PDA

View Full Version : Dungeoncrash and Pounce

Tvtyrant
2013-07-30, 06:17 PM
Under the Bullrush rules you can make a Bullrush as part of a charge. Pounce says that you can make a full attack as part of a charge. My question is if you can bullrush an opponent on a charge and make a full attack if you have a pounce ability?

Curmudgeon
2013-07-30, 06:23 PM
On a Charge you can replace your Charge attack with a Bull Rush special attack. Because you're replacing the option to attack on a Charge entirely, Pounce will do nada to help you.

Rubik
2013-07-30, 06:36 PM
While wielded 2-handed, the battleax of the bull (A&EG p100) allows you to bull-rush any Large or smaller opponent you strike in combat a distance of 5'. It also grants you Improved Bull-Rush. Take that property and add it to any other 2-handed weapon you like using the MIC's item creation rules.

Galvin
2013-07-30, 06:40 PM
The bullrush part of the charge and the Pounce part both replace the single attack that is normally made at the end of the charge. You cannot fit two attack options into one attack slot. Thus, you must choose one.

Tvtyrant
2013-07-30, 07:30 PM
Okay, so maybe I am just stupid, but I can't find anything about it replacing an attack. The Bull Rush rules in the SRD simply say you can make a Bull Rush on a charge.

Curmudgeon
2013-07-30, 07:39 PM
Okay, so maybe I am just stupid, but I can't find anything about it replacing an attack. The Bull Rush rules in the SRD simply say you can make a Bull Rush on a charge.
Did you happen to notice those rules are in the "Special Attacks" section of the chapter? Bull Rushes are attacks.

olentu
2013-07-30, 07:55 PM
The rules compendium clarifies that if your attack is a bull rush, you get a +2 bonus on the opposed strength check. That would seem to say to me that the bull rush is the attack. But do not take that to mean anything but that it seems the bull rush counts as the single attack.

Metahuman1
2013-07-30, 07:57 PM
If you take the feat Knock Back from Races of Stone, you could then Charge with pounce, full attack, and make at least one hit be a Bullrush attempt.

Frosty
2013-07-31, 01:30 AM
If you take the feat Knock Back from Races of Stone, you could then Charge with pounce, full attack, and make at least one hit be a Bullrush attempt.

If you charge an opponent that is already next to a wall, then each of your attack (from pounce) can do Dungeoncrasher damage (the enemy is ALWAYS in range of you. It gets repeatedly knocked back into the wall)