PDA

View Full Version : Druid Suggestion

metalith
2013-07-30, 01:33 PM
Considering a Druid build

Druid 5 / Planar Shepard 10 ...

I have seen some information around talking about just capping that with Druid 5. And want to know about what other people's suggestion would be like. I only want to loose 3 CL if possible.

I have pondering making this Druid a Shifter and do Moonspeaker 5 as the capstone but not sure.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-07-30, 01:48 PM
Since outsider wildshape is one of the Planar Shepherds better features you should avoid reducing your WS level unless you get something really good for it.

Nature's Warrior adds WS but loses 3 CL. You get some nice to have gimmicks but they're not worth losing CL imo.

Moonspeaker loses 4 WS HD so i would take only PS or MS, not both.

There's Lion of Talisid but it doesn't have any abilities over straight druid that would make the requirements worth it imo.

ArqArturo
2013-07-30, 01:51 PM
There's Lion of Talisid but it doesn't have any abilities over straight druid that would make the requirements worth it imo.

Ahh, the Lion of Talisid. The one PrC that doesn't feel like one because, honestly, there's only one or two things that stand out (fearless, roar like a leonal).

You could take a few levels in wizard and invest in Arcane Heirophant. Or, if you wanna go full crazy, go with (Holy) Fochlucan Lyrist.

Feilith
2013-07-30, 02:21 PM
Druid is easily one of, if not the best, base class. If you hold off on PS till you have more wild shapes it wont hurt you, in fact it may keep books from being thrown at your head for a few more lvs.

Taking PS rockets WS ppwer up to near spellcasting levels because of sla's of your forms (efritii and wish), so youll want as many WS per day as you can get