PDA

View Full Version : A spiked mithral shirt

realbombchu
2013-07-29, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone, in Pathfinder, does a spiked mithral shirt only cost 1,150 gp? Or are the spikes steel by default? I suspect I have to pay for mithral spikes, but that's several thousand gp I think, so I had to ask. Sorry if it's kind of a novice question. I haven't played in a while, and I'm trying to switch to Pathfinder, but don't know all of the changes yet. Thanks for the help.

Lightlawbliss
2013-07-29, 12:40 PM
I don't see anything saying one way or the other. I would have to say "Ask your DM"

realbombchu
2013-07-29, 12:46 PM
I don't see anything saying one way or the other. I would have to say "Ask your DM"

Yeah, I can't find anything either. In fact, I also can't find if the cost of a non-armor mithral item is based on its weight in steel or mithral. I think that makes a 2,500 gp difference in the final price in this case. That is, if mithral spikes aren't included with mithral armor.

JaronK
2013-07-29, 01:08 PM
Spikes are the default material (steel or iron or whatever) unless you pay extra. So what you're buying there is a Mithral Chain Shirt with Steel Spikes.

JaronK

Big Fau
2013-07-29, 01:14 PM
Spikes are the default material (steel or iron or whatever) unless you pay extra. So what you're buying there is a Mithral Chain Shirt with Steel Spikes.

JaronK

Yeah. Mithral has a special pricing guide for items other than armor or shields. Mithral Armor Spikes cost 2,500gp (or 5,000gp, if the DM rules you use the item's unmodified weight) and since Mithral doesn't do anything for a weapon (like armor spikes), you'd be better off not getting them made from it unless you seriously can't carry that much.

Lord Vukodlak
2013-07-29, 01:17 PM
Sadly it cost you a good bundle, maybe you should consider spiked mithril gauntlets.

Yeah. Mithral has a special pricing guide for items other than armor or shields. Mithral Armor Spikes cost 2,500gp (or 5,000gp, if the DM rules you use the item's unmodified weight) and since Mithral doesn't do anything for a weapon (like armor spikes), you'd be better off not getting them made from it unless you seriously can't carry that much.

Actually in pathfinder mithral counts as silver for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction without that -1 penalty on damage rolls from alchemical silver.