PDA

View Full Version : Keep on the Shadowfell (IC)

Ghost49X
2013-07-28, 08:38 PM
The Gilded Lady, Highmoon
After a long and exhausting hot day you end up at a small tavern in the large town of Highmoon for well deserved refreshments as the heat finally cools down. Inside a low fire burns in the hearth of the comfortable but empty common room with the exception of a lone human man.

Fiodor
2013-07-28, 10:18 PM
Sunha

Sunha was standing there, his feet sore of walking, his large reinforced shield resting against the bar. Fresh ale. A smile on his tired face.

He asked Brown Bear: would you like some ale there mate? but he didn't wait for an answer and ordered some.

If he doesn't i'll have it myself. Scorching day today

He scanned the room trying to gauge the people there, he had noticed the lmposing minotaur upon entering.

uncommon lass if you ask me

Wdwune
2013-07-28, 10:30 PM
Brown Bear

The ranger downed his glass of mead and enjoyed it in his mouth before swallowing. At first sight, he looks like a brawny brown-haired human with a beard, but most perceptive people can see nonhuman fangs in his mouth.

"Yeah thanks pal, I could have some of that," he replied to Sunha the half-orc. "This mead wasn't what I expected, but I think some ale would do it for now..."

He then realized his fighter companion was looking back. "What?" he said with a small smirk. "Never seen a bunch like that?"

onlie2005
2013-07-28, 11:02 PM
Maria Fireheart

Sitting near the fire, warming herself on the couch was a small child, around 3 feet 10 inches tall. She was fairskinned with a touch of sallowness indicating that she might be of mixed heritage. The little girl had long, wavy, reddish brown hair and hazel eyes. Her attire consisted of a light blue shirt, brown pants, a pair of black boots and a hooded green cloak.

Currently she was sitting in a fetal position, knees brought up to her chest and cradling her backpack in her lap, hugging her body close to her. This seem to indicate that she was a lonely and very sad little girl. You can see it in her eyes if you look closely. It was the look of someone who has been through a through a lot, weary and somewhat overwhelmed for such a short life so far.

She had been grateful that the innkeeper had no qualms about letting her stay so she did not argue. The girl largely minded her own business and just sat there and stared at the fire as she took the time to stay warm.

Dimers
2013-07-29, 12:49 PM
Ash Brat

The minotaur dropped her pack so it rested against the scarlet cloth of the couch, then flapped her rough hands through the red-brown fur of her head and neck. "Fooph. Good to take a load off. Barman -- two beers, if ya please. And a bucket of water. Seriously, just bring the whole bucket. Hey, Everleaf!" she called to the elf in the booth. "You want a good look at the hooves, now's yer chance!" She leaned back against the bar and started working at the tough leather bell boots covering her feet, then abruptly tipped over as her strength overcame her sense of balance. "Waugh!"

Cursing mildly but audibly, she grabbed the drinks off the bar and clomped around to sit on the couch, then resumed fighting with the boot. When she finally had one free, she pulled a short, sharp knife from a belt sheath and began trimming the hoof carefully.

While the minotaur worked, she glanced up at the men getting acquainted at the bar. "How do, fellahs. You fresh in from mercenary work? You look like you've got a bit of road on ya." It's not easy to read a cow's expression, but unlike most of her race, this minotaur seems to be interested in other people's stories.

She also takes a good look at the sad-looking girl sitting across from her. Her eyes unfocus for a moment as she thinks, The only kids I really got to know were my gang. I wonder how it would go over, treating this poor abandoned waif like one of them ...

Want to move to L6, please.

Fiodor
2013-07-29, 02:02 PM
SUNHA
Sunha finished his mug of ale on one single drink, whilst listening to the minotaur. He heard the creature calling the elf on the other corner of the bar. Then he noticed for the first time the small girl sitting on the couch. This is a fisrt.
He cleaned his mouth with a sweep of his hand and walked toward the minotaur, presenting his right hand on a friendly salute. And tried to seem frindly with a wide grin on his face, yellow tusks showing thru Name be Sunha, I come from Baldur's gate, although I've been visitng the south of late. Might you and the elf join us for a drink. I'm currently unemployed and any news on any opportunities would be well accepted

Wdwune
2013-07-29, 02:13 PM
Brown Bear

"So I am," the bearded humanoid contributed to Sunha's words as he reached a mug of ale and spoke to the minotaur. "Unemployed I mean. I have plenty of names but you may call me Brown Bear, it's what everyone remembers most. And who might you be?"

Ghost49X
2013-07-29, 02:45 PM
The man in the booth nods and greets Jimbley nervously in a quiet voice. "H-h-h-ello, Good Sir" Apon hearing the minotaur bellow, he shrinks a bit and returns his attention to his tea, seemingly preferring solitude.

Dimers
2013-07-29, 10:04 PM
Ash Brat

"Name's Ash Brat. 'Cos I slept in ash-cans and I was a brat when I was a kid. Sad to say, I'm out of work now too -- me an' the speedy guy in the canvas tunic over there have been walking together looking for food and excitement since a couple towns north of here. Haven't found any real work, but begging still puts food in the mouth. ... I think I scare people into giving." The minotaur winked. Then she chuckled to herself and added, "You two and me rumble into this place, all armor and blades and scars, and we start talking about how we're out a' work. Must be scaring the barkeep half to death. Unemployed people with weapons is bad mojo. Heh."

Not hiding her voice but speaking a little lower, she commented, "And the elf is aces in a bar brawl, himself. Four brothers tried to roll us on the road a ways back, and Jimbley just made 'em look like they were trying to beat each other up while waltzing ... drunk." Her face split to show a smile packed with very effective-looking teeth. She seemed to be enjoying the memory.

WaffleLord
2013-07-29, 10:43 PM
Jimbley

"Thank's for the the words, but my associate calls," Jimbley smiled to the shrinking man as he bounced of the stool and, ducking under a passing serving tray, gamboled over the back of the couch to a cross-legged landing on the sofa next to the little girl. He looked over to the bar where Ash's conversational targets were and gave a jaunty wave. With nary a glance at the girl, he turned to listen to the singing of the bard, quickly transfixed by the woman's melody.

Move to K7

Fiodor
2013-07-29, 10:52 PM
Sunha

Looked at the minotaur she has got a mouth! for the gates she does!

Well, sad to hear you have not any news. Then, slowly turning to the bartender stopping just to glance at the woman singing he said. good sir, beg your pardon if I'm too direct or bold but as you have seen and heard you got a few of the finest sellswords around drinking and eating but with no clue as what will we do tomorrow when the gold runs out. Do you have any idea where could an able sword find good use in this town?

Ghost49X
2013-07-29, 11:07 PM
Not long after you settle down with your drinks, a trio of tough-looking humans thread into the center of the tavern to look around. The man in the corner nervously leans back into the shadows of his booth but the leader of the group a scarred man in chainmail spots the patron and they cross the room, cornering him in the booth.

IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15710809#post15710809)
Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avw42_-q2BWldG81ZEtFdVR4UHh1c1g2QWtSOUViR1E#gid=0)
OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15719581#post15719581)

Fiodor
2013-07-29, 11:31 PM
Sunha

Upon seeing the trio Sunha stopped talking this might be the answer

He nodded to Brown Bear and started to move slowly to G11, playing with his shield making it roll along the floor and close to his leg. There he stopped and leaned against the wall looking at his nails and waiting.

onlie2005
2013-07-30, 10:11 AM
The girl sitting near the fireplace immediately tenses as she sees the three tough humans enter the tavern. Her eyes seem to move towards the other exit. Meanwhile her hand has reached to her right pocket as if trying to grasp something. She was about to stand up until she saw them move to the timid man in the corner booth.

She did not relax though as she started to get suspicious. She sat back down a little more but then pulled out a slender wooden rod from her pocket and held it nonthreateningly while she waited to see what happened next.

Ghost49X
2013-07-30, 02:41 PM
One of the two women moves a hand in a weird, though non-threatening gesture towards the window while the man in chainmail leans menacingly over the nervous patron. The Second woman turns around and notices the tension in the room "We've got some personal business with this man, some privacy if you please"

Meanwhile the man in the chainmail nods at the patron “You, you’re the one aren't you?” The other man recoils in the booth, mumbling. You hear him manage to stutter, “I—I—d-don’t know what you’re talking about.” The scarred man seizes the patron's shirt and fumbles with the collar, he yanks out a holy symbol. A lean man dressed in leather armor and a brawny and unshaven man enter into the tavern, after taking a look around they remain at the door with a smug look on their faces.

IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15710809#post15710809)
Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avw42_-q2BWldG81ZEtFdVR4UHh1c1g2QWtSOUViR1E#gid=0)
OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15719581#post15719581)

Fiodor
2013-07-30, 03:05 PM
Sunha

Sunha placed his hand on the hilt of his sword and asked, in a grave voiced "Maybe your issues with that man are private, but those manners cannot be allowed. I'm not one to grant privacy to thugs and bullies. For the gates I'm not that kind. Explain yourself and why do you disturb such a lovely evening and the deserved rest of these working people"

As he said this he tried to look imposing and walked two steps towards the man and the women.

Wdwune
2013-07-30, 03:26 PM
Brown Bear

Oh boy, here we are again, the ranger thinks as Sunha leaves his side to take part in the discussion.

He keeps enjoying his ale, but he's always alert. His senses are very acute after all. Should these guys try something, I'll slice their throats and give'em to the werewolves in Impiltur...

His hands are on the table, but he's always alert to draw his swords, his axes, or all of his arsenal.

I have a hand ready to draw one of my hand axes and throw it at the first sign of provocation.

Dimers
2013-07-30, 03:43 PM
Ash Brat

The minotaur glanced at the altercation developing in the corner and shared a brief meaningful look with the singing half-elf. She pulled something from her pack, got up from the couch, and started walking nonchalantly toward the entrance, where a trident was standing in the corner behind the coat rack. As she passed the bard, she muttered, "Maybe something with a martial beat?" Though the minotaur's voice didn't carry far, she wasn't very adept at concealing the pair of javelins she had retrieved from her pack. The faces of the men standing at the door went from smug to suspicious as they watched Ash Brat approach.

If the watchers let me get close, I'll end up in D10. If not, I want to be charging distance away instead, so ... F8, I guess. I'm going to assume I fail my Thievery check to conceal the javelins, given my modifier is -4.

onlie2005
2013-07-30, 03:58 PM
The little girl slowly stands up and puts her backpack on the couch. She has her slender rod in her hand and watches the events unfold. There is a sense from the way she looks that she is not in the mood for panic like most children. In fact it looks like she is ready for a fight from her stance.

WaffleLord
2013-07-30, 06:57 PM
Jimbley

"Wait...what...where's everyone....oh." Seeing the general attention shift to his previous talking partner and his guests, Jimbley looks once around the room. With an awkward flounce, his moves from sitting cross-legged to crouching on the sofa. Casually folding his arms, he wraps his hands around the daggers at his waist. Watching Ash move unsubtly to the door, Jimbley grins and leans toward the young girl. "Watch this!" he gleefully whispers. "She had to pay two score gold for damages last time she did this."

Infernally Clay
2013-07-31, 03:59 PM
"A martial beat...?" Leif whispered to herself, "All I wanted was a quiet night and a hot meal..."

Sighing, the Half-Elf stood up, carefully putting down her lyre before walking over to the scarred man in chainmail and tapping him on the shoulder. "I can't concentrate with all this noise," she said with eerie calm, "So can't you just sit down and enjoy my music, rather than interrupting it?"

Minor Action: Word of Friendship power (+5 power bonus to next diplomacy roll)
Diplomacy Check: [roll0]

Ghost49X
2013-08-01, 02:52 AM
The scarred man turns around, hand on the hilt of his longsword, as two more men enter through the back door. With a hostile stare at Sunha he growls "If you're looking for a fight..." before being interrupted by Leif. The hostility leaves his eyes as he responds with a court nod "Ma'am we're just doing our job, if you'll let us leave peacefully, we'll arrest this man and be on our way.

Fiodor
2013-08-01, 02:17 PM
Sunha

Sunha kept the tension for a moment, unsure of what to do. He felt that if things came to violence, the fight would be pretty even with the help of Brown Bear and apparently the minotaur and the elf on his side. But he was not the agressive kind and when the bard came with soft words he let go his weapon hilt, still on guard but presenting open hands he just nodded to the bard as if conceding that diplomacy was not his strongest point.

Roll insight to see if the man reaction is a bluff (1d20)+1 (1D20+1) (1d20+1) (D20+1)

He rolled his head to asses the best strategy if things were to scalate.

Dimers
2013-08-01, 02:27 PM
Ash Brat

"Arrest?" said the minotaur. "You said just a second ago that this was 'personal business'. And if this were a legal arrest, you could do it publicly -- you wouldn't need this quiet skulking."

I also want to try Insight, but I'm watching the nervous man's face, not the intimidator. [roll0]

onlie2005
2013-08-01, 05:32 PM
The little girl also tries to read the leader's actions and motivations. She is not so stupid to immediately agree with the idea of the timid man being arrested. So she asks the barkeeper, "Do these guys look like the town guard to you? Why don't you get the town guard and we will keep them here until this is settled by them?"

Insight Check:

[roll0]

Wdwune
2013-08-01, 05:47 PM
Brown Bear

Still on the bar, the bearded humanoid sighs in resignation. I was hoping to quietly enjoy this mug of ale, but things got a little noisy 'round here... he thinks as he slowly turns his head back to watch the discussion of his fellow companion Sunha (and the newfound minotaur-warrior) with the armored newcomers.

There are many people participating in the chat, a little girl included. What's goin' on here? he thinks. He focuses his senses, aware of his surroundings.

OOC:
Perception to see if I notice (see, hear, smell, feel, etc) something unusual: [roll0]

A natural 1. The good news is, 10 it's the dullest Perception result Brown Bear could have. :smalltongue:

WaffleLord
2013-08-02, 12:39 AM
Jimbley

"Things are getting wound up in here. The tension is terrible. I hope it lasts." The monk, grinning more widely, tries to look at all corners of the room at once, not wanting to miss a moment.

Ghost49X
2013-08-02, 11:56 AM
The bartender pales and disapears under the bar as the Scarred man draws his sword slowly with a grim smile and takes a casual defensive stance "like I said, if you're looking for a beating, we'll serve you good." As if on cue the rest of his gang draw their weapons and take similiar stances in anticipation. Brown Bear also notices the two patrons sitting at the table behind get up and pull out clubs of their own.

Sunha
They look more like bounty hunters or mercs than anthing else. But they also seem to be hiding something.

Ash Brat
The timid man is afraid of these guys, he doesn't know what to do and he's paralyzed by his fear as he clutches the holy symbol around his neck.

Maria
The bartender's fearful eyes peak above the bar at the developing situation, he glances over at Maria when she talks to him but doesn't reply, quickly refocusing his attention on the possibly explosive situation.

Wdwune
2013-08-02, 12:05 PM
Brown Bear

Upon seeing two guys at the nearby table to stand up wielding blunted weapons, Brown Bear downs his ale in anger and with the back of his furry hand he wipes the remaining liquid from his beard. One can't have a drink in peace without someone attacking you...

He calmly keeps staring at one of the thugs, mug still in hand.

OOC:
If I'm allowed I'd like to select the thug at E6 as my Quarry as a minor action. Also, Brown Bear is ready to throw his mug at his quarry if things get warmer.

Fiodor
2013-08-02, 01:22 PM
Sunha

As the man drew his sword Sunha wrapped his shield arround his left arm and drawing his sword came closer to him trusting his back was covered by the minotaur, and registering Brown Bear's angry reaction. As he did this he said to the Bard No time for words with liers. and then to the man Your biggest concern is over here

If I can I want to walk next to him and threaten him with my sword's edge. In any case this is my initiative check [roll0]

onlie2005
2013-08-02, 11:46 PM
The little gives the barkeeper an eye roll. Sheesh at least help us by getting the town guard for Torm's sake! Shaking her head she stands her ground and waits for the situation to unfold.

Initiative:

[roll0]

Ghost49X
2013-08-03, 02:57 PM
The scarred man walks up to Sunha and knocks his sword away with his own then twists around and follows up with a back kick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63M3QrYtGN0), knocking Sunha off the table.

To-hit roll is here

H moves to K10 and uses "Press the Advantage"
[roll0] vs AC on Sunha
Damage roll is: [roll0]
and Sunha is pushed 1 square, knocked prone and dazed (save ends daze)

Wdwune
2013-08-03, 03:13 PM
Brown Bear

"Oh, that's it!" grunted Brown Bear upon seeing the thug kicking Sunha. As he grabs an axe, the bearded humanoid throws his mug to one of the thugs' face as a distraction, and then quickly rushes to him with a quick axe attack. "Bring it on..."

OOC:

Readied standard action: Throw and Stab using an improvised weapon:
Launch the mug vs T2:
· Attack [roll0] vs AC, damage [roll1].
Effect: I charge T2 using Marauder's Rush, attacking with the handaxe I had prepared just in case:
· Attack [roll2] vs AC, damage [roll3] damage.

My charging movement ends in F6

Important note: If either attack hits I deal extra [roll4] damage (Hunter's Quarry)

EDIT: Forgot the +1 attack bonus from Running Attack class feature. :smalltongue:

Ghost49X
2013-08-03, 03:43 PM
Brown Bear
As the man's distracted by what's happening across the room the mug crashes into his face, splattering the remaining ale and knocking him out cold.

Ghost49X
2013-08-04, 08:19 PM
One of the two Ruthless women next to the nervous man climbs up onto the booth behind him and leaps towards Sunha, kicking him while he's down.

Mean while lean man in leather armor looks at Ash Brat with a smug grin on his face as the man at the table behind Ash Brat rushes in swings his club at her head. Taking advantage of the distaction the lean man strikes at Ash Brat, aiming for her temple.

Fiodor
2013-08-04, 08:51 PM
Sunha felt the kick in his stomach and knew he had to react quickly. He turned his body while flat on the ground to slash at the woman's legs with his sword as hard as he could and motioning high with all his strenght to make her fall. Then he tried to shake the dizziness of the hit, while gathering all his strenght to get back on his feet.

To hit Longsword basic attack (-2 prone attacker)[roll0] Damage [roll1] And then, if I hit her I use my takedown strike +5 damage and she falls prone. Action point spent in getting up on my feet and save for daze [roll2]

Wdwune
2013-08-05, 10:04 AM
Brown Bear

"Bah, such a baby," the bearded humanoid mumbled as he saw the thug fainting by a simple mug hit. Lessee who's next, he quickly thought as he moved around the battlefield and decided to make an erratic charge towards one of the guys surrounding the minotaur.

As he moved, he drew a longsword as he grabbed his handaxe with his left hand and attacked fiercely. "I got your back," he said to the minotaur.

OOC
Minor action: Change my Quarry to T3

Move action: Move to D6 and grab my handaxe with my left hand as I draw one longsword with my right hand. (Activating Two-Weapon Defense. +1 AC and Reflex)

Standard Action: Precise Assault: I move to D8 to help Ash Brat flank the thug, and then (as part of the same power) make the following attack with the longsword: [roll0] vs AC (combat advantage and Running Attack bonuses are included)
· Hit: [roll1] plus [roll2] (quarry) damage (14 total)

WaffleLord
2013-08-05, 11:34 AM
Jimbley

"And awaaaay we go!"

The monk bounces off the back of the sofa, bringing both daggers out. He weaves serpentine along the tavern floor, then, after a jaunty smile to the prone half-orc, jumps upon the table. Spinning as if caught by a tempest, he lashes out at both the scarred and lean men, his daggers whirring and darting. His final strike is a round house kick to the scarred man that works as an effective brake, stopping his spin.

"Leif, the time for icy nice is over. Make them dance!"

Roll in the OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15760315&postcount=74)

onlie2005
2013-08-05, 04:10 PM
Maria

Maria curses inwardly. But she realizes she has very little choice now. Pointing her wand at the scarred man, she begins muttering a few words. Soon tendrils of sleek lightning begin to roll up her right arm and through the wand, shooting out of it with a rather loud clap of thunder as it weaves around her allies and attempts to strike the scarred man and one of his minions.

Standard Action: Cast Arc Lightning. Targets H and R4. INT vs REF. If critical hit does 11 damage. Because spell is an evocation, damage roll of natural 1 can be rerolled.

Arc Lightning on H:[roll0]
Arc Lightning on R4:[roll1]
Damage if Hit:[roll2]
Reroll Damage Roll of Natural 1:[roll3]

Ghost49X
2013-08-06, 01:45 AM
The Scarred man eyes Jimbley and bides his time. A girl in leather armor runs from across the room, around the couches and swings her mace at Jimbley who skillfully dodges. Using the distraction behind Jimbley, the scarred man thrusts his sword towards Jimbley. Satisfied of the implication of his skill, he steps back and beckons Jimbley to follow. Meanwhile the woman behind him dashes past him and swings her mace at Jimbley, leaving him little time to think.

Infernally Clay
2013-08-06, 11:28 AM
"This is not what I call peaceful!" Leif shouted, drawing her sword as she began to exude a frightening aura. As she struck the scarred man next to her, there was a bright flash of arcane energy.

Minor: Leif activates her Skald's Aura
Minor: Leif draws her longsword
Standard: Melee Basic Attack against scarred man

Attack Roll: [roll0] vs AC
Damage Roll: [roll1]
No Action: Lesser Flash of Distraction

Encounter + Arcane
No Action ; Special
Trigger: You hit an enemy with a basic attack using a weapon.
Effect: The enemy you hit is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Ghost49X
2013-08-07, 01:32 PM
The thug near the back advances around the couches and swings at Maria from behind "cursed witch!" missing wildly he only manages to catch Maria's attention.
Meanwhile the unshaven man near the front door advances and attacks the minotaur scoring a hit, yet with barely any effect.

Dimers
2013-08-07, 02:02 PM
Ash Brat

Brown Bear ... As he moved, he drew a longsword as he grabbed his handaxe with his left hand and attacked fiercely. "I got your back," he said to the minotaur.

"Hey, thanks, Shaggy," she responded brightly while grabbing her trident from behind the cloaks. "Hah! Shaggy! Like I'm one to talk." While dealing with attacks from ahead and behind, she noticed that the burly man no longer held a mug. "Looks like you spilled your drink. Hey, barkeep! Another ale for my new friend, here!"

Returning her full attention to the combatants in the doorway, she jabbed at one with her trident. "Not too bright, bringing a knife to a spear fight."

Minor action: Master At Arms feat to put away a javelin and equip the trident.
Standard action: intuitive strike on R2, [roll0] vs Will. On a hit, damage is [roll1] and the next attack an ally makes against R2 gets a +2 power bonus.
Move action: shift to E10. No, that's not right. I'll instead use another minor for inspiring word on Sunha.

Note: if R2 hits me before my next turn, I'll use the immediate reaction power vengeance is mine.

Ghost49X
2013-08-08, 07:24 AM
The ruthless looking woman reverses her grip on her dagger and stabs towards Jimbley. Despite being surrounded Jimbley's reflexes kick in and he parries seeing the feint too late as she spins around and swings the mace at his head, his vision already blurry as darkness settles in.

Meanwhile the lean man swings a flurry of blows with mace and daggers at Ash Brat, but she shrugs off the worst of it. Except for a lucky hit to the head, blurring her vision.

Fiodor
2013-08-08, 10:52 AM
Sunha saw the elf falling and screamed with anger furiosly attacking the women on his side. He was too blinded by anger and all his attacks were easily parried away. Frustration growing in the head of the brave warrior.

Then he launched on a desperate move to reach the leader, waving his way through attacks.

Ghost49X
2013-08-08, 11:02 AM
Sunha Swings his sword in a wide arc attempts to sprints around the table, though too slow as the women duck and underneath and deliver blows of their own. Sunha ducks behind his his shield and parries one of the blows, the other goes low towards his exposed leg, leaving him with a nasty bruise as he hustles closer to the scarred man.

Wdwune
2013-08-08, 11:15 AM
Brown Bear

"Hey lady," the bearded humanoid speaks to the minotaur warrior as his shifter eyes scan around the battlefield. Brown Bear noticed his buddy Sunha upset by the elf's fall. "Can you hold those two? I'll be right back after I clear the field..."

He scowls as he moves around and spots a weak point in the thugs' stance. Gotcha.

He violently throws his axe to one of the thugs surrounding the fallen elf. The axe cleaves at the thug's chest and catches him unprepared when Brown Bear grabs the sword with both hands, rushes quickly, and decapitates the thug with a fierce, bloody slash. Take that you whinna', now who's next, he thinks as he prepares for the next assault.

OOC

Move action: Move to F8

Minor action: Hunter's Quarry on R3 (extra [roll0] damage).

Standard action: Throw and Stab @ R3
· Attack: Handaxe (ranged) [roll1] vs AC
· Hit: [roll2] damage (plus Quarry, see above)

Effect: I charge using Marauder's Rush, vs R3 if he's still alive (ending my move in H10) or vs R1 if he's not (ending my move in H9).
· Attack: Longsword (melee) [roll3] vs AC
· Hit: [roll4] (17 because of the +1 for wielding a versatile weapon) damage (plus Quarry if I hit R3)

Dimers
2013-08-08, 12:42 PM
Ash Brat

"Hey lady, can you hold those two? I'll be right back after I clear the field..."

"I'm not promising to save one for ya, but go ahead." The minotaur smirks through her pain.

WaffleLord
2013-08-08, 01:59 PM
Jimbley

The tree had been a challenge but he had climbed higher than any of his near kin. He taunted them as they laughingly threw fallen fruit at him. Sonarr was less pleased at the gibe. The rock he threw caught Jimbley on the side of the head, causing him to lose his balance. The limbs seem to run from his fingers as he grabbed for them. The tree grew taller as the elf fell towards the ground.

WHAM!!! The table greeted Jimbley rather harshly as he collapsed.

Saving Throw vs Utter Unplayableness #1 - [roll0] Whew!

Ghost49X
2013-08-08, 02:34 PM
The woman wielding the mace and dagger jumps over the couch "You'll pay for that you little witch!" swinging and stabbing aggressively, though not used to fighting against children she has trouble anticipating Maria and the blows go wild.
The scarred man shakes his head trying to clear the double sight. Waiting a moment to regain his senses while one of the women dashes behind Leif then grabbing hold of the bard with her mace hand she stabs her painfully in the ribs.
Grabbing Leif's arm the scarred man focuses long enough to impale her with his sword. Letting go of her arm, with puts his foot on the couch he pulls his blade back, nearly losing balance doing so. Looking up at Sunha he leans on his sword, spits out some blood and smiles.

onlie2005
2013-08-08, 05:28 PM
Maria jumps back to the side of the couch, then jumps back again and lashes out with her wand. She unleashes a torrent of fire that threatens to engulf the two woman thugs and one of the male thugs.

On my turn:

Move Action:Shift to K6
Move Action:Shift to J6
Spend an Action Point.
Standard Action:Cast Burning Hands creating a close blast 5 where the leftmost lower square of the resulting 5X5 area of effect is at R1. Hence R1, R4, and T1 are affected and nobody else. INT vs REF. If critical hit does 17 total hit point damage. Because this is an evocation spell, if any of the damage rolls is a natural 1, one of them can be rerolled. Misses do half damage unless target is a minion.

Burning Hands on R1:[roll0]
Burning Hands on R4:[roll1]
Burning Hands on T1:[roll2]
Damage if Hit:[roll3]
Reroll Damage Roll of 1:[roll4]

Ghost49X
2013-08-09, 10:29 PM
As the flames from Maria's spell expand and consume the ruffians take cover behind the couches for little effect. As the flames subdue the women raise their heads burns covering their faces, one of them with her hair still on fire snarls "get that witch!"
Meanwhile in the other corner of the room, the unshaven man scores a lucky hit past the minotaur's guard, landing a blow to her arm.

Dimers
2013-08-10, 08:38 AM
Ash Brat

The minotaur starts to swing her trident to rap the scoundrel on the noggin, but pauses just a moment to let her vision clear.

Before anything else, I think I need 2 more points of damage. I took 2 when dazed, thanks to a low roll, and 2 more from the minion just now.

Move action: shift from D10 to E10.
Minor action: inspiring word on Jimbley, bonus [roll0] healing if he surges.
Standard action: intuitive strike on T4, [roll1] vs Will, hit deals [roll2] damage and applies my "@". I'd have more options if I didn't have to bother with two foes at once, and my "@" on R2 doesn't help ME at all, it's only for allies. Might as well try to take out the minion.
The intuitive strike "@" on R2 goes away.

Ghost49X
2013-08-10, 08:07 PM
The lean man takes advantage of Ash Brat's hesitation to score two large gashes with his dagger before retreating back with agile footwork. Laughing he reverses his grip on his dagger now dripping with minotaur blood and braces for her next move.

Dimers
2013-08-10, 11:17 PM
Ash Brat

For a moment the minotaur looks surprised as she stumbles from the blow, her movement unusual to her attackers thanks to her hooved feet. She shouts with mild irritation, her voice roaring through the Gilded Lady like a forest fire. "Hey, Leafy! Jimbley! Quit layin' down on the job!"

And then the pain of the rogue's blow catches up to her.

Finally angry rather than simply cautious, Ash Brat suddenly hurtles toward the main melee, intent on crushing a foe. Her body is in a protective crouch with her horns forward until she hits furniture.

Move action: shift from D10 to E9.
Minor action: inspiring word on Jimbley with an additional [roll0] points healed.
Standard action: goring charge against R1, ending in J7. [roll1] vs AC; a hit deals [roll2] and knocks prone.

Her unfortunate humanoid target is rocked by the collision and pierced by a horn. As the minotaur tosses her head, he spins and crashes down in place, barely avoiding cracking his chin on the wood of the couch.

WaffleLord
2013-08-11, 04:23 PM
Jimbley

He remembers seeing faces, friends, family, looking from above down on his prone body. Somehow his view shifted until he was looking down on them. They were hunching over something lying on the ground. Shifting his view again, he sees his own body there on the ground! He screams soundlessly. It is then he notices he is flying, gently, floating upward. Higher and higher.

"Jimbley! Quit layin' down on the job!"

His eyes snap open and he is nowhere near his forest home. He is staring at the ceiling of a tavern somewhere. It's going to take a moment to get his bearings.
Delay until after Brown Bear and Sunha.

Wdwune
2013-08-11, 04:53 PM
Brown Bear

"Heh, well done," the bearded humanoid mumbled with a small grin as the elf woke up thanks to the lady minotaur's words.

Then he noticed one of the thugs (a former Ash's opponent) approaching the exit door. "You're not gettin'away!" he shouts as he draws another of his tomahawks handaxes and throws it to the escapee.

Then he wields his sword with both hands and rushes to his opponent.

OOC

Minor: Draw another hand axe.

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on R2 (extra [roll0] damage)

Standard: Throw and Stab vs R2
· Attack (handaxe ranged): [roll1] vs AC
· Hit: [roll2] damage (plus Quarry)

*Effect: Charge using Marauder's Rush vs R2 if he's still alive (ending in D12), or vs R1 if not and if Ash didn't kill him yet (ending my move in J9), or vs R4 as the lattest option (ending my move in K9)
· Attack (melee two-handed longsword): [roll3] vs AC
· Hit: [roll4] damage (plus Quarry if the previous attack on R2 missed)

Infernally Clay
2013-08-12, 11:55 AM
Leif cursed under her breath, but wouldn't yield.

Minor: Skald's Aura to heal Leif 7 + hit points.
Minor: Daily. Disruptive Words.

Until the end of the encounter, your skald's aura gains
the following effect: Enemies in the aura grant combat
advantage. Once before the end of the encounter, when an
enemy in the aura takes damage from any source, you can
choose for that enemy to be dazed (save ends).
Standard: Melee Basic Attack

Attack Roll: [roll1] (including +2 from CA)
Damage Roll: [roll2]

Ghost49X
2013-08-13, 11:55 AM
Sunha
Seeing his friends hurt enraged Sunha, singing under his breath along with Leif's song he walked around slowly as he took deep breaths, pumping himself up, few things enraged him as much as seeing allies hurt. Positioning himself behind the scarred man he let loose with a growl and more rage than technique as he used his sword as a blunt instrument of pain. Cutting down with a blow to the shoulder and then with another to the ribs, Sunha heard the satisfying crunch of bone causing him to smile as the adrenaline numbed the pain of his wounds. Much to his strength of character, the scarred man took the blows like a man, sucking up pain that would make lesser men cry.

WaffleLord
2013-08-14, 12:08 AM
Jimbley

Shaking off his vision, the monk leaps to his feet, takes quick stock of the situation and slides down off the table next to Sunha.

"Thanks for the help, Fiesty One. Let's tag team this fellow." Tapping the scarred man on the shoulder, Jimbley tries to coldcock the fellow as he turns but misses. His following spin kick, however, catches the man on the small of the back, causing him to stumble against the table.

"What happened? Cut yourself shaving or is ugly back in fashion!" Jimbley taunts the man, knowing the the fighter is keeping his eye on this fellow, ready to strike at the slightest opening.

Jimbley taunts to get the man to strike at him and trigger Sunha's mark. Between the mark and the Fallen Needle hit, he's -4 to hit Jimbley.

Ghost49X
2013-08-14, 03:02 PM
Evading the first blow, Jimbley's kick catches him out of position knocking the scarred man out cold. Seeing their leader fall, one of the women whistles a high pitch and everyone makes for the exits.

Dimers
2013-08-14, 08:21 PM
Ash Brat

Bleeding and grinning from the rush of combat, Ash Brat walks closer to the nervous fellow. On the way, she grabs the scarred man's unconscious body, drags it along, and stands with her hooves on one of his pant legs so he'll have trouble getting away once he comes to. Returning to her cautious and sharp-tongued persona, she asks the nervous man, "So. What the hell was all that about, anyway? Why ya got trained killers hunting you in quantity?"

WaffleLord
2013-08-14, 11:22 PM
Jimbley

"Sharp swing, there. Thanks for the aid!" the monk smiles at Sunha, offering his hand. "Got myself in a bit deep. Happens from time to time. You have that problem? The name's Jimbley. I've been wandering with a pair of fems a while, the bull and the songbird. Things do get interesting. Which way you heading?" The questions come rapid fire with not much breathing in between.

Ghost49X
2013-08-15, 02:23 PM
The man huddled in the booth is dressed in plain clothes, indistinguishable from a craftsman or farmer were it not for the holy symbol that he now clutches in white-knuckled hands, light tears running down his cheeks. The man’s brown hair is in utter disarray, and even now, his thin, wiry frame quivers from the traumatic experience. He looks up at you with wide, blue teary eyes as you approach and says: "Th-th-thank you so much for saving me. Chauntea bless you; bless all of you! I thought for sure I was d-d-dead. My name is Gevarn, and I’m an acolyte of Chauntea." Gevarn takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself down "Those were hired street thugs; ruffians sent by the forces of evil! to
stop me on my most important mission. I am very grateful you intervened, thank you again."

Dimers
2013-08-15, 04:56 PM
Ash Brat

"No biggie, you're welcome, yadda yadda," the minotaur harrumphs. "No applause, please, just throw money. So about this 'forces of evil out to get you' thing. Why you, and why are the forces of evil being paid well enough to risk death? Any thoughts?" Still bleeding, Ash Brat nevertheless puts on a bland face as she presses Gevarn.

onlie2005
2013-08-15, 06:27 PM
Maria

The little girl does not fire at the backs of the fleeing enemies, though you could tell she is tempted to. But she has enough honor and maturity to hold back. Instead she keeps her wand trained on them until they are out of the inn and for certain not coming back. She stands her ground though and looks out the window just to make sure none of the thugs are waiting around to try an outside ambush.

Ghost49X
2013-08-15, 06:48 PM
Gevarn gives a humble smile as he blinks away the tears. "I should start by telling you why I'm here." Gevarn's demeanor changes, as he clears his throat gaining some confidence, almost enough to stop quivering. "I come from a town called Winterhaven up in the Thunder Peaks. The cleric I serve, Sister Linora, believes she discovered indications of a cult of Shar prescence. She believes they are well asserted in our town, so she sent me to go find help but I’m afraid I’m not well educated in the ways of the world. Those men must have been sent to tracked me down and stop me from finding aid."

Wdwune
2013-08-15, 07:05 PM
Brown Bear

After the thrilling battle, the bearded humanoid stretched his arms and legs and retrieved his two axes: one from the tavern wall nearby, other from the chest of the decapitated thug. T'was good enough warmin' he thinks as he cleans the blood from his weapons and withdraws them. "Hey guys, y'alright?" he asks at everyone involved in the bloody brawl. "Sunha? Lady Ash?"

He then notices Maria near the couches. "Hey, is that lil' girl someone's daughter?" he then speaks at her. "Those lightnin' effects are worth of showing 'em back in Impiltur, girl! So for that awesome display I congratulate you, but if you need advices from an ol' bear like me, I suggest you never get into a place fill'd with violent adults like this one," he says pointing at the decapitated body on the floor. "The name's Brown Bear, an' remember if you need an explorer or a tracker, just trust me to do a fine job on any terrain!" he grins.

He then gets closer to Gevarn. "Well buddy, if you need to track those cultists, just say the word of gold an' I'll become your best man."

onlie2005
2013-08-16, 01:37 PM
"My mommy and daddy are dead.", Maria says with no emotion, although there is a sense that there is grief in there. The little girl is getting used to not having her parents around anymore but it still hurts inside.

"I thought it would be safe here too but I guess I was wrong. Sounds like Winterhaven needs help. Do you guys mind if I tag along if you decide to go to Winterhaven?"

Fiodor
2013-08-16, 05:38 PM
Sunha cleaned his sword and put it away while listening to everyone's questions and reactions. He was not his usual self, still thinking, he was absent minded whn Jimbley came and barely gave a nod and shook his hand. He made too many mistakes in this fight and he had been lucky, lucky is good, but not enough. He heard Brown Bear offering his services to go north to fight and explore. He grinned and walked besides his pal.

So, B.B. Seems you got some work for us already. It fills my heart with joy. And hopefully my pouch with coins. But If what this fellow says is true we have to keep moving before they come back with reinforcemnts
He then searched in the scarred man purse and gave the gold he found to the bar tender. For all the troubles good man

Dimers
2013-08-16, 08:14 PM
Ash Brat gazes for a moment at the young human. "Huh. Sure, kid, why the Abyss not. You've got some flair to ya. I wouldn't bet on this crew being safe, though. We seem to enjoy a good scrap now and then." She snorts at the understatement, a huge puff of air that ruffles Maria's hair. "But if you want to come along, I think we'd like having that fire-power behind us. And I make a pretty good stew on the road, if I say so myself."

WaffleLord
2013-08-17, 04:06 AM
Jimbley

"What's this, Ash Brat?" Jimbley asks, approaching the minotaur. "Picking up strays again? And I thought I was your only one. Thanks for the boost before. Hi, little one," he says to the girl somewhat condescendingly. "Did the big bad men scare you?"

Dimers
2013-08-17, 09:48 AM
Ash Brat

"What's this, Ash Brat?" Jimbley asks, approaching the minotaur. "Picking up strays again? And I thought I was your only one."

"Huh. I thought *I* was the stray and you picked *me* up," she replies jokingly.

onlie2005
2013-08-18, 11:49 PM
Maria showed something that might surprise most adults. Her reaction to Jimbley's obvious condescending tone. The girl was used to it. She was after all only 9 years old and being taken seriously was not a common thing for her. So she came up with a witty, or at least an attempted witty answer.

"Nah not really. All they are are a bunch of thugs that ruined my dinner. Not worth getting upset about. Gevarn needed help and I provided it."

WaffleLord
2013-08-19, 01:19 AM
Jimbley

"Oh...uh...oh," Jimbley stutters trying to catch his mental balance after the unexpected tone of response. He decides to come down on the side of 'misjudgement corrected'.

"Fair play for you. Well met. Jimbley the wandering monk is I. The Brash Bovine here, the Sweet Siren, and I have been touring the byways apiece and have yet to turn down good company."

"Winterhaven, you say?" He turns to Ash Brat. "Is that where were going? So you say, so it is." He turns back to Maria with his thumb crooked at the minotaur. "You could do a lot worse that follow this one. She got a good head for things, more than just for smashing. Our singer, Leif, over there is put together for thinking, too. Poet, musician, singer: full talent. She can do things with words that would make a trodglodyte blush. She sang this one song about a goliath that stumbles upon a bathing wood nym...um...uh" he stops, his mischievous expression falls as he remembers the age of his audience. Quickly he looks over his shoulder at no sound. "What? What's that? Sure..uh..be right there." he calls to nobody and hops to the far side of the sofa.

Wdwune
2013-08-19, 10:02 AM
Brown Bear

"My mommy and daddy are dead.", Maria says with no emotion, although there is a sense that there is grief in there.

"Well it's a good thing you're gettin' over it, lass," the bearded humanoid replies Maria. "Like yourself, my parents also kicked the bucket when I was like your age, but I survived'n follow my own way," he points his thumb towards his own chest with a proud grin.

He then pays attention to Jimbley's words and laughs. "Bahahah!! Well elf, I hope in the future you're still in the mood to share the full version of the story with the grown-ups after some rounds of strong dwarven ale!" he says with a smirk.

Fiodor
2013-08-20, 08:31 AM
Withnessing a conversation that had little interest. Sunha insisted on the group.

Not wanting to ruin anyone's fun but I guess we could move on to somewhere safe and de-brief this man properly. I'm very interested in this Winterhaven place. Little girl, I saw you have some firepower, I myself know not to undervalue someone because of her age. Elf, Jimbley was it, right? what do you fellows think. I had enough of fighting useless thugs for today. Shall we move on?

onlie2005
2013-08-20, 08:52 AM
Maria takes a look out the window and frowns. She knows that it is getting late and starting travels this late was foolhardy. Anyone with a brain knew that.

"I say call the town guard and put this place under their protection. I personally think we should wait until tomorrow morning and leave at dawn."

Infernally Clay
2013-08-20, 06:58 PM
"Buncha cowards!" Leif shouted as the brigands ran away, turning to hear Gevarn's story, "Oh well that settles it then - I'll go with you. Mayhap your Cleric can help me with a problem I have in return."

Dimers
2013-08-20, 08:51 PM
Ash Brat laughs loudly at Lief's comment. "Makes it sound like you have a disease!" Still grinning, she addresses the forming committee, "I'm not eager to get back on the road again when there's a bath and a real bed right here. I'm with-- what was your name, mage-girl? I'm with her. Spend a night in town, rest up, patch up our wounds, then hit the road around dawn. If we just go to a different inn or camp right outside town, we're still as vulnerable to being tracked and ambushed as we are here."

The minotaur's words are self-assured, but her posture isn't demanding -- she seems to be open to discussion.

WaffleLord
2013-08-28, 12:08 AM
Jimbley

"Well," the monk says with a luxurious stretch, "I always like a comfortable bed after being knocked unconscious in a bar brawl. Barkeep, my good man, have you rooms to rent? I doubt there'll be more trouble. None from us, least ways," he says grinning impishly.

Wdwune
2013-08-28, 09:45 AM
Brown Bear

"Lady Ash's right," adds the bearded humanoid. "If more thugs wanna come, then let 'em come! We'll be waitin', an' my blades too," he grins. "Oh right, my mug was broken after knockin' down one of those b'stards, it's a pity for the good beer, but I think the mug was the hero of the day!"

He notices the bartender is not there anymore. "I think I saw a trapdoor som'where, that or I was already drunk... Ah whatever," he says as he scratches his head.

Fiodor
2013-08-28, 01:24 PM
Sunha doesn't like the idea, it is not tactically sound, but he wont argue.

Let's spend the night here then. Then with a wide grinn he adds "I volunteer brown bear and jimble for the watches. They look enthusiastic about it.

Wdwune
2013-08-28, 02:07 PM
"Ahahah, Sunha here already knows me well!" Brown Bear smirks. "Yeah, you guys take a nap and lemme go for the first watch. Those thieves didn't make a scratch on me and nothing escapes the senses of ol' Bear."

He pops the joints of his furry hands. "We can leave tomorrow to the Thunder Peaks if y'all agree. I think we make a good an' interestin' team."

WaffleLord
2013-08-28, 07:06 PM
Jimbley

"Fair enough, Bruiser," he says winking good-naturedly at Sunha. "I've already had one short nap today. I should be good for a while. Barkeep! Barkeep! Hmmmm. Trapdoor, indeed. Come to think of it, does this place even have rooms?" he says, looking for a staircase.

Dimers
2013-08-28, 07:38 PM
Ash Brat thinks for a moment, the fur of her muzzle and forehead wrinkling and moving as she considers. "Well, if there's a trapdoor then there's probably a downstairs. We could use that for a friendly chat with this unconscious fool under my foot ... could maybe sack out there, too, but I'd prefer staying up here by the fire."

Her attention returned to the chief thug, the minotaur starts stripping him of anything saleable, as well as his footwear. "I've found that people without shoes aren't real quick to cause trouble," she explains to no one in particular.

Ghost49X
2013-09-02, 04:20 PM
The barkeep doesn't appear right away, with a quick search Brown bear finds him crouched behind the bar still shivering out of fear. The bartender looks up at Brown Bear "Oh? Thank you! thank you all, we're not used to that sort of trouble around here..."

Before he can finish the barkeep is interrupted by ten heavily armed men entering the tavern, weapons drawn. Most of them show minor injuries already and they're all wearing the same tabard, showing the colors of Highmoon. At their head a tall and broad shouldered man looks around the room, swinging a heavy mace around slowly he growls in a deep voice "You're all under arrest."

WaffleLord
2013-09-02, 09:13 PM
Jimbley

"Thank goodness you're here, General," the elf says to the large leader. "This man with horrible skin assaulted my friends, knocked me unconscious, then ran away as we tried to defend ourselves. Look at this bump he gave me! It really was most uncivil to such happy and peaceful visitors to your town." He smiles and blinks very innocently.

Diplomacy - [roll0]
EDIT: I don't think he's buying it.:smallamused:

Wdwune
2013-09-02, 09:16 PM
Brown Bear's bearded face shows a funny and confused expression, like if he didn't get a joke. His glance goes from the barkeeper to the leader of the newcomers, to Sunha, to Ash, to Jimbley, to Leif, to Maria...

"Huh... What?" he says as he smiles and rises his eyebrows, apparently still not getting the whole situation.

OOC

The truth is that Brown Bear gets it: Everyone's under arrest. It's just that the sudden situation was unexpected, and maybe amusing for him. :smallsmile:

Ghost49X
2013-09-02, 11:16 PM
"Sucking up to the law won't help you here, Elf" the leader growls back at Jimbley while motioning the guards forward. They surround the tavern looking ready for trouble until the bartender speaks out
"Captain, thank goodness you're here. I saw everything, these people deserve a commendation! They courageously stood up for the poor man in the corner as thugs were trying to rob him or worse." Still a little nervous, the Bartender points at Gevarn who nods "He speaks the truth, I doubt I would be still alive if it weren't for these brave souls. Blessings of the Great Mother on to them"

onlie2005
2013-09-03, 11:30 AM
Maria is at least canny enough not to fire spells at the new set of guards who entered the tavern and angrily demanded their arrest. Still she is not one to stay silent to the point of letting injustice be done.

"Sir we were just minding our own business when this man,", Maria pointed to the armored man,"and his thugs try to kill that man in the corner there. So out of courtesy and respect for life we intervened."

Free Action: Cast Suggestion to affect Diplomacy roll as to make the skill check Arcana instead of Diplomacy.

Diplomacy(Arcana): [roll0]

Fiodor
2013-09-03, 03:00 PM
Sunha has little to add to the general conversation, he lays back letting the silvertoungued ones talk this out. He does presents his sword hilt first to the guards and shows as peacefull a stance as he is able. Leaning on his shield with both elbows.

Ghost49X
2013-09-04, 10:36 PM
"I see" the Captain responds eying Maria with suspicion. "It's all true! Captain" responds the bartender vigorously "These people saved the day, the ones who started the trouble are ether unconscious or fled."

As the guards arrest those unconscious the ruffians the Captain nods "Very well then you have my thanks and you're free to go. Sorry we weren't able to come sooner, I don't know why but someone was instigating fights all across town tonight."

Wdwune
2013-09-05, 09:13 PM
"Nah, think nothin' of it, lad," Brown Bear replies the town guard dismissing him with a hand wave and turning back to the bar. "Hey bartender, can I have 'nother mug of your good ale? Mine exploded in someone's face."

Dimers
2013-09-06, 09:47 AM
Ash Brat doesn't add to the conversation, trying to seem as inconsequential to the guards as a minotaur possibly can. She steps off the leader roustabout before they come to tie him up.

WaffleLord
2013-09-08, 12:20 AM
Jimbley

"All over town, you say?" he says to the captain while stroking his imaginary beard. "Well, I know that wasn't us. I've been with me all night and I haven't seen us anywhere. We've just been here talking with our friend, Gevarn. With you here, Admiral, I'm sure we'll be safe as some bugs in a barge while we continue our conversation." He escorts Gevarn by the arm over to the sofa. "Perhaps you could tell us a little more about what people don't want you to talk about."

onlie2005
2013-09-08, 06:43 PM
Maria

Maria decides to keep her mouth shut the rest of the night. If need be she will sleep in the common room but will ask for a room for the night if the innkeeper is willing.

Ghost49X
2013-09-15, 09:48 PM
As the Captain leaves Gevarn bows towards the adventurers in humble thanks "I thank you all for coming to my aid. Having seen how well you handled yourselves with those thugs, might I beseech you to come to the aid of our beleaguered town? The lord of the town would surely reward you if you manage to find this cult and eliminate it. You would also have the thanks of me, Sister Linora, and the Great Mother if you would lend us your aid."

Following Jimbley to the sofa Gevarn seems noticably calmer "Sister Linora has learned through her communions with the Great Mother that Shar has turned her dark eyes upon our humble little town. Shar, the Mistress of Night, seeks ever to increase her inf luence over the world and bring us all to ruin. The Sister instructed me to go find help while she tries to uncover the cult and discover its dark purpose."

The discussion goes on into the night until they all retire. Though the tavern does not rent rooms, the barkeep offers to put in a good word for them, to his cousin who runs an inn not too far from the edge of town.

At the inn
The Inn Keeper haggles with the Bartender over how low he should charge them. Agreeing on a large room for twelve silvers large enough to fit every one, Gevarn included. The Inn keeper mentions that a cheap breakfast is provided in the morning as he leads them to the 3rd floor of his establishment.

Quite a large room, it has a few room dividers (https://secure.img.josscdn.com/lf/53/hash/1312/6471322/1/Renaissance+Room+Divider.jpg) should guest seek privacy from one another. The beds are also a nice surprise since it's been awhile since most of you have slept in such comfort.

Wdwune
2013-09-15, 10:11 PM
Brown Bear

Not being very instructed on religious stuff, Brown Bear just replied to Gevarn: "Ah well, I'm pretty sure your mom an' sis are very proud of you as well," he says. "I had a family too, but that was long time ago," his glance turning shadier as he seems to remember things that are far away in the past.

When his mug finally arrived, his expression suddenly turns back to normal. "Oh well, we have to look to the future now, shall we?" a small grin appearing on Brown Bear's face. "Now my only family are the faithful companions of war an' adventure," he rises his mug. "To family an' adventure!"

After that, when Brown Bear arrives to the room, he stretches his arms and legs as he throws his backpack at the top of one of the beds. "Aaaah, this is more like it!" he arranges his axes and swords near his spot, but will always keep a handaxe at hand in case of an emergency. He then suits himself at the bed. "You ladies have no reason to worry 'bout ol' Brown Bear's eyes, since they'll be shut for the night," he says as he concerns about Ash and Maria staying at the same room as the males. "However, the Bear's ears cannot be put that easily," he adds with a small grin.

WaffleLord
2013-09-15, 10:20 PM
Jimbley

The elf walks around the room, jumps over a bed or two. "These accommodations will be quite...accommodating. Help yourselves to the beds, all, I'm going to pace a bit before I stare off into space." Jimbley continues padding quietly around the room

Fiodor
2013-09-15, 10:34 PM
Sunha is too tired. He has decided to lay back and let the other's handle negociations. He just feels like traveling north. As soon as they get to the inn he lays down and quickly falls asleep.

onlie2005
2013-09-16, 06:12 AM
Maria Fireheart

Maria is at least thankful for at least a room. For the most part she has been sleeping in city streets and in the wilderness. A room like this, even though it was not the most private one was very satisfying and secure. The girl is able to sleep peacefully and comfortably without issue.

Dimers
2013-09-16, 05:07 PM
"You ladies have no reason to worry 'bout ol' Brown Bear's eyes, since they'll be shut for the night. However, the Bear's ears cannot be shut that easily," he adds with a small grin.

Ash responds, "Well then, I'll try not to overwhelm your delicate constitution with my raucous snoring." She flops down on her appointed bed in a quite unladylike way and snorts, "You ladies, he says. Ain't that a gas! Maybe he was just talking to Leif and Maria. Good night, ladies!"

Ghost49X
2013-09-17, 10:16 AM
Setting out early the next day, the party travels towards Winterhaven in what becomes a cool and dry autum day with the wind remaining cool and comfortable. The road beneath your feet is level though an occasional ancient cobblestone peeks through the dirt road, indicating decades of neglect.

You notice footprints leading up and down the road, many of which were made by small, clawed feet.

Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avw42_-q2BWldFNzNEpid1FEU3dWZnhib1EyaGxBQkE&usp=sharing)

Fiodor
2013-09-17, 11:27 AM
Sunha braced his shield and gave Brown Bear a concerned stare. He adopted a defensive stance and moved forward cautiosly (moving to H11) setting a defensive wall to allow the group to evaluate and examine the footprints.

can I ready a charge?

Wdwune
2013-09-17, 12:09 PM
Brown Bear

"Wait," the bearded humanoid stops when he sees the footprints. He crouches, takes some dirt from them, and smells it. "Something's here, not too far," he mutters as he looks around.

OOC

Perception check to see if I notice something else from the footprints: [roll0]

Nature check to identify the creature who made the footprints: [roll1]

EDIT: High modifier, low rolls. It happens. :smalltongue:

WaffleLord
2013-09-17, 11:18 PM
Jimbley

Whistling a happy tune, the elf was glad to be back on the road where anything was possible. Cities were fine for hob-nobing and resting, but nothing beat the open spaces for adventure.

Noticing the prints of many clawed feet, Jimbley makes a more focused look around to see if any little clawed feet were near. "Oh Little Pointy Toes? Come out, come out wherever you are." He walks forward to stand next to Sunha (G11).

Perception - [roll0]

onlie2005
2013-09-18, 12:00 AM
Maria was more uppity and energetic in the morning once she was well rested and fed. The girl had more energy in her step and at the very least seemed a little more relaxed. Still one could tell that she was still hurting inside and was still moody. She ate breakfast quickly and studied her spellbook. Then was ready for travel.

Travelling was still pretty much new to her though at least she felt more safer now that she had company. The girl did her best to keep up but pride kept her from whining about sore feet. Although she did moan and groan from time to time but she at least soldiered on wordlessly.

She was not so tired or aching that she did not notice the footprints. Curious she also kneeled down and tried to examine them. She also looks around her, eyes scanning ahead, looking for anything out of place or unusual. The girl also tries to ascertain any patterns of movement from the tracks as best she can as well as determining who or what made those tracks.

Nature Check: [roll0]
Perception Check: [roll1]

Ghost49X
2013-09-25, 09:48 PM
From here Mariah clearly sees the tracks leading up and down the road, almost as if the creatures were traveling on the same road as they are, with very little out of the ordinary.

Next to Sunha, Jimbley also hasn't noticed anything out of the ordinary around him maybe there isn't anything unusual to notice at all...

Wdwune
2013-09-25, 09:58 PM
Brown Bear

The bearded humanoid grunts as he stands up. Then he shrugs and draws a battleaxe on his right hand, and a handaxe on his left, ready to throw it if an ambush is near. "Yeah yeah, like they're going to get out so easily..." he mumbles as he slowly walks like a stalking beast.

OOC

If applyable, I'd like to advance forward with both weapons ready (G13 if possible, if not, I'll stay where I am) :smallsmile:

Dimers
2013-09-26, 08:34 AM
"Eh," says Ash Brat with a shrug. "Just looks like they were following the road. Might be a good thing to figure out why kobolds or troglogytes or other tribal scaly-types would want to stick to the road around here. Other than banditry, of course, at which they'd appear to be doing a craptastic job, what with the obvious signs of movement."

Insight check to get into the mind of a scaly tribal type of person and figure out what they might want near or on the road here. I mean, if this is the first place we're seeing the tracks, presumably they entered and/or left the road nearby. [roll0]

"Let's keep walking with our eyes open, unless somebody wants to go look for more tracks behind those rocks." The minotaur points to the boulders scattering both sides of the path.

WaffleLord
2013-09-30, 12:53 AM
Jimbley

"Hmmm. Not nearly as exciting as I'd hoped. Can't be jumping at every shadow, we'd never get anywhere. Well, I'm sure there'll be more fun down the road." The elf continues walking beside Sunha. "I heard you mention the Sword Coast. Is it really sharp and pointy or is it just a name?"

Wdwune
2013-09-30, 09:27 AM
Brown Bear

The bearded humanoid, still with both weapons ready, joins the conversation at the vanguard.

"Did I hear somethin' 'bout a sharp coast?? Clearly not the best place to go fishin'," he adds with a worried expression. "Ya better not be sittin' there, boy (ouch!), unless y'expect to use yerself as a bait for the carnivorous kin'o' fish, an' hope to get 'em impal'd some'ow..."

WaffleLord
2013-10-06, 12:29 AM
Jimbley

"I had a friend who fished like that!" Jimbley commented to Brown Bear as he continued down the path. "He would grab a handful of grasshopper and stand in muddy rivers. Then, reaching far underwater, he would stick his hand into every dark crevice he could find. On occasion, a catfish would swallow the grasshoppers, his hand, and, sometimes, his arm. He would simply walk up on shore had whack his arm against a tree several times until the fish fell off and suffocated. Amazing thing to watch! To his dismay, it doesn't work the same way in the ocean. <sigh> I sure do miss Old Lefty."

Babble to L9

Fiodor
2013-10-06, 05:27 AM
Sunha looked unamused. even for a chatty one like him these fellows were too much.
He didn't abandon his defensive stand, and peeked around the rocks on the side of the road.

nah, the sword coast is called like that because of the cliffs and rocks, hard to sail, and also because the large number of pirates that roam the ocean there. I have whitnessed a couple of battles there, spectacular stuff, with all the wizards hurling spells from boat to boat...

Ghost49X
2013-10-07, 10:12 PM
As Sunha peeks around the boulder he sees two kobold shield bearers quivering with excitement, when they see him and brown bear they let out a bark and the first one runs skips out of Sunha's reach and swings a poorly aimed blow at Brown Bear's shins, making sure all the while to keep his shield pointed towards Sunha.

Seeing an opponent distracted by his ally, a Kobold wielding a spear from across the road lets out a war cry and dashes around the monk to to stab Brown Bear in the kidney. A score of kobolds hidden in the grass jump up, barking and flailing their weapons madly.

WaffleLord
2013-10-08, 12:58 AM
Jimbley

"Oh my! A party! And I didn't get you anything. Well, here, how about this?" Jabbing quickly with his dagger, he aims for a soft spot in the kobold's armor. Finding a tender spot, he wounds and unbalances his foe who stumbles closer to Sunha.

"He's all yours!" the monk chimes as he dances and prances away to stand next to Ash Brat and Maria. He crouches low and growls at the remaining kobolds, then looks to the minotaur and says, "Did I do that right? Grrrrrr? Yes? I've been practicing."

Standard Action
Fallen Needle
At-Will Full Discipline, Implement, Psionic
Standard Action Melee touch
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against you until the end of your next turn.

Attack vs SK1 Reflex - [roll0] That's pretty good. I'll RP a hit.
Damage - [roll1] and 5 additional damage for ...
Flurry of Blows.
Effect: The target takes damage equal to 2 + your Wisdom modifier, and you slide it 1 square to a square adjacent to you, or 1 square in any direction if the target wasn’t targeted by the triggering attack.

I slide him to K10.

If I hit...Minor Action
Fallen Needle Movement
At-Will Full Discipline, Psionic
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You shift 1 square or move 3 squares.

Shift to K8

Move Action
Move to I11.

If I miss...Minor Action
Fallen Needle Movement
Minor Action Personal

Shift to K10

Move Action
Shift to J10

Ghost49X
2013-10-08, 03:49 PM
A Kobold steps out from a bush swirling a sling he launches a small clay pot at brown bear. Missing his head by a hair, it breaks on hitting the ground and spells a yellow alchemical substance that hardens quickly.

onlie2005
2013-10-09, 12:00 AM
Maria is not surprised that the kobolds were there. The tracks indicated that there was trouble coming even though she had no idea where. She takes out her wand and prepares a spell.

OOC: Initiative is 19 rolled in OOC forum.

Fiodor
2013-10-09, 05:19 AM
Sunha moves one step forward to face the Kobold in forn of BB. He looks resolute and shouts "I'll cover this flank, take down the other lizards on the left!

Then he aims a blow to the kobold's head while pushing it with his shield
Tide of Iron [roll0] [roll1] +furious assault if I hit [roll2] If I hit I push D1 to N11 and I step on M11 also I mark D1

Hitting hard and true he stablishes a defensive position on this flank.

Wdwune
2013-10-09, 11:01 PM
Brown Bear

"Ah, clawy feet, I told ya, boys!" says Brown Bear as he receives one stab and blocks the other with his hand axe of his left hand. "An' thank ya Sunha for clearing the way, makes m'job much easier!"

He steps aside as he focuses his attention and flanks one spear-kobold, swinging his battleaxe with considerable strength of his right arm.

Move: Shift to L9

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on SK1

Standard: Marauder's Rush using my battleaxe
· Attack: [roll0] vs AC
· Hit: [roll1] plus [roll2] dmg (quarry) = 23 total dmg

Ghost49X
2013-10-10, 10:45 PM
Seeing Brown Bear make short work of their ally, leaves the kobolds speechless until one of them yells "focus him down!" With that, a score of kobolds throw javelins and a one of the creatures charges him. During all this, a second spear fighter sees Brown Bear distracted and quickly shuffles up to him feinting low he whirls his spear and stabs him under the chin and brings him down. Seeing Brown Bear fall motivates the Kobolds and they scream war cries "Victory! For the Great one!"

Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avw42_-q2BWldFNzNEpid1FEU3dWZnhib1EyaGxBQkE&usp=drive_web#gid=3)

Wdwune
2013-10-10, 11:36 PM
Brown Bear

"Ye... pieces... of..."

The bearded humanoid tried to hold his ground against the rain of ranged attacks, but it was useless.

Bearing the pain, he fell to the ground like a proud warrior he was, blood dripping from his fanged mouth.

Fiodor
2013-10-11, 06:56 AM
As he saw his long mate going down Sunha became furious !

(minor action/ fre action?)

He shouted "Leave the center to me! Take down their artilery! on the left flank! I'll take care of these buggers!

Wdwune
2013-10-19, 12:02 PM
Leif -until Infernally Clay appears-

Leif keeps calm and, as she steps aside, she hums a disturbing note that makes the kobold dragonshield to lower his guard against Sunha's blade.

Minor: Song of Serendipity: If I hit with my next attack (Staggering Note), Sunha gets +2 on his next melee basic attack.

Standard: Staggering Note on D1:
· [roll1] vs Will
· Hit: 4 damage and push target to P11. As a free action, Sunha can make a melee basic attack vs the target (D1)

Move: Shift to G11

[roll0]

Fiodor
2013-10-19, 11:09 PM
Sunha feels the Kobold backing away and sees an opening for his blade to crush the enemy, lunges forward and... [roll0] [roll1]

Ghost49X
2013-10-22, 01:39 AM
The kobold lowers his guard momentarly as Leif's music confuses him, though sudden movement from Sunha grabs his attention and by reflex he takes a crouching defensive stance, barely deflecting Sunha's lunge with his shield.

Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avw42_-q2BWldFNzNEpid1FEU3dWZnhib1EyaGxBQkE&usp=drive_web#gid=3)

Dimers
2013-10-23, 06:01 PM
Astounded by the speed of the kobolds' strike, Ash Brat stands looking dumb for a few seconds while her allies shout and begin to fall. Then she shakes her head to clear it and launches into action.

She steps back out of weapon-reach of the kobold who was idiotic enough to approach her, then hurls her javelin at it, point-blank. "Yipping moron," she snarls, the sound carrying clearly in the moutain air. The throw goes wild, though. She spins to find Brown Bear on his hands and knees, bleeding from several wounds. Grabbing the trident from its clasp at her back, she rushes past him and screams, "Up! Up!" before stabbing at the kobold beside him. She moves so erratically, the little creature has no time to take advantage of her opening.

Free action: I was supposed to do Battlefront Shift when combat started, but I missed the opportunity, so Ghost49X has allowed me to use it on my turn, this time. Ash Brat shifts from J11 to K10.
Standard action: Relentless Wounding against D2. [roll0] vs AC, hit deals [roll1] damage and for the rest of the combat my allies get a +4 power bonus to damage against D2. A miss doesn't expend the power because it's Reliable.
Minor action: Inspiring Word on Brown Bear, healing 8+[roll2].
Minor action: use Master at Arms feat to draw a trident.
Action Point: extra standard action, using Running Slash to move K10-->K9-->L8-->M8-->N9 without provoking and then attack SK2. At that point I'm flanking with Brown Bear, so the roll is [roll3] vs Reflex, and a hit deals [roll4] and slows SK2 until the end of Ash Brat's second turn.
Whew! Busy times!

Wdwune
2013-10-30, 10:36 PM
Brown Bear

Thanks to Ash's words, Brown Bear regains consciousness. He grabs his axe, stands up as he spits some blood and, regardless of the arrows still stuck on his body and armor, he regains his strength with a deep breath. This's more like it...

Following that, he gives a deadly glare to the kobold in front of him as his body changes into a more animalistic appearence, his fangs grow and his eyes glow fiercely as he swings his axe with the fury of a wounded bear.

"Brown Bear... Wants... Blood..."

Move: Stand up and pick my battle axe with both hands

Standard: Second Wind (spend a healing surge, regain 8 hit points and get +2 to all defenses)

Minor: Longtooth Shifting (until the end of the encounter I deal +2 dmg. Also, while bloodied I get regeneration 2)

Action Point: Boar's Assault vs SK2
· [roll0] vs AC (2-handed axe)
· Hit: [roll1] dmg and +4 temporary hp
· Miss: 1/2 dmg
· Effect: Until the end of the encounter (or until I drop to 0 hp) I get +4 temporary hit points whenever I hit.

Dimers
2013-10-31, 07:11 AM
To cover her surprise at the large man's berserker-like reaction, Ash Brat snarks, "More blood? Man, you're wasting what you started with!"

Ghost49X
2013-11-02, 12:24 PM
The Kobold makes a calculated dash while catching Sunha's slash on his shield. Stepping closer to the ranger he follows with a series of quick jabs, scoring hits but without much effect as Brown Bear's adrenaline shrugs off most of the pain.

WaffleLord
2013-11-02, 10:55 PM
Jimbley

"Artillery on the left flank, yes sir!" the monk quips as he slips out of reach of the dragonshield beside him. Slipping around the battlefield, dodging flying javelins and sllng bullets, he sneaks in between two koblolds and tries the take them out with a quick combination, but overjudges their heights and swings above their heads.

Minor Action
Fallen Needle Movement
Minor Action Personal
Shift 1 square I11 to I10

Move Action
Move I10-J9-K8-L7-K6

Standard Action
Fallen Needle Attack
At-Will Full Discipline, Implement, Psionic
Standard Action Melee touch
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against you until the end of your next turn.

Attack SL1 vs Reflex - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1] damage

If hits:
No Action
Flurry of Blows
At-Will Psionic
No Action Melee 1
Trigger: You hit with an attack during your turn
Effect: The target takes damage equal to 2 + your Wisdom modifier, and you slide it 1 square to a square adjacent to you.

M4 takes 5 damage. No slide.

Ghost49X
2013-11-03, 12:36 AM
Brown Bear barely sees the clay pot shooting towards him when his reflexes kick in and the pot misses safely to explode upon hitting the ground, leaving a small burning blaze.

Fiodor
2013-11-03, 11:54 AM
Sunha didn't like his options, they were being outnumbered and beaten Maria was threatened by a warrior and it was obvious that Brown Bear was threading water, still the choice between his friend and the young witch was obvious, Brown Bear could hang on, the girl would be more effective if kept from meele range. Sunha moved to take advantage of BB distraction and then hit harda and true through the Kobolds defenses. Not waiting to see the Kobold fall he swiftly moved through the battlefield to give Maria some space for her magic his wild swing missing out but still doing enough to pin down the attention of the Kobold warrior and challenging into fight the Half orc.

Come on oversized salamander! try it with me!

Shift to N11 Attack D1 with Covering attack[roll0] damage [roll1] BB can shift 2 squares away fromD1 Then I use an action point to charge to I11 and make a basic attack on D2 Roll [roll2] damage [roll3] If I hit I use takedown strike and D2 takes 4 more damage and its marked either i miss or hit

Wdwune
2013-11-03, 12:03 PM
Brown Bear

Still under the effects of the primal rage, Brown Bear's fanged mouth shows a grin as he swiftly slips away from the damaged kobold dragonshield to a more advantageous position, thanks to Sunha's distracting maneuver.

Free action: Shift 2 squares to K11

Note: I'm still under Second Wind effect too. :smalltongue:

Ghost49X
2013-11-03, 01:38 PM
Taking a vicious gash as Sunha's sword gets behind his shield, distracting him for a moment from Brown Bear he takes a swing at Sunha as he charges towards the rear lines. Seeing his target move away he steps up closing the distance. The rest of the kobolds pelt the group with another barrage of Javelins giving the spear fighter the distraction needed to run around and jab the minotaur in the back.

onlie2005
2013-11-08, 01:37 AM
Maria unleashes another lightning bolt the kobolds near the boulder.

Cast Arc Lightning on M3 and M4. INT vs REF. If critical hit does 11 damage total.

Arc Lightning on M3: [roll0]
Arc Lightning on M4: [roll1]
Damage if Hit: [roll2]

Ghost49X
2013-11-13, 01:35 PM
Taking advantage of Maria's focus on it's allies the shield bearing Kobold spins around and back slashes Maria for a wicked wound, then takes advantage of the side of the bolder for partial cover against Sunha's vengeful strike and blocks the awkward blow with his shield.

Wdwune
2013-11-14, 02:19 PM
Leif

As Leif looks around, she keeps humming a disrupting melody intended to disturb the kobold dragonshield that Sunha's fighting. She moves into an advantageous position and attacks the kobold with her longsword, attempting to make her opponent lower his guard against the half-orc.

Minor: Song of Serendipity - If Leif hits with her next attack, Sunha gets +2 on his next melee basic attack.

Move: Move to H3 (flanking D2)

Standard: Melee Basic Attack (longsword)
· [roll0] vs AC
· Hit: [roll1] dmg and use Lesser Flash of Distraction (D2 is dazed until the end of Leif's turn)
· Miss: Nothing!

Ghost49X
2013-11-15, 03:08 AM
Reserved spot for fluff, if any of you want to post go ahead.

Dimers
2013-11-20, 09:07 PM
The minotaur steps west for a closer look at how her companions are handling the battle, moving her shield in a weaving pattern she learned in the Underdark for preventing attacks while distracted. The kobold in front of her doesn't manage to find an opening. Ash Brat yells, "Good job, little girl! Keep it up!" before turning to swat an annoying blow against the kobold. As frustrated as it is becoming with her fighting style, any tiny advantage the minotaur's allies find will be easy to exploit.

Wdwune
2013-11-25, 03:51 PM
Brown Bear

Still bleeding and wielding the axe with both hands, Brown Bear grunts and moves away from Sunha as his eyes are fixed on the kobold dragonshield Ash's facing.

He stands still for a fraction of a second, then charges into his opponent, who's apparently distracted by Ash, and with a fierce swing attemps to smash his axe into the kobold's head.

N/A: Regen 2 (due to Longtooth Shifting racial power). BB's hp raises to 10/35

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on D1

Move: Walk to M13

Standard: Charge, using Marauder's Rush, flanking with Ash Brat
· [roll0] vs AC (2-handed battleaxe)
· Hit: [roll1] plus [roll2] damage and I gain 4 temporary hp (Boar's Assault effect)