, what happens?

The process of becoming a Silver Knife is quite intensive. Those who are qualified physically may not have what it takes mentally, and vice versa. Many don't ever qualify in either respect. If you fail, you die. We can't let those who can give information on us away live. However, it rarely comes to that. Usually they die during training.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-11, 02:14 PM
You make it sound so appealing. I'm guessing I'm already past the point of no return?

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-11, 03:07 PM
You make it sound so appealing. I'm guessing I'm already past the point of no return?

Kyra held a hand up to her mouth to suppress a giggle. When she looked up at you, her blue eyes were ice cold. Janan. You've been past the point of no return since Mar told us about your abilities.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-11, 04:21 PM
Lovely. He fidgets in his seat a bit. He was suddenly very uncomfortable. So then whats next? Training? Initiation? Welcome party?

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-11, 11:00 PM
Lovely. He fidgets in his seat a bit. He was suddenly very uncomfortable. So then whats next? Training? Initiation? Welcome party?

Oh I suppose you could call it initiation. Kyra, if you could let him loose please? Kyra remove her knife, her silver knife, and slashed the ropes holding you. Before you rose, she pressed the blade to your throat. A single drop of blood came down You make any suspicious movements and you're dead, she whispered.

You were led by Argent and Kyra down a hallway full of torches. Hallways branched off of the main hallway. You were taken down one 3/4 of the way through the main hallway. This new corridor was lined with doors, which had numbers painted on them. There were six doors in this hallway. You were unceremoniously shoved into one, and Kyra followed you in. Welcome to your new home Janan. Children, welcome your new friend. With that, Kyra left the room and shut the door behind her.

The seven children, which looked four or five years younger than you, glanced in your direction. All of them were well muscled, if rather dirty. A small room off to the side of the main one gave off a faint odor of urine. They stared at you, taking in your features and your body, before returning to sit in silence. One girl did push ups in a corner, while a boy with blond hair levitated some loose stones.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-11, 11:15 PM
Janan took a moment to take in his new surroundings. It didn't take long for the memories to come back. The squalor, the cramped conditions. The kids. He had setbacks before. He delayed his escape 6 months just to throw the guards off his trail.

For what its worth, I'm not your enemy. He finds an open piece of wall, propping himself against the wall. For the hours, he focused on a single point, drawing upon his inner strength. Blotches of color would appear around each of the children he was being forced to compete with, then melt away as he attempted again. Eventually, he tired himself out, slumping over in exhaustion.

He did not like his situation. He hated it. But they knew more about his abilities than he did. He couldn't pass up an opportunity to learn from them. It was all for the greater good. Thats what he told himself before passing out.

Major
2013-08-12, 04:43 AM
While a part of Ovelia wanted to get to study and learn about her enemy at the library, time was ticking and she knew she would need more physical training. She needed her new weaker pokemon to be able to catch up in level.

Thus, she headed to the courtyard to once again train with her pokemon. But today, she was going to focus the entire time on Arthur, the little Shinx. She set up a small obstacle course and ran him through that. After a few runs, she had him practice his attacks on a training dummy. Next, was a small break to rest, before she helped him work on dodging trainer attacks by running a few drills using a training sword. Once that was all done, she ran a mock battle with Puddles and Arthur.

Focusing on Arthur, so not sure what rolls since doing multiple with him instead of my 'each doing their own thing'

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-12, 11:45 AM
Oscar waves his hand, and Blade's hairs stand on end as he channels all his electricity into his fur. Then, he releases it out in one giant bolt of power.

Thunder Bolt
[roll0], base 2, para on 19-20
[roll1], s electric, column

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-13, 12:29 PM
Janan took a moment to take in his new surroundings. It didn't take long for the memories to come back. The squalor, the cramped conditions. The kids. He had setbacks before. He delayed his escape 6 months just to throw the guards off his trail.

For what its worth, I'm not your enemy. He finds an open piece of wall, propping himself against the wall. For the hours, he focused on a single point, drawing upon his inner strength. Blotches of color would appear around each of the children he was being forced to compete with, then melt away as he attempted again. Eventually, he tired himself out, slumping over in exhaustion.

He did not like his situation. He hated it. But they knew more about his abilities than he did. He couldn't pass up an opportunity to learn from them. It was all for the greater good. That's what he told himself before passing out.

You were woken up by your door slamming open. A man in black clothes with his face covered in a hood walked into the room. His Gurdurr carried lengths of chains with manacles attached periodically. The links rustled as the pokemon moved, and the resulting sound put your ears on edge. Time to get up children. The children, most of whom had already risen, lined up silently. When everybody was lined up, the manacles went on, and he led you as a group through the same dark hallways to the mess hall. There you went through a food line where you received a surprisingly nutritious and well-cooked meal from the kitchen staff. Beans, fruits, a variety of vegetables, and a fillet of fish. As a newcomer, one of the cooks informed you that you would receive a whipping after every meal where you did not eat your entire meal.

The dining hall comprised of several tables spaced throughout the room with ample space for the several guards to move through the area. About two hundred children occupied the space, most of them eating silently. Everybody looked to be at least eight years old or older, and the majority looked to be younger than the group you were assigned to. The oldest trainees, who looked to be your age, formed an individual line of 25 people. All of them had the hard eyes of killers that you had seen in some of Mar's men. Your body turned away from them involuntarily when a guard shoved you into your assigned seat. He moved down the line, pushing down everyone in your group that hesitated to sit on the bench.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-13, 12:30 PM
Oscar waves his hand, and Blade's hairs stand on end as he channels all his electricity into his fur. Then, he releases it out in one giant bolt of power.

Thunder Bolt
[roll0], base 2, para on 19-20
[roll1], s electric, column

The blast of electrical energy flew dead center, but the Ludicolo's created substitute took the damage. It fell to pieces under the onslaught of you Jolteon's ability however, and it could now be attacked directly. The dancing pinapple lowered its head, and strands of purple energy coalessed around it's crown. It charged Blade and slammed into his side, dealing 34 physical psychic damage.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-13, 12:31 PM
While a part of Ovelia wanted to get to study and learn about her enemy at the library, time was ticking and she knew she would need more physical training. She needed her new weaker pokemon to be able to catch up in level.

Thus, she headed to the courtyard to once again train with her pokemon. But today, she was going to focus the entire time on Arthur, the little Shinx. She set up a small obstacle course and ran him through that. After a few runs, she had him practice his attacks on a training dummy. Next, was a small break to rest, before she helped him work on dodging trainer attacks by running a few drills using a training sword. Once that was all done, she ran a mock battle with Puddles and Arthur.

Focusing on Arthur, so not sure what rolls since doing multiple with him instead of my 'each doing their own thing'

Int, Wis, and Dex checks on 3d6+mod please. XP bonuses will be awarded on a combination of RP quality and rolls. Please also RP the mock battle, though no rolls will be necessary.

It took you a little while to gather the materials necessary for your day of training. Palace staff kept training dummies for the paiges and squires to practice on when an individual needed remedial work, and a quick identification as a ranger gave you access to these. It was the obstacle course that presented a challenge. You had to scout out materials that would form a course appropriate to the shinx. The more imagination you could muster in building it, the better off you'd be.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-13, 04:21 PM
With the path now open, Blade rushes the pineapple duck and sinks his fangs in.

[roll0], base 2, para/flinch on 18-19, both on 20
[roll1], p electric
[roll2] 1 for para 2 for flinch

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-13, 05:28 PM
With the path now open, Blade rushes the pineapple duck and sinks his fangs in.

[roll0], base 2, para/flinch on 18-19, both on 20
[roll1], p electric
[roll2] 1 for para 2 for flinch

Ludicolo puffed out its cheeks and spat a seed high into the air. It flew high into the air before being pulled back down to the ground by the forces of gravity. Upon hitting the ground, it exploded to deal 42 special grass damage.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-13, 06:34 PM
Blade continues to gnaw away at the pineapple duck, but needs to recharge his electricity.

Bite!
[roll0], base 2, flinch on 15+
[roll1], p dark

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-13, 06:41 PM
Janan ate in silence, mulling over his situation. He could try to break out immediately. But where would he go? He wasn't even sure where he was, and he surely couldn't walk around Kamfrietta uninhibited. And these people knew something about his abilities. They were going to train him, so they must know more about Aura than he did.

At least he could use that to his advantage. Learn what they know, make them make him stronger. Only to regret it later.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-13, 09:02 PM
Blade continues to gnaw away at the pineapple duck, but needs to recharge his electricity.

Bite!
[roll0], base 2, flinch on 15+
[roll1], p dark

In its haste to dodge you viscous bite, its stream of bubbles hit the ground instead of their intended target.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-13, 09:04 PM
Janan ate in silence, mulling over his situation. He could try to break out immediately. But where would he go? He wasn't even sure where he was, and he surely couldn't walk around Kamfrietta uninhibited. And these people knew something about his abilities. They were going to train him, so they must know more about Aura than he did.

At least he could use that to his advantage. Learn what they know, make them make him stronger. Only to regret it later.

After the meal, the guards led your group through the hallways to a chamber. It had a smooth floor with several large circles painted on the floor. Racks of weapons lay scattered throughout the room, training dummies with targets on their heads and chests sat around the room for use. Training weights occupied one corner, and a climbing wall had been set up in another. A track ran a loop around the entire room. More guards dressed head to toe in black lined the walls. Most of the children immediately moved to activities. The only guard who wasn't covered in black cloth, an old bald man, pulled one of the children from the crowd and brought him to you.

He spoke in a wispy voice that you had to strain your ears to hear. I understand that you are new here Janan. I'd like to see your combat ability before looking at a personalized training schedule for you. In order to do this I'd like to have you spar with young Belvar here. The boy nodded and walked to one of the painted circles on the floor. He rolled up his right sleeve, where a series of tattoos identical to Rashif's shone dully on his arm. A guard jogged up and handed your crescent scythe to the old man, I have this for you. Eventually, you will also learn to fight with your hands, but I want to see your current ability in a straight fight.

You are faster

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-13, 09:31 PM
Janan twirled the blade once, before rushing the small boy. He swung low, but a the last moment, arced upwards, hoping to catch the boy as he dodged above the strike.

[roll0] AC 4
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 09:23 AM
Janan twirled the blade once, before rushing the small boy. He swung low, but a the last moment, arced upwards, hoping to catch the boy as he dodged above the strike.

[roll0] AC 4
[roll1]

The boy ducked under your arm, which left you open to a counterattack. The runes on his arm flared with bright light, and he slammed his fist down on your head. The blow was much, much heavier than it should have been coming from a twelve year old with that body. It felt like he had dropped a boulder on your head for 53 physical steel damage.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-14, 09:26 AM
Blade once more uses his Thunder Fangs to try and chomp the creature.

[roll0], base 2, para/flinch on 18-9, both on 20
[roll1], p electric
[roll2], 1 para 2 flinch

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 09:30 AM
Blade once more uses his Thunder Fangs to try and chomp the creature.

[roll0], base 2, para/flinch on 18-9, both on 20
[roll1], p electric
[roll2], 1 para 2 flinch

The ludicolo attacked with another of its psychic headbutts. The glowing purple energy did 41 physical psychic damage to Blade.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-14, 09:33 AM
Janan staggered back from the blow. He redoubled his resolve. He was going to go down fighting. He twirled the blade in small arc's, slashing across the boy's chest.

[roll0]
[roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-14, 09:37 AM
Blade gets knocked out, but not before getting one last hit in.

Quick Attack interrupt!
[roll0], base 2
[roll1], p normal

After that, Oscar sends out his mighty Shield.

Speed 3, so pretty sure he'll go 2nd

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 09:45 AM
Blade gets knocked out, but not before getting one last hit in.

Quick Attack interrupt!
[roll0], base 2
[roll1], p normal

After that, Oscar sends out his mighty Shield.

Speed 3, so pretty sure he'll go 2nd

The trainer grits his teeth when he sees what appeared to be a steel type in front of him. There was nothing else for it, so he had the Ludicolo launch another of its seed bombs at the giant bell for 30 physical grass damage.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 09:46 AM
Janan staggered back from the blow. He redoubled his resolve. He was going to go down fighting. He twirled the blade in small arc's, slashing across the boy's chest.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The child's arm glows and energy begins to swirl in a vortex around it. As he aimed a punch at you, it sharpened into what looked like a rapidash horn and pierced you for 22 ground damage.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-14, 10:08 AM
With a flick of his wrist, Oscar orders an Extrasensory on the Ludicolo.

[roll0], base 2, flinch on 19-20
[roll1], s psychic

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 10:24 AM
With a flick of his wrist, Oscar orders an Extrasensory on the Ludicolo.

[roll0], base 2, flinch on 19-20
[roll1], s psychic

The pineapple fainted from the attack, and the trainer released what appeared to be a sarcophagus. Got this one from a trip to Carthak. Looks pretty interesting doesn't he? Its eyes gleamed, and Shield found himself unable to use Extrasensory.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-14, 10:32 AM
'I must say your team is most unusual and impressive. Were this any other, I would be worried. But my Shield has no weaknesses, and I have the utmost faith in his power. Let's see how this battle ends!' Oscar thrusts his hand, and Shields eyes glow, locking with the floating coffin and confusing it.

Confuse Ray, auto-hit, auto-confuse.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 10:54 AM
'I must say your team is most unusual and impressive. Were this any other, I would be worried. But my Shield has no weaknesses, and I have the utmost faith in his power. Let's see how this battle ends!' Oscar thrusts his hand, and Shields eyes glow, locking with the floating coffin and confusing it.

Confuse Ray, auto-hit, auto-confuse.

We can use status move too. The coffin sent a wispy blue ball at Shield, which Burned him.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-14, 11:10 AM
'Burn is impressive against those who use physical attacks. But Sleep is always useful.' Shield's eyes swirl and flash, attempting to send the Cofagrigus to sleep.

[roll0], base 6, send target to sleep

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 11:12 AM
'Burn is impressive against those who use physical attacks. But Sleep is always useful.' Shield's eyes swirl and flash, attempting to send the Cofagrigus to sleep.

[roll0], base 6, send target to sleep

The corrin closed, its ghostly arms retreating into its golden bonds as it sat on the ground. Apparently this was how the pokemon slept.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-14, 11:34 AM
Oscar nodded, and Shield's entire being started to glow faintly of blue. But other than that, nothing seemed to be happening .... yet.

Shield uses Future Sight

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 11:40 AM
Oscar nodded, and Shield's entire being started to glow faintly of blue. But other than that, nothing seemed to be happening .... yet.

Shield uses Future Sight

The pokemon continued its slumber, ignorant of Shield's actions. However, the trainer looked satisfied that your stall tactics were allowing the burn to take its toll.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-14, 11:48 AM
With the chance to hit it, Shield unleashes a spinning ball of metallic energy. At the same time, the Future Sight occurs.

Gyro Ball
auto hit, but rolling for crit [roll0]
[roll1], p steel
for every 10 speed above 3, add another 1d12 (but I doubt Cofagrigus is that fast)

Future Sight
[roll2], base 2
[roll3], s psychic

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 12:17 PM
With the chance to hit it, Shield unleashes a spinning ball of metallic energy. At the same time, the Future Sight occurs.

Gyro Ball
auto hit, but rolling for crit [roll0]
[roll1], p steel
for every 10 speed above 3, add another 1d12 (but I doubt Cofagrigus is that fast)

Future Sight
[roll2], base 2
[roll3], s psychic

Though the future sight attack did not initiate until the next turn, the (admittedly weak) gyro ball slammed into a vulnerable portion of the ghost's body. It still slumbered from the hypnotic stare of Shield.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-14, 12:25 PM
Shield fades from view, then reappears behind the slumbering representation of death, slamming bodily into it.

Faint Attack
[roll0], cannae miss but let's hope for a crit
[roll1], p dark

Future Sight, for realz this time
[roll2], base 2
[roll3], s psychic

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 12:32 PM
Shield fades from view, then reappears behind the slumbering representation of death, slamming bodily into it.

Faint Attack
[roll0], cannae miss but let's hope for a crit
[roll1], p dark

Future Sight, for realz this time
[roll2], base 2
[roll3], s psychic

Though the future sight damaged it severely, the faint attack did no damage whatsoever, even though it was a super effective attack. However, the sarcophagus still slept, oblivious to the heavy damage it was taking.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-14, 12:43 PM
With nothing else to do this turn, Shield hardens himself.

Iron Defence
+2 Def stages

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 12:49 PM
With nothing else to do this turn, Shield hardens himself.

Iron Defence
+2 Def stages

Not only did the pokemon wake up, and he worked through his confusion for this turn to shoot a mass of black entropy at Shield for 41 special ghost damage.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-14, 02:47 PM
Shield once again went and shifted away for a second before delivering a Faint Attack. Oscar could probably guess the match was about to end in his loss, but he would be honorable and fight to the last. He only had the confusion and the chance of a crit to turn this around.

[roll0], auto hit
[roll1], p dark

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-14, 03:46 PM
Shield once again went and shifted away for a second before delivering a Faint Attack. Oscar could probably guess the match was about to end in his loss, but he would be honorable and fight to the last. He only had the confusion and the chance of a crit to turn this around.

[roll0], auto hit
[roll1], p dark

Your attack made it through the configarus's defenses this time, and the dark damage was enough to knock the animated tombstone into unconsciousness. The man returned his pokemon with a curse and began to walk off.

The master of ceremonies walked up to you with a bag of clinking Gold in hind. 1,500 Gold in fact. He thanked you for a great battle that had drawn a good deal of new customers.

11,200 mon exp. 1 Trainer xp

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-14, 04:42 PM
Oscar returned Shield before the burn caused him to faint. He accepts the money with a bow, then sets off looking for a healer to restore his pokemon. He may as well start with the local church.

He makes sure to release Fauld and Flail and channel them. He didn't want anyone thinking just because his pokemon were knocked out after a battle that he was an easy target for a mugging.

Major
2013-08-14, 05:14 PM
Int, Wis, and Dex checks on 3d6+mod please. XP bonuses will be awarded on a combination of RP quality and rolls. Please also RP the mock battle, though no rolls will be necessary.

It took you a little while to gather the materials necessary for your day of training. Palace staff kept training dummies for the paiges and squires to practice on when an individual needed remedial work, and a quick identification as a ranger gave you access to these. It was the obstacle course that presented a challenge. You had to scout out materials that would form a course appropriate to the shinx. The more imagination you could muster in building it, the better off you'd be.

Int: [roll0]
Dex: [roll2]

Once they were done attacking the training dummies, Ovelia started moving the training dummies around. She headed over to a section of the courtyard with some flowers and made sure to include a part of the course where Arthur would have to run through without messing up the flowers. She added some training dummies nearby and encouraged Arthur to use them as springboards to bounce off of.

She asked Puddles to make a small little burst of fire aimed high at one point for Arthur to climb under, while she had Sir Hector throw a series of magical leaves for Arthur to dodge. She made sure that they kept the attacks weak so as to not hurt Arthur.

Once that was done, she found some rope to set up a tiny little web to climb around and called it at that.

After that series of training, she called Puddles and Arthur over and explained to them that she wanted them to have a fun battle, but to be careful and not to hurt each other. "Stick to just basic tackles and such. Don't breath fire or shoot lightning today. Today is...thing of it like play wrestling. Each time you tag the other you get a point. If you can pin one, you'll win."

And then she started to clean up the obstacle course while keeping an eye on the two. The match started with Arthur wiggling and getting read to pounce and then lunging at Puddles. However, the wiggling and pounce preparation had given Puddles a heads up and he quickly moved to the side and attempted to tackle Arthur mid-pounce. The two collided and Arthur tried to roll and pin Puddles, but instead the two pokemon just turned into a rolling ball of fur. After a few rolls, the two separated from each other, realizing that neither had a good angle to pin and started again. Arthur tried to pounce quicker and barely tagged Puddles who hadn't moved fast enough, but was then headbutted by Puddles. Arthur stumbled backwards shaking his head, giving Puddles enough of an opening for another tackle.

As the tackle hit Arthur, he stumbled backwards, but was determined not to give up. He quickly faked a pounce, waited for Puddles to jump to the side, and then lunged for real, getting a good tackle on Puddles and pushing Puddles back onto the defensive. Puddles moved backwards, trying to clear some room between them, but Arthur was determined to stay on him and moved closer and closer trying to push him back. Finally, Puddles sidestepped and attempted a tackle, but Arthur jumped over and landed on Puddles back, using his smaller size to his advantage.

Arthur clenched on tightly to Puddles as Puddles tried to shake Arthur off. Finally, Puddles rolled over and Arthur was forced to jump off to avoid being rolled over. The two went back and forth for a bit while Ovelia finished cleaning.

Finally, she came back over and called a stop, congratulating the two on hard work and moving to get them some water to drink and cool off.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-14, 07:46 PM
Janan staggered back. His vision was starting to blur and he felt weak in the knees. He needed to end this quickly, but he was doubting his chances. Janan dashed forward, gripping the handle two handed for a powerful swipe.

[roll0] AC 4
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-15, 10:28 AM
Oscar returned Shield before the burn caused him to faint. He accepts the money with a bow, then sets off looking for a healer to restore his pokemon. He may as well start with the local church.

He makes sure to release Fauld and Flail and channel them. He didn't want anyone thinking just because his pokemon were knocked out after a battle that he was an easy target for a mugging.

The clergy in this town were much more hospitable than those in the other memorable town you visited on your journey. You were brought into the building, given a soft bed for the night, and provided healing services (though you still had to pay full price for them).

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-15, 10:29 AM
Int: [roll0]
Dex: [roll2]

Once they were done attacking the training dummies, Ovelia started moving the training dummies around. She headed over to a section of the courtyard with some flowers and made sure to include a part of the course where Arthur would have to run through without messing up the flowers. She added some training dummies nearby and encouraged Arthur to use them as springboards to bounce off of.

She asked Puddles to make a small little burst of fire aimed high at one point for Arthur to climb under, while she had Sir Hector throw a series of magical leaves for Arthur to dodge. She made sure that they kept the attacks weak so as to not hurt Arthur.

Once that was done, she found some rope to set up a tiny little web to climb around and called it at that.

After that series of training, she called Puddles and Arthur over and explained to them that she wanted them to have a fun battle, but to be careful and not to hurt each other. "Stick to just basic tackles and such. Don't breath fire or shoot lightning today. Today is...thing of it like play wrestling. Each time you tag the other you get a point. If you can pin one, you'll win."

And then she started to clean up the obstacle course while keeping an eye on the two. The match started with Arthur wiggling and getting read to pounce and then lunging at Puddles. However, the wiggling and pounce preparation had given Puddles a heads up and he quickly moved to the side and attempted to tackle Arthur mid-pounce. The two collided and Arthur tried to roll and pin Puddles, but instead the two pokemon just turned into a rolling ball of fur. After a few rolls, the two separated from each other, realizing that neither had a good angle to pin and started again. Arthur tried to pounce quicker and barely tagged Puddles who hadn't moved fast enough, but was then headbutted by Puddles. Arthur stumbled backwards shaking his head, giving Puddles enough of an opening for another tackle.

As the tackle hit Arthur, he stumbled backwards, but was determined not to give up. He quickly faked a pounce, waited for Puddles to jump to the side, and then lunged for real, getting a good tackle on Puddles and pushing Puddles back onto the defensive. Puddles moved backwards, trying to clear some room between them, but Arthur was determined to stay on him and moved closer and closer trying to push him back. Finally, Puddles sidestepped and attempted a tackle, but Arthur jumped over and landed on Puddles back, using his smaller size to his advantage.

Arthur clenched on tightly to Puddles as Puddles tried to shake Arthur off. Finally, Puddles rolled over and Arthur was forced to jump off to avoid being rolled over. The two went back and forth for a bit while Ovelia finished cleaning.

Finally, she came back over and called a stop, congratulating the two on hard work and moving to get them some water to drink and cool off.

The two pokemon were tired from such a long day of work. Arthur in particular seemed to have gained a lot from the day's activities, though he seemed to be interested in taking a nap in that bed of flowers.

Puddles seemed to have the energy left to goof around however, and he had found himself a bit of dirt to roll joyfully in. He was never happy if he wasn't making a mess of himself.

820 exp to Arthur, 200 to Puddles

It's dinnertime

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-15, 10:31 AM
Janan staggered back. His vision was starting to blur and he felt weak in the knees. He needed to end this quickly, but he was doubting his chances. Janan dashed forward, gripping the handle two handed for a powerful swipe.

[roll0] AC 4
[roll1]

As your scythe was cutting down at him, he slipped under your guard and delivered a punch faster than your eye could follow. It slammed into your gut for 19 physical steel damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-15, 01:17 PM
Janan staggers backward, before collapsing.

Major
2013-08-15, 02:57 PM
Ovelia quickly tried to ward Arthur away from the flowers, "Woah! Please don't lay there, we don't want to get anyone angry." She said, "How about a nap back at my room? Or on my shoulder or something?" She asked before seeing what Puddles was doing, "Why am I not surprised?" She asked with a sigh.

Still, he had worked hard and it wasn't like it wasn't anything new. For now, Ovelia decided to let him be. She glanced at the time, surprised at how long she'd been having them train. No wonder they were so tired. Ovelia finished cleaning up and then went to grab some food.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-15, 04:48 PM
Oscar paid to have his team healed, but couldn't spring to get them fully charged to use their most powerful moves just quite yet. Once they are all feeling better, Oscar approaches one of the Clergy.

'Tell me, what kind of wilds roam around this area? Anything impressive by land or from the lake? I could do with expanding my strength.'

Just looking for info right now, but if I need to:
[roll0] wild roll

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-15, 06:06 PM
Janan staggers backward, before collapsing.

You woke to the sounds of clinking chains and the smell of black mold creeping along walls. Your wrists chafed, and when you tried to move them, you found that your wrists had been chained to the wall. Your legs were also attached to manacles. The old trainer stood before you, his eyes squinted and frowned at you. A tall brown pokemon with red gloves on its fists stood behind him. With a hand motion, the pokemon slammed an icy fist into your stomach, lowering you to 54 hit points.

Now Janan. It seems we have some mental problems. I assure you that you won't survive if you choose to hold back against children. Why didn't you use all your power in that fight? These may be children, but they won't hesitate to kill you if given the chance.

Congrats! Now you qualify for Ice Punch.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-15, 06:08 PM
Ovelia quickly tried to ward Arthur away from the flowers, "Woah! Please don't lay there, we don't want to get anyone angry." She said, "How about a nap back at my room? Or on my shoulder or something?" She asked before seeing what Puddles was doing, "Why am I not surprised?" She asked with a sigh.

Still, he had worked hard and it wasn't like it wasn't anything new. For now, Ovelia decided to let him be. She glanced at the time, surprised at how long she'd been having them train. No wonder they were so tired. Ovelia finished cleaning up and then went to grab some food.

The mess hall for high ranking civilians was crowded as always. These people weren't of noble blood, but they also did not perform servant tasks. These were commonborn rangers, blacksmiths, and hostlers who were in search of a hearty meal. As you entered, much of the noise died down as people looked and pointed at you. You heard the words "saved the king", "not a noble", and "girl in combat."

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-15, 06:10 PM
Oscar paid to have his team healed, but couldn't spring to get them fully charged to use their most powerful moves just quite yet. Once they are all feeling better, Oscar approaches one of the Clergy.

'Tell me, what kind of wilds roam around this area? Anything impressive by land or from the lake? I could do with expanding my strength.'

Just looking for info right now, but if I need to:
[roll0] wild roll

I can't claim to be any great expert on the wild pokemon in this area, began the clergyman to which you spoke. However, we get quite a good population of magikarp for food round these parts, and squirtle are pretty common too. Every once in a while we get an odd slowpoke tail or two on the dinner plates, so I suppose there are some of them around too. Otherwise, I really couldn't tell you.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-15, 06:36 PM
Oscar deems that adding a water pokemon is worth a shot, and heads out with Shield and Blade to see if they could find a decently strong one. They take a walk along the coast, out of the city. Knowing how strong his own pokemon were, he didn't want to battle in the city and risk damaging the docks or any boats.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-15, 06:48 PM
You woke to the sounds of clinking chains and the smell of black mold creeping along walls. Your wrists chafed, and when you tried to move them, you found that your wrists had been chained to the wall. Your legs were also attached to manacles. The old trainer stood before you, his eyes squinted and frowned at you. A tall brown pokemon with red gloves on its fists stood behind him. With a hand motion, the pokemon slammed an icy fist into your stomach, lowering you to 54 hit points.

Now Janan. It seems we have some mental problems. I assure you that you won't survive if you choose to hold back against children. Why didn't you use all your power in that fight? These may be children, but they won't hesitate to kill you if given the chance.

Congrats! Now you qualify for Ice Punch.

OOPH! Janan took a moment to orient himself, before fixing his gaze on the trainer. To be honest I wasn't. His opening move, I couldn't match that. He got the edge on me right away I couldn't keep up.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-15, 08:16 PM
Oscar deems that adding a water pokemon is worth a shot, and heads out with Shield and Blade to see if they could find a decently strong one. They take a walk along the coast, out of the city. Knowing how strong his own pokemon were, he didn't want to battle in the city and risk damaging the docks or any boats.

As you walked, you gradually found yourself walking around a small bay. Wingull perched on the trees and rocks, though none approached you. The water was calm, though it bubbled every now and again; you could see the outline of a goldeen when this happened.

Perception please

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-15, 08:19 PM
OOPH! Janan took a moment to orient himself, before fixing his gaze on the trainer. To be honest I wasn't. His opening move, I couldn't match that. He got the edge on me right away I couldn't keep up.

The old man gives another sign, and the hitmonchan slams you again with its fist. This time it felt like a lightning bolt was piercing your chest for 29 damage.

Now Janan. I know that you have powers beyond simply swinging a scythe at your opponent. Why, you took out that black belt so handily with a blast of orange energy not more than a week ago. Why did you not use those powers? Being soft own't help you here. It will only get you killed.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-15, 09:16 PM
Janan gritted his teeth as the electricity coursed through him.Its an opportunity thing. He didn't give me an opening to exploit. Believe it or not, its not all that powerful. My blade is better till I need to hit right away.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-15, 10:45 PM
Janan gritted his teeth as the electricity coursed through him.Its an opportunity thing. He didn't give me an opening to exploit. Believe it or not, its not all that powerful. My blade is better till I need to hit right away.

Hmmm. We'll have to work on that then. There's no reason a power like that should go to waste. He snapped, and the chains released you. Follow. He walked out of the room without another word. The hitmonchan waited for you to leave before following you out. The trainer led you back to the training room, where your entrance garnered no reaction from anybody. We'll have a training system for you by tomorrow. Until then, please do as you like. Remember that sparring with a trainee without permission is strictly against the rules and will be punished severely.

Have a trainer xp for going through torture

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-15, 11:04 PM
Janan eyes the room for a moment, before approaching one of the guards. I wish to train my skill with my Scythe. May I please have it?

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-15, 11:15 PM
Janan eyes the room for a moment, before approaching one of the guards. I wish to train my skill with my Scythe. May I please have it?

The guard nodded and walked away in silence. When the guard returned, the guard carried your scythe and handed it to you silently. The guard then returned to the guard's post and stood there silently.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-15, 11:40 PM
Janan went over to a training dummy, twirling the scythe. He circled the dummy, feeling the weight of the blade as he twirled it. He focused his senses on how the blade's weight traveled, and how his muscles reacted. The balance of the weapon only mattered if his own balance was in tune with it.

He continued circling, but this time, he switched up his movements. He would twist the blade suddenly as if to block a blow or to fend off an attack. He realized his form was rather sloppy, as the haft slipped a fraction during one such motion. He continued his jerky movements, envisioning a myriad of attacks his way, and how he would block or dodge, while keeping his own momentum. If he lost his grip, he would lose his weapon.

Satisfied he had studied his own stance and his own weaknesses, he needed to see were he lacked in offense. He started off with drills. Step, slash, backstep, slash, sidestep, slash. He again paid attention to how the blade's weight moved, and how he put his own power behind it. Despite the grace of the weapon, the blade was rather heavy, tending towards heavier strikes than its design suggested. Which meant he needed to put his full force into a blow to use it properly.

Finally, he locked on the training dummy, who had watched his display with a blank countenance. He started circling again, twirling ever so gracefully. He charged at the dummy, switching his stance to allow the blade to twirl in one arm. He raised it high, grabbing the end of the haft putting his weight behind the haft, as the blade barred down on the dummy.

The curved blade slide into the dummy's arm, about mid-bicep. Even on a stationary target, he was sloppy. Inaccurate. By putting his full power behind it, he lost his precision. And if he didn't, he'd fail to leave a mark.

Janan continued his exercise till his muscles grew sore and the haft started slipping with every motion. The dummy was riddled with slits and cuts, though many were far from good blows.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-16, 03:52 AM
Oscar looked out over the lake, seeing if any interesting water types caught his eye.

WIS: [roll0]

Oh Come On!:smallmad:

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-16, 09:24 AM
Janan went over to a training dummy, twirling the scythe. He circled the dummy, feeling the weight of the blade as he twirled it. He focused his senses on how the blade's weight traveled, and how his muscles reacted. The balance of the weapon only mattered if his own balance was in tune with it.

He continued circling, but this time, he switched up his movements. He would twist the blade suddenly as if to block a blow or to fend off an attack. He realized his form was rather sloppy, as the haft slipped a fraction during one such motion. He continued his jerky movements, envisioning a myriad of attacks his way, and how he would block or dodge, while keeping his own momentum. If he lost his grip, he would lose his weapon.

Satisfied he had studied his own stance and his own weaknesses, he needed to see were he lacked in offense. He started off with drills. Step, slash, backstep, slash, sidestep, slash. He again paid attention to how the blade's weight moved, and how he put his own power behind it. Despite the grace of the weapon, the blade was rather heavy, tending towards heavier strikes than its design suggested. Which meant he needed to put his full force into a blow to use it properly.

Finally, he locked on the training dummy, who had watched his display with a blank countenance. He started circling again, twirling ever so gracefully. He charged at the dummy, switching his stance to allow the blade to twirl in one arm. He raised it high, grabbing the end of the haft putting his weight behind the haft, as the blade barred down on the dummy.

The curved blade slide into the dummy's arm, about mid-bicep. Even on a stationary target, he was sloppy. Inaccurate. By putting his full power behind it, he lost his precision. And if he didn't, he'd fail to leave a mark.

Janan continued his exercise till his muscles grew sore and the haft started slipping with every motion. The dummy was riddled with slits and cuts, though many were far from good blows.

As you examined the dummy, looking for the cuts that would show you where and how to improve your technique, a shrill whistle pierced the air. The children dropped what they were doing and walked to the door to stand in a line. As you joined them, manacles were slapped on your legs. A familiar looking chain now connected all of your group, and you shuffled out of the room.

They took you to the same mess hall that you had eaten in this morning. Once again, you were fed food of excellent quality. This time it was a large portion of miltank yogurt, strawberries (quite rare in the desert), and a light salad. After eating in relative silence, the guards once again lined your group up and led you out of the room. You traveled down more dank corridors lit dimly with torchlight, and they opened a door and put you all inside.

It was a room filled with benches and tables; a guard undid your manacles so that you could all sit where you wanted to. A woman was standing at the front of the room shuffling papers. When you had all settled, she passed one out to each of you. It was covered with the markings of the Haraneese language.

Reading and writing are of essential importance to an assassin. There will be a time when you are alone, in a city that you've never visited before, and you need to communicate with somebody you can't meet in person. You must then give a message in writing. You can't trust scribes to not reveal your identity to your target. As a killer, you must work completely independent of all others while on a mission. No trainee will pass the practical examinations if they do not know how to read and write. Once we have mastered writing, I will move on to the code the Silver Knives use to communicate, but that point is a long time off. For now we will be practicing letter shapes. Eventually, you street rats will be able to string together a word or two.

For those of you who cannot yet read, please come see me. For those of you who can, please follow the instructions on the paper to begin learning how to write. One boy rose and walked to the woman, who sent him into a small room off to the side.

Your paper was worn, obviously used by several of these classes over the years. It described the various letter shapes and how to write them. It then had you scribing these shapes on a separate piece of paper hundreds of times so your hands got used to the motions. The teacher was walking around the room, looking at the children's work and critiquing where appropriate.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-16, 09:26 AM
Oscar looked out over the lake, seeing if any interesting water types caught his eye.

WIS: [roll0]

Oh Come On!:smallmad:

As you were looking out over the calm surface of the lake, you failed to notice the water bubbling at your feet. It seemed as if there was an explosion, as a giant shelled creature burst from the water and bit into you for 27 physical dark damage and flinching you. Some of what appeared to be its prevolutions lurked behind it.

End of surprise round, begin round one. Enemies have speed 8. map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdDdiQkRtaDhFeXVJZ2ZCSzlrOGNSQ nc#gid=11)

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-16, 09:36 AM
Janan got to work on transcribing the letters. It was slow going, his hands weren't steady. He was sore and his form was sloppy. He had never thought he'd need to learn to write. It seemed like a useless skill. But yet... he had to rely on that scribe. He was very suddenly nervous the scribe wouldn't keep his mouth shut.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-16, 10:37 AM
Janan got to work on transcribing the letters. It was slow going, his hands weren't steady. He was sore and his form was sloppy. He had never thought he'd need to learn to write. It seemed like a useless skill. But yet... he had to rely on that scribe. He was very suddenly nervous the scribe wouldn't keep his mouth shut.

While you made a little process during the four hours you sat in the room scribing letters onto a piece of paper, you had a long way to go before any semblance of writing ability came to you. After writing, you had dinner, and then you were taken back to your house room. Everybody relaxed in much the same way they had yesterday, silently practicing.

Then something interesting happened. About every ten minutes, a guard came to the room and took one of the children. Ten minutes later he returned, deposited the child, and took another. Eventually it was your turn to be led out of the room. When you arrived in a small room with a single desk, the teacher who was in charge of the writing class greeted you.

Please take a seat Janan. I think its time that we got to know you a little better. As you can probably guess, we like to have an intimate understanding of our trainees in order to choose the training methods most appropriate for them. This includes a thorough background analysis, which is what you're here for today. According to Mar's report on you, you appeared to the Hand a little while ago from the life of a street rat. However, there is no information on where you came from or what your life is like. Why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself and your past?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-16, 06:24 PM
Whats there to say? I grew up in Dahr el-Shiekh with my parents. They ran into some trouble when I was young and we all got sent into the slave pits.
The General there, he must have taken pity on me or something. I was his kid's personal assistant, which for a slave is pretty lavish. I was with him for all of his military training, so I picked up on some of it. Not too long ago, I decided I had enough and escaped. I snuck into a caravan heading away and ended up in Kamfrietta. You know the rest.

Major
2013-08-16, 06:43 PM
Ovelia felt a bit uncomfortable when her arrival caused such a response but moved to get some food giving a polite smile and nod to people as she passed on her way to the food.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-16, 08:35 PM
Whats there to say? I grew up in Dahr el-Shiekh with my parents. They ran into some trouble when I was young and we all got sent into the slave pits.
The General there, he must have taken pity on me or something. I was his kid's personal assistant, which for a slave is pretty lavish. I was with him for all of his military training, so I picked up on some of it. Not too long ago, I decided I had enough and escaped. I snuck into a caravan heading away and ended up in Kamfrietta. You know the rest.

The woman was scribbling away at her piece of parchment as you talked. She continued writing for ten or eleven seconds after you finished before putting her quill down.

Dahr el-Shiekh eh? And their last names ar ethe same as yours? She glared over her parchment at you. What on earth did they do to end up in the slave pits?

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-16, 08:36 PM
Ovelia felt a bit uncomfortable when her arrival caused such a response but moved to get some food giving a polite smile and nod to people as she passed on her way to the food.

You got your dinner (sausage, leek soup, bread, and cranberry pie) and ate it heartily. Like always, the mess gave you a large bag of grub for you to take back to your rooms for your pokemon to eat.

Perception for when you leave

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-16, 11:35 PM
Crap. Ya Ruh. I dunno what they did. They came and took us in the night. I was only 10. No answered when I asked, after a while I stopped asking. It didn't matter why I was there, but only that I was. I didn't see them much after that. They made a point of avoiding me and each other. I guess to protect each other.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-17, 12:57 AM
Crap. Ya Ruh. I dunno what they did. They came and took us in the night. I was only 10. No answered when I asked, after a while I stopped asking. It didn't matter why I was there, but only that I was. I didn't see them much after that. They made a point of avoiding me and each other. I guess to protect each other.

The teacher's face was completely blank as she continued to scribble away at her piece of parchment. This time she didn't wait for herself to finish before speaking again. At first, she seemed to be talking to herself, but then she began to address you more directly. Hmmm. I suppose it doesn't matter too much anyhow. Most of our trainees have not ties with their family, so it makes you a little bit less abnormal. And you can believe me when I tell you that you're too abnormal for your own good.

Now. I'd like to discuss your life as a street rat. How did you survive? Were you hungry, cold, without a roof over your head? Surely it could not have been the, well I wouldn't call it cushy lifestyle, but certainly a decent one as a house slave.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-17, 08:21 PM
It wasn't easy, I guess. I lived off stolen rations in the caravan I stowed away in, and when I got to Kamfrietta, I just picked pockets and stole food to get by. Sleeping in alleyways wasn't fun but when is it ever?After I noticed my body was wasting away on scraps, I decided to find a some more ahem honest work. My first mission snagged me a place to stay, which was nice. If your wondering if I prefer sleeping with a roof than without, I'd rather with. Not that I wouldn't if I had to, just a preference.

Janan had been relaxing back a bit up until this point. Now, he leaned forward, taking off his air of casualty. Now if I may be so bold, I have a few questions of my own, if you don't mind.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-17, 09:20 PM
It wasn't easy, I guess. I lived off stolen rations in the caravan I stowed away in, and when I got to Kamfrietta, I just picked pockets and stole food to get by. Sleeping in alleyways wasn't fun but when is it ever?After I noticed my body was wasting away on scraps, I decided to find a some more ahem honest work. My first mission snagged me a place to stay, which was nice. If your wondering if I prefer sleeping with a roof than without, I'd rather with. Not that I wouldn't if I had to, just a preference.

Janan had been relaxing back a bit up until this point. Now, he leaned forward, taking off his air of casualty. Now if I may be so bold, I have a few questions of my own, if you don't mind.

The woman seemed rather taken aback by your forwardness. She stopped what she had been about so say, and placed her quill once more to parchment. Very well Janan. I can't guarantee that I'll answer any of the questions you ask me, but you're more than free to ask questions while in this room. I'd remember that the others aren't quite so forgiving of an open attitude however. You'll get a beating if you try this with them.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-17, 09:25 PM
Noted on both accounts. Janan shifted a bit. First I'd like to ask more of a question of resoures. I've been told this little elite assassin squad your training here is no bigger than 15 members at a time. I suspect you get a fair amount of deaths, either from failing a mission and landing in the enemy's hands or your own. So I see the need to have new recruits in training at all times. What I don't understand is why do you put so much time and effort into training kids, only to weed out all but a small handful. Surely the dropouts could be used in more mundane Hand matters. They were a notch above the rest, that's what got them sent here wasn't it? Seems a waste of good (if not excellent) talent and training, no?

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-17, 09:55 PM
Noted on both accounts. Janan shifted a bit. First I'd like to ask more of a question of resoures. I've been told this little elite assassin squad your training here is no bigger than 15 members at a time. I suspect you get a fair amount of deaths, either from failing a mission and landing in the enemy's hands or your own. So I see the need to have new recruits in training at all times. What I don't understand is why do you put so much time and effort into training kids, only to weed out all but a small handful. Surely the dropouts could be used in more mundane Hand matters. They were a notch above the rest, that's what got them sent here wasn't it? Seems a waste of good (if not excellent) talent and training, no?

We value our own secrecy a fair bit more than the talent level of the rest of the hand. The very existence of the organization is known by only a select few, and they deny any claims that our organization might exist. If we were to let our recruits go out into the world after failing to make the Knives, word would get out about who we are, where we're located, and how our assassins our trained.

Those who do fail but don't die are either assigned to guard or servant detail. We loose a fair amount during training, and we kill those who we don't feel we can trust, but the rest stay on site as staff. Additionally, we only rarely pull people off the street that are over the age of eight. You are a huge exception to the norm. There are still plenty of talented people working throughout the hand. We'll pick people up who show promise in unique areas however. For instance, three years ago we picked up a fourteen year old girl who had developed the abilities of an influential. She now holds a position in the knives. Generally however, we like to train them from a young age.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-17, 10:19 PM
Yes, I was informed I was a bit over aged. If I may, what makes me so special? I don't have mastery of Image Magic to the point of domination, like that girl, nor any ability to similar degree. And to that point, where does my specialness stop being relevant? I'm assuming the answer is "It already has" but I'm curious nonetheless. I'm not asking for special treatment, don't expect any either.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-17, 10:33 PM
Yes, I was informed I was a bit over aged. If I may, what makes me so special? I don't have mastery of Image Magic to the point of domination, like that girl, nor any ability to similar degree. And to that point, where does my specialness stop being relevant? I'm assuming the answer is "It already has" but I'm curious nonetheless. I'm not asking for special treatment, don't expect any either.

Your ability is certainly less useful than an influential, but your abilities are rare. You can fight without weapons if needed, and you can hit targets from a range without weapons. We're content enough to collect you, but where you go from here is up to you. It's not like we're starving for recruits. You simply represented an opportunity; we took it. You're quite right to expect no special treatment. At the moment, you're actually quite a bit further behind than we'd like you to be.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-17, 10:48 PM
Which brings me to my next question. I'm assuming since age is one of your criteria, its a factor of our training. My training. I get the feeling I'm behind because of my age. I suppose its presumptuous to ask how training goes here, in the long term. What would be expected of me if I was here from a child till now, and where you expect me to be in the future. I'd like to know if I'm far behind or very far behind. It helps me keep perspective, you know, if I'm likely going to die or only probably.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-17, 10:52 PM
Which brings me to my next question. I'm assuming since age is one of your criteria, its a factor of our training. My training. I get the feeling I'm behind because of my age. I suppose its presumptuous to ask how training goes here, in the long term. What would be expected of me if I was here from a child till now, and where you expect me to be in the future. I'd like to know if I'm far behind or very far behind. It helps me keep perspective, you know, if I'm likely going to die or only probably.

We will have tests. I suggest you pass them. That's all that matters.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-17, 10:56 PM
Of course of course. Sorry to interrupt, that's all my questions. Please, do continue with yours. He waved his hand dismissively. He got what he wanted. He got his perspective.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-17, 11:18 PM
Of course of course. Sorry to interrupt, that's all my questions. Please, do continue with yours. He waved his hand dismissively. He got what he wanted. He got his perspective.

Well, my questions are mostly finished. All I'd like to do now is stress that your life with us could be quite comfortable. The highest ranked trainees are given their own rooms with luxuries that you could only dream of. It only gets better if you join the Knives proper. Money, prestige, power, women. All these things can be yours if you devote yourself to our cause. Work hard Janan, you can go far if you set your mind to it, I'm sure about that.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-17, 11:25 PM
I spent three years biding my time and learning every possible escape route out of el-Shiekh. I think I can manage. A confident smirk was plastered on his face. He could escape the slave pits, he had nothing to gain there. Here, he'd let them train him, make him stronger. Only after he was done, would he leave. He was in control, no matter how it looked.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-17, 11:34 PM
I spent three years biding my time and learning every possible escape route out of el-Shiekh. I think I can manage. A confident smirk was plastered on his face. He could escape the slave pits, he had nothing to gain there. Here, he'd let them train him, make him stronger. Only after he was done, would he leave. He was in control, no matter how it looked.

The woman's eyes narrowed as you spoke. Obviously the woman knew, or at least suspected, what you were thinking. Well, I suppose our little session is over. Reflect on what I've said. You can look forwards to death or a life of luxury. Don't make the wrong choice. You were escorted back to the room, the room which would now serve as home, and locked in with the rest of your cohort.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-17, 11:44 PM
Janan sat down in an empty area, crossing his legs. He inhaled deeply, seeking to meditate for the night. If he could control his body, he could control his mind, he could control anything. It didn't matter if she knew or not.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 08:58 AM
Janan sat down in an empty area, crossing his legs. He inhaled deeply, seeking to meditate for the night. If he could control his body, he could control his mind, he could control anything. It didn't matter if she knew or not.

As you meditated, a loud clanking sound of the door opening reached your ears. When you opened your eyes, you saw that the guards had been nice enough to grace your cohort with an evening snack to give you energy in the morning. You were all tossed apples by a slave girl who was heavily muscled. A slave girl whom you've been looking for.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 09:34 AM
Was only a matter of time, wasn't it? Janan heartily ate the apple, trying to make eye contact with her. She was obviously one of the failed trainee's here, so he might have to give her a bit of convincing.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 03:05 PM
Was only a matter of time, wasn't it? Janan heartily ate the apple, trying to make eye contact with her. She was obviously one of the failed trainee's here, so he might have to give her a bit of convincing.

The girl didn't seem to notice your attempts, and she left after distributing the fruit to the trainees.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 03:30 PM
He had time. Besides of which, it wasn't exactly smart to talk about that openly, in front of others. After finishing the apple, he went back to meditating.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 05:04 PM
He had time. Besides of which, it wasn't exactly smart to talk about that openly, in front of others. After finishing the apple, he went back to meditating.

Your night was quiet, and you went to bed on the hard stone floor like the last night. When you woke, you were taken to the mess, where you were once again fed an oddly high quality breakfast for such meager excuses for personal space. Then, you were taken down to the same training room that you had been in yesterday. The old sadist who ran the room was working with the telekinetic boy, but a guard in black approached you and took you over to a secluded portion of the room.

The master had developed a training schedule to develop your talents in the life force. We will begin immediately. Now, please activate your ability and describe to me my life force.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 05:07 PM
Janan nodded, focusing on a single point on the man's chin. Anything to focus on.

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-18, 05:55 PM
Blade dashes out and swims onto the water, releasing a blast of electrical energy on the 3 smaller things.

Blade uses Discharge on L10 and hits W1, W2 and W3

[roll0], base 2, para on 15+
[roll1], s electric

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 06:15 PM
Janan nodded, focusing on a single point on the man's chin. Anything to focus on.

[roll0]

The man waited about a minute before barking out in a loud voice Well boy? What do you see?

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 06:16 PM
Your attack slams into the smaller turtles, though they had protected themselves by retreating into their shells. The patriarch had ducked underwater to avoid the attack, and it burst out of the water like a typhoon. It spun rapidly, a wheel of destruction that slammed into the lot of you. It hit Blade and Oscar, but was so low on momentum, that Shield simply pushed the spinning shell below its levitating body. Oscar and Blade however, took 56 physical water damage each.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 06:17 PM
The End of a Story

It was the middle of the evening in The Blind Luxio, as the crowded alehouse listened to a man telling the famous story of one of its local celebrities: Theo Aleato. The man talked with extraordinary gusto and poise. Such a good storyteller was he that, not even halfway through the night, several Gold already lined the inside of a bag set on the floor in front of him.

The man was currently telling the story of Theo's first famous heist. He had sneaked into the house of a noble with the bodysnatcher K when the two had been separated. Theo snuck out of the house with his trusty Torch at his side. Having been separated from his partner, he didn't learn until the next day that she had been caught. Two days later her body hung on the gallows in the town's plaza.

Theo went on to be an instrumental part of Lord Tarril's monopoly on trade with the Achaemian Empire, and he provided his pet with anything he wanted. At the same time, Theo continued his illicit activities, and a rumors of a new psychic thief by the name of Shadowdancer. He could walk through walls, turn invisible, and rob the light of any room he entered. None saw his face, and those who tried too hard ended up with a few more burns than they'd like to have.

Eventually however, the Shadowdancer bit off more than he could chew. He tried to rob a bank, but he underestimated the defenses placed upon the safehouses of the world's gold. So he fled the city, Arcanine hot on his heels, and stowed away on a ship - a pirate ship.

The ship took him to Shipwreck Cove, where he quickly got himself into trouble. Neria, the most beautiful pirate in the isles and captain of the Shipwreck Cove Crew, had a necklace stolen by him, and she was not happy. As she was on the brink of chopping off his head, he managed to convince her to dice with him for his life. Taken aback, she agreed, and the two played. Using his abilities for mirages, telekinesis, and mind reading, Theo trounced the woman. Impressed by his skill at the art of cheating, Neria let him live as a house servant. Eventually, the two became lovers. They sailed together for years, and his skills became something of a legend in the Islands. Then, he vanished without a trace in Miristan, never to be seen by the pirates again.

In Miristan, Theo got involved in the court of the rogue. His reputation as the Shadowdancer quickly caught up to him, and he rose through the ranks rapidly. By now, Theo had mastered the arts of flying in addition to his other talents. His core team: a Lampent, Electabuzz, and Honchcrow were quite as skilled in the art of thievery as Theo himself was, and they had a successful career. After stealing the crown jewels of all three of the three nations and depositing them in the bedrooms of their opposing Royal nations, he found that this place bored him. There was no challenge to the thievery here, nothing left to accomplish. So, he set out to his homeland once more to finish what he started.

For five long years Theo planned his theft. Then, he made his move. By using his own prodigious skills, paying off men years in advance who now worked as part of the security forces, and killing the right people, Theo had found a way into the place no thief had gone before. The next morning, over one hundred million Gold had disappeared from the bank vault of Sarn, with a single Honchcrow feather left in its wake - the sign of the Shadowdancer. A luxury ship had been stolen the same night by a man with an oddly powerful Chandelure. The ship was never seen again, nor was the gold, nor was Theo. He vanished after achieving the pinnacle of thievery. There was nothing left for him in this world to accomplish. It is said however, that if a thief ever manages to do something that it is said that the Shadowdancer will reappear to perform an even more impressive heist. However, that was long ago, and it is likely that Theo has died by now. Still, no man has ever claimed to equal the man who danced with the shadows.

And that my friends, is the story of Theo Aleato, thief extraordinaire, swashbuckler, manipulator of nations, and the only man who ever outsmarted the Pirate Queen of Shipwreck Cove in a game of dice. As the elderly bard finished his story, the alehouse burst into cheers. The story of the great thief Theo was a well known one in Orothan, the thief's hometown, but so gripping was this man's telling of it that it almost as if he knew the rogue in person. Nobody noticed the invisible Chandelure floating behind the man, nor realized the significance of the Honchcrow feather in the man's leather hat.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure. Its never come easy. Lemme try again. FOCUS!

[roll0]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure. Its never come easy. Lemme try again. FOCUS!

[roll0]

Colors bloomed around the man. It was red, not light, but not nearly as dark as some of the other's you'd seen. What about now? He demanded.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 06:55 PM
Your red. Not overly dark, but not light. By comparison, though, much brighter than the typical fare here.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 06:59 PM
Turn it off, the man commanded.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 07:05 PM
Janan blinked, the colors fading fast. Ok...

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 07:08 PM
Janan blinked, the colors fading fast. Ok...

Stay here. When I come back, activate your aura again, and point out which one is the real me. He walked out of your line of vision, and five men walked into it several seconds later. They were all dressed as the guard was. If he was among them, you couldn't pick him out by sight alone.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 07:12 PM
Janan focused on a particular crack on the floor.

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-18, 07:27 PM
Blade shifts aboutin the water, and makes a mental connection with Oscar. Oscar borrows his power, and both charge up and unleash giant bolts of thunder at their targets. Shield focuses his mental powers on the large one.

TBolt on W2 and W3 from Blade
[roll0], base 2, para 19-20
[roll1], s electric

Oscar uses Borrow on Blade, and Borrows TBolt.

TBolt on the big guy from Oscar
[roll2], base 2, para 19-20
[roll3]

Extrasensory on big blue from Shield
[roll4], base 2, flinch on 19-20
[roll5]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 07:51 PM
Janan focused on a particular crack on the floor.

[roll0]

While the colors of the men's auras bloomed into life, they didn't move. In fact, they gave no indication that they were doing anything but standing there. Each of their auras was darker than what you might consider acceptable, but the original guards stood out at you as the only red. He was standing in the middle of the line.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 08:01 PM
Blade shifts aboutin the water, and makes a mental connection with Oscar. Oscar borrows his power, and both charge up and unleash giant bolts of thunder at their targets. Shield focuses his mental powers on the large one.

TBolt on W2 and W3 from Blade
[roll0], base 2, para 19-20
[roll1], s electric

Oscar uses Borrow on Blade, and Borrows TBolt.

TBolt on the big guy from Oscar
[roll2], base 2, para 19-20
[roll3]

Extrasensory on big blue from Shield
[roll4], base 2, flinch on 19-20
[roll5]

The two little turtles were fried by the attack. They wouldn't rise again. The large turtle, which roared his name Blastoise, dodged Shield's attack, and tanked your borrowed move. The blastoise kept spinning and spraying water in a large circle dealing 33 special water damage to Shield and Oscar. The other wartortle dashed at Blade dealing 36 physical dark damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 08:06 PM
You in the middle.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 08:09 PM
You in the middle.

Good, the man said. His tone was approving. Go, he commanded, and the other guards walked off. Now turn it off. His voice was rather amused. Apparently he enjoyed giving orders like this. Perhaps bitterness that others got the opportunity that he missed.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 08:12 PM
Janan blinked again, shutting them off.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 08:17 PM
Janan blinked again, shutting them off.

Now turn it back on.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 08:25 PM
Janan concentrating drilling a hole right through his head.

1d20+

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 08:36 PM
Janan concentrating drilling a hole right through his head.

1d20+

When you indicated that your aura had once again activated, he led you to a dummy. It was made of wood and painted the dark brown of so many desert people. There were targets painted onto it: head, chest, and stomach. The guard pointed to it. Use your power to hit it. To hit it from a range.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-18, 08:37 PM
Oscar backs off, grinning. His armour was once again showing it's worth. 'Good. You're a strong one. Come! Come at me! Show me your strength and I shall answer in kind.'

While Oscar was drawing it's attention, Blade blasts at the creatures while Shiled tries to send one to sleep.

Oscar uses Distraction

Blade uses Discharge on I11 and hits W1 and Big Blue
[roll0], base 2
[roll1], s electric

Shield uses Hypnosis
[roll2], base 6, causes sleep

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 08:42 PM
Alright. Janan got into a fighting pose. He inhaled deeply, letting the Aura surge through him. It concentrated into a point in his palms, which he thrust forward in a blast of energy, expelling the air around it.

[roll0] AC 2

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 08:49 PM
Alright. Janan got into a fighting pose. He inhaled deeply, letting the Aura surge through him. It concentrated into a point in his palms, which he thrust forward in a blast of energy, expelling the air around it.

[roll0] AC 2

The guard nodded approvingly. Good. Very good. How many more times are you able to do that?

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 08:50 PM
Oscar backs off, grinning. His armour was once again showing it's worth. 'Good. You're a strong one. Come! Come at me! Show me your strength and I shall answer in kind.'

While Oscar was drawing it's attention, Blade blasts at the creatures while Shiled tries to send one to sleep.

Oscar uses Distraction

Blade uses Discharge on I11 and hits W1 and Big Blue
[roll0], base 2
[roll1], s electric

Shield uses Hypnosis
[roll2], base 6, causes sleep

Fortunately for you, the pokemon never had the chance to rise to the challenge. It fell to the ground unconscious to the powerful discharge of electricity. The wartortle chose to flee instead of fight without its patriarch, and it dove underneath the water to flee the scene of carnage.

3850 exp

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 08:54 PM
Janan decided to answer this himself. He rapidly repeated his actions, but nothing came of it. Once.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-18, 08:59 PM
Oscar planted his boot on the creatures head. 'It that all you have Blastoise? Is that all the spirit you can muster?' He gave the creature a kick to see if it would awaken.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 09:00 PM
Janan decided to answer this himself. He rapidly repeated his actions, but nothing came of it. Once.

Well that's unfortunate. We'll have to work on your endurance. Every day, you are to report to this area at the start of training to work on your ability to manipulate this power. For now, you're free to do whatever training you'd like to.

Have a trainer xp

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 09:01 PM
Oscar planted his boot on the creatures head. 'It that all you have Blastoise? Is that all the spirit you can muster?' He gave the creature a kick to see if it would awaken.

The blastoise did not respond. It had been knocked out by Blade's powerful electric type attacks. It's water type made it especially vulnerable to these kinds of assaults.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-18, 09:12 PM
Oscar spits on the ground.

'And these things are supposed to be strong?'

He sticks his blade through it's neck, finishing it off.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 09:16 PM
Oscar spits on the ground.

'And these things are supposed to be strong?'

He sticks his blade through it's neck, finishing it off.

Blood spurted out of the Blastoise's wound. You now had three dead turtle pokemon on your proverbial plate, and a lot of meat to eat before tomorrow morning.

IrnBruAddict
2013-08-18, 09:23 PM
He took out his sword and set about cutting the large shell off it's back. 'Shield, lift the big one back to town. We'll see if we can get any gold for it's meat. Perhaps the villagers will pay for something other than fish?'

Oscar grabed one of the smaller ones and tossed it over his shoulder then grabbed the other. 'These two shall do nicely for dinner. I think Blade has more than earned his share tonight.'

Storing the shell away for crafting

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 09:25 PM
Janan retrieved his scythe, beginning training like last time. Feeling the weight, and where it goes, and how to use it to his advantage.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 10:05 PM
Janan retrieved his scythe, beginning training like last time. Feeling the weight, and where it goes, and how to use it to his advantage.

Your training lasted only half as long as the training yesterday had done. They pulled your cohort our of the training room and into the hallway and another room. This one was an arena commonly used for pokemon battles, and it was surrounded by raised benches carved into the stone that made up this whole complex. The old man trainer took the middle of the arena.

Today we will be working on pokemon battling. It's a skill you all need to develop. We have sample pokemon for you to battle with today. Each of you will have two to three matches. Please come choose the two pokemon you would like to use.

A black clothed guard approached you with a small box. Inside were the pokeballs you recognized as yours. The trainer approached you. Choose two. You will put them back when we are finished.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 10:13 PM
Janan nodded, picking up Fury and Happiness' balls.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 10:23 PM
Janan nodded, picking up Fury and Happiness' balls.

You watched a couple of battles before your name was called. There had been an especially exciting match between a girl who knew pokemon inside and out, and a particularly acute battler whose Cubone swept the opponent's team. Then, you were called down to the field where the telekinetic boy faced you. He released a little blue bird onto the field that quacked loudly.

Speed 13

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-18, 10:52 PM
Janan released Happiness into the arena. Alright, lets see your new moves in action.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-18, 11:00 PM
Janan released Happiness into the arena. Alright, lets see your new moves in action.

The duck spins through the air in an intricate pattern of wings and feathers that was impossible to dodge. The bird slammed into Happiness for 32 physical fighting damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-19, 01:03 AM
Happiness tumbles backwards from the blow, but stays strong. Hit him with Sweet Kiss! The Togetic puckered her lips, sending a big smoochums at the opposing flying type.

[roll0] AC 6 Confusion

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 10:13 AM
Happiness tumbles backwards from the blow, but stays strong. Hit him with Sweet Kiss! The Togetic puckered her lips, sending a big smoochums at the opposing flying type.

[roll0] AC 6 Confusion

The duck dodged the sweet kiss and lets out a blast of water that engulfed the area around him, including Happiness. Happily, the togetic spun out of the way of the attack, and took no damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-19, 10:45 AM
Happiness, hit it with Shadow Ball! Happiness drew in a mass of inky blackness, firing it at the bird.

[roll0] Shadow Ball AC 2 Special Ghost -1 Sdef on 18+
[roll1]

Major
2013-08-19, 01:05 PM
Sorry bought slow replies, weekends are bad for me mixed with job hunting.

After thanking the cook, Ovelia sat down and ate her food while thinking about the mission. It would be starting in the next few days and was vital to the safety of everything she loved. She was nervous and worried, but tried to push aside the fear. She knew it was important that she succeeded no matter what.

Once she was done, Ovelia got up and headed out of the area to head back to her room.

Perception: [roll0]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 02:18 PM
He took out his sword and set about cutting the large shell off it's back. 'Shield, lift the big one back to town. We'll see if we can get any gold for it's meat. Perhaps the villagers will pay for something other than fish?'

Oscar grabed one of the smaller ones and tossed it over his shoulder then grabbed the other. 'These two shall do nicely for dinner. I think Blade has more than earned his share tonight.'

Storing the shell away for crafting

Sorry for forgetting about you Irn! Whenever this happens, just shoot me a PM saying that I'm stupid.

As you carried the pokemon into town, the villagers gathered around. Some of them looked hungry enough to try and get the meat and run, but the sword on your back looked a little to sharp for any of them to really try and steal your meat.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 02:21 PM
Happiness, hit it with Shadow Ball! Happiness drew in a mass of inky blackness, firing it at the bird.

[roll0] Shadow Ball AC 2 Special Ghost -1 Sdef on 18+
[roll1]

It looked like one more solid hit would bring the duck down, but it swooped around in a wide circle to charge at Happiness with a wing spread out for 35 physical flying damage.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 02:22 PM
Sorry bought slow replies, weekends are bad for me mixed with job hunting.

After thanking the cook, Ovelia sat down and ate her food while thinking about the mission. It would be starting in the next few days and was vital to the safety of everything she loved. She was nervous and worried, but tried to push aside the fear. She knew it was important that she succeeded no matter what.

Once she was done, Ovelia got up and headed out of the area to head back to her room.

Perception: [roll0]

You were walking through a courtyard when it happened. Two thugs ran out at you. Each held a naked blade in their hand, and each swung at you wildly. Their form was sloppy; it was obvious that they were not experienced sword fighters, but they certainly knew how to be ferocious. They got lucky however, and one hit you in a vital point, while the other got a good hit in on your leg. You take 19, and 40 physical normal damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-19, 02:51 PM
Happiness, hit it with Water Pulse! A pulse of water erupts from the bird-things mouth.

[roll0] AC 2 Confuse 14+ Special Water
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 03:13 PM
Happiness, hit it with Water Pulse! A pulse of water erupts from the bird-things mouth.

[roll0] AC 2 Confuse 14+ Special Water
[roll1]

The duck went down, though the attack looked like it had barely knocked it out of attentiveness. The kid gritted his teeth and released another pokemon. This one was a small red humanoid who spat flames at Happiness for 21 special fire damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-19, 03:17 PM
Happiness faltered, before falling to the ground limp. Alright then, Fury, your up. The dragon appeared, rasping angrily.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 03:28 PM
Happiness faltered, before falling to the ground limp. Alright then, Fury, your up. The dragon appeared, rasping angrily.

The red pokemon disappeared before suddenly attacking from behind with unnerving accuracy. The attack did 31 Dark physical damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-19, 03:31 PM
Fury, take to the skies! Dragon Rage. Fury flapped furiously to gain altitude, before firing a jet of purple flames.

[roll0] AC 2 Special
Deals 40 Unblockable

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 04:03 PM
Fury, take to the skies! Dragon Rage. Fury flapped furiously to gain altitude, before firing a jet of purple flames.

[roll0] AC 2 Special
Deals 40 Unblockable

The pokemon cringed in pain, but worked through it. He raised his head into the air and blew out ... nothing. A strange disturbance in the air floated up to Fury, and, before he could react, he was surrounded in some kind of transparent corrosive gas. It dealt 35 special poison damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-19, 04:08 PM
Fury fell to the smog, falling like a lump to the floor. ****.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 04:47 PM
Fury fell to the smog, falling like a lump to the floor. ****.

A guard healed your pokemon, and you were sent to sit and watch some more matches. Once again the guards called your names to come down for a battle. A quiet girl faced you this time, her foul smelling plant pokemon on the field.

Speed 4

700 mon exp

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-19, 04:53 PM
Janan opens with Happiness again. Start off with Yawn. We need an early upper hand.

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 05:01 PM
Janan opens with Happiness again. Start off with Yawn. We need an early upper hand.

Two can play at that game the girl countered. The gloom poured out spores that landed on Happiness putting her asleep before the gloom fell asleep itself.

Just give me a bunch of sleep rolls in a spoiler so we know when you wake up.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-19, 05:04 PM
Snore fest!
[roll0] 16
[roll1] 14
[roll2] 12
[roll3] 10
[roll4] 8
[roll5] 6
[roll6] 4
[roll7] 2
[roll8] 0
[roll9] -2

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 05:06 PM
Snore fest!
[roll0] 16
[roll1] 14
[roll2] 12
[roll3] 10
[roll4] 8
[roll5] 6
[roll6] 4
[roll7] 2
[roll8] 0
[roll9] -2

The battle takes an uneventful turn as both trainers wait on tenderhooks to see whose pokemon wakes up first. It was happiness. She woke with a start and looked to you for instructions.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-19, 05:09 PM
Alright, take advantage of this. Get up high and hit it with Shadow Ball. With a gentle flap of her wings, Happiness rose in the air gracefully, shooting down an inky orb at the slumbering plant.

[roll0] AC 2 Special Ghost 15+ -1 Sdef
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 05:14 PM
Alright, take advantage of this. Get up high and hit it with Shadow Ball. With a gentle flap of her wings, Happiness rose in the air gracefully, shooting down an inky orb at the slumbering plant.

[roll0] AC 2 Special Ghost 15+ -1 Sdef
[roll1]

The plant slept through the attack, giving Happiness another chance to attack with impunity. The girl gritted her teeth, she was obviously frustrated that she was losing to the new guy.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-19, 05:16 PM
Now, Water Pulse. A deluge of water explodes, showering the field and the Gloom.

[roll0] AC 2 Special Water 14+ confuses
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 05:38 PM
Now, Water Pulse. A deluge of water explodes, showering the field and the Gloom.

[roll0] AC 2 Special Water 14+ confuses
[roll1]

The gloom took very little, if any damage from the water pulse attack. The pokemon shook itself awake and shot another plume of spores that Poisoned Happiness. She obviously wanted to try and stall you out.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-19, 05:41 PM
Don't pay it anymind, Shadow Ball.

[roll0] 15+ -1 sdEF
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2013-08-19, 06:15 PM
Don't pay it anymind, Shadow Ball.

[roll0] 15+ -1 sdEF
[roll1]

The Gloom seemed to be on its last legs. It blew some more poweder at Happiness, but the spores fell short of their target.