PDA

View Full Version : [Dark Heresy] Arbiter or Guardsman

AmbientRaven
2013-07-29, 12:23 PM
Hi Guys,

Just found a group playing Dark heresy, I have never played before but have read the rules and would like some advice.

The group has 2 Psychers, a Guardsman and a techpriest.
I was looking at adding in either a Guardsman of my own or an arbiter to help the group out as they lack social skills.

What do you think?
And whats a good progression for the arbiter? as not knowing the system well I don't want to gimp myself

Thanks for your time

Dead_Jester
2013-07-29, 01:37 PM
2 Psykers :smalleek:, I feel bad for you...

I'd go for Arbiter, go the old shotgun route, upgrading to a Vanahem (Inquisitor's Handbook) when possible, or, if your DM is insane enough to allow it, the Vox Legi (Book of Judgement), with a side of interrogation and investigation. Let the Tech-Priest tank, you and the guardsman shoot anything that moves, preferably from point-blank range and with extreme prejudice, if possible standing well apart from the two ticking time bombs.

Tome
2013-07-29, 07:39 PM
From my experience, the Guardsman is somewhat lacking in skills outside of "shoot things". Worse, those skills are mostly just different ways to shoot things, rather than making him any better at actually doing so. Fun, but they tend not to have much to do when there's no fighting going on.

Yuki Akuma
2013-07-30, 07:07 AM
Depending on how those Psykers are built, you might be fine for direct combat. But if you still want to be fighty, I'd suggest going with the Arbiter - they can also do non-fighty stuff. They're also fairly useful when investigating due to their status as essentially Judge Dredd.