PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Home 15: A Fixer-Upper

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Devixer
2013-07-31, 11:57 PM
There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another. Or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM me and I will post the locations in this post.

Examples:

123 Generic Drive: Home of John and Jack Doe and their daughter Jane. PM <player name 1> or <player name 2> if you want to interact here. Located Inside, near the Black Dragon's Den.

Mary's House: Home of Mary Moe. Located many miles from Inside civilization in an isolated mountain valley. Unlikely to be found by someone who doesn't know where it is. Mary Moe's player is <player name 3>.

================================================

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it. A residence is a quasi-PC and cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in / burn it down / knock on the door, etc, but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. If a player wants to make their home entirely impervious to everything, that is their right (however boring that might be). Players are permitted to make additional ooc rules if they want that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice. Any disagreements between players, please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

================================================

Locations:

75 Ocean Rd - Daisuke's new house, this house is near the beach, and has a mixture of traditional Japanese styling and modern comforts. Player: horngeek

134 Ninja Drive - a 1 story ranch style home owned by Dave Smith, professional Ninja. Player: Mindfreak586

1312 Hidden Valley Road: Home of Judy the Assassin and Mint, their daughter, Xerina, and adopted Grey Render; Rocky. Players: Lex-kat, Quinsar, Neon Knight

4224 Wing House - Home of George Kingsley. Player: Gimliggamer

Al's Lab - Home of AMEN scientist Al Rato. He does most of his experiments and research here. Living with him is the cyborg Delta 88, or just Delta for short. Her programming has been modified by Al, making her a live-in servant of sorts. Al's player is ApeofLight, and Delta's player is KerfuffleMach2.

Alhana's Dwelling - In the far reaches of Acro can be found the nice little wooden house of the banished elven princess, Alhana Starbreeze. She made it herself with some magical help from man known as Lee. On the outside and inside are intricately carved designs. It has two bedrooms a kitchen and a bathroom. Player: Viera champion

Basil's Cabin - In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans. Players: Wolfbane and Happyturtle

Brendan's Upstairs - The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish. Players: Recaiden and Bushranger

Clearing in the woods - A one story log cabin built in a large clearing in the woods not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Complete with wooden fence. This is the residence of Zaydon, Opie, and Kate. Anybody can stop by, but if nobody's home, the place will be locked. Zaydon and Opie's players are KerfuffleMach2, and Kate's player is celtois. Note: Zaydon is now deceased, and Opie has taken to living in DFI. As it stands, the cabin is abandoned.

Crimson Tempest -
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/oots12321/Other/airship_1896.jpg

The ship was designed with the above image as a base.
The most prominent feature, the flame ring, has been pushed forward towards the front of the ship, while a secondary, lesser flame ring was inserted towards the back. Auxiliary and surplus power supply.
Barriers, that can be turned off as necessary, are constructed around the rings to protect them from light attack.
Primary Elemental Entrapment Ring - PEER
Secondary Elemental Entrapment Ring - SEER

Cannons are installed along the ship, each connected to small elemental rift-batteries to the plane of fire, that allow them to launch bursts of augmented flame in projectile form.

The various rooms within the ship have been magically altered to be Larger On The Inside.
This allows for more ships in a smaller space, keeping the ship's fairly lean. (Player: VampireRot)

Eldena's Cottage: The dwelling of the Viera red mage Eldena. On the outskirts of Town. Not very difficult to find. Appears to be shaped out of a tree. That's because it was. Yay magic! People are free to enter and exit as they please. But don't break anything unless Eldena is there. Player: Viera champion

Hallowmere Lake: Several hours away from the city, with no roads leading there, is a small lake surrounded by trees. On an island in the lake is a cabin, well built from fresh lumber and brick and connected to the land by a small bridge. The entrances of the house face East and West, allowing anyone who sits on the decks to watch the sunrise or sunset. There's a garage attached to it as well, and further additions seem to be in progress. A small metal sign hangs under the mailbox near the front entrance. On it, a pair of names is etched in by ornate laserwork: Sunny and Carl (players: Happyturtle and Wolfbane)

The House of the Rising Sun - Large house on a headleand facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
Player: Kid Kris
Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
Further Description, may update. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7286792&postcount=7)

Jake Stevenson's Home: In the Victorian sector of Inside, Jacob Stevenson lives above his watchmaker shop and shares the space with his alter-ego, Augustus Acre. The room is a combination living room / bedroom, with well made furniture. The bed is a day bed, meant to work as either a sofa or bed, but because of that, it's the equivalent of a single sized modern bed. It isn't really appropriate for guests, so he rarely invites people here. Most people who wished to encounter Jake would meet him at his shop in Inside instead of his home. (player: Happyturtle)

Javert's House - It's a white house. Javert lives here alone and very rarely ever leaves. (player: singingnoodle)

Julie's Place - An apartment on the sixth floor of a fairly average apartment building. Julie Fiske, a succubus of moderate reknown and very little esteem, lives here, leasing it from a dubious landlord. (player: Slii Arhem)

Junkyard workshop - In a junkyard in the ACROverse, what looks to be a shoddy shack has been built. This building was made by Runner before he joined GLoG. Inside is a high tech workshop and laboratory. The building has very high security, and any attempt to break in immediately causes the workshop to alert Runner, which will bring him over to investigate. Runner and Sentry both have security access. Runner's player is KerfuffleMach2, and Sentry's player is FaceofEvil.

Marty's: This fairly large manor lays where the original Aceford manor was. The manor was built out of the previous manor's remaining architecture and walls, due to this a few rooms inside are boarded up. The house is bright purple with gold outlines. The manor has two sections.
Downstairs: this area took heavy damage during the original Aceford manor fires. Most of the walls are original. Marty had painted the burnt walls purple. The living room is here.
Upstairs: Marty's room and study are located here. There is also a grand ballroom.

Marty Aceford lives here along with his friend Griktak (players: singingnoodle, Agate 86)

Nabrius' Domain - Located in the depths of Hell, Nabrius' home is rather comfy despite its location. A fireplace provides most of the light in the room. The low, crackling hellfire lights up the carpets floor and the comfy chair and love seat off to the side On the left wall is a small bar, well stocked with wines and champagne, along with some harder drinks. Directly opposite of the fireplace is a bed. Red silk sheets cover it, a curtain hangs ready to be drawn around it, and it's easily large enough for two people to move around freely. The only exit from the room is a single, windowless door opposite of the bar. A small sword rack hangs on the door by the wall, able to hold a single blade. Player: Gulaghar

The Nest/Rael's House - A converted hotel in the Red Zone. It currently houses Rael Kairos, a 300 year old vampire, a large number of strange lifeforms he's created, and a couple of dozen other vampires that he's made.
Break-in attempts are fine, even if Rael isn't home, as the other residents are capable of defending themselves against intruders. If you're just looking to mess with the place, he won't hold a grudge as long as you don't kill or maim any of the sentient inhabitants. Stealing most things is also okay, though any unique things he might come after you to get back. Full scale attacks are also welcome, but he will come after you.
Players: C'nor, Technoscrabble, Beans

New Rock Household - A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - White picket fence, workshed out back, spacious basement(with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room(with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms...Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.

Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.
Players: blackouttwo and Artemis97

Phil's Warehouse - 3224 Seaside Rd Big, slightly rusted corrugated steel warehouse that was once abandoned, sits on a lot that's been overgrown with weeds and small trees and bushes and such...has a gravel driveway leading up to it...and...near the docks...
Oh, yeah, it has a hydraulic lift leading to an underground garage! And the inside is full of parts and half-finished inventions! Run by TechnoScrabble.

Silvery ship: It looks like this field has been marred by a silvery teardrop of epic proportions. Easily fifty feet tall and about 90 feet long, it seems to have impacted the surface at a definite angle, leaving a long furrow behind it. This teardrop is covered in bumps and smooth protrusions, but the exact make-up can vary greatly from day to day. Doors, hatches, doorbells, cameras, and other things come and go on its surface. The inside is uniformly silvery, and the maze of halls, and rooms makes it hard to keep your bearings. Physics seems to stop caring, and looping hallways, physically impossible curves, and doors that open into the wrong places are the rule here. The entire ship is constructed of an amazingly durable material… No telling what it is, but it will take really, really strong weapons to break it if it can be broken. There is no evidence of weapons in the ship… but it’s possible they just haven’t been seen yet. (player: Lost Deep)

The Tarmikos Studio - This space serves as both a living area and workshop for artificer and plane-hopper Niara Tarmikos. It is, in fact, its own separate plane of existence - and a minuscule one at that. It comprises, in its entirety, of a single room (around 180ft. long, 60ft. wide and 30ft. tall), and is split into many separate rooms with simple partition walls. To those who know of its existence and have the means to travel there, it is easy to gain access to. Niara's player is Baeleck.

154 Oceanside Drive

A abnormally large two story suburban house sits in the center of a large parcel of land, although depending on the whims of the owner, Felandria, the house may be larger or smaller than usual when you visit, she welcomes company, just ring the doorbell, if you can reach it.

Located in the Blue Zone in Inside.

Player: Felandria

Previous threads
Home 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131051)
Home 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149502)
Home 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9174317#post9174317)
Home 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179236)
Home 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187415)
Home 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201813)
Home 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211808)
Home 8 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214979)
Home 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222675)
Home 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226203)
Home 11 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233483)
Home 12 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249620)
Home 13 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258924)
Home 14 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277236)

OrchestraHc
2013-08-01, 12:34 AM
Lola and Kayden's Hunted House

"Learned. It's a spell." She is a Dresden Files brand "traditional werewolf" who learn a spell to turn into a wolf, if with a few little twists. The pack is more than a little bit of a rip-off of the werewolf pack in the books. "I had a friend who had a friend who had some magic in his background and figured out how to turn into a wolf."

((Whoopsie...))

Deathkeeper
2013-08-01, 12:42 AM

Once I finish Guards, Guards! I really need to go track down Dresden.
Kayden gives his toothy grin. "Oh, spells! Must have been terribly exciting for a bunch of youths. Unless someone got hurt, that would be no fun."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-01, 01:55 AM

"Upset stomachs from false starts but nothing bad," Lola explains, "and it was a huge kick. When you can run faster, hear farther, and smell... more. Being able to pick out the scent of every little thing is like a whole new way seeing the world." She is absolutely elated as she describes the experience.

Speaking of Terry Pratchett, it's particularly hard to describe a werewolf's sense of smell without swiping straight from "Men at Arms." S'a really good description.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-01, 05:52 AM

Kayden likes seeing excitement in magic-based discussions. Makes him feel like he's not nuts. "I'm guessing your sight goes down the drain, though. If it does you've got a pretty good idea of how I feel most of the time. Not many humans do."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-01, 11:59 AM
[Lola and Kayden's Hunted House]

"All the color gets drained away, but night-vision is actually really good," she explains. "Sorry. Is that how you see the world? Poor eyes but amazing smell and hearing?"

Deathkeeper
2013-08-01, 12:14 PM

"Ye don't have to apologize. And yes, that's why I never bother to lift my hat when it falls over me eyes."
Lola probably noticed that. If she didn't then his player should have made it more clear that his hat's brim is far too wide for him to see when it gets angled down.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-01, 05:52 PM
Kayden and Lola's Hunted House

"I sort of noticed that," Lola says, "but I thought you were just trying to look cool." How often in westerns does Eastwood have his hat lowered before getting hassled by some less cool looking cowboy? "Or maybe just needed a better fitting hat."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-01, 06:04 PM

"Actually, my hat was custom made for me, and they made it big enough so it can do that. Plenty Bangaa wear blindfolds because our eyes sometimes aren't worth the effort. I like to have the option. And wait a minute, trying?!"
Kayden takes great pride in his ability to look cool!

The Bushranger
2013-08-01, 07:16 PM
Arthur's Apartment

Cat looks ready for the game to start, having her character sheet neatly clipped to a clipboard, along with several pages of notes, a miniature of her Artificer in chain armor on the table, and a fistful of dice on the table in front of her.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-01, 08:38 PM

Lola has to hold her hand to her mouth to avoid busting out laughing. Even then, she still snerks and snickers behind her hand. "And succeeding. mostly. You're very cool," she says trying to pat him consolingly on the shoulder. "You're the coolest Bangaa, I've ever met."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-01, 11:32 PM

"You're making fun of me. I'm the only Bangaa you've met." notes Kayden sadly.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-02, 12:19 AM

"Don't be like that. I was only teasing," Lola explains. "You are objectively the coolest person I've ever met. You're brave, kind, generous, and you can make lightning.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-02, 12:35 AM

Kayden smiles again. Somehow despite the reptilian head he manages to make it look not creepy or menacing.
"Aw, thanks. Makes me feel much better. I'm sure your shapeshifting is pretty awesome. I never met any of the morphers from my world."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-02, 02:05 AM

"You haven't? I guess it'd be pretty hard ask how they might be different. How do you feel when you cast spells?" she asks.

"When I change it feels like there's this pressure in my stomach and it grows and grows until I sort of... pop into a wolf." It's not the most eloquent or academic way to describe it, but it's accurate to Lola.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-02, 05:54 AM

"Well from what I understand Morphers require intimate knowledge of the creature they imitate, which usually requires them capturing one, which always struck me as being rather a hassle.
But when I cast, I have to feel around me, draw from myself my natural reserves of strength, and once I have that in my grasp, I need to bend it in such a way that when I toss it into the world outside me it- he snaps his fingers and a small tongue of flame appears above his outstretched palm, which dances over his knuckles before winking out. "-does what I want it to."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-02, 02:24 PM

"Well it's definitely different from that. I don't know where we could find a wolf, let alone capture one."

The fire gets a tiny clap out of Lola. "Are... You called them white black and green. Do they cast differently at all?"

Deathkeeper
2013-08-02, 02:33 PM

Kayden nods.
"For most mages, they just have to let their power out. But for those of us who have multiple disciplines, we have to know how to bend each spell so it acts differently. White has to fix disorder, Black has to cause it, and Green has to bolster or hamper it."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-03, 07:09 PM

"That actually makes perfect sense. Of course a white mage wouldn't think of doing anything but making order, so it's just second nature."

"What about fighting. Where did you learn to swing your polearm." Lola still does not know it's called a naginata, but she at least knows it's not a spear, though she doesn't know why.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-03, 07:21 PM

"I had a bit of tutoring from folks as a lad, but it's mostly from experience. What about you? When you first learned how to change did instinct kick in or did it take a while to learn how to use the form?"
If you suddenly replaced Kayden's arms with legs and expected him to walk you'd be sadly disappointed.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-03, 08:17 PM

"Nope. All learned. The most important part about my type of werewolf is that I keep my human mind. You have to build real habits to learn how to think like a wolf. Walking and running is the easy part. It's really just getting your mind to accept how you have to move. The hard part is using everything at your disposal, and working in a pack."

"Fun fact: I can't talk as a wolf. It was a bit jarrnig and a few of us tried to make a code out of barking and growling but it completely fell apart." This gets her laughing at the memory. "Imagine a bunch of dogs all trying to bark at each other at once, nobody can hear a single thing, so nobody understands anybody. With practice we all sort of fell into proper wolf pack. Body language and working as a unit followed."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-03, 08:50 PM

Kayden nods.
"When it needs to be done groups fall apart or fall together. That's how it works. Hmm. I don't think our world has more than one kind of werewolf. Funny now those things work."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-03, 10:22 PM

"Yeah, there's our way, with a spell, and there's a curse that makes you a monster-wolf during the full moon. There's also lycanthropes, sort of the exact opposite of us. Instead of turning into a wolf with a human mind, they stay human and gain a wolf's instinct, but they're also angry, relentless, and tough. Easily the nastiest "human" thing we ever fought."

Lola leans back in the couch and lightly crosses her arms.

"There's also a couple of others, but I think one is just any magical creature that can turn into a wolf just doing so."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-03, 10:27 PM

"We have creatures we call werewolves, but they're wolfish humanoids. Legends say they can turn people, but there hasn't been a documented case of it on record. Still avoid them, though. Nasty buggers. Still, they just claw at you, mostly. There's plenty worse to deal with."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-03, 11:13 PM
[Lola and Kayden's Haunted House}

"The monster wolf is probably the closest to that, and there is very very little worse to deal with. We're lucky we've never had to deal with them."

"You can't get infected, though, by them or me if you're curious. That's actually a bit of lore stolen from vampires, speaking of worse things deal with."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-03, 11:20 PM

Kayden chuckles.
"Certainly hope not. If you could get infected by someone with a spell I'd be out of a job. But yes, undead aren't pleasant. Always have to knock'em down and dump phoenix downs or Raise on them. Annoying, it is."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-04, 12:06 AM

"Phoenix down and Raise?" Lola asks. "You lost me, Kayden. There are a couple of different vampires, but holy objects seem to work best on most of them. I don't know about Phoenixes."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-04, 12:13 AM

"Oh, well Raise is a spell which can heal folks who have been critically wounded and knocked unconscious. Phoenix down has the same effect. I always thought that it's different because regular healing magic is rather soothing so it doesn't wake anyone up. Anyway, healing magic hurts undead, and they have a habit or self-repairing after a while, so tossing that little spark of life in 'em is what you need to do to make 'em stay dead."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-04, 01:19 AM

Lola thinks over healing/hurting for a bit before she agrees. "I can see that. Undead are probably good examples of disorder."

"Honestly, I'm surprised our worlds have so many things that are not quite the same."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-04, 09:50 AM

"Well, you start with different gods, different continents, and move on to different people, the places are going to turn out differently, yes?"

OrchestraHc
2013-08-04, 01:22 PM

"Assuming there is one on Earth. Signs pointing to yes, but still," Lola knows demon's are a thing and so are angels probably, but since she's from New Jersey and not Illinois like the Dresdenverse proper, she's unaware of the really heavy evidence. "Also that isn't the point. It's not the differences it's the near misses. Werewolves, vampires, magic."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-04, 01:35 PM

Kayden shrugs.
"Suppose that the worlds which had the sense to have magic just decided not to replace what wasn't broken. There are worlds without magic. Frightfully boring, those must be."
Kayden has a very odd way of rationalizing things.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-04, 03:32 PM
Lola and Kayden's Hunted house.

"I'd bet most people who say they're from worlds without magic just never found it. Mine was fairly well hidden." Lola guesses. "And the regular part of the world can be plenty interesting."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-04, 04:55 PM

"Most, but not all. There's a few worlds which are parallel enough that a few citizens are naturally aware of them. Some more logical and others magic. And if you take a being very strong in the magic side, like a centaur or a manticore, they will actually fall ill if put in a world of logic for too long because there simply isn't any magic. Odd, that."
He nods, for emphasis.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-04, 05:44 PM
Lola and Kayden's Hunted House.

"How'd you get to be such an expert on the multiverse? I also don't agree with logic being opposite magic. Magic can make sense. That's the whole point of wizards."

"And just how would a bangaa fare in a low magic zone?"

Deathkeeper
2013-08-04, 05:54 PM

"We'd do fine. We're humanoid quasi-reptiles. Makes perfect sense. Unlike manticores, which have pretty much no reason at all to have human faces.
And, um...you know the bar we met at? I...sort of...entered this world there. Almost a whole day ago. I sort of just stayed there and listened and stuff. I, err, didn't want to go off on my own yet."
From his body language it's not hard to tell he's essentially blushing.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-05, 03:00 PM

Lola doesn't see any point or sense in making jokes. She already knows he doesn't like being alone. "Okay. That all makes sense to me. I'm lucky you stayed. I'd probably still be moping there right now if it wasn't for you. There's a gentle nudge between them.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-05, 03:09 PM

Kayden chuckles a but at being poked.
"C'mon, you're stronger than that. I doubt you'd have taken very long to get on your feet on your own."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-05, 03:51 PM

"Who knows? I've never lost my whole life at once before. You certainly made it easier. Especially the speech when we first met. You're also not the kind of person to just say things. You said there are others like me willing to help and you stepped up to the plate. Let me know when I can pay you back for your help."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-05, 04:08 PM

Kayden taps a finger against his chin for a moment.
"Frankly, I don't much care about things like that. I wouldn't really have put any thought into it if ye hadn't just asked. As long as you get to paying for some of the rent eventually it doesn't really matter to me. The only thing I can think to ask is that I'd like to see that spell of yours sometime you're comfortable with it, out of occupational curiosity, even if magic meant for different worlds and different species sounds a tad too dangerous for me to ever try."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-05, 06:39 PM
[Lola and Kayden Hunted House]

"Just ask, or heck, wait for bed. I'll probably be sleeping in wolf-skin." Lola says. "Not that I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but what're you going to do for cash now that you can't work at your clan?"

Devixer
2013-08-05, 09:40 PM
Hildur's Cave

After a long bath in the spring, Hildur is spending today lounging on her hoard and playing around with air.

Beans
2013-08-05, 09:44 PM
[Cave]
Thryza comes in to sit by the hoard, smiling up at her girlfriend but looking a little... tense? Taut, maybe? She's got a small manilla envelope in her hands, turning it over and over restlessly.
Hey, angel...

Devixer
2013-08-05, 09:46 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur initially smiles back at Thyrza, but looks a little confused at seeing the envelope. "Thyrza? Is something wrong, honey?"

Beans
2013-08-05, 09:59 PM
[Cave]
She bites her lip, then pulls out a newspaper clipping from the envelope---not from a local paper and a few weeks old.
Been having people look around and... well, one of my sources found something.
It mentions the discovery of what appears to be alchemy equipment up in the old sawmill on Rain Mountain, several miles northwest of their home, but states that the investigation has been called off for 'reasons left undisclosed'. A picture shows a strange-looking crucible-like piece laid on a tarp for photographing.
That incipitor right there? That was my mom's, I'd know it anywhere. She built it herself... I think if... if we go there, I can find out something that might me figure out what happened to her, but I don't know if it'll be dangerous or not and I don't want to drag you into anything...

Devixer
2013-08-05, 10:02 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur has another wide smile on her face as she stands up on her hoard and jumps down from it. "I'm going with you, okay? I can handle a bit of danger."

Beans
2013-08-05, 10:08 PM
[Hildur's Cave]
Thryza hugs her girlfriend, kissing her cheek. Aw, my brave girl... you're the best. I'd like to get ready soon if that's okay, mm?
She smiles warmly, blushing a little.

Devixer
2013-08-05, 10:09 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur responds to the kiss on her cheek by trying to give Thyrza a short kiss on the lips. "Of course. How long should the trip be?"

Beans
2013-08-05, 10:17 PM
[Hildur's Cave]
If we left soon... probably get there in the evening, spend the next day looking around, so maybe we'd be back tomorrow night or maybe late morning the next day depending on if we sleep there two nights.
She stretches a little, cricking her neck. Maybe we'll just pack one bedroll and share. Giggling, she winks.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-05, 10:21 PM
[Lola and Kayden Hunted House]

"Just ask, or heck, wait for bed. I'll probably be sleeping in wolf-skin." Lola says. "Not that I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but what're you going to do for cash now that you can't work at your clan?"

He shrugs again.
"I'll likely go and see if anyone has need of anything blown up, healed, guarded, or recovered, as always. Maybe go out when you go hunting. Something occurs to him. After we go out for breakfast since we never bought anything to put in the ice-box."

Devixer
2013-08-05, 10:21 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur giggles and tries to pulls Thyrza closer to her. "What's this 'maybe' talk? I was planning on one bedroll."

Beans
2013-08-05, 10:23 PM
[Hildur's Cave]
She kisses her again and squeezes tight before letting go, though still holding her hand.
C'mon, you, let's get packed real quick and go. It'll be like a date... a weird camping-in-abandoned-building date.

Devixer
2013-08-05, 10:26 PM
Hildur's Cave

"I've camped out before, should be fun." Hildur walks with Thyrza out to the main section of the cave to pack for a day trip.

Beans
2013-08-05, 10:33 PM
[Cave]
Thryza giggles, starting to pack a bedroll and compact tent for two. I've done a lot of it, and I still have most of the relevant stuff...
She points over to a corner where she's blasted shelves out of the wall. I think I have the cookset over there---real simple, just a few light pots and a little burner, basically.

Devixer
2013-08-05, 10:41 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Okay. What should I get for cooking?" Hildur asks while getting the cookset, having already packed some packaged food.

Beans
2013-08-05, 10:45 PM
[Cave]
Um... like, a ladle's all, really, since basically all the food is made by putting water at it and making the water hot and stirring. She goes to get the mess kits. It's amazing how good they can still be even when they're like that.

Devixer
2013-08-05, 10:52 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Oh, okay. I can get some water for on the way, too. Just need to purify the stuff in the spring," Hildur says, grabbing a ladle to pack.

Beans
2013-08-05, 10:59 PM
[Hildur's Cave]
She nods, grinning. And any water we find there I can purify too---'cause, y'know, alchemy and stuff.
She stretches again, checking the packs. Food, water, bedroll, tent... I'mma'na pack some small alchemy supplies, anything else we need?

Devixer
2013-08-05, 11:01 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Nothing else that we need, I don't think," Hildur says. "Unless you want to bring a change of clothes."

Beans
2013-08-05, 11:06 PM
[Cave]
Thryza thinks, then shakes her head. I think we'll be fine without. She finishes packing and grins, standing up. All we need's our water and we can go!

Devixer
2013-08-05, 11:07 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Okay, just give me a few minutes," Hildur says as she heads back to the spring.

Later, she returns, with several bottles of clean water.

Beans
2013-08-05, 11:09 PM
[Hildur's Cave]
Thryza shoulders one of the two fairly light packs, handing the other to her girlfriend. She distributes the water among them about as evenly as can be done, smiling. Then let's head out, sweetheart!

Devixer
2013-08-05, 11:11 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur grins and takes the pack, before reaching for Thyrza's hand. "I'm with you there," ready to follow Thyrza to this other mountain.

Beans
2013-08-05, 11:13 PM
[Cave > Outside]
And out they go to their adventure, and my next post in another thread! :smalltongue:

OrchestraHc
2013-08-06, 01:36 AM

He shrugs again.
"I'll likely go and see if anyone has need of anything blown up, healed, guarded, or recovered, as always. Maybe go out when you go hunting. Something occurs to him. After we go out for breakfast since we never bought anything to put in the ice-box."

"Haha. Let that slip by us, huh? Sounds like a plan and a half. Tomorrow you and me can go to whatever equivalent of a diner there is here and I'm buying you coffee and breakfast."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-06, 05:50 AM

"Sounds fine to me. But I think that's it for me tonight. I've been up for far too long." he says as he gets up.

Devixer
2013-08-06, 01:04 PM
Val Halls

Aiden comes back to his apartment a little later than usual tonight. Anybody that's in the know can probably guess that he was at the Dancing Fox.

ThePhantom
2013-08-06, 01:27 PM
Val Halls

Mella sits at the front desk, back in her normal dress compared to how Aiden last saw her.

"Long night, Aiden?"

Devixer
2013-08-06, 01:28 PM
Val Halls

Aiden grins a little. "Kinda. I probably missed dinner, right?" It wasn't a big problem if he did, he could cook for himself.

ThePhantom
2013-08-06, 01:51 PM
Val Halls

"Yes, you did. With the usual behavior of my renters, I don't serve a late dinner else they would never go to bed. They stay up late enough as it is."

Good thing for Aiden that Milla let's people cook in their rooms, at least if they clean things up.

Devixer
2013-08-06, 01:53 PM
Val Halls

"No problem, I've seen how the people here act," Aiden says."I think I've got some chicken I can cook in my room."

ThePhantom
2013-08-06, 02:22 PM
Val Halls

"Very good then. See you later."

Milla goes and waves Aiden off to his room.

Devixer
2013-08-06, 02:27 PM
Val Halls

"Yup," Aiden says, giving a non-commital wave as he heads off to his room to make a late dinner and write some before heading to bed.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-06, 05:42 PM

"Sounds fine to me. But I think that's it for me tonight. I've been up for far too long." he says as he gets up.

"Hold on," Lola says kicking off her shoes, socks and all. "Before you go to bed, let me show you the spell."

Bringing her knees up and her feet onto the couch, she closes her eyes and lets the power build in her stomach. Soundlessly, except for the shift of the springs, the girl becomes a wolf. It's not so much a transformation, with hair and bones and faces changing, as a replacement. A wolf is sitting where a girl was, its face in a smile and its tongue lolling out the side of it's mouth.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-06, 06:04 PM

Kayden makes a face that Lola will soon come to recognize as his "magic is awesome" face. He bends down for a moment to look her at eye level, then give her a friendly pat on the head and say "You make quite the pretty wolf. G'night then." and he'll head off to bed.
Right after coming back in to leave a pillow on the couch for her, mumbling something about having too many.

Devixer
2013-08-06, 10:35 PM
Hildur's Cave

[Road Home]
Thryza practically runs inside. Gonna go heat up that water! She giggles, so excited to be home and safe.

Hildur rushes inside the cave as well, quickly heading to the spring.

Beans
2013-08-06, 10:42 PM
[Cave]
Thryza puts the pack against the wall, then runs off to get to work on heating the spring up further!

Devixer
2013-08-06, 10:44 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur puts her pack down as well, then starts taking her clothes off to get ready for a nice relaxing bath with her girlfriend. "Is the water ready yet, babe?"

Beans
2013-08-06, 10:55 PM
[Cave]
After a bit, Thryza turns and nods, undressing herself.
Temperature's perfect, sweetheart. She starts to slip in, giggling as the steam rises.

Devixer
2013-08-06, 10:57 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur slips into the spring as well, making sure to get very close to Thyrza. She sighs in bliss. "Even my hoard can't beat this," she says.

Beans
2013-08-06, 11:04 PM
[Cave]
Thryza drapes her metal arm around her beloved, grinning.
It's almost as lovely as you, sweetie.

Devixer
2013-08-06, 11:07 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur lays her own arm across Thyrza's metal arm, with a vaguely happy look on her face. "The same to you, love."

Beans
2013-08-06, 11:10 PM
[Cave]
Thryza lays her head on her girlfriend's shoulder, spacing out.
As Hildur lays her arm on Thryza's, she accidentally bumps something and one of the little compartments opens up with a soft click. Hey, there's something shiny in there!

Devixer
2013-08-06, 11:11 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur initially spaces out as well, until she hears the click and her eyes flick to Thyrza's arm. "Honey? There's, um, something in your arm."

Beans
2013-08-06, 11:14 PM
[Cave]
Thryza blinks. Oh, did a compartment open? Is it my Derringer?
If Hildur looks, it is very certainly not a Derringer. It is four letters out of that word, though.
By which I mean it's a ring.

Devixer
2013-08-06, 11:16 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur blushes rather profusely at seeing the ring. "Ah, no, I wouldn't say it is," she says, while examining the ring to make sure it's what she suspects it is.

Beans
2013-08-06, 11:22 PM
[Cave]
Mmm, good, don't want that to get wet... She's a little spacey still.
The ring is made of purple gold (a gold-aluminum alloy to be exact, but I dunno if that's a thing dragons would just know) set with a hexagonal pink tourmaline gem. It looks very nice.
Thryza blinks and glances at her girlfriend. If it's not my gun, what... is it?

Devixer
2013-08-06, 11:24 PM
Hildur's Cave

A real dragon might know the quality of the metal, but Hildur is still mostly a human, just with some dragon features.

"It's a, um, a ring." Did Thyrza not know about this?

Beans
2013-08-06, 11:29 PM
[Cave]
Thryza nods. Oh, okay, the riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioh balls I thought I locked that one.
She tenses, then sighs. I... um... well, I... guess that cat is prematurely out of the bag.
Can I still propose?
Should have been a lot more careful hiding treasure from a dragon and all.

Devixer
2013-08-06, 11:31 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur blushes again, but makes her decision quickly, tilting her head to kiss Thyrza. "I never saw it," she mutters.

Beans
2013-08-06, 11:35 PM
[Cave]
Thryza kisses back.
You're the best, sweetie.
She reaches and takes the ring in her non-metal hand, holding her girlfriend closer.
You're the first person I've been with who's ever made me want to be a better me every day for you. All I want in my life is to be with you and see you happy... Hili, will you let me be your wife?

Devixer
2013-08-06, 11:38 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur's eyes mist up a little as she listens to the proposal. "Of course I will, Thyrza. But only if I can be your wife too," she says with a smile.

Beans
2013-08-06, 11:40 PM
[Cave]
Thryza slips the ring onto Hildur's finger and, not quite knowing what to say when one's snowboarder dragon girlfriend has just become one's teary-eyed snowboarder dragon fiancee, kisses her.

Devixer
2013-08-06, 11:43 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur returns the kiss, which might last a little longer than Thyrza intended it to. When they pull apart, she's still smiling. "I love you, Thyrza. More than anything in the world."

Beans
2013-08-06, 11:45 PM
[Cave]
Thryza smiles back, giggling softly.
Hili, you're everything to me---it's on the ring, see?
She slips the ring off her fiancee's finger to let her have a look at the inside surface:
MY WORLD

Devixer
2013-08-06, 11:49 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur's smile doesn't falter at the engraving, and she pulls herself closer to Thyrza. "I was yours long before now, Thyrza. I've never been this happy with someone."

Beans
2013-08-06, 11:54 PM
[Cave]
Thryza pulls her fiancee into her lap, hugging her tightly.
And I, yours... I'm so happy we met.

Devixer
2013-08-06, 11:56 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur is pulled into Thyrza's lap, and starts to caress her fiancee. "Never thought I'd meet the love of my life in a bar," she says.

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:00 AM
[Cave]
Thryza grins. Never thought my future wife and I would have such an awkward first conversation.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:01 AM
Hildur's Cave

"Or that we'd admit our feelings on top of a pile of treasure inside of a cave?" Hildur says, tracing her finger along Thyrza's collarbone.

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:06 AM
[Cave]
Thryza squirms, giggling a little.
Or that we would take a couple days to get a bed, and until then we'd be in separate sleeping bags holding hands?

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:08 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur just giggles again, and plants a kiss on Thyrza's neck. "Nope, never thought any of those things."

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:14 AM
[Hildur's Cave]
Mmm... dating an athlete didn't seem too crazy, though. A dragon athlete, though... well, some surprises are the best things.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:16 AM
Hildur's Cave

"I didn't expect to be with an alchemist, either," Hildur says, continuing to plant kisses along Thyrza's neck and jaw.

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:21 AM
[Cave]
I didn't expect to marry a girl from... where is it you're from again? She nuzzles her fiancee, giggling.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:23 AM
Hildur's Cave

"Sweden," Hildur mumbles. "Maybe we could find a way to go there, even if I can't live back home anymore."

OrchestraHc
2013-08-07, 12:27 AM

Kayden makes a face that Lola will soon come to recognize as his "magic is awesome" face. He bends down for a moment to look her at eye level, then give her a friendly pat on the head and say "You make quite the pretty wolf. G'night then." and he'll head off to bed.
Right after coming back in to leave a pillow on the couch for her, mumbling something about having too many.

The grey wolf lays down on her side, stretched out on the couch. Lola gives a sort of canine noise as Kayden leaves to bed, not exactly a bark or a whine. The pillow, of course, would pass without a comment even if she could speak. Assuming there are no break-ins on their first night in their new home, she'll sleep to morning.

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:27 AM
[Hildur's Cave]
Thryza hugs her tightly.
Honeymoon destination, maybe?
And... I actually did think Swedish girls were hot before.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:32 AM
Hildur's Cave

"I had a thing for tattoos, though the woman part obviously came later." Hildur smiles as she's hugged, wondering how she could be so happy when not snowboarding.

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:34 AM
[Hildur's Cave]
Once you go Thryza, you never go back.
Thryza winks, hugging her fiancee closer.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:36 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur giggles. "Never ever ever," she says before giving Thyrza a deep kiss.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-07, 06:21 AM

The grey wolf lays down on her side, stretched out on the couch. Lola gives a sort of canine noise as Kayden leaves to bed, not exactly a bark or a whine. The pillow, of course, would pass without a comment even if she could speak. Assuming there are no break-ins on their first night in their new home, she'll sleep to morning.

No one breaks into the house except a perfectly ordinary spider or two. I'm convinced those things can phase through walls.
And so morning comes! Without a doubt Lola will wake up before Kayden, who'll be out for a while if left to himself. She can wake him up, of course, or do anything else.

Beans
2013-08-07, 10:56 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur giggles. "Never ever ever," she says before giving Thyrza a deep kiss.

Thryza kisses back, leaning back to let Hildur loom over her.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 11:10 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur continues the kiss for some time, moving her hands down Thyrza's torso. When she pulls back, she's content just to relax in the water.

Beans
2013-08-07, 11:58 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur continues the kiss for some time, moving her hands down Thyrza's torso. When she pulls back, she's content just to relax in the water.
Thryza drapes her arms around her girlfriend's waist, smiling.
So, which one of us is going to be the crazy obsessive bride who scares the planner?

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:12 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur relaxes in Thyrza's arms. "I don't know. That seems like a dragon thing, doesn't it?"

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:14 PM
[Hildur's cave]
Yeah, so you have full Bridezilla rights if you want 'em... can either of us actually wear a dress? She looks at herself and at her lover, wondering if one is more tomboyish.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:16 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Um, I guess. I don't want to, though," Hildur says. "I've never liked wearing a dress."

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:19 PM
[Hildur's Cave]
Thryza shrugs. It's our wedding, we can do what we want... what about, like, black tux for me, white tux for you? She reaches up to play with her girlfriend's short hair.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:24 PM
Hildur's Cave

"We could both show up with nothing on," Hildur says, shortly before giggling at her obvious joke.

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:26 PM
[Hildur's Cave]
Thryza snorts. That'd be a big hit with the... um... who are we inviting?

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:28 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur thinks for a moment. "I'm not really sure. I mean, my family can't come here, and I don't really have a lot of friends."

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:35 PM
[Cave]
I... don't... really know anyone... huh.
She stretches. This is a little weird.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:40 PM
Hildur's Cave

"We can figure that part out a little later," Hildur says, resting her head on Thyrza's shoulder and stroking her side.

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:44 PM
[Cave]
Thryza nods, cuddling her fiancee close.
Yeah... for now all we have to worry about is, I dunno, you're cute. That's it.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:46 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Mmm. You too." Hildur shifts a little to get more comfortable. "Could you make sure the water stays hot? I might take a nap right here."

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:49 PM
[Cave]
Thryza does... alchemy things, and nods.
That'll keep it a few hours.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:51 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur smiles and kisses her fiancee. "Thank you, love."

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:54 PM
[Cave]
Kissing back, the alchemist cuddles her warmly and rubs her back.
Sweet dreams, cutie.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 12:55 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur is quick to doze off, that trip tired her out more than she'd admit. She'll be asleep for a couple of hours.

Beans
2013-08-07, 12:59 PM
[Cave]
Thryza dozes off not long after, relaxed by her lover's embrace and the warm water. She's tired too, snoring quietly.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 01:04 PM
Hildur's Cave

When Hildur wakes up, she smiles at Thyrza and waits for her to wake up.

Beans
2013-08-07, 01:09 PM
[Cave]
Thryza eventually mumbles awake, smiling back.
Mmmm, hi hon...

Devixer
2013-08-07, 01:11 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Hey yourself," Hildur says, kissing Thyrza's cheek. "We should probably get out before we turn into prunes."

Beans
2013-08-07, 01:13 PM
[Cave]
Thryza helps her lover out of the water, following her to dry off.
Mmm, good idea... I think today is very much a "let's flop around a bunch" day.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 01:15 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur is quick to dry herself off, but doesn't bother getting dressed. "After that sawmill, that sounds just fine to me."

Beans
2013-08-07, 01:21 PM
[Cave]
Thryza flops on the bed with a sigh, spreading out. Mmmm, relaaaaaxing...

Devixer
2013-08-07, 01:23 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur climbs onto the bed as well, cuddling with Thyrza.

Beans
2013-08-07, 01:37 PM
[Cave]
Thryza giggles, snuggling closer. Mmmmm, you're the best.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 01:38 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Nope, not while you're around," Hildur says, reaching for Thyrza's metal hand.

Beans
2013-08-07, 01:44 PM
[Cave]
Thryza grins and nestles her head on Hildur's shoulder.
Mmm, I'd get into a compliment war but I'm too lazy.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 01:47 PM
Hildur's Cave

"I have other things in mind as well," Hildur says, hands wandering down Thyrza's front.

Beans
2013-08-07, 02:06 PM
[Cave]
Thryza wriggles, reaching back to caress her lover's sides as she reaches for the curtain.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 02:08 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur keeps he curtain down for some time. When it does rise, she's laying back on the bed, catching her breath.

Beans
2013-08-07, 02:14 PM
[Cave]
Thryza giggles breathlessly, curled close to her bride-to-be.
Love you, gorgeous.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 02:15 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Love you too," Hildur says, slipping an arm around Thyrza's waist and holding her close.

Beans
2013-08-07, 02:29 PM
[Cave]
Thryza kisses her gently, head on her shoulder.
You're just the best girl a girl could hope for...

Devixer
2013-08-07, 02:38 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur smiles and lazily rubs Thyrza's back. "Anyone would be jealous, looking at us."

Beans
2013-08-07, 02:47 PM
[Cave]
Thryza nods softly, eyes closing.
Mmmmm, and who could blame them?

Devixer
2013-08-07, 02:50 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur wriggles a little to let Thyrza get more comfortable. "I know I wouldn't."

Beans
2013-08-07, 02:56 PM
[Cave]
Eyes closed, she giggles. Mmmm, we're probably the coolest couple ever, when you think about it...

Devixer
2013-08-07, 03:10 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Definitely," Hildur says. "Who could measure up to us?"

Beans
2013-08-07, 03:34 PM
[CAve]
Nobody, 'cause we're the best!

OrchestraHc
2013-08-07, 05:43 PM

No one breaks into the house except a perfectly ordinary spider or two. I'm convinced those things can phase through walls.
And so morning comes! Without a doubt Lola will wake up before Kayden, who'll be out for a while if left to himself. She can wake him up, of course, or do anything else.

Lola will let Kayden sleep in as he pleases so long as it's before noon. If so, he'll probably wake to her watching television, in human cone. If not, he'll be woken up gently.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 05:54 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur grins and leans in to kiss Thyrza. "That we are." She lays back. "There anything you want to do that doesn't involve leaving this cave or putting clothes on?"

Deathkeeper
2013-08-07, 09:01 PM

Kayden doesn't sleep for over 12 hours, that would just be silly. He shuffles in around ten, rubbing his eyes. Lola can now cross "See a lizard-man in pajamas" off her Incredibly Weird Things to See Before She Dies list.
"Oh, is that what that thing is for? Neat. Good morning. What's, er, on?"

OrchestraHc
2013-08-07, 09:46 PM

"You didn't know know?" Lola asks and sits further to the side. "Just weather. Looks like it's going to be a clear day. Good for job-hunting, and hunting-jobs I guess."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-07, 09:51 PM

Kayden looks at her for a moment, his eyes still mostly closed.
"We did establish that the most advanced technology of my world is the airship and cannon, yes? We don't have sir-cuts or whatever you use in your thingies."
And yes he says "airships" as if they were only a minor miracles of magitech.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-07, 10:01 PM

"We didn't. And by airships, do you mean planes, or blimps, or hot air balloons? because only one of those things means you're place shouldn't be a good ways past the cannon."

"Go get dressed so we can go out to breakfast."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-07, 10:25 PM

Kayden talks as he goes into the other room to trade his silks for his red pants.
"Well, they have wings and propellers and lots of moving parts and I think they're powered by a heckuva lot of magicite and thunder spells."
Hey, it makes more sense than X, when some ships were powered by chocobos in hamster wheels. Not kidding.

Beans
2013-08-07, 10:37 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur grins and leans in to kiss Thyrza. "That we are." She lays back. "There anything you want to do that doesn't involve leaving this cave or putting clothes on?"

Mmmm... we could, like... food. Food is good. Food means energy and energy is a good thing.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-07, 11:02 PM

"That explains a little, I guess." Not really, but magicite sounds like magic rocks, and is probably literally that in latin, and she doesn't know how regular planes work so she lets it go. Turning off the T.V., she stands up, dusts herself off and waits outside of his door.

Devixer
2013-08-07, 11:07 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Sounds good to me. You remember what we've got left that's nice and easy to make?" Hildur asks, not making any move to get out of bed just yet.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-07, 11:22 PM

Kayden opens the door. "Sorry. I never got to learning much about them myself, and I've never been on one." he says as he goes to the closet to pull on his coat. Which since he's forgoing his armor is sort of an odd look, being shirtless under a coat, but whatever. Regardless, after sticking his hat on his head, he's ready to go.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-07, 11:44 PM
Lola And Kayden's Hunted House

"Just a sec," Lola says as she tries to squeeze past into his room. "Forgot I hung my jacket in your room." She grabs her leather Jacket and tries to lead the two of them out the door.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-07, 11:47 PM
Leaving Lola and Kayden's place

Kayden nods and lets Lola lead the way out after she gets her coat.

OrchestraHc
2013-08-08, 12:25 AM
Leaving Kayden and Lola's Place

Lola takes Kayden to a DINER (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15780096&postcount=1385) in Inside she saw yesterday.

Beans
2013-08-09, 09:10 AM
Hildur's Cave

"Sounds good to me. You remember what we've got left that's nice and easy to make?" Hildur asks, not making any move to get out of bed just yet.
Um... we've got, like... we could make quesadillas?
Thryza sits up, stretching.

Devixer
2013-08-09, 11:27 AM
Hildur's Cave

"Okay, that sounds good." Hildur sits up behind Thyrza, trying to hug her and nuzzle the back of her shoulder.

Beans
2013-08-09, 12:49 PM
[Cave]
Thryza purrs softly, then gets up to start makin' foods!

Devixer
2013-08-09, 12:52 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur doesn't stop Thyrza from getting up, and soon follows Thyrza to watch her make food.

Beans
2013-08-09, 12:57 PM
[Cave]
Thryza eventually has several hot quesadillas on a plate, cutting them into quarters! Initiate nom sequence!

Devixer
2013-08-09, 01:00 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur sits wherever's convenient before she starts to eat her share of the bounty.

Beans
2013-08-09, 01:05 PM
[Cave]
Thryza plonks down next to her to eat, shoulder to shoulder and hip to hip.
I've never been as content as I am now.

Devixer
2013-08-09, 01:11 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur smiles and lays her free hand on Thyrza's thigh. "Neither have I," she says.

Beans
2013-08-09, 01:16 PM
[Cave]
Thryza shamelessly initiates a game of footsie, just 'cause.
Mmm... question!
Kids, is that a thing you want?

Devixer
2013-08-09, 01:17 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur plays along with the sudden footsies. "Um, you mean like adoption?" Hildur takes a moment to consider. "I'm not really sure, it's never something I thought about."

Beans
2013-08-09, 01:25 PM
[Cave]
Adoption... or, I dunno, maybe there's some sorta alchemy... thing for the, uh, usual method... She rubs the back of her head sheepishly. I haven't thought about it much either, but if you ever wanna...
She leans over and nuzzles her.
It's not as if we have to make it happen right away, hon---we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and we're... what, not past 25 even?

Devixer
2013-08-09, 01:27 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Are you asking me that, or the dragon whose Name I inherited?" Hildur asks with a grin. "I'll think about it, Thyrza. We have a long time for that decision now."

Beans
2013-08-09, 01:36 PM
[Cave]
Thryza giggles. I'm asking my bride-to-be, whoever she decides she is. She hugs her close with one arm. And yeah, we have a long time---gotta wedding plan first, after all.

Devixer
2013-08-09, 01:38 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Well I'm almost 23, no matter what Maarsukaal wants to say," Hildur says as she's hugged.

Beans
2013-08-09, 01:56 PM
[Cave]
I'm 22... and Maarsukaal had better behave.
Winking, she bumps her fiancee's hip softly.

Devixer
2013-08-09, 01:58 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur smiles and bumps Thyrza back. "Don't worry about Maarsukaal. It's just my Name now, even if I still like Hildur."

Beans
2013-08-09, 04:51 PM
[Hildur's Cave]
She nods, arm around her waist.
Mmmmmm, maybe I'll just call you my princess from now on.
Giggling, Thryza kisses her cheek.
Actually, speaking of names... whose last name should we use?

Devixer
2013-08-09, 04:55 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur hmm's in consideration on sunames. "Well, what do you like more, Lange or Kazari?"

Beans
2013-08-09, 04:57 PM
[Cave]
Mmmm... I like Lange. She grins. Thryza Lange sounds good, mm?

Devixer
2013-08-09, 05:02 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur ruminates on how Hildur Kazari sounds to her before nodding. "I like Lange, too." she says. "But Kazari isn't bad."

Beans
2013-08-09, 05:05 PM
[Cave]
Thryza nods. True... mmm, still like Lange more. Maybe we should get some practice in, have you start calling me Mrs. Lange. She giggles, snuggling closer.

Devixer
2013-08-09, 05:10 PM
Hildur's Cave

"That's definitely something I can do," Hildur says, before nuzzling Thyrza's cheek. By now, she's finished the quesadillas that she'd wanted.

Beans
2013-08-09, 05:17 PM
[Cave]
Thryza slips into her lap, purring.
You're just too perfect, you know that?

Devixer
2013-08-09, 05:44 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur lays her arm across Thyrza's legs. "I should, what with how many times you've told me."

Beans
2013-08-09, 05:47 PM
[Cave]
Thryza kisses her head. Mmmm, I do tend to repeat myself...

Devixer
2013-08-09, 06:35 PM
Hildur's Cave

"That's okay," Hildur says. "I doubt I'm much better."

Beans
2013-08-09, 06:41 PM
[Cave]
Couple of ever-redundant cuties, that's what we are.
Thryza wiggles, hugging her bride-to-be closer.

Devixer
2013-08-09, 06:49 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Soon to be married couple of ever-reduntant cuties," Hildur says with a grin.

Beans
2013-08-09, 06:59 PM
[Cave]
Mmmm, the cutest wives. The most redundant wives. She lays her head atop Hildur's, giggling.

Devixer
2013-08-09, 07:02 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur smiles tries to peck Thyrza on the lips. "I love you, Thyrza."

Beans
2013-08-09, 07:05 PM
[Cave]
And I love you, Hildur.
She kisses back, stroking her girlfriend's hair as she scoots closer in her lap.

Devixer
2013-08-09, 07:11 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur cups Thyrza's cheek, while her other hand slides up to her stomach. "So, where would you want the wedding? Maybe in your home, if we do honeymoon back in Sweden?"

Beans
2013-08-09, 07:21 PM
[Cave]
That... that could be nice. Essarin is a bit of a cold place, though... She kisses her softly.

Devixer
2013-08-09, 11:19 PM
Hildur's Cave

"That's fine. Sweden's not exactly warm itself," Hildur says after the kiss.

Beans
2013-08-10, 09:55 AM
[Cave]
Thryza giggles.
Works for me, babe. After all, more fun to keep warm together that way! She snuggles against her fiancee, nuzzling her cheek.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 10:02 AM
Hildur's Cave

"Well, that's always fun," Hildur says, leaning back a little for better snuggling. "But I do agree with you."

Beans
2013-08-10, 10:04 AM
[Cave]
Thryza smiles, stroking her hair.
Good, 'cause I'm pretty awesome, and agreeing with me is always a good idea.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 10:07 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur grins and tilts her head back a little, starting to rub Thyrza's shoulder. "You're a lot more than 'pretty' awesome, babe."

Beans
2013-08-10, 10:13 AM
[Cave]
Thryza grins, leaning down to kiss her fiancee.
Okay, yeah... and so are you, of course.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 10:16 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur kisses Thyrza back, lacing her fingers through her hair. "You're also quite the kisser," she says.

Beans
2013-08-10, 10:19 AM
[Cave]
I know! She grins, snuggling closer. You wanna do... I'unno, things?

Devixer
2013-08-10, 10:21 AM
Hildur's Cave

"What kinda things?" Hildur asks with a smile on her face.

Beans
2013-08-10, 10:28 AM
[Cave]
Things besides the, well, the inevitable? We know it's gonna be happening sooner or later and it'll be awesome, but a little variety's still good.
Well, we ate... had a bath... what other things can we do without leaving home?

Devixer
2013-08-10, 10:33 AM
Hildur's Cave

"Hmmm... I'm not coming up with much, to be honest. Maybe if our spring was a little deeper we could swim for more than a few minutes," Hildur says, stroking Thyrza's back.

Beans
2013-08-10, 10:37 AM
[Cave]
Thryza thinks.
I could do some... like, an alchemy thing. Lemme go get some... things ready.
She slips off her lover's lap to start working on some alchemical symbols.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 10:39 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur lets Thyrza off of her, then turns around to watch her work on alchemy things. She isn't sure she'll ever understand them, but they do look nice.

Beans
2013-08-10, 11:09 AM
[Cave]
Thryza heads to the spring; there's some muffled explodey sounds as the blasting symbols work on the bottom of the spring floor, and then she starts working on removing the debris from the water.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 11:13 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur hears the explodey noises and heads into the spring to see that it's suddenly deeper. "Wow, is there anything you can't do with that?" she asks.

Beans
2013-08-10, 11:18 AM
[Cave]
She giggles. Some stuff, but alchemy is hella versatile.
It takes a bit, but she finally cleans up the spring.
There, all done!

Devixer
2013-08-10, 11:19 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur giggles and walks up to Thyrza to hug her. "Thank you, honey."

Beans
2013-08-10, 11:27 AM
[Cave]
She hugs back, grinning. Anything for you, princess.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 11:37 AM
Hilur's Cave

Hildur smiles. "Really? Could you fill up the spring, too? At least before the waterfall does?"

Beans
2013-08-10, 11:43 AM
[Cave]
She thinks.
Mmmm, don't think so---alchemy doesn't create or annihilate new matter, it just works with and changes what's already present---that's why I had to do something with the rubble after I deepened our spring.
Sitting, she shrugs. Sorry, dear.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 11:46 AM
Hildur's Cave

"That's okay, I can wait," Hildur says, trying to settle into Thyrza's lap.

Beans
2013-08-10, 11:49 AM
[Cave]
Thryza cuddles her close, thinking.
Mmmmm... wrestle while we wait?

Devixer
2013-08-10, 11:50 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur blinks in confusion. "Wrestle? What do you mean by that?"

Beans
2013-08-10, 11:54 AM
[Cave]
Thryza giggles. Liiiike this!
She flops onto her back, then rolls over to pin Hildur to the floor, though only playfully.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 11:56 AM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur's easily pinned to the ground, and she grins as well. "Oh, now I see. Sure you want to do this?" She tries to slip from under Thyrza by lifting her up a little.

Beans
2013-08-10, 12:04 PM
[Cave]
Thryza nods and grins; Hildur is able to slip out from under her pretty easily, given that the alchemist is a bit less athletic and only being playful.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 12:09 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur tries to get on Thyrza's back and pin her by her arms. It's pretty clear that she isn't using all of her strength here, which is probably a good thing.

Beans
2013-08-10, 12:13 PM
[Cave]
Thryza giggles, squirming a bit; finding her arms don't exactly do things right now, she tries to use her legs to grab at her girlfriend's legs or hips.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 12:17 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur's hips are grabbed, and Hildur doesn't do much to stop it. She doesn't think Thyrza can do much from the position she's in.

Beans
2013-08-10, 12:21 PM
[Cave]
Thryza tries to shake her off balance, also trying to get a little leverage with her metal arm's somewhat greater range of motion. She's giggling all the while, of course.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 12:25 PM
Hildur's Cave

Normally something like that wouldn't work on Hildur, but she's playing here, not actually fighting. So, she instead falls over on her side with a short laugh.

Beans
2013-08-10, 12:32 PM
[Cave]
Thryza tries again to pin her girlfriend, this time on her side, grinning.
Oh, we are so doing this more often.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 12:36 PM
Hildur's Cave

"With or without our clothes on?" Hildur asks, while trying to turn out of the pin and force Thyrza on her back.

Beans
2013-08-10, 12:42 PM
[Cave]
Thryza reaches up with her legs again, trying to pull her girlfriend down on top of her.
Is that a question I really have to answer?

Devixer
2013-08-10, 12:43 PM
Hildur's Cave

As Hildur's pulled on top of Thyrza, she tries to pin her shoulders to the ground. "Yes it is," she says.

Beans
2013-08-10, 12:46 PM
[Cave]
Thryza rolls her eyes, trying to get her arms up to grab at Hildur's shoulders.
Without, of course! Our clothes would get messy!

Devixer
2013-08-10, 12:51 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur's shoulders are grabbed, and she waits for what Thyrza will do next. "I guess that's a good point," she says.

Beans
2013-08-10, 12:56 PM
[Cave]
Thryza tries to pull her down and kiss her. See? I approach this sort of thing in the most sensible way.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 12:59 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur kisses her back, before trying to flip them over so Thyrza's on top of her. "That's you, the sensible one," she says.

Beans
2013-08-10, 01:01 PM
[Cave]
Thryza nods, finally dropping all flimsy pretense and reaching for the curtain.
Also pretty hot, all things considered.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 01:11 PM
Hildur's Cave

By the time the curtain is let up, Hildur may have moved over to the bed. Regardless, she's snuggled up to Thyrza and kissing her neck.

Beans
2013-08-10, 01:14 PM
[Cave]
Thryza sighs in bliss, nestling closer to her girlfriend. Mmmmm, we're just the best at everything, especially love.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 01:18 PM
Hildur's Cave

"Love is definitely up high on the list of things we're the best at," Hildur mutters, pulling the bedsheets over them.

Beans
2013-08-10, 01:25 PM
[Cave]
Thryza scoots closer.
Yeah... it's hard work being awesome, though. She plonks her head on her fiancee's chest.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 01:27 PM
Hildur's Cave

"That's just a burden we'll have to carry," Hildur says, kissing the top of Thyrza's head.

Beans
2013-08-10, 01:35 PM
[Cave]
Thryza snuggles her head close into her lover's warmth, eyes closing.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 01:36 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur smiles at her fiancee, shortly before dozing off for the night.

Beans
2013-08-10, 02:19 PM
[Cave]
Thryza dozes with her, happy and exhausted.

Devixer
2013-08-10, 02:24 PM
Hildur's Cave

Hildur wakes up fairly late the next morning. If Thyrza hasn't already woken up, she gently kisses her fiancee before slipping out of bed.

Beans
2013-08-10, 02:30 PM
[Cave]
Thryza mumbles, but remains asleep for now. She shifts a little in her sleep, smiling.