PDA

View Full Version : [A D&D] 1st Edition Fire Mage

KellKheraptis
2013-08-01, 07:59 AM
Hi all, I was wondering if someone could point me to the article on the original elemental mages from 1st Ed AD&D, as originally seen in either Dragon, Dungeon, or Polyhedron. I can't find my old article on them :( It has seriously turned into a needle in a haystack scavenger hunt.

Thanks!

EDIT : If it helps, some stand-out spells were Doomkill, Miniball, Double Miniball, Power Word: Ignitus, and Incinerate (Disintegrate, only showier and by fire).

hamlet
2013-08-01, 09:33 AM
You'd have better luck over at Dragonsfoot. They have an index somewhere over there of the old Dragon and Dungeon articles.

KellKheraptis
2013-08-04, 10:01 PM
You'd have better luck over at Dragonsfoot. They have an index somewhere over there of the old Dragon and Dungeon articles.

The hunt is over. As it turns out, it was Different Worlds issue 2 from 1979, the article 'Specialty Mages - Part 2'. The guys over at Dragonsfoot pointed me to another place known for having a LOT of old school collectors, and ultimately I got the answer from a regular on a Facebook group (who is likely also a forum member all over the place). I'll have to post how the remake went, now that it's mostly fleshed out. Thanks again, and mods, this can be closed now.