PDA

View Full Version : DMM and other turn/rebuke attempts?

Asrrin
2013-07-29, 11:32 AM
I had thought that DMM functioned only with turn undead/rebuke undead attempts. Is this incorrect? For instance, if my cleric has the moon domain, can he spend turn lycanthrope attempts for DMM?

Rebel7284
2013-07-29, 11:37 AM
RAW only works with turn/rebuke undead. However, certain abilities do say that they function AS turn/rebuke undead for divine feats.

As far as I know, the list of these is as follows:

Turn Incarnum (Azurin Cleric)
Turn Energy (Cleric 1, Dragonblood substitution level)
and there is at least one more, but it's slipping my mind now.

BowStreetRunner
2013-07-29, 11:40 AM
RAW: Divine Metamagic works with turn undead or rebuke undead attempts. It doesn't say anything about other types of turn or rebuke attempts. In contrast, abilities like Divine Damage Reduction (RS) specifically work with rebuke earth creature attempts.

RAI: This becomes a bit more murky, as some players see turn attempts as being a source of divine power that should be able to be used for divine feats. Ultimately, you need to ask your DM.

Claudius Maximus
2013-07-29, 02:26 PM
The Destroy Undead Cleric ACF from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft works as Turn Undead for Divine feats. Theoretically you can take it with a cleric, then take something like Sacred Excorcist for normal turning. This would effectively double your uses of turn undead.