View Full Version : Careless Citadel WW

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Count Dingdong
2013-07-31, 08:43 PM
Careless Citadel WW
Narrator: Count Dingdong

In the large citadel keep of Allethorre, crowds go bustling in the streets. Still, there's an uneasy feel in the air. The previous lord had just died, and the castle was in turmoil. Rumors spread, and people talked:

"Did you hear? They say the Lord of Allethorre was poisoned!"
"Maybe, but you know what's crazy? They say the heir had him killed to take the throne for himself!"
"Former heir, now? He's been exiled for treason! His younger brother's on the throne now..."
"Yes, but you know those royals with their politicking! Half the citadel's in an uproar over it! Saying there's no way he killed his own father!"
"Did you hear he's making plans to take back the throne by force? Don't tell me you heard that too!"
"What? By force?"
"Yep! I found it out just today! Rumor has it his supporters are already making plans to bring him back into the city in disguise!"
"What's the world coming to these days? Soon enough it will be a mad brawl for the throne, and anyone will fight for the right!"
"Hey, it will bring good trade. Mercenaries will flock from all over to earn some money. And when they earn it, they'll have to use it somewhere!"
"But... if it makes it to full-out war? Who'll stop the killing? Allethorre will be thrown into pandemonium!"
"Sacrifices will have to be made. But it'll be over soon enough! Just stay inside if you're so scared!"
"I'm not scared! ...just concerned. These nobles paying attention to only themselves. What's this citadel going to come to?"
"I ask that every day..."

The murmuring continues through the day, through the weeks, as people flood in and out, through markets and inns, paying, taking, and leaving. The new Lord of Allethorre sits on his throne with care, fearful of revenge from his brother but content for now in his rightfully-earned throne. His attendants search for his brother to give him death, while his brother's seek him for the same. Mercenaries begin to stream into town, and the fight of Supporters vs. Usurpers begins.

Rules
THIS IS A NO PM, BLIND GAME. You cannot talk about this game outside of the thread or QTs and cannot share QTs (or make your own). You MAY quote role PMs/QTs in thread, but you can also create fake role PMs. If asked, I will create a fake role PM for a player with the power they ask for. The exact roles and powers in this game are unknown, and I will not confirm or deny the existence of a role. Generally but not always, role names reflect their side and power. Again, that is not always the case.

This is a two team, RECRUITMENT game. The two teams are pretty much exactly balanced, though not all roles have an exact counterpart on the opposite side. The first team is the "good" team, the Supporters. In the role PM, they will be told that they are a "good" role. The second team is the "evil" team, the Usurpers. In the role PM, they will be told that they are an "evil" role. The "neutrals" can be recruited by either side and are named Mercenaries. In the role PM, they will be told that they are a "neutral" role. The exact proportions of players are unknown, but the number of Supporters = number of Usurpers. The game ends when one team is completely eliminated. There are a total of 60 roles in this game, each with their own win condition.

Recruitment:
Each team has a Recruiter role. This role is in addition to their normal role and is assigned randomly at the start of the game. The game will begin with at least one Supporter and at least one Usurper. During the night, Recruiters can attempt to recruit a Mercenary to their side. A recruited Mercenary will be called a "hired" Mercenary. For most intents and purposes, a hired Mercenary is considered on the side that they are hired for. It is possible for hired Mercenaries to swap sides, return to neutrality, or become full-fledged Supporters or Usurpers. If the Recruiter targets a non-Mercenary, the target and Recruiter will be notified.

Win conditions:
Supporters: Last to the end of the game and eliminate all the Usurpers.
Usurpers: Last to the end of the game and eliminate all the Supporters.
Hired Mercenaries: Same as the team you're hired for.
Mercenaries: Last to the end of the game.

In addition, every role has its own private win condition. Fulfilling that gets the player another win.

In addition, players get survival wins for every 5 day/night cycles that they survive. This tally will be kept public.

The game will last through all 60 roles and then until only one side remains. If all Mercenaries become unrecruitable, it will be announced, and Recruiter roles will disappear. It will not necessarily be announced immediately...

Every day phase (48 hours), players will choose a player to lynch by writing their name in red. If you change your vote, make sure to cross out your old vote. If the player with the most votes has at least 25% of living players voting for them, that player is lynched. Roles and teams are revealed on lynch. If the most votes are for a No Lynch, if there's a tie, or if the player with the most votes doesn't have at least 25% of the players, the Executioner role (if alive) decides who to kill.

Every night phase (24 hours), players send in their night actions by QT. Seers scry, Baners bane, and Night-Killers kill. People killed at night do not have their roles or teams revealed... It is not revealed whether kills fail by bane, void, missed action, no Night-Killers, etc.

Helgraf's Scry Interference is in effect (2 scries on the same person in the same night return "No Scry"). This is not the only way to get a result of "No Scry."

If a player does not vote for 3 days in a row, they are autolynched, and their character dies. If they do not reclaim it by the end of the next day phase, the character dies. If you know you will be away, post an away notice in the thread, QT, or by PM, and I won't count you for autolynch. Of course, you could still be killed.

Signing Up/Revival:
When you sign up for this game, choose a role number. Each number has been assigned a role, and you will get that role. Because this is basically random, there will not necessarily be an even number of Supporters and Usurpers at the beginning of the game. However, you won't be told who's ahead...

24 hours after the 15th player has signed up, the game will begin. Players who sign up after that point (choose a number!) will be Clueless Newcomers for a day and night phase before gaining their role. Clueless Newcomers cannot be killed during those phases but can still vote. They also do not count toward the 25% minimum to lynch.

Players who die can sign up for another role after two days have passed. Like in the other game, there may be some roles which cause players to skip that delay. Reviving players sign up just like new players, by choosing a role number and becoming Clueless Newcomers for a day and night.

There are 60 roles available. Once they've been taken, there will be no more recruitment.

Roles:
The exact roles will not be revealed. However, you can expect the normal types of roles and some others. Each role has some power, but it's passive for some players. You can look at the previous game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253745) for examples. Example roles:

Alignment Seer* - This player learns the alignment (good/evil/neutral AKA Supporter/Usurper/Mercenary) of another player.

Power Seer* - This player learns the power (e.g. Seer, Baner, Night-Killer, etc.) of another player.

Role Seer* - This player learns the role name (e.g. Bartender, Witch, Councillor, etc.) of another player. They can also ask for clarification on the power of that player, if the role doesn't make it clear.

Fool* - This player believes he's the Seer but has a percent chance of correctly scrying another player. Often returns a random, wrong result.

Baner - This player protects another player from a Night Kill.

Day-Baner - This player protects another player from the lynch and Executioner.

Night-Killer - This player can kill one player each night.

Voider - This player stops another player from using their power.

*Scry as Seer

There are many more roles in addition to these... There are also 3 roles which are in addition to normal roles and can be passed around. They are as follows:

Lord - This role can only be held by a Supporter. This player can recruit Mercenaries for the Supporters.

Rival Lord - This role can only be held by a Usurper. This player can recruit Mercenaries for the Usurpers.

Executioner - This role can be held by any player. This player determines the lynch when no one else can.

***IMPORTANT*** There are NO Masons, and no players will be connected to each other.

Blank Role:
Anyone can create their own role to fake-claim with. Anyone can ask me to create a fake role to fake-claim with (give power & team). The following is the format of a role description in the QTs.
Role Name - Fluff text slightly describing the power and role. This is generally written in 1st person or in an address (using "you").

You are {a/the}* {good/evil/neutral}** Power. Complete description of power, telling what the power is and how it can be used, limitations, etc. Generally starts with "During the night, blah blah blah" or "Every night, blah blah blah" Ends with "To fulfill your win condition, you must {win condition}."

*Using "a" or "the" does not mean only one or multiple of a power exists on that team. A role with "a" may be the only one of its kind. A role with "the" may not be.
**Good = Supporter. Evil = Usurper. Neutral = Mercenary.

Some roles may have notes at the bottom to clarify or warn something. These are written "Note: blah blah blah" or "Other note: blah blah blah"

***IMPORTANT*** No role names are re-used. Powers may be, though not always identical.

Events:
When you join, you get money in the form of gold! This is used for events which will happen throughout the game. The following events have been revealed...

Market Day: This happens every so often. Three shops are open in which you spend your gold. Basically, you specify a shop name and amount of gold. The more money you spend, the better chance of getting an item. The more money you spend, the better item you'll get. If you want something good, don't be stingy... You only lose the gold if you successfully buy an item.

-- Bargain Day on Day 26: Everything's at a low price, but otherwise things work the same.

Option Auction: This happens every so often. Any number of items will be auctioned off. These may be revealed, or they may be mystery items. Different Auctions have different rules, so the bidding may be public (in-thread) or private (in-QT). The player whose bid is the highest wins the item. Players may win multiple items if they have enough money...

Capital Carnival: The Capital Carnival came to town Day 9. Flyers were sent out the night before for players to buy. There were seven different attractions, each for a different price. It's said there may be prizes at the attractions...

The Postman: He arrived at the start of Day 5. He will bring a message from you to another player for 10 gold. These messages are anonymous, so sign your name if you want them to know who sent it. If you want to send an anonymous message to everyone, it costs 5 gold per recipient. Since PMs and sharing QTs are forbidden, this is the only way of private communication. The Postman will also send a package containing an item from you to another player for 20 gold. This may or may not be useful now and may or may not be useful in the future.

It has been hinted that there may be days that the Postman will send messages and items for a discount. Take advantage when that happens!

Day-Night 23 had a half-price discount for the Postman.
Day-Night 24 had a full discount for the Postman, making messages free!
The Postman left town Day 25...

The Cat: A beast of a sort, called the Doomsday Clock. It lost its last life on Day 10... The night after it died lasted 48 hours for some reason... and players couldn't post in-thread.

There may be more events which haven't been revealed...

The Peddler: While this never panned out, he would have opened a secret shop to the runner up(s) for the lynch. In an Executioner decision, the player(s) with the most votes are the runner ups.

Player List:
Living Roles:
##Player Name
45Chessgeek
49Penguinator
Role List:
##Player NameRole?Died?
01bladescape???Night 2
02sparky9042Betraying KnightDay 7
03usourselves&we???Night 3
04ChessgeekYoung KnightDay 6
05Klanos???Night 4
06Amidus Drexel???Night 9
07Zar Peter???Night 16
08ThePhantomTreasurerDay 16
09Rogue Nine???Night 6
10Amidus DrexelPrince CharmingDay 17
11ChessgeekHitman (Executioner)Day 14
12Thattaman???Night 4
13ThePhantomHired Hand (Executioner)Day 9
14Penguinator???Night 16
15ef87???Night 24
16Gray Mage???Night 18
17Internet Flea???Night 1
18Sabeki???AL-d Day 2
19Klanos???Night 11
20sparky9042???Night 24
21usourselves&wePriestDay 28
22bladescapeInfiltrator (Rival Lord)Day 26
23tman2ndInformantDay 4
24tman2ndFriend (Lord)Day 19
25HedgehogRangerBoy Who Cried WolfDay 20
26Thattaman???Night 9
27Rogue Nine???Night 10
28BourgeoisJerry???Night 22
29Zar PeterEavesdropper (Lord)Day 8
30Zjoot???Night 4
31ZjootKidnapperDay 12
32Zjoot???Night 18
33usourselves&weBomberDay 10
34Amidus Drexel???Night 4
35Gray Mage???Night 25
36HedgehogRangerInnkeeper (Rival Lord, Executioner)Day 15
37ChessgeekOracleDay 21
38tman2ndSlayerDay 24
39Yumori123???Night 22
40ThePhantom???Night 22
41BourgeoisJerryUtter Fool (Lord, Executioner)Day 10
42HedgehogRangerFoolDay 5
43Amidus Drexel???Night 22
44bladescapeRomanticDay 10
45Chessgeek SURVIVED
46Kalrany???Night 25
47razovor???Night 6
48razovor???Night 17
49Penguinator SURVIVED
50Gray Mage???Night 12
51HedgehogRangerPolitician (Lord)Day 25
52KlanosPoisonerAL-d Day 24
53razovor???Night 23
54Zar PeterLazy AssassinDay 27
55Lex-Kat???Night 26
56Penguinator???Night 12
57KlanosFledgling DetectiveDay 18
58sparky9042Erratic BanerDay 13
59Yumori123Fortune TellerDay 11
60razovorBodyguardDay 2
61Internet FleaBartender StudDay 10
:3The CatDoomsday ClockDay 10
<3The DogMan's Best FriendNight 16

Internet Flea
2013-08-02, 11:17 PM
Huh, I missed this going up. In, as role 17 of course.

What's the limit on the number of fake role PMs we can ask for?

HedgehogRanger
2013-08-02, 11:21 PM
Alright, I'm going to be role 42.

Chessgeek
2013-08-03, 12:25 AM
I GOT A FOUR!

So if the executioner is dead and it comes down to a tie, no lynch, or less than 25% majority, is it a no kill or a random kill?

Count Dingdong
2013-08-03, 01:23 AM
What's the limit on the number of fake role PMs we can ask for?
As many as you ask for, but please be reasonable. I have a life... :smalltongue:

So if the executioner is dead and it comes down to a tie, no lynch, or less than 25% majority, is it a no kill or a random kill?
It's a No Lynch. Players can always vote for a No Lynch if they want, too...

If Executioner dies, role is passed on. Possible that role isn't passed on at some point, but that won't be revealed.

Tris
2013-08-03, 04:35 AM
I'm in. 23

bladescape
2013-08-03, 09:31 AM
1. Because the first is the first.

Zjoot
2013-08-03, 10:34 AM
Role thirty shall be mine! Mine I tell you!

Thattaman
2013-08-03, 03:58 PM
I'll sign up if you don't mind a newbie (I've played the Werewolf card game but nothing on GitP) as no.12.

Rogue Nine
2013-08-03, 05:21 PM
Gimme number 9 of course.

ThePhantom
2013-08-03, 09:43 PM
Well, I'll be in, as 13.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-04, 01:32 AM
I'll sign up if you don't mind a newbie (I've played the Werewolf card game but nothing on GitP) as no.12.

Everyone's a newbie once, and this game's crazy enough to not make it matter much. If you have questions, ask me, and I'll answer what I can! You can also ask general questions in-thread so others can answer faster. Come on in, enjoy the craziness, and have fun. That's what we're here for! :smallsmile:

-------------------------

Also, not sure if I made this clear. When given a role, you'll be PM'd a link to a QT (QuickTopic (www.quicktopic.com)) which will have your role description. This will be private to you and me, so ask any questions or make any comments on the game there! Any night or day actions (besides voting) take place there too. It's easier than hundreds of PMs filling up my inbox. :smallwink:

Sabeki
2013-08-04, 02:20 AM
I'll be role 18! (My birthday)

Zar Peter
2013-08-04, 02:39 AM
My lucky number is 29. In please.

razovor
2013-08-05, 05:57 AM
I'll take #60

usourselves&we
2013-08-06, 12:12 AM
Line us up as three. was there any doubt on the number we'd pick?

Tris
2013-08-06, 01:12 AM
We need only 2 more to start.

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-07, 10:36 PM
Hell, I'll play. I think I've got time for one more game.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-07, 11:17 PM
Hell, I'll play. I think I've got time for one more game.
*pssst* pick a role number! :smallsmile:

After Amidus, just one more before the 24-hour countdown!

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-07, 11:20 PM
*pssst* pick a role number! :smallsmile:

After Amidus, just one more before the 24-hour countdown!

Oh... 34, why not?

sparky9042
2013-08-09, 04:24 AM
Oh hey, this place has organized games of Mafia Werewolf going on.

I think I'll waste even more of my time join in on the fun!

Slot me in at role 2, I guess. I've never played Werewolf online...

Count Dingdong
2013-08-09, 07:37 AM
That's 15! Roles go out in 24 hours, and everyone who's signed up by then has a role at the start of the game. People can still sign up after and join as Clueless Newcomers!

Count Dingdong
2013-08-10, 11:26 AM
All roles have been sent out by PM! If you didn't get a role PM, or if you're having trouble accessing your QT, PM me.

The game starts in 24 hours, or when everyone's posted in their QT, whichever is first. Feel free to ask any questions about rules and roles in your QT!

Note: there are no true villager roles; everyone has some sort of power. So don't go around fake-claiming vanilla villager. There's no Eternal Commoner like last game. :smalltongue:

Players can still sign up! As soon as you sign up and choose a number, you're in the game as a Clueless Newcomer. After a day and night, you'll be in the game with your role. Days last 48 hours, nights last 24. Dead players can rejoin as Clueless Newcomers after 2 day/night cycles have passed.

One last thing: you've all gotten some money (see your QT). This will be used for events which have yet to be revealed...

Count Dingdong
2013-08-11, 11:26 AM
Night 0

Allethorre, a citadel filled with peace and prosperity. Through trade and skillful negotiations, the Lord has made it a place free from the perils of war and bustling with foreigners and residents alike, all in search of precious goods from afar to buy and sell for their living and happiness. All types lived scattered through the city, good and bad alike, but criminal activity cannot be stopped. As it happened, this night was a night for a feast, and people skilled in many trades had all been invited to the castle for the feast. At the head of the table sat the Lord and his two sons. Between courses, the Lord gathered everyone's attention for a speech.

"My fine friends, it is with great joy that I've invited you all here for these festivities. You see, today is the day my youngest son comes of age to enter the line of succession! It's a fine day watching the results of hard years of upbringing, and I remember with fondness when this day arrived for my eldest, my proud heir. They're bound to rule well after my passing... not that I expect it to come anytime soon! Hahah! I've never felt so in my prime!" This is followed by some laughter and some sighs. Undeterred, the Lord continues on, slamming his hands to the table to gain attention, leaning in.

"Now, it's time we all got down to business. You've all come with offers of trade, and despite your numbers, I've only got so much to offer in return. I'd love to receive all your goods, but the prices would be too low, I'd be ripping you all off! Hahah! Now, first thing's first. Who's here to represe-" At that, the Lord paused, his eyes widening in shock. He brought his fingers to his throat, his face turning blue, and... in the dumbfounded silence of all present, Lord Dingdong toppled face-first onto the table and lay still.

... ... ...

Suddenly, a voice broke the silence. "BROTHER! How could you? I could have sworn you were only pouring salt into our Lord Father's bowl, but this? Poison??? Did you want to be Lord so badly?" The younger son's face was colored with grief, anger, surprise, and confusion as he heatedly accused his brother. "But... but... I... It was salt! I... This can't... What are you saying? He's not... he can't be... FATHER!!!" As the elder son ran to his father, the younger yelled out "GUARDS! Seize him! He's plotted and poisoned our father, just to gain the crown and this citadel. I'd have never thought it possible, but I feared... Father..."

The guards bring the struggling elder up to the younger, and the guests look on in stunned confusion. "I... You..." The younger son took a deep breath to steady himself before continuing in a loud but shaky voice. "By order of the law, treason is punishable by death. However, I feel our father would grieve greatly upon your death, and to honor his memory, so recently remembered he is... leave, now. Your exile would be best. But know that if you return, I will have to follow the law." "Brother! No! You know I... I could never! He's my father! Our father! I... I could never!" Tears streaking down his face, the younger brother turned toward the already-tear-stained face of his elder. "Go. Please. Guards, let him. No more of our blood should be spilled this day." His voice had grown softer, more pained, and the two looked at each other for a long while before the elder turned and fled, giving a last look behind him before rushing through the doors.

... ... ...

The hall was silent as the remaining people looked amongst themselves, unsure of how to respond. Finally, the younger son spoke up. "My... friends. It seems today would not be a good day to continue our business. We'll continue... after the morrow, once the good people have been informed of the happenings of tonight. Good night. I pray this is the last of this..." With that, he turned and walked away, presumably to his rooms. After a short while, some of the guests began packing up, and the rest followed suit. As they left, a cloaked figure joined the procession from the shadows, though many were too busy and distracted to pay attention... ...and off in the distance, a certain brother vowed revenge on this injustice paid him this night.

And with the death of the Lord, the peace he had made was poised to crumble. Could someone end the battle for the throne, or would the citadel fall as quickly as its lord?

Count Lord Dingdong had been poisoned. He was the Prior Lord and the Narrator.
The Heir was exiled for treason, to make the 2nd-in-line the Lord.
The Heir fights this fallacy of a crime as the Rival Lord.
The fight for the crown begins...
Living Players:
{table=head]##|Player Name
01|bladescape
02|sparky9042
03|usourselves&we
04|Chessgeek
09|Rogue Nine
12|Thattaman
13|ThePhantom
17|Internet Flea
18|Sabeki
23|tman2nd
29|Zar Peter
30|Zjoot
34|Amidus Drexel
42|HedgehogRanger
60|razovor[/table]

Day 1 begins
...and will end in 48 hours

Rules reminders:
1/4 of living non-Clueless Newcomers is required to lynch someone. Currently 4 votes minimum.
Dead players can return as a new role after 2 day/night cycles pass. They enter as Clueless Newcomers.
Clueless Newcomers may vote to lynch but may not be lynched. Likewise, they cannot be Night Killed (NKed). They lose this protection when they gain their role.
Post lynch votes in red and remember to cross old ones out.
Ties result in no lynch or Executioner lynch. If the majority of votes is for No Lynch, the Executioner (if any) decides.
Role names are revealed on lynch but not on Night Kill. Powers and alignments aren't revealed.
No players are connected. There are no Masons.
Fools are told they are Seers. Any person with a Scry could be a Fool.
If two players scry the same person, they return a No Scry.
There may or may not be some Supporters, Usurpers, and Mercenaries alive. Current numbers are not revealed. You could be in the majority or the minority...
Mercenaries start neutral but can be hired to either side...
Players get wins for fulfilling personal win conditions, surviving to get a team win, and for every 5 day/night cycles they're alive.
The player with the most wins wins overall! The players on the winning team also win!
NO PMs or sharing QTs!
If you do not vote for 3 days in a row, you are autolynched. You will have until the end of the next day phase to reclaim the character, or it dies.

Now, go vote! And onlookers, join as Clueless Newcomers! :smallsmile:

Zjoot
2013-08-11, 11:45 AM
Well let's get this thing started with a vote for usourselves&we because why not.

Tris
2013-08-11, 12:09 PM
*picks a random number* I'll vote for razovor

ThePhantom
2013-08-11, 01:34 PM
Amidus Drexel will be my vote.

razovor
2013-08-11, 05:43 PM
I'll go for tman2nd

Tris
2013-08-11, 06:12 PM
I'll go for tman2nd

I'd probably do the same thing in your position. :smalltongue:

If anyone follows razovor. I'll change my vote to you.

usourselves&we
2013-08-11, 06:57 PM
The Gods of Chance (http://www.random.org/) say Rogue Nine.

Chessgeek
2013-08-11, 07:14 PM
If anyone follows razovor. I'll change my vote to you.

Well that's just way too tempting. tman2nd.

Tris
2013-08-11, 08:21 PM
The Gods of Chance (http://www.random.org/) say Rogue Nine.

That's what I used for my choice.

Well that's just way too tempting. tman2nd.

Oh, great. I probably shouldn't have said that. :smallfrown:
Chessgeek

sparky9042
2013-08-11, 08:26 PM
This is going to be fun.

tman2nd

Internet Flea
2013-08-11, 08:53 PM
Well, looks like tman2nd is going to need to give us a reason to keep him around. Role claim, alignment, something we can test.

I do want to draw attention to this quote, however:

There may or may not be some Supporters, Usurpers, and Mercenaries alive.

So it's possible that a lynch today will hurt everyone playing.

Tris
2013-08-11, 08:57 PM
Well, looks like tman2nd is going to need to give us a reason to keep him around. Role claim, alignment, something we can test.

I do want to draw attention to this quote, however:

So it's possible that a lynch today will hurt everyone playing.

I am a seer. For which side I'm not sure I want to say because I don't know if I'm in the majority.

Zjoot
2013-08-11, 09:31 PM
Well a seer is kind of pointless for any specific side in a blind game like this, considering you'd have to share your scries in thread or keep them to yourself.

sparky9042
2013-08-11, 09:45 PM
You could always lie about the scries, too.

Rogue Nine
2013-08-11, 10:09 PM
usourselves&we for great vengeance.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-11, 11:45 PM
Current Vote Tally (36 hours left):
tman2nd - 4 (razovor, Chessgeek, sparky9042, Internet Flea)
usourselves&we - 2 (Zjoot, Rogue Nine)
Amidus Drexel - 1 (ThePhantom)
Rogue Nine - 1 (usourselves&we)
Chessgeek - 1 (tman2nd)

No Vote - 6 (bladescape, Thattaman, Sabeki, Zar Peter, Amidus Drexel, HedgehogRanger)

4 min to lynch, else Executioner decides...

Tris
2013-08-12, 12:11 AM
Changing my vote to usourselves&we.

Zar Peter
2013-08-12, 12:28 AM
I will point at tman2nd because I think he's a danger for the crown and a rebel against our beloved king.

Tris
2013-08-12, 12:50 AM
I will point at tman2nd because I think he's a danger for the crown and a rebel against our beloved king.
If you are loyal to the king you should point your finger away from me. I am his loyal servant. I am his Informant.

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-12, 02:58 AM
Voting for &we on the off chance that tman2nd is telling the truth.

razovor
2013-08-12, 03:19 AM
tman2nd gave us information, so i'll go for someone else.

Hedgehog Ranger

sparky9042
2013-08-12, 03:21 AM
I'm going to change my vote to Amidus Drexel.

Tris
2013-08-12, 03:40 AM
Now that I only have 3 votes I am switching my vote to a random person who hasn't posted. I was voting for usourselves&we because they were the people with the most votes besides me.

bladescape

usourselves&we
2013-08-12, 04:51 AM
Amidus Drexel because it is nice to have a three-three-three up in here. Isn't it wicked killer that just a role name convinces people nowadays?

[REDACTED] - With a quick look over a person's possessions and manner[REDACTED]! While [REDACTED], you do what you can to support the [REDACTED].

You are [REDACTED]. Every night, target a player to get their [REDACTED]. To fulfill your win condition, you must [REDACTED]

And really most people would claim to be on the 'Good' side (talking about tman2nd here) it's just what people are conditioned to do, it's a lot more fun to [REDACTED].

sparky9042
2013-08-12, 04:58 AM
There's more to it than just a role name. :smallsmile:

There's also who's making what moves and claims, what's being said, what's left unsaid, what's being implied, the fact that I was partially responsible for Amidus's character's death in a PbP game we're in and I think it'd be hilarious to pull it off again... wait what?

usourselves&we
2013-08-12, 05:15 AM
It is terribly fun to imply things, not say some things (sometimes), white texting some things,
forgetting to say things not so much but it's alright.
you seem like a good person, please stay around.

Internet Flea
2013-08-12, 09:01 AM
I'll switch to &we for now.

Thattaman
2013-08-12, 10:54 AM
I'll vote for usourselves&we

Count Dingdong
2013-08-12, 11:14 AM
Current Vote Tally (24 hours left):
usourselves&we - 5 (Zjoot, Rogue Nine, Amidus Drexel, Internet Flea, Thattaman)
Amidus Drexel - 3 (ThePhantom, sparky9042, usourselves&we)
tman2nd - 2 (Chessgeek, Zar Peter)
HedgehogRanger - 1 (razovor)
bladescape - 1 (tman2nd)

No Vote - 3 (bladescape, Sabeki, HedgehogRanger)

sparky9042
2013-08-12, 11:16 AM
It's fascinating that everyone goes after &we for...why?

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-12, 11:49 AM
There's more to it than just a role name. :smallsmile:

There's also who's making what moves and claims, what's being said, what's left unsaid, what's being implied, the fact that I was partially responsible for Amidus's character's death in a PbP game we're in and I think it'd be hilarious to pull it off again... wait what?

*snicker* :smallamused:

Bandwagons (http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3vh4rs/).

Thattaman
2013-08-12, 11:51 AM

I'm going because other people are, so if &we retaliates it could be at four other people, rather than if I went for someone with only one or two people on them, they are more likely to retaliate against me.

usourselves&we
2013-08-12, 05:44 PM
Aww, is it because of all the redacted info? cause it was needed for fun reasons, it's all misled anyway with a simple word you can Divine what we really do.

Tris
2013-08-12, 05:50 PM
Aww, is it because of all the redacted info? cause it was needed for fun reasons, it's all misled anyway with a simple word you can Divine what we really do.

I have no idea why a bandwagon formed around you. It just seemed to happen suddenly for no particular reason.

usourselves&we
2013-08-12, 06:11 PM
it's not really no reason when we mostly said tricking people is fun and basically rewrote our role by removing parts from it.

Tris
2013-08-12, 06:16 PM
it's not really no reason when we mostly said tricking people is fun and basically rewrote our role by removing parts from it.

You already had 3 votes before that.

usourselves&we
2013-08-12, 06:24 PM
Three doesn't really make a stable wagon, four on the other hand is an evil number.

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-12, 06:43 PM
Three doesn't really make a stable wagon, four on the other hand is an evil number.

I thought 17 was the evil number... :smallamused: :smalltongue:

More seriously, though, Day 1 bandwagons don't normally make sense. Trying to justify them is a bit silly.

Zjoot
2013-08-12, 07:42 PM
I think Amidus Drexel is an evil number and that ties are just so super fun. :smallamused:

usourselves&we
2013-08-12, 08:25 PM
I thought 17 was the evil number... :smallamused: :smalltongue:

More seriously, though, Day 1 bandwagons don't normally make sense. Trying to justify them is a bit silly.

Then why not vote for the one we both slightly referenced? Really though why not be a bit silly day one, or forever on in our case.

bladescape
2013-08-12, 09:07 PM
I vote we make this a tri-tie. Hedgehog Ranger get up here.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-12, 11:18 PM
Current Vote Tally (12 hours left):
usourselves&we - 4 (Rogue Nine, Amidus Drexel, Internet Flea, Thattaman)
Amidus Drexel - 4 (ThePhantom, sparky9042, usourselves&we, Zjoot)
tman2nd - 2 (Chessgeek, Zar Peter)
HedgehogRanger - 2 (razovor, bladescape)
bladescape - 1 (tman2nd)

No Vote - 2 (Sabeki, HedgehogRanger)

HedgehogRanger
2013-08-12, 11:21 PM
The coin I flipped says usourselves&we

Tris
2013-08-12, 11:27 PM
Amidus Drexel to maintain the tie.

Thattaman
2013-08-13, 03:00 AM
I'd rather not have the executioner decide (who I think may be tman2nd) so I'll switch to Amidus Drexel

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-13, 03:11 AM
Hey, I'm just the Jester - I get a random power each night. Honestly don't know how useful that's going to be, but I'm loyal to the king, for what that's worth.

Chessgeek
2013-08-13, 03:55 AM
As much as I would like to lynch Amidus, I would feel a little bad about getting him killed a third game in a row, especially so early. Therefore, usourselves&we for saying that four is an evil number.

razovor
2013-08-13, 04:21 AM
[REDACTED] - With a quick look over a person's possessions and manner[REDACTED]! While [REDACTED], you do what you can to support the [REDACTED].

You are [REDACTED]. Every night, target a player to get their [REDACTED]. To fulfill your win condition, you must [REDACTED].

So you're claiming to have an investigation power? Are you a full cop? A role cop? A team cop?

Tris
2013-08-13, 10:48 AM
I'd rather lynch usourselves&we than Amidus Drexel.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-13, 11:40 AM
Day 1

The new lord meets his people in the the square the following day to give them the sad news, his voice cracking at times throughout. "It is with a twice-heavy heart that I greet you. Last night, our Lord was poisoned. The culprit was discovered to be my brother, our beloved heir. Sadly, he had fled the citadel by then, and we have yet to find him. Still, this is not a time for killing. We must stay strong and unified in our time of trial, as my father would have wanted. There may be discord for a time, but it will pass. The dissenters will be found and taken care of. In the meantime, nothing has changed. I've spoken with my father's merchants, and they are happy to continue our transactions for years to come. But today is still a day of mourning, and I'm sure you all grieve as I do. You are all excused from your work. I couldn't ask you to do what I could not. It was difficult enough to compose myself enough to inform you, but I felt I had to do it personally. I'm sorry, but if you'll excuse me..." With that, the lord walked out to leave the crowd to their business.

"This is terrible! Who do you think coulda done it?"
"You know, I think I saw that guy skulking around somewhere near the castle a few days back. He's probably done something! Maybe he'll say something if we torture him!"
"Ahem. I'd... appreciate it if you don't do that. Things could get ugly."
"See! He's threatening us! He must be guilty!"
"Now, now, settle down. You only said skulking. I happen to be working for the lord, looking for intruders. An Informant, shall we say. There's no way I'd hurt him!"
"Hah! You could always be lying!"
"Hey, stop bullying the poor guy! He's answered your question, and now's a time for mourning, not killing!"
"You know, those three over there seem suspicious, too!"
"What makes us suspicious! Is a name all that's important nowadays?"
"Then we can give you a name too! We're [REDACTED]" The third clamps his hand over his mouth.
"Shh! Let's keep that to ourselves!"
"What'd you say?"
"...we see stuff."
"That's not enough! Kill him!"
"No, kill him!"
"Wait, me? Why me?"
"It'd be hilarious! ...also, ties."
"I can dig that. I'm the Jester after all! Who knows what I do? I don't!"
"Well, for goodness' sake, kill someone!"
"HOLD IT!!! Our lord said today's a day of mourning, not killing. No killing anyone! If you want to kill someone, you'll have to go through all of us!"
"YEAH!!!"
"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a candle to light and some praying to do. I suggest you do the same. Good day. ...or not, as the case may be."

The crowd slowly dispersed, and the citadel grew quieter. As they had said, no killing was done that day. All mourned the passing of their great lord and hoped the new lord would keep the citadel in as good a shape as his father. But the coming days wouldn't be the same. Paranoia would grow, and Usurpers would battle Supporters in public and in private, recruiting Mercenaries for help until only one side survived, and only one Lord would emerge victorious. The only question was: who?

No one was lynched*. Today's a day fit only for mourning...
*This was a preplanned event, not the effect of a power. No more second chances...
Living Players:
01|bladescape
02|sparky9042
03|usourselves&we
04|Chessgeek
09|Rogue Nine
12|Thattaman
13|ThePhantom
17|Internet Flea
18|Sabeki
23|tman2nd
29|Zar Peter
30|Zjoot
34|Amidus Drexel
42|HedgehogRanger
60|razovor[/table]

Night 1 begins
...and will end in 24 hours

Missed 1 Day
Sabeki

Tris
2013-08-13, 11:54 AM
That narration was hilarious. It definitely reflected the insanity of our first day of voting.

sparky9042
2013-08-13, 03:30 PM
As insane as our voting was, I'm sure Count Dingdong's probably enjoying what passes for sane attempts at night actions on our parts...

Count Dingdong
2013-08-13, 10:51 PM
Heh. Sanity. It's hard to remember what that feels like. This looks to be an... interesting game, to say the least.

Night's about half over, and I've got bit over half the night actions. Make sure to get them in!

Count Dingdong
2013-08-14, 11:58 AM
Night 1

As night falls on the citadel, the mourning has been long completed, and people have gone about their merry and not-so-merry lives. A few are trailed, for protection or for information... and some for other reasons. In one alleyway, a merry chase is being led, as a man barrels through, chased by his pursuer. Thinking he's lost the man, he stops for breath, panting heavily. Suddenly, he's pushed against the alley wall.

"Who are you? Why were you lurking about so near to my place?"
"I- I don't know, don't know what you're talking about! Y-Y-You've got th-the wrong man!"
"Huh?" The pursuer looked over the man. "...drat, I do. Carry on, then."

Back in the alleyway, a scuffle can be heard. The former pursuer stands there in bewilderment, his former target long gone, his recently captured target recently fled. The scuffle continues, a clang of metal against metal, a yowl of a cat, then silence. Shaking his head, the pursuer finally returns home, for some sleep before dawn.

Elsewhere, a group of people are playing poker in a dimly lit room. "Check!" "Checkmate!" "Psst. Wrong game." "Right you are. I'll raise you... two peanuts and a coke." "Huh. Well, I fold." ... ... ... There's a long pause as the players look at each other.
"Right. My turn. I'll raise you a flag."
"I hope you're not waiting on me. I already folded."
"I missed that. Fine, I'll call your peanuts and coke. Reveal on three?" "What about my flag?"
"Whenever! 3... 2... 1..." "I RAISED A FLAG!!!"
"2 nickels and a dime." "Huh. I took a Chance and 2 Community Chests." "Beat you all! 3 Lemons make Lemonade!"
"I think the Chance is more than the dime. Red probably wins."
"Hah! I told you my queen had cornered your king on the market!" "WHAT ABOUT ME???"
"SOMEBODY LISTEN TO ME!!!"
*CRASH*
"AAAAHH!!!" *crash...*
"...did that chandelier just fall?"
"I think it did. ...is that a cat?"
"Oh, is that what that noise was? I couldn't place it all night! ...weird."
"...so what do you think killed it?"
"It was MC Orange, in the Living Room, with the Chandelier!"
"I think that broke the tie? Red wins!"
"...what were we playing, anyway?" "Calvinball!"
"Hey, look! The cat's awake!"
"...drats. Does that mean I lost?"

Elsewhere, a shot rings out, and a man falls with asthud. The startled bystander standing nearby (as bystanders are wont to do) began to loot his body... for identification. It was later discovered that Internet Flea had been shot, in the chest, by a shooter.

Eventually, the sun rises. It's assumed the moon set as well.

A cat was crushed by a chandelier. Its role is a secret...
Internet Flea was shot in the chest. His role is not revealed...
Internet Flea can return as a Clueless Newcomer on Day 4.
The cat has eight more lives... :smallwink:
Living Players:
01|bladescape
02|sparky9042
03|usourselves&we
04|Chessgeek
09|Rogue Nine
12|Thattaman
13|ThePhantom
18|Sabeki
23|tman2nd
29|Zar Peter
30|Zjoot
34|Amidus Drexel
42|HedgehogRanger
60|razovor[/table]

Day 2 begins

Missed 1 Day
Sabeki

4 votes minimum to lynch!

razovor
2013-08-14, 12:12 PM
Internet Flea voted for usourselves&we, so I'll vote for them for now.

sparky9042
2013-08-14, 12:16 PM
Is yesterday's voting pattern really anything to make sensible decisions out of?

razovor
2013-08-14, 12:22 PM
It's possible Internet Flea was a targeted kill, though he could have been deliberately killed to get usourselves&we lynched. I don't know.

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-14, 12:27 PM
Is yesterday's voting pattern really anything to make sensible decisions out of?

Do we have anything better to go on? Voting &we for now.

sparky9042
2013-08-14, 12:29 PM
Amidus Drexel because let's do this again.

ThePhantom
2013-08-14, 01:18 PM
Amidus Drexel, based on my memories of other games.

Thattaman
2013-08-14, 03:53 PM
I'm going to go for &we for above reasons.

sparky9042
2013-08-14, 04:14 PM
I am curious...what memories of other games?

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-14, 04:22 PM
I am curious...what memories of other games?

I've played in several games here... not sure which ones he's talking about, though. I tend to do a lot of talking regardless of whether I'm a wolf or a villager.

sparky9042
2013-08-14, 04:57 PM
I wonder what meaning there is to the nighttime event narration.

Tris
2013-08-14, 05:06 PM

I'm most curious about who the cat is.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-14, 05:10 PM
I'm most curious about who the cat is.
:smallsmile:

Tris
2013-08-14, 05:13 PM
:smallsmile:

Looks like you're having fun with this.

Zjoot
2013-08-14, 05:17 PM
The logic for voting &we isn't very good...I'll go with razovor.

sparky9042
2013-08-14, 05:20 PM
Is that really the logic for the &we voting? That Internet Flea voted for &we?

Tris
2013-08-14, 05:26 PM
Is that really the logic for the &we voting? That Internet Flea voted for &we?

I definitely don't buy it. I actually tried to scry &we last night, but got a no scry, so I can't be very helpful right now.

usourselves&we
2013-08-14, 06:42 PM
We had the misfortune of stealing looking through Flea's stuff . . . speaking with the gods about Flea, let's just say nothing of interest was lost . . . maybe, yeah let's go with that.

So you're claiming to have an investigation power? Are you a full cop? A role cop? A team cop?
Us a seer!? hahaha- *cough* um yea- yeah of course we are a seer, like the best one here . . . in the world, of all time, in every universe, give us gold.
razovor for insinuating we'd kill people, where would the gold come from then, huh?

Tris
2013-08-14, 07:10 PM
We had the misfortune of stealing looking through Flea's stuff . . . speaking with the gods about Flea, let's just say nothing of interest was lost . . . maybe,

Us a seer!? hahaha- *cough* um yea- yeah of course we are a seer, like the best one here . . . in the world, of all time, in every universe,

razovor for insinuating we'd kill people,

I'm starting to have suspicions that you are the opposite seer from me, so I'm going to vote usourselves&we

usourselves&we
2013-08-14, 07:39 PM
. . . seer ≠ us if that wasn't clear. We've been playing true to our role for most to all of our posts.

Tris
2013-08-14, 09:06 PM
. . . seer ≠ us if that wasn't clear. We've been playing true to our role for most to all of our posts.

Why did you say that you're a seer?

Us a seer!? hahaha- *cough* um yea- yeah of course we are a seer, like the best one here . . . in the world, of all time, in every universe,

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-14, 09:09 PM
Why did you say that you're a seer?

Er... I think that's about as obviously sarcastic as you can get without tacking the word "sarcasm" onto the end. :smallwink:

And that's ignoring the whitetext, too. Hrm... I'm not really sure there's much to be had in pointing at the same person again, and he's said something or other about his role. I'll point at Phantom, because I want to know what he's talking about.

sparky9042
2013-08-14, 11:20 PM
Psst. Amidus. Line out your old vote.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-15, 12:11 AM
Current Votes (36 hours left):
usourselves&we - 3 (razovor, Thattaman, tman2nd)
Amidus Drexel - 2 (sparky9042, ThePhantom)
razovor - 2 (Zjoot, usourselves&we)
ThePhantom - 1 (Amidus Drexel)

No Vote - 6 (bladescape, Chessgeek, Rogue Nine, Sabeki, Zar Peter, HedgehogRanger)

4 minimum to lynch, else Executioner decides...

bladescape
2013-08-15, 05:57 AM
Razavor, reveal thy secrets!

And yeah, &we was definitely sarcastic about being a seer. I would suggest he's more likely a thief role or something.

EDIT:
OR I suddenly realise I think I actually know what he's insinuating, which would be an insanely important role if true. I'll say no more.

Zar Peter
2013-08-15, 06:33 AM
I'd like to hear more of razovor, too.

razovor
2013-08-15, 07:20 AM
And yeah, &we was definitely sarcastic about being a seer. I would suggest he's more likely a thief role or something.

Sarcasm? That didn't occur to me. I'm looking back over Us's post, and I genuinely don't see it. Just seems like a partial role reveal to me, but whatever.

Not sure who else to vote for. I guess ThePhantom looks slightly suspicious

Razavor, reveal thy secrets!

You spelt my name wrong. I'm a mercenary alchemist. I used my blue potion on Tman2nd last night. Not sure what it does. Did you get anything beside a no-scry result Tman?

Tris
2013-08-15, 09:01 AM
You spelt my name wrong. I'm a mercenary alchemist. I used my blue potion on Tman2nd last night. Not sure what it does. Did you get anything beside a no-scry result Tman?

No. That's all that happened.

Rogue Nine
2013-08-15, 10:06 AM
razovor for now.

bladescape
2013-08-15, 11:46 AM
On second thoughts, Zar Peter

Count Dingdong
2013-08-15, 11:51 AM
Current Votes (24 hours left):
razovor - 4 (Zjoot, usourselves&we, Zar Peter, Rogue Nine)
usourselves&we - 2 (Thattaman, tman2nd)
Amidus Drexel - 2 (sparky9042, ThePhantom)
ThePhantom - 2 (Amidus Drexel, razovor)
Zar Peter - 1 (bladescape)

No Vote - 2 (Chessgeek, HedgehogRanger)

4 minimum to lynch, else Executioner decides...

Count Dingdong
2013-08-15, 02:19 PM
With that, we're down to 13. Sabeki is busy and won't be able to continue with the game, so I'm autolynching him. However, his role is being recycled back into the role list, so there's now a role 61 spot!

If he has the time to play later, he can join as a Clueless Newcomer. As can anyone else! :smallsmile:

HedgehogRanger
2013-08-15, 08:34 PM
razovor seems like a good choice here.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-16, 12:18 AM
~12 hours left to end of day. Chessgeek still needs to vote. I trust you can all work out what's changed since my last vote update. :smalltongue:

Chessgeek
2013-08-16, 12:55 AM
ThePhantom because razovor at least offered a role. Not that it matters at this point.

sparky9042
2013-08-16, 12:58 AM
What does an alchemist even do?

Tris
2013-08-16, 12:59 AM
What does an alchemist even do?

Apparently, It involves giving potions to people.

sparky9042
2013-08-16, 01:02 AM
So it's a role of some sort that would let razovor use potions on people, which have different effects...

razovor
2013-08-16, 04:12 AM
I don't have much time left, and I'd rather not die, so I'll just drop the charade.

I am the Loyalist Bodyguard. I can protect someone from death every night. And while I'm alive the Lord can't be lynched.

Loyalists, you need to keep me alive. Usurpers, you should probably try to lynch me.

'Bodyguard - You devote your life to protecting your lord. While you are alive, the Lord may not be lynched. In the night, he sends you out to protect a subordinate instead. You will make sure to uphold your lord's wishes and protect them from those deadly Mercenaries and Usurpers! But obviously assassins sent by your lord are fine.'

Thattaman
2013-08-16, 04:34 AM
I don't have much time left, and I'd rather not die, so I'll just drop the charade.

I am the Loyalist Bodyguard. I can protect someone from death every night. And while I'm alive the Lord can't be lynched.

Loyalists, you need to keep me alive. Usurpers, you should probably try to lynch me.

'Bodyguard - You devote your life to protecting your lord. While you are alive, the Lord may not be lynched. In the night, he sends you out to protect a subordinate instead. You will make sure to uphold your lord's wishes and protect them from those deadly Mercenaries and Usurpers! But obviously assassins sent by your lord are fine.'

Very clever, your going to get people to stop lynching you because you say you're a supporter, but you're probably a usurper trying to stay alive. So, I'll change my vote to razovor

razovor
2013-08-16, 04:47 AM
Very clever, your going to get people to stop lynching you because you say you're a supporter, but you're probably a usurper trying to stay alive. So, I'll change my vote to razovor

I'm a loyalist. But still mercenaries have no reason to get involved in the loyalist/usurper battle. So you're not a mercenary. We've already had three people claim to be a loyalist. If I am to believe them, it's unlikely you're also a loyalist.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-16, 12:00 PM
Day 2

"Hey, look. Someone's dead."
"Oh, is he? Probably just some drunkard."
"Nah, seems pretty dead to me. Hey, who'd he point at yesterday?"
"That triple guy."
"Sounds good to me. Ready to get revenge?"
"Ready."

And so a group of people go off to confront the others about this horrible death in the city. And the pickpocketing, of course. They wanted that gold for themselves! ...but then, who doesn't want gold?

"Hmm... That Jester guy, for the lols. Again!"
"Eh, I have other reasons, but sure."
"No, the triple guy is to blame, for sure!"
"Did they ever figure out what made that chandelier drop?"
"No, I'm more worried about the cat. How'd it survive that?" "Nine lives!"
"Oh, there you are. What'd you find out last night?"
"...nothing."
"What about you, other investigator?"
"Is that us you speak of? ...of course it is, of course! *cough*"
"...that is, if we did more than... do stuff. To Internet Flea... stuff."
"white text, white text..."
"Huh... maybe... I'll stay quiet for now."
"Hey, you! Green guy against the triple people! What type of reasoning do you have?"
"Other day's points, of course. What else?"
"Obviously that's flawed! Guys, get him!"
"All right. Still, that Phantom guy seems suspicious, too... But all right. I'm an Alchemist. Did my blue potion cause your No-Scry?"
"Huh? ...maybe?"
"C'mon guys, that may be enough for some people, but we won't let him off so easy! Get him!"
"Fine, fine. I'm the Bodyguard. I protect you all, the Lord above all else. Supporters, help? ...also, everyone who points against me is a traitor. Kill them."
"Clever. But probably still a liar. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on... me, again. How'd that saying go?"
"...anyone?"

The mob converged on razovor. In the end, his excuses weren't enough. No one likes a dirty, rotten liar, it seems. Even when they do speak the truth.

At the end of the day, two bodies lie dead on the ground.

"Who's the second guy? ...did we kill him too?"
"Dunno. I 'aven't seen 'im in town before."
"Huh. No harm, no foul."
"Any idea who he is?"
"Not at all."

razovor was lynched. He was the Bodyguard.
Sabeki was auto-lynched. His role is not revealed and is shuffled back into the deck.
razovor can return as a Clueless Newcomer on Night 4.
Sabeki can return whenever.
Living Players:
01|bladescape
02|sparky9042
03|usourselves&we
04|Chessgeek
09|Rogue Nine
12|Thattaman
13|ThePhantom
23|tman2nd
29|Zar Peter
30|Zjoot
34|Amidus Drexel
42|HedgehogRanger[/table]

Night 2 begins

Penguinator
2013-08-16, 06:39 PM
Put me in, Coach. 56, please.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-17, 12:47 AM
Put me in, Coach. 56, please.

*gasp* Who's this new player?

...I mean... Uh... Welcome, sir! You'd like the... 56 special? It'll be out soon! People've told us our specials are truly special, each and every one unique. You're sure to get something grand!

...for the rest of you, good work! I'll make fine cooks out of you! I'm only missing a few of your actions! If you haven't checked your orders (read: QT), go check them now! Chop, chop! Our guests need their food, pronto! Less than 12 hours til we close for the night!

*whisper, whisper, whisper*

...whattaya mean "we're a 24-hour restaurant; we stay open all the time?" We're only open 24 hours from opening, of course! Now, get to work! Time's a wasting!

((Pardon my boredom. I felt the want for RP. :smalltongue:))

Penguinator
2013-08-17, 10:10 AM
*gasp* Who's this new player?

"What you mean, new? I've been standin' 'ere for the better part of an hour."

Count Dingdong
2013-08-17, 01:38 PM
Night 2

It's dark.

"Where are we?"
"Who knows?"
"How'd we get here?"
"...were we kidnapped?"
"Why's it so dark?"
"Are we likely to be eaten by a grue?" "What?"
"What?"
"Do you not know that?" ... Aaaahhh, what was that?" "Isn't it obviously me?"
"What was what?" "Or are you not talking about me?"
"Didn't something just brush past us?"
"What was it? Could you see it?"
"Could you? Have you noticed the pitch darkness?"
"...have you found a lightswitch?" "Have you looked over here?"
"Don't you think I would have turned it on?" "What's- AAAAAAAAHHH!!!
"Hey, what's that light?" "AAAAAAAAHHH!!!
"Is that a trapdoor out of here?" "AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
"...is that a cat?" "AAAAAAHHH!!!
"...is that a giant frying pan?" "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
"...is there a better way out?" "AAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
"I don't know about you, but I'm staying right here." "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
"Hah! I win!" "AAAAHHH!!!
"Huh?" "AAAAAAAAHHH!!!
"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
On top of another building, a lone figure watches over another, blade in hand. He's quiet, a shadow on the roofs, but another's as quiet elsewhere.

*ratatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata*

...or maybe not so quiet anymore. His blade escaping his grip to land on the roof, bladescape falls from roof to ground, dead. From the shadows, another man comes to... inspect the body. You know what they say! "Always loot the bodies!" ...for identification. This is a law-abiding- ...ah, who am I kidding. The body is found in the morning, stripped of its worldly possessions. But those who know him know for sure that it's bladescape lying there, dead.

Rewinding to earlier that night, a man walks into the "Late-nite Diner: Open 24 hours for your meals and midnight snacks!"
"I'll take the 56 Special?"
"Right you are, sir, coming right up! Ah here it is, quick as a flash."
"I- Is that... Is that a cat?"
"Yes, sir, finest cat in town! Lightly fried and charbroiled, with a nice orange glaze, placed over a nice bed of wild rice. The 56 Special you said, right?"
"Ah! Yes! ...right you are. ...I'll be going then."
"...Sir?"

A cat fell through a trapdoor, out of the frying pan, and into the fire. It died. Again. Its role is still a secret.
bladescape was shot. His role is not revealed.
One Clueless Newcomer has arrived! Let's give him a warm welcome!
bladescape can return as a Clueless Newcomer on Day 5.
The cat has seven more lives... :smalltongue:
Living Players:
02|sparky9042
03|usourselves&we
04|Chessgeek
09|Rogue Nine
12|Thattaman
13|ThePhantom
23|tman2nd
29|Zar Peter
30|Zjoot
34|Amidus Drexel
42|HedgehogRanger
--|Clueless Newcomers
56|Penguinator[/table]

Day 3 begins

3 votes minimum to lynch...

"Hey, hey! Did you hear? The market's in town today!"
"Really? Which stores are open today?"
"Rumor has it it's Evelyn's Eyeglass Emporium, Knives R Us, and Stop, In the Name of the Law!"
"I hear they've got good wares!"
"You'd better beware! Some of the stuff's faulty. And sells out. Better prices, better quality, they say!"
"Hey, is that-? It is! The Option Auction's here! Better bid before there's no options left!"

Today's Market Day!
It's also Auction Day!

Wow, these events pile on fast, don't they? For Market Day, you can buy items in your QT! Give an amount of money and a shop (listed above), and you may buy something! The more money you pay, the better the item. Also, there's a chance the item you're searching for is sold out. In this case, you don't spend your money, but you don't get the item. Again, the more you pay, the lower that chance! Buy many pretty worthless items at low cost, or buy few more valuable items at higher cost. The choice is up to you!

For Auction Day, you've all made it a little late to the Option Auction. There's only one option left! The best price wins! You can do your bidding in-thread or in-QT. If you bid more than you have, your bid will be annulled. Money used to buy items cannot be used for the auction.

Today's item: Mystery Item!!!!!! - Only the winner will know what he wins! ...however, the winner won't be publicly revealed. Maybe you'll figure out later?

usourselves&we
2013-08-17, 07:04 PM
Umm, hmm, flowers . . . Sorry we don't do flowers, we do gold though you can buy our vote if you want. (vote will come as soon as CD confirms a transaction is ready to be sent (by the end of the day).)
So you could shop for potentially worthless stuff or you could buy a cold hard vote.

sparky9042
2013-08-17, 08:46 PM
Of course you want gold :smalltongue:

I mean, who doesn't? :smallwink:

Amidus Drexel. again.

Also, :smallmad:

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-17, 08:53 PM
I'm going to vote for Rogue Nine, unless something better comes along.

BourgeoisJerry
2013-08-17, 11:29 PM
A 41 year-old man with a permanent scowl on his face enters the Late-nite Diner and addresses the first person he sees who looks like an employee.

"You, go get the owner. Tell him that Klaus is back in town and wants to have a word with him about the crud he's been serving in this dump."

((Yay, I'm back! At least, I am for now.))

Zjoot
2013-08-17, 11:40 PM
Oh, I don't know...let's go with Chessgeek for now.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-18, 12:16 AM
A 41 year-old man with a permanent scowl on his face enters the Late-nite Diner and addresses the first person he sees who looks like an employee.

"You, go get the owner. Tell him that Klaus is back in town and wants to have a word with him about the crud he's been serving in this dump."

((Yay, I'm back! At least, I am for now.))
The diner is dead quiet, but there's a man inside mopping. "Ah! Sir! We're- ... we're closed right now, but I'll make sure ta tell him when we're open tonight! ...er, tomorrow?" He pauses, visibly thinking about something.

"Ah! Sir! ...there's the Market in town today. Might you be interested? While away the time til we're open? Hmm?"

((Welcome! I'll put you in as #41! You're in as a Clueless Newcomer today and can vote as soon as you like! A PM's coming with info for joining in on Market/Auction Day if you're interested. You'll get your role start of Day 4. :smallsmile:))

BourgeoisJerry
2013-08-18, 12:50 AM
Klaus steps outside for a moment, then returns. "I also need to talk to him about that sign out front. Open 24 hours doesn't mean you close in the morning."

((Personally, I'd like to hang the owner of this fine establishment, but I doubt we'll be able to find him. I'll care more about player deaths when I know which team I'm on. Or when there's a fun looking bandwagon to jump on.))

Count Dingdong
2013-08-18, 01:23 AM
Klaus steps outside for a moment, then returns. "I also need to talk to him about that sign out front. Open 24 hours doesn't mean you close in the morning."
"Ah! Sir! ...umm, I'll make sure ta tell him that. Will do." "...and it'll be my head he hangs, mind you. What number special will he make me?" *grumble grumble*

((Personally, I'd like to hang the owner of this fine establishment, but I doubt we'll be able to find him. I'll care more about player deaths when I know which team I'm on. Or when there's a fun looking bandwagon to jump on.))
:smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

-------------------------

Current Votes (36 hours left):
Amidus Drexel - 1 (sparky9042)
Rogue Nine - 1 (Amidus Drexel)
Chessgeek - 1 (Zjoot)
Owner of the Late-nite Diner - 1 (BourgeoisJerry)

No Vote - 8 (usourselves&we, Chessgeek, Rogue Nine, Thattaman, ThePhantom, tman2nd, Zar Peter, HedgehogRanger)
Clueless Newcomers are welcome to vote but don't get penalized for not voting. Penguinator hasn't voted yet but may.

3 votes minimum to lynch, else Executioner decides...

((For the record, voting for a non-player is similar to a vote for No Lynch, except that it doesn't count toward votes to No Lynch (which are different from No Votes!). If a non-player is voted lynched, the Executioner can still choose someone to lynch. But there may be the added bonus of whoever you chose being lynched! :smallamused:))

Tris
2013-08-18, 01:28 AM
I think I'll vote for the Owner of the Late-nite Diner because I have no reason to vote for anyone else. &we turned out fine when I scried last night.

Zjoot
2013-08-18, 02:44 AM
Which means that the people on the other wolf team probably want him dead now...

sparky9042
2013-08-18, 06:32 AM
I've got a fairly good guess as to &we's alignment.

If not that, his role.

One or the other.

You know what I will do, though? Stop voting against Amidus for no good reason.

tman2nd

Zar Peter
2013-08-18, 06:53 AM
I've got a fairly good guess as to &we's alignment.

If not that, his role.

One or the other.

You know what I will do, though? Stop voting against Amidus for no good reason.

tman2nd

And what's the reason behind tman2nd?

Point at sparky9042 for pointing at two people with no good reason.

sparky9042
2013-08-18, 07:15 AM
Fine, fine. I'll back down.

No lynch.

Still very much :smallannoyed:, though.

Someone care to tell me why? :smallsmile:

usourselves&we
2013-08-18, 07:40 AM
Which means that the people on the other wolf team probably want him dead now...
He could just be a fool alignment seer that thinks we are on his side, so no one needs to think about killing us. Really we are still wondering why people would target blade for a kill this early, bad call in our opinion.

Tris
2013-08-18, 10:27 AM
I think people are misunderstanding what I said about &we.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-18, 10:57 AM
Early vote tally b/c stuff.

Current Votes (26 hours left):
Owner of the Late-nite Diner - 2 (BourgeoisJerry, tman2nd)
Rogue Nine - 1 (Amidus Drexel)
Chessgeek - 1 (Zjoot)
sparky9042 - 1 (Zar Peter)
No Lynch - 1 (sparky9042)

No Vote - 6 (usourselves&we, Chessgeek, Rogue Nine, Thattaman, ThePhantom, HedgehogRanger)
Clueless Newcomers are welcome to vote but don't get penalized for not voting. Penguinator hasn't voted yet but may.

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-18, 11:31 AM
Point at chessgeek, because we need to lynch someone today, and barely anyone's voting...

ThePhantom
2013-08-18, 02:04 PM
Oh, lets put 60 gold for the auction, and Chessgeek for the lynch.

sparky9042
2013-08-18, 02:42 PM
Why Chessgeek, again? On the road right now and don't have time to go through pages of stuff.

Chessgeek
2013-08-18, 08:43 PM
Give me one more day (and night) of life and then I'll even help you lynch me.

Tris
2013-08-18, 09:24 PM
Chessgeek's offer strikes me as suspicious.

Chessgeek
2013-08-18, 11:08 PM
My win condition is to survive 3 days + nights, at which point I get baning powers. If I must die without using them, let it be tomorrow please.

sparky9042
2013-08-18, 11:16 PM
Owner of the late-night diner.

ThePhantom
2013-08-18, 11:27 PM
Rogue Nine

Tris
2013-08-18, 11:44 PM
My win condition is to survive 3 days + nights, at which point I get baning powers. If I must die without using them, let it be tommorow please.

Ok. Owner of the Late-nite Diner

Count Dingdong
2013-08-19, 12:09 AM
Current Votes (13 hours left):
Owner of the Late-nite Diner - 3 (BourgeoisJerry, sparky9042, tman2nd)
Chessgeek - 2 (Zjoot, Amidus Drexel)
Rogue Nine - 1 (ThePhantom)

No Vote - 5 (usourselves&we, Chessgeek, Rogue Nine, Thattaman, HedgehogRanger)

Also, @tman2nd, it helps if you cross out old votes.

Bunch of people still need to vote... get to it...

Tris
2013-08-19, 12:17 AM
Current Votes (13 hours left):
Owner of the Late-nite Diner - 3 (BourgeoisJerry, sparky9042, tman2nd)
Chessgeek - 2 (Zjoot, Amidus Drexel)
Rogue Nine - 1 (ThePhantom)

No Vote - 5 (usourselves&we, Chessgeek, Rogue Nine, Thattaman, HedgehogRanger)

Also, @tman2nd, it helps if you cross out old votes.

Bunch of people still need to vote... get to it...

Oops. I forgot. It's fixed now

Thattaman
2013-08-19, 01:25 AM
Okay, I'm going to go no lynch as well.

Rogue Nine
2013-08-19, 10:14 AM
Ironically, ThePhantom, you'd be the person who benefited LEAST from my lynching.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-19, 01:21 PM
Day 3

"Let's vote for random people. It's not like we have any clue anymore. Day 1 random FTW?"
"Sure! Let's pick... that guy!"
"And that guy!"
"...and that guy!"
"...yeah, this is going nowhere. Shopping time, anyone?"

Elsewhere, at a famed establishment.

"Hey, you. Get the owner. Klaus is back in town to fix this thing. The stuff I've heard's no good."
"Ah! Sir! ...he's not here right now. We're closed."
"Really? The sign says 24 hours. Does he not know what that means? Chalk that as another thing to talk about."
"Ah! Sir! ...of course, will do. When he's back. Can't say when that will be."
"Just make sure it's done."

Elsewhen, after he leaves.

"Did I hear voices here? ...of course not, we're closed. What's new, what's new? Any new specials for tomorrow?"
"Ah! Boss! ...when'd you arrive? ...uh, that is, a man named Klaus said to tell you... bout the stuff. Talk to him bout it sometime."
"Klaus, my man! ...where'd he go?"
"Ah! Boss! ...dunno, but Market's in town? Maybe there?"

Elsewho: others at the market.

"Hey, what's this I hear about a cat?"
"That diner! The whats-it-called! ...seems it's a "special" there."
"Gross! Who'd want to eat cat?"
"Yeah, they never die. You'd never know if it's still alive!"
"You're right! ...should we kill him?"
"Let's. ...you gonna buy that knife?"
"It's a good knife."

Elsewhat, the confrontation.

"Yo, Klaus, my man! How's it hanging? You had things to talk of?"
"Your practices are despicable. Cats? Don't you realize they'll take revenge? Revenge!!!"
"Huh? Cats? ...huh?"
"Furthermore, you're open 24 hours, every day! I shouldn't find you closed, ever! Really!"
"Buh? Wha? I was told-"
"No excuses! And to think I thought it good to leave the diner in your hands! What a mistake!"
"Huh? ...I've done nothing wrong!"
"Well, guys? Have you bought your knives? Have you listened well? Your decision?"

Elsehow, the death.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"
"Et tu... Klaus? ...huh, that doesn't sound as good."
"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"
*thud*

How else? Clueless. Who else? A newcomer.

"Muahahaha! Now I've come into my full powers! Fear me, love me, care nothing about me at all! ...something. Muahahaha!"
"...wait. I don't feel different at all! What a ripoff!"

The Owner of the Late-nite Diner was stabbed to death. Many times. With knives. ("Sharp knives for a quick death, blunt ones for slow! Or you can try our cooking knives for spectacular dishes! Courtesy of Knives R Us, Inc!") ...he was none of you and was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Another Clueless Newcomer has arrived! Let's give him a warm welcome!
Penguinator has gotten his role! He's not clueless anymore!
Living Players:
02|sparky9042
03|usourselves&we
04|Chessgeek
09|Rogue Nine
12|Thattaman
13|ThePhantom
23|tman2nd
29|Zar Peter
30|Zjoot
34|Amidus Drexel
42|HedgehogRanger
56|Penguinator
--|Clueless Newcomers
41|BourgeoisJerry[/table]

Night 3 begins

The auction is over. The item has been bought. The winner has been informed. What it was... remains a Mystery!!!!!!

Market Day is over. You've received whatever items you bought. A note: it takes rather a lot of money to get good items (or a good chance at getting any at all). While some of you got lucky, many of you did not. You might want to remember this for next Market Day. :smallwink:

Count Dingdong
2013-08-19, 04:54 PM
Klanos is joining as role #5! He's a Clueless Newcomer Night 3 and Day 4 and will have his role on Night 4.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-19, 10:43 PM
Waiting on 2 actions and 14 hours or so. Good job, guys!

Klanos
2013-08-20, 12:51 AM
Hiya! I've played some forum werewolf before, on a obsolete forum called WolfNoid, so I know my stuff, to a degree. Hope I can help and not get in the way too much!

Count Dingdong
2013-08-20, 01:29 PM
I have narration ready to post, but QuickTopic's down for maintenance. I have all actions in but want to make sure everyone gets results of actions at the same time. So... narration will be up once QT's back up!

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 03:19 PM
I was able to read my QT on my phone, but not on the netbook I'm using presently. For what that's worth.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-20, 03:28 PM
I'm getting this:

"We're back!

We're up and running again, so if you're seeing this page, try hitting your browser's back button, or you can go to the main QuickTopic page (www.quicktopic.com)."

...but the link's not working. >.<

I'm going to wait for it to work on my computer anyway, so I can be relatively sure that other people can access it. Also, I hate typing on my phone. And don't know how to copy/paste on it...

Edit: apparently, I can reach them through direct links. So, since I have them all bookmarked, that helps. Still, I have something to do soon, so the update may be delayed. Hopefully, they'll have the "My Topics" page fixed by then?

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 03:33 PM
I just switched browsers, and mine works on the netbook now.

I'm going to go scratch my head and let someone with ranks in Knowledge (computers) try to make something of the situation.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-20, 03:42 PM
I'm going to scratch my head, wonder at why 6 entire QuickTopics are missing posts that were definitely there before this entire thing, and leave this until I return. Luckily, my personal QT with narrator notes isn't one of those, but... hopefully they'll be restored?

...also, you're right. It seems to work in IE but not in Firefox (those are the two browsers I have installed). And those QTs that were missing posts aren't missing any in IE. Strange. Either way... I've stuff to do, so the update will be delayed. Hopefully not too much, though!

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 03:45 PM
Coincidentally, Firefox was giving me problems, and I just installed Opera and tried that out. No problems.

Anyone else got anything?

Count Dingdong
2013-08-20, 05:07 PM
No progress on QT, but... I have a narration! :smallsmile:

Night 3

In the dead of night, four people meet in an alley.

"Are we all here?"
"You were waiting for us. Just got here."
"Yes. Remember, everything spoken here, keep to ourselves."
"Who did you say you were?"
"Why, we're-"
"Us," "ourselves," "&we!"
"No, I mean who are you? Singular. You're only one person, you know."
"What do you mean? We're definitely..."
"Definitely us! How could you imply anything different?"
"No... I... I think he's... right! AAGH!!!"
"What did you do???"

In the dead of night, three people meet in an alley.

"How could you do this to us?"
"Yes, really! We mean you no harm at all! We're just minding our own business here!"
"But I- I just spoke the truth!"
"LIAR! You mean to do us all in! You're... an assassin, sent against us!"
"I- I don't know what you mean! You're the one who arranged this meeting! You had something for me, didn't you???"
"Calm down, we can step past this. I mean, we do have something for him, right? Huh? AAAGH!!!"
"YOU MURDERER!"

In the dead of night, two people meet in an alley.

"I swear, I meant nothing by it!"
"You've killed us! You've killed all of us! How could you?!?"
"No I haven't! I haven't killed you! You're still alive! ...what was it you have for me?"
"No, you haven't killed us yet. But as for this... you're not getting it. And I swear, when I'm done with- No! AAAAGH!!!"
"Really! What did I do???

In the dead of night, one person stands in an alley.

"Huh. I guess someone needs to bury the body?"
*BANG* "AAAHHH!!!"
"That should bring them over here!"

In the dead of night, three bodies remain in an alley. In the dead of night, one body remains in an alley. Locals determine that it's obviously usourselves&we. What he was doing there, they can't be sure, but without a doubt, it's him.

As dawn breaks, someone runs through town, yelling out. "GUYS! Hey guys! I've found out who Chessgeek is! Was! Is! Whatever! He's just an Evil Commoner! I saw it with mine own two eyes! Let's do something about it!"

From his window, Klaus looks out. "Don't know about that, but at least I know who I am!" Elsewhere, a newcomer slips into town pretty much unnoticed, until he trips over a wire and faceplants onto a cat. Suffice to say, that brought him notice and a dead cat.

usourselves&we used the singular and died of shock. Their role is not revealed.
A cat was crushed by a body. It died. Again. Its role is still a secret.
Another Clueless Newcomer has arrived! Let's give him a warm welcome!
BourgeoisJerry has gotten his role! He's not clueless anymore!
Internet Flea can return as a Clueless Newcomer Today!
usourselves&we can return as a Clueless Newcomer on Day 6.
The cat has six more lives... :smallbiggrin:
Living Players:
02|sparky9042
04|Chessgeek
09|Rogue Nine
12|Thattaman
13|ThePhantom
23|tman2nd
29|Zar Peter
30|Zjoot
34|Amidus Drexel
41|BourgeoisJerry
42|HedgehogRanger
56|Penguinator
--|Clueless Newcomers
05|Klanos[/table]

Day 4 begins

3 votes minimum to lynch...

Also, QuickTopic seems to be having problems on Firefox. They may work it out sometime, but for now try to use a different browser. If you have problems, PMs also work. :smallwink:

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 05:16 PM
What's up with the random green bit where Chessgeek is declared evil by someone? :smallconfused:

Tris
2013-08-20, 05:18 PM
I think Zjoot killed usourselves&we.

Penguinator
2013-08-20, 05:23 PM
What's up with the random green bit where Chessgeek is declared evil by someone? :smallconfused:

Count Dingdong has a tendency to create roles which have effects on the narrations. I think Zar Peter was one last game. I'm not positive.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-20, 05:53 PM

Count Dingdong has a tendency to create roles which have effects on the narrations. I think Zar Peter was one last game. I'm not positive.
Penguinator's right. There's a power I created called a Public Scry. Basically, you scry, but the results are public. Like with other Seers, Fools are possible.

The one from last game was called the Boy Who Cried Wolf, and it's somewhere in the mass role reveal here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14468066&postcount=1212). Of course, roles which use them don't necessarily work the same way. Also, items.

Rogue Nine
2013-08-20, 06:50 PM
Well Chessgeek, care to defend yourself?

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 07:00 PM
No lynch again. What's with that cat?

Klanos
2013-08-20, 07:22 PM
Way too early to call it. No lynch from me until further notice.

Klanos
2013-08-20, 07:25 PM
Hm. It's between Sparky and Tman. Tman claimed to be scrier early on, which means he may be a wolf (A strat I've seen used), and Sparky immediately voted. If he isn't very active, it's Sparky. I've got my suspicions about tman2nd, too

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 07:27 PM
My vote for no lynch was for the same reasons as yours.

Internet Flea
2013-08-20, 07:38 PM
Well, since I'm still following the thread I might as well join again.

Still want the old role hidden, Count?

Count Dingdong
2013-08-20, 07:54 PM
Just to make sure everyone knows, since we've had newcomers, and I've talked to people about this in a few QTs. Basically I just want to make this clear:

This game essentially has 2 "wolf" teams: the Supporters and Usurpers. They are never connected (because of revival problems), and each has the same roles. The "village" is Mercenaries, but they're also recruitable, so the village will eventually join 1 of the 2 wolf teams. The game ends when only one side remains (so it's actually possible for a Mercenary win, if all the Supporters and Usurpers are killed, leaving only Mercs. Recruiting just makes that more difficult). Because of this and not knowing what roles are in play, any side could have lynch control but not know it. For example, the [REDACTED] have lynch control right now! :smalltongue:

This info was probably scattered throughout the OP, but now it's in nice, concise form! Also, some people don't read the rules. Which reminds me: NO PMs between players. Or QTs. There hasn't been a problem yet, but preemptive strikes are nice. :smallsmile:

What's with that cat?
You'll see. When it dies. If it dies. There may or may not be hints of its role throughout narrations.

Well, since I'm still following the thread I might as well join again.
What number? Never mind, it's (sorta) in your QT. Edit: Internet Flea's joined as Role #61. He can vote today if he wants.

Still want the old role hidden, Count?
Truthfully, I'd like players to keep their roles hidden after death. No penalty if they do give it, but there's also a reason roles aren't revealed on death. :smalltongue: Then again, just like with normal role reveals, fake death-role reveals are allowed as well. Though, I suppose they're not quite as likely?

Of course, anything you learn from having a role is yours to use and share.

Tris
2013-08-20, 09:22 PM
Zjoot is really suspicious. I have a bad feeling about him.

Rogue Nine
2013-08-20, 09:32 PM
The cat's gotta go then.

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 09:35 PM
Why the cat? It seems like some kind of timer... I don't want it to reach zero anytime soon...

Tris
2013-08-20, 09:40 PM
The cat's gotta go then.

Maybe Zjoot is the cat. He has a lion avatar.

Internet Flea
2013-08-20, 09:41 PM
sparky9042, for having a vested interest in keeping the cat alive.

(Weird, I thought there were only sixty roles. Did I just ingeniously uncover a secret, or am I just not paying attention?)

EDIT: Tman's post above this one used to say "we should kill Zjoot", where it now says "he has a lion avatar". Probably means something to someone.

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 09:51 PM
No, Sabeki got autolynched by request due to lack of time, so his role was shuffled back in.

That's some real confidence in me you've got there, Internet Flea.

Yeah.

Why do you hate cats? :smallmad:

(when I say I don't want it to reach zero, I mean I'm scared of what happens when it does...)

Internet Flea
2013-08-20, 10:00 PM
Why do you hate cats? :smallmad:

Because it survived. :smallfurious:

Also I don't have a role yet so it's not like I can further my goals today. Might as well throw around wild accusations (since it worked so well when I did it Day 1).

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 10:08 PM
Why don't you be nice to me instead and go vote for someone else or maybe no one at all and we can all go eat ice cream and pet kittens in harmony? :smallbiggrin:

Internet Flea
2013-08-20, 10:12 PM
Why don't we all go eat kittens and harm pets in ice cream?

...that actually sounds like fun. You just earned yourself a no lynch.

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 10:15 PM
That...involved words from my post...mostly...:smalltongue:

Zjoot
2013-08-20, 10:16 PM
I ain't scared of no cat.

Tris
2013-08-20, 10:22 PM
I ain't scared of no cat.

That's him! That's the man who killed usourselves&we! Lynch him!

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 10:27 PM
I'm interested to find out...what did you get when you scried usourselves&we? I would've figured they were either a recruiter or a mercenary...

Tris
2013-08-20, 10:34 PM
I'm interested to find out...what did you get when you scried usourselves&we? I would've figured they were either a recruiter or a mercenary...

Pickpocket, a Neutral Recruitment-Blocker.

Also, the reason I want Zjoot dead is that he's a Slayer, Evil Night-Killer

Klanos
2013-08-20, 10:37 PM
My vote is to tman2nd. He's been throwing around accusations, claiming to be Scrier, saying that someone's a neutral so they have a reason not to be targeted by the wolves yet no reason to be lynched, and has overall seemed overzealous. And if he scried the main suspect, he should have immediately told us. Not messed around with cat nonsense.

Klanos
2013-08-20, 10:38 PM
If you scry someone, you should immediately say the role of the person. Helps us make informed lynches. You don't do that, you get me suspicious.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-20, 10:40 PM
*reads posts about cats*
*enjoys including it in the game*
*snicker* :smallbiggrin:

((psst, Klanos. You highlight the name of the person you want to lynch in red, like so: Count Dingdong))

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 10:41 PM
For future reference, you can just edit your post if you want to tack something on like that.

Preferable to double-posting and whatnot.

Edit: I think I might have figured out what team has lynch control right about now...

Tris
2013-08-20, 10:57 PM
My vote is to Lynch tman2nd. He's been throwing around accusations, claiming to be Scrier, saying that someone's a neutral so they have a reason not to be targeted by the wolves yet no reason to be lynched, and has overall seemed overzealous. And if he scried the main suspect, he should have immediately told us. Not messed around with cat nonsense.

usourselves&we is already dead.
Why do you care anyway? You don't know what side you're on.

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 11:03 PM
Do you want Zjoot dead for his power or his alignment?

Tris
2013-08-20, 11:07 PM
Do you want Zjoot dead for his power or his alignment?

Both. I want to get rid of their Slayer. He's dangerous to my side.

sparky9042
2013-08-20, 11:13 PM
Interesting.

tman2nd

Tris
2013-08-21, 12:56 AM
Interesting.

tman2nd

So, you're a Usurper!

sparky9042
2013-08-21, 12:58 AM
Or you are a Fool.

Internet Flea
2013-08-21, 12:59 AM
Oh well.

Zjoot for probably killing my last role.

EDIT: Also, everyone who isn't a Usurper needs to jump on this. The last game with three sides of roughly equal balance, one side crushed the other two because they were the only ones willing to claim their side. Today pretty much decides if that happens here.

Klanos
2013-08-21, 01:20 AM
Now you're just gettin' desperate. And my side hasn't been decided yet, genius. I haven't been assigned role yet. Calling someone an ursurper just because they vote against you on good evidence means you're all the more suspicious. Internet, I hope you change your mind. We need to get rid of Wolves who pretend to be Scriers. Any good scrier who knows how to protect his/her hide will not reveal his/her role, unless in mortal danger, as to divert a lynch. Instead, he/she will try to steer the blame on the person he/she scries guilty. Saying you're a scrier and not being a Wolf is a surefire way to get whacked in the night.

Which is why, if you reveal yourself, you should immediately post your results to 1. Give yourself credibility 2. Make sure the info gets out if you get attacked. Which any Scrier worth his salt would do. I have experience. Maybe not on this forum, but on another one. My vote is on tman2nd and I hope yours is too. Good day.

Tris
2013-08-21, 01:32 AM
Now you're just gettin' desperate. And my side hasn't been decided yet, genius. I haven't been assigned role yet. Calling someone an ursurper just because they vote against you on good evidence means you're all the more suspicious. Internet, I hope you change your mind. We need to get rid of Wolves who pretend to be Scriers. Any good scrier who knows how to protect his/her hide will not reveal his/her role, unless in mortal danger, as to divert a lynch. Instead, he/she will try to steer the blame on the person he/she scries guilty. Saying you're a scrier and not being a Wolf is a surefire way to get whacked in the night.

Which is why, if you reveal yourself, you should immediately post your results to 1. Give yourself credibility 2. Make sure the info gets out if you get attacked. Which any Scrier worth his salt would do. I have experience. Maybe not on this forum, but on another one. My vote is on tman2nd and I hope yours is too. Good day.

The reason I think that sparky is a Usurper is because he asked me why I wanted Zjoot lynched, and when I told him he immediately voted to lynch me. He also said earlier that he thinks that he knows who has the majority. I think he was starting to think that the usurpers are in the majority, so he can more easily come out against a Supporter scry.

That was what I thought when he made that comment.

Klanos
2013-08-21, 01:41 AM
The reason I think that sparky is a Usurper is because he asked me why I wanted Zjoot lynched, and when I told him he immediately voted to lynch me. He also said earlier that he thinks that he knows who has the majority. I think he was starting to think that the usurpers are in the majority, so he can more easily come out against a Supporter scry.

That was what I thought when he made that comment.

There are more Villagers than Wolves. And NOBODY is that stupid. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you don't even KNOW if Usurpers are in this game.

Tris
2013-08-21, 01:46 AM
There are more Villagers than Wolves. And NOBODY is that stupid. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you don't even KNOW if Usurpers are in this game.

Did you read the rules at the introduction?

Count Dingdong explained it pretty well recently.

This game essentially has 2 "wolf" teams: the Supporters and Usurpers. They are never connected (because of revival problems), and each has the same roles. The "village" is Mercenaries, but they're also recruitable, so the village will eventually join 1 of the 2 wolf teams. The game ends when only one side remains (so it's actually possible for a Mercenary win, if all the Supporters and Usurpers are killed, leaving only Mercs. Recruiting just makes that more difficult). Because of this and not knowing what roles are in play, any side could have lynch control but not know it. For example, the [REDACTED] have lynch control right now!

sparky9042
2013-08-21, 01:47 AM
There are two "sides", Supporters and Usurpers, or the "good" and "evil" teams, or, if you like, "Red" and "Blue". There also exist Mercenaries, who are independent of either faction but can be recruited by either team.

The closest thing to a true villager side is the Mercenary team, who are neutral initially.

We have no real information on the numbers given on each side, only what we can infer.

Klanos
2013-08-21, 01:48 AM
Did you read the rules at the introduction?

Count Dingdong explained it pretty well recently.

He may be on a wolf team.

You're much more likely.

Are you not?

Tris
2013-08-21, 01:53 AM
He may be on a wolf team.

You're much more likely.

Are you not?

I already revealed that I'm a Supporter on day 1. I had to because I was going to be lynched otherwise.

I am guessing that sparky is a Usurper, but I'm not 100% sure.

Klanos
2013-08-21, 02:09 AM
I already revealed that I'm a Supporter on day 1. I had to because I was going to be lynched otherwise.

I am guessing that sparky is a Usurper, but I'm not 100% sure.

If you're a supporter, we have NO reason not to lynch your sorry ass. My vote's not wavering.

HedgehogRanger
2013-08-21, 02:24 AM
tman2nd is a liar, and I know that for a fact.

Klanos
2013-08-21, 02:26 AM
tman2d is a liar, and I know that for a fact.

All the more reason to lynch him. If he's lost so many options he's SAYING he's a wolf, what he is is obviously much worse.

:smallannoyed: Done.

Tris
2013-08-21, 03:04 AM
If you're a supporter, we have NO reason not to lynch your sorry ass. My vote's not wavering.

You don't know what side you're on yet. Why should you care if I'm a supporter or not?

tman2d is a liar, and I know that for a fact.

What am I lying about?

HedgehogRanger
2013-08-21, 03:12 AM
tman2nd, at the very least you're lying about the alignment of Zjoot. He's a mercenary, not the slayer.

Tris
2013-08-21, 03:19 AM
How do you know that?

Klanos
2013-08-21, 04:10 AM
You don't know what side you're on yet. Why should you care if I'm a supporter or not?

What am I lying about?

Because no matter who i'm sided with, it's good to have goodwill with the Mercenaries and opposite faction right off the bat.

Klanos
2013-08-21, 04:16 AM
I want to elect tman2nd for a position in designing clothes. He'll be pioneering a new fashion trend...

HAVING A NOOSE AROUND YOUR NECK!

BourgeoisJerry
2013-08-21, 05:00 AM
While everybody else argues over stupid things, Klaus finally puts the finishing touches on the new shrine to St. Jeremy (the patron saint of puns) he spent the whole night setting up in the diner. Klaus has apparently collected many artifacts on his pilgrimage, including statues of the Holders of Power (Tom of Crime, SurroundParade, Boriaus2012, See More, and Purr-Tan,) an ancient magic 8-ball from Sir Cumference's collection of round objects, and even a small shrine to St. Jeremy's favorite saint: St. Nickeless, the patron saint of poverty.

Klaus begins to mumble to himself as he shambles off in the general direction of one of the booths.

"Well, that took long enough to set up. *Yawn...* Here's hoping St. Jeremy's blessing proves useful. I guess... oughtta... figure out... who should diiiie..."

Klaus ends up passing out on the floor. He'd had a busy night of setting up a shrine and retconning his back story after realizing that he wasn't a health inspector.

Chessgeek
2013-08-21, 05:07 AM
Ahem.

1. Count Dingdong is the narrator, and as such likely will not lie about rules.
2. Either tman is lying, hedgehog is lying, or (most likely option) tman told the truth but got an inaccurate scry.
3. As someone who was a cat in one of these games recently and was lynched by Internet Flea, I don't like people who don't like adorable fluffy pets.
4. ???
5. Profit

sparky9042
2013-08-21, 07:07 AM
Not sure if we're allowed to lynch Clueless Newcomers...

Internet Flea
2013-08-21, 09:13 AM
Now you're just gettin' desperate. And my side hasn't been decided yet, genius.

...Who are you talking to? Is this a reply to tman's comment directed at sparky?

Also what do you expect the Supporters to gain from lying to lynch Mercenaries? What's the point of it? How valuable to the Mercenaries do you think Zjoot is?

Why is there such massive resistance to lynching someone scried as a NightKiller? If given the choice between lynching a wolf killer and lynching a wolf seer I'll lynch the killer every time. Has anyone scried tman2nd? How does HedgehogRanger know he isn't the Fool? Why does Chessgeek not even consider the possibility?

And there's not much reason to think there are more Villagers than wolves with alignments linked to roles and roles picked at semi-random. From what I'm seeing there's more Usurpers than anything.

Penguinator
2013-08-21, 09:22 AM
So, uh... Zjoot. What have you got to say for yourself?

Zar Peter
2013-08-21, 10:18 AM
Could we please lynch sparky9042? I have a very bad feeling about him. No, not a bad feeling. HE is bad!

Tris
2013-08-21, 10:31 AM
What I don't understand is how it is helpful for the mercenaries to lynch a supporter. Until they get recruited a mercenary is neutral. Mercenaries don't oppose either side.

Rogue Nine
2013-08-21, 10:33 AM
If my count is correct, tman2nd has 3 and Zjoot has 3, sparky9042, Internet Flea and the cat all have 1.

I'm changing my vote to Zjoot. I hate flip-flopping and that cat's gotta go, but right now a night killer on ANY side is bad news in the long run to my personal goal of amassing enough gold to swim in it.

sparky9042
2013-08-21, 11:01 AM
Chessgeek, your vote for Internet Flea is not going to do anything, as Internet Flea cannot be killed, being a clueless newcomer.

Zar Peter
2013-08-21, 11:55 AM
Could we please lynch sparky9042? I have a very bad feeling about him. No, not a bad feeling. HE is bad!

I think I have to put more emphasis on this:

LYNCH SPARKY9042!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tris
2013-08-21, 11:59 AM
I think I have to put more emphasis on this:

LYNCH SPARKY9042!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? I am guessing that he is a usurper, but I am more sure about Zjoot.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-21, 12:22 PM
Current Vote Count (29? hours left):
Zjoot - 4 (tman2nd, Internet Flea, Penguinator, Rogue Nine)
tman2nd - 3 (Klanos, sparky9042, HedgehogRanger)
Internet Flea? - 1 (Chessgeek)
Cat - 1 (Zjoot)

No Vote - 4 (Thattaman, ThePhantom, Amidus Drexel, BourgeoisJerry)

@Klanos, please cross out old votes (edit in tags, like [s]so)

@Chessgeek, Clueless Newcomers can't be killed! ...though I'm unsure what would happen if you try and lynch one.

*IMPORTANT*
Can people tell me if they can currently access QuickTopic on Firefox? I know it's accessible in other browsers, so if you could tell me in your QTs (or by PM if need be) what browsers you can/can't access it in, that'd be great. Thanks! :smallsmile:

ThePhantom
2013-08-21, 12:37 PM
Oh, let's go with zjoot

Klanos
2013-08-21, 01:09 PM
What happens if, in the end, there's 1 supporter and 1 Usurper left?

Count Dingdong
2013-08-21, 01:46 PM
What happens if, in the end, there's 1 supporter and 1 Usurper left?

Generally speaking, one of them is the Executioner and breaks ties. Of course, there are other powers and items that could make the non-Executioner win. There's also a possibility that both are killed (e.g. one's a beast). Of course, that's an unlikely situation, but whatever happens happens. :smallamused:

Klanos
2013-08-21, 01:49 PM
-
Why is there such massive resistance to lynching someone scried as a NightKiller?

CLAIMED to be scried as a nightkiller.

You can't trust somebody who has the nuts to reveal they are a Supporter Role Seer. I mean, come on. That's a surefire way to DIE A HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH if you aren't lying quite hard.

Tris
2013-08-21, 01:54 PM

You can't trust somebody who has the nuts to reveal they are a Supporter Role Seer. I mean, come on. That's a surefire way to DIE A HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH if you aren't lying quite hard.

I had to or I would have been lynched.

Klanos
2013-08-21, 01:59 PM
I had to or I would have been lynched.

We've kept the noose waitin' too long. It just wants to hug your neck until you die!

Tris
2013-08-21, 02:18 PM
We've kept the noose waitin' too long. It just wants to hug your neck until you die!

Why do you want me lynched so much?

Klanos
2013-08-21, 02:20 PM
Why do you want me lynched so much?

That's for you to puzzle over and for me to laugh at.

Internet Flea
2013-08-21, 03:11 PM

You can't trust somebody who has the nuts to reveal they are a Supporter Role Seer.

I assume he wouldn't have if I hadn't called him out on his changing his post to sound less Seer-like.

And again, I can't think of any role the Supporters or the Usurpers care enough about to warrant lying about scrying a Nightkiller. And I can't see any benefit to killing a Seer on any side this early; since no one's networked all their scries have to be public.

Also Zjoot was ignoring his rather unsubtle "lynch Zjoot" posts which strengthens my belief that he was hoping it would be ignored and he could nightkill tman tonight. And he hasn't denied being a Nighkiller yet. I'm thinking he's a nightkiller, and chessgeek and sparky are Usurpers.

Zar Peter
2013-08-21, 04:04 PM
Why? I am guessing that he is a usurper, but I am more sure about Zjoot.

He's just the Betraying Knight, very evil. That is if I'm not the fool.

Chessgeek
2013-08-21, 04:06 PM
1. Was mostly just trying to avoid a missed day with the IF vote, although it woulda been fun to lynch someone who is unlynchable.
2. Didn't consider it because I forgot neutrals weren't connected. I suppose it's also possible that hedgehog is a fool role.
3. Yes, I am a usurper.
4. tman2nd
I am EXTREMELY tired right now, so if this post makes no sense, I apologize.

Zjoot
2013-08-21, 04:58 PM
So here's the deal; tman is partially right, in that I am a killer, an HedgehogRanger is partially right in that I am neutral. My role is the Loose Canon, Neutral Night Killer (apologies to Internet Flea, bladescape and usourselves&we for choosing them)

Since I am neutral, my real goal at this point is to survive as long as possible, (and of course fulfill my role's win condition but that's another matter) I personally think the game becomes less interesting without a night-killer. I think there's a possibility that Count Ding Dong shares this view, and I'll be disappointed if another night-killer does not arise if I die, but that's also another matter.

What's really important here is that, as a bid for survival, I turn my kill over to the power of the lynch; if as a whole, the group votes on a secondary target they want lynched (in dark red maybe?) then I'll kill that person, and if the group votes for "No kill" then I'll comply.

If you don't like my offer, and decide to lynch me, I think you are being close minded and mean. I will rejoin the game with the primary goal of bringing the wrath of justice upon you. Just something to keep in mind. :smallwink:

Zar Peter, care to elaborate? Until then, I'll switch my vote to tman2nd as another bid for survival.

HedgehogRanger
2013-08-21, 05:50 PM
Assuming Zjoot is telling the truth, and I'm pretty sure he is because that's what I screed him as, tman2nd is definitely lying or the fool, because I am the Investigator, neutral full seer. Incidentally, I also know the identity of 2 night killers now.

Tris
2013-08-21, 06:43 PM
Assuming Zjoot is telling the truth, and I'm pretty sure he is because that's what I screed him as, tman2nd is definitely lying or the fool, because I am the Investigator, neutral full seer. Incidentally, I also know the identity of 2 night killers now.

When did you scry him? He may have been recruited since then.

Klanos
2013-08-21, 06:48 PM

I figured out you were a scrier: You said that tman2nd was a liar. Looks like we should get tyin' the noose!

Tris
2013-08-21, 06:50 PM
I figured out you were a scrier: You said that tman2nd was a liar. Looks like we should get tyin' the noose!

I could be a fool!
I'm not lying.

Klanos
2013-08-21, 06:52 PM
I could be a fool!
I'm not lying.

If so, you're both a fool, in character and out. Still, you're probably still lying. Say bye-bye to your unbroken neck!

Internet Flea
2013-08-21, 07:50 PM
I will rejoin the game with the primary goal of bringing the wrath of justice upon you.

What a coincidence! :smallbiggrin:

Klanos
2013-08-21, 08:26 PM

Thattaman is NOT a Mercenary, and is probably a Usurper

Why?

He's trying to jump on a bandwagon (1) against a claimed supporter (2) who had not of yet done much suspicious (3) by calling him an Usurper (4) while he had laid relatively low during the rest (5)

5 things that Werewolves often do. I'm not saying Lynch, I'm saying he's an Usurper.

Count Dingdong
2013-08-22, 12:19 AM
Current Vote Count (17 hours left):
Zjoot - 5 (tman2nd, Internet Flea, Penguinator, Rogue Nine, ThePhantom)
tman2nd - 5 (Klanos, sparky9042, HedgehogRanger, Chessgeek, Zjoot)

No Vote - 3 (Thattaman, Amidus Drexel, BourgeoisJerry)

3 votes minimum to lynch, else Executioner decides. Tie means Executioner decides.

Klanos
2013-08-22, 12:47 AM
Anyone gonna decide who gets lynched?

Count Dingdong
2013-08-22, 12:48 AM
The Executioner. :smalltongue: Or, you know, one of the people who haven't voted yet. Their call.

Klanos
2013-08-22, 01:51 AM
As in, is somebody gonna step up and vote/revote

BourgeoisJerry
2013-08-22, 02:49 AM
Klaus wakes up from his nap and asks around until he gets a good sense of what's going on.

"So... an admitted murderer who's selling his services for salvation, or the seer who outed him. And I could have the deciding vote. What do you think I should do St. Jeremy?"

Mystic writing appears etched into one of the mirrors surrounding the collection of artifacts.

Punish the inferior pun-smith.

"I don't know which one that is. Guide me, great saint."

tman2nd is a stupid name, and he has a lame role. Let him come back with a better power and avenge himself on Klanos then.

Klanos
2013-08-22, 02:51 AM
Oh, and Zar Petar for secondary lynch. Tried to insinuate seer-i-ness