PDA

View Full Version : Brave Warrior Gets No Respect

intothenight
2013-07-29, 01:07 AM
So I'm thinking of introducing a recurring gag character in my campaign. He's a perfectly good fighter. He has sturdy armor, a sharp blade, a wealth of experience, and a Charisma score of 2.

He exists mainly to latch on to various enemies in the hopes of earning glory in battle, but no one ever takes him seriously, even if they notice he's there.

So for now, I'm thinking of good quotes from this guy to make sure he isn't taken seriously as much as possible.

Here are a few ideas so far. Hoping to get a few more.

"I shall now prepare to harm you."

"My name is not one you'll soon forget. Oh, yes. My name is-- Stop attacking me! That's rude!"

"You'll regret using me as a coat rack!"

theIrkin
2013-07-29, 01:19 AM
you should go full krunk (from the emperor's new groove) and make him able to talk with a specific kind of abberition/magical creature that your BBEG keeps around or that is super common in your world. also, and this may be a detail that never comes into play, but i like the idea of him being loveable (high AC) but doesn't know how to use it (no diplomacy/other cha based skills)

Rubik
2013-07-29, 01:22 AM
So I'm thinking of introducing a recurring gag character in my campaign. He's a perfectly good fighter. He has sturdy armor, a sharp blade, a wealth of experience, and a Charisma score of 2.

He exists mainly to latch on to various enemies in the hopes of earning glory in battle, but no one ever takes him seriously, even if they notice he's there.

So for now, I'm thinking of good quotes from this guy to make sure he isn't taken seriously as much as possible.

Here are a few ideas so far. Hoping to get a few more.

"I shall now prepare to harm you."

"My name is not one you'll soon forget. Oh, yes. My name is-- Stop attacking me! That's rude!"

"You'll regret using me as a coat rack!"He hits things with other things. Unless he can do so in utterly awesome and unexpected ways, nobody will respect him regardless of his Charisma score.

Fyermind
2013-07-29, 01:29 AM
better than my Monk "I got blood on my hand, does anyone have a tissue? I need wipe this off!"

DementedFellow
2013-07-29, 01:37 AM
Are you going to name him Rodney after Rodney Dangerfield?

TiaC
2013-07-29, 02:11 AM
So something like this sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=510020) then? He's a giant, hulking minotaur who is almost completely unnoticeable.

geekintheground
2013-07-29, 03:16 AM
if you watch dr who, you could grab some quotes from sontarans. one of the finest race of soldiers in the history of the galaxy, only enough personality to know it. if not, i 2nd kronk. make him hard to hit (he's so boring and plain its adorable)

intothenight
2013-07-29, 03:21 AM
Are you going to name him Rodney after Rodney Dangerfield?
I may make "Danger" his actual middle name, but everyone will assume it's his lame attempt at a joke.

intothenight
2013-07-29, 03:22 AM
if you watch dr who, you could grab some quotes from sontarans. one of the finest race of soldiers in the history of the galaxy, only enough personality to know it. if not, i 2nd kronk. make him hard to hit (he's so boring and plain its adorable)

Aww, now I have to rewatch The Emperor's New Groove. Not that I'm complaining.

geekintheground
2013-07-29, 03:27 AM
Aww, now I have to rewatch The Emperor's New Groove. Not that I'm complaining.

or kronks new groove. not as good as the original, and (IIRC) is more like a couple short stories tied together somehow (its been a while), but gives you a LOT more kronk details to base a decision on and isnt a horrible way to kill 75mins.

theIrkin
2013-07-29, 03:52 AM
the tv show kept him as a central character too. it was about as good as you could expect with the original voice cast as they tried to squeeze more money out of the franchise.

animewatcha
2013-07-29, 04:31 AM
Don't forget to decimate the 4th wall.

ArqArturo
2013-07-29, 01:23 PM
I had a fighter that did not speak. At all. Not even hand-signs. And even telepathy came out null.

It's not that he was stupid, he just was a war veteran that had nothing else to say to the world.