PDA

View Full Version : [PF] The Four Hoursemen... Of Chaos?

ArqArturo
2013-07-31, 04:17 PM
I'm running a Pathfinder campaign revolving around Daemons, and the Four Horsemen trying to end all life. And, while talking to a friend (Who is also a GM but not a player in this game) about a previous session, the conversation when on like this:

Me: And that is how they defeated the deacon of Pestilence
Friend: So, this is a daemon that saw his diseases as gifts, not curses?
Me: Right
Friend: And was very friendly to those afflicted, and called his plague zombies as 'his Children'?.
Me: Pretty much, yes
Friend: Huh, sounds like this guy was more like a Great Unclean One with a bow
Me: ... *light bulb*

So yes, I'm intending to tie the Four Horsemen with the Four gods of Chaos. At least in name and some of their servants as well. Pestilence and War are easy to tie in, Nurgle and Khorne, but, what of the other four? My guess is that Tzeentch does well as Death (the ultimate schemer), and Slaanesh can kinda be nudged in as Famine (desires, wants, needs, lack of something).

Is this really a good idea? I don't intend to give the names away quickly (two of the players play Warhammer), so that's that.

ShadowFireLance
2013-07-31, 05:45 PM
I'm running a Pathfinder campaign revolving around Daemons, and the Four Horsemen trying to end all life. And, while talking to a friend (Who is also a GM but not a player in this game) about a previous session, the conversation when on like this:

Me: And that is how they defeated the deacon of Pestilence
Friend: So, this is a daemon that saw his diseases as gifts, not curses?
Me: Right
Friend: And was very friendly to those afflicted, and called his plague zombies as 'his Children'?.
Me: Pretty much, yes
Friend: Huh, sounds like this guy was more like a Great Unclean One with a bow
Me: ... *light bulb*

So yes, I'm intending to tie the Four Horsemen with the Four gods of Chaos. At least in name and some of their servants as well. Pestilence and War are easy to tie in, Nurgle and Khorne, but, what of the other four? My guess is that Tzeentch does well as Death (the ultimate schemer), and Slaanesh can kinda be nudged in as Famine (desires, wants, needs, lack of something).

Is this really a good idea? I don't intend to give the names away quickly (two of the players play Warhammer), so that's that.

Slaanesh..Oh, Tiamat, He's realistically hard to fit into anything other then what he is, But I say you've got them down.

ArqArturo
2013-07-31, 06:34 PM
Slaanesh..Oh, Tiamat, He's realistically hard to fit into anything other then what he is, But I say you've got them down.

Yup, it's hard to pinpoint Slaanesh in that sense, him being a god of desires, but in a sense, desire is an interpretation of Famine.

Amechra
2013-08-01, 10:06 AM
Well, they were originally Conquest, War, Pestilence, and Death...

Conquest and Slaanesh are almost custom-made for each-other.

vasharanpaladin
2013-08-01, 03:36 PM
Well, they were originally Conquest, War, Pestilence, and Death...

Conquest, War, Famine and Death, thank you. :smallfurious:

Or rather, the Black Horse more likely represented political corruption, going by the quote attributed to its rider. The end result is the same; the impoverished masses are left wanting while the ruling class indulges its collective whim. Just like home! :smallyuk:

Amechra
2013-08-01, 03:43 PM
Alright, so I was quoting from memory...

Still.