PDA

View Full Version : summon nature’s ally II question

relytdan
2013-08-01, 01:55 AM
so Other than Druid & Ranger - whom both can cast summon nature’s ally II - is there any other class , prc, race, template, feat ... anything besides a wand/rod ect of - to get the spell?

want to qualify for Lion of Talisid (boed)

Norin
2013-08-01, 02:23 AM
Spirit Shaman uses the Druid list.
Archivist can use Druid/Ranger spells.
Wyrm Wizard can research it through Spell Research.

Those come to mind first at least. Could be more/others.

edit: Cleric with Animal Domain can cast summon Nature's Ally IV and in effect can thus summon the same animals from SNAII. But if that qualifies you for LoT is debatable and probably not working.

nedz
2013-08-01, 02:32 AM
No, though it can be emulated. It appears on no other spell list.

If you were allowed to overachieve then the following might be useful, but that's a DM call.

Summon Nature's Ally IV and VIII appear in the Animal Domain.
Summon Nature's Ally IX in the Fey and Gnome domains.
And there's a Fey Heratage feat which gives you SNA V.

relytdan
2013-08-01, 08:29 PM
thanks for the input I will look into them - unfortuneatly the nature domain does not summon nature’s ally II -if I go by raw to qualify for Lion of Talisid (boed) it would need to be able to cast - summon nature’s ally II -not III, IV,V,VI ect... anyways thanks

Deophaun
2013-08-01, 08:34 PM
Savage Bard (Unearthed Arcana) can cast SNA II

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-01, 10:39 PM
Where are you starting from?

avr
2013-08-01, 10:47 PM
There's a PrC in Dragonmarked which gets SNA I-IV and some bonuses to them based on the Magebred template. I forget the name however.

rot42
2013-08-01, 11:08 PM
There's a PrC in Dragonmarked which gets SNA I-IV and some bonuses to them based on the Magebred template. I forget the name however.

Vadalis Beastkeeper; needs an animal companion or special mount. The Extra Spell feat might work, depending on how your DM reads it. You could create a custom domain for a Wizard (UA 57). How were you planning to get the animal companion to get into Lion of Talisid?