PDA

blelliot
2013-07-31, 02:04 AM
My dm is allowing me to build a prestige class for my druid, because i want to better my wild shape similar to the master of many forms, but also want to keep increaseing my spellcasting. Let me know what you think!
Requirements:
Skills: Knowledge (nature) 15 ranks, Survival 15 ranks
Feats: Skill Focus{Knowledge (nature)}, Skill Focus {Survival}, Extra Wild Shape, Track
Special: Wild shape (Huge), Must have spent a week in meditation at a Druid's Grove

Attack Bonus Fortitude Reflex Will Special Spells/ Day
1. +0 +2 +0 +2 Fast Wild Shape, Diminuitive Wild Shape + 1 Level of divine
2. +1 +3 +0 +3 Improved Wild Shape (Elemental) + 1 Level of divine
3. +2 +3 +1 +3 Extraordinary Wild Shape + 1 Level of divine
4. +3 +4 +1 +4 Gargantuan Wild Shape + 1 Level of divine
5. +3 +4 +1 +4 Greater Wild Shape + 1 Level of divine

Fast Wild Shape (Ex): Starting at 1st level, a master of shaping can use her wild shape ability as a move action, rather than as a standard action.
Diminuitive Wild Shape (Su): At 1st level, a nature's avatar can use wild shape to assume the form of a diminuitive creature.
Improved Wild Shape (Su): A master of shaping knows how to use her wild shape ability to assume an elemental. This Functions as the Druid ability. Unlike Druids, however, a nature's
Avatar may transfrom into an elemental as many times as she can wild shape a day.
Extraordinary Wild Shape (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, a nature's avatar gains the extraordinary special qualities of any form she assumes with wild shape.
Gargantuan Wild Shape (Su): At 4th level, a nature's avatar can assume the form of a Gargantuan creature.
Greater Wild Shape (Su): At 5th level, a nature's avatar gains the ability to transform into much more deadly animals. The Avatar may make a Knowledge (nature) check as before she wild shapes as a move action.

She is now treated as a druid X levels higher for the purposes of creatures she can take the form of, where X equals the result of her roll divided by two. She does not gain bonus HD when she wild shapes, this simply allows her to

gain the abilities she would normally gain when using wild shape

Palanan
2013-07-31, 12:28 PM
Just a comment on presentation: you probably don't need the spoilers for something of this length, at least not in homebrew.

Also, for ease of reading, it's best to put the table of BAB, saves, etc. into an HTML table format. I don't have the link handy at the moment, but some dedicated person actually posted a whole series of blank tables in a thread a while ago.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-07-31, 12:42 PM
The entry requirements are kind of weird (what does Track or Skill Focus have to do with wild shaping?) As for the class itself... too strong. Too strong by half. You lose nothing, and in return gain greatly improved Wild Shape. I mean, that's an impressive feat tax, but still... I'd drop a couple caster levels, here and there-- maybe 1, 3 and 5.

I'd also rewrite Greater Wild Shape, because that is never, ever, going to be less than broken. We're talking a minimumof +11 levels of wild shaping capability before even the slightest bit of optimization-- heck, before even rolling the die (15 ranks to enter the class, Skill Focus, and +5 ranks if you keep the skill topped off).