PDA

View Full Version : Trouble coming up with large numbers of weapons for master thrower

thunderzach
2013-07-31, 11:39 PM
I was asked to make the typical master thrower/machine gun build for someone. The only problem I'm having is coming up with a way to get enough weapons. I don't particularly want to put returning on them (I'm not even sure that it would work anyway given catching 6-12 a round and then throwing them). Gauntlets of infinity blades requires a swift action and only makes 1 dagger per glove. How else could I create and or carry enough weapons to not run out?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-31, 11:48 PM
Gloves of Endless Javelins?

BowStreetRunner
2013-08-01, 12:06 AM
Shuriken count as ammunition, so you can buy and carry them in large numbers more easily.

tyckspoon
2013-08-01, 12:07 AM
Gloves of Endless Javelins?

This or buying a ton of Shuriken and having them Greater Magic Weapon'd for enhancement bonuses if you're wanting to use Palm Throw. A machine-gunning throwing build pretty much has to give up on getting special weapon properties; you need too many weapons or burn too many consumable weapons to afford them.

If your DM is amenable to some modest home brew you could ask to change the kind of weapon created by the Javelin gloves.