PDA

View Full Version : About A Million Requests

Octopusapult
2013-07-29, 04:49 PM
I am in the process of writing my own fantasy RPG. It's mostly done, and I'm looking into copyrights for the work and trademarking a logo so I can set up a site to publish it on. But at this point I feel like I've written enough things that aren't traditional fantasy elements that I probably couldn't get away with calling this a quality product without some illustrations. So screw it, I'm going to go the whole nine yards and just look for people willing to draw just about everything.

So I have what is essentially a limitless stream of things for people to draw. Anything you want to do. Creatures, people, animals, maps, landscapes, items, portraits, I can find a place for it. The setting is mostly fantasy (Dungeons and Dragons, Lord of the Rings, etc) but makes use of magetech and some steampunk elements so there's some of that too.

Anyone who's just not got inspiration and wants to get their name on something and doesn't mind working for free (because I'm not going to charge people for what I write so I can't really pay anything) then let me know here or in PM if you have any kind of questions or just want something to do right away.

Grinner
2013-07-29, 05:01 PM
While I'm probably not good enough to help you out, I would recommend describing what sort of look you're aiming for. Dark and macabre? Dramatic and awe-inspiring? Rustic and simple?

Edit: You might also want to consider asking around on DeviantArt. From what I understand, people there can be pretty generous to fellow hobbyists.

Octopusapult
2013-07-29, 05:18 PM
While I'm probably not good enough to help you out, I would recommend describing what sort of look you're aiming for. Dark and macabre?

Yes

Dramatic and awe-inspiring?

Yes.

Rustic and simple?

Yes.

Edit: You might also want to consider asking around on DeviantArt. From what I understand, people there can be pretty generous to fellow hobbyists.

I have. I only got one other person, and at first I thought she'd be well enough, but she has school and life things and I've got a lot more projects than I thought I would when she came along.

To answer the first parts with less vague-itude I can seriously use just about any kind of art style that isn't stick figures. Like I want it to look nice, but the literal "style" isn't too important. I have dark and macabre monsters, I have dramatic and awe-inspiring locations, and rustic and simple looking items / weapons / creatures / whatever. So seriously, any style, I'm not trying to be picky.

Grinner
2013-07-29, 05:24 PM
I have. I only got one other person, and at first I thought she'd be well enough, but she has school and life things and I've got a lot more projects than I thought I would when she came along.

I meant something more like asking permission to use existing pieces that match the concepts, rather than asking for totally original pieces.

ShadowFireLance
2013-07-29, 05:27 PM
I.....Might...be able to help. When I sit down and actually draw, fix, erase, fix again, and the whole nine yards, I can get pretty decent, but the entire process takes at least a week, if not more per drawing.

Can you give an exact example of a monster you want?

Octopusapult
2013-07-29, 06:00 PM
I meant something more like asking permission to use existing pieces that match the concepts, rather than asking for totally original pieces.

Oh, no I didn't think of that, but I'd also not really want to. I'd rather have original pieces. Maybe that is asking a lot, but it's the decision I'm going with.

I.....Might...be able to help. When I sit down and actually draw, fix, erase, fix again, and the whole nine yards, I can get pretty decent, but the entire process takes at least a week, if not more per drawing.

Can you give an exact example of a monster you want?

Yeah, do you want me to just post it here or PM you? I don't mind.

Jormengand
2013-07-29, 06:00 PM
I can do some types of building with relatively good results, if you like.

Jotunheim
2013-07-29, 06:01 PM
Can't help you myself, but I wish you the best of luck :)

Octopusapult
2013-07-29, 06:07 PM
I can do some types of building with relatively good results, if you like.

Shore. Do you have anything I could see?

Can't help you myself, but I wish you the best of luck :)

Thank you. ♥

Jormengand
2013-07-29, 06:10 PM
Shore. Do you have anything I could see?

Unfortunately not, but I could potentially do you a small demo, the moment I get my camera or my scanner back. (Though I might be able to do something simple by firing up 2D design, MS paint, and a lot of imagination).

Octopusapult
2013-07-29, 06:21 PM
Unfortunately not, but I could potentially do you a small demo, the moment I get my camera or my scanner back. (Though I might be able to do something simple by firing up 2D design, MS paint, and a lot of imagination).

No pressure. Do you mean building layouts like maps or like artwork of buildings?

Jormengand
2013-07-29, 06:26 PM
No pressure. Do you mean building layouts like maps or like artwork of buildings?

Artwork was what I meant, but maps would actually be super-easy in 2DD so I could make some of those if you wanted?

Octopusapult
2013-07-29, 06:31 PM
Artwork was what I meant, but maps would actually be super-easy in 2DD so I could make some of those if you wanted?

Oh no, I don't have any maps in mind yet, I was just asking. I don't usually worry about maps unless I'm DMing and for this I'm still actually writing.

Jormengand
2013-07-29, 06:42 PM
Oh no, I don't have any maps in mind yet, I was just asking. I don't usually worry about maps unless I'm DMing and for this I'm still actually writing.
*Shrug.* Just in case you wanted an "Example of play" or something like PF's rules example pictures. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Attacks-of-Opportunity) Anyway, yeah, I can get to work on some kind of artwork if you PM it to me.

ShadowFireLance
2013-07-29, 08:01 PM
Post it here, if you don't mind.

Octopusapult
2013-07-29, 09:45 PM
I'll give you something that I would consider hard but easy enough to explain. It's called the Crawling Apocalypse and is essentially a mummified kraken. Found in desert areas, covered in wraps with weird symbols, you know that sort of thing. Have fun. XD

Octopusapult
2013-08-10, 01:19 PM
So how is everyone?

Jormengand
2013-08-11, 07:34 AM
So how is everyone?

Still without anything to transfer the drawing to teh interwebz, and very bogged down with a million and twelve other things.