PDA

View Full Version : Need a Rules Lawyer: Two Headed WereAdder

CyberThread
2013-07-29, 12:36 AM
So lets say a human gets bitten by a were adder.

This adder just happens to have two heads.

So if I get afflicted , does my human grow two heads, or just grows a head when goes into hybrid and animal forms?

TypoNinja
2013-07-29, 12:50 AM
So lets say a human gets bitten by a were adder.

This adder just happens to have two heads.

So if I get afflicted , does my human grow two heads, or just grows a head when goes into hybrid and animal forms?

You turn into the animal by type. Unless this species of Adder always/normally has two heads anyone infected by it would still just be turning into a regular adder.

Dayaz
2013-07-29, 12:59 AM
In easier terms, on the Lycanthrope template can be given to a creature "after creation" as it were, since it functions as a disease. Since the multiple headed template doesn't say it can be given as a disease or anything, it doesn't transfer to the new lycanthrope.

That being said, a two headed were-adder sound like a friggin beast. Can I have the stats for that for an upcoming campaign I want to start soon?

CyberThread
2013-07-29, 01:09 AM
Actually yes it is the real thing.

Two headed adder, from forgotten realms campaign setting page 309(ish)

Small, 1HD, Climb,swim, two heads, posionus bite, +5 for dex if you shape shifted ,

Darth Stabber
2013-07-29, 01:48 AM
Actually yes it is the real thing.

Two headed adder, from forgotten realms campaign setting page 309(ish)

Small, 1HD, Climb,swim, two heads, posionus bite, +5 for dex if you shape shifted ,

Then yeah, you would have 2 heads in animal form, and 2 in hybrid form.

CyberThread
2013-07-29, 01:57 AM
Hmmm such bad stats..and the horrible LA...but you get to look like this...

http://ninjagoguide.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/295px-fangtom4.png

Jeff the Green
2013-07-29, 03:17 AM
Hmmm such bad stats..and the horrible LA

The LA is horrible, but the stats aren't bad: Strength -4 Dex +6. You also get Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat since the two-headed adder doesn't qualify for it normally. Throw it on a TWF build and it'd be pretty good aside from the LA.

CyberThread
2013-07-29, 12:49 PM
haha, well thank you for atleast cheering me up Jeff. The fact you get two heads seems to be a fun addition.

Urpriest
2013-07-29, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't get two heads in hybrid form, since hybrid form always gives the same natural attacks regardless of base animal. You'd get them in animal form though.