PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon - Shadows Unbound - Chapter 3(IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BluesEclipse
2013-07-30, 02:03 AM
First Topic is Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247336)
Second Topic is Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261765)

Ban, Aron
Arluin's menacing expression doesn't seem to frighten the ghost in the least - Liya gives an exaggerated yawn at the Croconaw's performance, while Yellow Camel continues making his way around the field, plodding along at Aron's direction.

Mike smiles and orders, "Roll, cut back through the wall and see just how much heat that Numel can handle! Will-o-Wisp!" The Shuppet glides back through the wall, coming out behind Yellow Camel and sending a burst of ghostly blue flame at him, but the flame flickers out harmlessly against the Numel's hide. Shayla says, "It would've been a nice setup if it had landed... but no matter. Liya, bring down that Croconaw with a Shadow Ball!" The Mismagius nods and forms a ball of shadowy power in front of it, flinging it at Arluin. The Croconaw tries to leap aside, but the ball catches him in the arm and explodes - sending him spinning into the wall, where he slumps down unconscious.

Round Summary
Aron used Game Plan on Yellow Camel.
Arluin missed Liya with Scary Face.
Roll missed Yellow Camel with Will-o-Wisp.
Liya hit Arluin with Shadow Ball for 44 damage. Arluin is Fainted.

Lorenzo
You check on your trades and notice you've got a few offers - just a few, since you specified cash only. Most notable is someone offering 7500 for Dr. Krakenjaw, with Skizz also having an offer of 6000. The Breloom and Charmeleon each have 3000 as the high offer, while the Anorith surprisingly didn't attract any buyers.

KujiUn
2013-07-30, 02:13 AM
"Great! Now back up and use your new move!" Camel does so, before releasing out a glob of earth, hitting the Shuppet!

Earth Power:
AC2: [roll0] 3m Blast, SPDEF-Down on 16+
Damage: [roll1] S-Ground

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-30, 08:06 AM
Lorenzo accepts all the trade offers. After that, he looks around town for a park, where he can have a semi-private, open space with Psyke. When he finds a good spot, he releases the little Psychic. How are you doing? Adjusting well?

Tybar
2013-07-30, 04:10 PM
Aron winces as Arluin spins, recalling him even as he slumps. You did well. There's no accounting for taste in scary faces I suppose. Laughing Breeze, you're up! Remember, it only seems insubstantial! Let's see if I can push you further too!

Laughing Breeze projects a focused look into Aron's mind, turning to the ghost in front of him.

Laughing Breeze used Foresight! Targets cannot force him to roll higher on accuracy checks, and may not use their speed stat to increase his AC checks. He will also be able to spot the real target in Double Team.

Aron uses Tactical Maneuver
[roll0]

If over 15:

Great Laughing Breeze, Force Palm!

Laughing Breeze leaps up at Liya, palm upward.

AC 2, not affected by speed stat, paralyzes on 18-20
[roll1]
Dmg: Physical Fighting
[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-01, 01:29 AM
Ban, Aron
As Yellow Camel moves to launch his blast of earth, and Mike calls out, "Nail him with Shadow Sneak before he can get that off!" The Shuppet darts forward as a shadowy blur as the glob of earth is fired, smacking into Yellow Camel before the earthen ball bursts apart, the wave of dust crashing into the ghost from behind and engulfing it. When the dust settles, the Shuppet is floating limply in the air, unconscious. Nodding, Mike says, "Good job, Roll... well done. Tango, you're next up!" He releases an odd, vaguely serpentine winged Pokémon that Aron recognizes as a Dunsparce.

Shayla says, "Lucario... quite nice, and a good move there - chaining Foresight into your attack to mitigate its weakness against ghosts without losing momentum. Still..." She adjusts her glasses before smiling and saying, "Liya, let's see if you can find a vulnerable point for a Psybeam... try the head." The Mismagius fires a beam of psychic power at the Lucario, but the fighting-type shifts itself to guard with its body, dampening the force of the mental blast.

Round Summary
Roll hit Yellow Camel with Shadow Sneak for 36 damage.
Yellow Camel hit Roll with Earth Power for 57 damage. Roll is Fainted.
Laughing Breeze used Foresight.
Aron used Tactical Maneuver.
Laughing Breeze hit Liya with Force Palm for 36 damage.
Shayla used Aim For The Horn!.
Liya hit Laughing Breeze with Psybeam for 36 damage.

Lorenzo
Psyke gives you a look for a moment, before his eyes glow faintly. You flinch from a sudden burst of pain as Psyke attempts to connect to your mind, but the Abra pulls back the mental connection immediately, giving you a quiet nod.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-01, 08:15 AM
Bad? I'm guessing thats bad. Is there something I can do?

Tybar
2013-08-02, 12:06 AM
Aron winces as Laughing Breeze takes the hit, but the Lucario projects a smile into his head. Okay Breeze, copy that Shadow Sneak, you can get across the field this round!

Laughing Breeze nods sharply and sprints, slashing past Liya and whipping around the corner.

Laughing Breeze uses Copycat! Laughing Breeze copies Shadow Sneak on Liya:

AC 2 Dark Physical damage
[roll0]
[roll1]

Aron uses Tactical Maneuver on Laughing Breeze:
[roll2]

if over 15:

Laughing Breeze continues sprinting around the spiral, speeding up and striking Tango.

AC 2 Normal Physical damage
[roll3]
[roll4]

EdroGrimshell
2013-08-02, 12:30 AM
Haruka goes to rent a temporary stall, with the papers that shouldn't be hard, she'd set up for lunch the next day, challenge the gym in the morning, and work through the afternoon to earn enough cash for travelling. She'd use whatever time she had before bed and whatever time after the gym battle to make her wares. That'd give her a few hours at least, enough time to make a few batches of energy drinks and medicinal powders.

KujiUn
2013-08-02, 09:05 PM
Yellow Camel keeps running around the spiral, getting close to Tango before launching a lava plume at him!

AC2: [roll0] Burn 16+
Damage: [roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-03, 12:30 AM
Ban, Aron
Laughing Breeze watches Liya's motions intently, before nodding and darting forward in a shadowy blur. He gets the speed of the attack down, but not the accuracy - his swipe glances harmlessly off of the ghost as he leaps to attack her. His second attempt at an attack, against Tango this time, likewise glances off of the Pokémon's body harmlessly - though it provides an opening for Yellow Camel to blast the Dunsparce with a burst of lava.

Mike nods and calls out, "Alright, Tango... circle around and nail them with Ancientpower!" The normal-type slithers around behind Laughing Breeze and draws in power. At the sight of a faint shimmer around the Pokémon, Mike calls, "Now!" and the Dunsparce releases a dull grey beam of power which smashes through both Laughing Breeze and Yellow Camel. The Lucario endures the blow, though only barely, and the Numel is battered a bit as well. Shayla then orders, "Liya, finish it off with Astonish." The Mismagius responds by darting forward, slamming fiercely into Laughing Breeze - or at least his open palms, as despite his injuries the Lucario still proves focused enough to block the attack.

Round Summary
Laughing Breeze used Copycat. Laughing Breeze missed Liya with Shadow Sneak.
Laughing Breeze missed Tango with Quick Attack.
Yellow Camel hit Tango with Lava Plume for 44 damage.
Tango hit Laughing Breeze and Yellow Camel with Ancientpower. Tango gained +1 to all Combat Stages.
Laughing Breeze took 4 damage.
Yellow Camel took 11 damage.
Liya missed Laughing Breeze with Astonish.

Haruka
You find a couple of options for stalls - one that's pretty far out of the way, tucked into the mouth of a little alley between two shops, is available for 150 Meseta for the day. Another near the northern gates is available for 250 Meseta, and one right in the center of town can be rented for 400 Meseta.

Lorenzo
Psyke looks at you, thinking for a moment, before focusing on something, tracing something into the air with his finger. After a moment, he points down towards the ground, and you see poorly-written letters scratched into the dirt that read, not bad. As Psyke begins tracing in the air again, more scratches appear in the dirt near that, reading, you didnt make me fight with the words thank you then appering underneath.

EdroGrimshell
2013-08-03, 12:59 AM
Haruka immediately skips over the cheaper stalls and goes to the one in the town center, it would have the most foot traffic and give her the highest chance of selling all her goods, even with a higher initial payment, it would likely be the better choice for what she intends to do. She pays to have the stall the next day and gets to work on making her stock (exact amounts in the previous thread and quoted below for convenience) as well as setting up ingredients to make batches as needed the next day.

Basic idea behind Haruka's "Business Plan"

Cost to Make
250/Energy Drink, 175/Heal Powder, & 150/Energy Powder

5 Energy Drinks = $1,250
5 Energy Powder = $750
5 Heal Powder = $875

$2,875 Spent to Make.

Sell Price
400/Energy Drink, 300/Heal Powder, and 250/Energy Powder

5 Energy Drinks = $2,000
5 Energy Powder = $1,500
5 Heal Powder = $1,250

$4,750 Estimated in Return Value

$1,875 in Estimated Profits + Soul Food and Breeding Profits

$1,500 Charged per Breeding, $500 paid as an up front cost so even if the breeding fails Haruka earns money or if someone doesn't come back for the pokemon she gets the money as well as those left behind, which she can leave at the Ranger Station while keeping the egg.

$150 Charged for Soul Food Meals for humans, $200 for Pokemon due to the extra benefits.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-03, 07:15 PM
Lorenzo turned bright red immediately. Ya. Funny you say that. I was going to ask you how you felt about learning to defend yourself? He looked down and away from the Abra, afraid of its judging eyes. He scratched the back of his head nervously.

[roll0] Cha! (mukking cha...)

KujiUn
2013-08-04, 05:21 PM
Yellow Camel fires another puff of flame, hitting Liya this time.

Ember:
AC2: [roll0] Burn 18+
Damage: [roll1] S-Fire

Tybar
2013-08-04, 07:53 PM
Aron grins as Laughing Breeze blocks the blow. Yeah! Use those palms again on Tango! Pick up the pace, both of you!

Aron uses Morale Rally! Both Yellow Camel and Laughing Breeze gain +10 to their speed stat.

Laughing Breeze uses Force Palm on Tango:

AC 2, Paralyze on 18+
[roll0]
Dmg: Fighting Physical
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-04, 08:50 PM
Ban, Aron
Yellow Camel's blast of flame strikes Liya, but has little effect. Meanwhile, Laughing Breeze's palm strike is deflected by the aura of absorbed power surrounding the Dunsparce. Shayla nods and says, "Alright, Liya... hit them with a Psywave." The Mismagius responds by launching a wave of psychic power which slams through both the Lucario and Numel, the crushing mental pressure overwhelming the already injured Lucario and knocking him to the ground. Shayla smirks, but the smirk fades when a groan is heard. She blinks as Laughing Breeze forces himself back to his feet, somehow having withstood the psychic assault, and says, "Such resilience... remarkable." Mike nods and says, "Yeah... still, it won't be enough. Give him a Glare, Tango!" The Dunsparce nods before fixing a piercing glare on Laughing Breeze, the fighting-type's body locking up as it meets the normal-type's gaze.

Round Summary
Yellow Camel hit Liya with Ember for 4 damage.
Laughing Breeze missed Tango with Force Palm.
Liya hit Laughing Breeze and Yellow Camel with Psywave.
Laughing Breeze took 14 damage.
Yellow Camel took 14 damage.
Laughing Breeze used Endure. Laughing Breeze withstood the blow.
Tango hit Laughing Breeze with Glare. Laughing Breeze is Paralyzed.

Lorenzo
Psyke gives you a nervous look, before tracing more words into the ground. you want me to fight them

Haruka
You get yourself set up, and begin working on your preparations.

Tybar
2013-08-04, 11:32 PM
Aron returns Laughing Breeze. Good job, but return for now...I think we've pushed you far enough. Helios, it's about time for you to get back on your game!

Aron releases Helios.

I will do the command after their turn, as I am assuming both of the other pokemon are faster than speed 9.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-04, 11:39 PM
Fight who? What no! You don't have to fight anyone. I know you have issues with battling because you had no way to defend yourself. I have an idea on how you can, as you are right now. With a turn of the wrist, one of his many blades was delicately held between his thumb and index finger. I was going to teach you how to use these.

Jacior
2013-08-05, 09:17 PM
Cooper decided not to hang around while the others were battling. Not that he knew how to find where they were in the gym anyway. Probably wouldn't want him around right now anyway. He leaves the gym and heads back towards the pokemon center. Needed to get the team fixed up.

KujiUn
2013-08-06, 03:18 PM
"Alright, one more hit!" Camel sends out a plume of lava over at Liya!

Lava Plume:
AC2: [roll0] Burn 16+
Damage: [roll1] S-Fire

BluesEclipse
2013-08-07, 12:32 AM
Ban, Aron
As Aron moves to recall Laughing Breeze, Mike calls out, "Tango, bring him down! Pursuit!" The Dunsparce moves as a blur, darting forward as the Lucario is struck by the recalling beam and striking at the mass of light - and actually knocking the fighting type out of the recall, unconscious. Mike smirks at Aron and says, "Alright, you can have him back now." Aron then recalls the Lucario and releases Helios in the center of the spiral.

Shayla frowns as the burst of lava from Yellow Camel washes over her Mismagius, the ghostly Pokémon crying out in pain. As the lava disperses, the Mismagius is seen hovering limply, unconscious. Shayla nods and recalls her fallen Pokémon, saying, "An Ivysaur... and with the Numel still present, bringing Val out would be ill-advised. Dylan, you're up." She releases a dark bird Pokémon behind Tango, which puffs out its chest arrogantly, before tilting the hat-like crest atop its head with one wing. Aron recognizes the Pokémon as a Honchkrow.

Round Summary
Tango hit Laughing Breeze with Pursuit for 7 damage. Laughing Breeze is Fainted.
Yellow Camel hit Liya with Lava Plume for 26 damage. Liya is fainted.

Alright. Helios is up.

Lorenzo
Psyke looks at you for a moment, surprise clear on his face as he begins writing again with his telekinesis. you won't force me to fight there? His gaze shifts to the direction of the gym.

Cooper
You get into the Pokémon Center and get your team healed up without much difficulty.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-07, 12:53 AM
I'm not forcing you to fight anywhere. Especially not at the one Gym designed to eat Psychic types alive. However, you should know that my in our travels, there are many dangers. You will have to defend yourself and I won't be able to protect you. That's the key. While a blade is sharp, and an instrument of pain, it can do nothing on its own. Why you wield a blade is more important than the fact you wield one. I know you have felt pain before. I know you have been put into fights you cannot win. I don't want to put you in any fights you can't handle. With these He flipped the blade in his hand once You can handle any fight. We can handle any fight. Together.

[roll0] C'mon! thats an awesome speech!

Tybar
2013-08-07, 08:23 PM
Aron frowns and shakes his head at Mike, That comment was uncalled for. Helios, we'll move on to the Dunsparce in a moment. Until then, let's put down that Honchkrow for a nap. Aim carefully!

Aron uses Strategic Targeting on Helios!

Helios uses Sleep Powder, centered to just hit Dylan.

AC: 6 to have Dylan fall asleep.
[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-08, 01:22 AM
Ban, Aron
Shayla watches as Helios's attack scatters before getting close enough to affect Dylan. Nodding, she says, "An excellent effort... Dylan, bring that Numel down with Night Shade." The Honchkrow's eyes glow darkly, and purple power gathers around Yellow Camel before bursting apart with a sound of breaking glass and a cry from the Numel before it falls unconscious.

Round Summary
Dylan hit Yellow Camel with Night Shade for 31 damage. Yellow Camel is Fainted.

If your next mon is faster than 8, Kuji, it's up.

Lorenzo
The Abra looks at you for a moment, pensively, before looking at the knife. The blade floats over in front of the Pokémon, and he looks at it for a long moment. i dont want to fight appears on the ground, and after a moment, below it appears but i want to help you

Finally, he looks at you with a nod, and traces his finger in the air a couple more times, scribing into the dirt please teach me

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-08, 07:59 PM
Alright! Lorenzo stood up suddenly, drawing several knives and toss-dropping them near Psyke's feet. First and foremost, how to throw a knife properly. Palming another knife, which quickly is inverted, held by the tip of the blade. Your standard throwing knife has a center of balance where the blade meets the handle. The blade is longer than the handle, but lighter. It provides better leverage to throw with. Lorenzo demonstrates mock-throwing the knife in his hand. Once over hand, once side arm, and once with a flick of the wrist.

Know your Telekinetic, so you will be throwing slightly differently. Instead of instructing on how to hold the blade and to move the wrist, I'll talk about where to apply force and in which direction. Pick up a knife. Psyke eyes one near him hesitantly, still freaked out about them landing so close to him in the first place. Lorenzo motions, the little psychic gingerly plucked the knife from the ground. The points you want to focus your Telekinesis are here, here and here. Pointing to his thumb, fore and middle finger, placed on the tip of the blade. Psyke makes a small nod, but the knife makes no visible change.

So know that your holding it right, throwing is a simple matter of spin. When you wind up, you want to make sure the handle comes over the blade's axis. If the blade does not spin, it loses most of its momentum and range. Psyke furrows his brow, tracing again. i can throw harder than you. i don't need spin. Lorenzo eyes the psychic up and down for a moment. Yes. You can throw harder than me. But brute strength won't go anywhere if you can't aim. Throwing all your power into the throw will make you wildly inaccurate. With a spin, you have more fine control of the blades flight towards the target as well as the momentum of the spin for added slashing power. Tracing in the dirt. i can guide the blade myself. Lorenzo grins. If you control the blades path, you lose the force of the throw. Throw and forget, if you have to alter the blade midcourse, you already fouled up. The quicker your done with one blade, the sooner you fire another one.

Know, you have two advantages over me. You can spin the blade before firing and you can have fine control of how much force you can put into the blade. In fact, you can exceed your limit, with that nifty telekinesis you have. So, lemme see you spin the blade. Get it going as fast as you can and send it at that tree. You should not spend more than 3/4ths of a second on the blade. Pick up, spin, throw and forget. Psyke nodded, dropping the blade first. He inhaled deeply, focusing. In a flash, the blade leapt into the air, spinning rapidly, before flying into the tree, sinking into the wood to the handle. However it was too slow. 1.8 seconds. Too long. Its ok to put less initial spin if it means the blade gets moving faster. Again. Psyke flinched, expecting some kind of retribution. After a moment of nothing, he picked up another. 1.6 seconds.

Again.
1.5 seconds
Again.
1.2 seconds
Again.
0.9 seconds
Almost there! Again. Pyske picked up the final knife, 6 already imbedded in the tree. In a blink of the eye, the blade soared, burying into the bark, handle and all. 0.6 seconds. Psyke showed a small measure of success. Very good! Now retrieve them, we will get started on the next phase.

Psyke pulled out each knife individually, lining them up in front of him. Now that you got the handle of throwing a knife quickly, now you can learn to do so in rapid succession. There is no rhyme or reason on how to do this. Simply repeat the process with each knife. Don't think. Just throw. Begin.

The first 3 knives fly. The first lands dead center, the second rebounds off the curvature of the tree. The third misses by a wide margin. The fourth hangs in the air, quivering as Psyke awaits punishment. There isn't going to be punishment for failure. Failure is to be expected. It is how we learn. Retrieve them and start again. Keep going till you can nail five knives in one tree in one go.

An hour past, knives zooming through the air at break neck speeds. Two trees were so covered in holes, Lorenzo contemplating toppling them before they fell on someone. One of the knives had broke when Pyske, in frustration, ripped it out of a tree, warping the metal and ruining it. Psyke again awaited punishment but found none. Finally, after many, many throws, five distinct kshunics! signaled he had succeeded. There! Good! Thats the basics, we can hone your skill over time. Now, if you need to, you can fight back. Keep the knives I gave you, I have plenty more. Lets go find the others and see what they are up to. Pulling the exhausted Abra onto his shoulders, he strolled through the city, heading towards the gym, where he would likely find his companions.

Tybar
2013-08-10, 10:17 AM
Aron nods to Shayla. To you too. Helios, time to try something a bit reckless, take the murkrow down!!

Helios lets out a roar and charges the murkrow.

Aron uses Strategic Targetting

Helios uses Take Down
AC 5
[roll0]
[roll1]

Recoil 1/4 after damage is rolled (assuming a hit)

KujiUn
2013-08-10, 06:30 PM
Ban thinks for a moment after Cold Tree fainted, and then recalls him. "Alright, Tree, you're up!" Cold Tree quickly takes Camel's place, moving a bit to the west before firing an icy wind at the bird!

Icy Wind AC3: [roll0] On hit, -1 SPD CS
Damage: [roll1] S-Ice

Cold Tree has a Lax Incense, increasing all evasions by 1.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-11, 02:13 AM
Ban, Aron
Helios's reckless charge smacks into Dylan, though the Ivysaur shudders a bit from the force of the blow. The Snover's follow-up attack sends a chilling gale blasting at the Honchkrow, which shivers as the winds bite into it and coat its wings with a thin film of frost. Shayla calls out, "Take out the Snover, Dylan... Assurance!" The Honchkrow nods and hurls itself at Cold Tree as it observes the results of its attack, catching it off guard with a powerful blow and slamming it to the ground. The ice-type doesn't move, save for the motions of its breathing - the powerful blow knocked it out cold. Mike nods, and says, "Looks like Dylan's cleaning up... Tango, hit the Ivysaur with a Blizzard!" The Dunsparce kicks up a powerful blizzard that swirls around Helios, but the Ivysaur weathers the storm without any ill effects.

Round Summary
Helios hit Dylan with Take Down for 27 damage. Helios takes 6 damage from Recoil.
Cold Tree hit Dylan with Icy Wind for 54 damage. Dylan receives -1 Speed Combat Stage.
Dylan critically hit Cold Tree with Assurance for 119 damage. Cold Tree is Fainted.
Tango missed Helios with Blizzard.

Lorenzo
Psyke handles the training quite well, adapting to the use of the knives quite effectively. As you put him on your shoulder, he taps your head and points to the ground, where a note reads, how can i carry them

Psyke's training has borne fruit.

Psyke learned Kinetic Blade!
Psyke learned Kinetic Barrage!

Kinetic Blade
Frequency: At-Will
Type: Normal/Special
Ranged(8), 1 Target
AC: 3, Damage Dice Roll: 1d12+6
When calculating damage, the target must use their Defense against Kinetic Blade. Kinetic Blade cannot be used unless the user is carrying Throwing Knives.

Kinetic Barrage
Frequency: EOT
Type: Normal/Special
Ranged(8), 1 Target, Scatter
AC: 5, Damage Dice Roll: 1d6+3
Kinetic Barrage can hit up to 5 times. Once the user misses, they cannot attempt to make another Kinetic Barrage attack on that turn. When calculating damage, the target must use their Defense against Kinetic Barrage. Kinetic Barrage cannot be used unless the user is carrying Throwing Knives.

Psyke currently has the following trait:

Battleshy
This Pokémon is extremely nervous about battling, to the point where it will hinder his performance in combat.

When in a friendly or sanctioned battle, this Pokémon requires +1 to hit with any Move. In an unsanctioned battle(such as a wild encounter or against a hostile trainer), this Pokémon requires +1 to hit with any Move unless the target has previously attacked this Pokémon or its trainer. If this Pokémon is attacked in any circumstances outside of a sanctioned battle, there is a 25% chance that it will ignore the next command given and attempt to flee, using Teleport if possible.

Tybar
2013-08-11, 09:06 PM
Aron winces at Cold Tree going down, and turns his attention back to Dylan. Hit Dylan with a Vine Whip Helios, we'll see if we can pick up the pace a bit!

Helios whips out his vines at the Murkrow.

Helios used Vine Whip on Dylan!

AC 2, Grass Physical
[roll0]
dmg:
[roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-11, 09:20 PM
We can get you a holster. Lorenzo smiled up at the little Abra, proud at the guy for starting to over come his fears.

KujiUn
2013-08-11, 10:53 PM
"Well, hm." Ban thinks about it before pulling out. "Alright, Pillow, you know what to do!" He takes out his Wobbuffet, who just stands there for a while.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-13, 12:32 AM
Ban, Aron
Helios quickly strikes at Dylan with a vine, the blow putting down the already battered Honchkrow. The Venusaur then draws energy from Tango, sapping some of the Dunsparce's strength. Shayla frowns and recalls her Pokémon before releasing a small blue insect onto the field, which Aron recognizes after a moment as a Karrablast. "Val," she says, "finish that Venusaur off quickly with Bug Buzz! But don't hit the Wobbuffet!" The bug-type releases a loud, buzzing noise, creating sonic waves that batters the grass-type. Mike frowns and says, "You know, you could've hit them both with that... and we've got to hit him anyway. Tango, nail the blue one with Pursuit!" Shayla calls out, "Wait, don't!" but her cry goes unheeded as the Dunsparce flings itself at Blue Pillow, slamming into the punching bag Pokémon.

Round Summary
Helios hit Dylan with Vine Whip for 15 damage. Dylan is Fainted.
Helios hit Tango with Mega Drain for 28 damage. Helios recovered 28 HP.
Val hit Helios and with Bug Buzz. Shayla used I Believe In You!. Helios took 40 damage. Helios receives -1 Special Defense Combat Stage.
Tango hit Blue Pillow with Pursuit for 42 damage.

Lorenzo
Psyke nods, floating the knives in front of you so that you can take them for the moment.

KujiUn
2013-08-13, 11:03 AM
Blue Pillow bobbles before bobbling back, bonking the Dunsparce for 84 damage with Counter!

Tybar
2013-08-13, 09:15 PM
Aron winces at the blow, but smiles at Blue Pillow's counter. Let's keep up this tempo Helios, draw in some good sun, then time for a barrage of leaves at that karrablast!

Helios uses Synthesis!
Helios regains 35 HP

Aron uses Tactical Strike on Helios!
[roll0]

On a 16+, Helios uses Razor Leaf on the Karrablast:

AC4, crits on an 18+
[roll1]
Dmg Grass, Physical
[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-14, 12:09 AM
Ban, Aron
Blue Pillow rocks back from the blow by Tango, before slamming back forward and sending the Dunsparce flying, unconscious. Meanwhile, Helios's wounds begin to heal as he draws in solar energy, but his focus on recovering prevents him from properly aiming the follow-up attack, the spray of leaves scattering harmlessly into the wall. Mike recalls his fallen Pokémon and blinks, saying, "Well... that was unpleasant." "That's precisely why I didn't try to attack it - Wobbuffet has no offensive capability. What it does have is the ability to deliver a devastating counter to anything that hits it - and to do so repeatedly. We need to focus on the Venusaur first, and then take out the Wobbuffet once we can focus on it and overwhelm it. It can't take hits like that forever, after all." Mike nods and releases a grey canine Pokémon - a Mightyena - and says, "Alright, Rush... why don't you show that overgrown plant some Swagger." The Mightyena nods, striding haughtily towards Helios. The Venusaur watches, confused by the fact that the dark type doesn't seem at all inclined to fight and yet wanting to knock some sense into the canine Pokémon. Shayla nods and says, "Val, move in and start to hit it with Fury Cutter." The Karrablast darts forward, swiping at the Ivysaur and slicing at it with a claw.

Round Summary
Blue Pillow hit Tango with Counter for 84 damage. Tango is Fainted.
Helios healed himself for 35 HP with Synthesis.
Helios missed Val with Razor Leaf.
Rush hit Helios with Swagger. Helios is Confused. Helios received +2 Attack Combat Stages.
Val hit Helios with Fury Cutter for 19 damage.

KujiUn
2013-08-15, 03:20 PM
Blue Pillow burps out a fog, disabling most effects aimed at him or his partner.

Blue Pillow uses Safeguard, placing 5m of walls surrounding him and Helios.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-18, 12:54 AM
Ban, Aron
While the Wobbuffet creates a zone of shielding fog, Aron calls out, "Helios, nail the Mightyena with a Mega Drain, then follow it up with Razor Leaf!" The Venusaur shakes its head to clear it and steps over towards the canine Pokémon, latching onto it with a vine. It draws some of the Mightyena's life force from it before hurling a barrage of leaves which slice into the dark-type just as it attempts to dodge aside. The Mightyena growls, and Mike calls out, "Alright, Rush, now's your chance! Nail it with Assurance!" The canine Pokémon nods, attempting to bite at the Venusaur before it recovers from the attack, but failing to penetrate the Pokémon's tough skin. Shayla commands, "Keep on it, Val, and hit it with another Fury Cutter!" The Karrablast chases after the grass-type and swipes at it, but misjudges the distance and hits only air.

Round Summary
Blue Pillow used Safeguard.
Helios is cured of his Confusion.
Helios hit Rush with Mega Drain for 35 damage. Helios recovered 35 HP.
Aron used Tactical Strike.
Helios hit Rush with Razor Leaf for 18 damage.
Rush missed Helios with Assurance.
Val missed Helios with Fury Cutter.

Tybar
2013-08-19, 10:00 PM
Aron nods at the solid blows, as well as the misses.

Let's keep this up, Helios, razor leaf on that Mightyena!

Helios whips a storm of leaves, razor sharp, at the canine pokemon.

Aron uses Strategic Targeting on Helios.

Helios uses Razor Leaf!
AC 4, crit on an 18-20
[roll0]
Dmg: Grass Physical
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-20, 07:48 PM
Aron, Ban
The razor-sharp leaves slice into the Mightyena, and the canine gives a pained yelp as it staggers towards Helios, collapsing after a couple steps. Mike frowns and recalls the Pokemon before saying, "Well, that's me out, then... you gonna be able to finish this one, Shayla?" Thee woman adjusts her glasses and looks over the field for a long moment. "It won't be easy, but it is possible... I'll only have one chance for it, though - and even then, it's a stretch. Val... Struggle Bug. Hit them both... I have faith in your ability here." The Karrablast nods, shaking its body to create subsonic waves that batter both Helios and Blue Pillow. The Wobbuffet's body glows as it wobbles back, before lurching forward and sending a wave of sonic force back at the Karrablast, launching it into a wall where it collapses, unconscious. Shayla sighs and says, "I expected as much... a good match, nonetheless. Once we get your trainer info registered, you'll be able to challenge Leader Niven at your leisure. Congratulations. Mark, if you'll attend to them, I'll take our Pokemon to the medics." The young man nods and hands off his Pokeballs as he heads over, registering your Pokedexes before escorting you back out to the lobby.

Round Summary
Aron used Strategic Targeting.
Helios critically hit Rush with Razor Leaf for 45 damage. Rush is Fainted.
Blue Pillow did nothing.
Val used Struggle Bug. Shayla used I Believe In You!. Shayla used Satoshi's Karma. Val hit Helios and Blue Pillow with Struggle Bug.
Helios took 24 damage.
Blue Pillow took 60 damage.

Arluin, Laughing Breeze and Helios each received 3136 XP.
Yellow Camel, Cold Tree and Blue Pillow each received 3136 XP.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-20, 08:18 PM
Lorenzo headed to an Alaren Mart, picking up a few items. A Bright Powder for Barghest, to improve his survivablity, a Waterfall TM for Little Tom, to give him a useful Water Move, Swords Dance TM for Mantle for a new trick he had picked up, a holster for Psyke, and finally a Protect HM. He was in luck, they had one i stock! Lorenzo handed over the large sum of cash, giving out the new toys to his team.

After that was done, he decided to go back to the park in search of a bit of exercise before he challenged the Gym.

[roll0] Wild roll!

Esprit15
2013-08-20, 09:44 PM
Seeing Lorenzo's thoughts shift to buying an HM, Jehoash follows, before realizing that he has almost no money... Okay, maybe something else then. The Psychic thinks, but it's hard to find something that he could reasonably do for money. After a time, he gives up. Might as well practice.

He heads to an open area and lets out Watt, Vivian and Dashell. "Alright, you guys are going to have to get up to speed with the rest of the team. Watt, your evolution was a huge bonus, don't get me wrong, but you have some catching up to do-" The Lanturn gives a glare at her trainer, a small spark getting sent his way. Jehoash doesn't flinch or even pause his sentence, "and for that reason, we're gonna train a bit. I'll have some moving targets for you all, things that will break to show that you've hit them." Several flames light up around him, and balls of water climb out of the fountain nearby, flash freezing into transparent spheres of ice. Jehoash takes a deep breath and focuses his mind on keeping all the objects properly manifested and moving. The scene begins to resemble juggling, though with fire and ice instead of pins or tennis balls. At the apex, the ice and fire gets to about 10m off the ground.

"Now, Dashell, Vivian, I want you two to only hit the balls of ice with flames. They'll melt if you hit them. Watt, hop into the fountain. I don't want you drying out here." The Lanturn lugs itself over to the water, needing help from the Quilava to get over the lip of the fountain. The fire type growls as the Lanturn splashes into the pool, steam billowing off of its fur. "Hey! Save it for the targets. Watt, you're going to aim only at the balls of fire with your Fountain ability." Jehoash keeps his mind focused on the floating objects, visualizing the scene in his mind. As soon as the Pokémon get used to the formation, he changes it: A simple shower to warm up, a cascade to begin to up the difficulty, often switching to a reverse cascade to make them have to aim quickly and accurately on targets that are changing direction. Finally, he finishes with some multiplex patterns, grouping different elements together. If the wrong element is hit, it falls down at the mon that made the mistake.

Difficulty 5 training (DC 20) EDIT: Curses! Why didn't I set it to just DC 18!?

Watt
Accuracy
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Evasion (In fountain, so Surface is used instead of overland)
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Vivian
Accuracy
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Evasion
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Dashell
Accuracy
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]

Evasion
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]

The whole team has trouble with the targets. A circle alone was doable, and there weren't many flubs there, once they learned to lead their targets. Same with the cascade. Some targets got in the way of each other, but overall, not bad. Then things started changing directions. Okay, that may have been a bit too much. At least they were better on their feet than they were at aiming. Well, except poor Vivian. The poor Litwick was pelted over and over with flames and the stray ice ball. Finally the ghost gave up and resigned herself to sitting by the edge of the fountain. Dashell and Watt did much better. Terrible shots once things started getting complicated, but fast enough to avoid most of the falling ice and fire.

KujiUn
2013-08-21, 01:01 AM
Ban couldn't help but grin and yell out a "Yay!" before turning to Aron and thrusting with both of his hands, going for a double high five. He then tries to quickly calm himself down, a bit shivering from all the excess energy. "That was really fun, Mark, Shayla! I hope we get to train our Pokemon together again soon!"

Tybar
2013-08-21, 11:26 AM
Aron smiles to both of his opponents, then awkwardly high fives Ban back. You did great Ban, thanks for covering for me at the end there especially! You two were also great. I'd love to discuss some strategy with you at some point.

He pats Helios before recalling him. Great job again Helios, we'll celebrate with some dinner.

Aron makes sure to heal up his pokemon, if Mesi sends him a message about an HM, he makes sure to toss what little money he can into the pot.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 01:32 AM
Jehoash
While the endeavor has potential, it's clear that you're trying to push a bit beyond the capabilities of your team at the moment. As you finish, you notice a few spectators have gathered as well, more curious than anything, and one of them suggests coming up with a different plan for contests since your Pokemon don't seem to be taking to this idea.

Watt and Dashell gain 375 XP each. Vivian gains 125 XP.

Everyone
After finishing at the gym and any other errands you find yourselves focused on, you all get yourselves a room for the evening. The next day dawns, somewhat overcast - though it doesn't look like it's actually going to rain.

Alright, if anything you were doing before this was assumed to be the day after the first round of gym battles, that's fine. If you were waiting for the next day... well, here you go. Gym battles are going to be first-come, first-serve(I'm only running one at a time), but I want to get them all done as real-time battles if possible to expedite things. Fortunately... I have pretty much all day tomorrow.

Esprit15
2013-08-22, 02:27 AM
Previous Day
Jehoash shrugs. "They're strong mons. Either they get better at aiming or better at dodging, and both I see as a benefit." In the back of his mind, he does think that he may have been a bit tough on Vivian. Maybe he could find something more her speed. Dashell and Watt just had aiming issues, but Vivian couldn't even avoid the attacks. Speed wasn't her strong suit at all. He recalls the Lanturn and Quilava after praising them for their hard work, then sits by the Litwick. "I'm plenty proud of you, you know. That training was way above your level, and you didn't complain, you didn't get mad. You did your best, and that's all I ever want from you." Vivian seems a bit happier by that, but not much. Yeah, pushed her way too hard today.

Morning
Jehoash wakes fairly early, heading to the gym to have that Gym Battle.
I can do around 6pm Alaska time, which is 9pm, your time, IIRC.

Tybar
2013-08-22, 08:53 AM
Aron wakes up a bit early, moving around town to see if there's a way for him to earn some money to help pay off that HM...as well as getting some more supplies in general.

Looking for either a pokemon battle, or something else to make some cash.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 03:57 PM
Lorenzo on second thought headed towards the gym, intent on challenging it.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 04:09 PM
As you enter the gym, you see an older man in a Ranger's uniform there, looking towards the door. He looks down at the styler he wears before saying, "Mister Filard... looks like you're the first one out of your group to face me today..." He smiles and motions towards a set of stairs. As you follow him, you find yourself led to the gym roof, where a long arena sits, a platform at each end for the trainers.

"Allow me to introduce myself," the man says. "Once, I was Commander Charles Niven, of the Gaira Ranger Corps. I retired fifteen years ago - getting too old for the job, they said - so I took a place in the gym here, helping to train the cadets that run through here. I was elevated to the Leader position eight years ago, and have run this gym since." He nods and turns away, heading towards one of the platforms, before stopping and looking back at you. "Fair warning - I'm not about to hold back, so if you're not willing to give 110% in this, you may as well walk away. If you're ready, though, we can begin." He heads over to the platform, with you taking the other, and the platforms ascend above the field, allowing you to see the maze of walls hiding the central part of the arena in shadow.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 04:17 PM
I'd expect no less, Sir. Lorenzo saluted the man. I guess I have to be official with you, since I'm a Ranger now. It will be my honor to battle with one of the Ranger's Elite, Sir. Lorenzo grinned, before releasing Mantle to the field.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 04:26 PM
Commander Niven nods and takes one of his Pokeballs. "Let's begin, then... Spectre, Odor Sleuth and proceed." He releases a Haunter - though one that seems to have a darker color than most. The Pokemon nods, taking a deep breath as it slips into the shadows, passing through one of the walls as it goes.

Round Summary
Spectre used Odor Sleuth.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 04:30 PM
Mantle, scuttle.. Mantle scuttled down the arena, sharpening his pincers along the floor.

Swords Dance

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 04:36 PM
Nodding to himself, Charles says, "Forcing me to come to you, then... very well. Spectre, up - bombardment will be the order of the day here." The Haunter nods, phasing through the walls as it ascends and returns to physical form, looking out over the wall.

Round Summary
Mantle used Swords Dance. Mantle gained +2 Attack Combat Stages.
Spectre takes no action.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 04:49 PM
I did not take you for a waiting man Sir. Mantle, Smack Down and take cover. Mantle shot out a large rock in a huge arc, barely avoiding scraping the cieling, before crashing down on the Haunter.

[roll0] AC 2 Physical Rock
[roll1]
Lose immunity to Ground for [roll2] Rounds

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 05:01 PM
Nodding, the Commander replies, "You use the terrain well... still, don't think it'll be sufficient. Stick by the ceiling, Spectre, and Shadow Ball. Show him what I've taught you!" The Haunter nods, rising up to the top of the arena and forming a ball of shadowy power in its hands before launching the orb down at the Crustle.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] (-1 SDef on 17-20)
Damage: [roll1] Ghost Special Damage
Crit: [roll2]

Round Summary
Mantle hit Spectre with Smack Down for 43 damage.
Commander Niven used Smarter.
Commander Niven used Better. Spectre gained +1 Special Attack Combat Stage for this round.
Commander Niven used Better. Spectre gained +1 Special Attack Combat Stage for this round.
Spectre attacked Mantle with Shadow Ball.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 05:18 PM
Mantle is slammed hard by the attack, but remained standing. Well done Mantle. You did well. Swords Dance! Lorenzo chucked a ball at Mantle as he sharpened his pincers, the ball colliding the crust-mon, emitting a spray of colorful motes into the air. Lorenzo then tosses another, releasing the not-so-Little Tom, the motes merging with the serpent, empowering him.

Mantle used Sword Dance
Lorenzo used Round Trip
Lorenzo used Tag In.
Mantle is treated as using Baton Pass

KujiUn
2013-08-22, 05:19 PM
Ban wakes up later than the rest of the party, and heads towards the gym, readying to cheer whoever was going on. "Go Lorenzo! You can do it!" he shouts from the stands.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 05:22 PM
Charles watches as the Crustle readies itself, before shaking his head as Lorenzo moves to recall the Pokemon. "Those tricks won't work here... Spectre, Pursuit." The ghost darts down, a blur of black energy slamming into the beam of red light as the Crustle is recalled.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion
Damage: [roll1] Dark Physical
Crit Damage: [roll2]

Round Summary
Mantle used Swords Dance.
Lorenzo used Round Trip. Lorenzo used Tag In.
Spectre attacked Mantle with Pursuit.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 05:29 PM
Its only a trick if its fake sir. Besides of which, Mantle was no more use in this fight. You could safely snipe him from a distance and I'd have no retaliation. Inversely, this allows me get Tom onto the field with Mantle's hard earned buffs. Tom. Lets go. Tom slithered forward ontop of the walls.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 05:34 PM
"We'll see... Close in, Spectre," he says. The Haunter moves across the arena, phasing through walls as he goes.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 05:39 PM
Little Tom, attack straight through there! Little Tom slithered along the walls, lunging at M14 and the Haunter hiding behind it, teeth knashing.

[roll0] AC 2+4 Physical Dark 15+ Flinch
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 05:53 PM
The Gyarados's teeth dig into the wall, but he is unable to move past the barrier. Niven nods, and says, "Worth a try... Spectre, hit it with a Thunderpunch. Don't hold anything back, show your strength!" The Haunter nods, slipping around the edge of the wall to slam an electrically-charged fist into the Gyarados.

Rolls
ThunderPunch
AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion(Paralyze on 19-20)
Damage: [roll1] Electric Physical Damage
Critical: [roll2]
On hit, Little Tom is pushed 7m, towards T2.

Round Summary
Little Tom attempted to Bite, but hit a wall.
Commander Niven used Stronger.
Commander Niven used Tougher.
Commander Niven used Harder. Spectre gained +1 Attack Combat Stage for this round.
Commander Niven used Harder. Spectre gained +1 Attack Combat Stage for this round.
Commander Niven used Work It.
Spectre attacked Little Tom with Thunderpunch.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 06:09 PM
Lorenzo flicked the badge pinned on his costume as Tom's skin was quickly coated in metallic sheen. The punch lands hard though and Tom goes flying. Impressive. Tom, don't let him get another attack, BITE! Little Tom used his long curling body, and its tightly packed raw power, to pull itself back up, lunging at the Haunter.

Lorenzo activated the Venomblade Badge
[roll0] AC 2 Bite
[roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2013-08-22, 06:15 PM
Haruka starts the day by checking on her eggs, and helping her absol hatch, cooing over the tiny pup, which hides behind its own egg shell as it sees Haruka. She laughs lightly and slowly gets him to come to her, at which point she picks him up and cradles him into her shoulder, petting him until he falls asleep and sets him on her bed while she tends to her berries, planting another Lum Berry, a Sitrus Berry, and a Cheri Berry.

She then searches out some berries, bringing Orchard, her new absol, with her to help get him familiar with the scents of berries and get some exercise

Healer Berry Search
[roll0] (15) ; [roll1]
[roll2] (15) ; [roll3]

Flavor Berry Search
[roll4] (15) ; [roll5]
[roll6] (15) ; [roll7]

Rare Berry Search
[roll8] (20) ; [roll9]
[roll10] (20) ; [roll11]

Non-Combat Training (Difficulty 1)
Overland
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

Tracker (Intelligence)
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
She then heads to the market, Orchard in toe, the pup would be both incredibly cute for the people, and a great advertisement for her breeding prowess, he'd certainly bring in people that loved the look of young pokemon. She sets up shop, leaving a dish of food for Orchard to keep him busy, not that he was rowdy or anything, he actually seemed rather shy compared to both his parents. Once set up, she lets him walk around where he can't get into anything but can still be seen and pet if people want to pet him. She also lets Hisei wander about with Orchard, keeping him out of trouble.

At about 9:00AM she opens shop.

Charisma Check: [roll22]
Wisdom Check: [roll23]

Basic idea behind Haruka's "Business Plan"

Cost to Make
250/Energy Drink, 175/Heal Powder, & 150/Energy Powder

5 Energy Drinks = $1,250
5 Energy Powder = $750
5 Heal Powder = $875

$2,875 Spent to Make.

Sell Price
400/Energy Drink, 300/Heal Powder, and 250/Energy Powder

5 Energy Drinks = $2,000
5 Energy Powder = $1,500
5 Heal Powder = $1,250

$4,750 Estimated in Return Value

$1,875 in Estimated Profits + Soul Food and Breeding Profits

$1,500 Charged per Breeding, $500 paid as an up front cost so even if the breeding fails Haruka earns money or if someone doesn't come back for the pokemon she gets the money as well as those left behind, which she can leave at the Ranger Station while keeping the egg.

$150 Charged for Soul Food Meals for humans, $200 for Pokemon due to the extra benefits.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 06:16 PM
The powerful bite pierces the Haunter, the ghost crying out before falling limp. Charles nods and says, "Well played... we'll see how you handle this next one. Tao, you're up. Open up with Double Team, if you would, and spread yourself out." The Absol that he releases atop the wall nods, its form shifting and wavering as the copies scatter atop the walls.

Round Summary
Little Tom hit Spectre with Bite for 55 damage. Spectre is Fainted.
Commander Niven used Faster.
Tao used Double Team.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 06:20 PM
Tom, aim for the one in the back! Tom roared, a jet of purple flame rushing past the first 3 Absols for the one in the back. I know how to keep advantage of terrain. I'm out maneuvered here, so keep the real one out of reach right?

[roll0] AC 2 Special
40 unmoddifiable.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 06:27 PM
"Perhaps... but you have to ask yourself, would someone aware of such a common tactic make that mistake? No matter... Tao, use that trinket of yours, and Slash." The Absol nods, and the small boxing glove on a chain around its neck glows pink on each of the copies as one dashes forward, hopping across the gap and slicing with its blade.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion(Crit on 12-20)
Damage: [roll1] Normal Physical Damage

Round Summary
Little Tom missed Tao with Dragon Rage.
Tao activated Lucky Punch.
Tao attacked Little Tom with Slash.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 06:36 PM
Tom falls to the blow, wholly overloaded. I do. Poor luck. Stikker, this is your Debut, don't let me down. Bulldoze! Stikker appears amongst the 3 Absol, a blast of seismic energy washing over them, combo'd with a bright flash from the pokeball.

[roll0] AC 2 Physical Ground -1 Spd on hit
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 06:40 PM
The Absol copies blink at the flash of light, before the wave of seismic force slams into them. The real Tao cries out, while the copies all vanish in a burst of smoke.

Round Summary
Lorenzo used Enter Like Lightning. Stikker hit Tao with Flash. Tao gets -1 Accuracy.
Stikker hit Tao with Bulldoze for 39 damage. Tao took 10 damage from copies dispersing.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 06:44 PM
Excellent. Lets try that new move I taught you. U-Turn! Stikker flies forward, slamming into the Absol, quickly turning around.

[roll0] AC 2 Physical Bug
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 06:54 PM
Niven watches as the Flygon's attack slams into Tao, the Absol crumpling under the blow. Recalling it, he says, "I've pushed you to bring out the big guns, it seems... very well. Archon, let's end this - Ice Fang! Show your strength, and take him down with a single blow!" He releases his last Pokemon - a dark-hued Aerodactyl - which glides over and bites at the Flygon with chilling fangs.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] v 3 + Physical Evasion(Flinch and Freeze on 20. On 18-19, [roll1] 1 = Flinch, 2 = Freeze.
Damage: [roll2] Ice Physical Damage.
Crit: [roll3]
IBIY!: [roll4]

Round Summary
Stikker hit Tao with U-Turn for 58 damage. Tao is Fainted.
Commander Niven used I Believe In You!
Archon attacked Stikker with Ice Fang.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 06:58 PM
Lorenzo returned Stikker before the blow even landed. While I appreciate you not holding back, there is such thing as overkill, Sir.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 07:04 PM
"Perhaps, but I've been burned more than once by holding back on a target. Still... you definitely offered an excellent battle. Quite close... if you'd like more training, I'd be willing to assist you," Niven says, as he escorts you back down to the lobby.

Mantle, Little Tom and Stikker each receive 1280 XP.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-08-22, 07:06 PM
It would be appreciated. Next time, I know more what to expect. Terrain was rough on my team and threw my entire strategy for a loop.

Esprit15
2013-08-22, 09:50 PM
Jehoash watches the battle, taking in what he can. Strategies, terrain issues, abnormal Pokémon... Okay, beware of swapping. Pursuit will be unpleasant for Bow... Probably won't use her.

"Sir, if I may, I'd like to challenge you as well."

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 10:04 PM
Niven nods, and says, "Alright, then - let's see if you can put on as good a show as your friend here." He then leads you back to the arena, taking his place.

Esprit15
2013-08-22, 10:09 PM
"That's the goal." Bobbery's ball flies out, releasing the Octillery onto the field.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 10:16 PM
Nodding, Niven says, "Limit, you'll be starting things off." He releases an unusual-looking Pokemon onto the field - a humanoid, appearing like a skeleton wrapped in an aura of ghostly power, standing in a boxing stance. "Move in and use Foresight," he commands.

Round Summary
Limit used Foresight.

Esprit15
2013-08-22, 10:21 PM
"Hm... Well, if you're going to take your time, we can as well. Bobbery, get next to the wall and focus on your aim." The Octillery moves over to the wall, ready for an attack from either side.
Focus Energy
All moves crit on 17-20

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 10:25 PM
Charles nods and says, "Taking time to build your strength... a wise move. Through the breach, Limit - and try to get to him before he can get ready!" The spectral Pokemon nods, dashing forward and through the walls, sections of them shimmering and rippling as the Pokemon passes, nearing the other edge of the maze.

Round Summary
Bobbery used Focus Energy.

Make 3 WIS checks to identify the specific spots where the wall is false.

Esprit15
2013-08-22, 10:34 PM
"Shame mind reading is cheating..." Jehoash looks at the wall. Some parts seemed to be a bit less real, but it was hard to focus on them.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Bobbery does nothing.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 10:40 PM
"Indeed... though it's a good resource in less regimented battles," Niven comments. "Limit, move in and Shadow Punch." The ghostly Pokemon nods and dashes through the maze, stopping right in front of the Octillery and lashing out with a jab of spectral force which slams into the water-type.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] - Cannot miss, for crit purposes only
Damage: [roll1] Ghost Physical Damage

Round Summary
Bobbery takes no action.
Limit attacks Bobbery with Shadow Punch.

Esprit15
2013-08-22, 10:53 PM
"Yikes! Bobbery, Psybeam!" The Octillery reels, but fires a beam of energy at the ghost (taking a wild guess and saying Hitmochan).
Psychic, Special
AC: [roll0] 2, Crit on 17-20, Confusion on 19-20
If Crit: +[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 10:59 PM
Before Bobbery can get the attack off, Niven barks out, "Bullet Punch, now!" and the spectral Pokemon lashes out with a rapid jab at the Octillery.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion
Damage: [roll1] Steel Physical Damage

Round Summary
Limit interrupted Bobbery's attack with Bullet Punch.
Bobbery hit Limit with Psybeam for 64 damage.

Esprit15
2013-08-22, 11:03 PM
"Bubble Beam!" This time, Bobbery fires a barrage of bubbles while his psionic abilities recover.
Water, Special
AC: [roll0] 2, Lower Speed on 18-20, Crit on 17-20

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 11:10 PM
The spectral fighter brings his arms up into a block, minimizing his profile as the bubbles fly past, some bursting off of his guard harmlessly. Niven nods and says, "Give him another Shadow Punch, Limit." The fighter steps forward, lashing out with a left hook at the Octillery, spectral power flashing from his fist to widen the range of the blow and ensure that it hits.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] - Cannot miss, for crit only

Round Summary
Bobbery missed Limit with Bubblebeam.
Limit attacked Bobbery with Shadow Punch.

Esprit15
2013-08-22, 11:17 PM
"AQUA JET!"
Water, Physical
AC: [roll0] 2
If Crit: [roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-22, 11:27 PM
The Octillery desperately shoots forward on a jet of water, slipping inside the ghostly Pokemon's guard and slamming into it. The blow is weak... but after the Psybeam, it proves to be enough as Limit trembles, leaning on Bobbery and trying to raise its arm for another punch. Sighing, Commander Niven recalls the Pokemon and says, "Well done... but you've still got a ways to go. Yuki, finish it off with Ominous Wind! Remember your training!" He releases a Froslass onto the field, which doesn't hesitate before sending a gale of cursed wind at the Octillery.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion (+1 All CS on 9-20)

Round Summary
Bobbery interrupted Limit's attack and hit with Aqua Jet for 7 damage. Limit is Fainted.
Commander Niven used Better. Yuki gained +1 Special Attack Combat Stage for this round.
Yuki attacked Bobbery with Ominous Wind.

Esprit15
2013-08-22, 11:59 PM
"Bobbery, I couldn't be prouder. Rest, boy." He swaps out the Octillery for Dashell. "Dashell, remember your training against Bow. Flame Charge." The Quilava dashes at the Froslass, blazing with fire.
Fire, Physical
AC: [roll0] 2, +Speed on hit

17 Speed

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 12:11 AM
The Quilava's charge misses the ice-type, and Niven orders, "Airborne, and Double Team - get some distance." The Froslass nods, splitting into four copies of itself that drift upward, spreading out over the field.

Round Summary
Dashell missed Yuki with Flame Charge.
Yuki used Double Team. Yuki gained +2 Evasion.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 12:16 AM
"*sigh* Okay. Dashell, Ember that one." Dashell fires a flame at Y4.
Fire, Special
AC: [roll0] 2, Burn on 18-20

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 12:20 AM
The Leader watches as the flame falls short and says, "Luck doesn't seem to be with you at the moment... Yuki, Shadow Ball." The four copies all form balls of dark power, bombarding the Quilava with ghostly projectiles.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion(-1 Special Defense Combat Stage on 17-20)

Round Summary
Dashell missed Y4 with Ember.
Yuki attacked Dashell with Shadow Ball.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 12:23 AM
"This is a bad day for us, I think. May have been a bit too tough on training yesterday... That one. Another Ember."
Y4
[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 12:31 AM
Niven nods, and replies, "Generally wise to let your Pokemon rest before coming to a battle like this... but I won't be going easy on you. Hit him with Icy Wind, Yuki!" The two nearest copies both blast a spray of chilling wind at the Quilava, offering no reprieve from the assault.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] v 3 + Special Evasion
Damage: [roll1] Ice Special Damage
Other: -1 Speed Combat Stage on Hit.

Round Summary
Dashell missed Y4 with Ember.
Yuki attacked Dashell with Icy Wind.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 12:34 AM
"One more time."
Y3
[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 12:42 AM
Dashell's bolt of flame strikes true - and the Froslass hit bursts into smoke. Niven orders, Hit him with another Shadow Ball," and the remaining Froslass copies oblige, hurling another barrage of spectral blasts at the Quilava.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion (-1 Special Attack Combat Stage on 17-20)

Round Summary
Dashell hit Y3 with Ember, dispersing the copy. Yuki took [roll3] damage from feedback.
Yuki attacked Dashell with Shadow Ball.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 12:48 AM
Okay, we can turn this around, still. He took two with one, we can do the same. "Hm... Right around now seems the time to make a really bad Watt-what pun. Watt," he lets out the Lanturn, "Thunderwave." The Lanturn lets off a blast of stunning electricity.
Let's play the Paralysis game!

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 12:54 AM
Commander Niven watches as the electricity arcs among the copies, and nods approvingly. "You're willing to keep fighting, at least - that's good. And a good tactic, there... let's see if it'll be enough. Yuki, Confuse Ray." The Froslass and her copies try to fight through the paralysis to launch their attack.

Rolls
Paralysis Check: [roll0] v 6

Round Summary
Watt hit Yuki with Thunder Wave. Yuki is Paralyzed.
Yuki attempted to hit Watt with Confuse Ray.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 12:58 AM
And now it got interesting. "Stay focused and you stay up. Water gun, there."
Y4
[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 01:07 AM
The Froslass attempts to dodge the spray of water, but is slowed by the paralysis just enough to get clipped by the blast. And as it hits, there's a burst of smoke as the other copies disperse, leaving Yuki without her cover. Niven smiles slighly and says, "And this is where things become interesting, then. Can you outlast both Yuki and my third Pokemon? Let's find out... Yuki, Shadow Ball." The Pokemon focuses, trying to work through the paralysis to attack.

Rolls
Paralysis - [roll0] v 7
Shadow Ball - AC: [roll1] v 2 + Special Evasion (-1 Special Defense Combat Stage on 17-20)
Damage: [roll2] Ghost Special Damage

Round Summary
Watt hit Y4 with Water Gun for 21 damage. Yuki's two remaining clones were dispersed, and Yuki takes [roll4] feedback damage.
Yuki attempts to attack Watt with Shadow Ball.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 01:13 AM
"Not gonna bet on it. But with Watt feeling a lot better, there is the distinct possibility. Hit her with Spark, girl!" The Lanturn flops, bouncing high into the air, electricity crackling off of the fish.
Electric, Physical
AC: [roll0] 2,

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 01:24 AM
The Lanturn leaps upward, electricity crackling around its form, but the Froslass twists in the air, but again the attack just catches her side. Niven nods, and says, "Try again with Shadow Ball, Yuki."

Rolls
Paralyze - [roll0] v 8
Shadow Ball - AC: [roll1] v 2 + Special Evasion (-1 Special Defense Combat Stage on 17-20)

Round Summary
Watt hit Yuki with Spark for 17 damage.
Yuki attempted to attack Watt with Shadow Ball.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 01:28 AM
"Keep it up! Water Gun!" The Lanturn sprays a stream of water at the ghost.
Special, Water

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 01:33 AM
Commander Niven watches as the Froslass takes another blow from the Lanturn, and barks out, "You can overcome this, Yuki. Take it out! Shadow Ball!"

Rolls
Paralyze - [roll0] v 9

Round Summary
Watt hit Yuki with Water Gun for 20 damage.
Yuki attempted to hit Watt with Shadow Ball.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 01:37 AM
"Okay, this is shaping up to be an interesting end. Watt, Spark!" The Lanturn hops up again.
Physical, Electric

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 01:43 AM
The blow is enough to bring down the Froslass, and Niven nods. "Your use of paralysis proved more effective than I would've liked... aside from that break with the Confuse Ray, she just couldn't push past it. Still... that just means that Luna will have to be the one to bring you down." He releases his final Pokemon, which you immediately recognize as an Umbreon - except that the normal glowing rings seem to shine instead with an ethereal purple glow, and its form seems slightly faded. "Let's see if your luck holds out."

Round Summary
Watt hit Yuki with Spark for 28 damage. Yuki is Fainted.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 01:51 AM
"Indeed. That was a lucky break on my part. But now it's a pretty even match. Both of our Pokémon are defensive. Though, I think you have the upper hand. Gym leader, likely more well equipped. I mean, the mon was good enough to be worth syncing." Hm, Umbreon can bounce back status conditions sometimes. I better hold off on Confuse Ray for a bit. "Let's see what a Water Gun does to it." The Lanturn sprays a stream of water at the ghost.
Special, Water

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 02:06 AM
The spray of water strikes the Umbreon, but the Pokemon barely seems to notice. It munches on... something out of a pouch it wears, and the Commander says, "You'll find that Luna's hard to break, lad. Now... Luna, open up with Toxic." The Umbreon nods and spits out a glob of a toxic substance at Watt.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] v 4 + Speed Evasion
On hit, Watt is Badly Poisoned

Round Summary
Watt hit Luna with Water Gun for 11 damage.
Luna recovered 5 HP from Leftovers.
Luna attacked Watt with Toxic.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 02:09 AM
"Yeah, was afraid of that... Okay, Spark." The Lanturn flings itself forward.
Why did I not just read the- wait, it got a 17 anyways.
Physical, Electric
AC: [roll0] 2, Paralyze on 15-20

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 02:13 AM
Niven nods, and says, "Make some distance, and hit it with Confuse Ray." The Umbreon nods, dashing back to the arena boundary and turning to fire a blast of ghostly power at Watt, dazing him.

Round Summary
Watt hit Luna with Spark for 13 damage.
Watt took 5 damage from Poison.
Luna hit Watt with Confuse Ray.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 02:18 AM
"Stay focused, girl. You can still beat them. Your own Confuse Ray." The Lanturn flashes a dizzying display of lights, confusing the Umbreon.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 02:22 AM
Niven says, "That's a surprisingly disciplined Lanturn. Still, it's only a matter of time - but let's see about shortening that time. Luna, hit it with a Shadow Ball!" The Umbreon closes its eyes for a moment, trying to focus on the attack.

Rolls
Confusion - [roll0]

Round Summary
Watt hit Luna with Confuse Ray.
Watt took 10 damage from Poison.
Luna attempted to attack Watt with Shadow Ball.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 02:27 AM
"Thanks. She was part of why we won the match that got us here. Spark!"
Physical, Electroc
AC: [roll0] 2, Paralyze on 15-20

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 02:31 AM
Watt slams into the Umbreon, electricity arcing over the dark-type - and from the dark-type back into Watt, as well. Niven calls out, "Give it a Bite, Luna." The Umbreon attempts to fight through the stiffness to snap at Watt.

Rolls
Paralyze - [roll0] v 6
Bite - AC: [roll1] v 2 + Physical Evasion (Flinch on 15-20)
Damage: [roll2] Dark Physical Damage

Round Summary
Watt hit Luna with Spark for 9 damage. Luna is Paralyzed.
Luna activate Synchronize. Watt is Paralyzed.
Watt took 20 damage from Poison.
Luna attempted to attack Watt with Bite.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 02:37 AM
The poison in the Lanturn's system takes its toll on the fish. "You know, normally I'd be mad, but after how well she did, I'm happy with what we got." Jehoash recalls the large fish. "You were great, Watt. You held your own out there and really came through in the end," he says, looking at the ball.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-23, 02:42 AM
Niven nods, and leads you back down. "You did well... you may be interested to note that it's rather unusual for me to lose to a new challenger. The terrain and my own specialties tend to catch people off guard. Learn from the experience, lad, and then come back when you're ready to give it another try."

Watt, Dashell and Bobbery each receive 1280 XP.

Esprit15
2013-08-23, 02:54 AM
"I did get to watch some of Lorenzo's fight, so it helped. I'm not the strongest of mon trainers. Much more of an Esper battle kind of guy."

Jacior
2013-08-23, 04:16 PM
The previous evening

Cooper just kind of walks around the city. "I should pick up a hobby. Those kids are all busy with their own things." It had been a time since Cooper actually had anything to do but travel from place to place, so settling in for a time left him feeling uncertain and a little left out. There'd be the gym battle tomorrow, but that'd only take a small portion of the day. Maybe it was time to finally get down to some serious training.

The next morning

Cooper stretches, yawns and scratches himself as he wakes up. "I think I much prefer camping. Something about the bed isn't doing it for me." He talks to his team as they lay sprawled variously around the room, slowly waking up themselves. "After the gym today, win or lose, we're doing some serious training guys. We've got to make sure we can protect these guys. Even if they don't really need it."

He sleepily brushes his teeth and combs his hair, noting that he'll need to dye the blue and green streaks back into his hair soon. "Color's fading already." And then follows the other to the gym. He waits out in the lobby while the first two have their fights before stepping up for his turn.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-24, 01:10 AM
Commander Niven nods, seeing Cooper waiting there, and says, "Alright then... you next, Mr. Fareach?" At Cooper's confirming nod, he says, "Come with me, then," and leads you back up to the rooftop arena, where you each take your positions on the platforms.

Jacior
2013-08-24, 02:09 AM
"I hope I don't disappoint." Cooper hadn't watched the previous matches, he wanted to face the fight fresh and head on. Maybe not the wisest of strategies, but one non-the-less. "This'll be Gregor's first fight. So I hope his debut is momentous! I used my calendar word of the day already!" He lets the Slugma loose onto the field, where it keeps much the same flat expression it'd had in the forest.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-24, 02:15 AM
Commander Niven nods, and releases his Absol onto the field. "We'll see... Tao, Double Team and into the maze." Tao gives a nod, darting forth and splitting off into multiple copies as he does.

Round Summary
Tao used Double Team.

Jacior
2013-08-24, 02:26 AM
"Hrm... I wasn't expecting all these walls when I came in to the gym you know. But it seems to be a theme around here. Gregor! Forward march! And protect yourself!" He point dramatically as the slugma slowly crawls along the floor.

Gregor used Harden

BluesEclipse
2013-08-24, 02:30 AM
The Commander nods, and says, "Shoring up your defenses... not a bad move. Odor Sleuth, Tao, and keep moving forward." The Absol copies nod in unison, taking a deep breath before advancing through the maze - and passing directly through a couple of the walls.

Round Summary
Gregor used Harden. Gregor received +1 Defense Combat Stage.
Tao used Odor Sleuth.

Jacior
2013-08-24, 02:36 AM
"Well, not exactly the fastest pokemon here. Harden again!" Cooper looks a little concerned. This whole gym was fast.

Gregor used Harden

Wis: [roll0]
Wis: [roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-24, 02:45 AM
Niven says, "Alright, then... let's see how your defenses hold. Activate your charm, and Shadow Claw." The glove on a chain worn by the Absol copies begins glowing pink as the four dart through the maze, emerging to surroung Gregor and one passing through it, slicing with a blade of spectral force.

Rolls
AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion (Crit on 12-20)

Round Summary
Gregor used Harden. Gregor gained +1 Defense Combat Stage.
Tao attacked Gregor with Shadow Claw.

Jacior
2013-08-24, 02:52 AM
"I should have known this'd end badly. Gregor, use Yawn!" He says, watching with a kind of helpless stare.

Gregor used Yawn, cannot miss

BluesEclipse
2013-08-25, 02:24 PM
Gregor yawns loudly, and the copies of the Absol all echo the yawn, visibly becoming drowzy. Niven calls out, "Take him out with a Bite, Tao!" and the copies all bite at the Slugma tiredly, before sleep takes them.

Rolls
Bite - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion(Crit and Flinch on 15-20)
Damage: [roll1] Dark Physical Damage

Round Summary
Gregor hit Tao with Yawn.
Tao attacked Gregor with Bite.
Tao fell asleep due to Yawn.

Jacior
2013-08-25, 04:04 PM
"I have no idea how Gregor isn't knocked out right now. But I'm not going to question it." He claps amazedly for the little pokemon. "Now back up and use flame burst! Aim for the wall!"

Flame Burst centered on C6
Attack: [roll0] 2 + SpecDef, Fire
Damage: All hit take 1/16 max health in damage

BluesEclipse
2013-08-25, 05:21 PM
The ball of flame strikes against the wall and explodes out, washing over all of the Absol copies and stopping just before Gregor. The three fakes burst into smoke, leaving the slumbering and slightly singed Tao. Commander Niven calls out, "Alright, then... Tao, wake up and hit it with Bite!"

Rolls
Sleep Check: [roll0] v 16
Bite - AC: [roll1] v 2 + Physical Evasion(Flinch and Crit on 15-20)
Damage: [roll2] Dark Physical Damage

Round Summary
Gregor hit T1, T2, T3 and T4 with Flame Burst for 4 damage, and dispersed the copies. Tao takes [roll4] damage from Feedback.
Tao attempts to hit Gregor with Bite.

Jacior
2013-08-25, 06:12 PM
Cooper frowns. "Your pokemon don't need to listen THAT well you know." He recalls the tiny pokemon and hmmms to himself. "I guess Cap will have to show your absol the strength of my team." He releases the aron onto the field with a green. "Teeth are great and all. But I doubt your pokemon is strong enough to break steel with any sort of ease."

Release Cap onto the field. Speed 6

Use Intimidate on Tao

"Cap, aerial ace! Hit it where it hurts!"

Use Aerial Ace.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-25, 06:39 PM
The gym leader merely smiles and replies, "You'd be surprised what you can do with precisely applied force. Show him, Tao - hit him with Shadow Claw!" The dark Pokemon nods, dashing past Cap and slicing into him, horn-blade shining with ghostly power.

Rolls
Shadow Claw - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion(Crit on 12-20)

Round Summary
Cap hit Tao with Aerial Ace for 28 damage.
Tao attacked Cap with Shadow Claw.

Jacior
2013-08-25, 07:06 PM
Cooper grins at the little effect the blow seems to have on Cap. "Applying force is good and all, but if the opposing force is too great, it doesn't matter how precise it is." He nods to Cap. "Now show him the application of reckless force, Iron Head!"

Iron Head: [roll0] 2 + Def, Steel, Flinches on 15-20

BluesEclipse
2013-08-25, 07:34 PM
Niven winces along with Tao as the blow hits, the Absol left reeling.

Round Summary
Cap hit Tao with Iron Head for 52 damage. Tao is Flinched.

Jacior
2013-08-25, 07:42 PM
"And now strike again! Aerial Ace!"

Aerial Ace: [roll0] Can't miss, Def, Physical Flying

BluesEclipse
2013-08-25, 07:54 PM
The blow strikes true, and the already dazed Absol falls. Niven recalls the Pokemon and says, "Not bad. But steel can be broken... Limit, give him a demonstration. Hit him hard and fast with Mach Punch!"

Rolls
Mach Punch - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion
Damage: [roll1] Fighting Physical Damage
IBIY: [roll2]

Round Summary
Cap hit Tao with Aerial Ace for 33 damage.
Commander Niven used Harder. Limit gained +1 Attack Combat Stage.
Commander Niven used I Believe In You!
Limit attacked Cap with Mach Punch.

Jacior
2013-08-25, 08:59 PM
"Overkill much?" Cooper grumbles and recalls his pokemon. "Could really hurt someone doing that." He lets loose Aldin on the field. "Smash it with Zen Headbutt!"

Zen Headbutt: [roll0] 4 + Def, Physical, Psychic, Flinch on 15-20

BluesEclipse
2013-08-25, 09:13 PM
The Metang arrives on the field in a flash of light, and doesn't waste any time in smashing into the Hitmonchan with a powerful headbutt. The ghostly fighter is thrown to the ground by the force of the blow, and lies motionless. Niven recalls it and says, "Two, then... not bad - but we're not through yet, and this'll be a quick end. Spectre, nail him with a Thunderpunch!" The Haunter, black as night, appears behind Aldin and slams an electrically-charged fist into the Metang.

Rolls
Thunderpunch - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion (Paralyze on 19-20)
Damage: [roll1] Electric Special Damage
IBIY: [roll2]

Round Summary
Aldin hit Limit with Zen Headbutt for 82 damage. Limit is Fainted.
Commander Niven used Harder. Spectre gains +1 Attack Combat Stage for this round.
Commander Niven used I Believe In You.
Spectre attempts to hit Aldin with Thunderpunch.

Jacior
2013-08-25, 09:27 PM
The metang doesn't even flinch. "I'm sorry, you picked the wrong move here. Aldin, use Shadow Ball!"

Shadow Ball: [roll0] 2 + SpecDef, Special, Ghost, -1 SpecDef on 17-20
Damage: [roll1] +3 Damage

BluesEclipse
2013-08-25, 09:40 PM
Commander Niven scowls as the electricity from the powerful punch is drawn into the Metang, and moreso when the ball of shadowy power slams into the Haunter. The Pokemon remains conscious, though, and Niven calls out, "Damn... to make a rookie mistake like that... Spectre, fall back and hypnotize it!" The Haunter drifts back, fixing the Metang with a hypnotic gaze as it moves.

Rolls
Hypnosis - AC: [roll0] v 6 + Speed Evasion, Target is Asleep on hit.

Round Summary
Aldin gained +1 Special Attack Combat Stage from Lightningrod.
Aldin hit Spectre with Shadow Ball for 46 damage. Spectre received -1 Special Defense Combat Stage.
Spectre attempts to hit Aldin with Hypnosis.

Jacior
2013-08-25, 09:49 PM
"Oh no." Cooper's face falls as the metang falls asleep. "ALDIN, IF YOU'RE EVER GONNA REALLY LISTEN TO ME, DO IT RIGHT NOW AND WAKE UP." He shakes his head. "Come on. Wake up and hit it with metal claw!"

Sleep Check: [roll0] DC 16

Metal Claw: [roll1] 3 + Def, Physical, Steel, +1 Attack on 18-20
Damage: [roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-25, 09:54 PM
Niven smirks and says, "Alright, Spectre... hit it with a Shadow Ball, and take it out!" The Haunter forms a sphere of spectral power and hurls it at the Metang in response to the command.

Rolls
Shadow Ball - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion (-1 Special Defense Combat Stage on 17-20)
Ctir: [roll2]

Round Summary
Aldin is Asleep.
Spectre attacks Aldin with Shadow Ball.

Jacior
2013-08-25, 10:09 PM
"Come on, come on! Wake up and use Shadow Ball! Come on! We were so close!"

Sleep Roll: [roll0] DC 14

Shadow Ball: [roll1] 2 + SpecDef, Special, Ghost, -1 SpecDef on 17-20

BluesEclipse
2013-08-25, 10:13 PM
Niven nods, and says, "Alright, Spectre - put an end to this. Shadow Punch!" The ghost nods and swings, a fist of shadow crossing the distance and slamming into the steel-type.

Rolls
Shadow Punch - AC: [roll0] - Cannot miss, for crit only

Round Summary
Aldin is Asleep.
Spectre attacks Aldin with Shadow Punch.

Jacior
2013-08-25, 10:17 PM
"PLEASE WAKE UP! WE'LL GO GET ICE CREAM AFTER THIS. JUST USE SHADOW BALL!"

Sleep Roll: [roll0] DC 12

Shadow Ball: [roll1] 2 + SpecDef, Special, Ghost, -1 SpecDef on 17-20

BluesEclipse
2013-08-25, 10:46 PM
Aldin's eyes snap open at his trainer's call, and it quickly forms a ball of spectral force in its claws, hurling it at Spectre. Caught off guard, the Haunter takes the attack head-on, giving a cry of pain before collapsing, unconscious. Niven gives a nod and says, "Impressive turnaround. You did well..." He recalls the Haunter and descends the platform, meeting you near the stairs leading down.

"As Leader of this Gym, I hereby grant you the Nocturne Badge. Wear it proudly, Cooper Fareach - and remember, it's a tool as much as it is a symbol of status. That badge can temporarily imbue a Pokemon or attack with the Ghost or Dark typing, to serve either as a boost to offense or defense." The Commander holds the badge out to you, a deep purple hexagon with a black circle within it, a thin sliver of sliver creating the impression of an almost new moon. "We can discuss your other prizes as well - there's the standard League award for beating a Leader, but it's also traditional to give out another prize of the winner's choice." He leads you down to the gym's infirmary, where the medics take both of your Pokemon for healing and he begins to explain the options for your prize.

Round Summary
Aldin hit Spectre with Shadow Ball for 52 damage. Spectre is Fainted.

Cooper got the Nocturne Badge!

Nocturne Badge - Daily - Once daily, as a free action, the bearer of this badge may use any one of the following Features as if he possessed them himself: Dark Move Shifting, Ghost Move Shifting, Dark Elemental Shifting, Ghost Elemental Shifting. The Elemental Shifting Features used by this badge last only for the turn on which they're used - but can be used as a response to an attack. Once any Feature is used with this Badge, it cannot be used again until the following day.

Gregor receives 2816 XP.
Cap and Aldin each receive 3520 XP.

Cooper receives 10000 Meseta.

Other Prizes Include(Select One, or if you have other suggestions, we can discuss them):
TM 30 - Shadow Ball
TM GL1 - Pursuit
A use of Dark or Ghost Move Sync on any Move known by one of your Pokemon
A use of Dark or Ghost Elemental Sync on any one of your Pokemon
A Level 20 Dark or Ghost type Weapon of your choice, or two each for Thrown Weapons(they must be recovered after each use)
A Dark or Ghost type Pokemon of your choice(within Reason) at level 25
A Reaper Cloth, Dusk Stone, or Ghost or Dark Type Booster

Jacior
2013-08-25, 11:34 PM
Cooper cheers when Aldin wakes up. "Woo boy! I hope I can find a place that'll give me some ice cream on the cheap. Because we don't have that much money you steel-headed beast you." He doesn't recall the metang, descending instead to hug the admittedly pummeled looking pokemon. "You and me buddy. Best team ever. Cap and Gregor aren't gonna believe it."

He takes the badge and holds it delicately. "It's very pretty. I like to be out on nights like this." He nods at the talk of more rewards. "I thought you just a badge to show off. This is kind of my first time in a gym fight." He rubs the top of the Aldin's body. "You go get fixed up big guy."

After hearing about the other prizes Cooper is blown away. "Type syncing? That's so expensive though. Could you sync Cap to dark?" He's a little shocked. He hasn't had so much money at once in quite a long time. "Thank you for the fight. If all gym leaders are half as good as you are, I've got something to look forward to." He holds his hand out for Niven to shake.

Tybar
2013-08-26, 08:48 AM
Aron, not finding much in the way of odd jobs, heads to the gym to challenge the gym leader.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-28, 02:18 AM
Commander Niven nods, and motions towards one of the medics returning. "They'll take care of the process for you. In the meantime," he says as he accepts his Pokeballs back from the medic, "I believe another of your friends wants to challenge me." With that, he takes his leave, meeting Aron out at the gym lobby.

"Aron Sildere... I've heard you're the closest to an expert on Shadow Pokemon that we have access to. I look forward to seeing what you're capable of..." the Commander says, before leading Aron up to the arena and taking his position.

I need 3 1d2 rolls, Tybar - and choose your starter, post its speed.

Esprit15
2013-08-28, 02:20 AM
Trying to put the loss out of his mind, Jehoash looks around for any work that he could do. He was way too low on money, and it seemed wrong to not help Lorenzo pay for that HM.

Tybar
2013-08-28, 06:51 AM
Aron blushes at that. Well, thank you, and I am looking forward to this battle. I have been trying to improve myself with a group, but I haven't done much single battling lately.

Aron releases Laughing Breeze, who stands in a relaxed stance.

Laughing Breeze is the starter, 21 speed.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-29, 01:39 AM
Niven nods, and thinks for a moment before selecting a Pokeball. "Alright, then... Archon, let's begin." He releases his Aerodactyl onto the field, where it watches the opening in the walls.

WIS check, por favor. And you're faster.

williewiseman
2013-08-29, 01:55 AM
hi! :smallamused:

Tybar
2013-08-29, 10:58 AM
Aron nods to Laughing Breeze, who sprints forward, his eyes glinting with wisdom.

Laughing Breeze, keep up your guard, this one is focused on physical attacks!

Laughing Breeze uses Foresight!
He'll be able to see through the walls, so I'll need to see what that looks like before I can post the rest.
Wis Check:
[roll0]

Aron uses Morale Rally on Laughing Breeze! Laughing Breeze gains 10 Def!

BluesEclipse
2013-08-29, 10:50 PM
Jehoash
You begin browsing local classifieds, looking for available jobs, and soon find a request from a local botanist and gardener. The job is to help clear out some Pokemon that have nested in her garden - she's paying 3000 Meseta for the work, and an additional 1000 if it can be done today.

Haruka
You spend the first several hours of the day making and selling your wares - nobody takes you up on the breeding offers, either citing a lack of funds or an unwillingness to leave their Pokemon with someone with no local presence. Still, you make a good trade in your meals and medicines, before packing it up at 3 PM and heading back towards the gym.

Upon entering in, you recognize the same Ranger that greeted you the previous day, speaking with a middle-aged blonde man near one of the doors leading towards the challenge arenas. The man looks up at you and says, "Oh, welcome back. Here for more training, or interested in trying a challenge today?"

You made: 30 Energy Drinks, 30 Heal Powders, 30 Energy Powders.
You sold: 28 Energy Drinks, 25 Heal Powders, 27 Energy Powders.
You sold 4 Soul Food meals for humans, and 6 for Pokemon.
You made no Breeding deals.

Aron
Commander Niven nods and says, "You know your Pokemon, it seems... still, it won't be as much help as you might think. Archon, set up some defenses with Stealth Rock." The Aerodactyl nods, and raises its wings, sharp-edged stones floating out from under them and into the shadows of the maze.

Round Summary
Aron used Morale Rally. Laughing Breeze gained +10 Defense.
Laughing Breeze used Foresight.
Archon used Stealth Rock.

Tybar
2013-08-29, 11:21 PM
Aron frowns at the rocks going in, getting more of a picture from Laughing Breeze's mental projections.

New plan, go do it Laughing Breeze, and keep up that guard!

Laughing Breeze skids right, sprinting to the lower wall to hop over it.

Laughing Breeze moves to the wall and scales it, climbing up the wall and staying there, ready to strike sometime soon.

Aron uses Morale Boost on Laughing Breeze! Laughing Breeze's Defense gained a combat stage!

BluesEclipse
2013-08-29, 11:31 PM
Aron
As Laughing Breeze darts through, one of the stones shudders, before weaving past - and through - the false walls there and slamming into the Lucario as it passes. Commander Niven nods to himself and says, Archon, limber yourself up - your Agility will be useful here. And Foresight, as well, would be useful." The Aerodactyl nods, stretching its wings and rising into the air, flipping itself in place before settling into a hover just above ground level, its eyes flashing as it focuses its gaze.

Round Summary
Aron used Morale Boost. Laughing Breeze received +1 Defense Combat Stage.
Laughing Breeze was hit by a Stealth Rock. Lose 1/8 Max HP, adjusted for typing.
Archon used Agility. Archon gained +2 Speed Combat Stages.
Archon used Foresight.

EdroGrimshell
2013-08-29, 11:32 PM
"I'll be challenging this time," Haruka replies, "A few of my pokemon need actual battle experience since they haven't fought all that often yet. Plus Orchard here needs to see what he'll be capable of in the future," Haruka says, kneeling down to pet the absol pup.

Tybar
2013-08-30, 12:10 AM
Laughing Breeze shakes off the rock, looking hardly affected. Okay Laughing Breeze, let's get in a good solid hit here!

Laughing Breeze sprints off the wall, charging through the maze while building up an Aura Sphere, launching it at the Aerodactyl as he turns the final corner, the ball homing unerringly at its target.

Aron uses Game Plan on Laughing Breeze, shifting him 10 meters.
Laughing Breeze moves forward and uses Aura Sphere
Can't miss, for Crit only:
[roll0]
Dmg Fighting Special
[roll1]

Invalid Move

Laughing Breeze shakes off the rock, looking hardly affected. Okay Laughing Breeze, let's get in a good solid hit here!

Laughing Breeze sprints off the wall, charging through the maze and finally sprinting at the Aerodactyl, swinging one powerful fist at the ancient pokemon.

Aron uses Game Plan on Laughing Breeze, shifting him 10 meters.
Laughing Breeze moves forward and uses Force Palm!
AC 2 + Speed or Def, on 18+, Paralyze the target
[roll0]
Dmg Fighting Physical
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-30, 12:27 AM
Haruka
The younger Ranger nods, while the older man says, "I'll go ahead and take you on, then... name's Jovan Black. If you'll come with me..." He nods at the other man before leading you into the back, to a shadowed room. The arena there is constructed to resemble the outdoors, to the point of having grass covering the battlefield. Several wide pillars of various heights are set in the ground.

Jovan makes his way over to the far end and says, "Gemetus and I are ready whenever you are," before releasing a Sableye onto the field.

If you're Speed 11 or above, you're first. We're in Solo Arena 2.

Aron
The Aerodactyl nimbly pulls itself back, narrowly avoiding the blow - or so it thinks. Laughing Breeze's eyes flash briefly as it reads the ancient Pokemon's motions and follows it, the glowing palm smacking into the creature's hide. A flash around Archon and a faint cracking noise follow the hit as the Aerodactyl reels from the blow - but remains standing - and Commander Niven calls out, "Nice try. Now, show your strength! Nail him with Ancientpower, Archon!" The Aerodactyl roars, rearing its head back as it draws in power from the earth around it. With a cry, Archon then sends a blast of rocky grey energy into the maze, slamming through Laughing Breeze.

Rolls
Ancientpower - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion(+1 All Combat Stages on 11-20)
Damage: [roll1] Rock Special Damage

Round Summary
Aron used Game Plan.
Laughing Breeze hit Archon with Force Palm for 34 damage. Archon's Protector was activated by the blow, and needs to recharge.
Commander Niven used Better. Archon gains +1 Special Attack Combat Stage for this round.
Archon attacks Laughing Breeze with Ancientpower.

Tybar
2013-08-30, 12:54 AM
Aron shakes his head as the Aerodactyl is shown to be pristine, but grins as Laughing Breeze takes the blow and shrugs it mostly off. Good job, now, let's show the Commander what we've learned, copy that move!

The Lucario's eyes flash as he launches a near-identical attack to the Aerodactyl's.

LB uses Copycat! LB uses Ancient Power!
Aron uses Strategic Targeting!
AC 2
[roll0]
Dmg: Rock Special
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-30, 01:12 AM
Aron
Commander Niven watches as the Lucario copies his own Pokemon's attack. "Keep fighting, Archon - give him a Bite!" The Aerodactyl responds by snapping its powerful jaws at the fighting-type angrily.

Rolls
Bite - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion(Flinch on 15-20)

Round Summary
Laughing Breeze used Copycat. Laughing Breeze hit Archon with Ancientpower for 21 damage. Laughing Breeze gained +1 to all Combat Stages.
Archon attacks Laughing Breeze with Bite.

Tybar
2013-08-30, 01:26 AM
Aron smiles at the Lucario dances back from the bite. Laughing Breeze, try your strike again, I think I see an opening!

Laughing Breeze Strikes at Archon with Force Palm!

Aron uses Strategic Targeting!
AC 2, on 18+, Paralyzes the target
[roll]1d20+2[roll]
Dmg Fighting Physical
[roll]2d10+38[roll]

BluesEclipse
2013-08-30, 01:47 AM
Aron
The Lucario lashes out at Archon with another glowing palm, and without the shield that it previously had the Aerodactyl crumples under the blow. Commander Niven says, "Very well, then... Spectre, you're next." He recalls the fallen Pokemon and releases a Haunter, its form the same dark hue as the Aerodactyl's skin. "Go airborne, Spectre, and hit him with Shadow Ball!" The Haunter nods, rising into the air and launching a sphere of shadows down at Laughing Breeze.

Rolls
Shadow Ball - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion(-1 Special Defense Combat Stage on 17-20)

Round Summary
Laughing Breeze hit Archon with Force Palm for 108 damage. Archon is Fainted.
Spectre attacked Laughing Breeze with Shadow Ball.

Tybar
2013-08-30, 02:36 AM
Aron winces at the blow. Hold fast and get ready for one big strike!

Laughing Breeze takes no move. Aron uses Morale Boost on his Atk.

BluesEclipse
2013-08-30, 02:43 AM
Aron
Niven nods and says, "Not equipped to handle range, eh? A shame... Spectre, throw down a Confuse Ray!" The Haunter nods, sending a beam of disorienting spectral power down that engulfs Laughing Breeze. Looking at the Haunter, Aron realizes the common thread with both it and the Aerodactyl - both of them have been altered to Dark-types. You can't tell which type the Haunter lost, though - not for certain, anyway.

Round Summary
Aron used Morale Boost. Laughing Breeze gained +1 Attack Combat Stage.
Spectre hit Laughing Breeze with Confuse Ray. Laughing Breeze is Confused.

Tybar
2013-08-30, 12:16 PM
Laughing Breeze, snap out of it, get on the high ground, and strike that shifted Haunter!

Laughing Breeze focuses enough to climb the wall next to him, then leap up, striking at the Haunter with his fist.

Silly not a 16 for confusion...
LB used Force Palm!
AC 2, paralyzed on an 18+
[roll0]
[roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2013-08-30, 12:37 PM
Haruka sends out Willow, "Let's do this, get close to the tree and wait for an opening."

HP: 61/61
Def 6
SpDef 7
Spd 11

Technician, Carrying a Razor Claw

All of Willow's current attacks crit on 18-20 and deal +2d10 damage

Esprit15
2013-08-31, 02:35 AM
Hm... He could do that. Might even find something he or the others would like. He lets out Vivian, and the candle follows her trainer to the location.

BluesEclipse
2013-09-01, 12:59 AM
Jehoash
You find the address without too much difficulty - a house at the edge of town with a large, fenced in garden with several berry plants of assorted types and a few apricorn trees near the back. A few moments pass between when you ring the doorbell and when an elderly woman comes to the door, a feminine-looking Pokemon with a white and black body and purple face poking its gaze out from behind her nervously. The woman says, "Oh, hello there young man. Are you here about the request I made for help in the garden?"

Haruka
Jovan nods and says, "Alright, Gemetus... move forward and use Foresight." The Sableye nods, eyes glinting with images of countless possible futures as it draws closer.

Round Summary
Willow took no action.
Gemetus used Foresight.

Aron
Laughing Breeze deftly leaps up, catching the edge of the wall and flipping himself into a crouch atop it before springing up and striking at Spectre with a glowing palm. The Haunter cries out in surprise as it slams into his body, and Niven calls out, "That Lucario is skilled... still, I think that's enough of that. Finish it with another Shadow Ball, Spectre!" The Haunter responds by launching another sphere of spectral force at the Lucario.

Rolls
Shadow Ball - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion (-1 Special Defense Combat Stage on 17-20)

Round Summary
Aron used Efficiency Boost.
Laughing Breeze hit Spectre with Force Palm for 47 damage.
Spectre attacked Laughing Breeze with Shadow Ball.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-01, 01:09 AM
"Alright Willow, make the first hit! Lick!" Haruka calls out.

Lick
AC: [roll0] Para on 15-20, Crit on 18-20
Tech: [roll3]

Esprit15
2013-09-01, 01:10 AM
Jehoash gives an odd look at the shy Psychic type. "Yep. Mons bothering your garden, yes? What kind?"

Tybar
2013-09-02, 10:47 AM
As the dark ball hits Laughing Breeze, he staggers for a moment, then stands upright with a wince.

Aron nods, then looks at Niven. This is one thing I made sure to learn from those cultists using Shadow Pokemon, Laughing Breeze, you've done enough, return! Arluin, you're up!

Laughing Breeze used Endure.

Aron returned Laughing Breeze and sent out Arluin.

Arluin is speed 6.

BluesEclipse
2013-09-03, 01:57 AM
Jehoash
"Yes, the Pokemon in the garden. There's two problems, really," she begins. "The more pressing issue is a pair of Stunky that have decided to make a den in the garden there - Leila here can't really do much against them. There's also a Carnivine that's strung itself about the Apricorn trees in the back, if you could handle that as well, but the Stunky are the main issue."

Haruka
Willow lashes out with her tongue, but the Sableye merely sidesteps the attack. "Hit it with Fury Swipes, Gemetus!" The Sableye spins and begins swiping with its claws, but Willow dances just out of reach of the blows.

Round Summary
Willow missed Gemetus with Lick.
Gemetus missed Willow with Fury Swipes.

Aron
Niven nods and says, "A wise choice... still, you made a mistake bringing that one in. Spectre, go greet it with a Thunderpunch!" The Haunter darts down towards the ground, diving at Arluin with an electrically-charged fist.

Rolls
Thunderpunch - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion (Paralyze on 19-20)
Damage: [roll1] Electric Physical Damage

Round Summary
Laughing Breeze used Endure. Laughing Breeze survived the Shadow Ball.
Spectre attacked Arluin with Thunderpunch.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-03, 08:01 AM
"Come on Willow, I know you can do this!"

Lick
IBIY: [roll4]

Esprit15
2013-09-03, 09:41 AM
"Not a problem, easily managed. Come on, Vivian, let's see how bad they are." Jehoash and the Litwick head to the garden. Stunky and Carnivine. Interesting mons. Worth tossing a ball at, certainly.

Tybar
2013-09-04, 08:28 PM
Aron winces as Arluin falls from the strike, recalling him. Okay Helios, time to come out! Razor Leaf!

Helios roars and whips out several razor-sharp leaves to strike the Haunter.

Helios uses Razor Leaf!
Aron used Strategic Targeting!
AC 4 + Def or Speed, crit on an 18+
[roll0]
Dmg: Physical Grass
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 05:58 PM
Jehoash
You make your way into the garden, and quickly notice that several of the berry bushes are withering near one of the corners of the area. It is clear that something has been digging around the area as well, with some of the bushes spattered with dirt and mud.

Perception, please.

Haruka
As the Sableye dodges out of the way of Willow's attack, Jovan says, "Not that easy to fight what you can't see clearly, eh? Gemetus, Astonish it!" The Sableye responds with a sudden strike, though the Smeargle remains unfazed by the blow. "Huh... Normal type, then."

Round Summary
Willow missed Gemetus with Lick.
Gemetus hit Willow with Astonish, but it had no effect.

Aron
Helios's spray of razor-sharp foliage proves more than enough to bring the Haunter down, and Niven nods. "You're doing rather well... still, it'll end here. Tao, show him what he's up against! Double Team!" The Absol's form blurs as it splits into multiple copies of itself, which fan out towards the corners of the arena. The glove-like charm around the Absol's neck glows on all the copies briefly.

Round Summary
Helios hit Spectre with Razor Leaf for 32 damage. Spectre is Fainted.
Tao used Double Team.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-05, 06:15 PM
"Willow's an interesting one," Haruka replies, "and will get even more interesting after I earn some more money" she continues with a smile, contemplating some of the TMs for smeargle she'd heard of, "try once more with a lick."

Lick

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 06:22 PM
Haruka
The Smeargle's attack connects this time, though the Sableye doesn't seem too bothered by the hit. Jovan calls out, "Let's try this again, then - Fury Swipes!" The Sableye once more begins swiping its claws at Willow in response to the command.

Round Summary
Willow hit Gemetus with Lick for 21 damage.
Gemetus hit Willow 4 times with Fury Swipes for 49 damage total.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-05, 06:26 PM
"Alright Willow, time for you to heal up! Mega Drain!"

Mega Drain
AC: [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 06:34 PM
Haruka
Willow swipes at the Sableye with her tail, and a green trail follows behind it, sapping the ghostly being's strength. Gemetus collapses, as Willow is strengthened by the absorbed energy. Jovan says, "Alright... let's see how you handle Ignis, here. Odor Sleuth to track it, then Bite!" He releases a black canine Pokemon - it looks familiar, but you don't quite recognize it. The Pokemon sniffs at the air before biting fiercely into Willow.

Round Summary
Willow hit Gemetus with Mega Drain for 26 damage. Gemetus is Fainted. Willow recovered 13 HP.
Ignis used Odor Sleuth.
Ignis hit Willow with Bite for 29 damage. Willow is Fainted.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-09-05, 06:45 PM
After his battle, Lorenzo left the gym slighlty dejected. After getting his team healed up, he took a stroll around town.

wild! [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-05, 07:10 PM
Haruka returns Willow, then sends out Hisei, "Alright Hisei, hit it with a fire spin then a confuse ray!"

Fire Spin

Trapped [roll3] turns

Confuse Ray
Cannot Miss

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 07:20 PM
Haruka
Hisei's spiralling flames quickly encircle the canine Pokemon - but while they succeed in restricting its movement, the Pokemon doesn't seem affected by it beyond that. The follow-up blast of disorienting power leaves it reeling, while Jovan orders, "Well, isn't this a bit of a bind... Ignis, take some time to build yourself up. Howl!" The Pokemon shakes it head to clear it and lets out a piercing howl, before glaring angrily at the Vulpix.

Round Summary
Hisei hit Ignis with Fire Spin. Ignis's Flash Fire activates. Ignis is Trapped.
Ignis is cured of Confusion.
Ignis used Howl. Ignis gained +1 Attack Combat Stage.
Ignis takes 5 damage from the Trap.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-05, 07:27 PM
Haruka blinks, then scans the mon, "Hisei, I think we have a bad match up here, move closer and use Imprison. Keep cautious."

Imprison
Cannot Miss.

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 07:32 PM
Haruka
Jovan watches for a moment before saying, "Not the worst plan, I suppose. Still, need to get that one out of the way... Ignis, Roar!" The Pokemon lets out a loud cry in Hisei's direction, shaking the Pokemon but having no other effect. Jovan frowns at that, as your Pokedex dings, reading, Houndoom.

Round Summary
Hisei used Imprison. Ignis is Imprisoned.
Ignis missed Hisei with Roar.
Jovan used Satoshi's Luck.
Ignis missed Hisei with Roar.
Ignis took 3 damage from the Trap.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-05, 07:36 PM
"Alright Hisei, hit it with everything you've got, this is our only shot so let's make it count!"

Quick Attack
IBiY: [roll3]

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 07:50 PM
Haruka
As Hisei slams into Ignis, Jovan watches with a surprised look. "Taking a big chance there, getting close like that. Now you'll see why that's not a good idea - Ignis, Bite!" The Houndoom bites fiercely at the Vulpix, tearing into it. The Vulpix nibbles at a berry it's carrying as the attack lands, and a wave of force slams back into Ignis, the Houndoom falling from the power reflected from its own attack. Jovan chuckles at that and says, "Well... not bad at all. Aerus, you're last up!" He releases a Drifblim onto the arena, which hovers atop one of the stone pillars.

Round Summary
Haruka used I Believe In You!
Hisei hit Ignis with Quick Attack for 31 damage.
Ignis hit Hisei with Bite for 42 damage.
Ignis took 9 damage from the Trap.
Hisei's Jaboca Berry was activated, dealing 21 damage to Ignis. Ignis is Fainted.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-05, 07:58 PM
"Alright Hisei!" Haruka calls out with a cheer, "let's go for a faint attack, see if we can't deal some good damage," Hisei dashes over, and jumps to reach the drifblim.

Faint Attack
AC: [roll0] Cannot Miss

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 08:03 PM
Haruka
Hisei seems to vanish into the shadows before appearing behind the Drifblim, swiping at it with her tails before landing. Jovan replies by calling, "Get yourself a bit of altitude, Aerus, and hit it with a Gust!" The Drifblim rises into the air in response, sending a burst of wind at the Vulpix - though the wind disperses enough by the time it reaches Hisei that it's little more than a light breeze ruffling the fire-type's fur.

Round Summary
Hisei hit Aerus with Faint Attack for 28 damage.
Aerus missed Hisei with Gust.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-05, 08:07 PM
"Get some distance and trap it!"

Fire Spin

Trapped for [roll3] rounds

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 08:12 PM
Haruka
The swirling flames wrap around the Drifblim, which lets out an odd hissing cry, similar to air being let out of a balloon. Jovan calls out, "Another Gust, Aerus - take it out!" and the Drifblim launches a burst of wind through the flames which slams into Hisei, throwing the fire-type back. It struggles to rise, before collapsing, unconscious.

Round Summary
Hisei hit Aerus with Fire Spin for 24 damage. Aerus is Trapped.
Aerus took 7 damage from the Trap.
Aerus hit Hisei with Gust for 31 damage. Hisei is Fainted. Aerus is no longer Trapped.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-05, 08:16 PM
"Come on out Ebony, let's make this count!"

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 08:23 PM
Haruka
Jovan nods and says, "Alright, then... let's finish things, Aerus. Ominous Wind!" The Drifblim twirls its ribbons like a fan, pulsing with power before sending a purple-tinged gust of wind at the Spiritomb. The blow strikes true, nearly dispersing the other ghost's hold on its physical form - but Ebony manages to cling to its keystone. The ghost's essence swirls around a berry tied to the stone, and sends a pulse of power back at the Drifblim in response.

Round Summary
Aerus hit Ebony with Ominous Wind for 40 damage. Aerus gains +1 to all Combat Stages.
Ebony's Rowap Berry activated, dealing 20 damage to Aerus.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-05, 08:31 PM
"I don't think so, let's make this count, Ebony," Ebony takes the powerful hit, then moves forward, and gazes at the drifblim with its spiraling eyes.

Hypnosis

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 08:34 PM
Haruka
As the Drifblim falls limp, Jovan calls out, "We're close, Aerun - one more shot will do it! Wake up and finish this with an Astonish!" An odd, high-pitched whistle - like steam from a tea-kettle, almost - emanates from the flying type as it slumbers, its own equivalent of snoring.

Round Summary
Ebony hit Aerus with Hypnosis. Aerus is Asleep.
Aerus is Asleep.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-05, 08:38 PM
"Alright Ebony, let's finish this now," Haruka calls out as Ebony vanishes before striking.

Faint Attack
AC: [roll0] Cannot Miss

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 08:48 PM
Haruka
The Spiritomb's attack proves more than enough to bring down the Drifblim, and Jovan recalls his Pokemon before nodding and making his way over. "Well done, indeed - I honestly thought I had you up until that Hypnosis. I'll just need to get your info registered here, and then you'll be able to challenge the leader whenever you like." He quickly registers your Pokedex, then leads you back out into the lobby of the gym before departing with a nod.

Round Summary
Ebony hit Aerus with Faint Attack for 110 damage. Aerus is Fainted.

Willow, Hisei and Ebony each receive 1916 XP.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-05, 08:57 PM
"I did too, that Hypnosis was a gambit, I'm just glad it paid off," Haruka replies, "if it didn't work, you would have won this one."

Esprit15
2013-09-05, 09:43 PM
Perception: [roll0]
Jehoash looks around for the mons responsible for the damage.

Tybar
2013-09-05, 10:31 PM
Aron nods at the swap, and points to the far corners of the arena. Helios, you should be able to hit those two, try for one, then the other!

Helios lashes out a vine at one copy.

Vine Whip on T2 in the corner, I think Helios can hit from there.

AC 2 + Def. or Speed Evasion
[roll0]
Grass Physical Damage
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-09-05, 11:53 PM
Jehoash
Looking around, you find a small burrow nestled between a couple of the bushes. A pair of pale eyes peer out from within, and the rustling of bushes behind you gives you some idea of where the second one likely is.

Your move, then - Vivian will be slower than the enemy mon, though. For both of them, you'd be targeting through rough terrain right now.

Lorenzo
You head out into the outskirts of town, and before long you hear a series of loud Pokemon cries - almost as if something was attempting to sing and failing horribly. Following the path of it, you see that you weren't too far off the mark - a Loudred is standing in a clearing with what looks like a microphone in its hand, with several unconscious Pokemon lying nearby. In the distance, more Pokemon can be seen fleeing.

Aron
Helios's vine whip causes the first target to burst into smoke, but the poor lighting throws his aim off and his vine scores the ground next to the other Absol. Niven says, "Nice try, there - Tao, nail him with a Shadow Claw!" The Absol that you struck at darts forward with blinding speed, a spectral claw slicing at Helios as he passes by and disappears into the maze.

Rolls
Shadow Claw - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion (Crit on 12-20)

Round Summary
Helios hit T2 with Vine Whip, dispersing the copy. Tao took [roll3] Feedback Damage.
Aron used Tactical Strike.
Helios missed T4 with Vine Whip.
Tao attacked Helios with Shadow Claw.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-09-06, 12:02 AM
Lorenzo released Barghest by his side, placating the pup before approaching the Loudred. Hey there. Are you ok? I saw all those pokemon running.

Esprit15
2013-09-06, 12:41 AM
Jehoash draws the hilt, moisture in the air condensing into an icy blade. Vivian, you're gonna be the star of this fight. He takes a slash at the first mon.
Arms Attack
Physical, Ice
AC: [roll0] 4
Damage: [roll1] What level do I treat the sword as?

Tybar
2013-09-07, 09:10 AM
Aron winces at the hit, and looks to Helios. Time for some gambling Helios! Take a step out and strike the one to your right

The vine lashes out, but hits the wall next to the Absol.

BluesEclipse
2013-09-08, 12:48 AM
Jehoash
You swipe at the Stunky, the blade catching it as it peers out of the den. It gives a cry as it releases a thin cloud of toxic gas around you both - not nearly enough to be harmful, despite the stench. The other darts out of the bushes and scratches at Vivian with a claw, the swipe passing through the ghost Pokemon's form harmlessly.

Round Summary
Jehoash hit Stunky 1 with Arms Attack(Ice Blade) for 30 damage.
Stunky 1 missed Jehoash with Poison Gas.
Stunky 2 hit Vivian with Scratch, but it has no effect.

As a note, weapons created through your kinesis features will have a level equal to your TL - only as long as you're using Alis's shard as the medium to craft the blade, though.

Lorenzo
The Loudred looks at you, blinking for a moment before giving a cheerful cry. It points at you, then gestures with the microphone towards a tree stump nearby.

Aron
As Helios steps out of the maze, one of the stones darts forward and slams into his back, shattering on contact and throwing his attack off course. Niven says, "Tao, bring him down. Slash!" He holds up a hand, and a black pulse engulfs both of the Absol copies as they move forward, one jumping over Helios while the other slices at it with its horn-blade.

Rolls
Slash - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion (Crit on 12-20)

Round Summary
Helios took damage from Stealth Rock. (1/8 of Max HP, affected by typing.)
Helios missed T3 with Vine Whip.
Commander Niven used Dark Move Shift.
Tao attacked Helios with Slash.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-09-08, 12:50 AM
Lorenzo nodded, sitting down on the stump. Barghest trotted over and made himself comfortable at Lorenzo's feet.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-08, 09:45 AM
Haruka has her pokemon healed up then heads out to find a few TMs for Willow, hopefully she'd find a vendor in town.

In case it's needed I'm rolling Wisdom
Wis: [roll0]

Specifically looking for any two of the following specifically for Smeargle:
Hone Claws
Protect
Double Team
Aerial Ace
Flame Charge
Rock Polish*
Flash*
Work Up*
Poison Jab

*Priority moves that I plan to get for Willow ASAP if possible.

Tybar
2013-09-08, 09:49 AM
Aron recalls Helios as he falls, and stops his hand from moving to Laughing Breeze's pokeball. I concede...I could attempt an attack with Laughing Breeze...two actually...but I don't think I should. He would just end up heavily injured.

He smiles to the commander across the way.

Esprit15
2013-09-08, 12:37 PM
"Vivian, burn the one that hit you." The Litwick backs off from her target before firing off a ring of flames at the Stunky that attacked her. Meanwhile, Jehoash tries to capture the one that he weakened.
Fire Spin
Special, Fire
AC: [roll0] 4

Ball:[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-09-10, 03:38 AM
Jehoash
Vivian's flames spiral around her target, the Stunky hissing and cringing back somewhat from the flame as it circles around the Pokemon. The other one is absorbed into the Pokeball, which shudders once, then twice, before bursting open. Both of the skunk-like Pokemon release clouds of thick, dark gas, making it difficult for you to see.

Round Summary
Vivian hit Stunky 2 with Fire Spin for 22 damage. Stunky 2 is Trapped.
Jehoash failed to capture Stunky 1 with Basic Ball.
Stunky 1 used Smokescreen.
Stunky 2 took 1 damage from the Trap.
Stunky 2 used Smokescreen.

Haruka
You look around, knowing from your reading since acquiring Willow that it is possible to have a TM or HM converted for a Smeargle's use - and that once so altered, the TM is no longer compatible with a normal Pokemon. Smeargle is a rare enough Pokemon that most people don't stock these, but you decide to check anyway - which proves fortunate when you check with the Alaren Pokemart in town, and learn that they have a Smeargle-converted Work Up TM in stock. Apparently, it was ordered by another trainer who changed their mind when it came in, and they've had to hold onto it for a couple of weeks - they're willing to offer it for 3600 Meseta as opposed to the normal 4800, since they can't do much with it otherwise.

Aron
Commander Niven nods and says, "Sometimes, you have to know when to admit defeat - though in your case, I suspect this is more just a tactical retreat. Maybe next time, then?" He smiles as he leads you back out of the room, heading back to have his Pokemon healed again.

Helios, Laughing Breeze and Arluin each receive 1280 XP.

Lorenzo
The Loudred smiles widely as you sit down, before bringing the Microphone to its mouth and beginning to sing. Once it starts, you find yourself blown away - literally, as the force of the sound knocks you off the stump and backwards. You also note that this Loudred doesn't have much of a singing voice.

Round Summary
Loudred hit Lorenzo with Hyper Voice for 48 damage.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-10, 08:18 AM
Haruka purchases the TM, then checks Echelon to see if she can't find another, as well as if there are any offers for Six yet, Work Up was one of the better TMs for Willow, but having a couple options was nice. Once she checked all of this, she'd probably head back to the Gym to try her luck with the Gym Leader.

Trade Roll for Six
[roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-09-10, 08:45 AM
Lorenzo tumbled and righted himself at, glaring at the Loudred. You pack quite a whallop there. How bout you dance with Barghest, and see whose the better dancer.

Lack of any idea what to do with this, resort to violence.

Esprit15
2013-09-11, 12:56 PM
Vivian fires a small flame that explodes on impact with the first Stunky. Jehoash meanwhile swings at the second one with the broad side of the sword.
Flame Burst
Special, Fire, Blast
1/16 to those caught in blast

Arms Attack
Normal, Physical
AC: [roll2] 4
Damage: [roll3]

Tybar
2013-09-11, 01:21 PM
Aron nods, smiling back at him. Definitely just a tactical retreat for now. I will say, if I win against you next time, I plan on type-shifting Banafrit, my Haunter, from Poison to Dark. I really like that idea.

He waves and heads out, looking for some wilds or ways to make money.

Wild roll, if needed:
[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-09-12, 01:53 AM
Jehoash
Vivian loses track of her target for a moment in the smoke, and fires at the first thing she sees - which, unfortunately, is not the Stunky. Jehoash's swing lands firmly against his own target, though, the Pokemon giving a hiss of pain before retaliating with a furious barrage of claws which Jehoash doesn't even need to dodge - the smoke seems to have ruined the Stunky's aim on its own. The other Stunky, however, release a powerful burst of toxic gas, engulfing Vivian in a foul-smelling purple cloud.

Round Summary
Vivian missed Stunky 2 with Flame Burst.
Jehoash hit Stunky 1 with Arms Attack(Sword) for 24 damage.
Stunky 1 missed Jehoash with Fury Swipes.
Stunky 2 took 11 damage from the Trap.
Stunky 2 critically hit Vivian with Poison Gas. Vivian is Poisoned.

Haruka
You browse the Echelon listings, but can't find anyone offering Smeargle-specific TMs for trade. You do note a couple of offers for Six have come up, though - one person is offering 2500 Meseta for the Combee, another is offering a Cleffa, and lastly is an offer for a Magikarp. The Magikarp offer has a note that a TM would be included with it, but doesn't offer details as to which.

Lorenzo
As you glare at the Loudred and release Barghest, you note that the Pokemon has a rather dejected look on its face. It looks at you for a moment, before holding the microphone out towards you with a questioning look on its face.

Aron
You wander towards the outskirts of town, and before long come across a lot full of scrap, with a young man in a Ranger cadet's uniform looking in nervously, an Eevee at his heels. A glimmer of movement catches your eye, as one of the piles of scrap shifts a bit, and something grey can be seen moving within.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-09-12, 07:20 AM
Lorenzo waved Barghest down (again), much to the pups chagrin. You want me to sing? Lorenzo reaches out for the microphone.

Esprit15
2013-09-12, 10:04 AM
Jehoash slams the sword into his current target while Vivian gives a cough before sending more swirling flame to the Stunky that poisoned her.
Arms
[roll0] 4
[roll1] +3, forgot level

Fire Spin
[roll2] 4
[roll3]

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-12, 10:17 AM
Haruka takes a moment, and decides there are enough magikarp in the party as it was, and simply didn't have enough information on the TM, so, she goes with the Cleffa.

She then leaves a note that she'd be willing to pay or trade for smeargle specific TMs, up to +25% the standard TM cost. Requesting Flash, Rock Polish, and Double Team specifically.

She then heads back to the gym to try challenging the leader this time around.

Tybar
2013-09-12, 11:07 AM
Aron takes in the scene, and releases Laughing Breeze, moving closer to the ranger, ready to give out a shout if needed. If he gets close enough, he talks to the ranger calmly, and quietly. Hey, be careful! If you're looking for something, it's in that scrap over there.

He gestures with his head.

BluesEclipse
2013-09-12, 09:36 PM
Lorenzo
The Loudred nods, happily, as you take the microphone from it. Stepping back, it sits on its haunches and watches you, and a rhythmic, thumping beat begins projecting from its speaker-like ears.

Jehoash
Vivian's spiral of flame flies past the Stunky, connecting with one of the berry bushes and catching it alight. Jehoash swings slightly ahead of the other Stunky's movement, catching it in the side and knocking it back. The Pokemon gets up with a hissing growl, dashing at Jehoash and attempting to swipe at him with its claws - only to miss wildly. The other Stunky swipes furiously at Vivian, though the claws go right through the ghostly candle Pokemon.

Round Summary
Vivian missed Stunky 2 with Fire Spin.
Vivian took 6 damage from Poison.
Jehoash hit Stunky 1 with Arms Attack(Sword) for 33 damage.
Stunky 1 missed Jehoash with Slash.
Stunky 2 took 9 damage from the Trap.
Stunky 2 hit Vivian 3 times with Fury Swipes, but it had no effect.

Haruka
You make a quick stop at the Pokemon Center to confirm the trade, before making your way to the Gym. You see Jovan there, talking to an older man. Upon seeing you, he nods and says, "Ah, Ms. Salt. I was just telling the Leader about you." The older man nods towards you and says, "Indeed... I must admit, I've been kept busy today. We don't normally get so many challengers all at once. I do hope you'll give me as good a challenge as the others. Were you ready to challenge me now, or are you just here for some training before hand?"

Aron
The cadet jumps slightly before turning to face you, and says, "Oh... I didn't notice you there. And yeah... I know it's there..." He sighs. "I've been tasked with clearing out some Durant from the scrapyard here before they can build a full hive - I've only got Liara here," he motions with his head towards the Eevee as he speaks, and continues, "and she's not exactly ideal against Steel-types... I don't even have a styler yet, or I'd try to get one of them on my side." He gives a pensive frown, before saying, "Say... do you think you might be willing to help me out?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-12, 09:50 PM
"I can imagine, my friends and I all decided to challenge the gym here," Haruka replies with a smile, "only Ban and I haven't given it a shot yet, which is why I'm here. I want to have a repeat performance of my Gym Battle in Lily."

[roll0]

Jacior
2013-09-12, 10:05 PM
Cooper steps out of the gym, having been told that he can pick Cap up in about an hour. "What to do with myself for an hour... Hmm." He walks around a bit, looking around the city. "Something to do, something to do." He decides to look around and see if there is anything going on in the city. It was a city right? There had to be something for someone with his talents.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-09-12, 10:16 PM
Lorenzo turned the mic over in his hand for a minute, before remembering a song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bvLvt0Gqvo)Maren would sing to him when he was a child.

Esprit15
2013-09-13, 03:01 AM
"Handle them, Vivian! Night Shade!" Jehoash melts the ice from the sword and tries to smother the fire before it spreads too much. Vivian fires a pale pulse of spectral energy at one of the Stunky (Whichever one seems healthier).
Hydrokinesis to smother fire

Night Shade
Damage: 28

Tybar
2013-09-13, 06:51 AM
Aron nods. I'd be happy to. I'm Aron Sildere. Durant...well, if we have some fire types or moves, those would be incredibly devastating to them. Fighting, Flying, Ground, Rock, Water, and Electric should be alright against them too. Laughing Breeze, be on your guard.

BluesEclipse
2013-09-14, 02:12 AM
Haruka
The man nods and says, "Alright, then... let's begin, shall we Ms. Salt?" He leads you up the stairs, and takes his place on the battlefield before saying, "Your friends have impressed me thus far... let's see what you can do."

Choose your starter, post speed.

Lorenzo
Lorenzo finds that the microphone carries his voice perfectly - the song seems better than he's ever sang before. The Loudred definitely seems to agree, as it applauds you, before looking towards Barghest questioningly.

Jehoash
Vivian's spectral pulse smothers the Stunky in ghostly power, and the dark-type cries out in pain briefly. Jehoash quickly smothers the flames on the bushes there, extinguishing them before much damage can be done. The Stunky near Jehoash scratches angrily at him, while the other merely expels more thick smog into the area which melds into what's already there.

Round Summary
Vivian hit Stunky 2 with Night Shade for 28 damage.
Vivian took 6 damage from Poison.
Jehoash extinguished the flames with Hydrokinesis.
Stunky 1 hit Jehoash with Scratch for 26 damage.
Stunky 2 took 10 damage from the Trap.
Stunky 2 used Smokescreen.

Aron
"James Gillespie. It's nice to meet you, and thanks... unfortunately, I don't have any of the types you mentioned. Liara does know Dig, so that might help... she also knows Wish. Maybe I could have her keep healing your Pokemon?" You can tell that he wishes he could do more, but is simply at a significant disadvantage here.

You get to choose how he handles this - try to fight, or play support?

Cooper
You begin wandering through town, looking for something you might be able to do. As you pass by the Lavender Foundation's headquarters, you see a figure in jeans and a blue shirt leap out of one of the second-floor windows at the back of the building and land on the ground. The figure rolls to its feet and it - no, she, you can tell, as the - glances back at the window before taking off. A few seconds later, a young man in a black hoodie comes out of the building and looks around for a moment before seeing you. "Hey," he calls out as he heads towards you, "you see a woman run by here? Need to find her before she gets away with my Pokemon..."

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-14, 08:43 AM
"Alright then, Willow, let's try another battle," she lets out her smeargle onto the field, then glances around, "we're gonna try something for this area, get ready to use that tail of yours"

Speed 12

Jacior
2013-09-14, 06:52 PM
Cooper watches with rapt attention as the figure leaps from the window and lands unhurt. "That looks fun. I might have to try that." He watches her run off before actually wondering what that was about. He blinks at the man before starting with a jump. "You mean she stole your pokemon?!" He turns to where she had run off and starts running himself. "She went this way, come on!" He huffs and puffs as he runs. "I need to do more running."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-09-14, 07:05 PM
Lorenzo snickers as he holds the mic up to Barghest. Barghest growls and glowers at Lorenzo, but after some urging, he starts to howl into the mic reluctantly.

[roll0] for some reason

Tybar
2013-09-14, 09:01 PM
Aron nods. Well, if she's more comfortable with wish, go with that, though she can probably start out with a dig first.

Aron tries to size up the Durant he saw rustling.

If I can, use Frantic Research:
[roll0]

On a 16+:
I know its level.
On a 21+:
I know its current HP.

On a 15, I weep and consider what I've done to offend the dice bot.

BluesEclipse
2013-09-15, 04:08 PM
Haruka
Commander Niven nods, and releases a night-black Haunter onto his side of the field. Looking at the Smeargle for a moment, he orders, "Spectre, Odor Sleuth and move towards the center of the maze." The ghostly Pokemon nods, gliding forward and passing through the central walls before settling into the wall in the center of the arena.

Round Summary
Spectre used Odor Sleuth.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-15, 04:15 PM
"Keep off to the side and get ready to attack," Haruka says. Willow bulks up as a light aura surrounds her for a moment.

Work Up

BluesEclipse
2013-09-15, 04:21 PM
Haruka
Commander Niven nods, watching as the Smeargle bolsters itself before commanding, "Get some altitude, Spectre, and nail it with a Shadow Ball - just make sure to adjust it to hit him." The Haunter nods, forming a ball of spectral shadows in its hands. As it holds the ball, the color darkens from a purplish shadow to pure obsidian, at which point the Haunter flings the orb at the Smeargle.

Rolls
Shadow Ball - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion (-1 SDef Combat Stage on 17-20)
Damage: [roll1] Dark Special

Round Summary
Willow used Work Up. Willow gained +1 Attack Combat Stage and +1 Special Attack Combat Stage.
Spectre attacked Willow with Shadow Ball. Commander Niven used Dark Move Shift. Shadow Ball is now Dark Type.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-15, 04:36 PM
Haruka frowns, "I guess Willow was the wrong choice to start with here," Haruka says, then returns Willow before bringing out Hisei in the far corner, "go for a Fire Spin and follow up with a confuse ray."

Fire Spin

Trapped for [roll3] Rounds and deals [roll4] Extra Damage

Confuse Ray
Can't Miss

BluesEclipse
2013-09-15, 04:45 PM
Haruka
As you move to recall the Smeargle, Niven barks out, "Stop it in its tracks! Pursuit!" The dark Haunter darts forward, becoming a black blur of shadow as it collides with the beam of light containing Willow's data.

Rolls
Pursuit - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion
Damage: [roll1] Dark Physical

Round Summary
Haruka recalled Willow to release Hisei.
Spectre attacked Willow with Pursuit.
Hisei hit Spectre with Fire Spin for 30 damage. Spectre is Trapped.
Hisei hit Spectre with Confuse Ray. Spectre is Confused.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-15, 05:07 PM
"Let's make sure to end this quickly, ember," Haruka calls out to the vulpix.

Ember
AC: [roll0] Burn on 18-20

BluesEclipse
2013-09-15, 05:17 PM
Haruka
The bolt of flame impacts with the Haunter, which seems to weather the blow well. However, the spiraling flames surrounding it flare, burning into the ghost as well, and the combination proves too much for the Haunter. Niven recalls the ghostly Pokemon, thinking for a moment before nodding to himself. Releasing his spectral Hitmonchan, he calls out, "That's one for each of us, then... let's see how you handle Limit. Shadow Punch!" The spectral fighter darts forward, a ghostly image of itself darting from its body and striking Hisei with a powerful cross - though Hisei bites down on a berry as the blow lands, and a flare of energy crosses the distance to slam into the fighting type in exchange.

Rolls
Shadow Punch - AC: [roll0] (Can't Miss)
Damage: [roll1]Ghost Physical

Round Summary
Hisei hit Spectre with Ember for 29 damage.
Spectre took 12 damage from the Trap. Spectre is Fainted.
Limit hit Hisei with Shadow Punch. Hisei's Jaboca Berry activates, returning 19 damage to Limit.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-15, 05:40 PM
"Alright Hisei, give him a fire spin and run to the other side of the arena."

Fire Spin

Trapped for [roll3] Rounds and takes [roll4] Extra Damage

BluesEclipse
2013-09-15, 05:47 PM
Haruka
As Hisei forms the spiralling flames on her tails, the gym leader orders, "Not this time. Limit, Mach Punch!" The Hitmonchan darts forward, clearing the spiral of flame launched at it with a left hook before launching a low jab at Hisei. The Vulpix again bites down on the berry, swallowing it as the pulse of energy flares back at the Hitmonchan once more.

Rolls
Mach Punch - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion
Damage: [roll1] Fighting Physical

Round Summary
Limit interrupted Hisei's attack with Mach Punch. Hisei's Jaboca Berry activates, returning 19 damage to Limit.
Hisei missed Limit with Fire Spin.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-15, 06:05 PM
Hisei goes down pretty hard, getting a wince from Haruka, "Alright, this is it Sakura! You're up!" she calls out, releasing the kirlia onto the field.

BluesEclipse
2013-09-15, 06:10 PM
Haruka
Niven nods to himself and calls out, "Limit, use Foresight, then go into the maze. Make it quick - don't give her a chance to rally!" The spectral Hitmonchan's eyes glow brightly as it darts forward, passing through a couple of the false walls on its way towards the other end of the maze.

Round Summary
Limit used Foresight.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-15, 06:29 PM
"Alright Sakura, this is gonna be tough but I know you can do it. Use Double Team then spread out!"

Double Team

BluesEclipse
2013-09-15, 06:37 PM
Haruka
Commander Niven watches, and says, "Close in, Limit, and take the real one out with a Shadow Punch." Looking at you, he then says, "I don't know what you were planning with this one... but you won't get the chance." The spectral Hitmonchan darts through the maze, passing through another false wall before bursting out and dashing at the Kirlia, slamming into it with a shadowy fist.

Rolls
Shadow Punch - AC: [roll0] (Can't Miss)
Damage: [roll1] Ghost Physical

Round Summary
Sakura used Double Team. Sakura gained +2 Evasion.
Limit attacked Sakura with Shadow Punch.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-15, 06:41 PM
"I as thinking that Sakura's my winning pokemon, Shadow Sneak!" Sakura hits the hitmonchan then dashes away, blurred with ephemeral shadows.

Shadow Sneak

BluesEclipse
2013-09-15, 06:51 PM
Haruka
As Sakura blurs into shadow, Commander Niven calls out, "Two can play at that game. Shadow Sneak!" The Hitmonchan's own form blurs into shadow, keeping pace with the Kirlia as the two clash repeatedly in a blur of shadows. The two reappear facing away from one another, Sakura's hands outstretched as the ghostly power fades around them while Limit's right arm is held out in a fist.

Rolls
Shadow Sneak - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion(and only Physical Evasion, due to Foresight)
Damage: [roll1] Ghost Physical
IBIY: [roll3]

Round Summary
Sakura interrupted Limit with Shadow Sneak.
Limit interrupted Sakura with Shadow Sneak.
Sakura hit with Shadow Sneak for 26 damage.

EdroGrimshell
2013-09-15, 06:58 PM
Haruka sighs as she returns Sakura, "you did good Sakura," she whispers, "I think I just started out badly this time around, Sakura was a comeback kid back in Lily, I thought she might be able to help here too since she has some trickier moves."

BluesEclipse
2013-09-15, 10:53 PM
Haruka
Commander Niven nods, and replies, "Good to know that you have faith in her - but you can't win on faith alone, and there's a good chance that Kirlia of yours could've gotten seriously injured in a match like this. Keep that in mind - because if you were fighting one of those Order of Eternity thugs that you and your friends have set yourselves against, they wouldn't hold back just to avoid killing her." He leads you out of the arena and back down to the lobby, before saying, "That said, if you do some work on your tactics and get a bit more training, and I wouldn't mind facing you again. You have potential - you just need to find it."

Willow, Hisei and Sakura each receive 747 XP.

Since I forgot, your Cleffa stats are as follows:
Level 5
Female/Magic Guard/Poised

Aron
You can't really get an idea of how powerful the Pokemon is, mainly because you can't get a good look at it through the pile of scrap. You do, however, notice movement within a couple of the other scrap piles as well - and notice that there appear to be 3 Durant total. One of them pokes a head out of the scrap and looks at you for a moment, before returning to whatever it's doing there.

The Duran't aren't hostile yet, so you can go ahead and release a mon. Use the map here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6-iyD21LrrdENCa3VjdWxpQjdfZ2pZTXFlNE5EaFE#gid=6).

Lorenzo
Barghest proves to be capable of carrying a decent tune himself, his howling proving to be rather melodious. The Loudred claps approvingly, before holding its hand out for the microphone again.

Cooper
The boy nods, and takes off after you - though he quickly outpaces you. It takes a good fifteen minutes to catch up to the woman, but catch her you do, finally catching up to her just outside town. Getting a better look at her, she appears to be in her mid-twenties, brown hair tied back in a braid falling down nearly to her waist and an odd, bulky electronic gauntlet of some sort covering her right forearm up to the elbow. Her eyes flash with anger as she sees you both, and she says, "Another one... this is just great. Should've known a guy like you would have another thug to bring with you..." The latter is adressed to the younger man with you, who retorts, "Last I checked, you're the one who stole my Pokemon. Now... I'll be nice, and give you a chance to give it back. Otherwise, you'll see just what kind of mistake you made here."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-09-15, 10:55 PM
Lorenzo hesitates before handing over the microphone. He shifts slightly to the side, not wanting Barghest and himself to be caught in the blast.

Jacior
2013-09-15, 11:15 PM
Cooper watches the boy outpace him. "I may not be in great shape, but I thought I was faster than this!" He shakes his head and keeps up as best he can. When they get to the edge of town, Cooper is seriously considering just throwing himself to the ground in defeat. "DID YOU REALLY HAVE TO RUN ALL THIS WAY?" He gasps for breath. "I'm not a skinny man! I can't run like that!" He huffs for a couple more moments before realizing what she said. "I'm not a thug. I'm a guy helping a guy get his pokemon back! Stealing is wrong. God that sounds corny, but it's true!" He pats on his chest as he breathing starts to slow. "Just give him his pokemon back, we won't even turn you into the police."

Tybar
2013-09-16, 09:58 AM
Aron nods Laughing Breeze ahead of him, and looks at the Durants warily.

What are you all doing in there?

Esprit15
2013-09-17, 04:24 PM
Jehoash laughs a little as the Pokémon scratches him. He pulls out another ball and taps the weaker looking of the two Stunky. "Vivian, Energy Ball on the other one." The Litwick fires a glowing ball of energy at the Stunky.
Pokéball: [roll0]

Energy Ball
Grass, Special
AC: [roll1] 2
If Crit: +[roll3]