PDA

View Full Version : Good One Shot module? [3.5/PF]

Tanuki Tales
2013-07-31, 01:19 PM
A friend of mine is having a birthday party/drinking party/get-together this Saturday and was looking for folks to bring stuff to do since all they have is one Wii, a few deck of cards and a one version of Munchkin. So, I offered to run a one-shot for the party so that there would be more options.

Unfortunately I've never run a one-shot game before and don't know how many casual players, veterans or newbies will end up sitting down to play at the party. To this end, I'm looking for a 3.5 (I can update it) or Pathfinder module (I'd love to even update older edition modules, but it's not feasible for me to get my hands on them) that is good to run just by itself and will be a fun experience for players of varying system mastery levels and gaming experience. I plan to have at least four players, but no more than eight players for this game. I'd prefer the module to be meant for level 1 to level 3 characters and definitely not above level 6 (I'll be rolling up eight to ten pre-genned characters so that saves me time).

Much thanks in advance.

incarnate236
2013-07-31, 01:49 PM
I like the Queen with the Burning Eyes module for intros and one shots. It's easy to bring the party together by just saying they all replied to a help wanted ad and gets them straight into a good size dungeon with a variety of monsters.

Tanuki Tales
2013-07-31, 03:15 PM
I like the Queen with the Burning Eyes module for intros and one shots. It's easy to bring the party together by just saying they all replied to a help wanted ad and gets them straight into a good size dungeon with a variety of monsters.

Interesting. I love Eberron personally, but I'll need to see if I can find that issue of Dungeon.