PDA

View Full Version : [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCIV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

KnightDisciple
2013-07-31, 12:38 AM
"They say that this isn't just a war anymore; it's the war. It's the last one that really matters, and the last one that will ever matter."

~ Anonymous Shinigami trooper, Killed-in-Action by Low-Level Hollow.

50 years ago, following the most ferocious assault on the Seireitei in history, the Menos vanished. Those few not slaughtered retreated back into the wastes of Hueco Mundo, licking their wounds and struck with an unshakeable fear of the Gods of Death. Their sworn enemies routed, the Shinigami slowly relaxed their guards as the final battle gave way to apparent peace, a true victory. Over sized and under worked, the Gotei 13 diminished to the Gotei 6 as the threat of the Menos seemed ever more distant every day. Many of the older captains left for retirement or were called to Squad Zero, as their presence was no longer required.

Then, the Menos struck again.

Under the command of a new, more patient leader, the Menos raised a great city, Las Noches, from the sands of Hueco Mundo, building their strength. For fifty years, they watched. Waited. Prepared. And when the time came, they struck. The forces of Las Noches ravaged the Outer Districts of the Rukongai, slaughtering their inhabitants and annihilating the Shinigami forces sent to stop them. Caught unawares against the mightiest army sent against them in more than a millennium, the Shinigami found themselves on the losing end of a vicious war.

And yet, the Menos themselves were not so united as they seemed. On the precipice of victory, Dainichi Nyoria, the Hollow King, was struck down by his foremost warrior, the Primera Espada Jehoel Yurius, and the war was pulled to a sudden halt. The Espada, now the ruling council of Las Noches, offered the Seireitei an unprecedented deal: peace in exchange for cooperation and recognition. Baffled, but with few other viable options, the Shinigami accepted the truce offered by Las Noches, and the Gotei has begun working with the Armada in order to purify spirits when possible and capture the resulting Hollows for rehabilitation when not. Despite concerns from both sides, the arrangement has thus far proven highly effective.

Yet, all is not well.

In the Seireitei, the former Captain Commander revealed herself to be an insane being of godlike power, claiming her identity as Izanami, one of the founders of the Seireitei...and the first Hollow. After her latest outburst she has remained dormant for weeks in her creation, the artificial arm of Hiraku Masaru, but it is only a matter of time before she acts once more.

The Mortal World, too, has its share of troubles. The Cult of the First Hollow King is rising in power; the Court is nearly freed in its entirety, and only the King himself remains in captivity. Any attempt to combat the Cult has been a dismal failure, and they have eluded capture or defeat by both the Shinigami and the Armada despite staging a daring attack on the Seireitei itself. The King's freedom seems inevitable; and from there, only the Cult itself knows what is to come.

The Quincy, too, stand divided. While they know not the details, the existence of the Shinigami-Arrancar alliance is becoming obviously clear to the various houses, and all have a different idea of how to proceed. With the Akiyama clan's power weakening, the Zerreißen Himmel, a violently pro-human group, is gaining power. It is only a matter of time before blood is shed.

Mikael Esaja Rautiainen, perhaps the most powerful Medium in history, has made friends with Jehoel Yurius. The actions of the disillusioned medium remain to be seen, but when he acts...the world will be forced to answer in turn.

Finally, the city of Ikari has seen an astonishing cluster of promising Mediums. And they might just change the course of history...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to BiTP:R2. This is a bit different, because we keep dying due to lack of action, lack of conflict, et cetera.

A few things before we begin.

You may be:

A Shinigami.
A Hollow.
A spiritually powered mortal.

But, keep in mind - this is a new war, that has occurred directly after peace. Even the captains are fresh, all the old ones either having been promoted to Zero Squad or retiring. In this war, there is no "Oh I don't like fighting" in the ranks that is loudly proclaimed. The higher ranks are oftentimes insane or fight so hard and often that they don't really consider others human anymore. Captains will make tough decisions all the time - send a favored subordinate to death, or doom a District to destruction? Kill one civilian to save a hundred, or try to save as many as you can?

It'll be pretty fun.

Here is an example of a low-powered foot soldier.

John Smith

Height: Average.
Weight: Average.
Side: Seireitei.

Appearance

The most generic of everymen.

Personality:
As generic as generic can get.

Abilities:

John is handy with a pike, and has some talent with Kido. Overall, he's pretty average.

[Write a bunch of stuff your character can do here. The more specific the better!]

Race Specific Add-ons:
Shinigami

Zanpakuto:

Example

Name: Muramasa

Release Command: "March, Muramasa!"

Appearance: An average sized katana, with a blade as black as the night sky. It faintly glints in the moonlight.

Shikai:

Appearance: The blade does not change, but the wielder gains a spectral cloak that floats around him/her.

Abilities: The wielder can now control up to eight nearby dead bodies, manipulating them to his/her will. The bodies retain full use of their abilities from life, and only stop when the wielder releases them from their tormented awakening.

Bankai: <NOTE: Most likely not applicable for anyone, even captains. You're a wartime Captain, a rapid promotion who has no real experience.>

Appearance:

Abilities:

Arrancar:

Zanpakuto:

Example

Name: Carpe Jugulum

Release Command: "Strike, Carpe Jugulum!"

Appearance: A small but sinister looking dagger.

Resurreccion:
[spoiler]
Appearance: The wielder is covered in armor, his/her eyes only barely visible beneath their new, three horned mask. They grow to a massive size, and their hands and feet can now work in unison in order to strike an opponent.

Abilities: The wielder has an exceedingly keen eye, able to strike with uncanny accuracy. They most often focus on the throat.

Segunda Etapa: <NOTE: Rare Rare Rare. Very few people can have this, unless they justify it really well.>

Appearance:

Abilities:

Da Rules:

Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633965&postcount=5)
Second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than Nexus. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first.
Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
Fourth, have fun!

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
TALK major fights over with your opponent!
This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
Don't argue in the OOC!
They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.
Shamelessly stolen from the Railgun OOC write-up, which you should all go check out and play.

Important Links
•OOC Thread 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252085)
•IC Thread (Spirit World) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287823), (Mortal World) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287821)
•Character Registry (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255986)

Episodes:
Episode 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290965)
Episode 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296046)
Episode 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310986)
Episode 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313629)
Episode 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319407)

Gaiden
Gaiden Episode 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290710)
Gaiden Episode 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290972)

Into the breach, dear friends.

KnightDisciple
2013-07-31, 12:42 AM
I couldn't help but notice you guys only crossed ONE of those out of the list.

Also, just because he's good at it doesn't mean he couldn't have used someone else's designs (or incorporated/customized said designs into his needs).

So... yeah.
It should also be noted that Michael explicitly improves more than he innovates. He isn't coming up with totally new things (transistors, silicon chips, etc) on his own, but rather observing Mortal innovations and finding ways to improve them.

Is this game is still recruiting?

Pretty sure it is, but asking to be sure.
Always! Just check our Character Registry (you can find the link right up there in the first post) for the sheet templates, as well as several example characters.

We do ask that you post your character in the OOC so we can give it a once-over first, just to help spot any minor grammar issues or whatnot, as well as discuss potential issues with story or power items.

EDIT: Also, touched up Michael's sheet (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15718479&postcount=1454) with some ability clarifications.

If I don't get any significant feedback tomorrow, I'm adding him to the Registry.

Demidos
2013-07-31, 12:55 AM
I haven't really commented on Micheal till now, but i'm just thinking he looks like at least VC standing if not captain. Shunko is (at least in canon) only achieved by two of the Captains, and 80s level bakudo AND kido is nothing to sneeze at. As far as I see, his weakest point (his Zanjutsu) is entirely negated by the fact that he uses and appears to be very proficient in shunko.

I'm not saying he's too strong, but it should be noted that he is very strong.

KnightDisciple
2013-07-31, 01:13 AM
I haven't really commented on Micheal till now, but i'm just thinking he looks like at least VC standing if not captain. Shunko is (at least in canon) only achieved by two of the Captains, and 80s level bakudo AND kido is nothing to sneeze at. As far as I see, his weakest point (his Zanjutsu) is entirely negated by the fact that he uses and appears to be very proficient in shunko.

I'm not saying he's too strong, but it should be noted that he is very strong.

I have been considering reducing his Kido competency somewhat.

As for Shunko, the idea is that his is a less complete version than what Youroichi or Soi Fon had; hence the explicit inability to use Kido, the lack of momentum cancellation, and the note about energy expenditure.

Tebryn
2013-07-31, 03:47 AM
Just posting to get a check mark.

Kuroimaken
2013-07-31, 08:22 AM
Anyone wanna play the guards at the gate?

Also, I think it would be funny if someone's low-level, stupid Fraccion attacked Setsurou outta the blue. There's fun to be had if one does. :smallbiggrin:

Dorizzit
2013-07-31, 09:24 AM
Anyone wanna play the guards at the gate?

Also, I think it would be funny if someone's low-level, stupid Fraccion attacked Setsurou outta the blue. There's fun to be had if one does. :smallbiggrin:

That would be suicide.

Kuroimaken
2013-07-31, 10:21 AM
On two fronts! Because I figure Jehoel wouldn't stand for it either.

I still would like to see it happen. FOR FUN.

KnightDisciple
2013-07-31, 09:48 PM
Okay, revised Michael's sheet (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15718479&postcount=1454) further still. Adjusted numbers and such in his Kido, toned down the level of skill I set that at, and added some clarifications in a few places.

If that all looks good, I'll put him in the registry tonight when I'm home from work.

Also, are any of my currently-active characters needed anywhere?

EDIT: Also, Dorizzit, how are you assuming the duel with Kiba completed?

Dorizzit
2013-07-31, 09:59 PM
Leaving it up in the air. Kiba winning was never even the most remote possibility. Originally one of horngeek's characters was supposed to come in and save him so...yeah. Basically, Kiba is either hospitalized in the Seireitei or dead, depending.

KnightDisciple
2013-07-31, 10:09 PM
Leaving it up in the air. Kiba winning was never even the most remote possibility. Originally one of horngeek's characters was supposed to come in and save him so...yeah. Basically, Kiba is either hospitalized in the Seireitei or dead, depending.

Fair enough.

Also, Terry, your post is super-prosaic and I'm confused what happened, not the least of the reasons being that Draken described Renee as behind a clear "glass" barrier and such, and you have them in the same room and such.

Terry576
2013-07-31, 10:10 PM
My posts are like that a lot now its all in good fun!

Izanami is pretty goddamn strong, and she already touched Reene before, as Draken acquiesced. I think me and Draken were both working under the assumption of Izanami just waltzed through the barrier using any of her many abilities, presumably Deathwalk or something. Basic rundown:

1. Best friends have a good hug!
2. Izanami releases her Zanpakuto which is crazy strong.
3. Izanami breaks the glass, and shatters Reene's chains.

KnightDisciple
2013-07-31, 10:15 PM
My posts are like that a lot now its all in good fun!

Izanami is pretty goddamn strong, and she already touched Reene before, as Draken acquiesced. Basic rundown:

1. Best friends have a good hug!
2. Izanami releases her Zanpakuto which is crazy strong.
3. Izanami breaks the glass, and shatters Reene's chains.
:smalleek:

So....uh....crap. This means Soul Society's about to have a fight on its hands, doesn't it. :smalleek:

Draken
2013-07-31, 10:44 PM

So....uh....crap. This means Soul Society's about to have a fight on its hands, doesn't it. :smalleek:

Not really. Reene is incredibly weak right now. And Izanami is nuts.

Terry576
2013-07-31, 10:53 PM
Izanami doesn't See The Queen of Hollows, she sees her dear old friend Reene Lucaster, who was so gentle and sweet and was her best friend forever.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-01, 01:34 AM
A lot also depends on whether Izanami heeds Li's wish to bring Reene to Seireitei.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-01, 08:45 AM

So. Can we assume a Setsurou by another guise and name saved Kiba's ass? :smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2013-08-01, 01:12 PM
Michael is now in the Registry. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15737179&postcount=60)

strawberryman
2013-08-01, 04:30 PM
An aside, I'm not sure why 'counterspelling' should be limited to shunko only. It might be the only thing supported by canon but it'd be easy to say a character has a great enough understanding of kido to stop a spell with an equal-level spell.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-01, 04:57 PM
An aside, I'm not sure why 'counterspelling' should be limited to shunko only. It might be the only thing supported by canon but it'd be easy to say a character has a great enough understanding of kido to stop a spell with an equal-level spell.

I would say Shunko gives a much easier, more instinctive counterspelling.

Doing a counterspell directly with Kido likely takes more effort and time, and may not be completed in time.

I say this only because counter-spelling is one of the big things Shunko does, so it shouldn't be super-easy to do it otherwise. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2013-08-01, 10:17 PM
And as an aside, Shinigami aren't supposed to HAVE to counter each other's tricks. A dissipation/dispel-like Kidou could come in handy for things like Cero and Bala, assuming you could get one out fast enough, though.

Dorizzit
2013-08-01, 10:18 PM
So. Can we assume a Setsurou by another guise and name saved Kiba's ass? :smalltongue:

No. For a variety of reasons.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-01, 10:44 PM
You're free to expound them over PM later, if you want.

strawberryman
2013-08-02, 03:34 AM
Well, I promised I wouldn't, but Misaki is seeing little enough interaction with Zarah around I figured I'd see if anyone had any interest in a prison-bound, possibly Maggot's Nest grade character, depending on if the penalty on researching (but not necessarily fully comprehending) forbidden kido is for srs.

I could see this character being recruited by any number of divisions (with oversight, obviously), from the obvious candidate in the SSI, to the new Barrier Division, to IntSec or Recon, it's really up to whoever has the guts to dig up her file and petition her release. :smalltongue:

Also, need a translation on her zanpaktou/her created kido. *prepares offering to the Kuroimaken*

Kobayashi Momoka
Height: 66in/167cm
Weight: 118lb/53.5kg
Station: None, detainee, former SSI member
Reiatsu: Like the tickling of flying leaves
Speech: #00CC99

Description:
Momoka is a moderate height woman, with a fit build and fair skin. What's most notable about her, however, are her immaculate dreadlocks, her many piercings (several on each ear, anti-eyebrow piercings on her left side, a stud through her right eyebrow, one through her right nostril, one to her left bottom lip, and quite possibly more out of sight), her tattoos (an elaborate sleeve on her right arm with vines, blowing leaves, and heavy mists, a recreation of Kobayashi Eitaku's painting of Izanami and Izanagi on her back, and a kyuubi tail along her left thigh to the bottom of her shin), and the strong scent of incense (and other scents) that permeates her presence.

Personality:
Momoka is... a mystery in many respects, but she has an extremely unconventional view of authority, which is visible by the modifications to her body. She doesn't completely ignore requests from authority figures, but she usually finds her own way to perform them, which in Japanese culture is nearly as infuriating as denying it. She has an extremely laid back and lackadaisical personality in most circumstances, but she also has a great love for pranks. She also has arguable ethicality with regards to conning people (she exploits people who buy into the rumors that she's a fortune teller). However despite her personality and love of tricks, she is remarkably driven, and somewhat deceptively insightful and cunning. If she has a scheme in mind for you, you had best hope she has good intent towards you.

History:
Much of Momoka's past before the academy is a mystery, and her story changes every time she tells it.

What is known, however, is that Momoka was a talented student, with excellent reiatsu control and notable prowess with kido. As such, she was a shoo-in to join the SSI. However, she was flagged for minor points of concern in her solitary yet manipulative personality, it had not yet come to any harm. Momoka was mostly of no note for most of her tenure, aside from achieving a senior researcher position for her developing new kido and applications of existing kido, specifically barriers. However, she was eventually caught sneaking into and perusing intensively classified (up to captain-level) information with regards to forbidden kido and other topics. It is not considered that she had time to master any of these kido before her detainment, given it would be of great ease to escape if she had, but given her propensity for trickery it is unknown for sure.
Momoka has mostly been a well-mannered prisoner for the last 30 years she'd been locked up, disregarding messing with guards with offhanded comments.

Story So Far:
N/A

Abilities:
Hakuda Initiate: Momoka is average in Hakuda. Her strength is sub-par.

Shunpo Intitiate: Momoka is slightly above average in shunpo speed and distance, but her precision with the art is uniquely greater than one would expect.
Utsusemi: Though not overly talented with Shunpo, Momoka is capable of leaving behind an afterimage for a few fractions of a second.

Kido Expert: Momoka is a kido expert first and foremost. She has most focus upon bakudo, but her hado is still of considerable strength. She is easily capable of eishohaki for spells of up to 40, and has created several kido catalogued by the SSI.
Crafted Bakudo:
Bakudo 29: Shadow Trade: The caster speaks the incantation or name once to leave behind a shadowy afterimage. Speaking it again trades the caster's current location with the shadowy image, a few moments after which the image disappears.
Bakudo 44: Misty Detachment: The caster can cause themselves or another to be held in an incorporeal, partially visible state where they are incapable of interacting with "physical" objects but are still able to move and view them. This manifests itself as a thin ghostly ribbon the caster wraps around themselves or the target. This state makes them almost entirely immune to harm until they remove the ribbon. Barriers are still capable of stopping the recipient of this spell.
Bakudo 48: Shielding Shadow: Much like Danku, but easier to perform. This dark barrier blocks hado of up to its level.
Bakudo 48: White Flame Spell Prison: This spell is created with the express intent of combining it with another kido, with or without incantation. The spell in question is held in place until the caster calls the number and name of the partner spell.
Crafted Hado:
Hado 50: Path of the Jade Dragon: "Scales of emerald spread to the west wind! Ivory fangs bared at black clouds to the south! Sapphire feathers rain on the eastern rivers! Ascending to the sky, pillars of green burn away the hateful sun!" A ball of green energy forms in the caster's hand just before a path of green pillars of flame explodes forth from them. The path continues forward and can be directed by moving the orb, and will do so until the caster lets go of the orb, at which there is an explosion of flame of greater size and height.
Hado 54: Black Flame of the Marsh: "The cauldron of hell bubbles, spewing forth its fumes. Black rain falls from the heavens. Smoke congregates on the mountains and spills forth into the valleys. Death cannot be escaped!" This spell creates a black, fiery orb of energy that moves slowly towards its intended target, leaving behind a burning black trail that harms any who pass through it. Contact with the ball creates a sizable explosion.
Hado 60: Breath of Cherry Blossoms: "Seasons travel east! The wolves of the north cry out! Tear forth, death of white!" This spell creates dozens of tiny balls of energy that dart forth immediately with lines of energy that pierce with deadly effectiveness. While not as destructive as most kido, it is nonetheless highly lethal if aimed right.
Reverse Incantation/Counter Incantation: With enough forewarning, Momoka can directly oppose a hado by casting the exact same spell in direct opposition to another. The degree of success depends on the strength and kido aptitude of the foe, but success results in the energies cancelling each other out. In addition, Momoka knows enough about the composition of kido to steadily unravel bakudo, even those that hold her, by breaking it apart efficiently with her own reiatsu.

Intelligence: Momoka is extremely intelligent, having passed the academy with ease and researched kido for many decades.

Great Perception/Insight: Momoka has considerable perception over the common shinigami, able to spot things most people cannot and see through illusions with alarming proficiency. She also has a great insight into people, that she can see beyond emotional facades and acts is the simplest degree of her insight, and it makes her keen at spotting someone in a lie.

Stealth: Even without her zanpakutou's abilities, Momoka is talented at going unseen and unheard.

Zanpakutou: [Ghostly Deciever]
Description: A standard length katana, with a leaf crossguard.
Spirit: A woman with a raccoon's tail and ears, who never seems to be in the same place for long.
Inner World: A vast, misty forest, with swamps and mountains ever at the distance.

Shikai: Hide from the world, [Ghostly Deceiver].
Description: [Ghostly Deceiver] dissolves into mist down to the hilt. The mist is nearly undetectable to the naked eye, but can cover a space of 10-15 feet, or can be split to include several areas of smaller proportion.
Powers: The mist created by [Ghostly Deceiver's] shikai can be mentally directed, and can be used to deaden senses in several ways.
Hiding Mist: If Momoka wishes, anything inside the mist generated by her shikai can be rendered nearly undetectable by sight, hearing, and even smell. Even Kaku****suijaku can fail to locate anything in the mist, but it is still capable of tracking a trail. Pesquisa is also foiled, failing to reflect anything from inside the mist.
Deceiving Mist: Secondly, Momoka can mirror almost anything in the immediate area of her mist, to create rudimentary illusions based on the environment. She may also duplicate reiatsu sources to make illusions more realistic, however the reflections face an obvious flaw in that they are passed through on touch and reflect nothing with Pesquisa.
Blanketing Mist: Finally, Momoka can channel the mist offensively, to a sense, in that she can almost completely deaden the senses of someone inside of it. Vision outside of the mist becomes intensely hazy and difficult to track, hearing becomes muffled, and smell becomes muddled. Pesquisa, reiatsu sensing, and the like are equally impaired.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-02, 07:34 AM
Oooo, that's a toughie.

For starters, we're dealing with kanji here. In order to create a sense of adjectivation, the only thing we've got to work with is word order.

The Japanese have a TON of terms for ghosts. Fortunately, they seem to have a single term for deceiving.

Deceive is azamu(ku), or gi. In order to apply that to a person, we would use -sha (which is another reading for "mono", or person).

Which kanji we use for ghost is a more complex matter. Most terms for ghost are compound words.

We could use "yuu", which is the first half of "yuurei" (ghost, specter, wraith).

So your options seem to mostly boil down to Yuugisha, or Yuuazamusha.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-03, 07:11 AM
Remember that throw-away comment I made of how Li has almost as great ability to play with life as 1st Hollow King? If things continue on the same tracks they have up to now, I'll make Li cash in that promise. :smallamused:

Kuroimaken
2013-08-03, 09:18 AM
I hope you didn't expect something different.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-03, 10:33 AM
I would've been more surprised if Koutarou hadn't objected to this plan in some manner.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-03, 11:36 AM
Li gives the implications a second or two to sink in. "As you should realize from this, Izanagi-soutaichou did not, could not voluntarily go to ask for help. He was taken. At this point, I seriously doubt he will come back before our current situation has resolved itself. He was the founder of Gotei. As such, he is immensely valuable to the King. I feel it is safe to assume he is now officially part of the Royal Guard, and will only act if the King directly orders him to."
I assume we're to interpret the bolded as meaning "if we all die horribly under a horde of Hollows". :smalltongue:

Draken
2013-08-03, 12:28 PM
I assume we're to interpret the bolded as meaning "if we all die horribly under a horde of Hollows". :smalltongue:

Working on it!

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-03, 01:05 PM

That's Li's interpretation, yes.

Tebryn's character (Saruhiko) might or might not be able to shed some extra light on it. ( *wink wink nudge nudge* Tebryn.)

strawberryman
2013-08-03, 05:16 PM
Assuming no further comments/complaints on Momoka, going to add her to the registry. Checking with Frozen, he is of the opinion that she would be in a secure prison underneath IntSec grounds, does that sound objectionable to anyone else, particularly IntSec members?

Kuroimaken
2013-08-03, 07:14 PM
I don't see reason against it, really.

Draken
2013-08-03, 11:05 PM
So, pragmatism may be speaking too loud here but.

What is so morally wrong with spreading the virus that gives super powers instead of madness on people who would otherwise be completely screwed?

I mean, other than the possibility of infecting hundreds/thousands/tens of thousands with an agent that could be manipulated by an unknown entity of unrecorded malevolence?

-----

Also, that post. So many memories.

Dorizzit
2013-08-03, 11:15 PM
I'm honestly confused as to what the modified virus would do. I can't think of any Shinigami ability that doesn't need formal training or equipment to use. The only inherent trait is high Reiryoku.

Draken
2013-08-03, 11:18 PM
I think the idea is that the virus would provide exactly that, the surge of reiryoku that differentiates a plus from a shinigami.

Edit: There we have it. Li doesn't care about these people s/he wants to contaminate the hollows through delicious spiritual power bait.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-03, 11:28 PM
What is so morally wrong with spreading the virus that gives super powers instead of madness on people who would otherwise be completely screwed?

It may give superpowers to hundreds, if not thousands of desperate, angry and/or vengeful people ill-prepared to handle the responsibility. And they will carry those powers to Earth as well, in the worst possible scenario.

What is not morally wrong with it? :smallamused:

Edit: There we have it. Li doesn't care about these people s/he wants to contaminate the hollows through delicious spiritual power bait.

Oh, Li does care of the people. Li just isn't blind to the inevitable logical repercussions of such maneuver. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2013-08-03, 11:44 PM
The most easily foreseen consequence of which is, of course, the creation of an "anti-Gotei" from the point of view of people who cannot understand what the organization is or was even like.

Dorizzit
2013-08-03, 11:58 PM
It may give superpowers to hundreds, if not thousands of desperate, angry and/or vengeful people ill-prepared to handle the responsibility. And they will carry those powers to Earth as well, in the worst possible scenario.

What is not morally wrong with it? :smallamused:

"That almost makes me want to massacre the Seireitei. The results would be fascinating."

KnightDisciple
2013-08-04, 12:05 AM
Man Draken, you dredge up Satoshi just to kill him? Thanks. :smalltongue:

Draken
2013-08-04, 12:10 AM
Man Draken, you dredge up Satoshi just to kill him? Thanks. :smalltongue:

Since when do wild drones kill?

strawberryman
2013-08-04, 01:09 AM
Momoka added to the registry! Also, mysteries!

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-04, 01:24 AM
I'm honestly confused as to what the modified virus would do. I can't think of any Shinigami ability that doesn't need formal training or equipment to use. The only inherent trait is high Reiryoku.

To give some rough idea:

For ordinary Plus souls or living people, it would be a very weak version of substitution. With time and training, they could then become proper Shinigami.

For ordinary Hollows or non-sentient Menos, it would just be a really round-about way of purifying them as the conflicting powers blow them up.

For sentient Menos, it would trigger the process of turning to Arrancar.

For ready-made Arrancars, the results are completely up in the air. This depends on how a) the natural process and b) the process invented by Dainichi Nyoria work. I'm waiting on you to detail either or both before even thinking of it.

For people infected with a different strain of Blanca Plaga, the results are weird.

For people who are already Arrancars and infected with different strain of Blanca Plaga, the results are weirder.

Other symptoms may include partial genetic memory inherited from Li and/or Izanami.

Oh, and Quincies die, no save. :smallamused:

Dorizzit
2013-08-04, 02:07 AM
For ready-made Arrancars, the results are completely up in the air. This depends on how a) the natural process and b) the process invented by Dainichi Nyoria work. I'm waiting on you to detail either or both before even thinking of it.

Tomorrow. I promise.

Edit: And thank you for clarifying, that makes a lot more sense.

Tebryn
2013-08-04, 07:07 AM
Tebryn's character (Saruhiko) might or might not be able to shed some extra light on it. ( *wink wink nudge nudge* Tebryn.)

I have some stuff on that. I just don't want to misunderstand the prompt and waiting for...when ever Li comes to the tavern. I think it's fair to move on with Division 0 without DoB at this point.

Draken
2013-08-04, 10:29 AM
To give some rough idea:

For ordinary Plus souls or living people, it would be a very weak version of substitution. With time and training, they could then become proper Shinigami.

For ordinary Hollows or non-sentient Menos, it would just be a really round-about way of purifying them as the conflicting powers blow them up.

For people infected with a different strain of Blanca Plaga, the results are weird.

For people who are already Arrancars and infected with different strain of Blanca Plaga, the results are weirder.

Other symptoms may include partial genetic memory inherited from Li and/or Izanami.

Latin languages put the adjective after the noun. It is La Plaga Blanca.

And for the most part, those few individuals who are infected carry a mother strain of the disease which is both stronger and by all means a vaccine against the lesser variants it spawns. And the mother strain also does exactly what the underlined section indicates.

Refer to Shiki Sora.

Those who are already arrancar would probably undergo nothing, I think. They are already shinigami,from an anatomical sense.

Non-menos would also probably undergo arrancarification, it doesn't take a menos to create an arrancar, just to create a human-looking one, I think.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-05, 04:01 AM
The new strain's failure to make weak Arrancars is mainly because Li is not trying to make them. Any creation of Arrancars is a) coincidental and b) not guaranteed to be safe.

This is sharp contrast to the safe & reliable method by Dainichi, which is why I'm waiting for Dorizzit to detail other processes to see if there would be any weird interaction. To give an analogue, there are many different paints you could use to make something red, but some of those paints might not mix well, or might create something explosive or poisonous.

Also:

Who had computers three, four centuries ago anyway?

My theory is that while those devices can archive and display information and pictures, they are neither electronic nor turing-complete. So while they perform a task we now associate with computers, they are not, in fact, computers in the modern sense.

They probably don't even use bits (1s and 0s). Rather their programming is some pictogram-based mess that would be a black box to any modern Shinigami.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-05, 10:13 AM
My theory is that while those devices can archive and display information and pictures, they are neither electronic nor turing-complete. So while they perform a task we now associate with computers, they are not, in fact, computers in the modern sense.

They probably don't even use bits (1s and 0s). Rather their programming is some pictogram-based mess that would be a black box to any modern Shinigami.

"It's a bloody mess, but if you spend any time actually programming you can suss it out. But Whitespace is more functional, so I tossed that crap out the door as soon as I figured it out. Also, you're all welcome for actually functional computers."

Demidos
2013-08-05, 01:23 PM
Back home now, so posting can resume full steam!

To give some rough idea:

Question: Wouldn't this throw off the balance of Souls? This may be me hallucinating here, but didn't the Shinigami have to destroy parts of the Rukon one time when many Hollows were killed by Quincies, to balance the Souls again? Presumably, that would hold for the reverse, no?

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-05, 01:37 PM
No. Pluses that would become Shinigami and Hollows that would be purified already exist on the "dead" side of equation. If anything, in the long term it would improve the balance as there would be more Shinigami to serve as mediators.

The original Plaga Blanca isn't a short-term threat to the balance either, as a mass outbreak on Earth is unlikely. (Mass outbreaks in spirit world are inconsequental.) Only in the really long term does it become threatening, as higher and higher proportions of people become Menos and cease to reincarnate.

5a Violista
2013-08-05, 02:01 PM
Speaking of La Plaga Blanca,
I had prepared a Human-NPC-throwaway character who was infected with it and essentially became a Hollow disguised as a human.

If there's anyone in the Mortal World who wants to fight against a Hollow, I'm up for having him get annihilated.
So, are there any mortal characters who haven't seen action lately?

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-05, 02:10 PM
Yes. Mikael. :smallbiggrin: (Dream sequences don't count.)

Also Tamaki, who I hope to drag into the situation. Hey AnimeKid, you reading this?

5a Violista
2013-08-05, 02:23 PM
Okay - so, what location do you want it to happen at? Preferably someplace more secluded. It would make more sense, then.

Maybe a low-key park, or an unused street (with alleyways, of course!) or a playground...
A playground sounds nice. There's room for tactical maneuvers.

Do you want me to start it now, or wait for AnimeKid to respond first?

Kuroimaken
2013-08-05, 05:35 PM
Hasunaga has technically not fought yet, either.

5a Violista
2013-08-05, 06:04 PM
Okay, so I'm back online and I finally put up that post.

Now, neglected Mortal-World people: go do something about it! Save the day, kiss the girl, and get put on the front page of the newspaper.
Or, do it as soon as you come back online.

Dorizzit
2013-08-05, 06:43 PM
Well, that took longer than it was supposed to. Anyway, Arrancarification writeup:

Arrancarification
It is unknown which Hollow first envisioned the removal of its mask in the hope of greater powers, but the theoretical existence of the process has been in existence for many centuries. Until recently, Arrancarification was extremely rare, as the process was very dangerous and carried no immediately obvious benefits. Dainichi Nyoria changed that; both with his new form of Arrancarification and by inspiring imitators. Arrancar are divided into two categories based on the process used to create them.

Natural Arrancar

There are two components required for traditional, or "Natural" Arrancarification: the physical removal of the mask, and the will to become an Arrancar. The physical act is usually accomplished simply by acquiring a sold grip on the mask and ripping it off as quickly as possible. Tearing off the mask is extremely painful and traumatic; most Hollows who attempt the process have their souls shattered and die. Significant raw power and sheer force of will are both required to survive the process and prevent the soul from splintering apart. During the transformation, which can take hours or even days, the Arrancar's body suffers seizures and its Reiatsu constantly fluctuates, spiking and dropping at random. If the Hollow is significantly different from a human in shape, its body will randomly (and painfully) eject unnecessary chunks of flesh or inhuman features such as wings or claws. Even after the process is survived, however, the new Arrancar's trials are far from over. Recovery from tearing off its mask can take the Hollow decades, and with Natural Arrancarification, an aspect of the Hollow is always lost in the transition. Some undergo personality shifts, losing one of their defining personality traits. Others lose access to one of their unique powers, or experiences a loss of scope or power in the same. Even after full recovery, the Arrancar will still possess less power than they did directly prior to their transformation. Weaker Hollows may become only partly human after the process.

Artificial Arrancar

In comparison to Natural Arrancarification, Artificial Arrancarification is very gentle. The process requires a specially trained Arrancar to perform the ritual, and a willing subject. The ritual aspect of Artificial Arrancarification is functionally identical to a Shinigami Kidō, although it would defy classification as such. The spell wraps the target entirely in bandages, binding it still and putting it into a deep state of hibernation. The length of the process is up to the caster; standard protocol in Las Noches is one week, the shortest absolutely safe period. Less than this, and the risk of damaging or killing the subject increases proportionately. As with Natural Arrancarification, Hollows of great power or will are in less danger; particularly strong examples can be safely transformed in less than a day. While cocooned, the Arrancar's mask is slowly disintegrated for the first half of the process. Afterwards, the body is eased into the shape of a human by the bandages in a manner similar to magically-assisted tree shaping. If the process is interrupted at any point, the Arrancar is ejected as a half-humanized Arrancar. If completed, however, the Arrancar will always be fully human in appearance, barring Estigma and their Hole. Immediately after emerging, the new Arrancar will experience an increase of spiritual power. This jump is larger the longer they spent transforming.

Commonalities

Apart from the obvious shifts in abilities (human form, Resurrección, etc.), Arrancarification offers three primary benefits. The first is a lifting of "immortal's haze," or a state eventually experienced by almost all particularly old beings that slows or eliminates their ability to grow stronger and develop their powers. This state can later be reentered, but Arrancarification offers a "reset."

Second, the Arrancar's potential for development skyrockets. With sufficient training or effort, the Arrancar can become stronger, faster, with less effort than they needed prior to their transformation. The ceiling for their power is also raised; a Hollow that had reached the absolute peak of its power prior to Arrancarification would have the ability to attain strength well beyond its previous limits.

Third, the Arrancar is freed from the instinctual behavior and hunger that drove it as a Hollow. While Arrancar can still feed on other spiritual entities to grow stronger, they are not compelled to by an incurable hunger. In addition, less of their behavior is dictated by their Aspect of Death; this is to varying degrees, from complete immunity to only a small change.

It is very likely that I forgot to account for something, but this is what I have. Feedback, as always, is good.

AnimeKid
2013-08-05, 09:05 PM
Yes. Mikael. :smallbiggrin: (Dream sequences don't count.)

Also Tamaki, who I hope to drag into the situation. Hey AnimeKid, you reading this?

I read you loud and clear Frozen. I had been out of the game for a little while because I couldn't really think of anything for Tamaki to do to keep himself busy except for train. However Violist has given me the opportunity to stretch my legs so to speak.

Actually is there anything really important that I should know about that happened? I've actually been losing some track of the game since it started shifting radically in a different direction from it's origin.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-06, 05:29 AM
Akai Ekibyõ (the Red plague)

Akai Ekibyõ is a modification of La Plaga Blanca. It shares its means of transmission and its persistence across reincarnations. However, the part of the disease that contained the essence of a Hollow, has now been replaced with essence of a Shinigami. So for their similarities, Akai Ekibyõ has very different symptoms.

There are two different strains of AE. Their particular idiosyncracies are dealt with below. The effects caused by both are as follows:

Living humans don't notice a difference. A near-death experience or encounter with a spiritual entity might trigger their latent powers prematurely, but usually they become Shinigami only after death. Unless trained, they will not become particularly powerful as such, or gain a zanpakuto.

Pluses instantly awaken spiritual power. Unless they seek help and training, they are likely to lose control of their powers and injure either themselves or others. At worst, the soul self-terminates and is reborn on Earth.

Shinigami experience a sudden increase in power. If they were at diminished capacity or wounded, this probably only serves to heal them. If they were at full capacity, the end-result is similar to overhealing via Kaido. At worst, the soul self-terminates and is reborn on Earth.

Ordinary Hollows experience a sudden increase in power, and change in anatomy, but lack spiritual integrity to survive it. The Hollow self-terminates, belching out a grotesque red butterfly (manifestation of the Hollow's soul) which will hopefully reincarnate as a Shinigami.

Non-sentient Menos survive the increase in power, but then the disease tries to bestow memories to them (see below). As there's no aware personality to receive it, the disease tries to awaken one. This causes a cascading reaction which makes all of the dormant souls awaken. The Menos is torn apart, belching out a flock of red and blue butteflies. Some of those will carry on the disease, some will not.

Sentient Menos can survive all steps of the disease, undergoing a phenomenom similar to natural arrancarification. It is very painful and leaves the Menos weakened as inhuman parts of their bodies are ejected.

Natural Arrancars register as Shinigami to the disease, and undergo similar effects. However, their bodies will always count as wounded. Over a long period of time, the disease will try to regenerate their hearth. What this process entails if completed is unknown.

Artificial Arrancars don't register as Shinigami, and the disease will try to grow a new Soul Chain and Soul Sleep for them, despite the Arrancar already having those. These new, excess organs will generate large amounts of Shinigami Reiatsu, which will likely exceed the body's ability to handle it. If nothing is done, the Arrancar's soul will self-terminate. This fate can be averted if the new intruding organs are cut out, but this runs the risk of damaging the Arrancar's own organs. (The cut-out organs will explode with considerable force.) The operation may save a life, but leave the patient powerless. If a way is found to let out the excess Reiatsu untill the body becomes accustomed to it, the new organs will eventually merge with the Arrancar's own, and the Arrancar will return to normal.

In any case, a person infected with the original Plaga Blanca is effectively immune to Akai Ekibyõ, and vice versa. Both diseases attach to same spiritual receptors and can not knock each other loose, so there is only room for one to afflict a person at a time. People infected with one disease can still be symptomless carriers of the second, but this only lasts for their current incarnation.

Additional effects: Strain I:

This is Li's first attempt at crafting this disease, combining the original La Plaga Blanca microbes with blood of Izanami-no-Mikoto. This strain is unstable and very likely to cause Reiatsu overload. It also contains traces of chemicals used to alter the disease, so the first generation of infectees will be subject to uncontrolled mutations and bodily changes, which will often result to them becoming more like Izanami in appearance.

More distressing than its physical side-effects, however, are the mental ones. The strain bestows upon its victim memories from Izanami herself (or any of her past incarnations), but these memories are fractured, scrambled and often non-sensical. These memories may emerge any time the infectee uses his newfound powers. At worst, they may lead to a full-blown psychotic episode, where the infectee thinks s/he truly is Izanami! These delusions can be treated with psychological counseling, but even after the infectee is convinced that no, s/he is not Izanami, other mental problems such as delusions of grandeur, heightened sense of importance, depression or mania are likely to persist.

However, sometimes something useful is filtered through this mess, and an infected person spontaneously comes up with an idea or skill Izanami might have had in the past. These fits of insane genius might allow them to reverse-engineer abilities and devices they otherwise have no knowledge of.

Additional effects: Strain Z:

This is Lis's second attempt, created using blood of Zheng Li Lin. Instead of being direct, mutated offspring of Plaga Blanca, the microbes have been synthesized in the manner of artificial souls with the original disease's transmission mechanism copied over to them. It is much less volatile, and takes significantly longer to generate dangerous levels of Reiatsu in the infectee's body. It may cause greenness of skin as chlorophyll is created in the infectee's bloodstream. Other side-effects may include sudden affinity for gardening.

After the strain is done with physical changes to a victim's body, it alters their brain slightly to create a new domain in their sub-conscious. This domain can be entered via dreaming or meditation, and appears as a large forested. This forests contains memories and teachings from Zheng Li Lin. At times, a remnant of Li may manifest as two wood-sprites, appearing as a young boy and girl of asian origin. These sprites may answer questions and teach to the infectee history and skills of the Shinigami. The knowledge one can accumulate this way roughly compares to Shinoreijutsuin curriculum. The whole wealth of Zheng Li Lin's experience is never available to a single person, with only the strongest memories and bits and pieces of others persisting.

However, trying to pry too deep via introspection might not be exactly wise. Spending more than an hour in the forest causes it to expand and consume more of the victim's mental space. Concurrently, the forest becomes darker and less homely, and the sprites become fickle and demonic in both appearance and personality. Anxiety caused by this forest may eventually spill into everyday life of the infectee, rendering them paranoid and afraid of trees and the dark.

If the infectee goes through proper Shinigami training, this mental domain is eventually subsumed by their sword spirit and loses revelance, but never completely disappears. A Shinigami who has acquired at least Shikai before contracting this disease will immediately recognize the forest as unnatural result of some intruding presence.

AnimeKid
2013-08-06, 05:35 AM
Wait, I'm a little confused. Was Tamaki wanted at the museum or the park? I mean I could try to have him grab both as training for himself. Shame Horngeek's not back yet. The reincarnation cycle is going to get screwed six ways from Sunday.

Dorizzit
2013-08-06, 06:39 AM
Just to clarify, Frozen, the described effect on Artificial Arrancar is in addition to the Arrancar's existing Soul Chain and Soul Sleep, yes?

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-06, 08:11 AM
Yes. This has been clarified. I also added description of effects specific to the different strains.

Rhyvurg
2013-08-06, 04:16 PM
So, I found the OOC thread again after the mortal/spirit world thread split finally. I don't know if anyone has bothered telling the Hollows this IC, but are they aware that their existence threatens all of reality, and killing them is necessary, and if they grow in number to much there won't be any humans left for them to feed on? They're self-defeating parasites who's slaughter helps preserve their own continued existence.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-06, 04:56 PM
At least Jehoel knows and considers a world of Arrancars and cessation of reincarnation as logical endpoints of existence.

Rhyvurg
2013-08-06, 05:30 PM
That is the goal of like 70% of anime villains. Cease innovation and progress, status quo is God, implying fear of the uncertainty of what may come.

Dorizzit
2013-08-06, 06:00 PM
So, I found the OOC thread again after the mortal/spirit world thread split finally. I don't know if anyone has bothered telling the Hollows this IC, but are they aware that their existence threatens all of reality, and killing them is necessary, and if they grow in number to much there won't be any humans left for them to feed on? They're self-defeating parasites who's slaughter helps preserve their own continued existence.

"Please. I haven't eaten a human since before you were born."

At least Jehoel knows and considers a world of Arrancars and cessation of reincarnation as logical endpoints of existence.
First: one of the main points of the Arrancar's proposal would that they would stop Hollows from attacking humans completely. The only time Hollows would be present in the Mortal World would be to capture newly-formed Hollows so that they could be taken to Hueco Mundo. This also takes pressure off of the Shinigami, who can focus on sending on trapped spirits and Jibakurei, meaning there are fewer Hollows created to begin with.

Second: The thought of all souls becoming absorbed into Hollows and creating a world locked in stasis is Jehoel's worst nightmare, and is something he would fight his absolute hardest to prevent.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-06, 06:45 PM
We, therefore, need a villain that will do exactly that, so that Hollows and Shinigami make an unlikely alliance and-- !

...man, I'm so devious.

Dorizzit
2013-08-06, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing that. The Shinigami and Arrancar truce actually happening would take the game in a very interesting direction.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-06, 06:55 PM
Man, if only there was a looming threat/faction that might soon have several very powerful members, including a couple of Arrancar made from Vasto Lorde Hollows, and a recruitment base among willing Mortals to make even more troops. Those guys might be a threat to everyone!

Kuroimaken
2013-08-06, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing that. The Shinigami and Arrancar truce actually happening would take the game in a very interesting direction.

If a very awkward one. :smalltongue:

Spacewolf
2013-08-06, 07:27 PM
Anyone waiting for me in any scenes? Except for the gate scene I'll wait for some of the others before posting in that one since Creons just going to bust down the door if someone hasn't done it by then.

strawberryman
2013-08-06, 08:29 PM
I echo KD's statement. In a less facetious manner. In that there is pretty much a faction that could do just that, even if they might be on temporary good terms with Las Noches thanks to Clovis. :smalltongue:

And also may be throwing wrenches into the whole peace thing already.

Dorizzit
2013-08-06, 08:46 PM
Well, it all depends on the will of the players. Jehoel, at least, will never have a particularly good opinion of Von Geister or anyone associated with him.

Draken
2013-08-06, 08:54 PM
Well, it all depends on the will of the players. Jehoel, at least, will never have a particularly good opinion of Von Geister or anyone associated with him.

"Oh, come on. Can't we reminisce the good old days? Tromping about the nascent dregs of the dead world in the wake of the Queen? Changing all that wasteland she left behind into the primordial ooze whose blighted fumes gave rise to all of our kind? Those were the days, I tell you Yurius!"

Dorizzit
2013-08-06, 09:01 PM
"Those were..."days," yes. That happened. In the past. You are correct on all accounts."

Kuroimaken
2013-08-06, 09:05 PM
I kinda miss the relationship between Geister and Rouga back in the last game.

Geister sure liked to kick at the old wolf's crotch though.

Draken
2013-08-06, 09:08 PM
I kinda miss the relationship between Geister and Rouga back in the last game.

Geister sure liked to kick at the old wolf's crotch though.

Could be worse.

strawberryman had one of his characters neutered in the first iteration.

My district 49 post had a callback to that, in fact.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-06, 09:13 PM
Could be worse.

strawberryman had one of his characters neutered in the first iteration.

My district 49 post had a callback to that, in fact.

Thank goodness for stronger-than-normal Hierro.

strawberryman
2013-08-06, 09:18 PM
He brought it on himself for crossing Hans Rojak.

Dorizzit
2013-08-06, 09:23 PM
Kch. Expecting something clever?

5a Violista
2013-08-06, 09:59 PM
Wait, I'm a little confused. Was Tamaki wanted at the museum or the park? I mean I could try to have him grab both as training for himself. Shame Horngeek's not back yet. The reincarnation cycle is going to get screwed six ways from Sunday.

Yes.

Either.

Both.

The scene at the Museum is a little paused, still. I don't know exactly why, though. Probably something to do with dramatic pauses.

However, he can be at both. In fact, I think Tamaki is wanted with Mikael right now. Soon afterwards, if they want, they can meet up with this Hollow of mine who I'll call The Puppeteer. (Because Shinigami seem to name Hollows based on their powers.)

So, then a question to you and Mikael: Do you two want The Puppeteer to come to you, or you come to The Puppeteer?

KnightDisciple
2013-08-06, 10:11 PM
He brought it on himself for crossing Hans Rojak.

Kch. Expecting something clever?

*KnightDisciple falls to the floor, twitching in reflexive fear.*

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-07, 01:11 AM
That is the goal of like 70% of anime villains.

Dorizzit ninjad me on this, but you misunderstood: Jehoel knows it, and considers it a logical endpoint of existence. That doesn't mean it is his goal. If anything, Jehoel is a thrillseeker. He's in this whole "dominance of Arrancars" business because it has never happened before, and thus consists a major change in status quo.

Man, if only there was a looming threat/faction that might soon have several very powerful members...

You mean the Quincies? *hopeful* Wait, you don't mean the Quincies. :smallfrown:

Of course, there is Mikael and the Royal Guard as well. Yes, the Royal Guard. It too is a looming threat, the question is merely to whom. :smallamused:

So, then a question to you and Mikael: Do you two want The Puppeteer to come to you, or you come to The Puppeteer?

The Puppeteer should be able to find Mikael, for the same reason Tamaki's watch is now going wild.

Mina Kobold
2013-08-07, 03:05 AM
The scene at the Museum is a little paused, still. I don't know exactly why, though. Probably something to do with dramatic pauses.

Personally, I am waiting for Hothead's player (Very sorry that I forgot who it was. Very very sorry. m(_ _)m) to post, since I haven't seen a post since Hothead got up on the ceiling. Since then, Miya has entered, Rin has stepped in between Hothead and Miya, Tamaki has entered, Tamaki has transformed and Tamaki has shot at Hothead.

Seems a bit rude to do much more without giving the Hollow a chance to react to anything. ^_^'

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-07, 05:12 AM
@Tesla & Demidos: waiting on you to continue the Dangai excursion.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-07, 06:42 AM
Also, because berry is likely wondering, the reason I'm so insistent about the underwater complex is essentially a big inside-joke. If you go check Google Maps, you can indeed find many places on the Pacific Ocean where there apparently are oddly rectangular or linear formations under the waves. There are sites dedicated to compiling these observations and wondering what they are. Last I checked, they're mapping artifacts, but who knows? Whole islands have gone missing (from maps and from nature) overnight. :smallbiggrin:

strawberryman
2013-08-07, 12:57 PM
Eh, whatever. Don't really care either which way. :smalltongue:

Lady Serpentine
2013-08-07, 01:06 PM
Personally, I am waiting for Hothead's player (Very sorry that I forgot who it was. Very very sorry. m(_ _)m) to post, since I haven't seen a post since Hothead got up on the ceiling. Since then, Miya has entered, Rin has stepped in between Hothead and Miya, Tamaki has entered, Tamaki has transformed and Tamaki has shot at Hothead.

Seems a bit rude to do much more without giving the Hollow a chance to react to anything. ^_^'

That would be me and wait, what? Who is Tamaki, and why did I not get told they'd be showing up when we asked that? (I mean, I'm okay with their presence, it's just... Odd.)

KnightDisciple
2013-08-07, 07:06 PM
OMG Setsurou's gonna be a Vizard! :smalltongue:

Dorizzit
2013-08-07, 07:10 PM
On a scale of 1 to excessively unlikely, that is impossible.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-07, 10:27 PM
OMG Setsurou's gonna be a Vizard! :smalltongue:

Can you imagine what his Hollow side would be like?

*pictures Setsurou as an actual, honest gentleman and shudders*

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-08, 03:13 AM
Positive drones for everyone! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GettingSmiliesPaintedOnYourSoul)

Spacewolf
2013-08-09, 09:09 PM
So what sort of numbers should Castus know about for Mod-Souls? Does anyone have a particular number in mind?

Note not in a state where i can post tonight, i'll post when i can tomorrow.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-09, 09:19 PM
Modsouls make up frontline fighters of SSI. Li's own estimate was "one division" if Gotei was to scrape the bottom of the barrell. The old Division were ~200 men in strenght. There could be more. Perhaps talk with Tebryn for number he had in mind when writing up Lab 7?

Tebryn
2013-08-09, 09:26 PM
In the thousands.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-09, 09:34 PM
That would be hilarous.

Also, something I came up for Berry's and Terry's amusement, and thought to share with all of you. If this story was one of my tabletop games, I would base the course of the game on the following:

Mikael is (roll 1d8 or choose one):

1. Time-displaced reincarnation of Izanagi
2. Time-displaced reincarnation of Jehoel
3. Reincarnation of the Soul King, who has died in secret
4. Actual arch-angel Mikael
5. Manifestation of the World's soul
6. Reincarnation of the Quincy Emperor
7. Reincarnation of Von Geister, who has died in secret
8. Satan

He will herald demise of (roll 1d12 or choose one):

1. Gotei
2. Royal Guard
3. Soul Society
4. Las Noches
5. Hueco Mundo
6. Human civilization
7. Earth
8. Jehoel
9. Izanami
10. Von Geister
11. The Universe
12. Roll again twice, ignoring this result

Because of (roll 1d6 or choose one):

1. something he will do.
2. something he won't do.
3. something Shinigami will do in response to him
4. something Hollows will do in response to him
5. something mortals will do in response to him
6. roll again twice, ignoring this result.

Berry rolled 6,8 and 5, which would actually be one of the more plausible combinations: having found their Emperor, the Quincies reunite and lay waste to Jormungand, the blight of their people. Feel free to comment on this idea, or roll for yourself. :smallcool:

Dorizzit
2013-08-09, 09:39 PM
"I believe that modern vernacular for the described scenario is 'come at me, bro.'"

Tebryn
2013-08-09, 09:43 PM
That would be hilarous.

Also, something I came up for Berry's and Terry's amusement, and thought to share with all of you. If this story was one of my tabletop games, I would base the course of the game on the following:

Mikael is (roll 1d8 or choose one):

1. Time-displaced reincarnation of Izanagi
2. Time-displaced reincarnation of Jehoel
3. Reincarnation of the Soul King, who has died in secret
4. Actual arch-angel Mikael
5. Manifestation of the World's soul
6. Reincarnation of the Quincy Emperor
7. Reincarnation of Von Geister, who has died in secret
8. Satan

He will herald demise of (roll 1d12 or choose one):

1. Gotei
2. Royal Guard
3. Soul Society
4. Las Noches
5. Hueco Mundo
6. Human civilization
7. Earth
8. Jehoel
9. Izanami
10. Von Geister
11. The Universe
12. Roll again twice, ignoring this result

Because of (roll 1d6 or choose one):

1. something he will do.
2. something he won't do.
3. something Shinigami will do in response to him
4. something Hollows will do in response to him
5. something mortals will do in response to him
6. roll again twice, ignoring this result.

Berry rolled 6,8 and 5, which would actually be one of the more plausible combinations: having found their Emperor, the Quincies reunite and lay waste to Jormungand, the blight of their people. Feel free to comment on this idea, or roll for yourself. :smallcool:

It almost makes me want to snag Horngeek's Quincy arc, considering it's not likely he'll be back.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-09, 09:47 PM
"I believe that modern vernacular for the described scenario is 'come at me, bro.'"
*Chuck calmly lines up a bead on Jehoel's eye from 1 mile away*

It almost makes me want to snag Horngeek's Quincy arc, considering it's not likely he'll be back.
Well, maybe back. Depends. He's disappeared for a while before. Hopefully he's okay in RL at least.

Still, I'd like to see SOMETHING happen there. Problem is, basically all the Quincy players besides myself and Berry up and disappeared for one thing or another.

Dorizzit
2013-08-09, 09:51 PM
*Jehoel is now behind Chuck.*

"Adorable."

5a Violista
2013-08-09, 09:59 PM
Hey, I'm still here. Unfortunately, my character is caught by the wiles of Disciple of Bob's character.

I should play him again, though. I just don't know where to put him.

Speaking of characters who are trapped in communication with other people's characters...Nicole is "currently" in a conversation with another of Disciple of Bob's characters.

I would like to play her again. However, the result of the conversation will determine what will happen to her: whether she stays in the Combat Division or not.

Oh, wait! I have an idea. I could have her be doing something that could be feasible regardless of whether she gets kicked out of the Combat Division or not: I could have her leaving Seireitei, quitting being a Shinigami. Then, someone stops her right before she leaves the gate.

For Mikael, I rolled: 4, 9, 6(6(1,1),2)

So: Mikael is actually the Arch-Angel Michael. He came here to destroy Izanami. This happens because of 2 things that he does and 1 thing that he doesn't do.
So then the next question is: What are the 2 things that he will do and what is the 1 thing that he won't do?

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-09, 10:04 PM

I personally have no idea what that arc would've even been like. Would it even be exclusive with Kaiser Mikael? :smallbiggrin:

Draken
2013-08-09, 10:07 PM
I rolled twice.

The first came as 7, 7, 3. Amusingly. Reincarnated Von Geister who destroys earth due to the deeds of the shinigami.

The second came as 1, 12 (1, 8), 2. Time-displaced Izanagi who destroys Jehoel and the Gotei by doing nothing.

Tebryn
2013-08-09, 10:07 PM
I personally have no idea what that arc would've even been like. Would it even be exclusive with Kaiser Mikael? :smallbiggrin:

I don't either, he never sent me anything about it. It's safe to say I personally wouldn't make it exclusive.

Dorizzit
2013-08-09, 10:08 PM
The dice have it in for Jehoel, it seems.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-09, 10:19 PM
For Mikael, I rolled: 4, 9, 6(6(1,1),2)

So: Mikael is actually the Arch-Angel Michael. He came here to destroy Izanami. This happens because of 2 things that he does and 1 thing that he doesn't do.
So then the next question is: What are the 2 things that he will do and what is the 1 thing that he won't do?

Hehehe, that's pretty neat as well. So many ideas. XD

Draken's results made me laugh as well.

5a Violista
2013-08-09, 10:27 PM
From what I gather from Horngeek's Quincy Arc, it went like this:

1. Quincies get established in the story.
1.5. One of Horngeek's Quincies discovers the ability for Quincies to fire Purifying Arrows.
2. Quincies ignite into civil war. The original plan was to simply be Pro-Shinigami vs Anti-Shinigami.
When all the Quincy Houses became more fleshed out, it turned out to be more of "These Guys" vs "Those Guys", with nothing personal - just business.
- The head of Horngeek's Quincy house would be assassinated by a rival clan.
- The Belenus House would fracture into 3 and would fight among themselves. The French family would probably ally themselves with the Japanese clan, with some disagreements. The Portuguese family would initially fight against them, and would suffer severe losses (The French family, too). Then, the Italian family will betray the other two and become the leaders of the Belenus Clan. The Italian family would probably ally themselves with the German Business Clan.
- I figure the American family would remain fairly independent, but would be more against the Japanese Clan, because they want to ally with the Shinigami.
- The Australian Family would be...Australians, I guess.
3. The end result is a Quincy Civil War which draws in spiritual beings (Shinigami, Arrancares, and Spiritual Humans) who probably ally with and fight against both sides.

At least, that's what I could deduce about what was going to happen. It would be nice to pick it up again.

(Imagine if you rolled a 7 then a 10: Mikael's Von Geister's reincarnation who destroys Von Geister. Actually, he could destroy an imitation of his previous reincarnation, who originally assassinated Mikael and pretended to be him)

KnightDisciple
2013-08-09, 10:30 PM
- The Australian Family would be...Australians, I guess.:smallcool::smallcool:

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-09, 10:41 PM
That much could conceivably happen before Kaiser Mikael becomes known. We'll see if Horngeek gets back.

[
(Imagine if you rolled a 7 then a 10: Mikael's Von Geister's reincarnation who destroys Von Geister. Actually, he could destroy an imitation of his previous reincarnation, who originally assassinated Mikael and pretended to be him)

It could also be stable time-loop, where Mikael ensures his own existence through killing Von Geister. Hey, canonically Dangai does allow for time-travel. :smallamused:

Draken
2013-08-09, 10:56 PM
Von Geister's final words would likely be keikaku doori.

I mean, he's had what. 320 millennia to plot his escape? At some point his plan might just have become an exercise in outlandish causality.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-09, 11:19 PM
Might anyone be amused by my creating a Quincy character?

Also, how did people like Setsurou's display of crazy art?

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-09, 11:20 PM
Might anyone be amused by my creating a Quincy character?

Also, how did people like Setsurou's display of crazy art?

That was pretty awesome stuff there.

strawberryman
2013-08-09, 11:37 PM
I should note I have a crazy quincy assassin who would totally assassinate the head of HG's Quincy House. Or pretty much anyone. Of course Zarah has also been AWOL.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-10, 07:07 AM
I should note I have a crazy quincy assassin who would totally assassinate the head of HG's Quincy House.

DOOO EEEET!

Spacewolf
2013-08-10, 11:06 AM
In the thousands.

Since Frozen said that would be hilarious should I assume that's a joke?

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-10, 11:15 AM
It would be hilarious if it is true. How close it is to truth is up to you. :smallbiggrin:

strawberryman
2013-08-10, 02:12 PM
DOOO EEEET!

I would, but it depends on one person who has been gone and possibly another. If someone takes over HG's plot, by all means, I can plot with them, and I suppose if Zarah doesn't show his face I could make some plot points of my own. :smalltongue:

Tebryn
2013-08-10, 04:12 PM
Since Frozen said that would be hilarious should I assume that's a joke?

It would be hilarious if it is true. How close it is to truth is up to you. :smallbiggrin:

No. It's not a joke. The S.S.I has been producing them for at least 300 years if not longer with no incentive to stop. They're not used in day to day practice so the numbers aren't something the rank and file soldier is going to be aware of, have any hope or ability track let alone stop. Considering the S.S.I has labs scattered throughout not just Soul Society but the Mortal World as well I'd say the estimate of "In the thousands" is rather conservative. The S.S.I has been run by an ideological sect of Sorcerer God Priests for over a thousand years, an army of 100% loyal combat ready warriors who are as easy to replace as a Dixie Cup is probably the least of Soul Societies worries.

Spacewolf
2013-08-10, 04:33 PM
Guess Castus is only showing him one division of Mod soldiers then.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-10, 04:53 PM
Oh man, I can imagine Li's face already. :smallbiggrin:

Kuroimaken
2013-08-10, 05:08 PM
Oh man, I can imagine Li's face already. :smallbiggrin:
In all likelihood, it'd look a lot like a kid in a candy store's, complete with laser tag and a bunch of his friends over.

Spacewolf
2013-08-11, 03:43 PM
Huh spirit beings carnt be hurt by normal weapons?

Dorizzit
2013-08-11, 04:08 PM
Spirit beings can phase through physical matter. Like walls. Or bullets.

Spacewolf
2013-08-11, 04:13 PM
Can they? Why do people always come in though Ichigos window then?
Easy enough to deal with anyway

Draken
2013-08-11, 04:15 PM
I think they are usually in gigai when they do.

Rukia's first entry into his house was by phasing through the wall. It appears to take a bit of focus to perform.

Spacewolf
2013-08-11, 04:19 PM
Huh never really noticed that.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-12, 03:33 AM
It's not that simple, though. Chad could hit shrieker with a lamppost, before he had even developed ability to see spirits. Remember, physical items do have their own spiritual nature too.

My own interpretation is that a spirit, if forewarned, can let earthly items pass through them. If they don't get such warning, or their opponent is a Fullbringer, well...

It's not lack of destructive capacity that mortal weapons lack, though. Once you move past infantry weaponry, to the realm of tanks, fighters and artillery, they compare well to spiritual powers. Though even a hunting rifle or a sword would pose threat to an ordinary Hollow or unseated Shinigami.

Demidos
2013-08-12, 09:19 PM
Wait, Dorizzit, OUTSIDE the Districts of the Espada? You mean we can murder random minions as long as we're within our own borders? Heyyyyyy, well that changes things...

*scribbles notes*

Dorizzit
2013-08-12, 09:53 PM
I apologize if I didn't make it explicit, but Espada have absolute control within their districts. Their laws apply to anyone who willingly enters the district.

Demidos
2013-08-12, 11:52 PM
The whole "willingly" is a bit sad, but I'm starting to remember why I voted for you. :smallbiggrin:

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-13, 10:44 AM
Why is Izanami asking Mikael to make the choice for mankind? He is a white, hetero male. That privileged pig has no business deciding for anyone.

:amused: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dI6mPDCqEo)

5a Violista
2013-08-13, 11:04 AM
I apologize if I didn't make it explicit, but Espada have absolute control within their districts. Their laws apply to anyone who willingly enters the district.

Here's Valentina's laws that differ from the normal Las Noches rules:

1. Harassing an ally warrants a trial.
2. Murderers will be handed over to Las Noches enforcers.
3. Plotting a murder is grounds for temporary banishment.
4. Lying merits the death sentence or exile, after a brief trial.
5. Breaking your word merits immediate execution.

As you can see, it runs in order of least serious to most serious.

Terry576
2013-08-13, 11:18 AM
Why is Izanami asking Mikael to make the choice for mankind? He is a white, hetero male. That privileged pig has no business deciding for anyone.

i am being triggered

Kuroimaken
2013-08-13, 11:56 AM

Frozen, don't make me slap you silly for saying that crap, even in jest.

Seriously, just don't.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-13, 01:12 PM
Oh no! Don't touch my face!

Oh wait. Actually, do touch the face. Go ahead. I'm waiting. :tongue: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dI6mPDCqEo)

Kuroimaken
2013-08-13, 01:15 PM
I am NOT indulging in your masochistic tendencies, you psycho. :smalltongue: Maybe if you were a girl.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-13, 10:06 PM
FYI Spacewolf, I'm trying to wait on strawberryman's reply to Mike before I reply to Castus.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-14, 12:46 AM
Kuroimaken, feel free to move back to Episode 1 when you're ready.

Spacewolf
2013-08-14, 11:50 AM
FYI Spacewolf, I'm trying to wait on strawberryman's reply to Mike before I reply to Castus.

Makes sense her tech will probably be an important topic after all.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-14, 12:06 PM
Makes sense her tech will probably be an important topic after all.

It's more a question of what sort of mood he'll be in.

*Pokes Strawberryman for response*

dancrilis
2013-08-14, 12:20 PM
Hi all just a heads up, as mentioned a while ago I was thinking of leaving the game.
And while I have been checking in I have just been unable to pull together something to write - as such I will move the characters to the background.

I will write up a final post for Lucita (to unlock the hospital) I am assuming that her cure worked as no one has posted that it would not, but that will likely be me for a while at least.

If anyone cares about the characters here is the deal:
Lucita: had taken Karia and does not realise that she is being slowly possessed - when Sho was unconscious the blade tested itself, and now it sees a way of being free with a body of its own.
Sho: would actually be trying to get her mind together and master a few techniques - such as reverse Kaidō to steal power.
Jou: is in a coma.
Tarriz: would take a long time to recover - and is still partially infected with Karia as a home away from home.
Nana: The spoilered story was initially going to be correct here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15315424&postcount=145) but I see that someone else is running with a similar idea. This character was never going to show it though.
Karia: The most powerful (and perhaps only) corruption type Zanpakuto - it sought nothing less than to tear the universe down and remake it in its own image - and rule over a dystopia for eternity where free will was allowed only to allow beings to understand the misery they were in and how something had decided to inflict that on them deliberately.

Anyway it was fun for a while - but I have been going through the motions for a while and the game deserves better than that. Hope you all enjoy it.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-14, 05:47 PM
Well that's too bad. I was kinda looking forward to having Koutarou leash Sho like a puppy.

You're welcome back anytime you want to come back, dancrilis.

5a Violista
2013-08-14, 05:59 PM
See you later - it was fun Roleplaying with you!

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-14, 09:56 PM
Oh drat, who am I going to delegate all Med&Log business now?

Terry576
2013-08-14, 11:25 PM
So, Cardian, I think you should join the Classic Universally Loved Tenants!

(the cult)

KnightDisciple
2013-08-17, 10:30 AM
My home PC internet is not behaving, so I likely won't be able to post much until I chokeslam Comcast into fixing it.

Demidos
2013-08-17, 01:28 PM
....Is it bad that my first thought was "Get NPC internet?"

....maybe I should go back to sleep again....

:smallsigh:

5a Violista
2013-08-17, 05:50 PM
No, it's not that bad. Probably not any worse than when I first arrived on this site. Everyone kept on talking about how PCs cause problems and how how, when they did this strange ritual called GMing, whatever that meant, their PCs would always act up and break stuff and die.

I would then think "Why don't you just get a Mac?"

Then I found out what PC meant, and I laughed at myself.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-19, 05:31 AM
Terry, Li is calling Sally in Episode 1.

5a Violista
2013-08-19, 07:19 AM
Hey, I‘ll be out of town for the week, so I won‘t be able to post. What that means is Valentina will just stay out of any action in Las Cuevas-feel free to skip her.

I‘m sorry to everyone inconvenienced because of this.

Demidos
2013-08-19, 11:28 AM
That should be fine. We'll have her guard the entrance or something. Have fun wherever!

Terry576
2013-08-21, 08:34 PM
Sooo, I'm sort of trapped with Sora, because I promised to go to school, and well, we're sort of... not there.

Whoooo wants to start up a super special funtime school day in MW?

Dorizzit
2013-08-21, 08:36 PM
I'm game, if Naito can fit in.

Draken
2013-08-22, 12:39 AM
Whew.

Reene Lucaster, Queen of Hollows
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Association: Court of the First Hollow King.
Aspect of Death: Desolation.
Mask Fragment: Reene's stigma is a discreet white necklace. Quite easy to mistake for a simple accessory. Her hollow hole is located where her navel would be.
Reiatsu: An olive aura with flickering specks of silver like a cloud of flies swarming within it. Reene's reiatsu inspires dread and a loss of conviction in those who feel the weight of her wrath. Reene's reiatsu is not lethal, but the emotions it instills may lead to questionable choices.

Description:
Reene has an imposing presence and a beautiful visage with long, straight black hair that reaches down to her waist and olive-tinted, imperious eyes, along with fair, white skin with no marks nor scars.

At present, her wardrobe consists of a shinigami shihakusho worn fully closed, with her zanpakutou wrapped around her waist like a belt and her stigma concealed by the clothing. Truth be said, she can't be told apart from a shinigami in this attire.

Personality:
Regal. Poised. Matronly. Bitter. Resentful. Driven. All too often has Reene had to suffer losing everything and everyone she loved and lived for. A millennium of disgrace did she need to endure at the hands of shinigami. But she never lost sight of the final goal.

And now, she is free to rebuild her family and her realm.

Reene enjoys a variety of pastimes. She likes to teach others what she knows, tell stories, as well as make minor crafts.

History:
Spoilers. Spoilers. Spoilers.

1500 years ago, Reene was Queen of Hollows, leading the court with her husband and their knights, as well as a small cadre of other loyal courtiers.

That changed when the shinigami took war to them. The court was defeated, and its most dreadful leaders imprisoned so that their secrets could be learned.

From her prison, without consent, Reene taught the shinigami to builds functioning souls from their least shards, but in time, her prison was abandoned, and without caretakers to supply her with needed nourishment, Reene was forced to turn herself into an arrancar to avoid starving to madness. With the barest freedom to move, weakened by hunger and with no company but mindless larvae to keep her company, she spent the following four centuries in introspective darkness.

Story So Far:
Lets see... She was broken out of prison by Death. Spoke to and gave a ring to Mikael. Held down her rampaging children in district 49 north. That is it for now!

Abilities:
Reene is an arrancar of the vasto lorde class, as such she has access to a number of standard combat and utility techniques, such as Cero, Bala, Hierro, Sonido and Garganta. She possesses a potent regenerative ability as well. She has great skill at both armed and unarmed combat, and boasts considerable physical strength, agility and resilience.

Enjambre (Swarm): Although she must release her resurrección in order to create eggs, Reene retains absolute control of her brood (larvae and drones) at all stages of release. Although limited in what their intellects can do, larva and drones can be given relatively complex orders to follow in the absence of Reene's all-encompassing will. She cannot control her children unless she is on the same plane as she is, but any standing orders remain until altered.

Arena de Plata Silver Sand: Argent dust blows in the wind at Reene's beckoning, the sands of Hueco Mundo, the ground dust of the hopes and dreams of millions of souls, cut short by the unleashing of horror in ages past.
This silver dust can fill the air and move viciously at Reene's command, and even assemble into solid objects should she wish, always with a silver sheen, although she can't make anything too large that it couldn't be blown by the wind move by her will alone, except to disassemble it back to dust. The silver sands once summoned do not simply disappear, but Reene usually has the decency to clean up after herself.

Zanpakutou: Gandra (Arid Land)
Release Command: Scour
Gandra is a long, flat white weapon with blades on both sides and on its tip, forming a long edge. It is segmented and can stretch out into a long whip-sword with proper movements from its wielder, the segments held together by chains. The hilt is wrapped in pale leather the same color as the core of the weapon.

Resurrección:
A heavy carapace covers Reene's body, her face is mostly hidden by an eyeless maw with a threefold lower mandible, her hair falling down behind the frill of the monstrous head, her body is visible on her underside, feminine curves accentuated by white carapace, but legs and arms fused into the animalistic form. Six long insectile limbs provide her with mobility ad weaponry, as well as two pairs of membranous wings. Trailing behind her is a segmented tail tipped by a mouth-like structure surrounded by six sharp claws.

Enjambre (Swarm): While Released, Reene can expel cadres of eggs from which her larva arise. She produces dozens of such eggs over the course of a month, and invariably needs to release them periodically. Eggs hatch at her mental command or when a creature approaches them, should she be away, releasing the larva within to try and take over a host to convert into a loyal drone.

Larva are soul fragments with a minor link to Reene's own power. Her state of health is reflected on the larva and their capabilities. When she is weakened, or when they are separate from her by planar boundaries, they become unable to take over hosts past a certain threshold of spiritual power. A larva resembles a large, bone-white, ten-legged spider with a vertebrae-like tail in place of an abdomen. They latch to the head of the host to convert it them into drones. Although simple and primitive, Larva are considered hollow souls by powers that check for such. When a larva is killed, it does not normally vanish, merely spilling silver sand into the area and lying still on the ground until removed in some manner.

Drones resemble their hosts, but covered in insectile white plate, with smooth heads bearing no features but a lipless mouth full of teeth. A long, prehensile tail trails behind them. Drones retain use of ay abilities and knowledge of the host, but without Reene's input they invariably resort to feral instinct to survive. The transformation brings with it a minor boost in reiatsu, speed, strength and resilience and even the ability to employ Sonido and fire balas with adequate proficiency. A drone is capable of transforming into the form of its host.

Any attack capable of purifying hollows frees the host from the larva control, excising the powers of the drone. Other attacks kill the host is used when the drone is not in its plated form, but free the host when the drone plate is destroyed. Attacks that destroy the soul invariably destroy the host.

Segunda Etapa: Reina Madre
Reene has it, but I am getting kinda tired right now.

Demidos
2013-08-22, 01:07 AM
Special notice to CAVES OF DEATH people, aka most of the Espada and Fracciones:

Go ahead and post reactions. The last thing that happened was the various arrancar were introduced and the king was described.

Kerfluffle is off the hook. The rest of you (us :smallredface: ) are on to post, except Valentina.

Edit: In the upcoming combat, i'll share control of the opponents to keep Delusion, well...sane.

Just a heads up for clarity.

Spacewolf
2013-08-22, 06:48 AM
Didn't I already post since Delusions last post? Creon is enjoying the stand off at the moment.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-22, 08:55 AM
I think Hasunaga could stand to give Katsuo a bigger hand understanding himself.

Who wants to see the teaching techniques of a war vet? :smallbiggrin:

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-24, 03:48 PM
God damn it Terry, have Nami-chan react to the phonecall somewhere. :smalltongue:

Terry576
2013-08-24, 03:56 PM
God damn it Terry, have Nami-chan react to the phonecall somewhere. :smalltongue:

Nami-chan is about to go visit Li, her soul phone is out of soul batteries.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-24, 04:25 PM
Fair enough.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-25, 08:22 PM
So is the whole "Renee unleashes her spiritual pressure" thing supposed to get all hands on deck, or is that actually supposed to just be Li entering that scene?

Draken
2013-08-25, 08:40 PM
It's all hands on deck. Pretty much.

If Li doesn't show up outright, she is going to say that she has an appointment with Li.

Also, she's got Death/Sally/Izanami/Crazy Lady next to her.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-26, 10:59 AM
I'm delaying Li's appearance just so someone can job to Reene and/or Izanami if they really want to. :smallamused:

Kuroimaken
2013-08-26, 11:10 AM
Weeeeeeell... I suppose that WOULD give Koutarou something to do before he deployed those orders...

KnightDisciple
2013-08-26, 11:16 AM
I'm delaying Li's appearance just so someone can job to Reene and/or Izanami if they really want to. :smallamused:

Man, Masaru's deploying, but despite the unfounded slander against the Pack, he's not stupid enough to just charge in.

...Now, if Koutarou charged in, Masaru would totally charge in beside him, which, you know. 2 jobs for the price of 1, eh?

Kuroimaken
2013-08-26, 11:22 AM
Well, you know what they say...

...it's the commander's job to show he's got massive brass.

Terry576
2013-08-26, 03:25 PM
"For what it's worth, I do believe she's telling the truth. Backed by Izanami-sama no less."

Cat's out of the bag to the world at large. Everyone can react however they choose!

Kuroimaken
2013-08-26, 05:45 PM
I cannot find the point in hiding it. With the way Sally/Death/OHFORGODSSAKETERRYPICKANAMEALREADY behaved, in front of a crapton of people, someone was bound to ask anyway. And eventually someone would get to the right answer.

This just spares us the fuss, and it's not as if Sally wasn't being chummy enough with Hollows already. Her talk with Jehoel when he dropped by was one stone's throw away from "hey, let's grab a couple of beers and blow up mountains for old time's sake".

Kuroimaken
2013-08-26, 05:46 PM
Besides, Koutarou had already mentioned at least one schizo in the party. Now everyone just knows who it is.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-26, 09:56 PM
Why yes, Masaru is telling Death Herself to calm down! Because if there's one thing you learn in the Pack it's suicidal bravery, and he figures if she's all "The Queen of Hollows is my gal pal" he suddenly doesn't care if she likes him or anything. :smalltongue:

Terry576
2013-08-26, 10:14 PM
Sally/Death/OHFORGODSSAKETERRYPICKANAMEALREADY

Nami was always Nami in my head, but only a few people actually knew it.

Don't worry KD, Izanami likes her men suicidal~

TherianTheorist
2013-08-26, 10:31 PM
Just letting everyone know, I finally finished reading through the first IC thread, and the mortal world thread, now to catch up on the spirit world thread.

Edit: and finish a character so I can get to actually participating.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-27, 01:31 AM
Soul Society
The Showdown

While Reene takes her call, Izanami winks at Masaru, beckoning him with a finger.

"So you want to be a little dragon instead? I'm sure that all's well and fun in dragonland, but I like you better as a little wolf! Don't you want to find out what I can teach you, little wolf? I've lived thousands of years, seen entire sects of swordsmanship pass, and know every last secret of the way of the sword."

She grins at Masaru, and it's the most predatory grin he's seen, the one that washed across the Kenpachi's face every day, the grin of a fighter who lives for the battlefield.

"Tell you what little wolf, I'll make you a deal - if you can force me to release, I'll give you everything I know, no questions, nothing. But if you can't; if you submit, I get you for an hour a day, for a week, to train you. Fair's fair, after all, and I'm suuuure Reene would love even an hour of peace and quiet~"

Damn it Terry! You are tempting Masaru so much right now! :smalleek:

Terry576
2013-08-27, 01:41 AM
"Awwwww, does the little wolf not want to work with me? It's so haaaard being this beautiful~"

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-27, 03:50 AM
Terry, are you purposefully doing everything you can to retroactively justify Li making Sally resign? :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2013-08-27, 09:01 AM
I think we're officially getting to mid-season. :smallcool:

AnimeKid
2013-08-27, 09:36 AM
Umm, isn't the best place for Naijeru to be right where he is? The Enforcer squad would be better suited to evac, especially since the brute squad is here on standby and might need Naijeru's orders?

Kuroimaken
2013-08-27, 09:48 AM
Koutarou's standing orders were actually meant for everyone arriving at the scene (Naijeru just happened to be a bit late, otherwise he'd have been ordered exactly the same).

He is, of course, free to delegate such orders to those under him. That's what a chain of command is for, after all. In fact, I think that's what Masaru did before falling in line with Koutarou.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-27, 09:55 AM
Koutarou's standing orders were actually meant for everyone arriving at the scene (Naijeru just happened to be a bit late, otherwise he'd have been ordered exactly the same).

He is, of course, free to delegate such orders to those under him. That's what a chain of command is for, after all. In fact, I think that's what Masaru did before falling in line with Koutarou.

Masaru explicitly ordered the entire group of Shinigami who came with him to evac the Rukon, with the added statement of "evac takes priority over fighting any Hollows unless they're attacking you or the civilians, in which case murder them in the face like we practiced". Well, not exactly that, but still.

Masaru's not there to actually stop Izanami or Renee, per se. He's there to distract them. As far as he's concerned, anyone who lacks Bankai is grist for the gears, so he doesn't want to throw everyone at them at once. Maybe that's his fear and respect talking, but.

His non-verbal gestures just now were to reinforce that statement. He's telling Naijeru to go help the guys already evacuating civilians.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-27, 10:03 AM
Koutarou is also acting on the assumption that the priority for Shinigami should always be to protect the defenseless citizens over everything else.

Rhyvurg
2013-08-27, 10:20 AM
Wait a second, I'm confused. Isn't Izanami a zanpakuto spirit? What's she doing with a Hollow?

KnightDisciple
2013-08-27, 10:22 AM
Wait a second, I'm confused. Isn't Izanami a zanpakuto spirit? What's she doing with a Hollow?

*Facepalm*

This is Sally Sparrow. Death. Izanami. Aka, the woman who was the Commander-General of the Gotei until the midpoint of this game. That's why everyone's freaking out about her being there. Also, she apparently knew Renee. This has been established in-thread. Thoroughly.

Terry576
2013-08-27, 12:14 PM
Not only did she know Reene, they were best friends forever! It's sort of like finding out that Richard the Lionheart was buddy buddy with Saladin.

Froze you silly goose, I had planned out Izanami's character arc with Draken in advance. If I wanted to retroactively justify, I would have showcased Death's incompetence. Death and Izanami are two completely different characters.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-27, 07:25 PM

Think of it this way: Death has been possessed by the spirit.

It's a rather quaint situation, so if you haven't been following Extra Episode 1, it's inevitably going to be confusing. For now, just remember Death, Izanami and Sally Sparrow all refer to same crazy b-... I mean, the same person.:smallwink::smalltongue:

Terry576
2013-08-27, 07:31 PM
Think of it this way: Death has been possessed by the spirit.

It's a rather quaint situation, so if you haven't been following Extra Episode 1, it's inevitably going to be confusing. For now, just remember Death, Izanami and Sally Sparrow all refer to same crazy b-... I mean, the same person.:smallwink::smalltongue:

Don't think of it that way, that implies that she wasn't always Izanami.

Izanami-no-Mikoto is the character I have always played, she only pretended to be death.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-27, 07:37 PM
Don't think of it that way, that implies that she wasn't always Izanami.

Izanami-no-Mikoto is the character I have always played, she only pretended to be death.

I always took "Death" to be a title or whatnot, not her "true" name. And from what I'm seeing, "Sally Sparrow" is the same.

Also, I am kind of hoping things devolve into a fight and Koutarou and Masaru get to show off their burning hearts of JUSTICE and FRIENDSHIP and COURAGE.

EDIT: By which I mean Frozen should hurry up and have Li say something that ticks off Renee and Izanami and starts a fight. :smalltongue:

Demidos
2013-08-28, 04:20 PM
Okay. So I need to get some things straight here. Sorry this is a little late, but i've been outside internet range for the last couple of days.

From what i'm reading here, I have the following questions about Death/Sally:

Death/Sally Sparrow/Izanami are all the same person. Is there any other names she is known by?
Who is Iza...gani? Or something like that? Izanami keeps being mentioned with some other person with a very similar name. Who is that, and what is their relationship to Izanami?
Izanami is a...zanpakuto spirit? A manifested one? Similar to Muramasa from canon? So she is accessing her own Bankai and such without a wielder, correct?
Izanami has been masquerading as a Shinigami for how long?
What is Izanami's relationship with Jehoel/Renee/The Hollow King? As in, how do they know each other, more or less?

Sorry if you feel you already explained this, but i'm totally confused by whats going on with the former captain-commander.

5a Violista
2013-08-28, 04:29 PM
Death/Sally Sparrow/Izanami are all the same person. Is there any other names she is known by?
Who is Iza...gani? Or something like that? Izanami keeps being mentioned with some other person with a very similar name. Who is that, and what is their relationship to Izanami?
Izanami is a...zanpakuto spirit? A manifested one? Similar to Muramasa from canon? So she is accessing her own Bankai and such without a wielder, correct?
Izanami has been masquerading as a Shinigami for how long?
What is Izanami's relationship with Jehoel/Renee/The Hollow King? As in, how do they know each other, more or less?

From what I understand:
1. There might be other names she goes by, but they haven't been revealed either IC or OoC yet.
2. Izanagi is, according to Japanese mythology, Izanami's husband, and they are both gods and creators. Izanagi, IC, was the first Captain Commander, and was the Captain Commander who handed over the reigns to Death when he went off to see the Soul King.
3. I don't think Izanami is a Zanpakuto spirit, because she was the First Hollow before being purified by Izanagi.
4. Izanami's been a Shinigami since the beginning of the Seireitei, but she has been moving around a lot and keeping her identity hidden, pretty much; possibly reincarnating and then regaining her memories or just sitting around forever in who-knows-where.
5. Izanami was the First Hollow, according to herself. She knows Jehoel from long ago. Before they became hollows, Reene and Izanami were friends, possibly during one of the reincarnations of Izanami. Izanami was also the previous Hollow Queen before Reene became The Underlined Queen (Or is she the Bolded Queen? I always forget).

KnightDisciple
2013-08-28, 04:40 PM
Renee would be the Queen of Hollows, while her husband is the First Hollow King.

Also, I think it's meant to confuse a bit.

*Is just waiting for the inevitable fight to break out at this point, and hopefully not see Masaru dead.*

Rhyvurg
2013-08-28, 05:17 PM
4. Izanami's been a Shinigami since the beginning of the Seireitei, but she has been moving around a lot and keeping her identity hidden, pretty much; possibly reincarnating and then regaining her memories or just sitting around forever in who-knows-where.

That's not possible, shinigami age slowly but they're not immortal, they will die of old age eventually.

Spacewolf
2013-08-28, 05:23 PM
I don't think this Seri is that old compared to the cannon one and Yama is as old as that one.

Rhyvurg
2013-08-28, 05:27 PM
I was under the impression that this IS the canon SS, just set in the future after the captains from the show all died/retired/moved on to the royal guard.

Dorizzit
2013-08-28, 05:28 PM
Incorrect.

Draken
2013-08-28, 05:30 PM
I was under the impression that this IS the canon SS, just set in the future after the captains from the show all died/retired/moved on to the royal guard.

No. It has an utterly different backstory and the Gotei isn't nearly as old as in canon.

That said, the Gotei here is also younger than Soul Society as a whole.

Rhyvurg
2013-08-28, 05:35 PM
And he was very visibly aged, and Death is not. If she was that old, she'd look like Li does.

Draken
2013-08-28, 05:40 PM
And he was very visibly aged, and Death is not. If she was that old, she'd look like Li does.

Death has changed ages a bunch of times in the last few pages.

Terry576
2013-08-28, 06:16 PM
Death has changed ages a bunch of times in the last few pages.

Izanami jumps around her own time stream, one of the benefits of being the first Hollow and ancient and powerful.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-28, 06:33 PM
Izanami jumps around her own time stream, one of the benefits of being the first Hollow and ancient and powerful.

...Wait, what?

So, like, what Doctor Manhattan does...but more flexible?

Terry576
2013-08-28, 06:36 PM
No, as in she hops around her body's own internal clock, so she can be anything from an old woman to a tiny girl.

You can think of it as an extension of "Life", which was the power of her original Zanpakuto.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-28, 06:42 PM
No, as in she hops around her body's own internal clock, so she can be anything from an old woman to a tiny girl.

You can think of it as an extension of "Life", which was the power of her original Zanpakuto.

Oh, okay. She manipulates the "timeline" of her body.

Which means she is, in fact, effectively immortal. :smalltongue:

Her current Zanpakuto's power is...is it Death or Shadow?

Kuroimaken
2013-08-28, 06:44 PM
Izanami jumps around her own time stream, one of the benefits of being the first Hollow and ancient and powerful. a walking plot device.

Fixed that for you. :smalltongue:

Terry576
2013-08-28, 06:58 PM
Fixed that for you. :smalltongue:

So what does that make your ninja, then? :smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2013-08-28, 07:09 PM
Either way, I'm about ready to have Masaru slip up and say something sassy and accidentally start a fight. I want stuff to happen! :smalltongue:

Draken
2013-08-28, 07:15 PM
Either way, I'm about ready to have Masaru slip up and say something sassy and accidentally start a fight. I want stuff to happen! :smalltongue:

Reene is in a good mood so she will entertain his drudgery and grab something out of an extraplanar cache left behind by The First Hollow King.

Terry576
2013-08-28, 07:18 PM
Izanami finds the entire event amusing, she might pat him on the head and call him adorable.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-28, 07:19 PM
So what does that make your ninja, then? :smalltongue:

Plucky comedic relief?

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-29, 01:22 AM
No. It has an utterly different backstory and the Gotei isn't nearly as old as in canon.

Incorrect. Gotei of our game is older than the canonical one.

In the manga, Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto (http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Genry%C5%ABsai_Shigekuni_Yamamoto)founded the Spirit Academy around 2100 years ago. He founded Gotei between 1500 to 1000 years ago.

In our game, Izanagi-no-Mikoto founded the Spirit Academy some 3000 years ago, and Gotei was founded 1500 years ago.

The thing you should take away from this is that Gotei is, and has never been, arbitrarily old. It has not been around forever. This is why there can be characters who are older than it; infact, there are trees (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_trees) older than it.

Rhyvurg
2013-08-29, 05:55 AM
Exactly, so anyone as old/older should either be a Hollow, or look like Li.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-29, 05:57 AM
Well, if you removed her powers, Izanami probably would look like her. As noted above, she cheats.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-29, 09:34 AM
Exactly, so anyone as old/older should either be a Hollow, or look like Li.

I think "should" is kind of relative with Death Gods anyways. And, yes, as Frozen notes, Izanami basically cheats anyways.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-29, 09:55 AM
Actually, "should" is the right choice of word here. Tite Kubo has been fairly consistent with aging of his characters. Based on just number of years she's been alive, Izanami should be somewhere between a middle-aged lady and a decaying crone. But this doesn't really take into consideration shapeshifting abilities like hers. Her situation is similar to Tsunade, a character in the Naruto Manga.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-29, 10:11 AM
Actually, "should" is the right choice of word here. Tite Kubo has been fairly consistent with aging of his characters. Based on just number of years she's been alive, Izanami should be somewhere between a middle-aged lady and a decaying crone. But this doesn't really take into consideration shapeshifting abilities like hers. Her situation is similar to Tsunade, a character in the Naruto Manga.

Except that the Old Man in canon basically only got some face wrinkles, balded a bit, and got a white beard. Dude's body was more ripped than a lot of the other Shinigami! He was verly clearly in fantastic shape, and one of the deadliest fighters in the Seireitei, and was something like 2000+ years old. Since he, you know, founded the Academy, Gotei, etc.

Unohana's somewhere around 1100, and she literally hasn't aged at all in that time.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-29, 10:17 AM
Being old and wrinkled is not completely mutually exclusive with being ripped. :smalltongue: I know martial artists and weightlifters who both look and are fitter than me, despite pushing 70.

I'd say Unohana is a bad counter-example, because she most likely cheats too. She knows enough medicine to bring dead people back to life, after all.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-29, 10:23 AM
It's called "makeup", people.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-29, 10:30 AM
Which is another word for "cheating", yes. :smalltongue:

Though I guess it's Yama-jii's fault for not following suit and wearing a wig.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-29, 10:53 PM
Man, it looks like there's not gonna be a fight with Renee and Izanami. So sad, guys. :smallfrown::smalltongue::smallwink:

Draken
2013-08-29, 10:55 PM
Man, it looks like there's not gonna be a fight with Renee and Izanami. So sad, guys. :smallfrown::smalltongue::smallwink:

I am surprised Masaru hasn't said a thing about Reene's condition to put on the manacles.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-29, 10:56 PM
I am surprised Masaru hasn't said a thing about Reene's condition to put on the manacles.

What, Koutarou having the Larva on him? Eh. He's not implanted, and he knows Koutarou's good enough to have a very good chance of not getting nailed.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-29, 11:08 PM
Worst kind scenario, Koutarou trusts Masaru to battoujutsu the crap outta that larva.

I still agree it's kinda sad they didn't get to fight. All that buildup for POWER OF FRIENDSHIP TRANSFORMATION for nothin'.

Terry576
2013-08-29, 11:41 PM
Man, it looks like there's not gonna be a fight with Reene and Izanami. So sad, guys. :smallfrown::smalltongue::smallwink:

pls

everyone pls

Also don't worry! I will try my utmost to make sure Masaru gets his chance to fight Nami-chan!

EDIT: Man, I don't even care how Reene reacts to Li's offer. I want to see how all the other characters react to Li offering Reene thousands of souls in exchange for Izanami.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-30, 12:44 PM
Thousands of what now? :smallamused:

Also, I have to point out I back Li's narrative OOC also. The situation with Izanami is similar to that of Sabitsura Sho earlier. If this was manga written by sole author, I'd be a-okay with Izanami being able to punk everyone at the gate like it was nothing. But since this is not a manga, and instead a collaborative game, it would be plain impolite to half-dozen other characters and their players to say they can't do squat against her.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-30, 12:55 PM
Eh. SOME similarities, sure.

For one thing, Terry has as of yet to clearly state OOCly that Izanami would, in fact, bend Seireitei in half and make it her female dog. Izanami is, of course, free to trash-talk all she wants ICly, but there are any number of factors that could lead to a very nasty surprise should she continue with this course of action.

Heck, even Koutarou might surprise her. :smallamused:

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-30, 01:01 PM
Eh, I just wanted to pre-emptively get that out of the way before we have the inevitable OOC fight over it. The last two or three games may have made me a bit pessimistic about these things. :smalltongue:

On sadder news, it seems DiscipleOfBob's absence is going to be chronic. :smallfrown: I already went and labeled his characters MIA in the registry.

This means responsibility of Combat Division is now on KnightDisciple's and AnimeKid's hands. I'm going to make it official IC once the current situation resolves.

Also, Tebryn, do you want to continue playing Saruhiko in Ep. 1, or should I just wrap it up?

KnightDisciple
2013-08-30, 02:32 PM
On sadder news, it seems DiscipleOfBob's absence is going to be chronic. :smallfrown: I already went and labeled his characters MIA in the registry.

This means responsibility of Combat Division is now on KnightDisciple's and AnimeKid's hands. I'm going to make it official IC once the current situation resolves.
*Sighs*

Well, other than Kiba, let's just assume that most of them are on "autopilot" and just going about their lives in the background. Seems best.

As for the Combat Division...oy ve.:smallsigh:

Terry576
2013-08-30, 02:33 PM
Being in AK's hands is sort of worrying, because he drops off the map for weeks at a time, and the Combat Division is PRETTY IMPORTANT

Also KD are you a bad enough dude to let Masaru hang out with the coolest eight year old?!

KnightDisciple
2013-08-30, 02:39 PM
Being in AK's hands is sort of worrying, because he drops off the map for weeks at a time, and the Combat Division is PRETTY IMPORTANT

Also KD are you a bad enough dude to let Masaru hang out with the coolest eight year old?!
As you can see, she's starting to make him uncomfortable. He's not sure if she just wants to test his sword skills, or what!

Maybe he'll use the Henshin Belt to hide his face.

AnimeKid
2013-08-30, 02:46 PM
There hasn't really been much that I could reasonably get my characters in on. That was why I was using this big event to get Naijeru back in the game. So KD how are we going to handle the division? I mean with losing the Captain AND the Vice-Captain morale is going to be in shambles.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-30, 02:49 PM
There hasn't really been much that I could reasonably get my characters in on. That was why I was using this big event to get Naijeru back in the game. So KD how are we going to handle the division? I mean with losing the Captain AND the Vice-Captain morale is going to be in shambles.

Well, someone needs to be made Vice-Captain/Acting Captain. Masaru will argue that unless someone achieves Bankai they can't properly be a full Captain, but someone needs to take the reigns to some degree.

EDIT: I might say that he'll also push for a sort of "leadership council", maybe with rotating administrative duties, so that each Squad leader is Acting Captain for a bit. Until they decide how to appoint someone long-term.

AnimeKid
2013-08-30, 02:55 PM
I bet Kiba would like had heard that one.:smallamused: However you are right in that someone needs to take the reins. Thing is that whoever does has to live up to Kiba, just like he had to live up to Kenpachi. I could have Naijeru do it, since Masaru only recently completed the Hell Path. The other members of the division might be a little uncomfortable if he takes the reins.

EDIT: That sounds good to me, at the very least Naijeru would agree that it would be better than a hasty decision that could end up with the new head not being respected.

strawberryman
2013-08-30, 03:03 PM
There is also the matter of Horngeek's Quincy family, and Zarah's. I'd be willing to take nominal responsibility for the Moto clan if no one else feels like it, because I have some plot potential with Misaki, but other than that, the quincy storylines have been stagnating and that could use some people to take the reins as well.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-30, 03:25 PM
I can get Mikael (and by extension, Tamaki :smallwink:) involved in the Quincy plotline. Honestly seems like best idea at this point, since that side needs more love. It seems like a natural progression, as Tamaki is connected to at least KD's character, and that should pull (remaining) student characters in by extension.

Also, as an OOC note, I mostly have votes for the other Divisions concerning the offer, as I asked for them beforehand via PM. There's still one open question that needs to be solved (besides Combat Division), though.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-30, 03:32 PM
I'm certainly willing to involve Chuck in plots, and strawberryman and I have talked over how to involve him in some things.

I just didn't have many folks he could connect with, between HG and DoB leaving. :smalltongue:

Clearly we need to re-focus the Mortal Kids group down a bit, make it leaner and meaner. :smallwink:

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-30, 03:36 PM
Tamaki, it's not polite to fire into a melee based on the assumption a person can take it, you know? :smallbiggrin:

Mahonri Violinist, let's get on with some Puppeteer action!

AnimeKid
2013-08-30, 03:43 PM
Oh if that even tickles Mikeal Tamaki will be surprised. It would be like using Flash cannon on a Steelix. So negligible that it's not even worth mentioning.

5a Violista
2013-08-30, 03:52 PM
I'm on it.

He's almost finished, anyway. I mean, Mikael just shattered his mask and he disappeared. What else can he do?

By the way, what happens when either Mikael or Tamaki defeats a Hollow? Are they purified, destroyed, absorbed, or what?

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-30, 03:57 PM
I'm on it.

He's almost finished, anyway. I mean, Mikael just shattered his mask and he disappeared. What else can he do?

By the way, what happens when either Mikael or Tamaki defeats a Hollow? Are they purified, destroyed, absorbed, or what?

In Mikael's case, it depends on whether their blood makes contact with his skin. With no blood, the answer is "not-quite-destroyed-but-might-as-well-be".

Kuroimaken
2013-08-30, 05:29 PM
I can get Mikael (and by extension, Tamaki :smallwink:) involved in the Quincy plotline. Honestly seems like best idea at this point, since that side needs more love. It seems like a natural progression, as Tamaki is connected to at least KD's character, and that should pull (remaining) student characters in by extension.

Also, as an OOC note, I mostly have votes for the other Divisions concerning the offer, as I asked for them beforehand via PM. There's still one open question that needs to be solved (besides Combat Division), though.

I could get a Quincy character done. Someone to match Crazy Australian Kid. :smalltongue:

Kiba's current situation is worrying on a lot of levels, but the good thing is that if DoB does make it back, Kiba is going to look even MORE badass.

Draken
2013-08-30, 05:37 PM
I could get a Quincy character done. Someone to match Crazy Australian Kid. :smalltongue:

Kiba's current situation is worrying on a lot of levels, but the good thing is that if DoB does make it back, Kiba is going to look even MORE badass.

And then he will be off to court martial. Like a boss.

strawberryman
2013-08-30, 05:40 PM

Bah. Chuck is hardly crazy.

Misaki is crazy. :smalltongue:

"Love-crazy!"

Hush, you.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-30, 05:50 PM
And then he will be off to court martial. Like a boss.

Well duh.

I expect it to matter relatively little, however, if the situation happens to be as terrible as it looks right now at that point.

FYI, the reason Koutarou didn't spare a reaction towards Masaru and Naijeru storming off is because I'm assuming he doesn't know what Li told them. For all he knows the two were given standing orders to run after something. :smalltongue:

Dorizzit
2013-08-30, 06:08 PM
When the Quincy plot goes into swing, I intend to get Naito involved as well. He is, however, purely reactionary in this case.

Frozen_Feet, are we still going to do that meeting between Jehoel and Mikael?

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-30, 06:17 PM
Maybe. Mikael hasn't really managed to do what I intended, while Jehoel has his plate full for the moment. Maybe after Shinigami have stated their answer?

Dorizzit
2013-08-30, 06:20 PM
That works.

So, with this, literally every single plan I've had about Jehoel has derailed or altered in some way. Which is, if you think about it, exactly what he would want. Hm.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-30, 06:21 PM
Li isn't much better off. They should get together and found a support group or something.

Terry576
2013-08-30, 06:26 PM
Izanami has done everything exactly as planned!

Suck it plebs.

Dorizzit
2013-08-30, 06:27 PM
Sorry, Mr. Train Conductor.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-30, 06:48 PM
Izanami has done everything exactly as planned!

Suck it plebs.

She doesn't have a plan, last we checked.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-30, 06:52 PM
She doesn't, but terry does. And perhaps Clovis. And Geister. :smalltongue:

Terry576
2013-08-30, 06:58 PM
Sorry, Mr. Train Conductor.

I find that very offensive! Perhaps you should be faster if you want to use ideas before I take them.

KnightDisciple
2013-08-30, 07:00 PM
FWIW, still leaning toward Harada going to the Engineering Division, for those that care. We'll say he's put an application over to Hideki for it.

Kuroimaken
2013-08-30, 07:00 PM
She doesn't, but terry does. And perhaps Clovis. And Geister. :smalltongue:

You ARE heavily hinting at a Sieglinde story here.