PDA

View Full Version : Nale actually reminds me alot of starscream right now

krossbow7
2013-07-31, 12:23 AM
Specifically, Starscream from Transformers prime.

He's an arrogant bufoon, and completely full of himself. He's also Horribly built for combat, and absolutely out of his depths compared to the other villains, or the heroes even.
He's brilliant and yet his ego constantly, CONSTANTLY trumps his intelligence, causing him to unravel his own plans out of sheer hubris.

The viewer, and the characters in show, are led to brush him off as completely harmless, an idiot flailinga round out of his depths.
THEN, finally when he seems to be completely harmless, he suddenly enacts a plan that shows just WHY he's so dangerous, utterly humiliating the competition and accomplishing his goals. He relies on Others to do the heavy lifting, but he still accomplsihes his goal never the less.

This last strip really makes me realize how many parallels there are between him and Prime's starscream. Nale Is utterly unable to take malack in a straight fight-- Heck, he Needed another heavy hitter to take out malack with that Dispel magic. But Nevertheless, *He* was the one to come up with and enact the plan even if he Needed help to do so.

Its so great to see examples of Characters who, despite being utterly weak in martial combat, can succeed with cunning.

Demolator
2013-07-31, 08:11 AM
Would that make Xykon like Megatron, then? (I don't watch transformers so I don't know)

Vinsfeld
2013-07-31, 11:32 AM
Would that make Xykon like Megatron, then? (I don't watch transformers so I don't know)

I think it would be Tarquin. Starscream is always trying to overthrow Megatron and take command of the decepticons. But, Nale doesn't seem to want to take control of just a continent, he wants the world.

F.Harr
2013-07-31, 12:59 PM
I think we could probably find a Greek ancestor to that character someplace.

Mutant Sheep
2013-07-31, 01:04 PM
I think it would be Tarquin. Starscream is always trying to overthrow Megatron and take command of the decepticons. But, Nale doesn't seem to want to take control of just a continent, he wants the world.This also takes into account the "Megatron letting Starscream live despite the constant power plays and betrayals".:smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

JCAll
2013-07-31, 06:02 PM
I think it would be Tarquin. Starscream is always trying to overthrow Megatron and take command of the decepticons. But, Nale doesn't seem to want to take control of just a continent, he wants the world.

So does that make Xykon Unicron, or are we saving that for the Snarl?

Anyway, rather than Starscream, I would peg Nale as Cobra Commander. Which is exactly like Starscream, only instead of always being a buffoon he occasionally takes the time out to remind us that's he's an incredibly dangerous buffoon.

krossbow7
2013-07-31, 08:17 PM
This also takes into account the "Megatron letting Starscream live despite the constant power plays and betrayals".:smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Exactly, i'd peg Tarquin as the megatron in this scenario too.