PDA

View Full Version : Suppressing Naberius' Sign

Alokue
2013-07-31, 11:30 PM
So...I don't want to have a gravelly voice. I'm not a binder and dipping class levels or spending feats is not acceptable. I'm playing Warlock8/Heartfire Fanner 1/Stormsinger 10/???1. I got the binding through this acf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287276). There's no reason I don't want a gravelly voice, I just DON'T. My character would not want to have a gravelly voice. Even though you take no penalty on Perform (Sing) or Diplomacy or anything like that, she's a very pretty character, and she does NOT want a gravelly voice. Is there any way to do this for cheap with magic items or something?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-31, 11:44 PM
Reflavour it as a huskier voice, rather than a gravelly voice, perhaps?

BowStreetRunner
2013-07-31, 11:48 PM
"You can hide a sign by mundane or magical means without penalty, or you can prevent it from appearing at all if you have the suppress sign ability." - ToM 10

So you just need a mundane or magical means of altering your voice...

EDIT: Got it. How about a custom item (neck slot I would imagine to be the correct affinity) of continuous Mimicry (Complete Scoundrel)? It would cost about 4000 gp, but you would not only be able to mimic your own, unaltered voice, but you could now also copy whatever other voices you wanted whenever you like.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-07-31, 11:51 PM
Reflavour it as a huskier voice, rather than a gravelly voice, perhaps?
I like this idea. You can be plenty sexy with a husky voice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MheNUWyROv8). I don't know any RAW ways to do it short of making a successful bind, which the ACF doesn't allow.

Alokue
2013-08-01, 12:27 AM
I didn't even consider mundane! I asked DM about "magic or mundane" as you said (he's also my goto D&D advice person) and he said disguise, DC 15. I have +24 Disguise just sortof lying around after binding Naberius. So no problem! Thanks for pointing out the somewhat obvious. :D