PDA

View Full Version : The Reopening of the Nale Fan Club.

Querzis
2013-07-29, 02:05 AM
Last time I tried to get people into the Nale Fan Club, there wasnt much success. I guess it was just bad timing with the LG getting defeated a second time. But now I think its perfect timing to once again sing the praise of the best character in this comic.

So come join the Fan Club of a true «For the lulz» kind of villain, a man ready to get lightnings bolts in the face just to cause psychological torment to a girl he doesnt know. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0070.html) A man who has at the same time the funniest dialogues in the comic (with Thog and Elan) and the most romantic dialogue in the comic (come on, the Nale/Sabine romance is so much better then Haley/Elan).

So come on and join the Nale Fan Club! Because Succubus girlfriends are awesome while Vampire suck! Except Alucard and Seras.

Gift Jeraff
2013-07-29, 02:13 AM
I always felt he was underappreciated around here. I mean he's like the Dr. Evil of the comic!

:nale: I have an even better idea. I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death.

Or Dr. Robotnik (the pingas version).

KillianHawkeye
2013-07-29, 02:21 AM
Well he definitely showed his worth in the most recent comic. Just like many people here on the forums, Malack and Tarquin underestimated Nale, and he took advantage of it perfectly. Maybe his schemes are getting less complicated and more practical? He seems to have had this plan set up with Z in advance and waited until the time was just right to strike.

WindStruck
2013-07-29, 02:32 AM
Maybe he also knew drow sign language and communicated the plan without anyone knowing!! :smallwink:

Arkhosia
2013-07-29, 02:57 AM
Well he definitely showed his worth in the most recent comic. Just like many people here on the forums, Malack and Tarquin underestimated Nale, and he took advantage of it perfectly. Maybe his schemes are getting less complicated and more practical? He seems to have had this plan set up with Z in advance and waited until the time was just right to strike.

Agreed.
I join!

Henry the 57th
2013-07-29, 03:18 AM
I agree. I was really impressed by his level of competence here. If he keeps that up, I'll like him as much as his brother and father.

KillianHawkeye
2013-07-29, 08:24 AM
Maybe he also knew drow sign language and communicated the plan without anyone knowing!! :smallwink:

I suppose that's possible, but there doesn't seem to be any indication of him making any unusual hand movements.

Ninja Dragon
2013-07-29, 09:43 AM
I'm joining. Nale is awesome.

The last strips have been all about discredited characters doing awesome things, haven't they? First Elan, then the Monster, then Nale.

Rakoa
2013-07-29, 10:46 AM
Sign me up. What positions need to be filled?

Tragak
2013-07-29, 10:53 AM
Well, one of dart-board holders needs to be replaced :smallwink:

Excise
2013-07-29, 11:03 AM
Much like a certain Drow, I never left!

Kobold-Bard
2013-07-29, 11:05 AM
IIRC weren't fan club threads banned because they ended up clogging up the sub-forum when every minor character ended up having one, hence why it needed reopening in the first place?

Xelbiuj
2013-07-29, 11:16 AM
He's much more interesting than his father and he has the bad ass black tanktop look going on.

Still a petty roadblock that will get in the Order's way for no particular reason.

Vinsfeld
2013-07-29, 12:54 PM
I always liked him, but he was far from being a favourite. Now,he moved a few ranks up.

I'm joining the club.

oppyu
2013-07-29, 01:35 PM
I've always been a fan of Nale. Dude is basically the evil equivalent of our flawed, poorly built Order of the Stick. And he always tries so hard to play with the big evils.

Querzis
2013-07-29, 02:06 PM
I suppose that's possible, but there doesn't seem to be any indication of him making any unusual hand movements.

Second panel in strip 906. Mind you, even if he didnt say it there, Z reacted way too fast to it. Theres no way Nale didnt tell him beforehand what he was going to do.

Rakoa
2013-07-29, 02:12 PM
I keep hearing mention of Drow Sign. Nale is holding a potion and a bung. What's odd about it?