PDA

View Full Version : Shifting Offense [3.5 Fighter Feat]

gooddragon1
2013-07-30, 01:22 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hadrian_Emrys
2013-07-30, 03:09 AM
Making this a variant feature, or a fighter-exclusive feat, would have done the job.

gooddragon1
2013-07-30, 03:31 AM
Making this a variant feature, or a fighter-exclusive feat, would have done the job.

I love that second idea. I love it very much.

Xerlith
2013-07-30, 04:35 AM
I love the idea, but I feel that the charge bit is a little too much.
I mean... Uberchargers can make it a massive power attack. That still hits.

Wording could use a little help.
How about:

When fighting with your chosen weapon, you can distribute your Base Attack Bonus points freely.
This feat allows you to sum the Base Attack Bonus from all your BAB-derived attacks and reassign it to those attacks as you see fit.

For example, a 20th level fighter could redistribute his +20/+15/+10/+5 attacks to be nearly even with +13/+13/+12/+12 or he could funnel it all into a single attack with a +50 base attack bonus.

You need not make a full attack to benefit from this ability and may instead choose to pool all of your BAB into a single standard action attack or attack after a charge (if you make a full attack after a charge you instead choose how to split up your BAB) in spite of not being able to use other attacks from high BAB.

This feat can be applied only to attacks gained from base attack bonus and not any other source (such as a weapon of speed or two-weapon fighting).

I dont' know if it's any better, though. ;x

Amechra
2013-07-30, 07:47 AM
Can you get more than 4 attacks from this feat?

I mean, could I split a +20 BAB into 9 attacks at +10/+8/+8/+6/+6/+4/+4/+2/+2? (And then use Crushing Strike to get a cumulative +1 bonus on attack rolls for each attack that hits, and Wraithstrike to make sure they all hit...)

Hytheter
2013-07-30, 08:20 AM
This feat seems kinda complex and somewhat ripe for abuse.

Maybe it should be something simpler like "sacrifice any number of extra attacks from your base attack bonus to give a +X bonus to all other attacks made that round"

Or something?

gooddragon1
2013-07-30, 05:26 PM
I love the idea, but I feel that the charge bit is a little too much.
I mean... Uberchargers can make it a massive power attack. That still hits.

Wording could use a little help.
How about:

I dont' know if it's any better, though. ;x

It definitely helps and I've edited the main post.

You cannot get more than 4 attacks from this feat.

If you did get an extra attack from a weapon of speed and had 20th level full BAB you could do the following

+20/+13/+13/+12/+12
+20/+20/+15/+10/+5
+20/+10/+10/+10/+20
+20/+20/+10/+10/+10

Note how you can't manipulate the attack you gain at your full base attack bonus from a weapon of speed at all. Same principle with twf except you'd still have to deal with the penalties to all attacks. So if you flurried
+18/+18/+13/+8/+3
+18/+11/+11/+10/+10

You still have the 50 points to distribute but you're looking at the -2 penalty to attack rolls.

You could power attack for 50 and still make your other attacks but it would look like this (which might open up abuse)

+0/-50/-50/-50
before other modifiers anyways. At that point you might as well be swinging a vorpal sword because you're hoping for a 20. If you twf you could get more attempts but that's still hoping for 20's. Uberchargers are insane as is and I can't really try to balance against them. Can't think of much other ways in the possibility for abuse at the moment though.