PDA

View Full Version : Child of Athena [Percy Jackson Class]

Admiral Squish
2013-07-29, 07:36 PM
Child of Athena

HD:d8
Skill Points: 8+int
Skills: Acrobatics, Appraise, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Knowledge (any, taken individually), Linguistics, Perception, Profession, Sense Motive, Swim
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1st|+1|+0|+2|+2|Divine Knowledge (Tactics) 3/day, Bonus Feat

2nd|+2|+0|+3|+3|Brilliant Finesse

3rd|+3|+1|+3|+3|Divine Knowledge 4/day

4th|+4|+1|+4|+4|Insightful Strike, Bonus Feat, Divine Brilliance +2

5th|+5|+1|+4|+4|Divine Knowledge (Puissance)

6th|+6|+2|+5|+5|Divine Knowledge 5/day

7th|+7|+2|+5|+5|Genius Defense, Bonus Feat

8th|+8|+2|+6|+6|Divine Brilliance +4, Divine Knowledge (Foe)

9th|+9|+3|+6|+6|Divine Knowledge 6/day

10th|+10|+3|+7|+7|Bonus Feat

11th|+11|+3|+7|+7|Divine Knowledge (Dread Secret)

12th|+12|+4|+8|+8|Divine Brilliance +6, Divine Knowledge 7/day

13th|+13|+4|+8|+8|Bonus Feat

14th|+14|+4|+9|+9|Divine Knowledge (Foreknowledge)

15th|+15|+5|+9|+9|Divine Knowledge 8/day

16th|+16|+5|+10|+10|Divine Brilliance +8, Bonus Feat

17th|+17|+5|+10|+10|

18th|+18|+6|+11|+11|Divine Knowledge 9/day

19th|+19|+6|+11|+11|Bonus Feat

20th|+20|+6|+12|+12|Divine Brilliance +10, Divine Knowledge 10/day[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Child of Aphrodite is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and light armor and shields (but not tower shields).

Divine Knowledge: Three times per day, a Child of Athena can draw upon their expansive knowledge of monsters, granting his allies benefits against the creatures they face. Doing this counts as a move action. The secrets of divine knowledge pertain only to aberrations, elementals, magical beasts, outsiders, or undead.
A Child of Athena unlocks new divine knowledge abilities as his level increases and can also call upon his divine knowledge more often, gaining one additional daily use for every three Child of Athena levels (4/day at 3rd level, 5/day at 6th level, and so forth).
Using divine knowledge requires a Knowledge check of a type appropriate to the creature faced. A Knowledge (arcana) check reveals secrets of magical beasts, Knowledge (dungeoneering) pertains to aberrations, Knowledge (religion) covers undead, and Knowledge (the planes) applies to outsiders and elementals. The DC of the check is 15. Most of the Child of Athena’s divine knowledge abilities increase in effectiveness if he succeeds on his Knowledge check by 10 or more. divine knowledge can only be used once against any given creature.
The Child of Athena’s divine knowledge can affect a single creature or all creatures of the same race, depending on the effect used. A target creature must be within 60 feet, and the Child of Athena must be aware of the creature’s presence, although he need not have a line of sight to it. The effects of divine knowledge last for 1 minute, unless stated otherwise.

Tactics: The Child of Athena knows the general combat behaviors of creatures of that race, granting his allies a +1 bonus to attack rolls made against them. For example, a Child of Athena confronted by a telchine, who succeeded on his Knowledge (dungeoneering) check, would grant his allies the attack bonus against all the telchine they fought in that encounter. If the Child of Athena succeeds on his Knowledge check by 10 or more, then this bonus increases to +2. If the Child of Athena succeeds on his Knowledge check by 20 or more, then this bonus increases to +3.

Puissance: Starting at 5th level, the Child of Athena can use his divine knowledge to help his allies fight off the corrupting influence of other creatures. Allies within 60 feet of the Child of Athena gain a +1 bonus on saving throws against the affected creature’s abilities. If the Child of Athena succeeds on his Knowledge check by 10 or more, this bonus increases to +2. If the Child of Athena succeeds on his Knowledge check by 20 or more, this bonus increases to +3.

Foe: Starting at 8th level, a Child of Athena can direct his allies to attack vital spots of his enemies. On a successful Knowledge check, he grants them a bonus to weapon damage rolls made against the target creatures equal to 1d6 points of damage. If the Child of Athena succeeds on his Knowledge check by 10 or more, then this bonus increases to 2d6. If the Child of Athena succeeds on his Knowledge check by 20 or more, then this bonus increases to 3d6.

Dread Secret: By speaking aloud a dread secret of the target creature, a Child of Athena of 11th level or higher can dazzle a target creature for 1 round. Unlike other divine knowledge, this ability can be used only against a single creature. If the Child of Athena succeeds on his Knowledge check by 10 or more, then the target is dazed for 1 round. If the Child of Athena succeeds on his Knowledge check by 20 or more, then the target is stunned for 1 round (if the target is immune to being stunned but not immune to being dazed, such as most undead, then the Child of Athena can choose to daze the target instead of stunning it).

Foreknowledge: Starting at 14th level, a Child of Athena can better prepare his allies for the attacks of the affected creature, making it harder for the creature to land blows and successfully deal damage. Allies within 30 feet of the Child of Athena gain a +1 insight bonus to Armor Class that applies to attacks by the affected creature only. If the Child of Athena succeeds on his Knowledge check by 10 or more, this bonus increases to +2. If the Child of Athena succeeds on his Knowledge check by 20 or more, this bonus increases to +3.

Bonus Feat: At 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, 13th, 16th, and 19th level, the Child of Athena gains a bonus feat from the following list:
Combat Expertise, Dodge, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Improved Critical, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Mobility, Skill Focus (Knowledge, any).
A Child of Athena must meet the prerequisites for any feat selected.

Brilliant Finesse: A Child of Athena can use their intelligence modifier instead of their strength modifier for determining their attack bonus with any light weapon, a rapier, whip, or spiked chain.

Insightful Strike: A Child of Athena can apply their intelligence bonus as a bonus to damage rolls (in addition to any strength bonus he may have) when using any light weapon or weapon that can be used with weapon finesse, such as a rapier, whip, or spiked chain. Targets immune to sneak attacks or critical hits are immune to the insightful strike ability. A Child of Athena cannot use this ability while wearing medium or heavy armor, or while carrying a medium or heavy load.

Divine Brilliance: At 4th level, a Child of Athena gains a +2 enhancement bonus to intelligence. At 8th level and every four levels thereafter, this bonus increases by 2.

Genius Defense: A Child of Athena gains a dodge bonus to their AC against any attack made by a creature they have successfully identified with a knowledge check. The Child of Athena does not gain this bonus in any situation where they would be denied their dexterity bonus to AC.

Saidoro
2013-07-30, 12:45 AM
Neat, I liked those books. The class is missing hit dice, skills and proficiencies(this is also true of the other classes, but I probably won't mention it again.)
I suggest stating explicitly that the bonus from divine brilliance gives extra skill points on level up unlike intelligence boosts from items.(Unless you didn't mean for it to do so, of course.) Consider appropriating the factotum's Brains Over Brawn and the Warblade's Weapon Aptitude. Both fit the flavor and the former will help to make those trip checks that are this classes bread and butter while the latter is just handy.
I worry somewhat that each of the presented classes seems to only have one really valid build, in this case a spiked chain tripper. Padding out the bonus feat list could do a lot for this classes versatility. (At least it should have knowledge devotion, and I'd suggest martial study/stance as well.)

Admiral Squish
2013-07-30, 09:22 AM
Derp. I probably should have caught the lack of skills/HD/proficiencies.

Good point on divine brilliance.

I didn't think of brain over brawn or aptitude. Good point, though, I'll see if I can muscle 'em in somewhere.

It's sort of a concern, I admit. This class I tried to keep relatively simple, because the player isn't really familiar with the system and she didn't want to learn a lot of complicated mechanics.