PDA

View Full Version : creatures with CR=level-x

drack
2013-07-30, 07:27 AM
OK, so I was noticing goblin CR=NPC class level-2, so I was wondering if any other monsters work this way. :smallbiggrin:
I was also wondering if this means the CR doesn't change between a level 1 goblin and a level 2 goblin (2/3) :smallconfused:

supermonkeyjoe
2013-07-30, 07:36 AM
OK, so I was noticing goblin CR=NPC class level-2, so I was wondering if any other monsters work this way. :smallbiggrin:
I was also wondering if this means the CR doesn't change between a level 1 goblin and a level 2 goblin (2/3) :smallconfused:

If I understand correctly a level 2 goblin will be CR 1/2, a level 1 goblin will be CR 1/3 a level 3 goblin will be CR1 and then proceeding as you'd expect. This is only for Goblins with NPC levels, for PC levels the CR would be equal to the level

drack
2013-07-30, 07:42 AM
Ah, so negatives are down one CR step. Makes sense :smallbiggrin: And yeah, I know it's NPC only. Still fun though.

Chronos
2013-07-30, 08:21 AM
Kobolds have the same deal, but at -3. So, for instance, a 4th level kobold adept is only a CR 1, and thus theoretically the sort of thing a level 1 party could defeat with only a little bit of difficulty.