PDA

View Full Version : Demon Summoner (PF class)

Deerpoob
2013-07-30, 01:08 AM
Heavily inspired by the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei series of games, I present to you the Demon summoner:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IGCuXpOdeUqqUwo1SEhFs6z_Dp-fcF6RNm041bi-cEA/edit

It's meant to be played by all the players in a game (and probably fewer players then a normal game) and in its own setting where the only enemies are demons and humans.

Arcana are roughly equivalent to sorcerer bloodlines, offering up spells, Abilities, bonus feats and even class skills, demons are summoned based on arcana and can be stored, any demon can be negotiated with by any summoner, however some arcana might have difficult negotiation skills for others (A magician arcana summoner with training in mostly knowledge and talking skills might not be able to match up to the feat of strength required to impress a demon of the tower or strength arcana)

I took the general stats from the summoner class, BAB as well as the numbers for saves (they will changed based on arcana)

as for spells I'm giving the player enough to cast an equal amount of spells per level as a summoner, but with a spell pool more in-line with a sorcerer, there will be certain "innate" spells as well based on arcana that can be cast for 1 mana and are to be considered the basic attacks of the class, similar to the various abilities gained with domains and schools of magic in other classes.

It is very obviously incomplete, the arcana and demons are completely unstarted but I'm just curious if I have a good base to start from, I figure each arcana will give 2-4 skills, bringing the total including the 2 demon related ones to anywhere from 7-9, I've never made anything like this before I hope there aren't any glaring mistakes.

Any suggestions and criticisms at all are welcome!