PDA

View Full Version : [modern/Prestige Class] I choose immortal life...

Dhavaer
2006-12-13, 12:11 AM
Vivimancer

Requirements
Skills: Knowledge (arcane lore) 18 ranks, Knowledge (earth and life sciences) 18 ranks, Treat Injury 18 ranks, Spellcraft 18 ranks
Feats: Spell Focus (necromancy), Greater Spell Focus (necromancy)
Special: Savant [Knowledge (earth and life sciences)], able to cast 5th level arcane spells

Class Information
Hit Dice: 1d6
Action Points: 7 + 1/2 character level
BAB: Poor
Saves: Fort medium, Reflex poor, Will good
Defence: 1 + 1/2 per level.
Class Skills: Concentration, Craft (chemical, pharmaceutical, writing), Decipher Script, Investigate, Knowledge (arcane lore, art, behavioral sciences, earth and life sciences, history, physical sciences), Profession, Read/Write/Speak, Research, Spellcraft, Treat Injury
Skill Points: 7+Int per level.

Features
1 Arcane Power: A character's Vivimancer levels count as arcane spellcaster levels for the purposes of increasing caster level.
2 Lifeforce: The Vivimancer adds the Cure Wounds spells to her spell list.
3 Genesis: The Vivimancer learns to create life. She may use the Grow Servant incantation.
4 Restore Breath: The Vivimancer adds the Raise Dead, Cure Disease and Neutralise Poison spells to her spell list.
5 Incorruptable: The Vivimancer becomes immune to poison and disease, and ceases to age.

Fizban
2006-12-13, 09:55 PM
Nifty, mind providing a DnD version for us, or at least a description of this "Savant" requirement and what the Grow Servant incantation is?

Dhavaer
2006-12-13, 10:03 PM
Savant is a Smart hero Talent that gives you a bonus on the skill selected. I've no idea what a D&D version would look like, and I haven't yet statted the incantation.

Fako
2006-12-14, 01:24 AM
Very interesting class. Sounds like a fun choice to use for a recurring villan.

It looks well balanced to me. Gives an arcane caster some healing options.

While I'm no expert at D20 Modern, the DnD version should look something like this:

Note: The D&D counterpart to Treat Injury is Heal. However, I know of no arcane caster that gets heal as a class skill. I removed it from the entry requirements on this version.

Requirements
Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 18 ranks, Knowledge (nature) 18 ranks, Spellcraft 18 ranks
Feats: Spell Focus (necromancy), Greater Spell Focus (necromancy), Skill Focus [Knowledge(nature)]
Special: Able to cast 5th level arcane spells

Class Information
Hit Dice: d6
Class Skills: Concentration, Craft (Alchemy), Decipher Script, Heal, Knowledge (Arcana, geography, history, nature, religion), Profession, Speak Language, Research, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Skill Points: 6+Int per level.

Vivimancer
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|-|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Lifeforce|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|Genesis|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Restore Breath|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Incorruptable|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class[/table]

Features

Spellcasting: At each level, the Vivimancer gains new spells per day/spells known as if she had gained a level in any arcane spellcasting class in which she could cast 5th level spells. She does not gain any other benefits from gaining a level in that class (such as improving their familiar).

Lifeforce: The Vivimancer adds Cure Minor Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds, and Cure Critical Wounds to her spell list.

Genesis: The Vivimancer learns to create life. She may use the Grow Servant incantation.

Restore Breath: The Vivimancer adds Raise Dead, Cure Disease and Neutralise Poison to her spell list.

Incorruptable: The Vivimancer becomes immune to poison and disease, and ceases to age. She does not die of old age as normal.

The_Cowinator
2006-12-14, 01:59 AM
:cool: Cool. It's the Über Heal Bitch, but with extra cheese. I like it.