PDA

View Full Version : Artifact Hunters

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

BlueWizard
2006-12-13, 07:08 PM
Artifact Hunters:

From the depths of the earth to the far reaches of the globe to right down the hill! Fate has drawn these assorted humanoids together. Now this band of artifact hunters will seek the lost treasures of Asatru. {OOC-the religion of the Norse people}

The Artifact Hunters:
Ramona: Half-Orcess warrior, grew up with the horseman tribes of Zhe.
Tevrier: A human native to Zhe, and companion to Ramona. Seperated from his tribe and raised by others....
Raven: A recent convert to Thor. Now for the Norse churches he journeys to find the lost artifacts, he travels with his wife, the drow Illanee{NPC}, drow noble from the city of Eilistraee. died in Black Mountain, raised, and now living in Eilistrae.
Valimar: Another good drow, he is a nobleman who has been chosen by his adopted city of Eilistraee, to help aid the humans. died in Black Mountain, raised, and now living in Eilistrae.
Sonny: A former Guild Thug, gone hero!?!
Arha: A wizard lost to time, now finds herself in an unlikely group of companions.
Sharon: Rescued by the Guild, and now on a godly mission, which should increase her sorceress powers.
Anduran: Chosen by the Norse Churches to lead the band through Zhe, he also has a hidden purpose... called to duty in the higher planes
Redgar{NPC} Dark haired Zhean, burly man. Priest of Thor. He carries a fine looking hammer. died in the Black Volcano.

The Black Lake:
The source of the Black River is quite a sight, all of you have come from far to these hills. It is clear why the river is called Black. Glossy volcanic rock lines the river-bottom as if it were sculpted of black glass. Only after one hikes up into the lower hills did one truly experience the natural or unnatural beauty of it. {There are two schools of thought, but both agree dragon magic destroyed some of the Zhean hills} The ancient lava flows only went so far down the slopes, the obsidian river never reaching the plains. The lower area was typical of any river. Many turbulant eons in the high hills of this region have reduced this ancient mountain range to mere bumps of their former selves.

The water is crystal clear, and many silvery trout and bass can be seen racing in the current down toward the tribes and cities to the West. Ramona and Tevrier's tribes had other names for the river, but all including Anduran knew it as the imperial's Black River.

It is early morning, and the Black Lake will be visible by noon at the latest. Only a short jaunt up into the higher hills. The former questers of Odin will be in camp, actually breaking camp, when discovered by those who came from the old empire of the North. Tevrier in his chain shirt is still nearly silent in the forest, and if he was trying he might've been able to disguise his approach, but the large lady half-orc behind him was the first approaching soul that Anduran heard, her barbarian footfalls, also not masked.

A mist begins to form around the encampment as the human and half-orc approach peacefully. Then materializing before you all is a ghostly image of your old pal Lukan in all his armor and Odinic regalia. He is serious, but happy to see his old companions. "Hello, old friends. Don't be frightened. I have found others who quest for justice as we do.... well.... as some of us do. Raven, it is good to see you, I hope Redgar will be enough to keep you healed up. Do not fret all, I am not a true ghost, merely seperated in the Astral plane away my mortal form. Don't fret on me, other priests are fretting over me instead, when they should be helping you. These two heroes of Utag, Ramona and Tevrier are my friends and have other knowledge of a temple possibly active on the Black River. Arha, I believe, I know much of you too, now. Your Black King is still alive, and very much as dangerous. Some of his personal guardians are here, he is quite deadly and has much power still in this world. Dark undead has he become. I don't recommend revealing yourself to him again. Sonny, while I have all this sneaky knowledge I will tell you, I know of one in the Guild you can trust as far as honor in the guild goes. He is known as Vito the Fifth by his family, and sometimes just 5th or Five." Redgar is stunned by the presence of so famous a dwarven noble, without his body.

Toliudar
2007-06-27, 03:18 PM
Ramona

The big half-orc woman settles back on her heels, not wanting to over-react to the new situation. She glances instinctively at the lithe woodsman next to her.

Ramona is about as muscular as you'd expect from her orc blood, and her shirt of mail strains to contain her. A bulging pack, an absurdly thick bow, and a double axe all hang from her back, and a bandolier of hammers crosses her chest. Her skin is the colour of olive leaves, and a rough mop of black hair sprawls from her head. A golden sun-disk nestles at her throat.

Uh, hello!

Roland St. Jude
2007-06-28, 10:38 PM
Raven

Raven reaches for his blade the instant he hears voices, but stops short of drawing as the mist appears, coalesces and, surprisingly, speaks. He listened carefully, suddenly realizing how much he missed the priest with whom he has traveled out of the underdark. Such strange occurences lately. Reminds me of that old curse, Father Ryu mentioned, 'may you live in interesting times.'

The human called Raven stands before you with a confident, self-assured bearing, his black robes and black leather bodysuit doing little to conceal his massive rippling muscles. Standing 6'3", and heavily muscled, almost to the point of absurdity, Raven has the look of one clearly built for combat. His simple, almost crude-looking, greatsword hangs at his back over a large composite bow.

Raven might almost be good looking with his slightly tanned skin and long, slightly curly blue-black hair tied back with a small piece of leather, except for the world-weary look in his emerald green eyes and the large scar maring his face, running from brow to chin directly through his right eye (though the eye itself seems undamaged).

Few would expect that Raven is a practitioner of the arcane arts. Fewer still have seen the true Raven, a warrior-poet of considerable skill. And even Raven himself is not yet aware of the destiny that lies within him.

He looks at Ramona and her large arsenal approvingly. "Hello," he says simply.

[OOC: I picture him looking like Duncan MacLeod from Highlander but with the build of a Conan-era Schwartzenegger. P.S. Yes, I retooled this introduction from the last time we added a character :smallwink: ]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-06-29, 12:34 AM
Sharon

Standing in the middle of the larger group are a pair of red-headed women. One of them would be considered quite beautiful, if she ever bothered to care about her appearance. Her hair is pulled back and braided and her clothing is well-worn and patched repeatedly. She carries a crossbow and a pack. The girl nods greeting to the newcomers, but doesn't speak to them yet, sticking close to the other red-head, almost, but not quite, appearing like a would-be bodyguard.

wxdruid
2007-06-29, 05:44 AM
Arha

She stands confident, ready and with a smile verging on a smirk on her pretty face. She wears black, several bracelets on her arm and has a recent scar on the inside of her arm. She has several hidden daggers and wears bracers of armor. She is obviously a spellcaster.

Her avi.....http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/Arha1.gif

Ruik
2007-06-29, 07:55 AM
Valimar Kil'ana
Valimar looks up as the two newcomers enter their camp. He looks both over before turning to meet them, inclining his head and smiling briefly. "Welcome to our camp, such as it is."

Valimar is a relatively young Drow male, amber eyes and silver haired, with a knife scar on his left cheek and long dexterous fingers that mark him out as a spell-caster as surely as the long silver wand thrust through his belt, which has obviously seen a fair amount of use.

As is common among the Drow race, gender heights are reversed, leaving Valimar looking slightly shorter than the average male elf, though he maintains the slender elven build. He wears a fine set of blue and silver felt robes, a memory of the times when he worked in the Blue Wizards baths. Those who look carefully can also tell that he is wearing amour of some sort underneath.

He maintains a somewhat reserved manner as befits a prince of his adopted house of of Kil'ana, the ruling house of his home, though quick to smile and always willing to talk.

That leaves him looking a little something like this:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/gifs/drowguy1.gif

Toliudar
2007-06-29, 09:27 AM
Ramona

Trusting that the ghostly dwarf has brought them to a place of safety, Ramona steps forward, hoping that Tevrier will join her.

Thanks, bud. I'm Ramona, an' this is Tevrier. Looks like you already know Lukan.

Her features are plain, and her eyes dart uncertainly among these new people. Selecting the young drow who welcomed them, she steps forward and extends a massive hand in greeting.

Good ta meet ya! Wow, an I thought I had dark skin.

Glancing around, she nods grimly at the serious and capable people they seemed to be.

Tev' an' me, we been fightin' the squids an Voiders all over Zhe. Sounds like there's another nest a them here in the Black Hills, an some angel told us ta come here.

By her manner, this is more than she usually says at one time.

androgial
2007-06-29, 08:26 PM
Anduran

Anduran stands 6'2 and wears simple leathers. his flaming red hair would seem to contrast with his skin tone and his obvious profession. aside from his backpack and a quiver he carries a longbow and two plain looking swords, one short the other long. if one looks closely enough there is something hanging around his neck but it is under his lether vest and hidden from view. Anduran almost seems to be at home in the wilderness.

"well met, we should be moving on."

Having said that he casts pass without trace again and in the same manner as they left the grove of oaks outside nerise, he leads the group along.

BlueWizard
2007-06-30, 04:40 AM
Lukan nods in repsonse to Anduran, "I can only be here too long... but I hope all goes well. The path ahead is dark and dangerous, and filled with twisted evils. I don't know what else to tell you, but beware of Cthulhu. It will cause men to go mad. Incurable at times. Only great magic can fix this."

Lukan will travel with the party for sometime, but as the party comes up over the pass to a view of a great black waterfall. It cuts a swath through the vegetation of a steep hill face. There are natural pathways up through the trees. Lukan will bow as he fades silently away.

{OOC- If you have any questions, I can retro Lukan a bit. Excellent descriptions!}

Severedevil
2007-06-30, 10:23 AM
Tevrier, Human Male

A wiry man in a dark greatcloak steps quietly alongside (and slightly behind) Ramona with a gait that compromises between a walk and a slink. Though dwarfed by Ramona he neverlethess stands six feet high in his worn-but-sturdy leather boots. A grin slowly grows on his weathered face as his green-eyed stare interrogates each new ally's face, physique, bearing and armament. He himself carries a vicious-looking admantium scythe crosswise on his back, the blade curving from his right shoulder to his left, as well as a pair of bolas on his thick leather belt and the promise of further light weapons bulging slightly under his cloak.

Tevrier bows to Valimar upon Ramona's introduction, causing his unnaturally reddish-brown mane - cut short on the sides but long in the middle in a swath that dangles down his neck - to flop forward slightly and back again. As he's already been introduced, Tevrier feels no compunction to speak, and smiles at Anduran's purposed efficiency as he follows after the taller ranger. "Looks promising." he murmurs to Ramona.

BlueWizard
2007-07-01, 04:52 AM
Tevrier will notice that Anduran is an excellent ranger, and makes quite good use of the terrain for cover. He can tell this human is not from anywhere around Zhe, and has exceptional skill.... on par with his. Though he might not be able to tell you who led the tribe of gnolls that guarded the lower hills below the Lake. Neither ranger saw any sign of these gnolls.

The pathway cuts up the side of the waterfall, and your afternoon walk here is cooled with mist.

OOC- Perhaps now would be a good time to get an idea of how the standard marching order of this group will go. Raven and Anduran are likely leading right now. However, the hunched human and mighty half-orcess look like good strong fighter types as well. Redgar will of course volunteer, but he is your only cleric.

amanodel
2007-07-01, 07:59 AM
Sonny, male human

There's only one reason you didn't notice Sonny until now. When Lukan's ghostly form appeared, he stayed away, keeping a healthy distance. He doesn't like magic, and lately it only seemed to complicate matters.

He is no small man, possibly even bigger than Raven, altough slightly less muscular. However he moves very quick and easy compared to his large (some might even call him fat, atlough not in his face) build. His face is rather non-descript, and somewhat untrustworthy, thuggish. (Think Bud Spencer, without a beard and a stiff grin.)

He wears a fine black silk robe with an orange dragon painted on it. You do not see any weapon on him, altough you're fairly sure that the hidden depths of the enormous black robe hide quite an arsenal.

He greets Ramona and Tavrier with a bow of his head, but does not introduces himself, and looks at the newcomers with the clear expression of untrusting.

androgial
2007-07-01, 08:20 AM
Anduran

at the lunch time rest stop anduran proposes a marching order.
himself in the lead with raven, since he knows where they are going, valimar and illanee next, sonny and redgar, sharon and ahra, and in the rear ramona and tevrier

wxdruid
2007-07-01, 09:07 AM
Arha prefers to travel in the middle with Sharon. She keeps her eyes open and occasionally chats with her as they walk.

Toliudar
2007-07-01, 10:42 AM
Ramona

As Anduran proposes an order of movement, Ramona stops herself from commenting. These people don't know us, or our capabilities. They're trusting us with their backs. It's a sign of respect, you ninny.

Soun's good ta me.

So...how'd ya come by knowin' bout this place, anyway?

Safe to assume that we at least get names and a brief understanding of who everyone is? Ramona's accent gives her away as a horse tribeswoman fairly quickly.

amanodel
2007-07-01, 11:18 AM
Sonny

Altough he feels slightly uncomfortable next to the priest, he lines in without too much cursing. He's got a bad feelinga about having two strangers in the sorceresses' back, and frequently looks back to check if there's everything okay.

Sonny's not a mistery as well. A southern maffioso type, the only question about him is how the hell he came to this holy mission.

BlueWizard
2007-07-01, 02:02 PM
Lukan will have introduced everyone by name. Though he did leave your personal powers secret. It'll soon be evident if you don't know the party member.

The strange, but common, low lying mist gets denser the higher you get in the hills. It starts merely covering your feet, but spreads to be waist deep. You can't see more than 30 feet out into the surrounding hills, because of the fog. You can hear the thunder of the waterfall nearby.

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-01, 02:02 PM
Raven

Raven glady takes the lead switching between his bow and his greatsword as the terrain suggests. He tries to keep a keen watch, but as time goes by he finds himself relying almost entirely on Anduran's scouting.

Raven is far more than he appears. On the outside he looks like a heavily-muscled brute wielding a large almost crude sword. He's unlikely to start any idle or social chatter and slow to answer any questions (as he hopes someone else will answer for him).

androgial
2007-07-01, 05:51 PM
Anduran

"Zhe? It was my first assignment, and the first time shadowmane and I met Mira and gwenyth. We must have crossed and crisscrossed zhe a hundred times over the years weve been here. shadowmane is going to be upset. My three precious ladies, I hope they stay safe during this."

Ruik
2007-07-02, 08:38 AM
Valimar Kil'ana
Valimar is happy to fall into the position suggested by Anduran, speaking only when spoken to, taking in their surroundings as the move.

Valimar is a pure wizard, although his LA nerfs it a bit.

Toliudar
2007-07-03, 10:17 PM
Ramona

Once the mist starts to rise, Ramona nervously tests the string on her bow, and takes her axe out to have in the other hand. She reflexively checks behind regularly, uncomfortable in the confines of the fog.

Ramona is a big bruiser, but with a shy manner.

amanodel
2007-07-05, 11:34 AM
Sonny

The large thug curses continously as the fog surrounds the small party. Altough after a while you don't even notice it, as it was a part of the environment, like the rumbling of the waterfall.

Can't you magicians just chase the fog away? Or.. Just leave it be. A least we've got some cover... Dammit.

Severedevil
2007-07-06, 12:35 AM
Tevrier

The not-quite-as-tall ranger nods approvingly to Anduran's marching order. Two warriors, one a scout, guarding the rear and a similar pair up front? Sensible. He treads lightly through the wilderness, keeping his eyes - or once the mist arrives, his ears - peeled for any ambush that may await them on their hostile path.

+9 Listen. And +9 Spot, for what it's worth.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-06, 12:46 AM
Sharon shrugs at Sonny's comment. "Can't do anything about it. Not the sort of magic I know."

Ruik
2007-07-07, 01:07 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar looks at Sonny after Sharon speaks and shakes his head ruefully.

"I too cannot do anything about the fog... but I for one welcome it. At least it might keep away prying non-magical eyes."

BlueWizard
2007-07-07, 04:11 AM
The fog seems to get thicker the higher you get up the mountain. You can still hear the roaring of the waterfall, but Tevrier knows that the top is near. Anduran knows the land well, but this land is in Tevrier's blood. Both of the rangers are the only ones to hear a whooshing from above, and can alert the group quickly that something is landing!

{OOC- Okay, I wanted to give you a moment... but here we go! What a better way to introduce a new thread, and let you all see what the others are capable of.}

The creature swooping down is large, and could be a dragon. Though few of the two that actually hear the swooping have enough experience with them. Tevrier fought a couple, but not in the open air like this!

Initiative:
Arha 18+7
Sonny 18+7
Valimar 14+4
Anduran 15+3
Sharon 12+3
Ramona 8+2
Raven 5+4
Tevrier 1+2

wxdruid
2007-07-07, 04:45 AM
Arha prepares a lightning bolt for when she can see it and starts looking around for cover.....

androgial
2007-07-07, 07:03 AM
anduran

anduran maintains his bow at the ready, there will be time enough to switch out if he needs too. (holding action until decisive identification)

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-07, 05:20 PM
Raven

Raven travels stoically, but somewhat distractedly, as if deep in thought. He grips his weapon loosely, occasionally attempting to sweep away the fog before him. At the first sign of trouble, however, he falls into a slight crouch with his weapon tightly gripped and brought to bear before him.

EDIT: As he hears the call of "dragon!" he speaks a word of his own, casting True Strike and readies himself to leap at the foe.

[OOC: He's unlikely to notice the inbound creature until it actually appears or someone calls it out.]

Severedevil
2007-07-08, 12:42 AM
Tevrier

Keen ears detecting the heavy flyer, Tevrier's head snaps up. Not again... we almost died against the last one... Swallowing quickly, the ranger nudges Ramona urgently. "There's a dragon."

"Dragon!" Tevrier calls in a louder voice, pointing to the sky roughly where he thinks the creature must be. Despite notable experience his mind blanks, and the ranger stands stupidly in place trying to figure out how to combat the being he assumes is a dragon. The breath, avoid the breath... spread out! "Spread out!" he adds belatedly, stepping out orthogonal to the line of the party. A pair of quality bolas flick smoothly into his hand, and he begins to spin them up in a practiced manner.

30' move away from the party and ready a +9 ranged trip attack (range increment 20') with a +10 Strength check to trip, to deliver as soon as any seemingly-hostile flyer breaks through the fog.

Tevrier is jumping to the conclusion, yes.

Ruik
2007-07-08, 03:23 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Searching the sky for this new threat, Valimar chants softly, and his fingers flicker through practiced movements as he summons a shield of force. When done he draws his wand and stands ready beside his friends, gritting his teeth, strikingly white against his ebony skin. "Here we go again..."

Casting shield and drawing wand... if he can't do that this round, then he will at the beginning of next round.

Toliudar
2007-07-08, 11:13 AM
Ramona

Having seen and felt the power of dragon breath...breaths...Ramona also scatters away from the others, clutching her bow. Her night-eyes peer into the gloom and fog, and wait for a target.

Since this is Ramona's fifth, she is definitely also jumping to the conclusion that it's another dragon. If there is a flying target on her action, she will move away from the others and fire once. +10 attack for 1d8+7.

If a dragon lands among them before her action, she'll drop the bow, grab her club and charge it, slamming it two-handed into the creature. +13 attack for 1d8+9 and fear effect.

And...if it turns out not to be a dragon or obviously hostile, she'll still scatter, but then hold off on further action until she knows what's up.

amanodel
2007-07-08, 11:29 AM
Sonny

When Tevrier shouts "dragon", Sonny quickly reaches into his hidden pockets, and pulls out a wand, and with it's magical power, he doubles in size, to better match the supposedly large enemy.

What the f... - you can hear him cursing as he moves towards the place where he thinks the enemy is.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-08, 01:34 PM
Sharon casts true strike, waiting for the thing to show itself.

BlueWizard
2007-07-08, 04:30 PM
Above all of you something screeches, those of you with ANY arcane knowledge can mistake this as nothing other than some sort of dragon! A HUGE shadowy pink colored shape descends upon you through the fog. Everyone can be alerted by the quick ranger's warning.

Arha sees the shape and blasts the dragon with her readied lightning bolt! Unfortunately the crackling bolt fizzles as the dragon's magic resistance kicks in!

Sonny uses his wand to double his size, but still is smaller than the descending beast!

Valimar, casts Shield and uses a move to pull out the wand.

Anduran fires his bow with deadly accuracy, but finds the tough scales of this beast too much for his second shot! {13+10 dam:8; 15+5 deflection}

Sharon fans out and casts True Strike on her crossbow, as the thing comes down.

Ramona moves away from the group quickly, and fires a shot at the falling dragon. Her shot is not strong enough to break through the scales! {8+13}

Raven is warned on the in-coming dragon and casts True Strike himself, and crouches in wait to attack!

Tevrier warned the party loudly and moves away from them into the brush going a seperate direction that Ramona did! He hurls his bola at the huge beast! {{15+9 Str 15+10} The bola is puny compared to the huge dragon coming down with full wings expanded, it strikes the dragon's shoulder, but is almost busted as the dragon easily breaks free of it.

The pink dragon comes down. Hard! It sees Sonny double in size and avoids him, targeting the front of the group. It decides to land on the two mean looking guys in front {Anduran and Raven}
Crush Save:
Anduran 6+8 {dam: 18}
Raven 6+3 {dam:18}
{both failed}

Both of the front rank are pinned, and in the foggy landscape you can now see that upon the back of this huge, fully pink dragon with red glowing eyes, is an attractively shaped woman in full pink dragonscale armor. She snarls in anger at the group! "You killed my father! Prepare to die!"

End Round 1---------------------------------->

Initiative:
Arha 18+7
Sonny 18+7
Valimar 14+4
Anduran 15+3 hp 31/49
Sharon 12+3
Ramona 8+2
Raven 5+4 hp 22/40
Tevrier 1+2
Pink Dragon/ Dragonrider Lady

androgial
2007-07-08, 05:15 PM
Anduran

" now hold on just who is your father we supposedly killed. I hope it wasnt that wizard that tried to lead us into an ambush back in nerise, because if so you should be blaming princess arianna for ordering him to try to kill us."

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-08, 05:22 PM
Raven

Raven gets crushed hard, paying the price for his lax attention and slow reflexes. While anyone who had seen him in action could attest, he was quick once in motion, but slow to get started sometimes.

As the dragon bowls over him and pins Raven to the ground, he grunts and tries to move. I hope Illanee got clear. I hope she shoots the beast right through the eye. With grim determination, Raven attempts to free himself from the bulk of the beast.

[roll0]

amanodel
2007-07-09, 01:08 AM
Sonny

Shoot the lass down! - Sonny shouts to the archers, and charges the dragon, trying to get Raven out from the heels of the beast. Raven could jump and take the girl out with one swing, if he wasn't pinned down.

If the dragon is no bigger than Huge, attempt to Bull Rush it with +8 at opposed strenght check. If the dragon is bigger the Huge, attempt to strike it with Stuning Fist vs fort save dc 13. Big time.
Attack +6, damage d8+4, sneak attack damage +3d6, should someone flank it for me.

Ruik
2007-07-09, 03:55 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar grits his teeth in anger and points his wand at the female rider, unleashing a swarm of magic missiles. "Fool! We only defend ourselves when attacked!"

wxdruid
2007-07-09, 07:48 AM
Arha scatters and casts Spectral Hand

she loses 1d4 hit points, gives +2 bonus on melee touch attack roll, pg 282 of PHB

Toliudar
2007-07-09, 08:28 AM
Ramona

A wizard lead you guys into an ambush too? Wonner if it were the same wizard?

Ramona couldn't see any easy way of reaching the woman with her axe, so found what cover she could in the terrain and fired off a pair of arrows at the pink lady. She whispers to the bow.

C'mon. Make Davon proud.

Attack +10/+5 with bow for 1d8+7, 5' step towards cover.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-09, 11:00 AM
Sharon opts for another spell, instead of a crossbow bolt, sending twin rays of fire at the dragonrider.

(Casting scorching ray, 2 rays, ranged touch attack of +26, 4d6 damage per ray. Spell resistance, if applicable (15 is her DC).)

BlueWizard
2007-07-09, 05:58 PM
Arha sprints from the group and casts Spectral hand 30 feet away. She feels the cold pain of this spell. {d:1}

Sonny is far too small to Bull Rush the Dragon, but can try to pound his fist into it. {20+8 not crit 10+8 dam: 6} Sonny slams his fist hard into the dragon and can see he did minimal, but effective damage. {OOC- This can be retro'd.}

Valimar sends his Magic missles at the dragon and finds more bad luck with spell resistance!

The woman in pink dargon scale glares through her pink draconic helmet, "You! You are not one of them. Leave and you will live!" The dragon doesn't let up from squashing him though. {He can assist Raven with the lift. Raven will have a better chance of doing it.}

Sharon transfers her magic to her spell and aims at the woman in pink.{19+26 d:15 and SR 13+26 d:15} A strange protection orb from the dragon protects the rider. However, one of the streams of fire gets through the dragon's resistance and fries the girl. She screeches angrily!

On Ramona's two shots she finds just how tough the girl's pink dragonhide armor is. {8+10 and 12+5} Both her mighty arrow shots fail to penetrate as well.

The counter pin from Raven fails to work even with Farlgort's added help. {OOC- I rolled a 19 :smalleek: }

Tevrier from his hidden spot takes aim with his bow. This isn't much more effective. {5+8 miss 1+8 fumble...:smallyuk: } He clips Sonny in the group, scratching the enlarged new ally on accident. {d:2}

Raven and Anduran can feel the life breath being pushed out of them, and it is possible that it could crush them still. It instead leaps up into the air and unleashes a puff of hot steam over the party sizzling the flesh of the humanoids around it.

Save:
all fail {d:27}
Sonny 6+10
Sharon 7+8
Raven 7+3
Anduran 2+8

The boiling blast fires all of them, and Raven and Sharon stop moving. Anduran and Sonny look in bad shape, but are still conscious with boiled reddish-pinked flesh!.

End Round 2------------------------------>

Initiative:
Arha 18+7 {-1}
Sonny 18+7 11/38
Valimar 14+4
Anduran 15+3 hp 4/49
Sharon 12+3 {-2/25}
Ramona 8+2
Raven 5+4 hp -3 /42
Tevrier 1+2

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-09, 06:09 PM
Raven

Raven mutters a 'thank you' to Thor, pleased that the beast got up off of him, but before he could take his revenge for that first ignominious assault, the pink dragon breath him into darkness.

[OOC: I suppose theoretically, he could be revived before his turn, but if not this is my post for this turn.]

androgial
2007-07-09, 06:27 PM
anduran

" have it your way then. BLACK ARROW"

anduran reaches into his quiver activating the hidden magic it contains and pulls out an arrow glowing with black energy, which he fires at the dragon.

BlueWizard
2007-07-09, 10:20 PM
Sonny missed an AoO when the dragon leapt away, before the breath damage!
{7+8} His fist glances off the tough scales of the dragon.

Toliudar
2007-07-09, 10:41 PM
Ramona

SO much death. Is this any life for Tev and me?

Sparing no more than a glance for her fallen new companions, Ramona fires another pair of arrows in the air at the dragonrider. She continues to slip around to the side, looking for a clear path for a charge should the dragon land again.

Two shots, attack and damage (1d20+10=29, 1d20+5=22, 1d8+7=9, 1d8+7=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1143904)

Critical threat on first arrow:
Critical confirmation (1d20+10=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1143908)
Crap - keep forgetting that you do the rolling: well, +10/+5 attack, 1d8+7 damage.

BlueWizard
2007-07-09, 11:33 PM
Retro: Forgot all important Illanee from the group. At the first alert from Tevriier ahe went to run for cover. She blends in with the shadows, and moves to the side getting out her bow for the second round. Her first arrow is dead on and causes the pink dragon some pain. Her second shatters on impact. She is about 20 feet from Sharon.

OOC- Oops, sorry. I calculated this difficult combat with her here, might as well use her.:smalleek:
OOC2- Round 3 will come when more have posted.

Severedevil
2007-07-09, 11:56 PM
Apologies for missing the second round; the heat wave is melting my brain. If Tevrier is allowed to retro, he would like to drink his potion of enlarge person (to improve his trip checks) and move into charge range of the dragon-rider pair, rather than shoot his ineffectual shortbow.

Tevrier

Tevrier shifts closer towards the massive dragon, hoping that fortune or determination can overcome size and power in this painfully one-sided battle. His second pair of bolas flicks into his hand and across the battlefield at the perilous pink pair, the dragon or its master.

A desperate idea flashes through Tevrier's mind, even as the metallic balls whiz across the misty battlefield. "Great and wise wyrm of the roseate scales!" he calls in the dragon's language, trying to make his empty hands appear as friendly as possible without leaving himself open. "Friends of the once-imprisoned dracling Henleng greet you!"

If he can drink the potion in round two, Tevrier moves 30' in and delivers a +6 ranged touch attack against the dragon, with a +15 Strength check to trip (+4 size, +1 extra from strength). If he can't, he instead gives a +8 ranged touch attack against the rider, with a +10 Strength check to trip. Either way, he is not prepared to make a formal diplomacy check at this time.

amanodel
2007-07-10, 01:19 AM
Sonny

To the hell with you, whore! - He shouts as the dragon's breath burn his flesh. After the flames are gone, he looks around, and sees two of his companions down on the ground, and the dragon up in the sky. With Raven boy down, noone can friggin' reach her there.

He reaches into the hidden pockets of his robe, and is about to pull out a handful of shurikens, when his hand reaches something else accidentally. The mirror of Freya. From a sudden thought, he pulls out the mirror, and shows it up to the Pink-armored woman. Freya is kind of a pink goddess, somehow it perhaps works.

Rebuke 'em, mirror! Or at least do something, darnit! - perhaps "darnit" is not a proper way to adress to Goddess of beauty, but Sonny's really not the kind of people who cares about such things in the heat of a battle.

Edit:

Meanwhile, Sonny moves towards the priest, standing between Redgar and the dragon, if possible, making sure he can heal the fallen people swiftly.

BlueWizard
2007-07-10, 02:36 AM
Another person of import that should've been included in the retro's is the priest of Thor, Redgar. In the first round he'd've buffed himself up, in the second he would've avoided much of the stream bath and caused the dragon some serious pain with his hammer. It will be in fact Redgar who will draw much of the dragon's attention next round. He will attempt to heal people next round, calling for some one to give him cover. He still has a lot of health, so the real concern are Raven and Sharon.

OOC- Round 3 coming soon.

wxdruid
2007-07-10, 07:19 AM
Arha is thoroughly ticked off now.

She casts Mind Poison on the Spectral Hand and sends it to the woman on the dragon.

The spectral hand gives, gives +2 bonus on melee touch attack roll, pg 282 of PHB

The Mind Poison-touch attack, deals 1d10 pts of WIS damage immediately and another 1d10 pts of WIS damage 1 min later. Each can be negated by a FORT save (DC 10+3+2=15), pg 141 of SC

Ruik
2007-07-10, 09:15 AM
((ooc - for reference was aiming at woman on dragon in round 2))

Valimar Kil'ana

Furious at the pain that is being inflicted on his friends, Valimar decides that it is time to separate the woman from her mount. He chants in his native tongue, his fingers are a blur, as he casts a spell to part her from her mount.

Casting 'Grease' on the womans saddle - the idea being it will be too slippery and she will fall off...

BlueWizard
2007-07-10, 09:22 PM
PC Retros:
Valimar actually aimed at the dragon-rider, however due to the nature of these dragon-riders, she gets the spell-resistance of the dragon as if it were carrying her.

Tevrier can be Enlarged, and save his arrow shots.

Round 3:
Arha's magic got by the spell resistance, however, the strong-minded dragon-rider shakes off the Mind Poison attack!

Sonny holds up the Mirror so only the dragon and the rider can see it. Something strange happens, as Sonny bears the face of the mirror at the enemy. Sparkles flash out toward the dragon-rider and get her attantion. Instinctively the dragon looks away, content to continue the fighting. The dragon-rider is almost dazed by the fairy sparkles that come from the Mirror of Freyja. She shudders, looks at Sonny oddly then calls out as if in resistance to some powerful magic, "Gaaaaaaaah! Nnnnooooo!"

Freya whispers in Sonny's head, "She will not be able to resist your charm for too much longer..." Freya almost sounds amused.

Redgar rushes to his good friend Raven, as the dragon has risen up above them all. He heals Raven with the most powerful spell he has, which is CCW. {Doh, low roll +20!} This causes the dragon to notice, but not the dragon-rider who is a little dazed by the show of Sonny's Artifact Mirror. Raven is back in action!

Spell resistance bedamned! Valimar decides coating the seat of the dragon-rider with Grease might work. Though it makes it more difficult for the rider-lady to sit properly and attack, she is well fastened to the specially made dragon-saddle. Valimar doesn't notice this, until he sees it foil his attempt to 'unseat' her.

Anduran will step away from the group around the dragon and fire an arrow. {OOC- I am unsure what this Black Arrow is, or what kind of attack it is. Please post your bonuses, I didn't see this on your sheet either. This can be retro'd.}

Illanee is a dead-shot this time, hurting the dragon with two precise shots to it's softer areas. This annoys the dragon, but only minorly hurts it.

Sharon is out.... she continues to bleed from open scalding wounds. {hp -3}

Ramona's first shot hit the dragon-rider in the chest, but fails to penetrate too deep beneath her armor. {d:9} The rider still seems minorly dazed by the mirror.

Raven is up, and can act! {OOC- This can be retro'd, so post both round's actions.}

With Tevrier now enlarged, he moves at the dragon standing almost as big as enlarged Sonny! The rider is well-protected by the dragon's wings, so his biggest target is the dragon itself. {4+6 touch!; str 8+15 fails} Tevrier using more guile and athleticism grapples the dragon and nearly pulls the Huge monster to its knees. The pink dragon hisses in a feminine but wicked tone! "These aren't the ones you want!" He seems to be looking at Tevrier and Sonny.

The dragon looks only to the easily identifiable priest! "This one dies first!" The huge dragon pounces on Redgar and rips him up pretty bad! They are near Raven, Sonny, and Tevrier, as well as dying Sharon.

Redgar looks to Raven, "Hold him off me if you can. I must keep you all up!"

The Mirror seems to be really distracting the rider, and she merely keeps looking at and away from the mirror, quite manically. You will realize she is staring agape at Sonny. Speechless.
{She misses her round 3 action.}

End Round 3----------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Arha 18+7 {d: -1}
Sonny 18+7 11/38
Redgar-NPC hurt bad
Valimar 14+4
Anduran 15+3 hp 4/49
Illanee- NPC
Sharon 12+3 {-3/25}
Ramona 8+2
Raven 5+4 hp 17 /42
Tevrier 1+2

OOC- For ease of my book-keeping, and I trust you guys,:smallsmile: you can make rolls for combat. Please use an online form or my Dice BlueWizard Dice thread from the OOTS site:

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-10, 09:50 PM
Raven

Raven comes out of the blackness to find himself staring his fellow Thorite Redgar in the face. "Thanks," is all he says before getting back to his feat and launching himself at the dragon.

Pleased mid-jump to find his sword in hand, he gives it a mighty swing. His sword arcs with arcane energy as he swings it. On his way down, he mutters a quick word and seems to flash blue briefly.

Leaping Power Attack w/Arcane Channelling of Shocking Grasp

[roll=Jump]1d20+35[roll]
[roll0]
[roll1] x 2 (valorous) = 86
[roll2] Electric Damage

AC = 17 (24 - Power Attack penalty shifted to AC via Shock Trooper)

End by quick casting Resist Energy (heat) as a swift action. (Resist 20 heat fo 70 mins.)

Given another chance, Raven again leaps at the dragon hoping to keep its attention away from his friends.

Leaping Power Attack w/Combat Brute goodness

[roll=Jump]1d20+35[roll]
[roll3]
[roll4] x 2 (valorous) = 106

AC = 17 (24 - Power Attack penalty shifted to AC via Shock Trooper)

androgial
2007-07-10, 10:35 PM
anduran

(the quiver if you recall was a once a year arrow of slaying production, thats the black arrow fired at +10/+5)

BlueWizard
2007-07-10, 10:47 PM
OOC- Anduran: Ah, yes! It is like Slay Living.

Retro actions:
Anduran's arrow turns black as he fires it, stepping away from the crowded group. {19+10 d:4} The arrow falls to unleash its death, but the inky darkness does cause some more pain. {d:10}

Raven leaps up and hacks the dragon not far above you all. He rips into its flesh badly, and will get the distraction that Redgar was hoping for. An electrical charge flows through the duskblade's sword and slashes a nasty gash in the pink scales of the dragon. It howls, as thick red blood streams down her side.

OOC- Raven will likely not be leaping to attack the dragon, since she is going to stay down to wreak a little physical damage on you guys!

amanodel
2007-07-11, 12:32 AM
Sonny

So this stuff works. Interesting. Sonny keeps holding up the mirror to continue dazing the dragonrider woman.

I'm only asking this once: Surrender!

Severedevil
2007-07-11, 02:02 AM
Tevrier

Tevrier snarls in irritation as the winged beast defies even his newly-enhanced state. Drawing his brutal adamantine scythe, the cloaked warrior charges the larger dragon and again tries to pull it down.

Touch attack 1d20+15=25, Strength check to trip 1d20+15=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1145955). On the unlikely chance this is successful, his followup attack is similarly average. Attack 1d20+15=26, damage 2d6+11=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1145957).

wxdruid
2007-07-11, 07:25 AM
Arha snarls in frustration and casts Vampiric Touch on the Spectral hand, she sends it to the woman on the dragon.

The spectral hand gives, gives +2 bonus on melee touch attack roll, pg 282 of PHB

Vampiric Touch-melee touch attack, deals 3d6 damage, gain temp hit points equal to damage you deal. pg 298 PHB

Ruik
2007-07-11, 07:55 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar pauses for an instant, his eyes narrowed at the failure of his magic to do any meaningful damage. Without taking his eyes off the scene in front of him, he begins to cast another spell - this one however, is aimed at his friend Raven...

Casting Haste (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/haste.htm) on Raven

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-11, 11:47 AM
Raven

Raven smiles as his sword bites dragonflesh, and he can feel the arcane energy pass down his arms, blade, and into the dragon. As he falls to the ground he feels bolstered by his heat resisting spell, and then, by another spell that makes him faster. Nice.

Prepared to make another mighty leap, Raven sees the dragon is close enough to strike. He brings his large blade around with surprising speed.

Full Attack (Hasted) w/Power Attack and Combat Brute

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

AC: 18 (24 - Power Attack 7 penalty shifted to AC +1 dodge bonus from haste)

BlueWizard
2007-07-11, 05:06 PM
{OOC- Please post your bonus, and I am allowing you to make online rolls now}

Round 4:
Arha's spectral attack misses! {2+8} She can still hold her vampiric touch spell for next round...

Sonny holds the mirror up with stronger intent, and more fey lights sparkle from the mirror toward the pink dragon-rider.The woman finally looks and stares at Sonny. She stops resisting and removes her draconic helmet, letting her red hair flow free. Her tanned face flushes red, as her green eyes shake with strange kindness. She looks with great confusion at Sonny. She no longer even sees the mirror, "Who are you?!?" She yells to the enlarged Sonny, she is quite surprised and not threatening him.

Redgar focuses his magic as he takes Sharon away from the scene of the combat. He puts a lot of healing into her bringing her up to full strength. They are about 15 feet away from the combat. The dragon is now looking at Raven in anger. {+31}

Some notice is taken of the drow, who casts the spell on Raven. "This one was there! I recognize that drow stench." {Haste on Raven.}

Anduran's next two shots can't seem to find the mark. {1+10 not fumble, 12+5}

Only one of Illanee's arrows hurt the dragon, causing it only a prick of pain.

Sharon is back up at full! {Retro action...} She is 15 feet from the dragon on the ground by Redgar.

Ramona's bow shot deflects off the dragon! {12+10, 7+5}

Only Raven's first attack cuts the scales of the dragon and it's howl can be heard a mile away. Its rage now focused fully on Raven.

Once again Tevrier's mighty scythe trip almost trips the huge dragon, but it seemed fully braced for the attack. {critical counter roll:smallannoyed: }

The dragon tears into Raven with its claws {-25 total!}, as this drops the duskblade it decides to snap its head with its long neck at Sonny and the weird magical mirror. The dragon only now realizes the effect the mirror has on the rider, for the only action that the dragon-lady does is save Sonny from certain death. She pulls the dragon's neck and Sonny can feel it would've bit his head off! {OOC- I rolled without her action... it would have!}
The tail was reaching for Tevrier, but is distracted by the rider's interference, and almost slashes a gash in him.

"What are you doing?" The rider screams.

The dragon rears back and looks utterly confused and even more angry.

"Don't touch that one!" She points at Sonny.

"He was there!" The pink dragon sighes and rolls her eyes. "You foolish human girl! I'm getting you out of here! That big one has charmed you!"

"Silence!"

End Round 4--------------------------------------------------->
Attacks can be made, but the pink dragon will try to get her rider away from here next round.

Initiatives:
Sonny 18+7 11/38
Redgar-NPC hurt bad
Valimar 14+4
Anduran 15+3 hp 4/49
Illanee- NPC
Sharon 12+3 full health
Ramona 8+2
Raven 5+4 hp -8 /42- down
Tevrier 1+2

androgial
2007-07-11, 06:32 PM
Anduran

Anduran changes out his weapons going from ranged to mellee.

"you know it is customary when exacting revenge to identify yourself and the one being avenged. just because some one was somewhere where the death occured doesnt mean they actually caused the death, but if you dont stop ill be forced to continue to attack with my more pwerful attacks."

Toliudar
2007-07-11, 11:36 PM
Ramona

The big woman grunts as she draws back the sturdy bow. Seeing the squabble between dragon and rider, she switches targets, and tries to pierce the dragon's thick hide.

Bow - two attacks and damage (1d20+10=21, 1d20+5=23, 1d8+7=9, 1d8+7=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147478)

Severedevil
2007-07-12, 12:49 AM
Tevrier

Tevrier hisses apprehensively as the dragon keeps its footing and mauls the large-but-vulnerable duskblade once again, nearly bowling him over as well. But he catches the conflict between his foes, and a feral grin creeps across his features. Taking one oversized stride forward, Tevrier stands eye-to-eye with the pink behomoth and fixes on it a wild glare. "Don't fly," he whispers menacingly in the dragon tongue, "Or she dies!"

Lashing out powerfully but precisely with his scythe, he hooks the wicked blade behind the dragon's steady knees and tries once more to bring it down. Once more Tevrier strikes, this time with an uncontrolled brutality that could topple a wild elephant - if it can make contact at all.

"Jump to him, lass!" he calls to the rider, trying to play on the discord Sonny's trick has sewn between the two pink partners. "I'll help you down!"

First attack: Touch attack 1d20+13=29, Strength Check 1d20+15=28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147519) to drop the dragon, if successful he follows with an attack versus prone 1d20+13=19, for 2d6+11=19 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147525).

If his first attack fails to pull down the dragon, he will try again with his second attack. Touch attack 1d20+8=11, Strength check 1d20+15=35. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147528) A success allows him a free followup attack against the prone dragon: attack 1d20+8=21, damage 2d6+11=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147540). If the dragon was already downed by his first trip attempt, he instead performs the same trip attack against the rider, but does not take the followup attack against prone - he merely jerks her from her saddle, hoping his words will keep her from interpreting it as an attack.

Tevrier is poised to take an attack of opportunity against the dragon if it flees, since his reach is 10' with the size enhancement and he's standing next to it. If it tries to flee, he will try to make sure the dragon cannot take the rider with her. Touch attack 1d20+13=30, Strength check 1d20+15=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147535) to pull the rider from her mount. If the beast was tripped earlier and tries to stand, he takes the same attack of opportunity to try to trip the dragon up again. (It will almost certainly fail in this circumstance, of course.)

BlueWizard
2007-07-12, 03:25 AM
Retro: Sharon's DM action. She will cast magic missile at the rider. Her spell will fizzle in the SR of the dragon.

Round 5:
With the pink dragon-rider distracted, she is still not defenseless. She just dodges the touch of Arha's spectral hand! {3+8}

Sonny, holding the mirror strong steps back a bit more so the dragon can't easily break it. Remember: It is a fragile artifact. The girl's glowing red eyes fade, and show the pink color they really are. The girl looks at Sonny, "Which one killed my father... Lord Devos!" She seems fierce as she holds her helmet in her hands. The dragon snarls and can't believe she is talking.

Redgar moves to Raven and heals him up again. "My friend stay back let me get you to full strength!" Redgar tries to hold Raven down wanting him to withdraw with him. Another powerful healing spell seems to have a lesser affect on Raven. {+21} He will say, "Take the potion from my pouch!" {It is a CCW}

Valimar aims his wand of missiles at the rider again, but again fails to get through her spell resistance.

Anduran sets himself for some melee action.

Illanee, the drow, takes two bad shots with her bow, one almost hitting Tevrier.

Sharon scores a hit this time with her missiles and pelts the rider with 4! {d:15} "Ooof!" She is pained, "You I will enjoy killing! Wicked criminal!"

Ramona's second shot hurts the dragon! {d:9} But, it still looks like a minor prick.

Raven will have to gather himself, and likely pick-up his weapon again. He should take the potion. {+22} He will look much better.

The pink dragon snarl and ignores Tevrier. The rider however, looks to Tevrier briefly, completely confused, "Who are you?" She quickly looks back to Sonny, clearly out of it. Tevrier then swings his mighty Scythe, and once again fails to topple the huge beast. It stands its ground strong. The second equally as unsuccessful.

The dragon jumps to leave, whacking the priest in the head with his tail on its exit. Redgar is decapitated! His head flies off and blood spatters over Raven and the body falls on him. The dragon is 120 feet up and heading out. Tevrier's AoO failed, Sonny held a mirror, and Raven was kind of interfered with by Redgar.

End Round 5---------------------------->
{The dragon is retreating about 120 feet above you. Combat is still going on, and the priest Redgar has been decapitated.}

Initiatives:
Sonny 18+7 11/38
Redgar-NPC Slain by Pink dragon
Valimar 14+4
Anduran 15+3 hp 4/49
Illanee- NPC
Sharon 12+3 full health
Ramona 8+2
Raven 5+4 hp 35/42- back up
Tevrier 1+2
Pink Dragon/ Dragonrider Lady Fleeing 120 feet up

wxdruid
2007-07-12, 04:31 AM
Arha's spectral hand has a range of 160 ft so the dragon and rider are still within her range, she will keep on trying.

Ruik
2007-07-12, 06:58 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar watches in helpless anger as the brave dwarf meets his end. Knowing his spells have proved useless so far against the Dragon, he holds his peace and does cast anything at rider or Dragon.

If it lands again, Valimar will cast grease under its front legs to try and help. If not, the next time its getting fairly close, he'll attack with his hand crossbow at +5.

androgial
2007-07-12, 07:27 AM
anduran

"concentrate on the dragon the lady was under a charm before it was some how broken. maybe the dragon also is under a charm but im not ruling out the dragon is the one doing the charming."

anduran continues to watch for the return of the dragon

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-12, 12:11 PM
Sharon sits up dazedly after being healed, not reacting before the dragon starts to fly away. "A pink dragon?" she murmurs, watching the beast fly away.

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-12, 01:04 PM
Raven

Returned yet again from darkness to light to see the face of Redgar, one of his brethren, Raven is horrified to see the man explode in a shower of gore before his very eyes.

The typically battle-calm Raven displays a rage even Illanee has never seen before. As his mouth twists into a fearsome grimace, his whole face seems to darken.

"I killed that weakling Devos! Beheaded him like the criminal he was!" he hollers, "And took the Hammer of Thor right from his unworthy hand!"

Thor, how he wished he had the Hammer now so that he could take the fight to them. Instead he blinks out of sight, and yells at the woman, "You're going to have to come down here and find me!"

With that he runs off at a ninety degree angle, gripping his sword and looking over his shoulder at the pink pair.

You hear me you pink witch, you're going to have to come down here.

Activate Ring of Invisibility
Move 60'
Raven did kill Devos, so it's not a bluff or anything.

BlueWizard
2007-07-12, 05:13 PM
OOC- Redgar and all the priests of Asgard were human in the cities of Zhe, except Lukan and the dwarven priests from the North.

OOC2- Almost all arrows fired this combat are lost in the fog.

Round 6:
Arha's spectral hand finally grasps the woman on the dragon, unfortunately the mighty spell resistance of the dragon is too much for the vampiric touch and it fizzles!

Sonny begins to feel odd, as if the Mirror now controlled him. He holds the mirror strong and looks at the attractive retreating dragon-rider lady with red hair.

Valimar holds, getting his crossbow ready.

Anduran sees the dragon pulling farther and farther away into the air.

Illanee has no trouble at least winging the dragon with one arrow, the fog is making it difficult for you to see the dragon as it gets higher into the sky.

Sharon watches from her safe, sheltered position as the dragon jets off into the sky.

Ramona can try two more shots, but will fail, and nearly snaps her bow string as she tries to fire two mighty shots at the pink dragon as it flies away.

Raven gets the girl's undivided attention, her pink eyes flare red as she speaks to Raven. She even considers unfastening the dragon-saddle's buckle from her waist. "I am Providence....I will... I will kill you!" She is at first ferocious, looking carefully at Raven, then turns to Sonny again, "I am Providence...." her eyes stop glowing, she blushes again, with a supreme look of utter confusion and contempt.

The dragon snarls, "Yes, now lets start acting like it!"

By the time Tevrier pulls out his bow, the dragon will now be 200 feet up, as it jets out into the fog, and out of sight, not even the shadowy shape of it can be seen. The thunder of the waterfall is still heard.

End Combat------------------------------------------------->

Arha and Sharon will notice a difference in Sonny's appearance after the fight. He is visibly more attractive as if his whole demeanor took on the air of a big meaty rock star... who stood about 13 feet tall right now! {Chr +6 while he holds the mirror now. Moving him from the scary negatives!}
Freya will be laughing at Sonny silently in the Mirror, and rolling with her fairies and butterflies in the forest glade.

{It is unlikely, that you can stop the escape of the dragon. It is still a retreat, which equals XP... and possibly a return encounter. I will take retro's if you can convince me.:smallbiggrin: }

wxdruid
2007-07-12, 05:15 PM
Arha frowns at the retreating dragon and rider. She goes over to Sharon, "You feeling all right?"

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-12, 06:06 PM
Raven

Raven is still overcome with anger, unwilling to simply allow the retreat of the pink terrors. The normally stoic Raven is nearly shaking with anger. As the dragon retreats, he points an accusing finger at them. "You will die for this! You will beg for your life like your father did!"

At that moment, an orb of red-hot rock fires out of his finger, crackling with red lines of arcane energy.

Cast Kelgore's Firebolt
Deals 5d6 Ref. Save for 1/2
Deals 1d6 even if it fails to overcome SR due to the impact of the rock.
Caster Level Check to beat SR [roll0]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-12, 06:42 PM
Sharon looks at Arha, and climbs to her feet. "I think so yes. Just-- I don't recall ever hearing of such a thing as a pink dragon."

androgial
2007-07-12, 07:55 PM
Anduran

Anduran switches back to ranged fight mode as the dragon flees and surveys the condition of the party.

"rest well mighty preist may the vlakeries claim you this day. anyone notice the changes in her eyes when sonny pulled out the mirror and know what condition causes such a glow?"

amanodel
2007-07-13, 02:01 AM
Sonny

Thanks for the visit, miss Providence, next time please leave your gay mount at home! It's breath stinks badly. I'll be waiting for you! - Sonny shouts after the pink duo.

He realizes he's still holding the mirror up, and he tries to lower it, if he can fight the power of the artifact.

Ruik
2007-07-13, 05:05 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar stands as still as a statue as he watches the retreating dragon and its rider. right hand is gripping the handle of his cross bow so tightly you can see his veins pulsing under his skin. Finally he lets out a sigh and goes over to the fallen dwarfs head, and takes it back to his body. Falling to one knee, he surveys the ruin of their Dwarven companions body.

"I swear to you my friend, though it may take some time, one day they will pay for this."

Toliudar
2007-07-13, 10:22 AM
Ramona

The big woman lumbers towards the rest of the group, including the now-very-big Tevrier. She raises an eyebrow, and can't help but smile, even in the midst of the devastation.

In the moment of loss by her new companions, she stays respectfully silent, nodding only to those who meet her gaze. She continues to scan the fog, uncertain of the dragon's true intent.

Standing watch while the others deal with injuries etc.

wxdruid
2007-07-13, 10:45 AM
"No, and I never want to see another one. Pink is not a normal color for a dragon."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-13, 12:40 PM
Sharon frowns, racking her brain to see if she can recall ever hearing of such a beast before.

(OOC. Knowledge: Arcana +7)

BlueWizard
2007-07-13, 06:10 PM
OOC- See last post. Redgar and most of Agardian priests are human.

The Pink Dragon gets away!
Raven can hear the thud of the rock against the dragonscales, {d:2} but he can tell the full magical effect was ignored, as the beast speeds away, taking the rider with her.

Sharon ponders her arcane knowledge for a bit, there are rumors that normal dragons can be cross-bred to make other colors. This would likely be a combination of a red and white, though there have also been black with blue stripes and even an odd spotted one. The magical breeding of these dragons is a complex twist of magical Nature.

As to the glowing red eyes of the pink dragon-rider, Providence, devil's have been known to cause that, so demons as well, usually people possessed or in the power of great evil.

With other shouts going up, the dragon still disappears into the mist, also under the cover of the thunder of the nearby waterfall.

Ramona can't see much in the fog.

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-13, 07:10 PM
Raven

Raven stares into the sky, at the spot where he last saw the dragon and rider, for several moments. Then he plants his blade in the ground angrily.

He stepped forward and pulled me back from the blackness. He gave his life to save me.

Returning to Redgar's remains, some of which are on or under him, Raven addresses the man reverentially.

"Is vengence the way of Thor? If so, I would swear it for you brother. But I have not progressed far enough in my studies to know. I had hoped to learn more from you along the way."

Raven collects up Redgar's possessions and places Redgar's holy symbol about his own neck. He would return what he could to Redgar's family or to their temple. That done, he produces a small spade from his pack and looks about for a suitable spot on the mountain to build a cairn. His face is wet.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-13, 10:02 PM
Sharon, as she has so many times before, takes some of the flesh of the fallen comrade and wraps it up carefully, labeling the cloth with his name.

wxdruid
2007-07-14, 07:25 AM
Arha keeps watch while the others work. She recalls her spectral hand and ends the spell.

amanodel
2007-07-14, 08:01 AM
Sonny

The enlagrement spell and the adrenaline rush gone, he begins to feel the damage the dragon's breath caused to him. His flesh burned badly, and didn't received any healings so far.

He reaches into his pockets, pulling out a wand of cure light wounds, And heals himself, and any other who might require.

Luckily this fine silk robe didn't burn. - he thinks, looking at his own burnt wounds and his companions who suffered from the dragon's breath.

She'll come back.

Toliudar
2007-07-15, 10:55 AM
Ramona

Snorting at Arha's comment about pink dragons, Ramona shrugs and releases the tension on her bow.

Well, we seen white dragons breathe frost, an red dragons breathe fire. I figger a pink dragon what breathes steam seems about natural enough.

Nasty, though. Maybe we oughta get a move on soon, fore it gets that lady - Providence - straightened out. What'd you do ta her, anyway, Sonny?

amanodel
2007-07-15, 11:21 AM
Sonny

I did nothing, really. Perhaps she reckognized me from somewhere. His father worked with my boss sometimes, and I was there when Raven boy decapitated the man. But I'm fairly sure that this mirror did that confusion to her. - he gestures towards the mirror in his hand. - It does funny things every now and then.

Steam dragon, you say? What could we use to defeat steam? These wounds ache badly, I'd rather not feel it again.

Severedevil
2007-07-16, 01:08 AM
Tevrier

Tevrier wrings his scythe in irritation and disgust at his failure to halt Providence's escape. You're not strong enough, little false-gnoll. Did you really think a potion would change that? Gathering up his fallen bolas and tucking away his weapons, the uninjured and oversized ranger continues to berate himself. Now there's needless killing again, because you're too weak and ineffectual to stop it. Scowling, Tevrier stalks back to the rest of the group. He blinks at the sight of Ramona, now teeny-looking from his unnatural height, and returns the smile out of reflex. Perhaps that failure wasn't too ruinous...

Tevrier shakes his head at the foolish optimism, eyeing the priest's mauled carcass as he shrinks down to his natural six feet. You've lost an ally already, for nothing. That is ruinous. Now don't waste the ones that remain.

Noting his allies' wounds and the new absence of a cleric for the strike force, Tevrier looks to Anduran and Sonny. "I can heal those steam wounds," he offers flatly, indicating the burns, "and any others you may've aquired. It'll ache rather badly and take several days, but it's more than your body can do on its own." The shorter ranger seems oblivious to the restorative powers of Sonny's wand.

Tevrier nods his agreement to Ramona. "The Blazmak temple waits for no one. And with proper support that rather... queer dragon could be back at full strength before the day is out. We can't be here." He frowns, detecting an oddity in the events. "How did she find us in this fog?"

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-16, 10:49 AM
Sharon shrugs at the question. "Keen sense of smell, perhaps?"

BlueWizard
2007-07-16, 07:52 PM
Inside Redgar backpack, is a dark sack, labeled property of the church of Thor. Inside it are several potions that were given to him for this mission. His hammer is also magical, other than that he has normal equipment, and breast plate armor. There is a brief delay as Raven prepares the funeral pile for Redgar. As the time passes the fog will slowly dissipate and reveal an impressive view of the valley behind you. The black river snakes below you, and disappears into lower hills. The crest of this hill is not far, and the ranger's can scout it out quickly to report that the Black Lake is not far, and there seems to be nothing else noticeable in the way...
Though it would be smart to be wary.:smallbiggrin:

Arha and Sharon will begin to detect an eerie an naturalness tot he fog, as if it were arcane in origin.

The Black Lake is close!

wxdruid
2007-07-16, 11:41 PM
Arha stays close to Sharon, "I really don't like this fog."

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-17, 12:08 AM
Raven

Raven nods in agreement. He didn't like the fog at all. It seemed...wrong. His blade bared, he moved on, his mind on the fallen Redgar.

Arcane fog?
[roll0]
[roll1]

amanodel
2007-07-17, 01:18 AM
Sonny

Grmph. Arcane fog is really something we need right now. And possibly some arcane thunderstorm. Next time better be careful. With no priest around, we should avoid that dragon.

As sonny put the mirror away, he again seems the angry, grumbling man he was.

Toliudar
2007-07-17, 08:45 AM
Ramona

As Tevrier shrinks back to his wonderful, real dimensions, Ramona nods.
She leans in close with him to murmur:

Not allus the little gnoll, eh, Tev! That was bravely done, chargin' 'im. I'm...glad yer okay.

At Redger's pyre, she is silent, not knowing how to honour the fallen dwarf.

As the group gets underway, she again takes up rearguard, her bow in hand.

Ruik
2007-07-18, 08:43 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar is quiet as they farewell their human companion. As they turn to leave, he pauses by his pyer and speaks softly. "Farewell, friend, I have a feeling you are going to be sorely missed before this affair is concluded."

He then returns to his place in the marching order, a grim expression on his face, amber eyes narrowed in anger as he thinks about the cowardly girl who brought about Redgar's untimely demise.

BlueWizard
2007-07-18, 06:20 PM
OOC- :smallsigh: .........should be fallen human. Redgar was a human priest of Thor.:smallconfused:

The top of the waterfall:
Raven has some knowledge of dragons, and believes that this fog was probably created by the dragon, although it is amplified over a great area. The area must have strong properties that aid it... as he knows powerful forces have been aiding you all, probably for a reason. When the top of the waterfall is reached, and the valley below is just some mist filled hills, there will be no more fog surrounding you.

As Anduran takes the lead with Raven you emerge into higher hills. There are still trees here, but none are old, and they are evenly planted as if someone put them in rough rows over a hundred years ago. They line the valley that surrounds this part of the river, that dumps over the cliff, funneling the water down to the lower hills. Up in the distance, dark trees seem to crowd over the river at a fast moving narrow point, and Anduran and Tevrier both know that the lake is right up ahead. This area could almost be called short mountains..., but are actually high hills.

The river is still lined with the slick black rock, but not as many silvery fish can be seen. The rocks that can be seen exposed are of the same glassy black rock that lines the river itself.

Ruik
2007-07-19, 07:16 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar will stop for a short while to inspect the black rock lining the river bed when ever a break is called. Taking in the scenery he remarks to no one in particular. "If our mission was not so dire, and we had not just lost one of our companions, I would say that this is a very peaceful place. I could quite happily spend time simply exploring this area."

With one last glance around, he shakes himself out of it and joins the rest of the group heading towards the lake.

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-19, 09:17 AM
Raven

Raven joins Valimar in inspecting the black rock during one of their rest breaks. "Agreed," he offers, "it is an interesting place. Perhaps we will return to it one day."

It seemed unlikely. Raven had done very little returning to anywhere during his travels; it was always onward and off to somewhere else. He suddenly had a flash of worry that even if he survived he would not see Father Ryu or his friends again. Shrugging it off, Raven prepares to move onward.

amanodel
2007-07-19, 10:07 PM
Sonny

As no black rocks or silver fishes are in the interest of the thug, he keeps on walking forwards. He stares towards the woods, as if he was awaiting another ambush set up for the group.

wxdruid
2007-07-20, 05:39 AM
Arha stays close to Sharon, keeping an eye out for anything unusual...(and pink)

androgial
2007-07-20, 09:54 AM
anduran

anduran seems more anxious than ever. the stillness of the area seems to disturb him more as time passes. looking around with a frown he turns back to the rear of the party."tevier?" its a one word question, long term companions and fellow rangers or druids understand explicitly, somethings not right here do you sense it, lets find out what and where.

BlueWizard
2007-07-20, 08:23 PM
A couple of more hours of travel in the high valley, along the Black River will take you to your destination. The Black Lake!

Nestled in some steep hills is a lake that looks black, it feeds the big Black river. Near where the lake dumps into the Black River there is an old rickety dock that is mostly charred and destroyed. The hills around the lake are steep, but climbable, it will still take a little more time to walk around it.

At one time this dock probably had a boatman, who would take you to the other side. His home is also a little shack now burnt to the ground. Now it was likely not going to happen.....

The dark temple could be seen on the far side of the lake. At least, what remained of it. It was now in ruins, and toppled and destroyed. It was made of the black rocks that these hills are made of.

Everything around the lake and temple in this high valley seems peaceful and serene. There are wild deer and even a few smaller mammals roaming about, scurrying away from the humans. The temple looks pathetic and dead, and there seems to be no activity at all... as if it has been empty for several years. It almost seems too peaceful and quiet here. There appears to be the remains of a dock on the far side as well, but only the charred dock pillars jutting out of the lake can be seen.

Severedevil
2007-07-22, 07:14 AM
Tevrier

Although wary of potential attack, the unnatural quiet does not put Tevrier on edge, and he shrugs at Anduran's fears. "It's always been dead like this - the animals sense the corruption." The second ranger looks out over the water with a slight frown. "That's why my people avoid this place."

Tevrier glances over the burned-out lakeside buildings dispassionately. "I wouldn't chance a boat across these waters." he cautions, looking to Ramona for confirmation. "We should take the longway around."

Ruik
2007-07-22, 07:17 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar takes a long look at Tevrier before giving a weary smile and nodding his head in agreement. "I am getting a little tired of surprises, and it seems to me that getting caught in the middle of that lake by something unpleasant would be far to great an opportunity for fate to pass up."

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-22, 09:39 AM
Raven

"Makes sense to me. Let's move on, then." Raven offers re-seating his pack on a shoulder and spinning his big blade in one hand.

amanodel
2007-07-23, 07:51 AM
Sonny

The large thug, too, nods in agreement. Let's get moving, then. We should find a secure place to spend the night, too. Probably some den, or any other place where a large, pink dragon won't fit in.

Toliudar
2007-07-25, 12:13 AM
Ramona

The big half-orc nods at Tevrier's assessment.

Yup. Specially since there's no good place to land onna other side. I'm in no special hurry ta get there. Walking round's fine with me.

BlueWizard
2007-07-25, 09:14 PM
The walk around the lake in the rough terrain takes a few hours, and more than once a large creature could be seen nearly breaking the water's surface before submerging deep into the lake. The skin of it was pale, and not your ordinary white catfish, which sometime get rather large. Even Anduran and Tevrier wouldn't know what this was, and might have to turn to an arcane specialist, if they ever got a full glimpse. Nothing more than a bit of whiteness could be seen, the dark water not a good hiding place, but it didn't seem to mind, and from the looks of it, might be able to swallow a human whole.

It will be late afternoon when the far side of the lake is reached. There are places that were good enough to set-up camp, but Tevrier wasn't sure of any caves. And Anduran doesn't know the land here as well as Tevreir, since Tevrier was literally born in these lands. Even Ramona who grew up to the West of here, in the lower lands, would not have seen this region, though her people would have talked about it in hushed tones, to avoid it.

Any cave that might've been found has been filled with stone. Arha, Raven, Valimar, and Sharon will confirm the magical qualities of the created stone. Whether good or bad, could not be determined.

The ruins of the old temple are mere rubble, and it looks as if there is no entrances, but it was built into the rockface, and some digging around might have to occur.

amanodel
2007-07-26, 12:55 AM
Sonny

So some wizard guy doesn't want us to sleep in a secure place? Bleh.

The thug shrugs and leaves the site of the caves, heading towards the temple.

My guts tell me that there has to be some nasty tunnels under the ruins. Better not find 'em unrested.

He will look for any sleeping place with at least moderate protection, and if they decide to rest, he will take first watch.

Ruik
2007-07-26, 08:35 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar muses over a small piece of the rock before pocketing it and turning back to face Sonny, a weary smile creasing his ebony face. "I'm having difficulty remembering the last time we slept somewhere truly safe."

He is happy to follow Sonny when the rest of the group moves to leave, falling into his accustomed place in the marching order, his thoughts drifting to those comrades he has lost during his recent travels. I wonder how many will live to see this through...

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-26, 10:37 AM
Sharon

"Look, let's just pick somewhere and get some sleep. We'll think more clearly in the morning."

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-26, 10:38 AM
Raven

Raven nods as Valimar mentions sleeping somewhere safe. He remembers the last time. It was his last night in the temple, before the got teleported and timeshifted to this part of the world. His brothers at the temple game him a heroic send-off with many mugs raised in his honor, and he and Illanee had enjoyed a nice last evening in their own bed.

Raven shrugs. They were here now, with a job to do. He remains wary and watchful as others scout for a place to rest.

Toliudar
2007-07-26, 05:21 PM
Ramona

Ramona's face is expressionless as she adds her grunt of agreement to Sharon's words. She adds her own humble wilderness skills to the two huntsmen as they seek out a camp, and then busies herself with the mundane tasks of spending a night in the hills.

androgial
2007-07-26, 06:37 PM
anduran

"ive got second watch"

rather than eat anduran imediately bunks down he will eat at the start of his watch instead.

[roll0]

[roll1]

BlueWizard
2007-07-26, 08:46 PM
Anduran and Tevrier with Ramona's familiarity with the lands, will all find an safe-seeming nook in the forests of these high hills. From the spot the ruined temple can't be seen unless you go to the lip of the ridge that protects you, and is ideal for the night-watch. The far side of thelake is seen easily as it sprawls out in the distance.

Night falls quickly as dinner is prepared, and watches are set.

Illanee will volunteer for a dark time, since she has dark vision, of course.

amanodel
2007-07-27, 04:09 AM
Sonny

During his night watch, when he's certainly sure that there are no looming dangers ahead, Sonny reaches into his mysterious robes, and pulls out the mirror of Freya.

He does not adress the artifact, only stares at it, trying to figure out what happened when the mirror tried to possess him. He stares at the mirror, concentrating to avoid any charming attempts the mirror should try, and waits if it happens again or not.

BlueWizard
2007-07-28, 04:57 AM
Whew!

The night is peaceful, and morning seems calm here on the lake. Except for the strange lake creatures, who are active in their morning breakfast. Several large silver salmon leap into the air to avoid what ever lurks right at the surface, still not to be seen. There are at least 5 of them!

{OOC- Just get a night watch list to me, and we'll use it as the standard for future rests. Get an dungeon order too,{in case you need it:smallamused: } unless we should keep the same wilderness marching order. Meat on either end always makes the magic-users feel safe.:smallbiggrin: }

Severedevil
2007-07-29, 12:39 AM
Tevrier

Tevrier will expect three two-person watches this close to the temple, and will take first watch. During this uneventful period, the ranger will practice flicking thrown weapons from his belt to his hand as he ponders his new associates' strengths, readying himself to apply both arms and allies quickly and efficiently.
The party may only be able to scrounge five sentries while allowing all casters to sleep the night, in which case Tevrier will prefer that he, Ramona, or Anduran take the lone watch.

Suggested Watch List:
First Watch: Tevrier
Second Watch: Ilanee, Anduran
Third Watch: Sonny, Ramona.

If there is a sixth partymember available for watches, that upstanding citizen can either join Tevrier in the first watch or - as Tevrier would prefer - free up Ramona for the first watch.
In the morning, Tevrier approaches Raven quietly. "You were the only one who could really harm that dragon." he notes without preamble. "We'll need that power today, but we can't know whether to put it ahead, or behind. So I think you should march in the middle."
Recommended Marching Order:
Ramona, Tevrier/Anduran
Valimar, Ilanee
Raven
Sharon, Ahra
Sonny, Anduran/Tevrier

amanodel
2007-07-29, 04:06 AM
Sonny

Sonny accepts Tevrier's suggestions, both about marching order and the night watch. The ranger knows the way of adventuring in the wilderness much better than himself. During the night watch, he barely talks to Ramona, he's occupied with his thoughts mostly.

But no matter where Raven will, I think after tomorrow's events, the dragon chick will attack him first. - he adds his thoughts to the marching order.

Ruik
2007-07-29, 04:29 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Feeling slightly bad at having a full nights sleep, Valimar nevertheless understands the necessity of it and so wakes in the morning refreshed and ready to see what awaits them at the lake.

In response to Sonny's words, he gives the muscle bound Raven a thoughtful look before speaking. "You are probably right, however I do not see how we can avoid that wherever Raven marches, and the reasoning for him being there is sound."

OOC - i'm happy with that order

wxdruid
2007-07-29, 08:27 AM
Arha

Wakes up refreshed and ready to go, just wanting to get it all over with.

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-29, 09:35 AM
Raven

Raven nods at Tevrier's suggestion. He didn't much like being hemmed in, even by his allies, but Tevrier was right. Except for above, they didn't really know where the next strike would come from. And it's not just her and that pink beast, we'll have to deal with, I suspect.

"That sounds fine," he smiles at the man, glad someone was thinking these things through so he didn't have to, "my strength will be ready when needed."

With that he settles down for a quiet moment of meditation and prayer. When he is done, he grabs his blade and takes up his position in the marching order. At least from this spot, I've a nice view.

BlueWizard
2007-07-29, 07:24 PM
The morning path to the ruin is uneventful, though many deer are seen bounding around. Strange deer though that are striped black, and have three antlers. One is a large crown in front on the bull males.

Illanee will give Raven a playful smile as he follows behind her.

As you come down the hill into what was the temple's lakeside spot, you can all see that a long time ago, perhaps a thousand years old, this was the site of a small village. A stone dock was built, whcih is in ruins and a wooden dock is on top of that... this dock is heavily damaged, but not charred up, like the far-side of the lake. The village is all grown over, completely razed, but was also built of stone, the black stone of course, as was the ancient docks. The land has merely been a clearing for the more recent ruined black stone temple, with a burnt stables outside. {it appears, it too is only rubble, and twisted metel.} There are several layers of archeology here!

The temple face, whatever it looked like cannot be discerned, it is in complete ruin. It was built into the hillside's rockface, you can tell only the exterior is destroyed, and the rubble has been crammed down into it's enterances. From here it looks like some time might pass before you get into the old temple from here.

androgial
2007-07-29, 09:24 PM
anduran

once more anduran casts pass without a trace on the party as they continue from the morning path on towards the cave in question and the artifact they seek to rescue and store away in a safe area.

amanodel
2007-07-30, 01:22 AM
Sonny

Now we're digging like some goddamn kobold. - Sonny grunts, but nevertheless he starts to clear the entrance of the ruined temple, carrying the fallen rocks away.

It would be good to have at least a single person who knows anything about this temple. Redgar or Lukan would came handy now... If there's a rear entrance which would require considerably less 'stonework' I'd say we should try that.

Until anyone says so, he continues to free the entrance, cursing heavily about lead-heavy black stones and the possible romantic contact between a diggin' kobold and a pink worm. So, just the usual.

BlueWizard
2007-07-30, 01:52 AM
Sonny begins the arduous task of clearing out a passage into the temple.

{OOC- Unless you specifically say, you won't be lifting the extremely large rocks.}

amanodel
2007-07-30, 02:19 AM
Sonny indeed prefers to move smaller rocks, leaving the larger boulders to Raven, and will use his enlarging wand on the warrior if there are some large rocks that must be moved but won't be possible otherwise.

Hey, Raven boy! We need some muscle over here!

wxdruid
2007-07-30, 05:32 AM
Arha sits back and watches them work, (she has rather wimpy strenth). She'll chat with Sharon if she's interested.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-30, 10:59 AM
Sharon (with her 14 str and farm upbringing) will lend a hand to clearing the rock away, quite cheerfully carrying on a conversation with Arha while she helps.

Toliudar
2007-07-30, 01:39 PM
Ramona

Eager to help - and to get this over with, Ramona lends her not-insignifant muscles to the effort to clear the passage.

Back down into the dark again. Well, can't be helped.

Strength is 21 - Ramona can help Sonny and Raven with the big ones. :smallsmile:

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-30, 01:46 PM
Raven

Raven does his part to help clear stones. He considers using his magic to make the task a bit easier but decides against it. Moving rock was good, honest, not bloody work. He rather enjoyed it.

BlueWizard
2007-07-30, 02:49 PM
The day will be long and hard, and the sun will draw low in the sky by the time you have made a serious dent in the rubble. All the bits, were carryable by a strong human, but some were quite tedious.

There is so much rubble it might take until nightfall until you can get people into the back area. It is packed thick with black, broken rocks.

Illanee decides to keep an eye out, letting the others do the work, she was raised a noble-girl among the drow after all... She is mostly nervous about the strange lake creatures lurking just beneath the water's surface. They seemed to have increased their presence once the digging began. As if they were curiously watching you from beneath the water. They only seem to be 100 feet away now, but still it was hard to tell what the huge creatures were.

Toliudar
2007-07-30, 04:25 PM
Ramona

Sweat has plastered Ramona's hair to her skull by the time she lifts a large boulder clear of the passage and outside. Glancing nervously at the water - and the shapes within - she sets down the rock with as little clatter as possible, and gestures to Tevrier.

Hey, Tev. Any idea what them shapes in the waters are? They got such things round here when you was a kid?

amanodel
2007-07-31, 12:53 AM
Sonny

Seeing the big fish-creatures under the water sonny adds his own question to Ramona's.

And are they edible? Playing with these rocks made me darn hungry.

Some of you might not tell him from his voice, but it was meant to be a joke, since Sonny doesn't thinks the best course of action now would be to engage in an underwater battle with such large beasts.

androgial
2007-07-31, 02:13 PM
anduran

anduran notes sonny's jest but still slips away from the heavy labor. he returns later with the fruits of his other labor instead as he apparently went hunting.(gathering firewood, a deer,and medicinal herbs from the forest hopefully)

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

regardless of what he brings back he starts a fire(taking 10 for 21)

BlueWizard
2007-07-31, 02:27 PM
The sun is dropping over the horizon when the group begins to feel a slight air flow beyond the piles of rock, indicating a passage of sorts.

Between the dock and temple, a huge pile of rock has formed.

And as the last bit of rock is removed, the group is not surprised {Listen checks all around!} There is a rumble of stones as sickly black tentacles burst forth from the remaining rubble in the entrance surrounding Raven and Sonny!

Initiatives:
Sonny 17+7
Illanee
Valimar 15+4
Sharon 16+3
Tevrier 17+2
Ramona 15+2
Arha 8+7
Anduran 12+3
Tentacle Creature
Raven 3+4

Luckily the tentacles made noise coming out! But these look quite large, and have some reach!

Note: Anduran would have returned from his outing by this time.

androgial
2007-07-31, 04:54 PM
anduran

while one of the strange three horned deer is cooking over the fire, havng been skinned and deboned, anduran has readied his swords in preperation for entering the temple where ranged melee would be mostly useless. when the tentacles shoot out he reacts with a full attack pattern on the emerging tentacles. (need a ruling on the exact to hit bonuses with two attacks from the main and 2 from the offhand due to improved two weapon fighting. base attacks including sword bonuses are +10/+5 meaning anduran has 4 attacks per round right now with melee weapons.)

[roll0]

attacks sans bonuses
[roll1]

wxdruid
2007-07-31, 05:10 PM
Arha casts Ray of Exhaustion at it.

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-31, 06:00 PM
Raven

Raven removes the final stone and hurls it aside as the strangle tentacles begin to emerge from the hole. While not surprised, he's certainly caught off-guard, though he works to cast a spell and draw his blade.

I'm not sure what condition I'll be in after the tentacled horror attacks. But if unmolested, Raven casts Enlarge Person ([roll0], if needed) and draws his greatsword. If he gets grappled or something his action may change.

Toliudar
2007-07-31, 06:55 PM
Ramona

At the sound of the approaching tentacles, Ramona shakes the sweat out of her brow and drops the remaining rock she was holding.

Quickly, she snatches her axe off of her back, and roars a wordless warning - whether to her companions or her opponent, it's difficult to say. She rushes up to hack at the waving nasty things before they're able to snatch up either of her new colleagues.

She's hoping to draw the attack of opportunity so that others won't have to. Ramona will charge (or move while drawing her axe and then attack, if she doesn't have a clean line to the tentacles) the creature. Assuming the addition of +2 for charging, gripping the axe for a two-handed blow:

Ramona attack and damage with axe (1d20+13=26, 1d8+8=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1185116)

Any way of telling if it's a bunch of creatures or one very big one?

Severedevil
2007-07-31, 11:07 PM
Tevrier

Tevrier also assists in shifting the rock barrier, and his wiry frame belies an implausible strength. The heavy leather belt tied firmly around his waist provides spinal support as well.

The ranger shakes his head at Ramona's question. "I've not seen these creatures, but I and my people usually avoid this place."

Tevrier hesitates at the sight of the tentacles, trying to spot the creature's body, but Ramona makes up his mind for him. Charging the beast after his half-orc companion, the ranger sweeps his scythe out in a deadly arc aimed at the most important-looking piece.
Delay until after Ramona's move, then charge, draw scythe, and strike. Attack 1d20+15=32, damage 2d4+10=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1185565). If the creature's type is aberration, the attack roll instead becomes 34 and the damage gains and additional 2+2d6=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1185569) damage.

Ruik
2007-08-01, 06:59 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar coolly steps back away from the monsters tentacles, muttering words of arcane power, and gestures towards where it has surged out of the ruins.

Ok, so I want to cast web on this creature, using the ruins to anchor it. The idea that it starts in the squares in front of Raven and Sonny and heads away from them in a 20ft radius. Therefore the only thing caught in it is the creature, and the others are free to attack it. If this isn't possible, then just have him cast Mage armor on Sonny (he's a monk right? It'll stack? Well if not go with plan C and just have him cast Mage Armor on himself...)

amanodel
2007-08-01, 09:24 AM
Sonny

Sonny's no monk. He has a few monk levels, and a wisdom score that does not entitle him for the usual monk AC :) He wears a fine mithral armor under his robes, it would be a wast to cast a spell on him.

The large thug is not surprised that there is something nasty in such a place. He instictively reaches into his pocket for his enlarging wnad, and uses it on himself, to grow just as big as Raven, and move to block the path between the tentacle monster and the more vulnerable ones of the group.

Use magic device (1d20+4=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1186357)

BlueWizard
2007-08-01, 11:48 PM
{OOC- Blue Wizard is now accepting self rolls. Do post with link or use my Dice roller.:smallcool: }

Sonny is quick to act when the tentacles surround him, they don't seem so eager to grab now. He is careful with his magical device and manages to use it again.:smallwink:

Illanee's arrow-shot deflects harmlessly off as she fires her quick trigger. It is clear these tentacles can only be hit with magical weapons.

Valimar covers the ruin opening with webbing, and seems to entangle the tentacles within the rocky ruin still blocking the cave that you are beginning to uncover. Awful insect-like squeals come from a strange creature. Only Tevrier and Anduran will know what this beast likely is:
A Carrion crawler, not a beast of nature, but common enough around the refuse or ruins of humanoids. Quite dangerous! Normally they are hues of green, however, these ones are sickly black. There are two of them judging by the sixteen tentacles.

Though Sharon is slightly tall for a woman, and on the sexy, shapely side, she still finds herself lucky enough to be smaller than the two big pieces of meat nearly surrounded in tentacles. {DM action} Sharon steps a safe distance away from the tangled creatures, and fires 4 magic missles with pin-point accuracy. {d:2, 4, 3, 5} Three of the tentacles are blasted off, and the beast squeals louder.

Tevrier holds, looking to the mighty Ramona first.

Ramona sees with the tentacles entangled in rock and web, they aren't doing much! She crashes her axe through the rubble onto the beast that Sharon had hit moments ago. Ramona's blow was so mighty she cut through some of the rocks and into the Crawler's head beyond the remaining wall. This also dislodges some of the remaining rocks {and some web}, revealing a better view of the other living one next to it.
They are nasty and blotched, and the living one has an eyestalk that is bulbous and red, looking like its about to burst with pus.

Tevrier is in luck when his corrupted abberation is revealed, his mighty scythe manuevers into the passage, and lodges itself in the beast's side. It oozes nasty blackness! {d:22!}

Arha points a black ray at the beast and clearly fatigues it, as it slows and even lessens its whimper.

Anduran:
{Since he uses a smaller off-hand weapon his minuses are: {-2/-2} If I'm not mistaken. Your four attacks should +8/+3 and +8/+3; only the 19 hit, and it failed to critical. Additional +4 for Abberations Dam: 9} Two Abberant Hunter... that'll be good.:smallbiggrin:

Anduran swings his blades stepping alongside Tevrier. Anduran's longsword's first blow strikes home, now the beast's brain. The last Carrion Crawler dies, and hisses its last awful noise. Anduran only needed one swing.

END COMBAT!---------------------------------------->

The rest of the rubble can be cleared, and it will reveal a huge 30 foot tall cave that slopes slightly into the earth. The whole wway is raw rock, as whatever was here before was ripped off the walls and destroyed, or piled amid the rubble you now have piled by the docks.

amanodel
2007-08-02, 04:19 AM
Sonny

Sonny pulls out his dagger, and pokes the tentacle creatures with disgust.

Bleh, this smell makes me wanna vomit. What the hell these things were? - he asks mainly Tevrier and Anduran, who seemed to know how to fight the creatures effectively.

Clearing the rest of the rocks from the way, he's ready to continue.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-02, 02:27 PM
Raven

Raven helps Sonny clear the remaining, and new, rubble, and he finds it much easier given his new size. He steps carefully around and over the strange beasts not wanting to carry the ichorous remains with him.

"Shall we?" he asks as he begins into the tunnel.

Toliudar
2007-08-02, 10:28 PM
Ramona

Ramona does her best to clean the nasty-looking blood off her axe blade. She glances sideways at Sonny.

What, ya mean a name asides "ugly nasty bug-thing"?

amanodel
2007-08-03, 02:07 AM
Sonny

The now-extremely-large man grimaces to Ramona as he throws the last rocks away from the path.

Yeah, I was looking for somethin' like that... "ugly nasty bug-thing". And you call a wolf a "bitey-hairy dog-thing" ?

BlueWizard
2007-08-03, 05:03 AM
The cave is big and dark. The party order is ready, and you can easily stand two abreast. This cave wall is not natural, any dungeon-crawler could tell you this, and it is stripped of any decoration or markings.

Toliudar
2007-08-03, 05:33 PM
Ramona

Ramona grins up at the big rude man.

Nah. Wolves got their own words fer wolves. They don't need mine.

Sides, I lived in and around woods most a my life. Never had a wolf try ta bite me.

She shifts her axe back into his strap, and pulls out her bow as she steps hesitantly and quietly into the large underground passage.

Good to go.

wxdruid
2007-08-03, 06:51 PM
Arha is ready to go, but she doesn't look very happy about going underground again.

androgial
2007-08-03, 08:07 PM
anduran

"they are called carrion crawlers, and there is probably a few more down the tunnel. we should eat first before we enter." anduran cleans off his blades and goes back to the roasting deer.

BlueWizard
2007-08-03, 10:28 PM
The roast deer is rich, and dark, and quite filling.

At about 100 feet in the cave the light will just flicker on more piles of rocks some 60 feet ahead. Sounds of more buggy noises squeaking can be heard.
edit:
Sharon will be NPC'd temporarily. DarkLady is just a little busy! :smallsmile:

Ruik
2007-08-04, 12:31 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Seeing Arha's discomfort, Valimar moves up next too her and speaks in a low voice. "I know you find the idea of going underground again less than pleasant, but at least you have two Drow with you - the Underdark is our home, and I promise we wont let anything bad happen." He grins, showing that he is kidding, and heads off towards the entrance following the others.

As he hears the buggy sounds, Valimar searches the way ahead, straining his eyes as he draws his wand.

Spot (1d20=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1191889) to see whats making the noise. Also, if some creature attacks, and is on foot, i'll get him to use Grease to try and make it fall over (if a big lumbering nasty), or to grease the shaft of a weapon (if its carrying a big pointy sharp thing), before using the wand.

Severedevil
2007-08-04, 01:55 AM
Tevrier

Tevrier wipes the black ichor off on any convenient facet of the landscape, attempting to keep his scythe and himself clear of aberrant stains for the time being. He frowns at Sonny's comment, leaving Anduran to provide the desired information.

Tevrier grins approvingly at Anduran's roast, and messily devours whatever he's offered. Still, he is eager to continue on to the Black Temple, and again joins the other heavy lifters in rock removal.

wxdruid
2007-08-04, 09:43 AM
She looks at Valimar with a little irritation as he talks to her.

Later, Arha leans in close to Sharon and whispers about odd feelings and demons and despite her earlier irritation seems to settle down and seems a bit distracted.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-05, 11:50 AM
Raven

Raven would have liked to proceed before his magic wore off, but shrugs as Anduran suggests one last meal above ground. He thanks Anduran for it and when they are ready he steps eagerly into the tunnel. He keeps Illanee close, trusting her eyesight.

androgial
2007-08-05, 02:15 PM
anduran

after the meal is over anduran heads down with the others and sees the next pile of rubble.

"oh great another set like the first."

as he stands gaurd ready to strike whatever attacks the ones removing the rubble from their path he mumbles to himself " well mira looks like i went and got myself into something without you. this war is harsh though, i hope you fare better than i in it if i dont see you again."

BlueWizard
2007-08-06, 12:02 AM
Sharon has her ever-burning torch out.

As Sonny approaches the pile of rocks in the center of the cave, he will notice a nasty nesting of about 6 smaller corrupted carrion crawlers in the light from Sharon's torch.

These can be squashed pretty easily, if you are careful, and no battle rounds will take place. These creatures can stun, and do impede the way you clearing the rocks.

Once the gruesome work of smashing the baby Crawlers is done, the pile of rocks can be cleared, there is some sort of stairway straight down beneath this pile.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-06, 09:40 AM
Raven

Raven carefully aids in the crawler smashing and rock clearing. He seems oddly comfortable underground, which surprises him a bit, though you wouldn't know it to look at him. He seems as calm and stoic as ever.

Upon seeing the staircase has asks, "shall we delve a bit deeper?"

BlueWizard
2007-08-06, 08:10 PM
The stairway is narrow, and once the rubble is cleared and the baby carrion crawlers are crushed, you can continue single-file down the spiral stair.

amanodel
2007-08-07, 12:20 PM
Sonny

The thug is ready to go, and lead the way down, checking for anything unusual

{skill modifiers, if needed for a roll: spot +6, search +8, disable device +5, open lock +11}

BlueWizard
2007-08-08, 06:40 AM
The stairwell is dark, and Sharon's light will be much needed.

The approximate marching order, made for the wilderness will be used here, though with Sonny bravely taking point, now that Anduran's tracking skills not as necessary.

androgial
2007-08-08, 07:42 AM
anduran

anduran follows sonny down into the depths, well at least down the stairs, with his rusty swords and rickety bow, oh all right all right,with his plain but well crafted swords and mighty bow ready to do war upon the gates of hell, ok i get it no epic prose,well anduran is ready for action against the forces that await at any rate.

Ruik
2007-08-08, 07:53 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar follows Sonny slightly further back in the party, ready to do battle with whatever evil may lie below...

If we get into combat, the standard response from Valimar will be to use grease to either trip the adversary or make them drop their weapon by making their weapons slippery. If its a caster or other ranged-attacker, he will cast shield first. And of course there is always his wand if it seems more appropriate.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-08, 09:15 AM
Raven

Raven will head into the darkness, careful to stay within the light given off by the everburning torch. Over his time traveling through the underdark his night vision developed quite well, but he was still only human after all. And back then he had been under ground for months. He grips his blade and peers into the dark as they head onward.

wxdruid
2007-08-08, 09:50 AM
Arha prefers the middle of the group, as usual. She seems a bit distracted as she walks.

Toliudar
2007-08-08, 11:32 AM
Ramona

Ramona follows close behind Sonny, peering ahead into the darkness and blessing - for a change - her orcish heritage.

BlueWizard
2007-08-09, 12:33 AM
The stairwell is dark and spirals deep into the earth. The walls are the same black stone that makes up river, lake, and temple rocks above. The walls on the way down are completely scarred, but at times the hint of evil-looking runes and images can be seen. Only Arha can even look at them for too long without getting the feeling they are going crazy. {OOC- Be careful it may involve saving throws!:smallfrown: }
Arha, Raven, and Sharon would wonder what seeing the full image or writing would do. It would not be good.
{OOC- I have alignment languages, usually based on some evil language, this one is abyssal. Alignment tongues are old school D&D languages, and not all PCs necessarily speak the language.}

Arha, Sonny, and Sharon get a familiar dark feeling as they sink deeper into the cold rock.

About 50 feet down there is a landing and a stone blocked passageway, the stairwell also continues deeper into the hill. This region is also completely destroyed. In the corner of the room are two mangled human corpses, mostly bone now, but wear chain-mail armor often worn by the King of Zhe's soldiers. Possibly Lady Nerise's husband's men?

Tevrier will spot a glittering ring on the ground near the blocked passageway. An eerie silence comes up from the darkness below, and it seems too quiet.

wxdruid
2007-08-10, 08:24 PM
Arha will occasionally talk to Sharon as she looks around at it all. It's a bit interesting...

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-10, 08:39 PM
Raven

Raven is sorely tempted to read the runes but is not at all interested in the feelings of madness that seem to flow from them. He averts his eyes and continues downward. At the sight of the dead men, Raven scans the area for any signs of what killed them.

BlueWizard
2007-08-10, 11:48 PM
Illanee looks at the blocked door, and down at the great evil darkness below. Then to Sonny, "What does the Mirror say? Either way seems pretty grim. I don't think Carrion Crawlers could hurt whatever lies beyond these two pathways."

Anduran will notice first as he is in the lead, that the stairway down is very undistrubed, and a thick layer of dust and debris coats it.

The bones of the slain looked to have been slashed by something with large sharp claws. Lots of them.

androgial
2007-08-11, 10:17 AM
anduran

"no one has go down these stairs in a long long time. id be careful if you clear the blocked passage first go slower and be ready to fight at a moments notice."

Severedevil
2007-08-11, 11:26 AM
Tevrier

Following behind the group, Tevrier shivers at the evil runes and represses the urge to draw a weapon for security. Shaking his head, the ranger puts his senses back where they belong; watching for potential attack. He seems unaffected by the grisly human corpses.

Noticing the ring, Tevrier will pick it up gingerly, trusting little in this dark place. He offers it to Sharon, although he speaks for all the spellcasters to hear. "Can you identify this ring?"

BlueWizard
2007-08-11, 01:38 PM
Tevrier will see that the ring is jewel encrusted with blue and black gems, and looks to be a valuable signet ring set in a platinum ring and frame.

Sharon {DM action, since she's busy} will cast detect magic and find nothing. She does however notice that the facially destroyed walls around here glow with POWERFUL magic.

wxdruid
2007-08-12, 12:13 AM
Arha looks over at the ring curiously, but she pays more attention to what's around her.

amanodel
2007-08-12, 06:46 AM
Sonny

The large thug, not schooled in the divine lore, is rather unaffected by the evil runes. "Just markings on a stone wall." - he says to whoever stares too long at one such thing.

When Tevrier offers the ring to Sharon, Sonny snickers loudly.- "Y'gonna be married?" - he asks with his mouth large open with laughter, a clear sign of his poor upbringing.

Upon Ilanee's question, he adresses the mirror of Freya, still in a happy mood, thanks to his own joke. "Mirror mirror in my pocket, should we chose the dust or rocky?"

Ruik
2007-08-12, 08:18 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar displays equal measures of interest and unease at the runes on the walls, and will observe the bodies curiously, trusting the others to keep an eye (and an ear!) out for danger.

Toliudar
2007-08-12, 01:57 PM
Ramona

The big half-orc whips around to gape at Sonny, and then grasps his taunt. She grimaces and throws him a look of rage, then shakes it off.

Ignoring the stupid symbols on the walls, she keeps on moving forward.

androgial
2007-08-12, 01:59 PM
anduran

anduran looks at the corpses and attempts to identify the creature type that clawed them up.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2] +4 if aberration, +2 if magical beast

BlueWizard
2007-08-12, 05:39 PM
Arha will feel as if the walls are breathing around her.

Valimar and Illanee have never felt this uncomfortable in the underground as they do right now. You can almost taste the evilness in the air.

Ramona and Tevrier didn't get that good a look at the fine Mirror that Sonny holds when he brought it out in the Pink Dragon battle. Now they could see the intricacies of the detail and art which is entwined in the beautiful silverish frame. It is feminine in style and looks a bit odd in Sonny's hand, but his face visibly changes when a different face looks out at Sonny from the Mirror. It is a goddess' face and Sonny becomes more handsome just by gazing at her.

Freya is stern and serious as she gazes from the great beyond in her Asgardian home. Though her beauty is unparalleled, and once you look into the mirror you cannot pull yourself away until she is done speaking. Her voice is like magic music, that charms every listener, and gives them faith that they are safe with her. {+2 to frigh/insanity effects, unknown amount of time} "There once were two artifacts in this Dark Temple of Utter Evil. In the upper chamber holds clues to the disappearance of Heimdall's Horn. Below, Hel's Eye still remains. Few even know of it's existence. But, it is there, I assure you. A crystallized state, but of great visionary power. Used by the dwarves of these lands in the days of Blackbeard, the wizard-priest King of the Dwarves. Lukan's grandfather. Both paths hold grave danger. Have faith in your beliefs, and may the powers of good succeed!" She fades away, and everyone realizes the silvery and green mirror frame has taken on a golden tone. Tevrier could sell that in a market for at least 25000 gold pieces on the worth of it as art alone. The magic would only double it.

Anduran determines that some sort of altered feline creature slew the dead men. Likely corrupted, considering everything else around here has been.

androgial
2007-08-12, 07:48 PM
anduran

"right we go both ways, lets hit the upper chamber first....but be very very careful, those men were killed by a feline, most likely corrupted, possibly a dispalcer beast but its hard to tell which type of feline it is at this point. who wants to start removing rocks?"

Severedevil
2007-08-12, 11:11 PM
Tevrier

Tevrier frowns at Sonny in irritated puzzlement until he realizes the connection between human marriage and ornate rings. "Of course not." the ranger sneers in contempt. "My people don't need gaudy trinkets to replace true attraction and affection between lifemates." So saying, he tucks the harmlessly mundane ring into a pocket.

Though scarcely expecting Sonny's little looking glass to sprout a deity, Tevrier listens carefully to Freya's information. He grins wryly at the feel of the divine charm. Heimdall's was better.

Tevrier will begin shifting rock as necessary, though he questions Anduran's decision. "There's a prize to be had if we go down, and a goose to be chased if we go up. Besides," he adds, looking to Ramona, "the princeling indicated the serious concerns were in the depths of the temple. For the evil to be getting stronger, new creatures must have a way to collect there. Best we close that way."

wxdruid
2007-08-12, 11:14 PM
Arha reaches out to touch a wall, to feel if it actually moves. She glances over at Sharon.

amanodel
2007-08-13, 02:57 AM
Sonny

Sonny realized how easy it is to piss of their new companions, Tevrier, and Ramona. And altough he would like to continue, this place commands some amount of seriousness to be uphold, so he leaves them alone for now.

When the mirror turns into gold, Sonny sighs, and puts the mirror away, back into the myterious pockets of his large robe.

Upon Anduran's request, he goes over to the pile fo rocks, ready to move it, if the others don't suggest otherwise.

wxdruid
2007-08-13, 05:26 PM
Arha fingers one of her knives.

BlueWizard
2007-08-14, 05:43 AM
Illanee looks eerily at the path down. "I'd agree with Tevrier." Then glancing to Raven, "Didn't the Church of Odin say we were Artifact Retrievers? Hunters is kind of vague... I'm all for tackling this blocked off corridor once we get actual known artifact. The other place is just risking life over clues."

{OOC- If no one 'votes', I'll assume that the party goes down. Sharon as temp. NPC will look at Arha shrug, and agree with Illanee.}

Ruik
2007-08-14, 07:48 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar nods his head as Tevrier's suggestion. "I never thought I would say this, but I would rather not spend any longer underground in this forsaken place than we have to. Best we deal with what we know is here for certain, and worry about possible clues to this horn later."

amanodel
2007-08-14, 09:07 AM
Sonny

Down we go, then. - states Sonny, and abandones the pile of rocks, heading to the passage downwards.

androgial
2007-08-14, 10:27 AM
anduran

anduran shrugs and joins the others blades drawn

BlueWizard
2007-08-14, 02:55 PM
The group slowly continues to descend the great dark stair leaving the two dead corpses and the blocked passageway.

Here the walls are pitch black rock and the silver runes are easily viewable. Wicked inscription and even artwork in silver liter the walls and ceiling of the spiral stone stair. Clearly whoever destroyed the upper temple area and blocked off the door didn't go in here. {OOC- The walls are calling you to look at them. You may save anyway, if you're immersed in this evil enough.}

It is eerily silent on your walk down, and even light-footed Sonny makes noise with padded footfalls.

androgial
2007-08-14, 03:54 PM
anduran

anduran excercises his wont power and defies the walls existance substituting his own reality whereby writing on the walls mean someone had too much leasuretime on their hands and writing does nothing else.

[roll0]

wxdruid
2007-08-14, 05:11 PM
Arha tries to watch where she's walking, but her eyes keep getting drawn to the walls and the writing.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-14, 09:13 PM
Raven

Raven continues on, wielding his greatsword carefully as he walks amidst his allies. He notices the runes, and perhaps a year ago would have pondered them at his peril figuring that power is power, whatever its source. While his affiliation with the church of Thor was neither terribly formal nor terribly restrictive, he still found himself more interested in finding the good -- and eschewing the evil in things.

This writing he thinks is evil, in a malignant sense, and he does his best to avoid looking at it.

amanodel
2007-08-15, 02:32 AM
Sonny

The thug doesn't believe that the walls got a power, or any evil mojo like that, so he doesn't even try to fight the urge to look at the walls. He's more interested in traps and monsters waiting in the darkness, but he gives an ocassional look at the walls, too. Maybe there are traps built in the wall, he thinks.

Not even trying the will save.

Ruik
2007-08-15, 07:54 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

For once, the thought of something magical and unknown is not enough to cause Valimar to look at the inscriptions and artwork that adorn the walls. He keeps his eyes fixed firmly on the back of the person in front of him, quietly whispering a prayer to his goddess, fixing his thoughts firmly on his wife and young child, and away from the evil that still calls to his heritage.

BlueWizard
2007-08-16, 08:12 AM
For now Farlgort can block the evil images of sacrifice and summoning, but others will not be able to help viewing them subconsiously out of the corner of your eyes. It even over-powers the magic resistance of the two drow in the party.

Will saves:
Success:
Anduran
Arha
Ramona
Tevrier
Sonny {made a DM one :smallbiggrin: }

Failed:
Illanee
Raven
Valimar
Sharon

Raven, Valimar, Illanee, and Sharon cannot help, but glance at the black and silver artwork. These four will now be immune to the effects of these evil ruins and can see them for what they are. Each affected differently by the experience. All of them partially scarred from the experience, perhaps there are some more than others. Nothing will change on them... for now, that will effect their class.

Secondary Will Saves
success:
Sharon

failed:
Raven
Valimar
Illanee

Sharon is aware of what happened, and the least harmed by the dangerous runes. She saw similar stuff on Brownclaw Rock with Sonny and Arha. Raven, Valimar, and Illanee will be permanently frightened {Shaken fear effect} while in the depths of this evil temple. The effect will disappear when they are out of it. They may also have sustained some minor traumatic mental effects related to this god-cult-pantheon. {It is quite confusing even for the initiated.}

The pathway down is dark, and gets cold. Darkness swirls around you all in shadow form, and the rest of you almost feel scared, but are able to keep your wits.

amanodel
2007-08-17, 08:30 AM
Sonny

Pheh, sissy drow. - Sonny comments when he sees the fear in their eyes - Like this wall is gonng to eat you... -

C'me on, Raven boy, what did you learn from these sissy black elves? A man of your strenght shouldn't be afraid from any spooky evil mojo!

Sonny will give a push to any of the frightened persons who would think not going further down would be the best.

Blantantly using the GM-made saving throw as an excuse to be extra rude with anyone who failed the save. :) "Empathetic" doesn't appear in sonny's vocabulary.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-17, 01:03 PM
Raven

Raven shudders at the strange ideas rolling around in his mind. He nods at Sonny's cajoling and allows himself to be led or driven along further into the temple, but his eyes dart about and his mind continues to grapple with the strange, dark ideas.

"Yes, yes," he says, shambling along and nodding slightly.

BlueWizard
2007-08-17, 05:54 PM
The hideous, horrible images litter the walls all the way down the spiraling stairway. {The like could only be found on similar temple-runes dedicated to Lloth.}

It made those who failed to save twice against the images sick, and even a little confused while descending. {still only shaken modifiers though :smallwink: }

The landing chamber was no better. This was a small room. With red colors added to the already sickly and disgusting images of black and silver; depicting the demon-cult's worship. Illanee, Valimar, and Raven could only puke their deer meat. The floor in which they defaced was equally as evil, and covering it made them strangely feel better.
{Still shaken:smallfrown: }

Pointman Anduran's, trained eye notices the outline of a faint doorway against the wall opposite wall of the stair landing {which is in the center of this 20x20 room}. Anduran's boldness at gazing upon the walls was beginning to wear thin, and one wondered how long he could make himself not see the images before him. All of you feel as if more mental saves may be to come, for the evil is so thick you can taste it, even if you're a non-arcanist and have no idea what is making your skin prickle. Sonny feels a little nervous entering this lower chamber.

It'll take some time in this chamber before a button is found to open the door.

Sharon {DM action} will cast detect magic and gaze about. She will share with everyone as she shivers at the sights {with no ill effects, yet!}, that everything in here is immensely magical. Evil magic. VERY EVIL magic. The kind that's source can only be the Abyss.

Beyond the door is a great chamber, only 20 feet high, but with many fat columns spread out in all directions. Out of Sharon's light for sure. Tall shadows dance about the walls, and continue to disconcert the shaken ones. The rest of you can feel a cold wind blowing over your flesh.

androgial
2007-08-17, 07:41 PM
Anduran

once the door is open anduran continues on straight ahead readying himself to be surrounded. moving foreward until either he is totaly surounded or has reached the other side.

[roll0] (includes +2 from mirror vrs insanity/fright)

Ruik
2007-08-17, 10:36 PM
Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar moves away from the pool of his own vomit and uses some water to clean his mouth and then hands, wringing them together long after they are clean, as he looks around fearfully.

As he looks through the door he licks his lips, and his voice drops to a whisper. "I can see them moving... twisting... dancing... I do not want to go in there... I don't want to... Its not clean... I don't want to..."

His hand clutches at his wand as he looks to Illanee and Raven, before looking back at the rest of the group. He is willing to go forward for his friends, but it is clear that that is the only reason.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-17, 10:45 PM
Raven

Raven will follow, subconsciously maintaining his spot in the marching order, but his eyes continue to look around suspiciously not just at the walls, but at each of you in turn. He says nothing, and it's hard to tell what, if anything, he's thinking or seeing.

BlueWizard
2007-08-18, 03:55 AM
The great chamber spreads out before Anduran. Judging by the echoes in the black stone columned hall, it could be huge.

Anduran doesn't get far, before fiery images descend toward him. 2 man-sized demon creatures, of rough, tall, and emaciated humanoid shape. {Need Knowledge of Planes} One has blood-red skin, the other is blue. Both have bony, white, vestigal wings mostly to slow their descent from their hidden positions above. All of you are ready, and there are no surprises here, so you guys can get ready for combat as Anduran alerts you all to the danger he is now in. They are wreathed in strange colored flames. The red one is covered in yellow and green fire and the blue in white-blue streams of flame.

Initiatives:
Arha 13+7
Anduran 17+3
Tevrier 15+2
Raven 14+4 {-2}
Sonny 7+7
Fiery Demons!!!!!!!!
Sharon 4+3
Ramona 5+2
Illanee
Valimar 1+4 {-2}

amanodel
2007-08-18, 08:09 AM
Sonny

Ocassionally pushing the drows and Raven ahead. When Anduran notices the unholy creatures, Sonny's quick to act. Not really keen to touch the flaming demons, he pulls his dagger, and charges at the demons.

Attack with charge, damage (1d20+10=16, 1d4+4=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1213613)

Where's a damn priest when we need one?! - he curses with a grim face before running to face the demons.

wxdruid
2007-08-18, 02:03 PM
Arha was fingering her bracelets with a considering look, but as the fiery demons descend she casts Death Armor on herself. She is covered in black flames.

any creature that touches her or attacks with a handheld weapon takes 1d4 + 3. If the creature has spell resistance, it applies to the damage.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-18, 02:52 PM
Raven

Still in a bit of a haze about where he's going and why such bizarre thoughts are twisting in his mind, Raven snaps to attention as the fiery beasts descend on them. With an angry look toward Sonny, Raven hurls himself at the demons. He finds himself oddly pleased to be leaving the tainted ground and utterly focused on his foe.
What have you led us into?

Still shaken, of course. And Raven's got a bit of paranoia from the evil runes, which he's fleetingly taking out on Sonny.

[roll0]

Charging Leap Attack & Shock Trooper
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] x2 Valorous = 92

AC: 17 (-7 due to Shock Trooper shifting the Power Attack penalty to AC)
HP: 42

androgial
2007-08-18, 03:06 PM
anduran

anduran shrugs and attack red demon.(rolls on dice roller thread)

attack 1 to hit 16 if hit 4 damage
attack 2 to hit 21 if hit 5 damage
attack 3 22 threatened threat roll 11 if hit 6 if criticaled 10 damage
attack 4 17 if hit 5 damage
full attack

BlueWizard
2007-08-18, 06:10 PM
Arha, still in the Landing Chamber, gets the attention of the falling, flaming demons, as she casts her spell and becomes wreathed in black flames. They can't see her through the doorway yet, but heard the voices. She hears a voice in her head, "Join us now. Or die!"

Anduran has to wait momentarily as the falling demons come closer to him....
He will strike with full attack ability against the demons when they close in on him... right now the demons are considered falling in mid-air, near the ceiling, at the top of thick columns.

Tevrier is near the back of the group, and won't be able to get there in time. He can prepare bolas or get ready some other way. {Can be retro'd} He will hold until the demons land and he can see them better over the group.

Raven is right there as Anduran steps through into the dark columned chamber. His fear-stricken minds recalls these beasts as servants of the Balor. They were failed Balors, the Palrethee, now in constant torment in eternal burning fire. This obviously did nothing to them, neither did poison nor electricity. Not much for that matter, but he thinks somewhere in the back of his tormented thoughts that they might be vulnerable to cold! And pain!
The mighty duskblade leaps high into the air in a mighty jump and chops deeply into the closest one. The red demon screeches in pain as Raven's sword rips the red one in two and it bursts in a small explosion of green and yellow fire sending it back to the Abyss. The explosion does nothing to Raven, but he does take fire damage from the flames that licked him as he struck the demon in mid-air. {dam: 92, 20 did not go through.... though it was good enough to kill it from the material plane. Fire damage to Raven:13}

The blue screeches in horror, "Killing us only makes us stronger! We will return!"

The blue demon nears Anduran and he swipes brutally at it as Raven lands gracefully nearby in the great hall. All deflect off the demons strange natural armor. He manages to avoid getting burnt, because of his misses.

Tevrier's bola strikes the demon with a toss over all your heads, but the palrethee manages not to get tangled in the metal balls and cord.

Sonny slams into it, but deflects off it. He takes some fire damage, from the demon wreathed in blue-white hot streaks. {d:11}

When the blue demon finally lands the terror of it's presence settles in!
{Fear saves}
success: {all shaken for 1 round}
Ramona 20+2
Tevrier 18+5
Sonny 12+4
Raven 13+6-2
Sharon 11+6

failed: {must flee!}
Anduran 2+4
Arha 8+6
Valimar 6+3-2 {Overcame SR}
Illanee

Feeling its fear aura emanate from it, it boldly ignores frightened Anduran, and moves to slay the human that destroyed its partner's mortal form. "You I will feast upon now!" The beast swings around and slams Raven over the head with a fiery long sword it had hidden in the flames around it. {d:12 + 2 fire} The flaming sword also causes the heroic duskblade to catch fire! {reflex save: 7+3-2; d:4} This will also cause some of Raven's items to catch fire as well!:smallfrown: Raven is now burning in white-blue flames!

Sharon targets the demon with a magic missile, but the spell fizzles on its spell resistance!

Ramona can get herself ready and armed as she pushes to the front of the group to squash this beast. But, it is a very crowded chamber in which she must push through.

Illanee heads up the stairs and flees the battle, but does so carefully, as she doesn't like where she is now either, surrounded in the evil, swirling stairwell again!

Valimar is at least not far to help sprint by any demons here. He and Illanee are only 30 feet up, before the slow their escape. They are frightened, but leaving the group now would only get them more killed.... and they were all still alive. But for now the drow were frightened. Even her husband Raven's endangerment is magically pushed out of her conscious thoughts!

End Round 1-------------------------------->

{OOC- For future battle notes also post the material your sword is made of, it matters.:smallamused: }

Initiatives:
Arha 13+7 fear!
Raven 14+4 {-2} {hp 9/40} is ON FIRE
Anduran fear
Tevrier
Sonny {d:11}
Fiery Demons!!!!!!!!
Sharon 4+3
Ramona 5+2
Illanee fear
Valimar 1+4 {-2} fear

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-18, 09:33 PM
Raven

Raven drinks a potion, though it seems for an instant as if he may douse himself with it. Then he flees the demon while cursing in some language none of you have ever heard him speak before. Some of you may recognize it as Draconic.

Drink potion of Cure Serious Wounds for [roll0]
Run ahead, away from the demon, if possible.

AC: 24
HP: 29

Ruik
2007-08-19, 08:00 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Despite the magically induced fear coursing through him, Valimar is not unaware of the danger his friends are in, and attempts to master himself long enough to make use of his arcane powers.

Ok, so not sure if Valimar is still running scared or not. If possible, he will cast Haste on Raven.

androgial
2007-08-19, 08:13 AM
anduran

anduran flees in the fastest mode possible to him, he flickers and vanishes.

amanodel
2007-08-19, 08:25 AM
Sonny

The large thug follows the demon that attacked Raven, and tries to drive his sai at it's back.

Attack, damage, sneak attack damage (1d20+8=10, 1d4+4=6, 3d6=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1214922)

wxdruid
2007-08-19, 10:58 AM
Arha hears the voice but the fear overwhelms any thoughts of fighting and she goes back towards the stairs.

BlueWizard
2007-08-19, 01:53 PM
Arha becomes the most frightened anyone has seen her, and retreats up with the two drow.

Raven retreats five feet and drinks the potion and retreats. The action will unfortunately draw an attack from the blue Palrethee if Raven moves farther. {AoO}

Anduran makes a safe retreat away from the demon, and toward the stairs, brushing by Ramona on her way out. Anduran can tell a strange chaotic magic is in the air that may hinder any magical portation powers here. Something even worse could happen to him if he uses any powers like this.

The way is clear for Tevrier with nearly half the group retreating. He whips up his scythe and charges up to the currently unengaged demon. {7+13+2 miss} Tevrier strikes the beast, but merely scrapes the tough demon's flesh, and blue-white flame licks Tevrier a bit. {fire d:11}

Sonny slides around the man-sized demon, opposite where Tevrier attacked. His sai misses the demon, but he avoids the encircling blue-white flames.

With Sonny and Tevrier only on him, and the nearby Raven healing up, the demon decides to attack the meanest of the two men, Sonny. The flaming blade whips twice around Sonny, the quick, big man avoids one flaming slice, but not another! Sonny manages to pull away before the flames caught him on fire, but the hot blade did cause some pain! {d:9 + 6 fire}
Raven will take a little more fire damage as the flames continue to lick his body. {d:2}

Sharon will flip out her heavy bedroll, and wrap it around Raven. A complete action of this will extinguish the flames on Raven. {OOC- DM action. Sharon's bedroll is now fire damaged, though.... perhaps, Raven can buy her a nice soft silk one...:smallwink: someday.}

Ramona is waiting nearby the monster to step in and get her full attacks. Now she engages! She does hold in her rage... for now. {7+11 miss; 18+6 d:13; 4+11 miss} Ramona can see the wound she did make close up, as if her magical weapon didn't bother it at all! She does take some fire damage! {d:13 and 11 fire}

Illanee and Valimar are huddled in the stairwell with heads tucked into one another. It is the only way they feel safe... that and the sounds of their friends fighting below them. {OOC- Valimar is panicked and can only use spells to escape.} Arha will come upon this scene and begin to relax a little, she too is panicked, but knows rushing up alone would only get her killed. Anduran is still at the bottom of the stairwell at this point of his panicked state.

End Round 2------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Arha 13+7 fear!
Raven 14+4 {-2} {hp 27/40}
Anduran fear
Tevrier 45/56
Sonny {hp 12/38}
Fiery Demons!!!!!!!!
Sharon 4+3
Ramona 5+2 {48/72}
Illanee fear
Valimar 1+4 {-2} fear

androgial
2007-08-19, 03:11 PM
anduran

anduran climbs the stairs to the rest of the huddled group affected by the fear and stops. he cant leave men behind.

weapons

longsword +2, made of steel
short sword +2, made of steel
longbow, made of yew
arrows, made of hawthorn or elm (whichever was most plentiful when he crafted them back in menga)

BlueWizard
2007-08-19, 03:23 PM
OOC- Hahah... I meant special materials.:smallbiggrin:

wxdruid
2007-08-19, 05:45 PM
Arha stops where the others are huddled, she doesn't touch anyone, her spell should still be active.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-19, 07:47 PM
Raven

Raven is comforted by Sharon's aid, and not just because he isn't on fire anymore. Oddly calm, at least on the outside, he steps back once more, drinking another potion, if time permits, and then casting a spell that makes him flash blue briefly. Despite his outer calm, one can see that his hands still shake.

5' step, drink potion of Cure Moderate Wounds [roll0], and cast Resist Energy (20, fire, 70 mins).

Still shaken.
AC: 24
HP: 42

Severedevil
2007-08-20, 11:54 AM
Tevrier

Tevrier recoils in surprise at the pain of striking the creature, but Ramona's charge reaffirms his determination. Stepping around to pin it against Ramona, he makes two quick strikes with his adamantium scythe, first for the demon's torso and second for its base of stability. Tevrier grits his teeth against the burning pain that's sure to come.

Attack 1d20+15=25, damage. 2d4+10=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1216144). The second attack is a trip attack, touch attack 1d20+10=19, Strength check to trip 1d20+10=30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1216148)!

Tevrier's weapon is a +1 adamantine scythe. It's also aberration bane, of course, so on the off-chance that these 'demons' are actually aberrations he gets a +2 attack/damage bonus and +2d6 damage to his attacks.

Between travel and sickness, Severedevil has been inactive for a while. My apologies; I've returned properly now.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-08-20, 09:33 PM
Sharon

Sharon, figuring that ice will help combat fire demons, sends a sphere of ice winging towards one of the demons. She seems more eager to enter this fight than others she had engaged in previously, although not so much so that she would neglect her allies' needs.

(Back, hopefully for the duration.

Sharon casts Lesser Orb of Electricity (cold substitution). Ranged touch attack +6; 4d8 damage. No spell resistance.

Also, in addition to the everburning torch, Sharon's wearing her goggles of night.)

BlueWizard
2007-08-21, 12:04 AM
Arha is near the two drow in the stairway. She keeps her distance, and they all stare in fear at the walls.

Raven remains back as others in the front-line try to fend that last beast off. When he drinks the potion he looks 100%. He feels the fire resistance click in, and feels confident he can finish this beast.

Anduran finds the 3 other frightened allies in the stairwell.

Tevrier strikes the beast with the adamantium scythe, he rips open flesh, which quickly seals itself up. He is also singed in the process! {d:13} The trip merely clips off the strong legs, and he is once again burned! {d:9} He looks pretty singed, but still standing.

With Sonny barely standing, {DM action} he backs away and attempts to use his wand to cure him. He fails, and for now doesn't draw the attention of the demon. {He is still only 5 feet away.}

The demon looks at the big half-orc wielding the two-headed axe as if its a toothpick, and wail into her. Her chain-shirt protects her from the first attack, but a mighty come-back swing slashes and burns her right arm. {d:10 fire 4} She manages to pull away before the blue-white fire envelops her.

Sharon aims a small orb of frost at the demon, {13+6 d:10 -Two 1's, but doubled to twenty!} it explodes painfully on the beast and it howls horribly as the ice dissipates to steam. Sharon has now drawn its attention.

Ramona hits the beast three times across the demon's chest and only one blow did any harm.

Illanee and Valimar are still frightened, but slightly comforted by the presence of their companions.

End Round 3----------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Arha 13+7 fear!
Raven 14+4 {-2} {hp full/40}
Anduran fear
Tevrier 23/56
Sonny {hp 12/38}
Fiery Blue Demon!!!!!!!!
Sharon 4+3
Ramona 5+2 {34/72}
Illanee fear
Valimar 1+4 {-2} fear

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-08-21, 12:41 AM
Sharon attempts the same trick, backing up (either five foot or further, if possible to do so without drawing an AoO) before lobbing another blob of ice at the demon.

(Unless of course, the demon drops her into negative HP, in which case, I expect she bleeds.)

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-21, 12:53 AM
Raven

Raven's hands still shake, but he leaps forward, blocking the demon's path to Sharon, and hacking at it with his greatsword. "Begone!" he cries channelling all this fear and anger into his sword arm, and his voice.

Still Shaken

Charging Leap Attack/Power Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] x 2 Valorous = 82

AC: 17 (7 power attack penalty shifted to AC via shock trooper)

androgial
2007-08-21, 01:02 AM
anduran

they are still fighting....must run from demon....cant leave men behind while still fighting.........do something anduran do something

anduran makes an attempt to do something other than run away, he sheathes his longsword and pricks his index finger with his short sword.

attempting to change the writing on the wall with his own blood.(i figure a will save to do something other than run, another vrs the runes already there, and a third to try to change them into asgardian runes of courage and protection)(will save +4, +2 from mirror vrs fear/insanity)

amanodel
2007-08-21, 03:19 AM
Sonny

Angrily, Sonny drops the wand that failed him, and with a weird sommersault, he jumps back [roll0] out of the demon's reach. Seeing that his sai cannot damage the monster at all, he pulls Ymelda's magical bow, and places an arrow upon the string, aiming for the demon. He leaves the meelee for his companions with significally bigger weapons.

wxdruid
2007-08-21, 10:17 AM
Arha is still scared, but worries about Sharon.

BlueWizard
2007-08-22, 04:18 AM
Arha is still frightened.

Raven on his recovery has stepped out into the greater darkness of the chamber and charges again with his leaping attack and a clear path. However, his mighty blow deflects off the tough flesh of the blue demon. It roars with laughter as Raven takes more fire damage. {d:12}

Anduran is in fear with the others.... {OOC- Saw the rolls:smallcool: }
He fails to even look at the walls or do anything, but focuses only on the allies around him.

Tevrier tries a serious of slashes and trips again, but again fails to fell the strong demon.

Sonny tumbles safely away from combat, but he needn't worry, at the moment the demon looks only to Raven.

The demon lashes out violently, missing Raven once, but clipping the duskblade with the fiery blade on a second jab. Raven burns again! {d:11 fd:6} The white-blue flames jump from the sword and engulf Raven, he is on fire again! {d:1}

Sharon lobs another ice orb at the distracted demon's head. It is a direct hit, and kills it instantly. {20+6, confirm 20+6, kill 18+6; only allowed for PCs:smallwink: } The steamy explosion sends the dead, headless, blue demon back to the Abyss.

End Combat------------------------>
Less than a minute later everyone else will have overcome the magical fear effect. Not much time will be given to recovery, as the sound of frantic foot steps running comes from the great darkness ahead of you all.

Raven can be put out with help from a burnt up bedroll....

amanodel
2007-08-22, 04:25 AM
Sonny

The thug quickly picks up his healing wand, and tosses it to Tevrier. Scratching his burnt wounds, ha says: Rangers can use this mojo better than me, as far as I know.

Hearing the advancing footsteps, he readies his bow, aiming into the darkness, waiting for something to appear.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-22, 09:50 AM
Raven

[OOC:Fire Resistance 20 should negate the fire damage and being on fire, right? I cast energy resistance in round 3.]

Raven remains on edge, but once the demon is destroyed, he stops moving entirely. He returns to looking about in a paranoid fashion and grips his sword tightly.

BlueWizard
2007-08-22, 10:09 AM
OOC- Raven has taken no fire damage.:smallredface:

androgial
2007-08-22, 10:23 AM
anduran

with the overwhelming fear from those two demons gone anduran rushes back to the fighters that managed to stay fighting, just in time to hear the approaching footfalls.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-08-22, 11:23 AM
Sharon appears quite gleeful about the death of the demon, even emitting a short laugh before going to check on Arha and the others. She whips her head around as she catches the sound of the approaching footsteps, a few seconds later than the others, peering into the dark beyond the circle of light from her torch.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-22, 12:28 PM
Raven

Raven sips gingerly at a potion of cure light wounds and turns to put his blade between himself and the new noises.

[roll0]

wxdruid
2007-08-22, 06:54 PM
Arha goes back to join Sharon. Her Death Armor has 2 rounds to go.

BlueWizard
2007-08-23, 04:29 AM
About two minutes after Sharon destroyed the last demon, the loud footsteps are so near you can now see who sprints toward you from the great chamber.

It is the woman in pink dragon armor, she is weeping and distraught, "No! No! No! Don't go on! The dragon will kill you! she is coming now to kill me! Go, and take me with you!"

The pink dragon-armor clad woman emerges into the lowlight. Her helmet is off, and red hair bounces wildly. She is quite sexy and imposing in the armor, but clearly upset.

She will bound to Sonny's feet and prostrate herself before him, "I love you, and will serve you until the end of my days. I don't know why... but I trust you." This fine noble woman shames herself publicly, as she kisses Sonny's dirty boots., and says this before you all. "Hurry... SHE comes... hurry!"

Ruik
2007-08-23, 07:16 AM
Valimar Kil'ana

Still staying close to Illanee, the shaken Valimar once again tries to pull himself together to face this new threat.

Toliudar
2007-08-23, 10:28 AM
Ramona
AC 19. HP 34/72

Aching from the flames and the weird demon-thing's claws, Ramona is having trouble focusing on the miserable pink woman's pathetic display.

What IS it with these "civilized" girls. There's GOTTA be some middle ground between trying to kill a man and kissing his boots. And...oh, great! The big steamer again.

Quickly slipping her axe back into its loop, Ramona draws and tests her bow. Then, remembering the special item she'd stumbled on back in the city, she reaches into the brown bag at her belt and tosses a small ball of fur onto the ground. Quickly, it expands to become a bear, glistening thick fur, more than 4 feet tall at the shoulder. Glancing around at group, the bear focuses on Ramona.

Go, uh, stand off ta the side by the doorway over there. Bite something if'n it comes in here.

Shrugging to Tevrier, Ramona turns her attention to Sonny and the drama unfolding with the woman in pink.

Tan bag of tricks (1d100=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1221302)

amanodel
2007-08-23, 11:12 AM
Sonny

The thug scratches his head, looking down to the daughter of Devos at his feet. He liked her more upon a dragon, trying to kill him. Those of you who have elf-keen ears, could hear him whispering: "Blasted mirror. Pfsh."

Returning quite quickly from the shock the woman's behaviour caused, reaches down, and grabs Providence with a strong grip and lifts the woman from te ground, looking at Raven's face witha quick glance. The darkhaired warrior would kill the girl, that's certain. And vica versa. Whatever Raven would say, Sonny interrupts him quickly. "Later."

The last time someone has trusted him, was when he said something like "I'm going to break your fringers one by one if you don't talk, trust me", so the girl's feelings must have been manipulated by the mirror somehow, Sonny thinks.

Suddenly Sonny speaks up, in a commanding voice. - "Retreat to the tunnels, where it can't fly, or fit in at all. Go!" - Still holding the girl strongly, he waits for the others to retreat, and follows them, dragging Providence along. He holds her strongly for numerous reasons. This way she ca't quickly draw a dagger and stab him, cannot run away, attack Raven, or the worst, to continue the cravling at his feet.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-23, 11:28 AM
Raven

Raven's mind is a whirl at this strange development. Still, he heeds Sonny's strong instruction and heads for the tunnel.

androgial
2007-08-23, 12:38 PM
anduran doesnt heed sonny and steps behind a column blades drawn and lokking up and to the right and left for his chance.

[roll0]

[roll1]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-08-23, 02:17 PM
Sharon presses her everburning torch into Arha's hands, winking out of sight seconds later. It's impossible to tell if she's following Sonny's advice or not.

(Casting Invisibility, and staying in the room, well clear of the line of traffic.)

Severedevil
2007-08-23, 04:42 PM
Tevrier

Burned nastily, Tevrier continues to swing his scythe skillfully but uselessly against the powerful demon until Sharon's precise orb destroys it. Once the thing is dead, he quaffs a healing potion to sooth his injuries. ([roll0].)

The ranger frowns in confusion at Sonny upon receiving the healing wand. "You're the wand-wielder here." As he returns the wand, Tevrier's fingers tingle oddly, but he ignores the sensation to focus on more pressing concerns. Though he certainly wouldn't argue with a little healing from Sonny's wand.

He spares a look of disgust for the grovelling dragonrider and follows after Sonny, glancing to Ramona to make sure she's coming. "We need a place where we can strike at its flanks," Tevrier notes, "so we can kill it instead of running."

wxdruid
2007-08-23, 06:12 PM
Arha accepts the torch from Sharon and keeps her feelings private and off her face about the stupid girl. She goes with everyone else.

BlueWizard
2007-08-23, 10:32 PM
Pink Dragon-scale Armor:
The bear seems to nod, and lumbers over to guard the doorway.

Sharon immerses the group in darkness, and becomes invisible to anyone blinded by this darkening action.

Most of the group retreats into the Landing room, some of you may have to get on the stairs. The stairs take up a third at its center.

Tevrier feels much better.

There will be some time to attempt to heal up, so do it now for the sound of swooshing is coming from the far side of the huge dark columned chamber!

Lady Providence will don her helmet, and do whatever Sonny says. She is close at his side, and looks like a worthy comrade in her fine pink dragon-scale armor.

Anduran disappears and awaits to sneak attack the dragon.

amanodel
2007-08-24, 04:56 AM
Sonny

While waiting for the dragon, Sonny takes back the wand from Tevrier, and heals the ranger and himself as much as possible.

(Could you roll for me? I have trouble with that while in work.)

Toliudar
2007-08-24, 11:06 AM
Ramona

With the bear in position, Ramona also goes to Sonny and asks, a bit shyly.

That, uh, skeleton-thing burned me up pretty bad. Any chance a ya tappin' me a few times too?

Ramona got burned pretty badly in that fight, and coupld probably take four charges on the wand, at least.

If time permits, she too will take cover behind a pillar, readying her bow.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-08-24, 11:29 AM
While waiting for the dragon to appear, Sharon casts Mage Armor and Fly on herself. Her intention is to follow it from behind as it heads up the passageway towards the group, in the hopes that, once it's in the smaller tunnel it will be unable to turn around, and she can attack it with impunity from the rear.