PDA

View Full Version : Character creating

Dark Hawk799
2013-07-30, 09:47 AM
I love creating characters but don't have time to play them in campaigns, so If anyone needs a pc or an npc created for a game and doesn't have the time to create it themselves, post the class, race, level, build idea, archetype(pathfinder) if you have a preference, alignment, and deity if relevant. I am not good with backgrounds so I can't help with those.

I only will be able to do 3.5 and pathfinder characters.

You do not have to keep the exact character, you can tweak or change anything you want to, this will just be a template for the character with the numbers filled in.

HereBeMonsters
2013-07-30, 01:20 PM
Alright, well lets try this then shall we?
Tiefling Magus (Kensai)
Favored weapon is the Bastard Sword (Katana Style)

Use any Racial Substitute that would work best.
The character would be played almost like a Samurai, at least a skilled swordsmen with a high honor code.

JaronK
2013-07-30, 02:35 PM
Well, here's a fun idea:

Make level 6 gestalts that are the most stereotypical possible characters for their race, using each of the PHB and Monster Manual iconic LA + 0 races. You must use 3 levels of Racial Paragon for each (at least) if those exist for that race. As an example, a Dwarven Fighter 3/Dwarf Paragon 3//Dwarf Cleric 6.

You should also use racial substitutions where available, and try to make use of racial weapons if the character is a melee or archer character (so the Dwarf would use a Dwarven War Axe, Dwarven War Pike, or similar, while an Elf should use an Elvencraft Bow and Elven Thinblade).

Sounds fun enough?

JaronK

Elricaltovilla
2013-07-30, 02:45 PM
I'm introducing a bunch of friends to Pathfinder (and tabletop gaming in general), and as part of the campaign I want to make a rotating stable of different characters for them to meet/play as.
All of the characters I'm making are at level 4 and they can be of any race.

I currently have:
Ninja
Magus
Cavalier
Magus
Witch
Sorcerer
Oracle

So if you want, I still need:
Barbarian
Fighter
Wizard
Alchemist
Rogue
Paladin
Cleric

That ought to keep you busy right? :smalltongue:

EDIT: All the characters will be using an array (16, 16, 14, 14, 12, 12) and max HP because this is a beginner's game.

HereBeMonsters
2013-07-30, 03:17 PM
I am also working on a sorta Sylar build for a game (Yes I am doing this because the GM gave me a very vague permission to use Old Blood feat and I am going with Illithid to get Illithid Savant to be a Jerk/make the GM sweat.)

A Human/Changeling/Anything that at least looks human Artificer is what I need (any racial substitutions for humans or class replacement options that might be suitable for the later build.) (Gotta be lvl 8 to go Illithid so I have time to make the character Sylar)
http://data.whicdn.com/images/33271821/Sylar_by_iceman_3567_large.jpg

BowStreetRunner
2013-07-30, 05:40 PM
I'd be happy to let you try. It might help me overcome the character-builder's block I've been experiencing lately. Resources that are not allowed in the campaign: Unearthed Arcana, setting-specific materials (Eberron, Forgotten Realms, etc.), web enhancements. Otherwise pretty much all of the non-setting-specific 3.5 materials are allowed.

At present, my party is made up of a warmage/crusader/jade phoenix mage, bard, TWF ranger, erudite, and druid - average level is 16th. There are a bunch of NPCs filling needed roles, such as healers, melee combat, ranged combat. The one thing we lack is anyone reliably stealthy who can find traps. The last handful of sneaky characters got separated from the party and were never heard from again. So the next party rogue, scout, or whatever will need to be able to get out of trouble if things go south while he is away from the main body.

I've been playing a TWF ranger/warblade who can deal with the traps but is not sneaky (that was intentional, after the last few deaths I didn't want to scout ahead of the party unless I was sure I could survive), but it hasn't really satisfied the party's scouting requirements.

Apparently, the DM is very good at overcoming high scores in Hide/Move Silently so just being good at those won't be enough. I need a character who is great at those, plus has lots of other survival-related abilities to fall back on if things get ugly.

Dark Hawk799
2013-07-30, 06:32 PM
Tiefling Magus (Kensai)

The character would be played almost like a Samurai, at least a skilled swordsmen with a high honor code.

What level?

EDIT: Do you want to use a Katana or a Bastard sword?

HereBeMonsters
2013-07-30, 06:37 PM
Both will be Lvl 1
The Tiefling Kensai (Magus)
and the (Insert best race) Artificer with Old Blood (Illithid) feat.

Dark Hawk799
2013-07-30, 07:31 PM
Tiefling Magus (Kensai)

Here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=621496)is what I've come up with, I've left traits, spells, and personality for you to decide.

HereBeMonsters
2013-07-30, 07:41 PM
Very nice, (Sorry about the Bastard Sword, they normally count Katana as a Bastard Sword for purposes of Dmg, weight, etc)