PDA

View Full Version : Maximize this build's Effiency! (D&D Op)

ShadowFireLance
2013-07-30, 05:52 PM
So, I'm going to be joining a 25th level game, and I'm thinking of a build that can do both Psionic and casting, all without getsalt.

The build as it stands:
Sorcerer8/Psion7/Crebmancer10

I'm currently thinking that the Psion side would be mostly for Telekinesis and explode people stuff, and the Sorcerer Side for whatever it needs to be, Any suggestions to pull the most out of this build?

mabriss lethe
2013-07-30, 06:02 PM
One little tweak: Go for Wizard instead of Sorcerer.
1. Both the Wizard and Psion key off of Intelligence.
2. Wizard also gets a faster spell level progression than the Sorcerer.
3. It will also make you significantly more flexible. The sorcerer and the psion both cast from fixed lists of spells/powers known. The wizard has a spellbook and can rearrange it's available spell selection to fit any occasion.

EDIT: of course, if you're going for Epic Magic, you're better off ditching some more psion levels to get your Caster level up into the 21+ range. If epic magic isn't in play, then it really doesn't matter all that much.

ShadowFireLance
2013-07-30, 06:07 PM
However, the Wizard can't alter like the Sorcerer can, which I'm fully expecting i'll need.

Xervous
2013-07-30, 06:08 PM
Why not go StP erudite...?

Epic levels, so pretty much anything is on the table. You could limit yourself to choice powers if you're afraid of causing powergaming issues, but you'll always have access to a wide variety of powers. Just don't think too hard on one situation or you'll end up wasting everyone's time.