PDA

View Full Version : Make me a killing machine! [Werewolf: The Forsaken]

Buttmurder
2013-07-31, 06:49 AM
Hello there!

I'm currently pondering making a new character for Werewolf: The Forsaken. I've played in classic WoD up until now but my friends have asked me to join them in testing the waters for the new generation of White Wolf RPGs. I typically enjoy playing highly optimised combat characters. I'm aware that just about any character in Werewolf can be a fairly effective combat character regardless, but I'm intending to play the 'guard dog' of sorts for the group, and as such want a character that is an effective killing machine, optimized as much as the system will allow.

I'm not sold on any tribes/auspices yet. There are a few house rules in force but for the most part I'm just interested in hearing from any veteran Werewolf players for advice on creating a character that can kick a significant amount of ass.

Lorsa
2013-08-01, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately, even for werewolves, the best thing to use is firearms. What you need is high composure, combat marksmanship 5 and a badass weapon (that you have speciality with). As a backup, a really large axe or sword is your best bet. Teeth and claws are really poor in comparison, sadly enough.

Oh, in case you didn't know, according to the basic rules, spirits don't have defence against firearms, making it even better...